Speaker 1: Ad A lady ad A lady ad A lady ad, Lady unfiltered. Oh hi there, I'm Hailey and I'm Lauren, we'd lady unfiltered.
Speaker 2: We're bessies. We're business partners with the creators of Adelaidy.
Speaker 1: Hello, I say hey, Lossy Media, and we do everything together except bang, what a week?
Speaker 2: What a week? How are you? I don't like it when you ask me how we are, Like, how are you? We know that is the worst question. So how's everything going? How life going?
Speaker 1: Oh? Shut up, I don't care. No, I don't care what this is big for light. We've been you know, backstory. We this morning we were at Nova. We're doing an interview with Jodie and Hazy.
Speaker 2: We're together. We spoke on the way there.
Speaker 1: We spoke there at the radio station, and then we got our cars, drove to your house and spoke the whole way here.
Speaker 3: Because we literally speak twenty four seven And when I don't speak to you, I feel like there's something weird going there, Like we're fighting, yes, even though it's been like three hours. Like if you don't answer your phone in my who could you possibly be on the phone to?
Speaker 2: That's oh, I know you've got a husband. Wun. I hang up on everybody if you're calling to go, I know, and I'm calling even no reason whatsoever. So anyway, so i'd just like to hear breathe as a drive.
Speaker 1: We have a shopping list today, and one of them a bit nervous to talk about.
Speaker 2: In fact, sure.
Speaker 1: We're going to get a bad review from our mums for this, but let's dive in.
Speaker 3: Who gures all right, So we're gonna be talking about escaping death today, and then we're going to be talking about something that's just whack, and then we're going to be talking about the sandwich generation whack thing.
Speaker 1: We are sandwiching in the middle because hopefully it's you can digest it, and then we'll move on quite fast.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, and maybe our mums won't listen to the middle of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'd like to know their thoughts on it. Though it's pretty gross.
Speaker 3: I'll get the text straight away. That's disgusting. Wow, it is fanscusting.
Speaker 2: But we'll get to that soon. Let's start with that member of the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you know how I'm slightly crazy, slightly adhd and when I make it Minch, I do it quite quickly. So about nine days ago I decided I think I'm going to sell my house. Story I was like, I've had enough. I don't have a linen press, so I can't bring a baby into my house without a linen press. So I'm going to pack up my house and I'm going to sell it. And then the agent was like, you're about to have a baby in you know, like two months, Like are you okay with this? My yeah, I am. So anyway, Burger comes home, so we're selling our house. He goes, what a great idea. So that's great. So I cleaned everything, put everything in the shed. Within seven days on the weekend, I had people through my house. Within seven days, I had painters, cleaners, gardeners. The shed is so full. I said to the real estate agent, if anyone asked to look in the shed, don't let them because they may die because things may fall on them.
Speaker 2: As a few dead there, okay, and the bodies in there. And then you see me in.
Speaker 1: A video down the street going, oh my god, there's people coming to see my house. And it doesn't surprise me because when you put your mind to something, when we give you a goal. You fricking get there, I know.
Speaker 3: But it was also funny because you were like, you and I have the same brain and we're crazy. Whereas Jimmy brings you back to earth. Yeah, whereas berg and I my partner, Berga and I are the same.
Speaker 1: Do you know we spoke about you the other day because we're talking about this because I was like, I need someone to level me out. But you guys are both dopamine, Like that's how you act on everything.
Speaker 2: But and it was the same as when you got a dog.
Speaker 1: We did all this research into like where we get the dog from, and you know, you decided one morning, I'm going to get a dog, So you drove out to Port Agusta and picked a dog up from Macas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the it was literally like a drug dealer. I was like, well, here's two and a half grand cash. Let me count that out and I will be gone.
Speaker 2: I would be lost if I was with Burgo, because we're the same. I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: But do you know what also as well, on Saturday, after we cleaned the house, and he kept cursing me like he did because he's six five, He's cleaned every single window with squidges.
Speaker 2: Like we mopped the floor.
Speaker 3: We had to move all the pop plants, but because I'm pregnant, I can't do anything. So I'm like, you need to move that over there? Can you move that over there?
Speaker 2: Move that?
Speaker 3: So I'm just directing him and firing around and he's like, anyway, we did it all. The floor was still wet. As families are coming in like it was we literally fly by the seat of.
Speaker 2: Our pants and did you sell the house? No?
Speaker 3: So no one put in an office. So then I've gone, well, maybe we just won't sell.
Speaker 2: It's too hard. I just left my body.
Speaker 3: I was expecting someone to go, oh, buy it, and I'm like, okay, so it was worth like washing the floors and no one has.
