Speaker 1: Re competed with make a statement.
Speaker 2: You tipped the Warriors?
Speaker 3: How many statements the need to make?
Speaker 2: The Warriors tipped the Warriors in front of me last night? Who's playing?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: So this is our weekly ritual with the tips. We're in three sixty where he's like, oh, forgot my tips again? Can you read the games out for me? So I read the games right? And you generally start when you read the tips out? Who do you generally start with the home every time? Who's the home team? Like the team I'm reading out first? Man?
Speaker 1: Are you sure tip Warriors?
Speaker 2: Warriors?
Speaker 3: But he's running.
Speaker 2: Clad.
Speaker 3: I don't not worry about your tip. You tip the Warriors, right, I think of the real You did really.
Speaker 4: Important game for the while. Welcome to the Code NRL Show.
Speaker 3: It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: We were your last week, Dave.
Speaker 3: We're on a special assignment because.
Speaker 1: You know, ratings were down, the ratings plummeted, just and that's a fact. Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm just it's good to be back. Forys, I missed you. No on special assignment Mick carrianas Brent Reid. Slightly quieter week as far as the week we had prior with the West Tigers. But I want to get into an issue. I reckon it's going to rear its head and it will be really interesting to see how this club manages. And it's the Dolphins. They have a monster list of off contract stars from this November one. Let's rattle through a couple of their names. Selwyn Cobboa, Hamiso tabioa for Doe, Herbie farm Worth anymore that ye? Who else?
Speaker 1: Connolly Lemou Lemou?
Speaker 3: Okay, these are gun players right now.
Speaker 1: We're not say that. There's another bit there, Dave. I think they don't have to upgrade Osaka Towa well because I think he's worth a lot more than these being paid.
Speaker 3: At the moment. Okay, so he just to be wrong, just to make it clear. He's off at the end of twenty eight. He's one year later than the guys we've just mentioned.
Speaker 1: Let me check that. You know you're on filibuster wa watch it.
Speaker 3: So it's so. What I'm saying is we've seen Penrith and other clubs managed their finals campaign with stacks of players off contract and the ability to just to press pause on the intensity of negotiations and say we will deal with that later on once we get through finals. I'm a little bit concerned it might impact the Dolphins, a young club that are on the precipice of making their first final series with such significant names off contract. I think this is a really big, delicate act, a balancing act, and I think it'll become a watch and sea story for the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, because those players are all going to be in the demand if they get to November one, Like you look at you know the rumors around Herbie and the Roosters, and you know the Dragons potentially making a play for Bostoc And then if I'm so gets to November one as well, he's going to have no shortage of clubs after him. So they're high and talent, high and caliber players. The only thing I'll say is that the sort of you know, we've spoken about Penrith for what nine months, really around the November one guys, we're just starting to speak around the Dolphins now, So the scrutiny around him probably hasn't been as prevalent as it has been around the Panthers in terms of the media expectations and pressure. But you're right, like.
Speaker 3: Is the Dolphins don't really get much spotlight and pressure. That's what I'm saying, Penrith about it for six years. Yeah, so they almost know how to deal with it. This club, this management, this head coach haven't had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need they need to want to look one of those two or at least one or two within the next fortnight.
Speaker 1: I think when it becomes an issue for them, Davi is Brisbane have been so poor this year. They're obviously going to miss the finals, right to all the hopes of how these queens in the final series series will rest on the Dolphins. All I will be on the Dolphins. So you talk about them flying under the radar to an extent, they won't be able to fly under the radar when the finals come because they're the only show in Brisbane. Right. So that's when I reckon there's going to be a lot more attention on them, a lot more heat on them and on with Mick. They need to resolve a couple of those blokes. I reckon before the finals. They're talking to Hammer. Yep, they're talking to finnyfy Rearchy. I know those talks have already begun. I believe they both want to stay right. Hammer is a guy if Hammer gets to November one, mate, as if P and G aren't going to take a look at him. But Herbie and Jack Bostok, the whisperers all both go to November one, and that's going to be a immense show. I think if those guys get to November one, you might as well put up the white flag. They're gone, yeah, both of them.
Speaker 3: You think the Dolphins are no chance if they go to November one, Yeah, we've seen players test the market.
Speaker 1: I'm club. I'm just saying I think they're gone. I think they're gone. They get to November one.
Speaker 3: That would be a hammer blow.
Speaker 1: Well that's good the way he did that. Did you disagree with me?
Speaker 2: Not think they're a chance of keeping Bosstoc? I think if Herbie gets November one, those.
