Speaker 1: Apologee Production.
Speaker 2: I need your advice.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? What happened?
Speaker 2: Promise it won't be too much.
Speaker 1: Bring it in.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our Bestie segment. This is the place for you.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Welcome back to another episode of She Rises.
Speaker 2: Today's going to look a little different.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. This is our first time we've uploaded for a Tuesday, first Tuesday episode. Welcome to four times a week, She Rises. Being in your ears and we could be more excited.
Speaker 2: We're going to be more excited.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: This is our Bestie segment. Bestie advice from us and yours. Truly, we have wanted to do this. We've gotten so many messages from you guys in our anonymous obmission and it's all been advice on different things that you guys are struggling with and things that you're really needing like bestie, big sister kind of advice for so you ask can we listen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So it kind of was born through Africa Friday segment. You found a lot of the submissions that were coming through were not so much the freaky stories. It was more help me. Yeah, what do you guys think of this? I don't have friends, I can talk to I want a different perspective. Am I blind? Am I clouded? Can you let me know what you guys would do in this situation? It was a lot of advice. And we're in trackies. We always want you guys to feel like you're sitting on the couch with us. And this is the kind of advice that if we were in this situation, this is what we would tell each other. We're not claiming that we're qualified psychologists or that you shouldn't do as we say. Take it with a grain of salt. It's as if we were talking to each other. This is how we would help each other and what we would advise. So it's raw, it's honest and real. It's real. It's like your best the advice. Yeah, so his Today's first episode.
Speaker 3: Day's first episode for the best the Advice is a really big story. So let's get into it, shall we. The love of my life has genital herpes, think provide a man prioritizes self development, CEO and one one hundred percent sure of me in our future. He's beautiful to look at, although I wouldn't be with him if it wasn't for his soul. He disclosed he had it before we were intimate, and told me he had unintentionally transmitted it to his ex whilst on anti virals. She knew the risks and wanted to stop wearing condoms. We had been together for two and a half years now and planning marriage and kids, but in order for me to not get it, he takes antivirals most days and we use a condom at my request every time. I absolutely hate it and it kills the spontaneity, but I never want to get herpes. His outbreaks are mild and a few red spots on the tip of his knob. They are smaller than a freckle, but apparently women get it way worse. Obviously, this thought runs through my mind that I'd be ashamed if we broke up also to disclose something so stigmatized, and that also shows up uniquely for everyone. But the root of me not wanting it is more about my health and comfort. He will take antivirals every day, but there's a small risk of transmitting it like he did with his ex. However, he admitted he was more forgetful with the meds as he didn't realize skipping a few days or two would make a difference, or do we just use condoms forever? Breaking up isn't an option. This man is my soul, my a king in every way. We already discussed options for kids, and we agreed he can come into a funnel to avoid contact. Lol. This feels scary to even say anonymously. It's not something I can talk to many people about as I don't want to share his info. It's such a hush topic. Would you risk getting herpes and having to take the daily antiviral so you wouldn't get symptoms to be with the man? Or would you wear a condom every time?
Speaker 1: Wow? Thank you firstly for being so open and vulnerable. And I'm so sorry that you don't have anyone to talk to about this because this is something that is.
Speaker 3: So stigmatized, so stigmatize heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean straight away. My first response is like, I wouldn't want to wear condoms for the rest of my life and I wouldn't even consider leaving. Yeah, he sounds like an incredible man and him having herpes does not define him at all, And you guys have a beautiful relationship Like that's an easy answer for me. You stay and you hold on to that man. You love the shit out of him for who he is, not for something that he caught off someone.
Speaker 3: And if it's something that you know that breaking up is not an option, you know that this is your man, this is the man that you're choosing to be with.
Speaker 2: It's exploring the options.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's condoms right now, and then it's antivirals later, or it's antivirals now and then you you know, after a certain amount of time, or you feel more certain of the relationship and you know time has gone on, then having that conversation again around Okay, do we get rid of the condoms? Now?
Speaker 2: Do we keep the antivirals?
Speaker 3: Like, there's so many things that you guys can consider within that based on your level of comfort, of course, yeah, but also as well, I know there's a lot of stigma around stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But it's also it doesn't change who you are.
