Speaker 1: On scorn lives Austrodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panning Show. Coming up tonight, Coalition Climate wars on the horizon as Liberals off for Susan Lee as leader. Patrick Carline will be here to discuss the day's top headlines, including leftist feminist agitators Abby Chatfield and Clementine Ford turning on each other. Sippety Bastian will weigh in on the new liberal leader. Is she a genuine women's rights warrior or does she struggle to explain what a woman is? Kosher Gator will have the latest on the trade war between China and the US, and later in the hour they always droll Alex Stein on the Trump administration taking on big farmer and left. He's losing. It is a extra unhinged tonight. I can help me talk to somebody.
Speaker 4: He didn't you Entime tegal.
Speaker 3: Rules Today voted in Susan Lee as their new leader, opting for her over Angus Tail on a very slim margin of twenty nine to twenty five, which saw Jacenterprives decide not to run for deputy leadership. Are that left ted O'Brien to defeat Phil Thompson quite comfortably thirty eight to sixteen votes. Now on Susan Lee, we know she added an extra s to her name because of her belief in numerology. She has also done some massive backflips on a range of issues, from Israel to the Voice referendum. On Israel, she is a bit of a late convert. She labeled Foreign Minister Pennywonk's criticism of the only Jewish state disgraceful. Recently, but earlier in her political career she took a different approach. In twenty eleven, she voted for Palestinian statehood, saying a secure Israel demands a Bible Palestinian state. The occupation's daily toll checkpoints, permits, lockdowns, home detention, settlement expansion is exhausting the Palestinian people and are undermining hopes for peace. And in two thousand and eight, she said during Israel's sixtieth and adversary in Parliament that Gaza is besieged, contained on the brink of starvation. She said, while we celebrate Israel's remarkable achievements, the Palestinian people must not be airbrushed out of existence. On the Crucial Voice referendum. She was initially in favor before the backflip to the No side, and only last year she was promoting the deeply flawed activist gender wage gap report.
Speaker 5: I'm pleased to see the scrutiny that is being applied today with the release of this data to organizations in Australia.
Speaker 3: My message to corporate Australia is it's not.
Speaker 5: Good enough to have a morning tea and cupcakes and pink icing.
Speaker 3: Now let's bring in a senior News Corp writer, Patrick Carly for his take on this issue. How do you see at Patrick? The choice was between Angus Taylor Susan Lee. Is this the rebirth of the Liberal Party?
Speaker 6: Well, we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 7: Reeza.
Speaker 6: Look, she's got the hardest job in politics at the moment. She's going to seek to unite a party that managed to alienate so many different parts of the community only a couple of weeks ago with the election. The Liberal Party doesn't know what it is, what it's trying to be, and what it wants to be. And this this rebuild, if you want to call it, that is going to take months, if not years. She's going to be in charge. She's traditionally a moderate. You talk about backflipping, but the party managed to put off so many sections of the community. What she has to try and do is sort of present a party that listens to Australia and actually is aware of what strands care about in a way that it plainly did not coming into twenty twenty five. She's got a really tough.
Speaker 3: Job, she certainly does. And that job may be even tougher if the moderate Susan Lee as Liberal leader sees a split with the National Coalition because the issue of energy is going to be crucial. If the National Party walk away from their net zero commitments, that is going to be quite a rift in the coalition. Certainly, if Matt Canavan was elevated to leader, that would be happening. But even David a little Proud has indicated that he is not interested in this renewables only position. He just does not see it as sustainable and it's not going to power Australia.
Speaker 6: Look, I think the timeline this is probably helpful for somebody Susan Lee in this position. In the net zero twenty fifty question has sort of got muddled in the last few years by rising power prices and by growing recognition. I think that the renewables dream is unachievable without fossil fuels. And I mean, you've got all these sort of arguments going on about gas and whether we should be using more gas because it shut down on more coal power stations sooner, and you've got all these little arguments with their arguments. I don't think the twenty fifty question is sort of front of center for a lot of Australians at the moment.
Speaker 3: It isn't. But we are going to see labor be even bolder in their emission targets. There's a huge push from within labor, the very powerful climate lobby groups within Labor are wanting to see them take a bolder position really utilize this enormous election landslide. Can energy be the debate point between the two parties? Because we had just an election where many people wondered what the difference was between the two parties. Could it be energy?
Speaker 6: Look Ted O'Brien, who is Susan Lee's deputy, he was the nuclear guy for the party.
Speaker 3: He had listed a word about nuclear throughout the campaign that was so.