Speaker 1: No Now do you know what, though, you've just cleaned your house out, you've decluded, You've forced yourself to do it, and now it looks really nice.
Speaker 2: And this is the sad part.
Speaker 1: When everyone sells your house, it never looks or feels better than the day that it goes up for sale. Why why don't we look.
Speaker 2: After it ourselves and make it look nice for us? Why don't we have to do it for someone else?
Speaker 3: We don't have time. But poor Sophia, She's like, can I play with my Barbie dreamhouse mates in the shed? You can't go in there? Can I play with my barbies? No, they're in the shed. Like She's literally like, can I play with the spoon from the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Is in the shed? I was going to put her in the shed? Okay, that's your men? You ready for my men? Yes? Go all right, it actually involves you.
Speaker 1: On a couple of weeks ago, we were at at lady slumber party. It was the best night ever. Two hundred and fifty women in a hotel dancing. The dance hall was going off by about six ten, right in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable. It was so fun.
Speaker 1: Now, the funny thing is, you broke a rule that I would have on a dance for.
Speaker 2: There's one thing that you don't do want to dance for, and you.
Speaker 1: Did it, and you tried to do it multiple times to did I really?
Speaker 2: Oh? What did I do? So we're dancing. I am slut dropping like a prayer.
Speaker 1: I am having so much fun. I am just dancing. I feel like I'm out of festival. I'm so happy, I've got all this like joy in me right and you start to have a serious conversation with me on a.
Speaker 2: Dance floor and I'm like, I was, I can't hear what?
Speaker 1: And you start telling me about this woman that we know that almost died.
Speaker 2: I needed to share it with you. Wait, I want a dance floor. Right now, I'm dancing.
Speaker 3: But if I don't tell you, then what am I going to tell you?
Speaker 1: You don't tell me on a dance floors, It's like your brain was like, it's in my brain.
Speaker 2: I have to tell her about that right now, Ian, Right now, we're on a dance floor dancing.
Speaker 3: When I find out something, I need to tell you straight away. That's why I call you about dumb things, because they come into my brain and if I don't tell you, I feel like I've.
Speaker 2: Lied to you.
Speaker 1: So the funny thing is, if you picture this, I'm on one side of the dance floor, you're on the other, and I can see your eyes and your eyebrows when you get concerned, go like full eyebrow concern.
Speaker 3: Well, I could never have botox. No, you couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: I need to see that face. But you come, you start coming towards me, and I'm like, she's got her sad eyes on. Oh God, what she gonna say? And then you started telling them. I'm like, let's just hold and tell me a second. But then you started again because like the next song started, the backstroke boys are starting, and you're like, so anyway, she almost died.
Speaker 2: I'm like, stop telling me this information. I went rude.
Speaker 3: All the nut pushes on it.
Speaker 2: That's our rain. My two rules on a dance floor.
Speaker 1: One you don't tell your friend a morbid story while you're on a dance floor.
Speaker 2: You just don't do a serious conversation. Wow.
Speaker 1: And two, you don't go on a dance floor, go to the bathroom, do a number two, and then come back to the dance floor, because that's gross too.
Speaker 2: There's always been my rules.
Speaker 3: What do you mean I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm was saying you do that. If you did that, I would fight you from being my friend. What do you mean you can't do a number two?
Speaker 1: You can't be on a dance floor like at a club and go to the toilet and do a number two and then go back.
Speaker 2: That's so crappy. What if you need to go to the toilet, you go home. That's your cue to go home. You you are out for what if it's seven o'clock of the night. You work so cooked. He's saying, it's okay to go to the club. I need to go. I need to go, and then I come back.
Speaker 3: Clubbing because I'm feeling three killers ladder.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how are we? You have the weirdest rules.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not allowed to talk about death and I'm not allowed to take shit.
Speaker 1: All right, we're about to talk about death. Are you ready to talk about this? I've got an amazing things so where you took your jacket off? Yeah, I'm getting hot and sweaty.
Speaker 3: I'm getting Oh my god, I'm getting so hot and sweaty.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I want to talk about you know, the movie Final Destination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've never seen it, but I'll pretend.
Speaker 2: Have you never seen no hat movies? Because I can't talk in that. Oh god. Devin Sawyer, the guy in it, his name's Devon. His name is Devon like the Fritz. We were all obsessed with him back in the day. But then you watch it as an adult and you're like, oh, yuh, why was I tracted to that guy? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Devon, if you're watching it's a bit offense, Devin.
Speaker 1: Okay, a few weeks ago it was Ann's ac Day, and obviously people were sharing stories about their grandpas and everything that they.