Speaker 3: No, like, think about who you are as a person day to day. Does it change who he is? No? Does it change how much he matters to you? Does it change the qualities about him, how much he makes you smile and laugh, and how hard he loves on you. Because the reality of it is, if it doesn't change your life in any way, Like, it doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. And even if you were to get it, let's just say you did. It's not ideal for sure. I'm sure it's uncomfortable. It's not going to change your guys' relationship. No, No, still who you are. It's like when someone gets a could sal. Yeah, why is that not stigmatized? Yeah, that's not even a conversation. It's like, oh, I've got a coal sal. I got this, but it's so stigmatized to be down there. But what you said, I don't know how to say any better. It doesn't change the man that he is. So I would be staying one hundred percent. That wouldn't even be a consideration for me.
Speaker 3: And I think the question as well was like, would you risk getting hopes in taking the antivirals or would you just wear a condom every time? I don't personally wouldn't want to wear condoms every time we move half partner because I think that would just become annoying.
Speaker 1: I don't know. For me, it feels a bit disconnecting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it desensitizes things and it does.
Speaker 1: Break the vibe sometimes like a mood in the spontaneity, like she said, but she is so true obviously. Values.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that antivirals would probably be the direction. But if I'm thinking like long term, it me personally, I don't like taking medication and stuff like that, so I think it would be like a, well, eventually, if we're going to stay again, then it doesn't matter. Yeah, you know, but it just depends on where you're at and how you feel about it. But I just I want you to know there's nothing that you need to be shameful of around or this situation, because it's like, you love that person and you know what, it doesn't mean anything about him.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not. And like wholesals on the lips, they are bought out via stress, Yeah, by not getting enough sleep, by too much sugar, by not taking care of yourself. Like you can also really focus on your health as well to limit the breakouts, which I'm sure he does as well, which he sounds like a very conscious man. I'm sure he's doing all of that as well. I don't know about the worse for females to males. I'm not sure is that true.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure, Like fifty percent of the population have hurt bees. Oh I didn't know one talks about it because it's so stigmatized.
Speaker 1: You be surprised. Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Thank you for bringing this in here, And I just want you to know if you ever need any additional support, just send us the DM because I know, like it can be super isolating to go through something alone.
Speaker 1: And I can stay in the volt I know you don't wan anyone knowing, but like, if you come to us, be here for you, and it would stay in the vault because you don't need to go through this alone. And I understand you might want to tell close people because it's also his life and his Yeah, you mightn't want your friends knowing the poor thing too. He's probably feeling a lot of shame. Yeah, that would have been so hard for him to tell you and open up to you. And I'm so glad he did because that's so respectful and it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: He gave you the option.
Speaker 1: He just sounds like a fucking incredible man. Honestly, I wouldn't be looking straight past that personally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would too, you know what, Like the love, I think it's really rare these days to find really good relationships and not rare, but like that, the pool is smaller, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Pool is smaller feeling it.
Speaker 3: The pool is smaller of like the quality of men that you find. And if you feel like this is your person, don't let something like this stop you from like living out the love story that you do deserve to get to have. And it, honestly, I reckon it's something like this. Being able to overcome this would be something that would bring you guys so much closer together.
Speaker 1: You've literally got what most girls are dreaming about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: Like everything you've mentioned, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like tick tick tick tick that most of us and you know what as well as it like, you know, is it genuinely something about the relationship where you're like, oh, there's something rocky here or is it just the stigma and just the all?
Speaker 2: But if people found out, what would they think?
Speaker 1: And the fear of the discomfidence unknown for you, I suppose too, is what it would feel like to have that and the emotions that would go through processing that you had that, because it is something that you can't get rid of. So I totally understand that fear but there's just so much more in this for you that's so much more.
Speaker 2: Beautiful that overrides that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think this is one of those things as well as like you don't never want to get to the end of your life and go fuck, I didn't choose the man of my dreams because of this one thing, or I decided to not go all in just because I was afraid, Like you never want to get to the end of your life and think I didn't do what I wanted to do because I was scared. Like it's just never worth it. It's always worth taking the risk, and if it didn't work out, then, you know, but at least you can say at the end of the day that you tried and you gave it all.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I really hope that helps you need to wed love on you so hard, on you a lot for sure. And your man, we love him so epic.
Speaker 2: He sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us for our very first best segment. If you have something that you would like an outside perspective or any advice, the anonymous submission form is in the box below and also always accessible in our forum and on our Instagram bio. So we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to have you again.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,