Speaker 6: Terrified it fell apart. That whole sort of notion of nuclear as an alternative really did fall by the wayside, didn't it. Throughout? Look, I think power bills are the big question here. Are they going to keep going up? Is it going to be because of renewable energy targets that are unachievable. Look, the hip pocket drives a lot more in terms of a voter sentiment than does saving the world. The abstraction of saving the world, I think, and certain those power prices really hurting people. I think how those come down will have a huge bearing on targets and thoughts.
Speaker 3: But that argument really probably because we don't have a coalition government that is strong enough to make these arguments. And I've argued if they actually went to the election campaign made it a referendum about energy policy, they would have done a lot better. But if people aren't connecting the spend on renewables with the increase in their energy bills, because they keep hearing this nonsense about renewables are the cheapest form of energy, so many think if you invest more in renewables, your bills would be lower, despite the experience. Now today, the new Labor Ministry was officially sworn into office and Anthony Albernizi has demoted factional rival Tania Plyversex, sending her down the ladder from Environment Minister to Social Services Minister. He promoted a close ally Senator Murray Watt tox former position in order to finalize Labour's so called nature positive reforms. And we've also got a decision on the thirty four billion dollar Northwest Shelf gas project happening. Patrick, what do you make of this cabinet? It looks strong. It's people who are experienced. He's got a lot of people very loyal to him. It seems like it's going to be a very disciplined outfit.
Speaker 6: Look, Murray, well it's got some challenges walking into that environment role. He's going to make a decision on the Northwest Shelf, I think in the next few weeks, and that's a massive one. Whatever he decides on that, and whatever government goes with is going to upset a lot of people because it is so pitched that battle. Look, it's not surprising that Tanya Plupisek is one of the big losers, if you like, of the election.
Speaker 3: In an internal sense.
Speaker 6: She's been demoted and I think look Elbow at the moment is in a position where he can promote and demote as he sees fit. He has such a mandate given the election result, it'll be interesting to see how those ministers go. But it was all about factional wrangling and all the rest, which I find it's not necessarily merit based, which I find disappointing. I mean, these people are very important that you should have the best person in each of the best jobs.
Speaker 3: Well, talking about merit, there's now talk of quotas being introduced for the Liberals. Certainly Susan Lee in the past has promoted quotas gendots. It's funny to be Patrick, we never talk about other quotas. If you really want to have a parliament that's representative of the community, you can't just stop a gender quotas. You would have to have all sorts of other categories. And we've got what one point four million Chinese Australians. They're certainly not reflected in the Parliament and every other innicity and minority group.
Speaker 6: Look, I think the Liberals have a massive issue with women at the moment, putting aside quotas. I don't know any woman under the age of forty who voted Liberal to be honest, they did not appeal on any level. That is a big problem for the Liberal Party.
Speaker 3: So I was electing through a quotus is no females going.
Speaker 6: I don't think quotas are the way to go, but it did not feel like a party that represented women's best interests, especially with the work from home staff. Early on in that campaign they alienated working mums, working women in a way that really cost them deeply. So I don't think quotas are the answer. I agree with you on that, but they do need to be seen to be making moves towards appealing to women.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think women will gravitate towards strong policies like men do. Maybe not in the same numbers of men, but he actually give them something they vote for. As we saw with the Voice, they will back you. Now let's go to the UK briefly, where Labor Party there has done a massive u turn on a number of issues, including the country's open borders approach. It seems that the threat from Nigel Faraja's Reform Party has British Prime Minister Keir Starma talking like Donald Trump. Look at what he posted on XCA. He said, if you want to live in the UK, you should speak English. That's common sense. So he's insisting on raising English language requirements and he also posted this. He said, the Tories lost control of our borders and let net migrations saw to record levels, undercutting hard working Brits. I won't stand for it. I promised to restore control and cut migration and I'm delivering with tough new measures British workers. I've got your back. Patrick. This is quite astonishing. You got the labor leader in the UK, someone who was seen as far left by many. He seems to be more conservative, more right wing than the Liberal leader in Australia right now.
Speaker 6: Look as he was posting those I think the Sun newspaper in London was reporting that five hundred people had crossed the English Channel that day, as he was actually talking tough. And I think there's been twelve thousand people crossing English Channel in small boats this year, landing in England seeking refuge and a new life. It's all everyone to talk tough, but it sounds very little too late, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: Really it.