Speaker 2: Went to war.
Speaker 1: I found out something about my grandpa Bob, and I was like, oh my god, I wish he was still alive so I could talk to him about this. I never knew this, and this is amazing. Do you really want me to read something? I should I tell you the story. I might tell you the story because I'm not very good at reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just tell me. But it was documented. I will just have proof.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So my grandpa Bob and his brother Hugh were in the war, right, They went in the war together, and they were in New Guinea and they went.
Speaker 2: To separate little areas.
Speaker 1: One day, in the middle of the jungle, my grandpa and Hugh were on different trucks. They went past each other and they said, oh, mate, maybe mate. Hughes like, get in my truck, come with me. We're going over here. And his commander was like, oh, all right, you can go with him only because he's your brother. That's the only way you can swap trucks. So Bob, my grandpa got out of his truck, got into his brother, Hugh's truck, and they went off to fight. The truck that my grandpa was in about twenty minutes later was bombed by an American plane and ninety two people died. My grandpa was meant to die. He escaped death.
Speaker 2: Isn't that bizarre?
Speaker 3: And how old was he when he actually died?
Speaker 2: Eighty something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so his brother that just that like serendipity, that timing of seeing him and going oh, and the only reason he could swap trucks is because they were related. Everybody else in that truck had to stay, but Bob got out and got in with you, and he lived.
Speaker 3: He wasn't meant to die.
Speaker 2: It wasn't his time.
Speaker 1: So the thing with Final Destination, though if you haven't seen it, it's like nineties movie or whatever it is, it's all about escaping death. So it basically starts off with all these kids on a school camp and they go on this plane and then they get off the plane. Half of them get off the plane, and that plane goes down, and they were meant to be on the plane. So the whole concept is that fate is if you're meant If that's your time. Your time is up.
Speaker 2: You're meant to die. If you escape it, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to catch up to you. Death is going to chase you because you were meant to die that day.
Speaker 3: No, I see it as in like, it wasn't your time to die, so you're not going to die.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you can look at it it both ways. So I actually look at it at your way as well, going that's not my time. So I was never meant to die that stage. I'm meant to die when I'm ninety five and I'm in my bed surrounded by my family like Titanic, like Titanic, yes, speaking of Okay, so I've done some research because I love this year.
Speaker 2: Like Roades.
Speaker 3: She died at like ninety two in her bed. She didn't die the Titanic. But that was a movie that was yeah, but it was real. Yeah, it was a Titanic went down Rose.
Speaker 2: Rose was not a true story.
Speaker 3: Leonardo dicapprou wasn't on Titanic. I get it.
Speaker 2: So this is a true story.
Speaker 1: A woman survived Titanic. So she survived the Titanic, but a couple of months later died in a car accident.
Speaker 2: So that is an.
Speaker 1: Example of death going no, no, no, mate, you were meant to die this day.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: You would be so annoyed as a ghost like I literally was in that water, that cold water, and now you.
Speaker 2: Kill me in another really violent way. I would be so pissed off because.
Speaker 1: Seth McFarlane creator A family guy, Michael Jackson, and someone else, Mark Wahlberg were meant to be on that plane that went into on the nine to eleven. They were meant to be on the plane, and they survived for various reasons. One of them slept in. One of them, Michael Jackson was probably having too many I don't know, pills, but he didn't make the plane. So they were meant to They were meant to die that day. So this leads us to where we want to talk about escaping death. You and I have escaped death twice.
Speaker 3: We are literally hoo DEEDI when it comes to escaping death, which now scares me because now I'm just imagining the Grim Reaper going.
Speaker 2: Hello, hello, I'm just he'd have jazz hands for us.
Speaker 1: The Grim Reaper, I legit thought on both of those occasions that we were going to die. Both of them happened in Fiji. Okay, how do you remember the story? Do you tell the first time? Because this happened the first time we were there together.
Speaker 2: So this is the first time.
Speaker 3: We were supposed to be on a boat by midday, right, and apparently you shouldn't be on a boat between two and three and Fiji or something. But you and I instead of hopping on this boat at twelve, we saw people riding horses on the beach and we were in Camilla's and went, oh gosh, let's go ride horses at the beach and our Camilla's, which we did because we're like, that'll be great. Shops the photo, Yes, yeah, droning us on a beach. So then we got to this boat at two.
Speaker 2: O'clock too late, too late, and we missed the catamaran.
Speaker 3: Yes, so then we had to go on a smaller boat, to which we took all these photos on the boat. We uploaded them to the cloud that merely got so merely got all these lovely photos of us having fun at the boat. Then the boat took off and suddenly.
