Speaker 1: On Scyne Lives Australia. This is the Wider Penalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Riata Paney Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, former Australian of the Year Grace Tame at risk of being dumped by Nike after questionable social media posts.
Speaker 2: And while we.
Speaker 3: Join me shortly to cover the day's top headlines, advertising expert Richard Ralph Smith will tell us the three fatal errors the Liberals made in their election advertising. Kosher Gator will have the latest from the US, and later in the hour They're Always Amusing.
Speaker 2: Alex Stein will tell us why he was attacked.
Speaker 3: By lgbt QIA activists and talking about Left is losing it.
Speaker 2: Tonight's segment comes with a warning.
Speaker 4: It felt so I don't know electric and yet still so natural.
Speaker 3: But first, the Prime Minister has a rubbish cause from the Trump administration to lift astra is defense spending to three point five percent of GDP from the current two percent. After US Defense Secretary Pete Hegxed made the demand to Defense Minister Richard Miles during a meeting at the Shangri La Security Dialogue in Singapore. Here's what the PM had to say, earlier today.
Speaker 5: We determine our defense policy. Here where a sovereign nation that need to have pride in our sovereignty and in our capacity to make decisions in our national interest, in our national interest, that is what we will do.
Speaker 3: Former Army Chief Peter Leahy has warned that the government's insistence on keeping defense spending low is an abrogation of the primary responsibility of our elected representatives to provide for the defense and security of the nation and the safety of our servicemen and women.
Speaker 2: Those who wear.
Speaker 3: Australia's uniform place great trust in those who task and equip them. This trust is not being honored. This comes after close ally Japan doubled its defense budget amid expectations that China will only get more aggressive, with Pete Hegsett warning that a Chinese attack on Taiwan could be imminent.
Speaker 2: Joining me now for more on this.
Speaker 3: As Deputy Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs, Daniel Ward Dan, just take a look at what's happening with the NATO countries. They have increased their spending as Trump asked them to do, demanded that they do. Can Australia really afford to be this reckless and recalcitrant.
Speaker 6: Well, I think you know it's fair enough for the Prime Minister to say that we'll decide what our own defense policy is based on our own circumstances. But the case for Australia to increase our defense spending is not predicated necessarily in what the US is asking us to do, but because we need to do it anyway, and we should have been doing this a long time ago. Our spending has been too low for too long, and the money that we have allocated toward defense and our national security has not been spent in an effective manner. We are hopelessly unprepared for the challenges that we face in our region and around the world, and this is only set to get worse unless there is a dramatic and urgent change to how we approach our defense policy. Obviously closely related to this reader, it's not just our national defense but also our energy security, and for as long as we're committed to policies like net zero, our capacity to have our own sovereign manufacturing capabilities is going to be undermined. So this is caused not just to increase our defense spending, but to have a complete rethink about our energy policy as well.
Speaker 3: And it's all good and well for the Prime Minister to talk tough about sovereignty, But where was that tough talk Dan when Chinese warships were doing their little exercises unannounced close to the Australian border. I mean, I just find it very inconsistent from the Prime Minister to talk tough when a close ally wants us to increase our defense spending, but he goes missing when the aggressive when the aggressive attitude is coming from China.
Speaker 6: Well, that's exactly right, and it's not just issues pertaining to China, as you rightly identify, but also the number of international agreements which we are signed up to or are due to sign up to, for example, in relation to future pandemics. I haven't heard the Prime Minister talk about our national sovereignty in relation to the World Health Organization. Nor have I heard him talk about national sovereignty as it relates to climate change commitments. For example, the Paris Climate Agreement is handing over a massive amount of power to unelected international bureaucrats. So you're quite right to point out that the Prime Minister is being very selective when he discuss it discusses issues relating to our political and national sovereignty.
Speaker 3: Now, Western Australian Senator Drenda Cox, who was elected as a member of the Greens not too long ago, has made a shocked affection to the Labor Party, making this announcement alongside the Prime Minister just yesterday Today.
Speaker 7: I'm resigning from the Australian Greens to join the Labor Party to sit as a later senator as part of the Albanese government.
Speaker 2: It is not a decision I've taken lightly. Now.
Speaker 3: This is a member of parliament who was hit with workplace misconduct and bullying allegations back in October last year, with twenty of her staff reportedly quitting their jobs.
Speaker 2: In a period of about three years.
Speaker 3: But I've got to ask you, Dan, put aside the personalities here. She was elected as a Greens member, but people voted for the Greens and she was.
Speaker 2: There to represent them.