Speaker 3: Does. And it's a matter of whether you actually think there's any substance behind that retrick, because you don't feel like labor actually believe any of this. Obviously, reform has brilliantly. They're doing amazingly in the polls. There was a recent local elections and by elections where they did very well, So I think this is a reaction to that. And isn't it funny that we were told that Trumpian politics turned off Australian voters when we had a very smaller liberal policy platform, and you've got Nigel Farage embracing Trumpian politics. I'm winning in the UK. Now before you go, I've got an example of the far left attacking itself from within, this time involving radical feminist influences Clementine Ford and Abby Chatfield, who have been attacking each other on social media since late last week. Over the weekend, it all got a bit too much for Abby Chatfield.
Speaker 2: Please stop dehumanizing me.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 8: You can criticize my content, you can criticize my work, just I'm begging you to stop lying about my intentions.
Speaker 2: I stop saying that I had a personality.
Speaker 7: You don't know me.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to stop now. The arouse stem from an article Ford wrote on her blog last week lashing Chatfield for profiting from the performance of being politically engaged and presenting herself as a voice of feminists and political authority. Called called a shallow and so she platformed genocide supporters. I think she's referring there to Abby Chatfield's interview with Anthony Alban. Easy Ford then took to other social media platforms to call Abby Chatfield fake as well as selfish and ego centric. Patrick, I'll be covering this in more detail. He left is losing it. But what do you make of this meltdown? You've got leftist feminist versus leftist feminist.
Speaker 6: Well, you've got grand standards colliding with grand standards, don't you. And I mean I think that language platforming genocide.
Speaker 3: Supporters to this hyperbolic that sort of shows.
Speaker 6: You where this debate is taking place.
Speaker 9: It's all about.
Speaker 6: People who are Look, it's about they're playing the man, I would say, but that's not the right way putting it instead of playing the issues. Look, they're actually fighting each other. It's sort of entertaining and quite challenging for the rest of us. We look at this and what the hell are you talking?
Speaker 3: Well, those young female voters you were talking about, that's the primary audience. Here and if that's the sort of politics they're being fed you can kind of understand their voting passions at Patrick Carline, Thanks for your time tonight. Joining me now is Women's Forum Australia's head of advocacy, Stephanie Bastian. Stephanie will start with Susan Lee, interested in your reaction to her being elevated at two Liberal leadership. She is the first woman to ever lead the Liberals, but she has a long history of either being on the fence or being on the wrong side of major debate when it comes to the gender issue. Is she an advocate for women's rights or has she been captured by the gender idea logues.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no indication that she's been captured by the gender idea logs. But having said that, she's been relatively silent.
Speaker 3: On the issues.
Speaker 1: She's made no moves to defend women's sex based rights on every front. She talks a lot about gender and equality in the workplace, but as far as women and their right to save sports and change rooms and domestic balance shelters, she's been relatively silent. I think it's really important that the Liberal Party doesn't go down the pathway of quotas. The problem with quotas is that it'll pre select the right type of woman. The people that are pushing for quotas have said very little about the women who are defending women's sex based rights, including the treatment of moiradeeming, cath thieves, and many others. So I hope that they avoid that minefield because I think it'll lead to the destruction of democracy in the Liberal Party.
Speaker 3: Or what would happen if we did have a Liberal party that was even more similar in its character and its policies to labor. Would that make them more electable? Are we really going to have the tyranny of group think?
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll make them electable at all.
Speaker 3: What will make them.
Speaker 1: Electable is having policies tackling difficult policies that the public want to vote for. This election was a referendum on the cost of living and the way that the debates went and where the chips fell as they decided that Albanezi with his five to eight grand cuts on hex debt and the tax of the tax cuts won the day. So I think that they actually need to put their heads together and come up with genuine policies. I mean Susan was the Deputy leader when they came out with the work from home policy.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't do anything to stop it.
Speaker 1: In fact, that policy was drafted by a former senior Cabinet minister, So having more women there isn't necessarily going to bring in more female voters.
Speaker 3: Or any voters across the board. You actually need good policy. Yep, it's all about the policies. Now. Let's talk about a case out of South Australia. Thirteen year old transgender student that is, a male who claims to be female has prompted outrage from parents at a private Catholic school in South Australia after breaking a number of records by huge margin Stephanie competing in the girls' events at recent sports competitions. What else can you tell me about this case?
Speaker 1: Well, this case has actually shed light on a range of very concerning issues about the policies from the Department of Education in South Australia and federally. More broadly, what's come to light is that they've said that education of rides the provisions in the Sex Discrimination Act to protect single sex sports, but under South Australian education policy that extends to change rooms and bathrooms. Now, this is a K to year twelve school, so there is the likelihood there is the risk that there will be situations where at all school events you'll have senior male men who are identifying as female students sharing change rooms and bathrooms with little prep girls. Certainly in a setting where it's K to year six in that primary campus, twelve year old boys in year six with preppees. There's a huge safeguarding issue here, and I think Peter mal Anawskis needs to come out and explain why this is happening and what they're going to do to address the issues of safety for these young children.