Speaker 1: The only thing I would say in that meaning, I'm sure that they're having a red hot go to keep Jack Bosstok. Now, So if he gets November one, my gut feeling is if he's on the open market, he's going to get some big officers from Sydney. As we said, the CAP's tied up there. Like if you're suddenly paying Jack boss Stock more than Isaiah Tower, you're gonna have a problem on your hands. For me, I'm not sure if you wouldn't, that's not gonna happen. We what do you reckon? Bosstock gets in the open market. It comes in at seven that's getting close to what is he I was going to get more than seven hundred thousand, But that's not what I'm saying. What he's on. If you're paying coming off notun till the end of twenty eight, you're paying Bosstoc from twenty eight. So I'm saying you're going to need to upgrade Isaiah Tower. You're going to extend him out. You're to not just extend him. You're gonna have to upgrade and extend him.
Speaker 2: You must have to do that first.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, this is a this is a really even another great dilemma. Here's the thing. If you're easy Gato, and you're right the Dolphins need to extend him. But if I'm easy KATOA, why am I rushing to resign? If half my gun team are off contract and two sorry one to three may drop out.
Speaker 1: Because they may offer him so much money, Dave that they should. Really you're smart, like he's the corner stone of that football club. He's the future of that footy club. They're smart, they're gonna I'd be a bit lock you're saying, I'd be talking to easy Gato and now about extension. I'll be giving him a mots are in twenty eight when he's on contract and it goes up from there. But he's a one and a half million dollar playoff. He's on the open market, don't you think under the new cap. Again, we always talk about the new cap, right, and there was sixteen million dollar cap. He's at least one and a half million dollars. He's nowhere near that right at the moment in twenty eight is mindustin. So that makes it even more difficult, right, You're right, they've got some immense challenges on there.
Speaker 2: It basically means they need to win the comp this year.
Speaker 3: That's a really good point, Mick. Yeah, you're right, because the.
Speaker 2: They will I don't know have they'll be decimated, but they won't be as strong as they are right now in the next.
Speaker 1: I would say the one thing in their favor they Mick, is they are When we talk about development clubs and you're comparing the Penrith in Queensland, they are the Penriths of Queensland because around und their system just produces player after player after player. If you look at a lot of the junior rep sides up there, there's Dolphins players everywhere, right, so they are they are a great development club as well.
Speaker 2: References though, like to correct me if I'm wrong here, really because you obviously boil aw out like Penrith region, right, so they have all the junior clubs. Find Redcliffe is just a junior club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, there is a there's a touch of the regions about it. They make it's a pretty big area. Yeah, and so do you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? Penwth have a whole district, the whole region where fundamentally it doesn't matter like Redcliffe is one club. So it's yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: Junior club sitting under the Morton Bay umbrella. Though, yeah, I don't know is that how it works?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 3: Just quickly, our colleague, our great mate Pete Bedell sneaky p. I nearly choked on my weeetbix this morning.
Speaker 1: What's he done today?
Speaker 3: Because he's reporting that Selwyn cold. We'll be asking in and around eight hundred thousand. Now here's a tip for the Dolphins. If you want to keep all these players, don't be signing sell one for eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon he's worth?
Speaker 3: Oh, i'd forgive.
Speaker 2: Him what positions? What positions you're playing?
Speaker 3: We give him five or six? Six for the ratchet, No ratchet, No, No, he's a super talent. He's a winger.
Speaker 1: Just about would have won Wally Leawis Medal Queens and won of the Origin Queens.
Speaker 2: Been the ratchet. But eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Six for the ratchets probably gonna end up eight hundred.
Speaker 2: If you're giving him, if you're giving him Sarting points eight hundred, what are you giving the other blokes?
Speaker 1: Well, it's got to be eight hundred. No ratchet eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Pulled my money and end up I pull my money into a young gun kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, away, there's all the advice for the Dolphins they need.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: We've helped you, We've helped you out everyone else.
Speaker 3: You spoke about the Battle of Brisbane, Ready, and this is the game this weekend. Finn's very bronx uh broncos I've got concerns over the Broncos. No, no, no, they don't win another game.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, draw they don't win another game.
Speaker 2: They'll win another game. I actually haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: The Feelers win another game.
Speaker 1: The bomber will lose his marbles.
Speaker 3: He already has.
Speaker 2: He might find his marbles.
Speaker 3: With me.
Speaker 1: They'll win another game. They might even win this one. They'll be up for this game. Is that because they'll be for it's the local derby?
Speaker 3: You just to anticipate they'll be up for it. Shouldn't they have been up last week?
Speaker 1: There's something there's something special about.
Speaker 2: This derby though, So this is their run home. Dave could be onto somebody Dolphins and they play the Warriors Raiders away, they play the Storm They probably should be the Storm, but Harry, that's in Brisbane and then the Bulldogs away tough running.
Speaker 3: Do you want to ress game? Which one? Which game?
