Speaker 1: On scars Ostrodio. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panety Show. Coming up tonight, Queensland Premier Stephen Miles blames reckless Queensland drivers for the state's hospital crisis. Peter Dutton announces these seven Sides, where the Coalition is proposing to establish nuclear reactors. The always insightful Ralph Scholhammer joins me to discuss Europe's swing to the right and why Italy's Georgia Maloney has emerged as the region's strongest leader.
Speaker 3: Mi Horowitz will be here to discuss Lefty's.
Speaker 2: Losing it, including the usual unhinged scare mongering about climate collapse from MSNBC, the.
Speaker 4: Lucrative politics of climate collapse, and the greed that is literally letting our country burn.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave. Gary, a top medical boss in Jeansland, has rubbish claims from Premier Stephen Miles that careless drivers were choking up hospitals and putting pressure on healthcare. Miles on Saturday claim the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital was forced to cancel surgeries due to a surge in road related trauma cases thanks to careless Queensland drivers.
Speaker 3: That's a new one from Smiley. I've got to say that.
Speaker 2: But whether it's careless drivers or whether it's a respiratory issue, whatever the causes, surely you can't be blaming the patients. The fact is Labour's been in power up there for around the decade and if the Queensland health system is in trouble, it's on the Labor government.
Speaker 1: Well, let's face it, Rita.
Speaker 5: Just like in Yes, Minister, the most efficient hospital in Queensland is the one with no patients. But look, it's pretty bad look from Stephen Miles, given that we've had some horrific, horrific acts and so on some of our rubbish Queensland roads, particularly in regional Queensland. In the last week, there's been about ten people die. Families have been ruined off the back of this, So for him to now throw that sort of stuff into the mix of it is just horrendous. The simple point here is there's more people in the Queensland Health Department in inner city buildings carrying clipboards and coming up with new forms, fees and directions and plans for inspections than there are people giving that patient caregiver kind of task. And so we just need more nurses, we need more doctors. We need to be deliberately hiring people to do that. We need people who are in the maintenance teams at our hospitals. We don't need as many bureaucrats as we've currently gotten. This bloke's a former health minister, and our health departments are choking, just like they are all around Australia. And people vote Labor because I actually think they're good on things like public health. There mob a completely rubbish because what they do is they hire a whole battalion of bureaucrats and then the left over money trickles down to where the patient needs the help. That's your problem. That is the problem, full stop. And he is just kidding himself. And I think it's disgusting. Given the number of deaths that have been on Queensland roads over the last couple of weeks, it's disgusting he should bring such things into the mix.
Speaker 2: Well, the situation is pretty grim in Victoria as well. We've got a paramedic crisis down here and parents of a four year old child who wasn't breathing were forced to drive themselves drive this child to a hospital after being told the nearest ambulance was fifty kilometers away. This wasn't Gary in some regional, far flung area. It happened in metropolitan Melbourne in the early hours of Monday morning.
Speaker 3: When they called.
Speaker 2: A fleet, availability across the entire ambulance network in Melbourne had dropped to just one percent, prompting a code. I mean, just this a nightmare for a parent to have a child who is not breathing and you call an ambulance in a first world country and they're not going to be there.
Speaker 3: They're not going to be there because they're fifty kilometers away.
Speaker 2: They're not going to get there in time, and you've got to take that child into hospital yourself.
Speaker 3: It's just not good enough. Given the amount of money.
Speaker 2: We have devoted to this sector, there is so much mismanagement.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, and thousands of healthcare professionals have been purged out of our state health systems as a result of the overreach during the COVID crisis, the crisis that we now know more manufactured by government than in reality. Thousands of people put purged out of the system, and people don't trust the system anymore. Look, and it's bad enough that I couldn't imagine the dreadful stress of a parent worried about a child. But for those of us who've got elderly family members, parents and so forth, I can attest to a fifteen hour wait to get an ambulance in the middle of suburban brisb and not so long ago, fifteen hours, fifteen hours reader, and they just kept bringing saying, oh, was he okay? Is he's still alive? It's like this just is not the way it should work. The basics are not being done, but the bureaucracy is being built. The burgeoning bureaucracy is what's soaking up all of the tax dollars that are going into things like health.
Speaker 2: And we've got down here in Victoria paramedics graduating and not finding jobs locally, having to go elsewhere to get jobs ridiculous. And then we've got ridiculous because we've got the cfm AU getting a twenty.
Speaker 3: Percent pay deal increasy.
Speaker 2: You've got people holding up stop signs earning two hundred thousand plus, and yet the paramedics who earn a fraction of that aren't even getting the jobs.
Speaker 3: It is madness. It needs to change.
Speaker 2: But when you don't have a competent opposition, the people really don't have much of a choice. Now, the Coalition federally is planning to build a two nuclear power plan in regional Queensland. Tot Apedadutton announced the locations for all seven sites where the Coalition is proposing to establish nuclear reactors and he attacked Anthony Alberize's lack of vision and the absurdity of the renewable only policy.