Speaker 3: And also there has to be some accountability because I hear from so many parents who've got similar issues, not just around sport, but just ale bodies in female spaces and all sorts of indoctrination that they see happening in their children's school, and they are reluctant to bringing it forward because they fear a backlash against their child or their family. They don't want to have that drama. And I think this is again an issue that so many parents are grappling with Stephanie, but very few want to make an official complaint because that comes with all sorts of consequences.
Speaker 1: It certainly does. But more and more are coming out. I've noticed since Caroline Marx's documentary on sport last year there has been an increase, whether it was netball in Victoria. Now the parents are pushing back. This trans student broke all the records last year and again this year and now they're speaking out. So there is certainly a move to speak out more. I'm also very encouraged that our newest female senator in South Australia, Layer b Life, put a press release out. She replaced Simon Birmingham when he retired last year, and she criticized the comments of the Education Minister in South Australia who defended the inclusion saying it was more about sport and the inclusion of individuals than anything else. And she said, well, what about the expense of you at the expense of the girls losing out here? And I'm paraphrasing her there. So I think that there is more and more people are going to talk back. I've had people reach out since I posted about it online from other schools, particularly Catholic schools where this is going on. So I think also the Education Office needs to start answering some questions about what they're allowing in their schools.
Speaker 3: Too surprising, it's happening at Catholic schools before you go. The BBC has released a new series called I Kissed a Boy, which is meant to be about two gay men, except the actor playing one of them is actually a transidentified female. The LGB Alliance UK has said that by doing this, they are telling young gay men watching the show that they must be attracted to women who are pretending to be male. That this is regressive, insulting and homophobic in the extreme. Steph, what's your reaction to that, because I do see this from many transactivists where they say, if you're a man and you're not attracted to a trans woman who is a man identifying as a woman, then well you're being bigoted. You're almost obliged to be attracted to somebody who's the opposite gender to who you would normally be attracted to.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's actually disturbing that the BBC are playing into this narrative that you are engaging in some sort of discrimination if you have a genital preference, which is what they call it. And I think it's quite dangerous and it sends a very bad message to young people who are working through themselves and sorting it out. They shouldn't have this extra layer of guilt, because Trans writes, activists want to be over the head and say you can't choose you know who you're attracted to.
Speaker 3: Stephanie Bastian, thank you so much for your time. Tonight still to come. A lefty is a losing it Plus a major development in the China US trade Wark Kosher Gator has the latest. You're watching the Reader Panny Show, and it's time for lefties losing it And let's check in with this charming lass. You know she doesn't have to declare her politics. You know precisely how she votes.
Speaker 1: I can help you talk to somebody he didn't you can?
Speaker 3: I please call you an ambulance. I do hope that is satire, but I think just another example of a lefty losing it. Now to the worst vice president we've had here is Kamala Harris being Kamala Harris.
Speaker 10: And I was just telling somebody recently who did not we perform free to be you and me? When I sang about my friend William who's five years old and wanted adult huggin hole.
Speaker 3: I can sing the whole thing. She always seems a little over refreshed, and we should know. Today is a special dates, the anniversary of this great speech. The iconic Coconut Tree speech was shared by Kamala with the world. It was a gift really two years ago. How time flies when you're unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 10: My mother used to she would give us a hard time sometimes and she would say to us, I don't know what's wrong with you, young people. You think you just fell out of a coconut tree. You exists in the context.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a delicious little clash. Here is Candice Owen's owning Jason Lee. Let's not complete it with being black. Otherwise you would have to defend well, there's no there's no defending crazy. That's crazy because she was a white woman that says she was black.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a man saying if you're gonna if you're gonna say that a man can just be a woman.
Speaker 3: Why can't reach dollars or just be black? You gotta be consistent because she's white. Okay, because it's a man.
Speaker 11: No, but.
Speaker 3: I get it. I'm right I'm right. No, I don't agree, and this is not a matter of right or wrong. But let me let me tell you why isn't Rachel dollars or black because she's a white woman. Okay, because it's a male or it's a female. You know, now, to some alsie lefty losing it actually evolving some looney left versus looney left hate and hyperbole. Yes, the feral left is turning on each other with Clementine Ford, who has in the past posted racial abuse about me and misogynistic abuse about other female conservatives. Kind of weird for a supposed women's rights campaign, I wouldn't you think. Well, she's now turned her attention on fellow far left feminist simpleton Abby Chatfield, who, when not promoting butt plugs, is slamming anything to the right of Joseph Stalin. Remember her very sane, very measured reaction when Donald Trump won in a landslide.