Speaker 1: Could I just say, it wasn't just a boat, It was like a dingy. It was a tiny little boat. We were meant to be on a massive catamaran. So this is a really small boat that had you, me, a cameraman, are soundy eighty from Fiji, and our producer.
Speaker 2: It was six of us.
Speaker 3: There should have been one person on this boat, but where they were six. We were literally like rowing out into the ocean to Cloud nine.
Speaker 2: We're on our way to Cloud nine, which.
Speaker 3: Is like a party boat thing in the middle of nowhere, and it is so cool. So we're out, we're on our way, and then suddenly the cloud start coming and they go dark, and the water starts going dark. And then suddenly we're in this boat looking forward and instead of seeing sky, we can only.
Speaker 1: See water because the waves were like two story buildings, that's how high they were.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it was engulfing our boat. And I never forget our SOUNDI, who's not religious, did the sign of the Cross.
Speaker 2: That's what I looked at.
Speaker 3: Him and went, Okay, we're going to die.
Speaker 2: And and we all did it, even the Fijian lady.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was screaming, say I'm a mother. I don't want to die.
Speaker 2: That was Onnie, I'm a mother.
Speaker 3: And then the lady from that was the guy that was driving the boat threw the life jackets at us and said put these on when you hit the water.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And at that point you thought I wouldn't swim, which is weird because I was very good at swimming. I should have known with your giant paddles that you'd be great.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, how am I going to save Hailey. I'm gonna have put Haley on my back because she can't swim. And I was also thinking of our insurance policy, like if we survive, did I tick boats?
Speaker 2: We didn't have an insurance policy back then? No, we really did, did we? Yeah? Always?
Speaker 3: But I was worried that we were going to be out of a lot of money, Like if we survived this.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of just drowning and sharks. That's all I was thinking here because at this point we won't.
Speaker 2: See land right, also thinking of your kids, because I was your only mom, I had anything. We had nothing to live for, No, just the insurance policy, so I had nothing. All our footage and everything was also on this boat. So we went over. We've just been filming for five days in Fiji. We were going to lose everything. We're going to lose a lot of money. That my head was at Do you remember.
Speaker 1: We went to the guy that was driving the boat, you need to take us to land, and then he said how much money have you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he literally said, well, if I was to take you to land, of course you ten dollars per person. And I was like, mate, at this point, fucking charges my money had to die.
Speaker 2: And then what happened. Then he just goes, oh, land.
Speaker 1: So after the water, the boat's doing this, the waves are coming in, We're putting on our live jackets. We're sobbing our eyes, and he goes, oh, I see an island, and he took us to this island and.
Speaker 2: We kissed the ground.
Speaker 3: We were sobbing, and then we had coronas and pizzas all afternoon because we survived on a deserted island.
Speaker 2: And I called my husband.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I die, and hear me thought I had died. He thought I said Lauren died, and so he started to go into shock. And then it was only because I had a mouthful of pizzas that I couldn't die.
Speaker 2: I couldn't articull.
Speaker 3: It anyway, So we almost died. But then we had a really lovely afternoon where we didn't have to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then we found out interesting story that there was a cyclone and everyone from Cloud Night was evacuated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got helicoptered off.
Speaker 3: But here we are in our dinghy and our door, rowing off to an island, whereas all these people were just like, I'm just gonna hop in our chopper and fly off.
Speaker 2: Okay. So there's one near death incident here the next one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Every year Lauren and I say we are never going on a boat again, but every year we find ourselves on a boat again.
Speaker 2: Every year of clients, I want to go on a boat with that.
Speaker 1: Same Three years later, we find ourselves in Fiji again, and we're filming and we.
Speaker 2: Love Fiji, we love it so much.
Speaker 1: We're on this island and we needed to get back to denner Ow, the main island, to be able to fly out the next day. So it's seven o'clock at night and I already have a real fear of boats because of what's happened in the past. So now it's blackness. We have to travel for an hour and ten minutes to get back to denner Our. So we're in this boat, another smallish boat.
Speaker 3: But it's like a nice boat.
Speaker 2: A fire boat is slightly bigger than the dingy. Yeah, so we're on this boat.
Speaker 1: It's fine while we can see the lights likely of the island as we go out, and then all of a sudden, oh god, this makes me feel sick.
Speaker 2: I hate it this day so much. The boat started doing that thing where it.
Speaker 3: Goes because you started crying, and it flickers with us.
Speaker 1: Starts crying, and I just got my men, our producer ad him at the time, started screaming and screaming at the.