Speaker 6: The Prime Minister has no vision for our country because he can't manage the government day to day. We've done an enormous amount of work. I want to pay tribute to Ted O'Brien. We've looked at the international experience. We've looked at why Australians are paying the highest electricity prices in the world. We've looked at the expert advice from the regulator who's now telling us that under Labour's renewables only policy there is a greater likelihood of blackouts and brownouts. We know that the government has a renewables only policy which is just not fit for purpose. No other country in the world can keep the lights on twenty four to seven with the renewables only policy.
Speaker 2: But Gary, despite the majority of Australians now supporting nuclear policies inspired this scam mongering we're seeing because there is so much scam mongering from the media and all those.
Speaker 3: Sure rent seekers.
Speaker 2: The Queensland opposition leader is still insisting he's not going to support repealing these states nuclear bad.
Speaker 3: How is he determined to snatch.
Speaker 2: Defeat from the jaws of victory.
Speaker 3: What is happening up there?
Speaker 1: Well, times shall tell.
Speaker 5: And of course in a couple of weeks time there's a state conference of the Liberal National Party, so I guess there'll be a few comments about all of that. But look, in the end, Peter Duarton is showing the sort of leadership Australia desperately needs.
Speaker 1: Peter Dutton's putting forward a plan that says we.
Speaker 5: Don't need twenty eight thousand kilometers of duplication when it comes to all those high energy towers that.
Speaker 1: Dot across the countryside.
Speaker 5: Peter Duarton is saying that instead of taking up hundreds of thousands of hectares of land to put solar panels on top of good agricultural land, all we need is a couple of acres of land to build a nuclear power station next to an exist in culfide power station. He's also putting, in the words of David little Proud, the biggest single investment into the South burn at the area around king Arroy. That's more than just peanuts, king Roy. Let me tell you, the biggest single investment ever announced into the south Burnet has been announced as part of this whole plan. So this is about Some people don't understand it. They'll catch up to it, but it's about cheap, reliable base load power that's going to grow jobs. But I think the most telling part about what Dutton did today is he's not so much worried about his policy for the next election. He's thinking about the next generation and the generation after that and the one after that. He's talking eighty to one hundred years of certainty when it comes to our power prices and our reliability of our electricity. And frankly, given everything that's happening in the world, this is a national security task and it's not unreasonable that provincial leaders people in states take a little while to understand the broader world. Dutton's showing them the way. I'm sure they'll be on board. Don't you worry about.
Speaker 2: That you are being very generous and gentle with the Queensland opposition leader. I think it's absolutely disgraceful and weak for him not to just be on the same page as the federal Party and have a clear understanding of where this country is headed. And it's not any better down here in Victoria because the opposition leader here, John Pursuto, also weak, directionless and really isn't clear on where he stands in this area. Now tell you, Gary, I am liking the sound of Quantus under this new regime We've had the incoming chairman, John Mullen say corporates should not get involved in political agendas. The current chair Goydas, backed Alan Joyce's political activism all the way and talking about the form of CEO. Alan Joyce he may not receive his sixteen million dollar bonus, as the airline brings in a high profile consultancy chief to help decide whether a series of blunders mean this big bonus will be void. If it is granted, it means that Alan Joyce would have earned one hundred and seventy million dollars from Quantas over fifteen years. This could be a new Quantus that we are we see emerging.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Look, I am a unabas big fan of Quotas. I want Quotas to be the success it's been for one hundred years, safe airline, safest airline in the world and its actually the second oldest continuous airline in the world, and for good reason. And Alan Joyce has gone. Now, look, the short, medium, long term incentives that are built in the corporate Australia means that if you perform well, you'll get something after you've gone. Let's just see what this management consultant comes up with. But I think there's plenty of grief that Joyce has rightly got to be put through because frankly, as someone who buys a ticket on an aeroplane, I want to make sure that not much of my money is going to pay for bonuses to a bloke who actually caused more grief for a lot of people, a lot of people who lost jobs, a lot of people who were dismayed by the fact that ghost flights existed. All these things they're all on the table, and rightly so, so well done to mister Mullins. This is a new quantus and I hope it's an even better quantus because it's reputation solid, and if the reputation has been in the slightest bit damaged or tarnish, now's their opportunity to say so and deal with it Rita.
Speaker 1: So we'll watch with interest.
Speaker 3: And as someone who flies Quantus regularly, I would like to stop.
Speaker 2: Being welcomed to my own country and have all these exactly acknowledgment of country announcements that they.
Speaker 3: I didn't sign up for. That Just get me there on time, give me a snack, and we're all happy.
Speaker 2: Take on now, absolutely, let's talk about this Robert Irwin Pauline hansoon clash. Neither one is backing down after the TV star threatened legal action after being featured in the latest satirical cartoon series Please Explain, produced by the One Nation team.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at it.
Speaker 7: Oh, no blue racial division.
