Speaker 1: Matt, you are looking absolutely glowing today. What's your secret?
Speaker 2: Well, Anna, I've been using this new hydrating tanning miss called Goldie b. We're two ease. I have to check it out.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Go to their instagram.
Speaker 3: I want the fairy Tale, I want the Prince Charming she how.
Speaker 2: Do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bit. He's non recyclable. Catching her laugh.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love. People do dumb shit.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Good All morning everyone, Hi man.
Speaker 2: Morning Anna. We're actually I haven't been in the studio for We say that every time, but this time we actually haven't been for a while. Now.
Speaker 3: Well, you've been on the Gold Coast for three weeks, so this is like the longest time I haven't seen you.
Speaker 2: It has been a while, hasn't been a while.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw you was at Glamour on the Grid, which we're going to talk about because good night a great night, but a lot of things have come out and unfolded, and we're going to address absolutely everything because I think it's only right, and we've said that we just want to be super open with our audience and just be real and kind of just share what's going on in our lives.
Speaker 2: And like explain actually what happened.
Speaker 3: So, guys, I'm looking at Matt right now. He has grown a full homeless man beard.
Speaker 2: He and the flanny doesn't help you.
Speaker 1: You look like a different person. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to lie. I'm in a pretty bad place mentally, Like it's just I don't know, like look like it's just more embarrassed than anything, like and it's just taken a strain on like everyone around me. Like I'll go into more details later, but like, yeah, I'm exhausted, I'm drained. It's just something that's like to me, was and I get what I did and I'll explain, like I get what I did was wrong. Yeah, it's just exhausting. We're just working through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've actually forgot my shaver up on the Gold Coast. I left in my car.
Speaker 1: Is that what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I got in last fight at like one am, so I didn't get a chance to shave.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So basically Matt has been planning to go to the Gold Coast for a while before all of this kind of happened, because you.
Speaker 2: Well, my intention was to go straight from with Tammy from the hotel and then I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't going to come back from Glamor on the Ground.
Speaker 2: Lamber on the Grid. I was going to get a job up there and I was gonna the plan was for a week hopefully I had some stuff lined up, and then everything unfolded over the weekend, so sort of didn't get a chance to do that sort stuff. Everything on pause, just to you know, we just had to work through it together.
Speaker 3: So Matt has always planned to go to the Gold Coast for a couple of weeks, get settled in there, and then everything kind of unfolded. But we had pre recorded some episodes, so that's why we haven't addressed anything. And we also didn't put out an episode not last week, but the week before because we were just we just felt like the best thing to do was to take a break. But I think we should talk about the whole night, which was Glamored on the Grid.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a fun night. I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It was a great night. So let's I mean, let's start from the start, shall we.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I really enjoyed it. We get dressed up. I was getting dressed up every year for it or a nice suit. Had. My inspo was Chris Hamsworth from the Oscars. I think I didn't nail it quite as well as him, but I did. I did pretty well.
Speaker 1: He did good. He did good.
Speaker 2: He looked gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, and that tre loved that dress on her.
Speaker 3: No. What's funny though, is like we so for the past two years we've went to Glamor on the Grid together and we've always said number one, I could never get Michael an invite. But this year he finally got an invite. So I was so excited about that.
Speaker 2: And I finally got to take my partner, my fiance. Yeah. Fun.
Speaker 3: We had always said for so long, imagine us going to Glamor on the Grid as a four with both of our partners, Like how fun would that be?
Speaker 1: And finally we got to do it. So that was a tick.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun. Yeah, I had a lot of fun. You have fun there every year, and I, like you said, it was a lot more fun being there with our partners. I think that we all bonded over a lot of champagne and a lot of laughs, and I think we all came a bit closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it was nice. We had lots of DNMS.
Speaker 2: And ended up going across to the pub afterwards.
Speaker 1: We did. We got to Middle Park Hotel.
Speaker 2: I had great chats there.
Speaker 3: We all kind of got really deep opened up. This is when I knew we were really drunk. So I my Glamor on the Grid outfit was this beautiful black gown from a lin lacal and I had this cape that was massive. It was literally the size of a quilt. And the four of us, four grown adults, somehow managed to forget my cape.