Speaker 2: If you're a woman in Australia and you think the US selection doesn't affect us, just know they now have permission to be outwardly sexist.
Speaker 12: And support a rapist.
Speaker 3: Just know that in your heart. No, but they now have permission.
Speaker 2: They now think they are the majority, and they're so uneducated that they think that because they're the majority, they are right. They now have permission to be racist, transfer they've mission to laugh about reproductive health and reproductive freedom.
Speaker 3: Well, if you can believe it, she's more unhinged now than back then because her fellow leftist feminist mad Greenie Clementine Ford has criticized her for being shallow and profiting from the performance of being politically engaged and presenting herself as a voice of feminist and political authority. That's a direct quote, strong words, and that had Abby in an almighty meltdown. This is worse than when Trump won.
Speaker 2: Stop lying about my character and my intentions. I get it enough from Please stop dehumanizing me.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 8: You can criticize my content, you can criticize my work, as I'm begging you to stop lying about my intentions.
Speaker 2: I stop saying that I had a person now disorder.
Speaker 3: You don't know me.
Speaker 2: This is so triggering. I just wanted to stop.
Speaker 3: Yes, no personality disorder there, and yes you must not dehumanize those you disagree with. Abby, What good advice if only you thought of that when you said conservative voters have no empathy and that it's a good thing that they're supposedly dying out.
Speaker 12: You spoke to Adam Bandt today on the radio show Thank You, Adam, loved you, love talking to you, And I really am thinking that or hoping that in the next like ten to fifteen years, as people who are voting for Liberal Party literally die out and also like metaphorically.
Speaker 3: Die out, literally die out, literally and metaphorically pretty dehumanizing, I would have thought. But let's get back to this left b left inspired meltdown, because of course you're the victims. The victim.
Speaker 2: Also, please, when I post about Palestine, stop using that as a reason to cretect me more and say that I'm performative or whatever. Please stop discouraging me from posting about Gaza.
Speaker 3: It isn't working.
Speaker 2: You're discouraging others, and you're encouraging trolling of me. Please, Like I, I'm just trying to do what I can to help.
Speaker 8: Like I just I don't understand why she's so out of it on proving that I'm awful.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Ah, this pity party did not stop there, and the heart of it is the accusation from Abby chat Phil that Clementine Ford is sending her leftist trolls after her. You know something leftists always do, but though they love to dish it out, they're not so good at taking it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm aware now of someone's spreading malicious lives about me again and again and again and again and again, because she claims to throw my intentions on everything, it's it's I'm scared of her. Please stop, Clementine. I am begging you to stop. You don't know me at all. You're a stranger. I deal with so much every single day.
Speaker 3: Oh love, you should see what a conservative woman with a platform deals with every single day, including from the likes of you and Clementine Ford and your ill informed hate field, hordes of lifting losers. We don't go crying about it. And I say this genuinely. If it's affecting your mental health, then turn off your phone, log off, go for a walk. Don't do this.
Speaker 2: I deal with insults every single day. I do not need it from you, because you know that when you say it, you validated people on the left, and you are encouraging control. You are risking my safety, and you are faking my mental health. Please stop.
Speaker 3: Yes, abuse from the left is another level avvy. But let's not pretend you're not doing to Clementine Ford precisely what she's done to you, and that is sending your ill informed, bio filled fans to troll her. Now, the fallout from Bernie Sanders disastrous interview with Fox News is Brett Bauer continues, you know the one where the global warming hysteric and socialists defended his use of private jets.
Speaker 11: The only way you can get around to talk to thirty thousand people. I think I'm going to be sitting on a wedding line at United waiting. You know what, thirty thousand people are waiting. That's the only way you can get around. No apologies for that. That's what campaign travel is about. We've done it in the past, We're going to do it in the future.
Speaker 3: Only problem is you're not in campaign mode. There's no election, Bernie, and you're not the leader of the Democrats or the candidate. You can line up and united with the rest of them, and you know you've gone and stuffed up when even CNN is mocking you tell me what the moment was in that answer that you thought, oh, this.
Speaker 13: Is going wrong. The United thing, you know, because we all like, you know, you're a man of the people. How dare I have to be with the people?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 13: That's what Look, it's a cheap question. It's a smart alecky question. So it wasn't a serious question.
Speaker 3: It was kind of trolley.
Speaker 13: But his answer was terrible, Like you can't defend this answer. Hey, buddy, we all have to stand in line.