Speaker 2: Screaming at the men who were driving the boat.
Speaker 1: And at this point we were now vertical, so going over the waves, and we said slow down, slow down.
Speaker 2: But that made it worse because that means it was like.
Speaker 1: A slow motion of going all the way almost backwards over a wave.
Speaker 3: And then oh he didn't have a boat license. Like it literally was like me trying to drive a boat.
Speaker 2: It was like they just did not give a effing.
Speaker 3: They did not care about it at all. They were just driving into the waves. The waves are hitting us, and I took my.
Speaker 1: Jumper off, so I was holding on tight and I took my jumper off with one hand because I was like, we're going in and this is going to weigh me down. I just knew it was nighttime and this was what I was done. And I actually came up with something that day of what to think about when you're really scared. I couldn't think of my kids because that was like, I'm not going to see my kids again.
Speaker 2: So I started thinking of a stapler.
Speaker 1: And I've used this thing every time I'm on a plane or if I'm nervous. It's something that has no emotional attachment has it's not alive.
Speaker 2: And you start thinking of something like.
Speaker 1: An object like a stapler, where I started thinking of the shape of it and how it works. And you put the staples in just to distract my mind, and it worked.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll think about this when I'm having my cesarean, start thinking of a staple.
Speaker 2: Actually, do get stapler. Oh gosh, that's a terrible idea. I take it back.
Speaker 3: Do you know what as well? You said the two figi ones. We also died in a boat in Vietnam. It was in Vietnam to Thailand. Remember, but we can see land.
Speaker 2: Oh when we're on the long boat. Yeah, we're on a long boat. That's where I thought you were going.
Speaker 3: But I was like, it's cool, Like if it sinks, I can see lands and I can swim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a scary when you see the land, no, I think we Yeah, there's a lot of boats that we almost died on.
Speaker 3: And I've actually never told you I almost died on the Popeye. Well, I've never talked you this. I was having a high t on the pop Eye once it was a half cut, so I was like so fun, but like the engine started smoking and we had to hop on the other pop Pie. So I literally was like, how can I almost die? In Fiji and Thailand and now so it's jumping in the torrens. I actually would have died.
Speaker 1: So death is trying to chase us, but only on boats.
Speaker 2: I know, my god cruise though, that's different. That's a big boat. All right, we have covered escaping death.
Speaker 1: Now it's time to talk about the thing that is gross and yucky.
Speaker 2: But it is all over us on Instagram. It's chasing on Instagram.
Speaker 3: It's literally like the Grim Reaper. Okay, So I've started spiraling and I started sending it to you, and then I started sending it to Berjo, which I probably shouldn't have sent it to Bergo because it's kind of gross. This girl is following me all over Instagram talking about free bleeding.
Speaker 2: Anyone free bleeding? Oh my god, I can describe what it is.
Speaker 3: It's where I mean. Women, we get our periods, it's fine. What happens we use tampons, pads, the period under these cups. Well, shit, she uses nothing. She uses nothing, and apparently it's a new trend that women are doing. It's not just her, it's a movement, it's a full movement.
Speaker 4: Free bleeding is when you are not using anything that obstructs the flow of blood, and you're not sitting in your blood for periods like hours at a time. Free bleed you bleed directly onto a surface, and you're allowing your blood to completely flow and release out of your body. Look, I know that this isn't for everyone. No, everybody is lifestyle and routine allows for it.
Speaker 3: It's not for everyone, she says in this grab, So because you literally you're not allowed to use anything like this girl doesn't even wear underwear.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what's the why why?
Speaker 3: It just believes that it's healthier for your body to just flow out whenever it needs to flow out. So this girl works from home and she just covers all the surfaces in her head with rugs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I didn't tell you, but I have my period right now and I'm free bleeding your cash.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is so proud.
Speaker 2: I'm not even body.
Speaker 3: And so when something is fed to me this is the bad thing, I start spiraling and watching it and now it's like everything.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, are you a free bleeder.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, I'm not a free bleeder.
Speaker 2: Stop giving me this. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Like I guess, back in the day, everyone free bled because they didn't have things like tampons and period cups and pats.
Speaker 3: I remember my mom telling me, like, back in the day, they used to like put it on like a little metal hoister thing around their waist.
Speaker 2: They do it up like a belt. And that's why they call them a rag because they're like rags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, and I never stay get full.
Speaker 2: But this is why technology is so amazing.
Speaker 3: I know. I once had a cleaner as a kid, our family cleaner, a panty liner, went through the wash and when I got home, it was sitting on my bed, on my pillow, and she said, I didn't know where to put your bow tigh.