Speaker 1: And that's when you know that you're really dry.
Speaker 2: Did you go back and get it?
Speaker 3: Well, the day after Glamor in the Grid I was in a very bad place. I was vomiting all day, but Michael thankfully went back and got it and he was like, hey, is there a cape here?
Speaker 1: And they're like, why don you say that there actually is?
Speaker 2: The next morning as well, I took a bite of my we got room saistic good bite of my brecky burger, and I literally got up and ran to the but I didn't even make it to the toilet. I just projectiled across the whole bathroom.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? Nah, you didn't make the toilet.
Speaker 2: And it was in the bath, it was on the floor, on the walls. I took wipe it down as best I could, but I was pretty I was fucking so hung over the.
Speaker 3: Next day, so we basically left my cape at middle Park Hotel and then we went back to yours and Tammy's hotel room at Crown. We kind of partied on. We were popping bottles of champagne. Things were getting like, you know, fun. Michael was saying, like Tammy and I were like hugging on the couch, just like talking shit, like you know, it.
Speaker 2: Was Michael and I were talking.
Speaker 3: You guys were talking shit. I'm my memory is very hazy from all of that. And then I think it got to about three am, and Michael was like, we need to go, and I was going to be.
Speaker 1: Sick as a dog tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And we left and Michael said that as we were leaving you were popping open another another bottle of champagne, and then there was a message that was sent.
Speaker 1: So do you want to take us through that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I you can take it back to like, well, honestly, I'm not making excuses, but I don't fully remember sending any message. I know that sounds bad.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't sound bad because Michael was like when it came out, Michael was like, there's no way Matt would remember sending that because he was popping another bottle.
Speaker 1: When we were leaving. Anyway, it were not you know, not making excuses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So what happened was I saw I messaged a girl and I asked her if she was single. But the story behind it is my mate showed me her and he said, your sister and her follow each other and she follows you. Do you know her? And then he goes, look, do you reckon?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Could? You could message her for me and you know, put in a good word and tell her to message me. And I was like, nah, man, like that's not I'm not going to do that for you, and.
Speaker 1: He I'm engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, oh yeah, I just don't it's not what it's not what I wanted to do and then this is cringe. But he did say use your blue tick, she'll message you back, and I was like, nah, man, I'm not going to do that. And then I ended up doing that when I was fucked off my head at like three am, pissed. As waking up the next day, I realized that that is not a good idea. It's embarrassing for my fiance. It's embarrassing to my family, it's embarrassing to my friends, it's embarrassing to her family, her friends. Most of all, is embarrassing to the relationship. Like I don't want to be someone in a relationship that does stuff like that, Like I'm not that sort of person, Like I don't do stuff like that. I think at the moment, I did it because I was pissed. I know it's not an excuse, and I'm not trying to make it any excuse. But the moment something like this came out, they just jumped on it and they were just like, oh, he's like this, This is like you know, I mean, cheat all this sort of stuff. But that's not what happened. And that's what has really like made me frustrated with it all because I did live did stay quiet on socials about it. I didn't think that it was worth addressing in that way, so I kept it quiet because I wanted to do it like this where I could actually talk raw and actually talk about it. But yeah, I think that I'm not making excuses. It was the wrong thing to do, but I feel like, yeah, it's embarrassed Tammy. It's embarrassed to me, it's embarrassed relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: It was very triggering to me because obviously we had just had this amazing night like two couples. It was a really fun night, and I know how in love you are with Tammy. So then I think I was like, Okay, well if Matt can do this, then Michael can do this. And literally, for that whole week, like you know, I was annoyed with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like just everyone was annoyed with me, Like yeah, my friends, my family, yeah, Tammy's family, friends, and I feel like I've let it more down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean for that whole week after this happened, I was like to Michael, who are you texting?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? What are you doing on your phone?