Speaker 1: Tipping them this week?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I think they'll get up to this game. Why enjoy tip them every week?
Speaker 3: But anyway, my concern is that those those those niggling injuries players start the game, get them sorted now, and we hear discussions about what brendan they know use in playing anymore this season resting.
Speaker 1: There's got to be concerns Adam Reynolds obviously. Yeah, well Reynolds is not didn't get named.
Speaker 2: Tom duff gets. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Tom Duffy plays and plays well. That's going to be the interesting conundrum for Michael McGuire next week.
Speaker 1: You've got to show Rentalds.
Speaker 3: Okay, how are you tipping the Broncos here?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just think they'll be up for this game. It's not a bad team, Dave, A good team.
Speaker 2: It's been pretty much that question, Dave.
Speaker 3: It's pretty much the same team we've seen all season that's only won six games and he's the lowest ranked premiership team since nineteen fifty three.
Speaker 1: I'd appreciate. I appreciate your concerns.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about the premiership winner for the Dolphins, but you're tipping in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so be it.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear, Dolphins.
Speaker 3: In the it'll be it'll be a contest. Finns will win my twenty.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see how we go next week. I have that conversation Blue.
Speaker 3: And Gold fans guys that they're just they're desperate for some clarity about where this where their club's going forward. We know Jerome lu Wise on the way, and then they're dealing with headlines in around Dylan Walker. This week I've seen some pop up about Nathan Brown, the assistant coach. Mick cut through the crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's put a couple of things to bed. Nathan Brown contracted next year, not going anywhere as a Jason Rowle's assistant coach. The other one has been these rumors around Dylan Walker and some off field incident. I've spoken to parramatunt officials I don't know all times in the last twenty four hours. It's absolute rubbish. There is nothing doing with Dylan Walker from an off field point of view. The reason he's not playing this weekend his body is a bit banged up. He probably hasn't performed as well as they would have liked the last couple of weeks, so they're going to it's dead st arresting right. It's to get his body right so he can He's obviously off to the Super League next year and finished the last month of the season strong, so he's been rested. He's been carrying a couple of Neigland injuries. He won't play. But it's got nothing to do with all these internet rumors and stuff like that. Dylan Walker will be right to play next week. Ryan Madison, Oh right, Madison. Ryan Madison hasn't been I don't think. I can't remember last time he walked through the doors of Kellyville.
Speaker 1: He's living his best life.
Speaker 3: He's still being paid by the class. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I can't remember has he been Has he been there this year? I don't even know if he's been there this year, Like I think he spent some time in the preseason there.
Speaker 3: But how is this happening?
Speaker 2: He's been as ready he said, he said he's had symptoms. Don't clubs resolve that the resolution is him.
Speaker 1: And he retires at the end of the day, but.
Speaker 3: Not pay his full salary. Maybe a bit of a golden heat retirement.
Speaker 2: Well it's not even so, it's he gets his full start, but they don't get cap dispensation for it.
Speaker 1: We need to check that.
Speaker 2: I think they do, because I think the cap dispensation is for the following year. Commtion.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. Like we don't want to I don't want to kick Ryan Madison is down, But did say it's getting paid have a holiday at the moment in Italy.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't look like he's down.
Speaker 1: I'd love to be like walking around. Look, he's the king of the walk. It's insane he does.
Speaker 2: Look he has said right, so I can't question what's going on in his mind. And probably more from a club management, the club's and the right thing by getting him out the door that they're never going to play first grade. He was never going to play first grade again, like just having him around was not the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: So I just think this. I'm not please. I'm not criticizing Paramotter in this because I'm with you. I think they've handled it the right way, Mick. But it just looks like Ryan's taking the mickey. But that's all that's what And I'm sure right Ryan's had head knocks. We know that it's been well documented. But I would have managine if you're a Paramatta fan, as happy as you are to see him out the door, there's a little bit of the grades youth, a bloke who's still in your payroll and.
Speaker 5: Well highly Cliff Cliffs in Italy in the Melfy Coast said on the on the club's payroll and since we.
Speaker 2: Just loving life, what would you want him to be doing?
Speaker 3: Though I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not about that. I don't know like what I get it, but like a terrible resigning. You know, it hasn't worked out for him, obviously there was want.
Speaker 1: He's been quite smart, but looks for it because he's done alliances with a lot of big profile brands. He's probably getting the trip for free the way from from what it looks like, he's been very smart in his retirement. If he's had concussions problems, that's the effect he's thinking because been quite smart with the ways gone about post career.
Speaker 3: Nathan Brown would be a good chat trying.
Speaker 1: An interview with you tried I tried Bush Right. If you're out there, buddy, let's.