Speaker 8: But don't worry about that, because we've got some of the funnest theme parks right here in the state of Queen's Land.
Speaker 7: Check this here, Oh, this must be the line for Warner Brothers movie. Will Now, this is a rental inspection for a one veteran Rockhampton More mistake Blue, Wait you see the great barrier reef all this beautiful, pristine rainforest here in Columbon.
Speaker 9: You know, some people think they're yeshores.
Speaker 7: But I think they're pretty cool. I Blue, Oh, crok, Look over there, that's a castle. Wearies and a wedge told Eagle, Hey, don't worry about that habitat being destroyed. Blue, We've got so much more to see here in the state of Queen's Land.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in the land cruiser.
Speaker 7: Or no blueing juvenile delinquents s they've knocked off the land cruiser.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: Robert Owen's lawyer says the cartoon defames Robert with unauthorized and deceptive use of his image. It's a political satire. It's a cartoon and it's pretty funny if you ask me. Pauline Hansen says Robert should lighten up and have a good laugh. And now there's this video that has emerged. It wasn't too long ago when Robert was saying pretty much the same thing as Pauline saying.
Speaker 11: It's being able to laugh at yourself as well, it's being able to go. You know, that's the fluff, that's the opinionated stuff. People will always have their point of view.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Peter Ford for unearthing that interview from twenty twenty two, Gary, how.
Speaker 3: Do you see this dispute? Give us your verdict in twenty seconds?
Speaker 5: I laugh at myself often Robert Owen should do that. Is only a young bloke, and I guess that now that he's been fronting the Queensland government out, I guess he's got to be good to his corporate sponsors.
Speaker 1: I think this is a storm and a teacup.
Speaker 5: But boy, about five million people have watched the clip because of his anger about it.
Speaker 3: Well done, Robert, exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the striisand effect in full force. Gary Hardgrave, thank you for your time this evening. Joining me now is academic and author Ralph Scholhammer, also columnist at the Brussels Signal. Ralph, the president of France's National Rally Party, which is soaring in the polls, has slammed the comments of star soccer player Killian Buppe, who has urged voters not to back what he calls far right parties in the snap parliamentary elections called by Emmanuel mccron. He is one of more than two hundred French athletes and celebrities who have signed an open letter telling voters to reject the far right. Jordan Bardella has said, I'm a little embarrassed to say these athletes give lessons to people you can no longer make ends made, who no longer feel safe, who do not have the chance to live in the neighborhoods overprotected by security agents. What do you make of this intervention by a soccer superstar and all those other celebrities. Will it have any sort of an impact on the French public?
Speaker 12: Well, you put me in a very uncomfortable position here because the Austrian team lost against the Pace team just a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 9: So who Clearly I am.
Speaker 12: Biased against the French soccer players, regardless of what they say.
Speaker 9: No, but I think you're absolutely right in analysis.
Speaker 12: I mean, I take it like the Romans, Like the Romans didn't care about the political views of their actors and decladiators, and basically celebrities and athletes are modern day actress and gladiators, and we shouldn't care too much about what they say. The national rally at the European Parliamentary elections, they want ninety three of a ninety three percent of all the electoral district in France, and that tells you where the French public stands, with the exception of Paris. Basically they are the ruling the land already. When it comes to two poles as well, we'll see if they can pull the same thing off on June third and July seventh with de parliamentary elections.
Speaker 9: But it doesn't matter to people anymore. Most people are annoyed by this.
Speaker 12: I think people can distinguish between I like soccer and I like to make ends made, and these things very often do not overlap.
Speaker 9: We see it, by the way, also in the United States, people still like Hollywood actors.
Speaker 12: But when Joe Biden mingles with these celebrities and gets the endorsement of Julia Roberts, George Clooney, and Robert de Niro, nobody sits at home and says, oh my god. Robert de Niro says, I have to vote for Joe Biden. I immediately change all my opinions. This is an illusion that many politicians have because they are very often caught in their own kind of you know, celebrity obsession that most people don't have.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: We saw it right here in Australia with the Voice referendum, where we had the awarding stars, the celebrities, all the big corporates, all of them backing the Yes side, and it was trunced quite comprehensively in the national vote. Now, the leader of France's national rally party, Marine Lipen, is being credited as the force behind the once fringe party now standing on the brink of power after they made enormous gains in the EU elections. President Emmanuel Macron was spooked into calling a snap election. Was that a massive miscalculation on his part?
Speaker 3: Ralph?
Speaker 12: Yes, I think so, And if you look at Macross's career so far, I think he has calculated quite a bit.
Speaker 9: Over the last seven years that he's been in office.
Speaker 12: There's this weird idea that are headlines in the Economist at the Financial time. So this is a four D chess move by Macron and another brilliant strategy by MacRath. I mean, I just want to remind everyone Macross started as a popular politician and is now a very unpopular politician. So I don't really get where all he's supposed a brilliant moves are coming from. This is again a delusion that the media continues to tell us. It's a little bit like with Joe Biden when they say sure, sure, he seems frail and out of it in public, but behind closed doors he's like sharp and super smart.