Speaker 3: Is it okay for her to be defecting within a matter of weeks or she should be standing down and the Greens select someone else to represent them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so, reader. I think Australian's pretty sick and tired of this. I haven't looked at what her personal vote was, how many below the line votes she got in the Senate, but I can't imagine it was enough anywhere near enough to get her own quota to get in. So you're right that she was elected as a Greens member, not as a member of the Labor Party. And to do this so soon after the election, I think suggests that perhaps something was in play beforehand. I don't know, but it seems that it's unlikely that this kind of transition will take place in such a short space of time. The other point that I would make I watched Anthony Abernice's press conference today in Perth and it was interesting and revealing what he said. He said that if you're serious about social change in Australia, then you need to support the Labor Party. Now, what this suggests to me to mean is that Labour's social values are the social values of the Greens. They're the social values of treaty of truth telling, of reparations payments. I believe that they will proceed with a voice to Parliament, as Penny Wong said they would do prior to the last federal election, and I think it's time for Labor just to be honest with the Australian people and have a formal coalition agreement with the Greens. If they're just going to adopt Green's members as part of their party, then they should do it in an open and transparent manner.
Speaker 3: Well, they're in a coalition with the Greens, Let's be honest. The Greens and Labor depend on each other and Labour wouldn't be where they are without the Greens support. So whether it's an official coalition agreement as the Libs and Nets have or an unofficial one like Labor and Greens, it works pretty much in the same way.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Victoria.
Speaker 3: Former Premier Jeff Kenned has made another some would say desperate attempt to try to save John Pursudo, the former opposition leader, pend a letter to the Victorian Liberal Party's Administrative Committee begging them to pay the entire two point three million debt that mister Pursudo now owes Liberal MP Moor Deeming. If he doesn't come across with his money, if he doesn't find it somewhere dan he faces bankruptcy, which means it will step down from parliament. Jeff Kenned argues, not supporting the pursuito family now denies the fundamental values the party was founded upon. It is wrong to ask him to foot the bills to bankrupt him and his family, wrong to ask him to borrow money from the capital funds we might have at our disposal. I implore you to act decisively. We must put the issue to bed quickly. Remember money can always be replaced, a change of government cannot.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of thoughts on.
Speaker 3: This one, Dad, but I'm interested in yours. My first thought though, is has Jeff forgotten who the victim here is. It's Moira Deeming, it is not John Persudo.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I mean I have a lot of respect for Jeff Kenned and everything he's done for Victoria, but I'm not sure this is quite the right way to go. You know, Moira Deeming is entitled to seek compensation as per the court order. You know, she's well within her rights to do that. And also the Liberal Party was founded on the value of freedom of speech, which is what Moyra was exercising. And she was really, you know, the victim of what happened to her and went through that legal process. So you know, this has been a disaster for the Victorian Liberal Party from the very beginning, and I think it really shows what happens when firstly you lose sight of what your values are, secondly when you become intimidated by your political opponents. It was very clear from the court documents that one of the reasons why the decision was taken to go after more redeeming was because of concerns that Daniel Andrews was going to exploit it for political purposes, as of course he would, being a very effective political operator. But look, look what's happened now. I mean, this all happened because they didn't stand up to Daniel Andrews and the Labor government. So look, they just need to draw a line under this and try to get clean air as they head to the next election in November of next year.
Speaker 3: They showed such poor political judgment in this case. It was actually an opportunity for them to lay a glove on Dan Andrews. And that's fairly rare during Dan Andrews's political career that the Libs would hurt him any way. But they had an opportunity there because this is an eighty twenty issue, and they decided to side with the twenty percent, along with Labor and the Greens just idiotic in the extreme. I want to ask you about former Australian of the Year Grace Tame. She has come under five for her anti Israel social media content, which has now put her partnership with Nike at risk. The megasports brand has said via a spokeswoman, Nike does not stand for any form of discrimination, including anti Semitism. We take this matter very seriously and are in touch with Grace's team to understand the matter further.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: The Australian has done some great reports on this story. They reported that Tame reposted a statement from Palestinian writer Mohammed el Kurd in which she appeared to condone the murder of two Israeli embassy officials in Washington and angrily attacked journalists who reported that the slayings were an act of anti Semitism.
Speaker 2: Yes, the former.
Speaker 3: Australian of the Year is a endorsement of El Kurd and the message she published last week is deeply troubling.
Speaker 2: He wrote.