Speaker 3: Chat Nathan Brown, Dylan Walker. These murmurs rooms. He's byproduct of a club that's struggling.
Speaker 2: Not really, it seems like it's coming from a podcast that's got isn't a vendetta against the club?
Speaker 1: The Diylanwalk one is ridiculous, right, I mean that came from a post and a post from look we know it came from a random post apparently about an NRROL player who had been stood down for off field discipline. Right, and then that got tied to Dylan because look, Dylan's had a checker passes. He's been great for the last four or five years whatever. Right. But you know it was a pretty irresponsible post to start with the original post, because you can't post stuff like that without pointing the finger at players. Right, Yeah, the post was irresponsible to begin with. If you're going to put a post like that that that up, have the gumption to name the person, but don't do it. And PARAMOUNTA and Dylan now find themselves defeating themselves against rubbish.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen Junior Barlow announced at Perth. What's doing there?
Speaker 2: Just the one to formalize that offer to Junior to been back and forth arguing around numbers and you know what we do know it's going to be a two year deal on significant, significant money and paramatter two things. One won't go a second year as yet and won't go anywhere near the money. So I don't know how you knock it back if you're Junior, I just don't know how you knock a back.
Speaker 3: They did name announce Morgan Smith.
Speaker 2: Morgan Smith is two years with a three year option, three years with a two year option, so potential.
Speaker 1: He's good signing.
Speaker 3: I think maybe not a good play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, Well, they have to paid him, but five years.
Speaker 2: It's two year option in his favor, so it's a five year deal.
Speaker 1: Twenty five. What's the problem with five years at twenty five?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I'm offering Morgan smith Is five years, three years, good player, good sign.
Speaker 1: I think good sign.
Speaker 2: He's a good sign in three years, even if they had to pay him a little bit much to get him there, no issue.
Speaker 3: He'lls play the bunnies. He'lls play the bunny Saturday night. This is this is just a must win for South.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been disappointed in.
Speaker 2: In the way Parama.
Speaker 3: I know they've got reies. I'll get it. Bunnies fans that they've had to play players in different positions and it's been all hands on deck.
Speaker 1: They're pretty good this week though, the most.
Speaker 2: They got to win. They have to win. They're gonta put in a good performance because Paramount were I know they won, but yuck last week and then and then.
Speaker 3: They were using Dufty and fullback Gye Graund the centers and White in the back row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when they came when after the after Jack came on for the h I A they put off for the HI they put dry gray and then they moved wide into the background. And that's twofold one that they'd already burned in a change on dry and the fact that they just the injuries right there was there was no you and aching again last week as well, no talas Duncan so Ken was playing on an edge, so they were a little bit all over the shop. But yeah, I don't know if that's the sign of things to come.
Speaker 1: They should win with all those bodies we have.
Speaker 2: To as Dave said, have tons is still out. But for feed up, yeah, they should win.
Speaker 1: You know what they should win?
Speaker 3: Well, we're we're all on the bunnies there surely, Yeah, yeah, bunnies. This is sensational Friday night fellas.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say it too early because I really want to say it that September is in the air, but it's not. It's too early anyway. I can't wait to say that. Because the Warriors play the Panthers, Huge game, Risters Bulldogs the eight o'clock kickoff on Friday Night, Huge.
Speaker 1: Game, mate's so good.
Speaker 3: What a Friday night? You know what Warriors? Instead of dinner tonight? What what dinner would you go with for this Friday Night's Augas Board of Rugby League.
Speaker 2: I'm on the radio, so.
Speaker 3: What do you get on the radio? Take the listeners behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: I'm in the studio.
Speaker 3: So I've noticed you don't eat too much press box food.
Speaker 1: Not too now you know, I've got a long standing band on party pips and sausage rolls. It's been a long time season for fifteen years probably.
Speaker 2: He talks through what happened as we're walking in today.
Speaker 1: In the office. Why you want to laugh at me or something? Yes? Okay, so I tore my car for football football week and a half ago. Actually it was two weeks ago. So I toured my calf second time this year. I've torn it. Anyway, I'm slowly getting it better. I tripped on the stairs coming in and aggravated it. Anyway, these blokes, that's what's that got to do with pen Warriors? Though? Whatever game we're talking.
Speaker 3: About, okay, we'll get really quickly.
Speaker 1: I'm out in My season's over. I'm glad you find that in music?
Speaker 3: What were you what are you cooking? Friday?
Speaker 1: Not for these Well, I'm a bit like Mick Friday, and not to coach my son's soccer team. Don't get handled about nine o'clock. Generally generally have pizza. Pepperoni is my go to pepperini. Pepperoni.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I really miss when we go to Vegas. They do a great pepperoni pizza in Vegae. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I can't play.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I haven't found one. There's one out?