Speaker 3: And I think that's my own insecurities, and I'm not projecting that onto you, but it is triggering. The way it came out, it didn't look good. It was a three am message, so obviously we had left the hotel room, and then Tammy went on her phone, you went on your phone, and somewhere in between that the message was sent. But I think context is really important. So I think that you should read out the rest of the messages because I think if someone is going to put out one section of a message thread, I think the rest of the messages are really vital.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then she asked me why I think so. She said, you still Tammy, and I said yes, because I don't. I'm not interested in this girl. So I said yes, And then she goes, why the message is then, and I said, my friend Dale saw you while we were out. Was trying to help a friend friend haha. But I will let him down gently. She goes, Oh, say, hope he finds the one. I said, so do I The hunt continues. She goes, I've got a friend. I said, Okay, send through your friend's instant and I'll get him to message her. She sent the name. I said, thank you for the help. She love heart reacted to that, and she goes, this was this one was scouted by Love Island. Do your magic, And I said, I'll try my best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so look Black, Look, I know.
Speaker 3: I think this is a huge learning curve for you, Like you and me have had many conversations in the past three weeks since this has happened, and like there just should be really no contact with anyone, even if it's for your friend. There should be no contact with anyone who isn't your fiance or who isn't a friend or a family member. And I think that's been a big lesson for you that you've said to me. Like Matt even said to me, he was like, even if we have guests on the show, like on where's your head at, I'm not messaging anyone else.
Speaker 1: Like I have learned my lesson.
Speaker 2: Like everything can be taken out of context.
Speaker 3: Everything can be taken out of context. And it's still like you are still responsible for sending that message at three am, and we are definitely not saying that that message was okay.
Speaker 1: And you know that that message is not okay.
Speaker 2: It's fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: It's stupid, it's dumb, it's it happened when you know, you were like really intoxicated. And I think that's silly as well. And I just think it was unnecessary and we all wish it didn't happen, but it did. And you're human and you know unmntionately things like you're not perfect, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't. I never claim to be, you know me though, I literally have an open phone policy with Tammy, Like she can go through my phone whenever she wants. I don't hide anything from her. I don't hide messages from her, like I literally would just sit on my phone front like I don't hide anything from her, Like I've never done anything like this. I wouldn't do it again, Like it's not me And I just think that, yeat, Like I made a mistake, like you said, No one's perfect. Yeah, I'm just gonna now have to, you know, make good of what I've done and be better. I've always said I want to be a better person, and I learned from my mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, I haven't been on social media much at the moment. I've had friends reach out to me, I haven't messaged and back because I've just been in a really dark place and I've just been trying to work on things, and you know, like Tammy and I am both embarrassed by what happened. So I think now it's about just building that back and moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, as your friend, I know that you did the wrong thing, and I've made that crystal clue to you, but it doesn't mean that I'm still not worried about you. I think you have been in a really dark place and you're not yourself at the moment, and that's okay. And I think, you know, what happened is very public and it's good. I think now that you're getting to address it and kind of talk about what happened and the intention behind it. And I think whether people choose to perceive you in a positive or negative way or whatever that is, that's totally their own prerogative.
Speaker 1: But I know that you're a good person. Your family knows that you're a good person.
Speaker 3: Tammy knows that you're a good person, and you know, you guys can work through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nothing we can't work through. People are putting their own opinion on it and spinning it and commenting stuff, and it's like, look, they won't do it forever, Like, yeah, Tammy and I know what we have. We know that people do dumb shit, and.
Speaker 3: It's especially when they're drinking, yeah, which is it's so it's so interesting as well because like me and you for the longest time have not been drinking alcohol, like for the past year and a half, we have constantly if you're a listener of this podcast, the amount of times that Matt and I have harped on.
Speaker 1: About the fact that we're not drinking anymore.
Speaker 3: Silly things happen when we're drunk, Like we don't want to do that anymore.
Speaker 1: We're growing up.