Speaker 3: We all have to do this.
Speaker 13: Even if you have one key privileges, you're still standing in line.
Speaker 3: You still have to do this. You got to go through security. Definitely came across as like I'm not going to see Oh, Chuck Todd. He can't help himself. He has to be a clown. How was that a trolley question? A socialist taking private jets across the country should not be held to account. Joining me now for more on this is Skyneyese contributor Kosher Gata Kosher. That was not a good performance from Bernie. And what can and pain is he talking about? I mean, what sort of delusional situation as he got himself into.
Speaker 7: The sweet addiction of private air travel, it's hard to give up. He's never going to give it up. You know, we know we're all used to the hypocrisy with the climate hysterics, as you say, whether it's him or Megan Marko, Prince Harry al Gore Zogi, or the hypocrisy of socialists like AOC and him. They just love the trappings of capitalism and the confident of private air.
Speaker 3: So we know that.
Speaker 7: But I think the worst part for him was when you let the mask slip and show the superiority complex, like, you know, why should I stand in line with the little people? So and so. Then even Chuck Tad, even though he tried to throw a lifeline by criticizing the questioner rat Bear, he had to admit it, as you say, and he let the mask slip, and we're all here to see it.
Speaker 3: That's it, and it's United. If he's too good for United it's not like he's getting on Spirit airlines. Not that I would like to see now a cease fire of sorts in the tariff flaws between the United States and China. They have a great to a ninety day truce and under this new agreement, the US will drop it's one hundred and forty five percent tariff on Chinese goods to thirty percent, while China is going to drop its one hundred and twenty five percent tariff to just ten percent. This is quite the development kosher.
Speaker 7: It is now. It is a stop gap measure because it's just a ninety day plause, not a resolution, So we've got a lot of wood to chop. But it's certainly a climb down back down from one hundred and forty five plus percent. The thirty percent on China is higher than historical averages, which used to be about three percent pre Trump. In his first term he got about nineteen percent, so it's tougher than that. But he's tying it up with fentanyl and getting China to address the fentinel crisis in some way, which is this whole China wars as much about that as it is about the trade deficits. So for now, on paper at least, there seems to be alignment that they will do something about that.
Speaker 3: But we shall see. But if we want to have a significant economic realignment boost American manufacturing in this reliance on China, particularly in so many crucial supply chains, it can't be this. It has to be something that is more impactful long terms. So do you still think that's going to happen, or are we going to end up with something similar to this as the long term.
Speaker 7: It's a bigment question because there's six hundred billion in trade between the two countries and he's trying to normalize that and equalize that. I think we'll have to run the numbers on if the thirty percent holds and some of the supply chains recalibrate to Vietnam and other markets, like what does that do? But I think you're right that on the surface, to some people it does feel like a little bit of a leaptown compared to, you know, where the start was. But it could be that once you run the numbers and some of those recalibrations happen, it's moving the needle in the right direction, even if it's not a full seating grease.
Speaker 3: And isn't it funny all those Democrats who are obsessed about the share market fluctuations and the drops, they're not so obsessed now, and the share market seems to be doing quite well now to some wonderful news with the release of Israeli American Eden Alexander. The twenty one year old was held hostage by her mass for more than nineteen months Kosher. The release is seen as a good will gesture towards the Trump administration in the hopes of laying the groundwork for a new ceasefire deal. How do you think that's going to work, because we are hearing also about a rift between Nesshi Yahoo and the Trump administration.
Speaker 7: Also a lot of wood to chop there. I think it is being pitched as that he was a last American hostage that was held. To Young's hopeworming footage, it was fashioned to have him released before a Trump's upcoming trip to the Middle East. That was done deliberately, so it's like a good backdrop on the eve of that. However, there is this rift. There's also a rift in the Republican Party that's getting deeper about the US's position with respect to Israel. And there are those who believe, you know, it's their strongest ally and nothing should be stopping how much a US gives to support them and this quest and self preservation and sovereignty. There is another part of the base that says, you know, you do what you need to do, but we're not going to keep expending military power, financial power, and even diplomatic power to support Israel. And that faction seems to be ascendant and Trump is really walking a tight rope in that, and then you overlay on that the personality clashes supposedly between him and that and Yahoo, it's Dacey, But I do think it's is stuff in the right direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are are at a fascinating point because there's so many factors at play in Iran is of course part of that equation, and Iran's exiled Crown Prince, Reza Pavlavias, slammed Joe Biden and said that Donald Trump's pressure is the best chance of regime change in Iran. He told The New York Posts that Biden's reversal of Trump's sanctions on Tehran emboldened the Islamus leadership. He said, the Iranian people are trying to send this clear message to the outside world that if you want a true partner in peace, it is us who represent the alternative, not this regime which has taken our country hostage in the first place forty six years ago and continues to do that. And it's not just take an Iran hostage, as we've discussed so many times, Kosher, it's the number one sponsor of terrorism in the region, and you can't really do anything meaningful and long term about her mask or whatever's going to pop up after her mask without addressing the Iranian issue.