Speaker 2: Is that what they say?
Speaker 1: Put a comment let us know. Anyway, they are great games to go to block.
Speaker 3: A bocker down in carrying, But.
Speaker 1: Across the bridge.
Speaker 2: Warriors Penrith anyway, big game.
Speaker 1: Still Lan Edwards across the ditch, on the other hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still no Dialan Edwards for Penrith. A little bit surprising. I thought he would have been back by now. There's a tip around tain tool. Pickie could come into this Warriors line up.
Speaker 2: Late wild that push chance to the centers or out they're senate. That's the concern for mine is the Warrior's center pair and they.
Speaker 3: Just lequ the wrecker. Yeah, lequers a baccar isn't he but.
Speaker 2: They're putting him there because of the necessity of how poorly they're like, it's there when the only weakness when you sit down and you watch the Warriors is their centers. So but I'm tipping them, no Dealan Edwards n Midge Kenny. Warriors can win.
Speaker 1: I re compend with them. Like a statement.
Speaker 2: He tipped the Warriors.
Speaker 3: How many statements the need to make the Warriors tipped.
Speaker 2: The Warriors in front of me last night? Who's playing?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: So this is our weekly ritual with the tips. We're in three sixty where he's like, oh, forgot my tips again? Can you read the games out for me? So I read the games right, and you generally start when you read the tips out? Who do you generally start with every time? Who's the home team? Like the team I'm reading out first? Man?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Warriors?
Speaker 3: But he's running.
Speaker 2: Clad.
Speaker 3: Do not worry about your tip.
Speaker 2: You tip the Warriors, right?
Speaker 3: I think it's the real you did really important game for the whil don't make a statement someone helping Ageah, how many statements do you need penwit to make?
Speaker 2: You're going to make a statement.
Speaker 3: You need to make a statement.
Speaker 1: Okay, Warriors, probably this, I give up. What do you think? Are you tipping the Warriors?
Speaker 2: No one knows who you're tipping.
Speaker 3: Can we move to the Roosters and Bulldogs?
Speaker 1: Well, I like this game. I'm excited about that you tipped. Ah, No, I think I tipped the dogs. Maybe No, I tip the Roosters. I the rooster. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're still waiting on the fit Dogs win.
Speaker 1: This game would not surprise me at all.
Speaker 3: We're waiting for a cute the doggies. Okay, let me say this. Roosters played Penwouth the following week. Do you think the Roosters will have one eye on the Penwouth game? If they do, they lose because you know, Robbo wants to beat the Ivan. That record is not great.
Speaker 1: No, it's not great.
Speaker 2: The only way that you'd suggest that is if James is fifty or and that an't. But even if James, it doesn't matter who they're playing. James Tosko was fifty to fifty this age of d you're not playing it. Even if he's sixty fifty. I'm saying, if they feel like he's sixty forty, I'm still not playing him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't think they have an iron next week.
Speaker 1: I reckon the Dogs might get away. I just got a feeling about this now.
Speaker 3: To be up for feeling about Beneur coming back in is huge.
Speaker 1: And I reckon those edgeback rollers there's kick out and Preston going at Sammy and DC. I reckon they have I have some joy. Yeah, I think they get it right. The Dogs, they can. We've seen. We saw the way they played against penrith Ealier this year. When they get it right, they're a very very hard team to be and Steve crist is killing it in the halves. Yeah, you know what, I'm changing my mind. I'm going the door talk myself into the Dogs. They have teddies out. That's huge.
Speaker 3: The rooster is a bit lighty, like just inconsistent.
Speaker 2: They're they're yes, they're flighty, but they're fly So this is their their floor, their ceiling tear right with most clubs are there still so they're they're bare, they're worse or their average performance is still fast appear than a lot of the competition.
Speaker 3: You see what Cam Smith said earlier in the week about the tries and they scored against the Cowboys. He made the point that they didn't have to work for them. They were just forty to fifty out tries. It wasn't it was it was. It was they didn't have to get down deep into the twenty and work away and pressure.
Speaker 2: And I watched that over if we watched that game and I left that go on more so how bad the Cowboys were rather than how dynamite the Rooss were.
Speaker 1: But you know, it was critical of the Rooster as anyone the last couple of years. I did say it this year, what do they have to do to make people believers? They won fourteen games, are running second? Put eighty points on the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I believe them.
Speaker 1: I don't forget about my mind. I don't think they're that flighty anymore. I actually think when you win fourteen games, you're not that flighty in this cop.
Speaker 2: I understand Dave's flighty reference, right, But I'm saying what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying that's not flating this though.
Speaker 3: Because I was in Newcastle.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: I was in Newcastle where DC had to win it with a field goal.