Speaker 9: No, but Crow is exactly how you see him.
Speaker 12: He's a again, he's not, let's put it this way, he knows how to present himself like Visually he's very appealing, but as a politician, I would say he's kind of moved.
Speaker 9: From one blunder to the next.
Speaker 12: None of his reform projects, from the pension to the Ukraine policy, he was capable of taking the French people with him and that's one.
Speaker 9: Of the most important things.
Speaker 12: And Lepen for her part, like Milonia, I have to admit, the face of the European right, or the competent European right, seems to be female. I'm deeply impressed both with the way in which he changed the National rally, which once was upon arsenal of her father, who was in many ways in the U Nazi.
Speaker 9: I think that's not an exaggeration.
Speaker 12: She really made it, on the one hand, a respectable party, but I think she's still stuck to the issues that are important for the people and that make it the right wing party, Like on immigration, and we see the same in Italy with Maloney. I mean, just as a reminder, right, remember when Maloney was ported into office. She's a fascist and she will lead Italy over a cliff. And you know what's going to happen that the cast catastrophe is upon us. And now remember just a couple of weeks ago, a few days actually ago, the G seven meeting, I mean, the G seven meeting basically was like an episode out of The Walking Dead, with one exception, which was Georgia Maloney McCraw on on his last legs right, justin Trudeau, but with Joe Biden, manam. It's not just metaphorically, it's almost literally the Walking Dead. And pretty much every politician, with the exception of Maloney, is deeply unpopular in their own country except her.
Speaker 9: Of all the European politicians that.
Speaker 12: Actually won during the European elections, Maloney was the only incumbent who could gain votes and was not an opposition party.
Speaker 9: She's doing a great job.
Speaker 12: I know she's often criticized from the right that she's not moving fast enough and far enough, but I think she's playing a long game.
Speaker 9: Just lupendit.
Speaker 12: I think they are doing something that's very rude, and I wish them all the best.
Speaker 2: And you were one hundred percent right about the way the media misrepresented her when she first came to power.
Speaker 3: She was called a fascist, far right.
Speaker 2: A danger to democracy, so much hyperbole around her election, and she has emerged, as you've explained, one of the strongest and most popular leaders now. And I was also interested in how she greeted the different world leaders. She's not shy about expressing how she feels about them, whether she likes them, like if it's the Argentinian leader, Harve Milay, she's obviously a fan the Indian leader. And then when she was seeing some of the politicians she wasn't fond of, she could not hide her disdain.
Speaker 3: Clearly Maloney is not.
Speaker 2: An enormous fan of Brazil there as you can see. And I think she saved her greatest sustain for Emmanuel mccron.
Speaker 3: She has had ongoing issues with him, but she's going to have the.
Speaker 2: Final laugh, Ralph, because mccron is in all sorts of trouble as many leaders she greeted during the j seven, but she's likely to be there for some time, I hope so.
Speaker 9: And one is to say, right, this is Italy.
Speaker 12: Italy has been a notoriously difficult country to govern, and they never or barely ever had a government making it through the entire legislative period without having it it crumble or collapse. And she's doing a fantastic job. Right She's in a coalition government. So this is always what I tell the critics of her is do you think she's kind of She's not like the American president like she has to keep a coalition together and to govern. So this is very difficult unless you correctly pointed out. She distinguishes I think very well on the global stage which world leaders are pro Western and which leaders are not, which is why she gets along well with me Lee, and which is why she's critical Lula for example.
Speaker 9: And the absurdity that.
Speaker 12: We have in Western politics, right, well, we admire somebody like Lula who is absolutely ampty Western in his outlook, but we criticize somebody like Milae who wants to be a pro Western politician.
Speaker 9: It's completely absurd.
Speaker 12: So this kind of self hates that we see in Western societies as well, for example with the pro Palestine demonstrations, also has infected higher politics.
Speaker 9: That is a major issue, and I think she understands it. I think that Lepen understands it in a way that.
Speaker 12: Macau or Suna simply do not grasp what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Now, going back to France, there was a march against the far right, as a left call it. It took place in Paris over the way Ken, but it seemed to be more like a march against France, against the Western civilization. There wasn't too many French flags, I can say, there, but plenty of Palestinian flags, kafirs and science calling for Intafada ralph this was like a commercial for the national rally. I think they'd be quite happy to see this sort of footage going around the world.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 12: And I think that ultimately this could also help her because there is a growing impression also. I believe in the United States and I think also partially in Australia that the left tends to be for everything that's not the West.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter what the idea is.
Speaker 12: And I think you see this if you take a close loot right it's green policies are anti civilizational policies.
Speaker 9: You see the pro Palestinian.
Speaker 12: Stance and anti Israel stands is basically an anti West and anti civilizational stance, and you see this in all these areas.