Speaker 1: So I put it, choose it, I put it on yours.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's.
Speaker 3: She was like eighty and I'd never seen a boy I ever want a bow seye.
Speaker 2: It was the way I was like.
Speaker 3: So, I'm going to take this and then I'm going to put this in the bin because that's a bandy lainey.
Speaker 2: But they're there for a reason.
Speaker 1: I get people wanting to be grounded, you know those you know you want to go out to the wilderness and take your shoes off and feel your feet around yourself, touching trees and getting all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I get that. I get touching trees. I do. I get you are so ground I don't know.
Speaker 1: My dad is a tree hugger, and so I've grown up like going on bushwalks with dad and he would be like, stop here and feel it.
Speaker 2: Give it a feel, really feel it. Close your eyes.
Speaker 1: I feel it, and then like like, yeah, I get the whole hugging tree thing.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't mind that your dad flies through this guy and hugs trees.
Speaker 3: I love our family so much.
Speaker 2: You should try touching is.
Speaker 1: They're reaching out for you. That's why their branches are reaching over you.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, that's really nice.
Speaker 1: There is such thing is it's gonna sound so great? There is such thing as like watching a tree and talking to it and then reaching out.
Speaker 3: Isn't that like in Cinderella or something with the trees a fantasia where the trees like running?
Speaker 2: That's true. Anyway, that's a whole other thing. Hey, I get that. I don't get the free bleeding.
Speaker 3: Free bleeding. They use nothing. They just let it all flow out and like energetically and spiritually, their world is better. And I just can't escape this and I don't. Anyway, we said we talk about it for ninety seconds, it's done.
Speaker 1: Can I just wrap that up by saying, though I was talking about this with one of my best friends on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Women get it so hard.
Speaker 1: In that every month you get two weeks that are good weeks. Two good weeks, yeah, because in those two weeks you're not pre minstrel, so you're not going through psycho throats in your head or sad or whatever, and you don't have your period. The other two weeks it is you're bleeding, or you're feeling emotional, really emotional and irrational thoughts. We only are good for half of our life.
Speaker 3: So literally half the year I'm terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm an emotional rap six months of the year, we suffer, Yeah, but we still push through.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we won't talk about that ever again because that was gross.
Speaker 3: Now we'll never talk about free bleeding and hopefully jewels and Rosa just skip that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was discussed. That was foul.
Speaker 3: Okay, Pearson, I've wanted to talk to you about the sandwich generation for a while.
Speaker 2: Now. What is the sandwich generation?
Speaker 3: The sandwich generation, It's not just people who like sandwiches.
Speaker 2: I love a sandwich.
Speaker 3: I am in that generation.
Speaker 2: P Paninis. Give me one right now.
Speaker 3: I love a PAPEDI do you know what thinking about a priciero Panini does that to me as well. So the sandwich generation refers to middle aged adults, typically age thirty to sixty, simultaneously supporting aging parents and their own children as.
Speaker 2: Well in the middle the beast sandwich. Yes, this is where we're at.
Speaker 3: So for me, I've got a four year old girl, a baby on the way, and then my parents are like mid to late seventies. So I've started worrying about them and I can't stop, and I've text my numerous times is checking in how are you?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: How's your knee, how's your heart, how's your test, to the point where on Friday night Mum messaged me going, I'm just going into a movie. I'm not going to have my phone for two hours, just letting you know I'm okay and I haven't died. And at that point I've gone, oh, maybe it's a bit much what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: So this is the hard thing because the people in the Sandwich generation have got everything going on. We're still working full time, We're still trying to pay our mortgage off, and we're worrying. We're trying to raise children, but we're also worrying about our parents. Does that mean that we are in the hardest stage of our lives right now.
Speaker 3: The hardest stage, like and you look around, no wonder like divorces and things happening because we put our last, We put our relationships last. Everything to do with us is last. Long as Sofia is fed, like long as your boys are fed, the house is fine, the dogs are fine, our parents are fine. And then we just like left like twitching on the outside.
Speaker 2: Can I flip it?
Speaker 1: Because I think we're also at the luckiest stage because right now we still have our parents. Our parents are still alive. Our kids need us, they want us. We're at home with our kids. We've got all the chaos happening. One day in the next ten years, the next generation, we will lose our parents. And then to me, that's the worst time.
Speaker 3: That is the worst time. And that is why I'm lucky. That's why I'm worrying. Mum is seventy three. Dad is seventy nine this year.
Speaker 1: But your dad has the brain of a fifty year old. He is, so I just love his brain so much.