Speaker 1: Yep, Newcastle Tea.
Speaker 3: No, not that night. They lost Dylan Brown, They lost Dylan Luke in game they had Thomas Can't playing dummy half and yes, no, I was not being disrespectful to the Knights. They are resilient this year, but I'm sorry the Roosters should have just plowed through them. And it was a Teddy show. Teddy was the under ten give the board to the Desko how easy he scored three tries And that's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: I would say the only thing for me with the Ruster is they need to beat Penrith. They show to my point, well, no, because Penrith.
Speaker 3: Of the They've got them the following week.
Speaker 1: I know Penrith the high benchmark for everyone, right, but you're right about Robbo's record against Ivan it's not great. I think it's one in one in fifteen or something ridiculous that right, So and Penrith flogged them around was it round one early in the year? Remember the absolutely put the cleaners fro them like Wallopton. It was wasn't even a contest. So I think they've got to show they can do it against Penrith. That's the only thing for me. I think they've shown they can beat everyone else. Can they be Penrith? That's the question.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 1: Brent, thank you. That's why I asked it. We asked the big questions on this show to what we do. Is it round one? It was very early in round three though Round three forty four was That was a blood bath that game. So I'm tipping rooster. Well, I just talk myself back to the roosters, didn't I did not play Russell? Can I want to take? I don't know, So you dippy, I don't know, man, I don't know. I think I've talked myself back to the roosters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm okays for me. I love a local derby. Please be a sunny Sunday afternoon at Congra. You love a local because and I was going to win what I give This will be a good game. Saints were Saints were in this contest earlier this season at half time, and they're a better.
Speaker 2: Team now and was a much better than they were.
Speaker 3: That's a fair point. I just think it'll be a good game. Or do you think Sharks will win? By twenty I'm loving what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying from twenty.
Speaker 3: Thirty.
Speaker 2: Potentially, I'm loving what I'm saying by Cranella. I really do like I've never thought in the last four or five years, they could win the camp. I just know you have I didn't.
Speaker 3: They can do it, but no, I know that you're not a believe. You haven't been a believe.
Speaker 2: I'm believed that I am this year. I am. There's a there's a different, genuine difference. There's a difference in their confidence. There just the way they're playing at the moment. They've got this. I don't know they just for me. There's a different feel around, a different look around Cronulla. I generally think they. I don't think you're talking will Brisbane win another game this year. I don't Thinkna will lose another regular season game before the finals. I'm loving what I'm saying from him.
Speaker 3: I think what you're saying comes from a place of fittis. He's continually rotating the pack, right, so afb is starting off the bench, Hazelton's starting off the bench. Yet you know they're both named to start, but they start from the bench. Calhoun starts and there's this rotation and no one takes the foot off the gas. It's just like a continual wave of momentum with the pack. Billy Burns has been a revelation like what.
Speaker 2: I've said this about Kronola's roster for a while now, that number one to twenty, if you sat down and you ranked them, would probably be the second. Like in terms of every player in that side, there's very few fives out of ten's right, they've got a very consistent one to twenty and we're seen.
Speaker 3: What you're saying is they play seven out of ten each week.
Speaker 2: Generally speaking, right, But now what we're seeing is Will Kennedy has been amazing this Greer. I've been like critical of Kennedy, wondering if he could have an extra gear. He's found that extra gear and what he's done is he's their most consistent player in their spine. Blake Bradley, sorry, he's been the most consistent out of the one, six, seven, right where Brandon Trindle has given you some nine, given you a couple, but Nico again has found this running game and freedom. I'm really enjoying what I'm saying from CRONI.
Speaker 3: I had a quick squeeze at the Dali m points before it went close behind closed doors. This week, Brandon Trindle is going to go very very close to winning the dam. He's been so good. Who was leading it through consistency of points.
Speaker 1: Nathan hard to talk.
Speaker 3: It'll we are to.
Speaker 1: Catch with you. I think Carna and the Ruses and the Warriors are basically on that second rung. Henris obviously light years a distance ahead of everyone else. Then you've got these three teams I reckon on that second rung. Who could all give it a shake come September. If things go their.
Speaker 2: Way, like don't lose a game, they don't have to play Penrith probably, and they don't have to travel to New Zealand.
Speaker 1: I can see the story now that dump.
Speaker 2: They won't be able to play.
Speaker 1: They won't be allowed, nor should they. I'm sorry Dino and Steve Base, but honestly, you can't have if they finished top four, if they finished second or the third, get a home final first or second, get a home final second week. By the way, they're going to get a home well, second weeks. Forget about it. First week though, that ground should not host a home final.
Speaker 3: What if they play the Dolphins or Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Don't care, I don't care. You've got to have standards, Dave, understand your standards in life, let alone football.