Speaker 7: And he the exiled prince, was the eldest son of the last Shavaran before the revolution, so he has important symbolic power of voice in this and that he represents that point that the people were very moderate and don't want this regime that's been presiding over them. It's also very difficult to top though, because as he said, Biden emboldened them. That's one thing. Many argue that even George Bush, with the war, there are more embolden them because it created this imbalance and allowed Iran to seep out into the stop gate. At least that Iraq in some way, not perfectly, but was putting against them. So there's many things over here. Again, the US is very very wary of getting involved in any way. I think Trump's favorite mechanism is economic pressure and sanctions and things like that, so I do expect to see him go hard on that. But how much that will bring to bear remains to be seen, because as the years take by, this regime is getting more and more powerful, closer to nuclear weapons, and the picture.
Speaker 3: Just gets striccier and getting closer to China and Russia. It is a real balancing act for Trump, in particular because he was elected on a landslide on America First policies. They do not want to be involved in every war around the world, so there isn't an appetite to get involved in this. But they also have to acknowledge how destabilizing Irani and as it's becoming more emboldened, particularly with its nuclear program. How does he sell this to the Republican base if he does need to have some sort of involvement and some sort of investment in regime.
Speaker 7: Change, It's a tough one. And regime change is another thing. It's sort of become a dirty word in the US because US fingerprints are all over many regime changes or Vertley and Corvertley in the last half century. So I think that's a tough one to the extent that he can describe it as it is stabilizing and that has repercussions back to things at home as simple as gas process for instance. Given their role there, or terrorism or security or things like that, then maybe there's a way in there. But just a straight up regime changer, it's going to be a tough one.
Speaker 3: Now to the Trump administration's war against big Farma. I'll have more on this after the break, but kosher. At its heart, this policy is to ensure these multi billion dollar companies are not price gouging in the US and charging exorbitant prices in the US compared to what they charge elsewhere in the world. RFK Junior was there to trumpet this policy.
Speaker 4: He can't be bought, unlike most of the politicians in this country, and he is standing here for the American people. I don't know what you know. There's writers Lord Elizabeth Warren or Robert Reich or saying that President Trump is on this side of the olic arcs. There has never been a president more willing to stand up to the olck arks than President Donald Trump. And I'm very, very proud of you, mister President.
Speaker 3: He has a point there, Kohar. Trump cannot be bought. Is the only president who's net worth actually dropped during his presidency. And I guess that's one of the perks of biling a billionaire.
Speaker 7: That's definitely one of his superpowers. As the kids say, because pharma is a very, very enriched and well funded industry, and therefore there's a lot of lobbying dollars it flows into Washington, and that's made it difficult nut to crack, and you know he's going to that. The other thing, too, is this strikes right at the heart of Trump's worldview, which is the US has been ripped off by other countries for so long as it relates to trade deficits and tariffs, as it relates to underwriting security for the whole world. And this is a big pillar the drugs, because the US subsidizes drug R and D for the whole world. All the innovation, all the patents that's very expensive to attain, happen there. And then just the way that the global markets ras structure and export laws and all of that, they sell it ad dirt. Cheap crisis generics can become available in other countries whereas the US consumer has to pay three to ten times as much. And that's what he's trying to undo here. But it'll be challenged in court and elsewhere, so we shall see how far it gets.
Speaker 3: It's incredible like they even are finding a reason to complain about this policy. You would think cheaper drug prices would be something that could embrace like kosher Gaia. Thanks for your time. Pleasure still to come. Democrats outrage by the Trump administration taking in white refugees from South Africa alex dying is up next, Welcome back. Now, President Donald Trump is taking on Big Farmer by signing an executive order to lower drug prices in the US.
Speaker 9: Starting today, the United States will no longer subsidize the healthcare of foreign countries, which is what we were doing. We're subsidizing others' healthcare, and we're no longer tolerate profiteering and price gouging from Big Farmer. But again, it was really the countries that forced Big Farmer to do things at Frankly, I'm not sure they really felt comfortable doing.