Speaker 3: He's a party animal. He could drink anyone under the table. He just wants to hang out with young people, go to the crows, travel and eat Pugierto sandwiches. Like he just lives his life. But I'm constantly worried because also, and I know you find that whenever you call your parents. What are you doing today, Oh, I'm just going to have a scant on my heart. I'm just going to check my eyes, going to the padat. I think I'm deaf, so I'm going to the hearing specialist. Like if they didn't see their doctors every day. It's like, what would they do in their days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but I think they want to feel it like they're feeling it like our parents do have other things, Like your dad goes and does his like doesn't he have his mandate where he goes and does pool?
Speaker 3: He goes shirt and he walks around like mitcham shopping center with his little bag that looks like a gun, but it's his snooker.
Speaker 2: Queue also probably has a gun.
Speaker 3: It's a gun and snooker que. No, but it's just this this worrying.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, I just I see it with you. It's funny.
Speaker 1: And my mum and dad have said they see it with you. You fuss over your dad so much. It's beautiful to see you. You are, like, Dad, what do you need? Can I get you more of this? Do you need help doing this?
Speaker 2: Dad? What do you need? You really do look after him like he's a four year old.
Speaker 3: At the detriment of my mom. Because my mom is mentally fine, yeah, like she'll tell.
Speaker 2: Me what's what.
Speaker 3: Whereas Dad, I feel like mentally is slowing down. Whereas Dad physically if I said to him, I need you to come here and do twelve hours of gardening, he would do it. He wouldn't even come inside for lunch. He would do everything, whereas Mom's not physically fit like that, but she's more mentally fit. So a couple of weeks ago was Mother's Day and this got me thinking as well, I don't know about you, but my whole day was spent making sure my mother in law and my mom were okay.
Speaker 1: I just saw this on Instagram and it's the first time someone had said it out loud that Mother's Day in our generation, so the Sandwich generation.
Speaker 2: Should be about us.
Speaker 1: I feel guilty saying that because our moms, like they've already had their time as being celebrated as mums, now their grandma's. It should be we're in the thick of it, we're in the trenches. We should be the ones that it should be all about us. But then we feel selfish saying can we have a little bit more about us?
Speaker 3: And it wasn't, and I felt guilty. So we went out for breakfast with Burgo's family when saw his parents again, then it was to my family to have champagne with mum and then dinner with my family. Like it it was the best day and it was so lovely and I love hanging out with everyone. But I got home and I said to Berg, I didn't do anything for me today, like you gave me flowers. I got a quick, little half hour sleep in and it was a beautiful morning. But I didn't do anything for me. I was too busy worrying about the older women in my life, like even my auntie, who's not my mum. I was like, happy Mother's Day, and here's champagne for you, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also if you're going out for lunch, it's generally us organizing calling around, which I did to try and find out different places, and my husband helped as well.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant.
Speaker 1: But on our day it was like, well, come over to our house to have a roast because it was so expensive to go out, and who cooked the roast?
Speaker 2: I cooked the roast, yea.
Speaker 1: And Mum did the veggies, and then we came over and Mom made of havelover. And the thing is, though, I think our generation of men help heaps more like they do. They're amazing, Ginny and Burgo, our partners are incredible, our dads and we love you so much, Dad, But I think in your.
Speaker 2: Generation it's Father's Day every day.
Speaker 1: My Mum cooks for Dad every day, and everything that he wants she makes.
Speaker 2: He never cooks. It's not a thing that he ever does. Ever.
Speaker 3: Dad wouldn't know where the kitchen or the laundry is. Yeah, he's an old school Italian in that sense, not like that's where women belong or anything. Nothing bad, He's just oblivious. And now after forty years, when he goes, oh, can you make me toast?
Speaker 2: Julie, so I want to be made toast? Make me toast.
Speaker 3: He would never make her toast, so she goes, oh, can't you make your own toast? He goes, oh, but your toast tastes better, this is true, and then she goes okay, and you know that and enables the toast making.
Speaker 1: But maybe women like that We yearn to be needed.
Speaker 3: Yes, because when we were kids we needed like for me, we needed mum all the time. And now we've left dad needing Mum gives her that sense of purpose. I guess it's like when he goes to his snooker days with his friends and mom makes him his lunch of all his paninisarfish sandwich. You've seen the garfish like his Panini's like literally, if you dropped it on your toel and break it, and then all the men go, oh, what's Julie made today? And then Dad goes home and reports to mom. She's like, all the men are talking about my sandwich, like it gives her that sense of purpose. It's just it was a different generation. But I just felt like I was kind of left out, which I don't know whether I'm being selfish, but I was like, hey, I'm a mom. I rocked up to my parents' house and Dad's like hi. I'm like hi, hey Dad, It's Mother's Day and I'm a mom, and he goes, oh, happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Don't you think mother's Day is like a birthday?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: You get really sensitive, So if you walk out and you haven't got like presence or someone doing something for you, you're like, why are you doing it?