Speaker 3: What's your standards?
Speaker 1: It's pretty low. It's too crippled ocean state very low. You can't look seriously, we're.
Speaker 3: My concern is you play an interstate team and you get the same crowd you would get at Allians or Komback.
Speaker 1: You get more, you get more.
Speaker 3: You play out statistically and historically that they don't, but.
Speaker 1: You think they should. You think that ground should host the home final if if you're impartial, take your sharky hat off for your pomp poms thinking up up dead said, do you think they should at home?
Speaker 3: For they've got If that's the rules, they should be able to play there against the interstate team.
Speaker 1: The rules, you're going to have minimum tell you where it's going to get interesting.
Speaker 2: They should have played an NRL game there.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what will get interesting if it's the Roosters, because then you've got a great story.
Speaker 1: We don't play with Alliance.
Speaker 2: Wow, you don't play it at Alians, no way. Where do you play it combats?
Speaker 3: So you take Now you're taking it even further away from both supporter bases. It's going to be for I know the Sharks. The Sharks if.
Speaker 1: They're supporters, get in your car and drive the half hour.
Speaker 2: If you're a feed you can leave the Shark.
Speaker 3: If you're legs, you haven't driven from the show to Colm make in a while? Half an hour? What are you? What speed are you doing in the tes.
Speaker 1: Drove over the hour? That's better and go watch your team play. If you're a legitimate fan, you're drive an hour a big game, like it's not too bad.
Speaker 3: You can play it home Bush against Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: Said, I mean, seriously want to play that? You want to play? It should protect it's anyway. Don't get me started on the stadium gets me too much.
Speaker 3: But well, here we are at Coger on Sunday. Yep, are you gonna be there?
Speaker 2: I'm not working. It's my Yeah, my daughter's birthday on Friday. Well this week I'm thinking taking it to a first game of foot You on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'll get you.
Speaker 2: She shan't be wearing a Sharks jersey. Get it from fourth. You might want it at full time, but I'm like, no, you can join the misery.
Speaker 1: You should put her on the cage. The cage I might know.
Speaker 3: Does Nicko break the record? Fellas? How many four conversions?
Speaker 1: What's a secret behind his dy Halligan?
Speaker 3: He's actually been working with him for a while.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even look like missing. No, doesn't even look like.
Speaker 3: A confidence thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a reflection of the way he's playing.
Speaker 1: He's playing so good.
Speaker 3: It is a reflection that's he's going better than.
Speaker 1: He's He sees everything, does he knows everything, and he doesn't like the criticism. But you don't.
Speaker 2: What can he be critical of the way?
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying no one, no one has been critical and orders he warned it. He's been unbelievable.
Speaker 3: He's going better than he's killing it.
Speaker 1: Man play. A lot of people when he moved to fullback one of them. I never like a lot of people have talked about moving into Foo.
Speaker 3: There's been that discussion.
Speaker 1: I think he silenced all that.
Speaker 3: Saints fellas a couple of good re signings in the last week or so, The Couchman Boys, Big Loco, Junior Pacifica. That's Ale who who Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the day for He.
Speaker 2: Looks like him but doesn't play like him.
Speaker 1: It looks a clone. Is someone something looks.
Speaker 3: Like You're happy, Mick? Yeah, they that recruitment drive.
Speaker 2: I can't knock what they're doing at all in terms of what they're building for the future. They've got all these young forwards now locked in long term. Keon added to the mix, they've done an amazing job to turn around where they've been at for the last few years. And you know you got the pressure.
Speaker 3: I need to have a think. I'm getting this question asked this topical. I can't settle just yet, Fellows.
Speaker 2: I can just do what I haven't said on it. I just said this time next year they'll be in top eight contentionent.
Speaker 3: I just can't. I'm really like, it's a great recruitment drive, but I just can't you disagree with what that. I just can't see a world where it clicks so quickly.
Speaker 1: But my point, that's my point.
Speaker 2: If they're not in top eight contention this time next year, it's a failure. Sugar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, are you talking?
Speaker 2: But there's heaps of teams out of contention right now.
Speaker 1: That annoys me. Are you talking mathematical contention or realistic content?
Speaker 2: You and your mathematic you were talking about Brisbane being a mathematical chance last week.
Speaker 3: Are you t Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I I do think that finished lower than tenth because I've said I think there's teams currently above them who aren't the eight who got better rosters than them.
Speaker 2: Even with the recruitment.
Speaker 1: Mathematic camp has got a better roster than them. Melbourn's got a better roster than them.
Speaker 3: Mike, that's my problem.
Speaker 2: Get your mathematics. There's ten teams at the moment two days point still in top eight content. Okay, that's where I think they'll be this time.