Speaker 2: And I have said that to Tammy that I'm not going to put myself in any position like that. Like we've spoken on here before about how we don't want to drink, and I think that like we weren't so open a experiences that happened while black we were drunk. Would just come in here and be I don't want to drink anymore. Like I had some experiences last year where like a you know, like yeah that I wasn't good. Should I share?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you should. I think we're being more open.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, so I was drinking all day with my mates. I went home and I put, so what the our old house at the boys was. There was like a door and it had like a glass thing, and then I put my key. Well, I probably didn't even put my key in. I thought I put my key in, and I went to push the door because I was like, you'd turn the key and push it. And I pushed so hard I pushed myself through the glass panel of the window because you were so drunk. I was so drunk and I fell and I had all cuts down my face, all down the side of my arm. I was like bleeding. And I woke up to four police officers like with their flashlights standing over me because my roommate's girlfriend had thought someone had broken in and called the police. And I have a police officer in my family, and she said, yeah, they would have thought it was a hot burglary because the burglar I was still in the house, so they would have rushed there and long behold, it was mine, stupid ass passed out in puol of blood and glass. And yeah, I realized then that like binge drinking isn't like And we'd come on the podcast, said I want to do it. There was another time at your thirtieth where I woke up on Gravel Street off Chapel Street in Melbourne. My phone had been stolen and I woke up and I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. I'd to hail a cab and get home. Yeah, so there was a lot of stuff. There was some other stuff as well. I can't really remember, but just stopped me from wanting to be on stream.
Speaker 3: There was like key life events that happened where things got out of control and Matt would come to me and be like, I just don't want to do this anymore, Like I'm sick of this, Like I'm twenty eight or you're twenty eight, now I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I don't want to keep doing this stupid stuff.
Speaker 3: And look, I just want to preface all of this conversation by saying we are not taking away from the fact that Matt should not have done this.
Speaker 1: We're not blaming alcohol.
Speaker 3: Matt completely takes full responsibility.
Speaker 1: But what we.
Speaker 3: Are saying is that this drinking can cause really stupid shit to happen that doesn't need to happen, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what I'm saying is I'm now like it's another.
Speaker 1: Life you're paying for a big time, big.
Speaker 2: Time Yeah, but it's another life experience that I need to realize that, like it isn't nothing good comes from that. And we've said that before. Like I watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother the other day. I'm watching that and it was the episode where nothing good happens after two am.
Speaker 3: Literally, guys, nothing good happens after it happens after two three.
Speaker 2: I wish I left it to go to bed. It's two am. Just go to bed. And we're not like kids anymore. I'm not twenty one. I'm not like being drinking too like the am. Like it's not like I don't pull up the same way. I don't want to be doing that stuff anymore. And I know I can say that all I want and then I go into it. But it's hard in that moment when you're around that sort of like environment, and I want to be stronger. I want to be stronger that I don't do it, and I'm going to try to find a stronger part of me.
Speaker 3: It does suck because, like it is a rare occasion that I get pretty drunk and I had a really fun night with you guys like me and I thought we all had a fun night, and it just sucks that this is like the takeaway, this whole scenario is one of the takeaways from it and tarnished all of it. But that wasn't the only one that did something stupid that night. Like I woke up the next morning and I just you know, when you wake up from being really drunk, I open my eyes and I immediately remember this scenario when we were actually at Glamor on the Grid and Michael and I have this ongoing I.
Speaker 1: Don't even know if you would call it a joke. Would you call it a joke?
Speaker 3: Like I have this, yeah, but it's like half serious.
Speaker 2: You're making a joke out of it.
Speaker 1: Like okay, so when Michael goes to work, this is so toxic.
Speaker 3: I can't if I'm sharing this, but I mean, in the spirit of being open, when Michael's work, I'm like, don't talk to women. Like he literally has women at his office, so I know he's going to talk to women.
Speaker 1: But it's just this thing that we've started set.
Speaker 3: Like Okay, when I say we, I've started saying I'm like, when he leaves the house, I'm like, don't talk to women. And it's like this joke, but it's half serious.
Speaker 1: It's like a little reminder to behave.
Speaker 2: I remember we were having Nando's and Michael got up to go to the toilet and You're like, don't talk to any women, and I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 1: So it's like a joke, but it's like half serious.
Speaker 3: But it's not serious because he literally worked with women every single day.