Speaker 3: The media class is scrambling to reframe the shooting that targeted to Israeli's state officials as a random anti Semitic attack. Tame reposted this to her two hundred and sixty thousand followers, even though it was undeniably and by the alleged shooter's own admission, a response to the ongoing Israeli assault on Gaza, which killed one hundred and seven Palestinians in the last twenty four hours alone. Dan, it's astonishing to me that she would endorse share this in any way back a position that is so extreme.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, the first thing is good on Nike for doing this. I mean, quite often we rightfully call out big businesses for dividing us and doing the wrong thing. Well, Nike is at least, you know, standing up and is asking for an explanation from Grace Tame, and that's the right thing for them to do. I think it's a shame for Grace Tame because she has rightly been acknowledged for the work that she's done in advocating for and raising the profile of victims of domestic violence and abuse, and that's a very important cause. But for her to go down the road of political activism I think has really let down the important work that she did. Of course, she famously wore the f Murdoch t shirt when she was meeting with the Prime Minister some time ago and has a history of political activism. Now, if she wants to do.
Speaker 7: That, that's up to her.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's entirely up to Grace Tame if she wants to go down that road. But I don't think you can at one time be an advocate for a very important cause and at the same time also see yourself as a political advocate for what are very divisive cultural issues as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, and I think as Australian of the Year she's not in that role anymore. But I think you have to be a political you have to be a unifying figure. You can't be a divisive activist. And we've too often put given that on our two divisive activists. It started well before Grace Tame, Dan Wild, thank you so much for your time tonight, joining me now to discuss how the Coalition got its advertising campaign so terribly wrong.
Speaker 2: Is DPR and.
Speaker 3: Co advertising co founder Richard Ralph Smith. Richard, you've come up with three key areas the Coalition failed with its election messaging.
Speaker 2: Take us through it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, Well, in marketing terms, we can speak brand, product and retail, and so if you think about brand. That's a long term, strategic investment in what you stand for. At the other end of the spectrum, you've got retail, which is intended to be a short term, tactical expenditure designed to drive immediate sales. What the Liberal Party did is they had all their attention over here and ignored their brand almost entirely.
Speaker 3: So you're saying the substance wasn't there. They actually didn't have the policies to sell. It wasn't the selling that they failed it. It was the stuff that matters. They are what they stand.
Speaker 10: For exactly even above the policy level, the values and the principles that give rise to the policies in the first place. And that's something you don't like. John Howard used to say, you don't fatten a pig on market day, You've got to do that years in advance. And so Australians now no one is buying the Liberal brand. The reason they're not buying the Liberal brand is that nobody's selling.
Speaker 11: It, you know.
Speaker 3: And that is what we've been saying on Sky News, one of the few media outlets who's been pointing out that the Liberals, well since the Voice where they had the Trump for they did stand for something and articulated that position very well. They haven't stood for anything. Where is the policy differentiation? Where are they taking it up to labor and giving the electro to clear choice and saying this is who we are what we stand for. And you're right, it's too late to do it during an election campaign. You need to have come to that position organically throughout. You can't just show up and say we are this.
Speaker 10: You have to drive it and you have to believe in it. And even at the highest brand level that they really spoke about was their line for the election campaign, Let's get Australia back on track. Yeah, okay, so what's the track?
Speaker 8: Where does it lead?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's a gym that you included net zero that would not even deviate on a policy areas as harmful to their brand as net zero and I think they still understand that now. Talking about social media, because so many now consume their news consumed information via social media, I've got to say Labour's campaign wasn't particularly great, but the Coalition seemed to particularly str.
Speaker 2: In that space.
Speaker 3: How can they reach younger voters effectively through social media?
Speaker 10: Well, the important thing is don't try so hard to fit into your environment that you change who you are. It really comes back again to being confident about who you are and saying these are our principles and then finding a way to express it in a way that's new and true for young people. Trying to find a way to really articulate that without trashing your brand by doing things such as that ridiculous disk track which was entirely debranding.
Speaker 3: For the Liberals, Yeah, that was a little bit cringe labor though landslide victory, so they can take all the plauded. What did they do well or were they just lucky to have really little opposition at this election?
Speaker 10: I think in large part it is the latter. This was not a contest of high minded ideals expressed brilliantly by two top notch opponents. They didn't do anything particularly well from a brand point of view. What they did do is define Peter Dutton on their terms very very well, and they had the most powerful negative line of the campaign, which was he cuts you pay. And they managed to again frame nuclear in their own terms, making up their own numbers, convincing people of those numbers and saying this is what is going to cost six.
Speaker 3: Negative campaigns are enormously effective. People say they don't like it, that don't like when politicians or political parties go negative, but the proof is there that they work, and that's why labor go to these sorts of campaigns, whether it's many scale, nuclear or cuts.