Speaker 9: And I think that gradually people are waking up to this.
Speaker 12: Originally they really thought that the left is concerned with the cause right, the environment, the plight of the Palestinians, you know, the plight of migrants.
Speaker 9: But the closer look, these are just projections.
Speaker 12: What they're really interested is is to always take the position that whatever is against the West is the site they are with. And the argument, of course, as many have explained on your explained on your show, that the essence of vokeness right, it's always the oppressor versus the oppressed, and there is not a single scenario in which the West is not the oppressor. So whoever is on the other side, even if it's Hamas right, they.
Speaker 9: Must be the good guys.
Speaker 12: And I mean, first of all, I think it's wrong, and I'm glad to see that more and more people wake up to this. And I just fear, there's all of the biggest fear that once again the media will accomplish two blackmail people not voting into parties that take a pro Western stance. This is the only fear I have because as you correctly pointed out, originally right, and they're already jumping in this hyper gear. Also in the United States, also in Australia. It's the far right, it's the radical right, it's the extreme right. But if you look at their positions, their positions are the same positions that are common sense person you know is having today or would have had.
Speaker 9: Thirty years ago.
Speaker 12: I mean, the basically sounds like the goal Faraj pretty much sounds like like in the well he talks differently about.
Speaker 9: His positions are basically Churchill's positions. So none of this is completely out of the extranory.
Speaker 12: But we have moved the cultural and academic institutions so far to the left that everything for them seems to be the far right, and the media, unfortunately is part of that of the viewpoint. So they think that everybody who's just slightly right off the Greens must be a radical right winger, and it's very, very difficult to fight against this.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's the media. It's a big part of the problem. And also that institutional power that has been corrupted by the left, and it started in academia, but it's gone much dafer than that. Ralph Sholhanna, thank you so much for your time this.
Speaker 9: Evening, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: And coming up.
Speaker 2: Next, Letty's Losing It and Jerry Snfel's latest show.
Speaker 3: Interrupted by protesters yet again. What did he say to them? I'll have that next.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. Now it's time for lefties losing it. And he wasn't just President Joe Barden embarrassing himself at a big LA fundraiser with the Hollywood elite. The talent on the night also tainted their good names, including funny man Jack Black, who seems to have lost his mojo. Get ready to cringe, folks.
Speaker 13: But my president needs me, thank you. And then they hit me with the big one. They said, Jack, you can't go. You have nothing to wear.
Speaker 10: Your good suit is in the cleaners.
Speaker 13: Well were they wrong? Because I had this to wear, my kick ass American flag overalls, most patriotic outfit of all times. Not shut him up. There wasn't much they could say after that. And when the president wins in November, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a sweet shout out in his victory speech for what I gave up to be here, Because when democracy is at stake, Jack Black answers the.
Speaker 3: Call, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed for him too, and I want to make it clear that was the best he had that night. That was the highlight of his routine.
Speaker 3: That was the bit that Jack Black himself promoted on social media.
Speaker 2: Goodness may now some breaking news from Joy read considered by many the looniest of lefties at MSNBC, and that is no small fate.
Speaker 3: Here is Joy discovering.
Speaker 2: That summer is actually hot. Next you'll tell me water is wet.
Speaker 4: Of climate collapse and the greed that is literally letting our country burn. Today, millions of Americans from Iowa to Maine are suffering through heat warnings, watches, or advisories. Cities across half of the country, like Chicago, Saint Louis and Indianapolis, Detroit, Philly, and now New York are hitting temperatures exceeding ninety degrees fahrenheit, though it feels closer to one hundred. Many of these cities could experience heat indexes hitting one hundred and five degrees by Sunday. These increasingly oppressive hot days aren't a coincidence. They aren't They are the predictable impact of a climate crisis. And they're not just an inconvenience, they're also killing us.
Speaker 2: It's literally summer tomorrow in America ninety degrees fahrenheit. That's thirty two degrees celsius for everywhere else in the world. That's delightful weather. I don't know how that's deadly or an inconvenience.
Speaker 3: Get a grip.
Speaker 2: Joy From one unhinged joy to another, let's hear from the views. Joy Beja talking with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow at they both share this fever dream about Trump coming to get them.
Speaker 14: So you said recently that you thought that you, as an outspoken critic, could be a target yourself. Some people think that sounds over dramatic, but I'm right there with you. I think that he is so vindictive that he will go after however he has to do the irs maybe or even I mean through sponsors, to get us off the air. Maybe you are you how seriously should we be taking that?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 2: If Trump can promise that, if elected, he will remove Rachel Matter and Joey Beha from the airwaves, then he.
Speaker 3: May justus win every state.
Speaker 2: Now, let's have a good laugh with this card dealer from Louisiana who has saved his business via social media. How well he mocks fame seeking social media, influences online and manages to sell cars. Let's have a look at how Doug Townsend does it.
Speaker 12: I really don't.