Speaker 1: But it's just like this thing that we've said.
Speaker 3: Anyway, when we were at Glamor on the Green, I don't know where you were, but I was with Tammy and I don't know what this scenario was, but Michael was at the front of the toilet queue and he was talking to this girl. I think they were talking about like what because free or something.
Speaker 2: I vague remember something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then Tammy and I came up to Michael and I was like, you were just talking to women.
Speaker 1: Don't talk to women. Da dah da da dah.
Speaker 3: And I like made like it wasn't like a thing. I just said it because it's this ongoing joke. Anyway, Then I went to the bathroom and then I came out and you, Michael, and Tammy were all standing there, and Tammy was like, oh, my god, the girl just came up to all three of us. So, you guys, when I was in the bathroom being like, oh my god, I'm really sorry. I heard that your girlfriend or fiance or whatever was saying like don't talk to women, and like, I'm so sorry, Like I didn't mean anything by it, and she was like really serious about it. And then apparently like you guys were just like, no, it's all good, and then you don't remember that it happened. It definitely happened, and then I was like mortified. When like Michael and Tammy were telling me about this, I was like, oh my god, she thought I was serious and I'm so embarrassed, and I had no idea what she looked like, and so I couldn't find her to apologize.
Speaker 2: But I remember what.
Speaker 3: She's listening, whoever this person is, I'm so sorry, and like it's like an ongoing joke, but like it might have come across as sounding serious but it wasn't. And the fact that she came up to Michael and apologized for getting him in trouble.
Speaker 2: If that lady's listening, I'm so.
Speaker 3: Sorry, and like, you know, when you've been drinking and you get like the anxiety. It was literally like my eyes opened and I thought.
Speaker 1: Of that scenario, and I was like, oh my god, why am I like this?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, you've got nothing to worry about with Michael. I know, Michael and may have spoken about like how much we love our fiance. I don't think you got anything to worry about there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I know that this has been really hard, and I you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to sort of like tell people like that because I've just like you see the comments and you see people running their mouths and you see like all their what's the perceptions or they're like stories they're making up, and you're like, dude, you don't know nothing. You're taking this off like a like what was shared? Would you?
Speaker 3: But then it's like how would they know they saw what they saw? And then they're like he's a cheetah, but it's but you're not, and you're one hundred percent not. And I think for the past three weeks you have done nothing but take accountability for what's happened. You're truly sorry, and you're you've put things in place so that this will literally never happen again.
Speaker 1: And I know it won't happen again.
Speaker 2: I know as well. I know that like Temmy and I have spoken about it, and this will just make us stronger, I feel. I feel that like like stuff like this, when it's when you can work through it and you go hold it open safe space to talk about it between your partner, can make things stronger.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 3: Also worth noting that, like, I've never been in a relationship where things have just been smooth sailing from start to finish, Like I think sometimes at the start of relationships there are teething issues or things that happen and they can either kind of make or break the relationship. And I think that hopefully that this will make you guys stronger. Obviously, it's a really shitty position pretending to be.
Speaker 2: In, and I've been embarrassment.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing. It's like I feel, I really feel for her. I think as well, like because you guys can't just deal with it. In a normal relationship, you would deal with that together, but she has to deal with it publicly, and I think that's what makes all of it so much more stressful. And I've seen the mental and emotional strain that it's had on you. So I can only imagine what it's had hurt. But I mean, you guys went to therapy, you're working on the relationship and see how you go from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like I said, it's a nothing we can't get through, and I do believe we'll be stronger. We both believe that, and I think it's just yeah, moving on and doing what's best for us.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that you want to say, Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to officially, in front of everyone, apologize to Tammy. I am sorry that I did that. I really do love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to say, on behalf of me and everyone else, thank you for being so open and thank you for sharing.
Speaker 1: And I know it's not been.
Speaker 3: Easy, and we did go back and forth on if we should just let it die or actually share your truth, and I think it is important to share your kind of side of things instead of letting other people write your narrative. So thank you for sharing. We appreciate it, and we will be back with a normal episode next week, guys, But until next time, Bye bye.