Speaker 1: Weish have a little side major they'll.
Speaker 2: Be in tenth this time next year.
Speaker 3: Sure, it just takes a lot.
Speaker 1: It's like that time I said the Tigers to be top fourteen or something.
Speaker 2: They take the top twelve, didn't take it.
Speaker 3: It just takes you know, it takes a lot for a group to connect. There's a lot of moving parts coming.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they're a top four side, like it's I'm not really setting lofty expectations of them, but to be in tenth this time.
Speaker 3: Net him, what's it is? He's got them in the finals.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they should be aiming for, corses, every team should be. But yeah, I'm not sitting here saying they're a top four side or guaranteed top eight. I'm just saying that this time next year we should be talking about like they're, you know, fighting for a top eight spot Sharks on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, easy, yeah tonight.
Speaker 3: It's game. Interesting game from a Cowboys perspective on how they bounce back. Really love Josh Hanne's comments yesterday in relation to them their recruitment planning not buying over the top of young Zaane Harrison, who's currently out injured and gone for the rest of the season. Locke Ylyus comes in. We're anticipating a Cowboys bounce back or Titans side to.
Speaker 1: Rubbish last week they were great rubbish. I'm actually I think I tipped the Titans and.
Speaker 3: Let's meet you tipping. Saturday night storm seals ten monthster back for Melbourne.
Speaker 2: In Perth the Bears sorry apologies, we'll see the Bears jersey.
Speaker 3: We're anticipating to be the red and black.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's a replica Morsne dople Ganger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went Melbourne. I'm not looking what I see from like Melbourne. It went Dolphins v. Broncos. We've done that. We know we're tipping the Fins there, Yes, okay, Broncos. For Sunday, a raiders down and gets a tough, funny down to the nation's capital, Newcastle Outsiders with the Bookie.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 3: I believe it.
Speaker 2: I think we've underestimated Huts and young Nol Martin out for Canberra either side of the field. I didn't like what I saw from against Penrith.
Speaker 3: On that sweet play that he's going to you know, on the edges of the Raiders have some problems.
Speaker 1: KP.
Speaker 2: He's the Nights for Me, Nights for Me, Nights for Me, So.
Speaker 1: Clean sweep KP inspired Clean Sweep Boys.
Speaker 3: It's our favorite time of the week. It's BS Messages of the week time and we encourage you all out there. Hit us up, send us your BS message, something that's really got your peeve.
Speaker 1: Know what we should do on our insta before the show on the Wednesday before send remind me next week.
Speaker 3: Or you can go to code sports dot com dot AU, code sports dot com dot a U and leave a BS message for us to read out and get stuck into, like Zaye has from Brizzy Look Mickey's Man's but yes on the idea, there's no player revolt at the Broncos when Blugs are looking to leave. That tells you everything, he says. I think there's an element of truth there.
Speaker 2: Revolts probably.
Speaker 3: Zay's back on Revolt.
Speaker 2: There's probably an element of another Hay Noess.
Speaker 1: Revolts a bit, revolts over the top, zaying that same Jack, it's very fascinating, utilized hyperbolely like that big off season.
Speaker 2: Just a shout out to Johnnyibbs as well.
Speaker 3: We mentioned thinking of the Gibbs.
Speaker 2: Legend, an absolute legend.
Speaker 1: He's my favorite playground up Johnny Gibbs. I loved him. I was a manly fan. I love Johnny Gibbs.
Speaker 2: I never got I never got to That was before Britain in the comedy, Yes, before.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 2: I never got the same play. But he was a great on sports.
Speaker 3: That that's a good play Jace from Miranda. Good to hear someone from the show Jay Dragons hard done by all year. I've never seen a side get so many bad decisions by refs. Needs to be investigated. He says, sounds like Ben pretty that's been from, Sure, that's not been from That's you know, Jason, You've got a few.
Speaker 2: Can't say that.
Speaker 1: Betty we got.
Speaker 3: Benny is the media manager of the best and Georgie La La.
Speaker 1: Everyone's had some tough decisions. Come on, man, that's in my harsh call, but that doesn't cost some You do watch that.
Speaker 2: Warriors gameiculous had hard course they have had. They haven't had the rubber, but they'd probably still be sitting in the same sports exactly. But they've had tough cause against them, no doubt. But but Jase wants an investigation and they shan't be an investigation like tubes. Well, you can investigate ready or not. No, Ready's not investigating.
Speaker 3: Get your BS messages in.
Speaker 1: As thanks for the message.
Speaker 3: Code sports dot com dot code sports dot com dot au or hit us up on our Instagram, find us on instat search Ready, search me.
Speaker 1: You'll put a shout out out next week