Speaker 9: It's gotten into me recently. Not nutrition.
Speaker 15: Hey we got a twenty four Willies just came in Comala.
Speaker 1: Real so nice wing.
Speaker 12: In on.
Speaker 15: Bro grinder is rocket these days?
Speaker 3: Look you on the nine anyway?
Speaker 15: Hey we got a twenty five ram fifteen hundred sst can't get it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to know who I date, who I go with?
Speaker 15: Nope, but I think you think you're black. Hey we got a twenty five sst Ram truck. Come holla.
Speaker 9: I want to sub me too.
Speaker 10: I want to suck me too.
Speaker 15: My baby Mama's Grandma's got a fast than you.
Speaker 1: You should take that thing and just.
Speaker 15: Go park it somewhere else. Hey, we got a twenty four deep Gladiator.
Speaker 2: Now, while don't Trump speaks about the senseless murder of a mother of five by an illegal immigrant, what is the Biden administration borders? Ur Kamala Harris up to.
Speaker 16: Talk?
Speaker 2: Yes, the Vice President is busy welcoming the cast of Queeri to the White House. Meanwhile, the border crisis continues, got illegal immigrants committing unspeakable crimes. We've got more than two million a year crossing the southern border illegally. Joining me now is a journalist and filmmaker, Army Horoiz.
Speaker 3: Army.
Speaker 2: We're not just talking about isolated cases here. I know there's some cases that receive a great deal of media coverage, But in twenty twenty three alone, there were seventy three thousand non citizens arrested for crimes. Now, of course, not all of them are illegal immigrants, but when you've had more than seven million cross illegally during Biden's term, you'd expect the borders are to be a little bit more focused on her job. But this is something that she was charged with some time ago. I don't even know how many times she's been down to that southern border.
Speaker 10: Look there, Bikeen is so bad at this.
Speaker 8: I mean again, this is the number one issue in the country, one or two based on polling, and they are completely failing on this. Look, this whole idea that they're trying to shift the blame to Republicans is total insanity.
Speaker 10: His dog won't hunt.
Speaker 8: Yes, for three years, they did nothing and then in the fourth year and they realize they're down the polls. All of a sudden, he found the ability to do the executive order. All of a sudden, he said, heyts negotiate dealer Republicans. Nobody believes that.
Speaker 10: Now. Of course, if it was jet look the thing that's crazy.
Speaker 8: He's like, I don't need to care about the border, but just for self preservation. Look this whole think about the the the people across the border. Ten people from Tajikistan who were trying to commit terrorist attacks. Three of them came through ports of entry. And they said, but hey, but they were vetted. You mean you were lying on records from tie Jikie's stand. That's how this thing works. That's how you're saying, we're going to vet these people coming through. I mean, it is unbelievable. Could you imagine what would happen if they actually committed a terrorist attack? This election would be over just based on that. I know, it doesn't care about the border, the protection of Americans. Based on that, dude, you got to stop these guys from coming in.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's not a priority. Quite clearly. I want to ask you about Hollywood.
Speaker 2: And its reaction to the ongoing Israeli Hamas war. Actor John Cusack is the latest Hollywood star to pedal October seven conspiracy theories. I don't know what else we can call this is is tweeting and retweeting all sorts of anti Israeli nonsense, including this from an activist who says Israel killed many, if not most, of its own people on October seven.
Speaker 3: What do you say to that army?
Speaker 8: This is a particularly sad story for me, Riader, because John Cusack was a fixture of my childhood and it's sad to see how this guy has degraded himself, not just on Israel, but he's a crazy leftist across the board. Now look, yeah, because I did show prep for you mita right, So I actually went on the Internet and looked up John Cuzzack for the News, and the number one article by John Cusack was out. He didn't get what he wanted in the movie High Fidelity. The problem is, first of all, exemplifies a couple of problems. One is a problem with the left when it comes to Israel. Right, he's a man in the left. He said he won't talk to anybody in his family who are supports of Trump, and this is what you get on the hard left, this anti Israel and frankly and Semitic conspiracy theories. But the bigger problem is that they're not covering this. This is not being covered by the mainstream media or pretty much anybody else. That's the major issue. This guy has a record, It's not one thing. This is a guy who has reposted the Hamas is created by Israel, that there were no rapes that happened on October seventh. This is the guy who's posted it was committing genocide. He reposted somebody tweeting how Ziona should all be killed. This guy is a crazy person that's not covered, but it was covered today with the fact tried to describe why he didn't rejoin Hot Tub time Machine number two.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the way in Hollywood, amongst the celebrity class, sporting stars, everybody, if they say something that's even slightly right of center, even if it's very much a mainstream opinion, like what JK. Rowling has said on trans issues, that are absolutely.
Speaker 3: Slandered by the media.
Speaker 2: There's one hundred news articles and columns about how terrible they are.
Speaker 3: But you can say any far left French.