Speaker 3: And in typical Trump style, you had a hilarious anecdote explaining how much more Americans pay. Listen to this.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'll tell you a story. Friend of mine who's a business man, very very, very top guy. Most of you would have heard of him. A highly neurotic, brilliant businessman, seriously overweight, and he takes the fat shot drug.
Speaker 7: Very successful, very rich.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't even know how we would know this, but because he's got comments at President, Could I ask you a question. What I'm in London and I just paid for this damn fat drug I take. I said, it's not working, he said, He said, I just paid eighty eight dollars and in New York I paid thirteen hundred dollars. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: The fat Shot? I love that. Joining me now is comedian and host of Prime Time with Alex Stott. Alex the fat Shot. That's what we've got to call a zamepick. From now on, it has to be the fat Shot.
Speaker 14: No, Rita, I love that name, the fat Shot. And this is a stat that I just read and I cannot believe it. You know, America spends the most money on diets and diet fads and GLP one drugs like ozimpic. Yet Americans still have the fattest biomass of any country in the world. So it's kind of insane that we spend the most on diet but also or the fattest country. Make that makes sense, Rita.
Speaker 3: It is crazy. And yet you've got Democrats, You've got the usual suspects in the media who have raising objections to this policy. How could you possibly be against Americans paying lists for pharmaceutical drugs.
Speaker 14: No, it's ridiculous Rita. And our healthcare system in America is so overpriced. That's all people want. We don't want free healthcare, we don't want to become Canada, but we want drugs that we can afford because we have to take them to live. So the idea that these companies are able to price gouge it needs to stop, and Donald Trump is putting an end to it. So God bless Donald Trump for making a prescription pill more affordable for Americans.
Speaker 3: Now, the Trump administration is taking a small number of refugees from South Africa, and rather than being congratulated for this act of humanity, the administration is being attacked. Surprisingly, among those enraged is the activist Bishop Marianne Edgar Budd. You might remember her. She's the one who lectured President Trump over his immigration policies on his inaugration day. Well, the Gateway Pundit is reporting her church is ending its nearly forty year partnership with the US government to resettle refugees because the Trump administration is classifying white South African Afrikanas as refugees refugees that need protection. Alex No, they do need protection.
Speaker 14: I mean, what's happening in South Africa is absolutely horrible, and so just to see these people that are part of a church that are you know, their whole ad is charity, it's meant to help people. But because the South Africa is having to be white, it's clear why they don't want to help them. They don't want to help white people. So it's just a form of reverse racism. I mean a lot of people want to say the systemic racism doesn't exist, but I hate to break it to you, it does exist. In America in the sixties, it was done against black people, and this modern day era it's done against white people. And it sounds crazy, but that's really the world we live in. That is a refugee because they are white. We have people that are part of a church that are refusing to help them. I mean, it doesn't get more racist than that.
Speaker 3: And there is just so much evidence of the way they are persecuted and targeted and why they're in danger in modern day South Africa. This is not some conspiracy theory. That's something that has been reported on widely. We've talked about on this program a number of times. Now. This is a little more trivial than all that, and I can't get enough of it, this Bill Belichick Jordan Hudson's story. Alex I'm among the millions just who can't get enough of this twenty four year old girlfriend of the legendary seventy three year old football coach. Well, she fell short in the Miss Main beauty pageant, placing third, and she didn't look too happy about it. Alex Well, Rita.
Speaker 14: I love when you asked me about American football because this is a subject that I am an expert on. In Jordan Hudson, she's twenty four years old, and right now they're under a lot of scrutiny because it has been revealed that potentially Jordan Hudson actually met Bill Belichick and she was nineteen years old, and that's where she first got his autograph. Of course, the CBS interview to tried to ask about that, she got flustered and basically shut down the interview. Now it's also coming out that there's a famous ring doorbell camera footage, Rita, if you've not seen it, of Bill Belichick shirtless, and supposedly they've backtracked this and they figured out that this ring doorbell footage was taken at one of Jordan Hudson's properties that now she's able to afford. She has like an eight million dollar real estate portfolio. So all I'm saying is Jordan Hudson is probably taking advantage of Bill Belichick. That is probably obvious. But listen, he's in his seventies. He wants to be with a young woman. I mean, you know, there's a price he has to pay for that. But what I'm worried about Rita. And the last thing I'll say is, I don't know if he'll ever get to coach a game at UNC because the University of North Carolina is not okay with what's happening. And I think there's a good chance that he loses his job because of this.
Speaker 3: Well, he's destroying his legacy in this, and I hope he's having a good time because it's costing him plenty and more than just money. Alex Star and it's always a pleasure. Thanks for your time, And that's it from May. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow Night.