Speaker 10: They work better for the incumbent than they do for the opposition. And in this situation, you know, the environment was that we had a really uncertain geostrategic ron happening. We had you know, China conducting live fire exercises three hundred k's off the coach of Sydney. We had Trump firing off tariffs every which way. People were feeling nervous and sort of leaning towards the incumbent, and that would have required the liberals to define something really really compelling based on liberal values to do it. It was an uphill battle in the first place, yes, but they just couldn't do it. I think they were sort of this time late last year, they were in the lead in terms of the polls, and also Peter Dutton's preferred prime minister rating was in a really really good space. He looked like a leader. Late last year it was as if they were defending a lead that didn't really.
Speaker 2: Exist, and I think they got.
Speaker 10: Failed to deliver on a brand plan.
Speaker 3: They were playing like they were in front, and I think that we're getting some poor polling data that they were relying on and ignoring everything else around them.
Speaker 2: Richard Ralph Smith, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefties a losing it? Plus will we see record amounts.
Speaker 2: Of corporate virtue signaling during Pride Month?
Speaker 3: Kosher Gator has the details. You're watching the Reader Panny Show and it's time for Lefty's Losing It. I don't know how to apologize for what I'm about to show you, but just know this hurts me as much as it's going to hurt you. Let's have a look at trump deranged Rosie O'Donnell, who has fled the country because of potus, but she has returned from Ireland to film this hot mess for Sex and the City spin off.
Speaker 2: Just like that, enough talking, let's just dive right in.
Speaker 4: It felt so I don't know electric and yet still so natural. I never dreamed my first time could be both those things.
Speaker 2: First time.
Speaker 4: You were a virgin, Yes, I'm a nun.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was Rosi o'donald playing a virgin none called Mary who ends up in bed with Miranda played by Cynthia and Nixon, the worst character on Sex and the City. I think you'll agree, and that show jumped the shark many many moons ago.
Speaker 2: But at least Rosi o'donald.
Speaker 3: And Cynthia Nixon could share their deranged hatred of Trump together in between takes. Both are ardent Trump haters and mothers.
Speaker 2: Of non binary or trans children.
Speaker 3: Remember Cynthia Nixon boasted about having her daughter's healthy breast removed.
Speaker 2: They call it top surgery. My hand had his.
Speaker 12: Top surgery, ass NYU a number of years ago. Please work pastic His surgeon was the best we could have imagined.
Speaker 2: It's time to check in with Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: The former president has his good days and he has his bad days.
Speaker 2: But every day is a delusional day. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: And there's also been a lot of discussion recently about your mental and physical capabilities while you were in office.
Speaker 13: You can see that I'm mentally incompetent and I can't walk, and I can beat the.
Speaker 1: Hell out of both of them. Do you want to reply to any of those reports, and also to the fact that there are some Democrats who are now questioning whether you should have run for reelection in the first place.
Speaker 2: Run against me that.
Speaker 4: Because I'd have beaten it.
Speaker 1: Do you have any regrets?
Speaker 11: No, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Your guests.
Speaker 3: Naylon Mask has had enough of his fellow billionaires talking trash.
Speaker 2: Listen here as he gives Bill Gates.
Speaker 3: An almighty spray after Gates made all sorts of unfounded claims about us aid.
Speaker 2: He starts by calling Gates a liar.
Speaker 14: I know you've said that already I.
Speaker 7: Wanted and I'm just who does Biggates think he is to make comments about the welfare of children, given that he is before quented Jeffrey Epstein, Okay.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 14: He's he's he said he regrets those.
Speaker 8: And he's he spent he spent a lot.
Speaker 14: He spent a lot of his own money on on philanthropy around the world over the years. My question to you is have you looked at the data to check if he might be right that the cuts to US A I. D might cost millions of lives.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'd like him to preshure us any any evidence whatsoever.
Speaker 3: None whatsoever, And bono you know him from you two. He was making the same bas claims on Joe Rogan, and Rogan was not having it.
Speaker 15: Just recent report, it's not proven, but there's surveillance enough suggests three hundred thousand people have already died from just this cutoff, this hard cut of usaid.
Speaker 16: The problem is, for sure, there have been a lot of organizations that do tremendous good all throughout the world. Also, for sure it was a money laundering operation. For sure, there was no oversight. For sure, billions of dollars are missing. In fact, trillions that are unaccounted for that were sent off into various they don't even know where because there's no receipts. The way Elon must describe that, he said, if any of this was done by a public company, the company would be delisted and the executives be in prison. But in the United States, this is a standard. When Biden left office, when it was clear that Trump won, in the seventy three days, they spent ninety three billion dollars from the the Department of Energy on just radical loans, just throwing money into places and there's no oversight.
Speaker 3: Well, folks, it's June, and that means it's Pride month, and they started celebrating early in West Hollywood. Not sure that's suitable for young kids in the audience there. But it's not just the public nudity, it's the corporate virtue signaling we're going to see in the coming weeks. Yes, a whole month of far left foolishness, but for some it's never enough.