Speaker 2: Dwelling comment and the media just look the other way.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because many of them agree with those points of view, but that is an issue, and I think that's why a lot of celebrities, Yeah, a lot of celebrities who don't feel that way just keep their mouths shut. Now we've got a big celebrity in Australia right now, Jerry Seinfeld is playing his shows across the country.
Speaker 3: I've played footage.
Speaker 2: Earlier in the week of the way he mocked an anti Israeli protester who disrupted a Sydney show, and it happened again. Pro Palestinian protesters again disrupted the Jewish Comics another show in Sydney, and again Jerry mocked them. But this time I've got to say he was a little bit more gentle.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look.
Speaker 9: You're getting them on your side, can you hear it?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 10: Yes, there's the police. You have.
Speaker 1: Feelings that you don't know where to stay them.
Speaker 9: Think that ruining the night? It doesn't affect me. All these people, you're ruining their nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ami, why do you think that targeting Jerry Seinfeld?
Speaker 3: I wonder what that could be.
Speaker 10: Hm.
Speaker 8: Let me try and figure this out. I don't know, because he's Jewish? Could that be it?
Speaker 10: He's a Jew?
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: Actually I like the fact that Zeienfeld doesn't let this go. He actually does go ahead and roast the protesters. You know, the protester was chanting from the river to the sea, and you know, he commented, Hey, you just solved the Middle Eastern problem, and I think I liked he Also he was able to curate his roasting based on the fact that you guys in Australia, and he said, why don't you guys figure out your aboriginal problem first before you try to attack Israel.
Speaker 10: No, I love that he went on the attack.
Speaker 8: But I think the funniest part of the whole thing but the protester waited until the show was just about done before he disrupted it, so we could watch Jerry Seinfeld before he was thrown out.
Speaker 2: Well, the cost of the tickets are not small, hundreds of dollars per ticket, so I guess if you're going to buy a ticket just to protest, you want to watch the show. But yeah, that was the one earlier in the week. But this has happened again last night's show, and again this time he roasted them, but I think it was a little bit more gentle than the first time. But the crowds certainly gave it to the protesters. They got roundly booed and escorted out very quickly by police.
Speaker 3: Now I want to ask you about Wikipedia before you go.
Speaker 2: Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that Wikipedia is not an unbiased platform. It often is not reliable or objective source of information, and that is also the case when it comes to Israel. Investigative journalist Aaron Bandler has written a piece about the seven tactics Wikipedia editors have used to spread anti Israel biased since October seven, including adding anti imperialism into her master's list of ideologies and removing anti Semitism. There's anti zionism they're but not anti Semitism. But this is a worry army because for a lot of people they trust Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: It's seen as a.
Speaker 2: Unbiased source of information, but often there is a lot of activism at work there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's deliberate obviously, the anti imperialism and removing any semitism. The antiperalism is because they're trying to actually lionize Hamas the left I mean this is this is. Wikipedia is also relied on hamas one numbers for Hami civilians were kilter obviously debunked that we and we all knew that they were not their own lives. They they didn't include October seventh as a list of major Islamic terrorist attacks, even though it was one of the largest Limic terrorist attacks. No, the Wikipedia problem reader is actually one of the biggest problems we have in our country. I know that sounds crazy, but you have to understand. Wikipedia is the first thing people go to, including myself, knowing that it's biased to get information on something. If you're looking up almost anything, It's on the top of the Google search list. Look, it is a found of all informations, the modern day library of Alexandria. And it is incredibly biased to the left. And we know, you know, I like to make things all about me and to give you example of that, look when they list Michael Moore, they list him as an American filmmaker, they list me, They listen to me as right wing filmmaker.
Speaker 10: I'm not even a I'm not a right wing person. I'm a very moderate person.
Speaker 8: I can go on nods about righting Wikipedia on my paage. So yeah, it's it is a significant problem that we have with information in our country and I don't know how it gets fixed.
Speaker 10: I don't think it does.
Speaker 2: Why I would I argue you Google is a bigger problem than Wikipedia because Google has got a virtual monopoly. It's how people find that information, whether they wanting to find a business or get an explanation on something or learn how to do something.
Speaker 3: You google it.
Speaker 2: It's a verb, and Google itself has got biases in its algorithms. Horowitz, always a pleasure, Thanks for your time this evening coming up next? Is this the final chapter for Lea Thomas. Stephanie Bastian joins me next, Welcome back. Joining me now is research fellow for the Women's Forum Australia, Stephanie Bastian.
Speaker 3: Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Let's start In Tasmania, the Health Minister there, Gay Barnett, is urging the federal government to hold a national review into public medical services for children with gender dysphoria after the UK's cast review found the science behind the services was severely lacking. He said a national review would allow consideration of all available evidence from across the country to ensure these services are best practice evidence based and that patience, safety and well being is paramount. Now, what are the chances that we will see a national review?