Speaker 2: But then you don't want to say that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I am being extremely needy right now. And it might be the pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Horn you are needy, but I.
Speaker 3: Just like the one day I just expected to be like going to the shops and the carpets rolled out for me, like, yes, I'm a mother.
Speaker 2: Years I love just.
Speaker 3: The one day after we hold the families together we.
Speaker 2: Do what would you have liked? What would have been your perfect day?
Speaker 3: Like it's not that I didn't like a day that, but.
Speaker 2: If you could have a perfect day, what would it be. I think it would have.
Speaker 3: Just been some time with maybe Sofia and birds, just the three of us. Like, at not one point did someone say do you want a photo with Sophia? And I was like, I didn't get a photo with Sofia on Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Because we have to ask for it, and I do always have to ask for a photo.
Speaker 2: But guess what I got.
Speaker 3: I made sure that Bergo got a photo with his mum and Sofia so they can remember Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: And then last night their job to give to take a photo.
Speaker 3: Last night, I'm lying in bed and I went, I didn't get a photo with I didn't get a photo with my child. I didn't. I didn't get it, Like no one said, hey, do you want to.
Speaker 2: Be a photo or I would have taken a photo of you.
Speaker 3: I know, and I know it's probably silly, but I just felt a little bit left out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, you know.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of women are feeling like that Mother's Day is just one of those days that you go a little bit of resentment comes out, Yes, but it's the.
Speaker 3: One day that we allow ourselves to feel the resentment. Every other day, I pick up the shoes, you clean up, you make dinner, you do everything, and you hold everyone emotionally together because I'm also I'm the only girl. There's three boys and me. So with any family engagement or whatever, it's like, we'll wait, We'll wait. I'm like, if we just continued to wait, Dad's birthday would pass and we wouldn't have actually done anything. Yeah, so it's generally me who goes all right, guys, Dad's birthdays in two weeks, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: We're gonna go out to lunch? What men? We get it? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: The men are just like, yeah, Lauren will do it. So I'm like, if I didn't do it.
Speaker 1: What's your theory again? With events? I know this is like sounds like I'm talking and changing the subject, but I'm not. When you've been hit by a bus, you're hit by a bus scenario.
Speaker 3: Oh, when you're running an event, it has to like if I was to get if I've run an event and then I'm not I was to be hit by a bus on the way to the event, the event can still run smoothly.
Speaker 2: Right me. So that's how partnership should work.
Speaker 1: So everything that you have in your head should also be in Burgo's head. So if something happened to you, everything would be okay, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But it's not. But we are so lucky. Like I remember when Sophia was a baby, Mum was like, I can't believe you know, Burgo's changing nappies any bus and he does nap time and does everything. Yeah, he's like our dads didn't do that. And I know Jimmy's the same. My dad like was just like, oh, the baby's crying jewels. But that was that generation.
Speaker 1: So I'm very love generation now, thank god, because I would not have coached back then.
Speaker 2: I would have had so much resentment.
Speaker 1: Don't you think it's so if the dad doesn't like when a dad goes, oh, I'm babysitting the kids.
Speaker 2: Tonight, so my wife can go out. No, you're just being the dad. You're not babysitting anything that you're a dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they see that, and wouldnoy Burjo like if my parents go you babysitting or whatever? No, someone said to him. Yeah, yeah, but back in the day, I think I was like that, our dads would have said that I'm babysitting tonight. Well what did the mom say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But we're lucky. We are.
Speaker 1: And I don't take those two for granted because a lot of our friends are not like that. They will go out and they'll get a thousand calls from their partners going so what do I give?
Speaker 2: How much formula do you? What time do they go to bed? What do I? What do I need to do? Like they don't know anything.
Speaker 3: No, So we're in the reverse.
Speaker 2: We're lucky. Partners go out and we're.
Speaker 3: Like, what happens? Bjo's going to thailight with you? And I'm like, what am I going to do? I have to solo parent and I know what I'm going to do. I just moving with mum and it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well we have covered a lot of ground here Free Bleeding Morbid again. We always go to the escaping death topic and sandwich generation.
Speaker 3: And on that note, I feel like a Beanini where we go cheers, Yeah, speaking the sandwich.
Speaker 2: We love you guys, Thanks for listening, Love you guys. Well bye,