Speaker 2: Watch this Karen a whine about Target getting.
Speaker 3: Rid of their LGBTQIA plus plus display and replacing it with a pro American one.
Speaker 17: Happy Pride Month. In my Target that used to have the pride section, it's now all USA. Yay USA. And honestly, my dad serves the military, and I'd love to be really proud of this nation, but it's hard to be proud of.
Speaker 2: It under Donald Trump.
Speaker 17: But hey, you know, while you're here, pick up a USA bikini, you know why not? Yeah, Target's really taken this anti DEI thing to another level.
Speaker 3: Oh Dear God forbid anyone should have pride in their country. I'm sure your granddad risked his life so Target could sell breastbinders to young girls.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in Sky News contributor Kosher.
Speaker 3: Gaeta Kosher, there's been a cultural shift in the US, It's undoubted. And are we going to see things like Pride Month marked differently from the corporate world.
Speaker 2: Are we going to have the same.
Speaker 3: Sort of activism and enthusiasm as we have seen in previous years.
Speaker 9: Seemingly not.
Speaker 11: It looks like we have finally broken the camel's back on this issue. It almost just send it as quickly blink and you missed it as it ascended just in the last five years. And you see, you know, the Silicon Valley titans and the high finance people and cultural icons all coming out and endorsing Trump in this election.
Speaker 9: Everything sort of trickles down from that, I think.
Speaker 11: And you haven't seen mass backlash or young people rioting and leaving their hypie Silicon Valley jobs or New York jobs or anything like that. And you don't see corporations putting the little black square, a little ratio square on their LinkedIn profiles. So maybe we are past the worst.
Speaker 9: Dare I say?
Speaker 3: I think the corporates are seeing there is actually a price to pay, and it's probably a bit more clever to be a political and not alienate at least a portion of your customer basis significant portion and I think USAID really exposed just how much of this far left activism, this far left movement was funded unwittingly by tax payers. It wasn't just some organic grassroots movement.
Speaker 11: That's been one of so many examples of just as much as we know what's going on in the culture, there's so much more. And when you think you've got the whole picture, there's yet more that we don't know. And you say, idea, it was about fifty billion dollars a year in spending, It's like a billion dollars a week. It's not a small amount, and even worse, as you say, because more than the money and the wastage financially, what it was doing domestically and all around the world. And it's completely been gutted. Ninety percent of contracts have been terminated. Yes, it was challenged in a court. There are a few challenges still working its way up, but by and large this organization has been fundamentally changed, and I think everybody is for the better, and maybe we can do something without tax payer money. Yeap.
Speaker 3: People's eyes have been opened, even those of us who are very engaged in this space. I was shocked by the money that was being spent taxpayers money all around the world pushing this far left activism.
Speaker 2: Bizarre use of taxpayers money.
Speaker 3: And whilst we're talking about usiidal On mass the man who was responsible for cutting so much of that waste and fraud, well, he had some parting words for members of the media, pointing out that they are the ones responsible for so many of the slings and arrows that have come his way, and they are discredited.
Speaker 8: The President mentioned that you had to deal with all the slings and arrows during your time.
Speaker 7: It does there's this New York other people, you know, some of the media re organizations, Let's room work, the lingers.
Speaker 8: Well, so.
Speaker 1: There is a New York Times before today that accuses you of blurring way between.
Speaker 18: New York Times.
Speaker 7: Is that the same publication that got a Bulletzer prize for a false reporting on the Russia Gate? Is it the same organization? I got to check my tots, so I think they.
Speaker 8: I think the.
Speaker 7: Judge just ruled against New York Times for their lies about the Russia Gate hoax, and that they might have to give back that Fullitzer price that New York Times.
Speaker 3: Let's move on, and we've seen this from Trump administration across the board almost whether it's heg Zeth, where it's Rubio Musk there, who you know isn't a politician, but he had a fairly significant role. They are just hitting back the media hard. They've taken on Trump's attitude towards the media, and you've got to say it's pretty effective.
Speaker 9: For sure.
Speaker 11: It's not your grandmother's Republican Party and this whole group starting the Trump leading he really showed people how to fight and when things go as bad as they've gone, you're kind of past nice manners and niceties and all those things we saw from John McCain and Mitt Romney and even Ronald Reagan. It was just a different world that we're living in and here you've got to be willing to roll up your sleeves and fight, and they kind of relish it.
Speaker 9: So it's not everybody's cup of tea.
Speaker 11: Always running to people who don't like it or wish the demeanor would be different.
Speaker 9: But I think it's very effective.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people, actually, if they want to go back to the gop of Mitt Romney or McCain or good luck to them, because that's the GoPay of losers. And those days are over. The voters have no appetite for that. So never mind whether Trump's there or not. The voters don't want that. They don't want to have polite losers. Now, we saw the way the media treated Elon Mask after his salute from the Heart. They were calling him a Nazi, saying he was doing some sort of a Hile Hitler salute, which was just so dishonest. Well, Democrat Cory Booker did something well pretty much exactly the same in the last couple of days, and there was no condemnation, no accusations.
Speaker 2: Many didn't even report on it.
Speaker 3: And Kosh, I guess this goes to the point of why they feel like the media deserves to be treated with this stain, because it's just discredited itself.
Speaker 9: Time and again.
Speaker 11: And when you think they can't sink any lawa you can see these examples. And it's not even about hypocrisy, it's about hierarchy. So Cory Brooker, you see, is a higher in the totem pool where he gets extra protections that the others side doesn't. And there's many people who've done this, and I think the good thing is that media has been democratized because of the Internet and social media that these clips do get out there other programs like yours and the social media covers it, and that just further delegitimizes the mainstream media unless they wise up to that, but they don't seem to be doing it as far.
Speaker 3: And sticking with the media, yesterday we had CNN claimbing that the Colorado terror attack was carried out by a white man. And here we have NBC going to great lengths not to use the words where it's like Jews or even pro Israel, calling the victims of the attack Gaza hostage awareness marches.
Speaker 2: I mean, really kosher.
Speaker 11: If the backdrop wasn't as tragically, it is almost funny. And they really are the kings and queens of linguistics.
Speaker 9: They always have been.
Speaker 11: So you have the Gaza awareness marchers, you had the Maryland Dad that famous case, and even back in during then President Oba Hillary Clinton's I'm reminded of the story of the terrorist attack in Colombo, Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday, and both of them referred to them as Easter worshippers because they couldn't use the word Christians. So they are very aware of words and which words they use, which words they don't use. But again to your point earlier, in this day and age of just podcasts and media and social media, we all are discussing it and seeing right through it. So I just think it's a losing strategy, but they seem to be addicted to it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: In recent weeks, we've had a governor's house fire bombed, We've had two Israelian busy workers murdered in cold blood, and now this attack in Colorado several pro israel protests is set alight, badly hurt. If there was a right wing group or movement behind these sorts of attacks, it would be leading news coverage all around the world. It would all be as such a crisis that needs to be addressed. But it seems like we've got a fairly permissive attitude when it comes to violence from the left. We saw that throughout the BLM riots and we're seeing it again with this anti Israeli movement.
Speaker 11: It feels like it's the next dimension on this continuum where we talked at the top about culture and the culture is shifting and corporates aren't virtually signaling as much. Then we've talked about the media losing its potency and legitimacy because we can all see through their games. And now this is where it gets really serious, where it's actual violence taking place, and that double standard again still continues.
Speaker 9: And as you say, BLM or even.
Speaker 11: The Antifa rights before that in Portland elsewhere. So this feels like the last printerier. If the right can somehow crack this and just reclaim the narrative around that which they're doing the current administration in terms of their line order agenda, that will be another big win in this continuum that we're on.
Speaker 2: And we say that everywhere there was Antifa.
Speaker 3: You mentioned there was some violence in California where they were there to protest against I think some Christians who were gathering, And we see it right here in Australia when we have the let women speak much and there's always some sort of a counter protest because they're not allowed to speak without the far left activist disrupting them.
Speaker 2: On Colorado, there's been.
Speaker 3: A lot of commentary in the past twenty four hours about this image summing up the modern Democrat Party.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look at it, Kosha, what do you say to this. There's a lot happening in that in that picture.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, I could say modern Democrat Party in an AI simulator, and I don't think it would come out very different from that. You've got the flag in the background, it's like perfectly framed. In the middle, you have this violent person. It's the heinous ax he committed. He's shirtless, he's not in particularly good shape. He's an illegal immigrant. Yeah, throwing him all the top cocktail, And I think it does sum it up everything we just talked about, the cultural virtue signaling, the way the media is covering it, and then the violence from the left that's been getting away, but not for long. We'll see what's going to happen. Some judge is likely going to block his deportation. But cases like this only help the cause politically on the other side because these are not sympathetic figures.
Speaker 2: And Trump's made that point.
Speaker 3: The Muhammad Solomon, the alleged attacker, there's an Egyptian national in the US illegally.
Speaker 2: He overstate his visa, entered the.
Speaker 3: US during the Biden administration sort asylum in twenty twenty two, was granted the right to work. Is the Biden administration in any way to blame for this. They let millions through unvetted, and you're going to get characters like this amongst them.
Speaker 11: Percent I think this really personifies what we know. So we know the numbers and the ridiculous new eleven million plus that were allowed to pour in through four years, and then the particulars of this case where he was caught even by the ace Agans in the Biden administration, but was let go because that was the policy wele catching release and then he was rewarded with legal work access even though he oversteed his visa. So you're just creating magnets and rewarding So every issue that we talk about August presonified in this case, and then he goes and does what he did, So it really just puts a huge red line, I think, under this issue in a way that had never happened before. And hopefully the current administration can take advantage of that momentum and do something about it.
Speaker 3: Now, before you go, we talked about that cultural shift across the US, Let's have a look at another example of that. This is something we wouldn't have seen a few years ago, certainly wouldn't have seen it in Trump's first term.
Speaker 2: What yere as football legends.
Speaker 3: And current Pittsburgh Steelers stars pay tribute to Donald Trump in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 14: I'd like to present to this to a Hall of Fame President, please accept that.
Speaker 15: How about this president of ours?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: Just wanted to say, God bless you President Trump, and God bless you Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Now, that was Pittsburgh Steeler's legend and Vietnam warvet Rocky Blayer and current quarterback Mason Rudolph and defensive back Miles Killer Brood. I mean, that is something we wouldn't have seen kosher just a few years ago. Those players, current players would have been canceled. They would have made all sorts of uproar. No one really was bothered by any of that. I didn't say too much backlash at all.
Speaker 9: So true.
Speaker 11: You know, there's that old adage I think attributed to Andrew Breitbart that politics is downstream from culture. Every once in a while, in a case like Donald Trump, who's very unique, it almost was like culture is downstream from politics, and just his whole story even before politics and since then the comeback, being the under dog, being counted out and coming is like classic American stuff.
Speaker 9: Everybody loves that.
Speaker 11: Story, even though they've been trained not to admit it, and this carries a lot of weight when you have NFL stars and Hall of Fame legends doing that. The other piece two, since it's a Steelers Pittsburgh that is a key constituency of Trump Pennsylvania and particularly that town. The Steelers and miners didn't go to Republicans since Ronald Reagan forty years and he in both terms turned that around, and I think that's sort of the other piece of it, and the Steelers, of course exemplify that part of his constituency.
Speaker 3: Kosher Gator, thanks for your time tonight coming up, But why was Alex Stein attacked by LGBTQIA activists?
Speaker 2: It joins me next to explain, welcome back.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: We've seen morale and recruitment numbers in the US Army saw in recent months after President Donald Trump's election triumph, and get ready to see those numbers saw further because the ad campaigns have changed a bit. They've gone from this under the Biden administration.
Speaker 19: Although he had a fairly typical childhood, took ballet, played violin, I also marched for equality. I like to think I've been defending freedom from an early age.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was under Biden. This is the latest.
Speaker 16: No more distractions, no more electric tanks, no more gender confusion, no more climate change worship.
Speaker 8: We are laser focused on our mission of war FI.
Speaker 13: We will measure our success not only by the battles we win, but also by the wars we end, and perhaps most importantly, the wars we never get into.
Speaker 8: It's called peace through strength.
Speaker 13: Through our power and might, we will leave the world to peace. Our friends will respect us, our enemies will fear us, and the whole world will admire the unrivaled greatness of the United States military. We will replenish the pride of our armed forces and the recruitment crisis.
Speaker 10: We don't fight because we hate what's in front of us.
Speaker 8: We fight because we love us behind us.
Speaker 13: God bless you, God bless our armpornsers, God bless our men and women serving overseas, and God bless the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Joining men as comedian and host of Primetime with Alex Dahn on Blastava, Alex it MAXs you want to sign up.
Speaker 2: That is some inspiring stuff.
Speaker 8: No doubt about it.
Speaker 20: And now that young soldiers don't have to worry about being basically under the thumb of a person with gender dysphoria that's mentally ill. I think they have a lot more confidence in joining the Armed Services. So I'm happy that people like Rachel Levine are now banned from joining the United States Armed Services. So Pete Haig Seth and Donald Trump have given the American people, and especially the young American.
Speaker 8: People, faith into our arm services. It's beautiful.
Speaker 20: I love to see it, and I can't wait for more young people to sign up and actually support our country in a positive way and not some sort of weird LGBTQ gender mafia way.
Speaker 3: Well, talking about l g b t Q I a community. You've really been embraced by that community.
Speaker 2: It is Pride Month.
Speaker 3: Let's just have a look at how you've been embraced.
Speaker 20: Protect How are you going to protect a kid I cutting.
Speaker 9: Off in genital No?
Speaker 2: No, look at this.
Speaker 8: Do you think I should kill me?
Speaker 18: I hope you live forever.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that you want me to kill myself.
Speaker 3: Alex, that don't seem to like you.
Speaker 20: No, Rita, but I mean there aren't a lot of pharmaceutical drugs, and luckily for me, the estrogen hormone keeps them pretty docile and pretty weak, so they're not too tough.
Speaker 8: So thank goodness, I didn't look to do.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 3: Didn't look so docile where they were pouring water. I hope it was water on you and coming after you. Must be frightening. I know you joke about it, but we've got a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: All worked up coming at you.
Speaker 3: You must fear for your safety occasionally. But I want to ask you about CNN. They had some disturbing news to impart to their views.
Speaker 18: Plus eight point advantage for the Republican Party.
Speaker 9: How is that possible?
Speaker 8: Democrats?
Speaker 18: How is that possible? After all the recession, because after the stock market's been doing all of this, after all the terrorists that Americans are against, and Republicans still hold an eight point lead on the economy.
Speaker 16: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 17: This is a CNN This is new CNN pulingd How was that?
Speaker 11: When we look for trends, how is that trending with other data that you're pulling in.
Speaker 18: Yeah, if it was just this one CNN pul that would be one thing. But take a look at Reuter's ipsos. What do we see here? Party with a better economic plan? Well, it may have twenty twenty four, just before Donald Trump was reelected president, Republicans had a nine point advantage. Look at where we are now. In May of twenty twenty five, the advantage actually went up by three points. Now Republicans have a twelve point advantage when it comes to the party with a better economic plan Alex.
Speaker 3: They just can't understand why their own polling is showing Trump winning on the economy.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's really not a hard equation to figure out. And if you really just look at our economy now, the fact that people actually have some faith that they can actually go work and that industries are coming back here in America, its just created so much of a better lifestyle for the American people. And you know, when it comes to the polling though, of course, these Democrats are now changing. I mean, nobody predicted Donald Trump to win in a landslide. So it just tells you that even though the mainstream media is going to tell you that the liberals are in charge, that everybody loves, you know, Kamala Harris and progressiveness, that's not the case. There's been a major shift and it's really in the conservative shavor right now.
Speaker 3: Well, those figures on who's best for the economy are just overwhelmingly leaning Donald Trump's way, and he's had some good data recently. Inflation is down, real wages are up, and the tariffs haven't been the disaster that we were told they were going to be. Just tell me how that's seen in the US right now, particularly the tariff policy, because obviously around the world we're very concerned about the tariffs.
Speaker 20: Well, of course, Rita and I try to talk to people that are in industries here in America, and the car business isn't hurting that bad. But you know where I've heard is hurting so far is Las Vegas.
Speaker 8: They've lost a little bit of their international travelers, and so they said, I swear Rita, that's what they said.
Speaker 20: They said, Las Vegas is down a little bit right now, but other than that, the economy is pretty good, and if Las Vegas is down, it's probably better for society if you ask me.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got some more good news with a big drop in fentanyl crossing the border.
Speaker 2: Washington Post calls.
Speaker 3: It mysterious, this drop, but I don't think, alex it is all that mysterious, and it's certainly going to save many, many lives.
Speaker 20: Reader doesn't it make you sick how they can just pretend to be so naive. I mean, just the fact that Donald Trump was able to shut down the border in one day and make our country infinitely more safe when it comes to all of the drugs in fentanyl, and not only fentanyl, cocaine, meth amphetamines, all kinds of drugs that are being you know, just taken into our country by coyotes. So this is not a hard problem to solve, and Donald Trump basically solved it, and for them to try to placate it like it's some sort of mystery, it just shows you how dumb the mainstream media really is. And no offense the people the Sky News are great, they are not so much.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: We call it the leftist mainstream media. It's Donald trumpet any credit at all. We know they hate him, and it's just relentless negative coverage of all things Trump. But for things like the border and you know, the fentanel numbers dropping the economy, is there any credit going the Trump administration's way yet?
Speaker 20: Seriously, the only complaint that I have seen in Trump's administration right now, because you know, I go to these college campuses and I debate is the deportation of Abrego Garcia, and honestly, a Brego Garcia, the Trump administration. You know, they admit that they didn't give him fully due process, but he came here illegally, so he got kicked out illegally. And that's one person that's not the overwhelming majority of you know, the situations when it comes to deporting people. So other than that, I mean, when it comes to the economy, when it comes to January sixth, when it just comes to the overall you know, feelings that people have, when it comes to our safety and especially our geopolitical relationships. You know, people who have never been more satisfied than in the past four years than we are today, especially under you know, Joe Biden, sleepy, Joe alex Stein.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your time, and that's all the time we have. I'll see you tomorrow at eleven. Newsnight is up next