Speaker 16: Good evening, reader, and thank you for having me on tonight. I think at the moment it's very slim. Mark Butler, our Health Minister, seems to have his head in the sand. But I commend the Liberal Health Minister in Tasmania for coming out. They're the first party of government at a state level to acknowledge the findings of the CAST review, following on from Opposition leader Libby met him in Western Australia. The Coalition in Tasmania have conversion therapy laws on their table that include gender identity. Obviously, we know that gender identity is synonymous with gender dysphoria shouldn't be included in any form of conversion therapy laws. So I actually think it's probably in the Tasmanian government's best interest to try and hold a state inquiry before they passed those laws. Now, I recognize that they are in a minority government they may need to work with the cross bench on this one. However, I think it is really important that they do so before moving forward.
Speaker 2: Now, staying in Tasmania, Hobart City Council has apologized to Counselor Louise Elliot after she lodged a complaint with the Anti Discrimination Commissioner, alleging she was blocked from booking the town Hall for a women's rights and free speech forum back in September twenty twenty three. She claimed her request was leaked to an activist group by the Lord Mayor. The activists then led the City of Hobart's staff to believe the event was anti trans and that prompted them to block the booking. The Australian reveals several senior staff have now left the council since that scandal.
Speaker 3: Loise Elliot says she is pleased.
Speaker 2: The discrimination complaint has been resolved, adding the depth of the lying, scheming, gas lighting, privacy breaches and frustration of legal avenues and processes has been astounding and she has got email exchanges and all sorts of information that shows how this entire affair was conducted.
Speaker 16: Yes, well, congratulations to Luise Elliott. She's taken a strong stance and she has paved the way for other women to challenge the way that they're being treated on council. I mean, what an absolute disgrace by the Hobart City Council. They were found to have discriminated against her, they were lying, they were cohorting with outside the Tasmanian Equal Opportunity Commissioner. It is absolutely outrageous and they need a full and thorough investigation. But this is actually happening everywhere. That's happening in councils across in Victoria where women are being pushed aside by activists who think they're above the law and above the regulations, particularly in labour dominated councils in the western suburbs. Time and time again, these counselors and these councils working with the CEO are breaking the rules, breaking the law, and they need to be held accountable. We've got a clear cut example. I'm sure if we had widespread investigations we would see this happening everywhere. So I think it's time that we review the rules and make sure that they can't be exploited in this way, but also investigate to put an end to it, because it is just so unfair on these women, these mums who are putting their hand up to try and support their local community.
Speaker 2: And I do worry about how many women, how many counselors who feel this way not speaking up because they've seen the treatment that others have copped. And Louise has been very brave and she's courageously fought this battle. But a lot of people would be cowed into silence, but she won't be.
Speaker 3: She's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about transgender swimmer Lea Thomas, biological male identifying as female. He's lost his legal battle against the World Aquatics for a spot in elite female swimming competitions he was hoping to compete at the Paris Olympics later this year. The twenty five year old is still barred from swimming in elite female races, as the Court of Arbitration for Sport held up the ban on anyone who has undergone any part of male puberty from competing. Is this the end of this issue, Stephanie, as far as swimming is concerned and is going to have any impact on other sporting codes.
Speaker 16: I don't think it's quite the end of the road. Yet, he got his case thrown out because he wasn't a member of Swimming USA, so technically someone could join there and then launch another challenge. However, World Aquatics. We're willing to defend it based on the fact that they put their guidelines together on the best expert medical and scientific advice available. So I think the court still would have made a finding against him. It still can be challenged, however, I think also I support the call for him to hand back his medals because this has been outrageous against all the other female athletes. It is unfair that when you have males competing and taking their spots, the whole thing's a sham. So even if there are other challenges, I think they'll be shot down fairly quickly.
Speaker 2: Now, a transgender teen athlete is complaining to local newspapers that he was hurt that female runners that he beat because he is a male identifying as a female at a state track and field championship in Washington. While these girls were apparently not forthcoming with congratulations, they weren't being sufficiently supportive. Veronica Garcia told these Spokesman review I guess maybe I expected sports ship because I was cheering the rest of them on when they were called, so I guess I expected it to get reciprocated, but I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: Now, let's look at the winning time. Here.
Speaker 2: Veronica's winning time of fifty five point seventy five seconds in the women's four hundred meter was a full second quicker than the second place skeetter. But had this athlete been competing against the males, as I argue he should have been, he wouldn't even managed sixteenth place. I mean, that is how big the gap is, even at that level for young athletes.
Speaker 3: Stephanie, it is.
Speaker 2: That's why it is so grossly unfair, because we're talking about places in a state team's national teams, Olympic spots, but also at a lower level, scholarships and all sorts of other accolades that come with being great at sport.
Speaker 16: This this is emotional manipulation. Reader. Can you imagine how those female competitors are feeling as they watch him claim their titles. I'm sorry, it is not good enough. Don't come into women's sports and then be surprised when they're sitting there looking at you taking their titles.
Speaker 12: It's just not good enough.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Stephanie Bastian, thank you so much for your time this evening. That's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow