Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening, and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Gavin Newsom's woke wife puts her foot in it, but will it derail her husband's presumptive campaign for the presidency. Plus why is Milania Trump talking about Jeffrey Epstein all of a sudden, It's a mystery. We'll dive into you with John Heindracher and who's your daddy? Well, NATO chief Mark Rutta has a slightly surprising answer. But first to the war in Iran. And I'm here to tell you something that I imagine you already suspected to be true, namely that just about everything you are hearing about how the conflict is going is wrong or at least deeply shaded by politics, because you read much of the When you read much of the press, you're gonna hear one thing over and over again. And it goes sort of like this, Trump is a taco war criminal whose mere tweets should have him up on trial at Nuremberg. How dare he say nasty things about those nice old mullahs in Tehran? Yep, that's pretty much what most of the media is saying right now. But let's start with the whole taco thing. You know, Taco it's an acronym for Trump always chickens out. It's a weird meme, a phenomenon that still has a lot of currency on the left. And we saw it played out in the press when Donald Trump threatened in a tweet to basically end Iranian civilization. Now, the left read this and they panicked and screamed that Trump was guilty of war crimes because he merely threatened to take out Iranian infrastructure. Well, if that's war crime, I think these guys ought not to look too closely at the Allied Air Commands area bombing campaigns in World War Two. But that's another story. Then when Donald Trump relented and did end to open the floodgates of destruction and the Iranians seemed to come to the table to talk about a peace deal, well they changed their tune and they said, Hi, Karamba, it's taco night. But I tell you what, it's all so tiresome because this has been going a long time on a long time when it comes to Trump that Iran I mean, check out this mashup of CNN before last year's strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, and then what they said immediately after the strikes, and then what they said right before this year's strikes.
Speaker 3: This timeline of Iran being a few weeks away from a nuclear bomb is in direct contradiction to CNN's reporting. Uran's uranium may still be intact and in Iranian control four hundred and a kilograms of it now and not theoretically, according to experts, to make nine nuclear weapons. Sources tell CNN there is no US intelligence that are on is building missiles that could soon hit the United States.
Speaker 2: That's a really big deal. Yes, I know CNN assumes that all of its viewers are idiots who have the memories of goldfish. But putting those three clips together, you can see how their narrative change. They went from there is no need from strikes too, Iran is nowhere near a nuclear weapon, and then they said, oh wait, no, no, no, the strikes have failed. Now they're closer than ever to getting nuclear weapons. And then what's that? They said, Trump's hitting them again? Why does he need to do that? There's no way they're close to a nuclear weapon. Just flipping and flopping back and forth, taking the opposite position of Trump. Whatever he does, says or promises, you see how it works. But there's something worse about all this, because at the heart of this messaging is a demoralization campaign that is not just about talking down Iran, but about talking down America and the West. Well at the same time, treating Tehran and their malas and iatolas is somehow a bunch of brave heroes of the resistance. Here's ms now Stephanie Rule giving a little bizarre taste of this.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a phenomenal point because you could disagree with Iran and what their point of view is, but it's the fact that they have a deep belief in something that's unforbill die for, that they will die for, that they'll destroy their country for us.
Speaker 2: Say what you will about the tenets of apocalyptic Shia Islam. At least it's an ethos. Of course, all of this has real consequences too. And if you think the chattering left loves talking down America's chances in Iran, just imagine what they think watching all of this in Beijing, where Jijinping and his mates must be rejoicing at the thoughts that just a few weeks of energy crisis and conflict can bring the West's elite to heal. Yes, say whatever you like about Trump, the tactical makes mistakes he may have made in this fights the wild messaging, the fact that he hoped a popular that the hope for popular Iranian revolution has not yet occurred. The fact is the fact that we can't absorb a few weeks of energy shock in service to an effort to bring one of the world's most dangerous and carcinogenic regimes to heal. Has no chance if China decides to invade Taiwan and dominate the Pacific. That is why this whole demoralization campaign is so dangerous. It goes well beyond Iran. It goes to the future of the US and very much the future of Australia. It is part of the broader talking down to the West in general by the left, which has since at least the nineteen sixties, so for a good three or four generations in the educational system now taught that the free and liberal world that we enjoy is really no better than just the product of patriarch colonialists and the slave trade, and which sees the enemies of the West as brave, heroic, scrappy resistant fighters. Honestly, but again, all of this has consequences, and it creates a feedback loop. What we are seeing now is what happens when a Western world, increasingly shorn of higher purpose, gets into a hot war with a regime whose entire legitimacy stems from fighting it. You know, there was a book called on Strategy by Colonel Harry Summers, and it opened up with an exchange between two old officers, one American one Vietnamese, reunited in peace after the Vietnam War. In the book, he tells the story of these two colonels. One says, you know, you never defeated us on the battlefield. That was the American colonel, and then he says the North Vietnamese colonel pondered this remark for a moment and said that may be so, but it is also irrelevant. This is the game the Iranians are trying to play. Lose the war, survive, and become the new resistance heroes of the West. Those that help this agenda aren't anti war so much as they are on the other side. Okay, let's get straight into the discussion here and bring in our first guest writer and researcher at the Hudson Institute, Zeneb Ribua Zenev, Welcome back to the program. Thanks so much for joining me. Now, a few weeks ago, when we last spoke, it looked like the Iranian regime was close to collapse, but in the week since it seems to have deepened its resolve and despite this very shaky ceasefire is internally within Iran, I'm told, selling the message that they are resisting, in fact that they have won the war and are even back to killing dissidents. What's the latest out of Iran and how close to the collapse is this regime in your analysis?
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much for having me. I think that you know, there's always some I ERGC doing AI memes and videos and lego movies just explain how how much of a strong unit they are. But you know, don't let that fool you. On the ground, they've been absolutely, i think decapidated in terms of their abilities. They do not have the similitary abilities that they used to have. Their missiles and drone architecture is being tested and it's being destroyed. The navy has been destroyed. And here's the thing they do have a strategy, and their strategy is about having some sort of mosaic architecture. There's something they've learned after the fall of Saddam in two thousand and three. But it does not mean that they can actually have a long term survival ability for the simple reason that they're being suffocated, not just on the military side, but also on the financial side. Before Operation Epic Theory happened, the economy was not doing well, and right now they don't have cash to recruit and in fact people do not want to join them. They had to make sure that children aged twelve twelve years old joined them instead of others. So they do have several problems that they're not and of course they're denying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, that's real last days of the Third Reich stuff, when you're getting twelve year olds involved in the fight. But you know, the question then is really who is in control in Iran because obviously the leadership has been absolutely blown to bits. We've got an Eyatola who may not even be conscious. I have heard that there could be different factions between the IRGC and the political wing. With these peace talks that we're hearing about scheduled in Pakistan, who was actually talking for or representing Iran? And do they speak for, you know, some sort of coherent government. Is there even a coherent government there?
Speaker 5: I would say that there isn't for a very specific reason that they violated one of their own successions rules by appointing uh Hameni's son instead of appointing a legal scholar that has several credentials and so on, so in that in that from that point of view, I think that they do have a huge governance crisis on who is talking well right now, the administration is actually in talks precisely and with with the political side of things, with the with the Foreign Minister and other political political maneuvers and operators the i r GC. However, while they are so embedded in the political structure, I do think that they're being sidelined in a way that helps the political faction rise rise up. And you can see that for example within President Peshikyan in the middle of the operation, especially on the Iranian side, was saying to the ier GC, but also saying in general that we will not hit the golf countries. However, ten minutes later, the IERGC started hitting Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other countries. So actually they are very fragmented, but there is now I think a bigger schism between the political and the military that.
Speaker 2: That excuse them. There, I think is very important and people need to understand that there's actually two different kind of groups that have always run the country. But I'm still very interested in the IRGC because of course the second worthy revolutionary you know, that has to do with this whole ideology of resistance that Iran has always held to, and it ties in with the broader anti American movement. You've talked about this in a different way when you've talked about the phenomenon of third worldism. Does this explain this idea that they've figured out a pose that's you know, anti American and resisting that American imperialism as they call it. Is that why there's so many people on the left and in the West who seem to be supporting Iran. I mean, even if they don't say so explicitly, they're certainly not hoping America wins and defeats this regime.
Speaker 5: Well, supporting Iran makes complete sense if you are anti America and you think that America is the evil empire and that Israel is this representative in the Middle East, which means you actually agree with Iran that America is the great Satin in Israel is a little Satin. And I think that there's something, you know, you just point out about IRGC's ideology. What people do not actually understand sometimes is that it's a revolutionary regime and they genuinely have an apocalyptic vision of the world. This operation, for example, for them, it's already a certain sign of the end of the world, you know, which is why, for example, when Truck when he said something of the sort, when he said something like, you know, we're going to erase your civilization, you actually started speaking the language of the IERGC, because that's exactly how they think. That's exactly how they imagine winning against the United States look like. And that's something to take into consideration. They generally think that this is the end for them, and you can see that when they're talking about Haspola and other proxies in the levant. They understand the stakes. They understand that the end of Hespola, which is why they've been protective of it for so long, means the ends the end of the IERGC, and so obviously there is an ideological thing there, But I would stress something else. The Arab countries have changed. The region wants business, they want investments. They do no longer adhere to an ideology that wants death. And that's very actually visible in how the UAE and other countries have taken a strong stance against the Islamic Republic because one of the things that the Islamic Republic wanted was images from the Arab world chanting debt to America while the operation is ongoing and it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Isn't this a rebuke then to basically that entire Obama era foreign policy, which was such a disaster, which believed that, you know, if you did anything against any of these sorts of revolutionary Islamic movements that were anti American, you would outrage the Arab street as they always called it. And we've just shown that this absolutely doesn't exist in any sort of sense that they were saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually I had this exact same conversation with a friend of mine who told me, oh, this is you know, there's a in a Western world, there's the Arabis, And I said, you know which Arabists are we talking about? Are we talking about the West or are we talking about the Middle East, Because in fact, the Millia East is the one that is so close to Iran's aggressions. They've seen what it looked like in Syria, the cinema, it looked like in Lebanon and in Iraq. These countries want to have a state and they've been deprived from having one because they want kept promoting the proxies. So yes, I think that there is a huge, I think contrast here and it's a very dangerous one because it means that the Milla East is not only changing, but also that the threats are going to come from the West. This time it's a revolution state. So we have to keep in mind that the ideology can reproduce and fighting against it and the battlefield, but also on the information space. It's very it's very important.
Speaker 2: So then we're gonna have to leave it there. We can chat all night about this, wish we could, but maybe we can do that another time. Thank you so much for your time, as always, thank you very much. Okay, well, let's keep the conversation going now with Republican strategist and former spokesman for Senator Ted Cruz Ron naring Ron. I wanted to keep this going because so much talk about the war and all of the other flow on effects from it. We know that this conflict has not been that enthusiastically supported by some of the United States allies, and now we're seeing this flow back with Republicans and new polls showing quite a bit of discontent with NATO. Is this conflict and the flow on effects from it going to have last implications for that North Atlantic Alliance? Is the US going to pull out of NATO?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think the US would pull out of NATO because the consequences for the United States would be so negative. In terms of the United States derives a lot of benefit from its membership and leadership in the NATO alliance. For example, when Norway monitors those Russian submarines passing through Norwegian territory, they're not doing that to protect Norway. They're doing that to protect the rest of the alliance, including the United States. NATO has only been actively involved in two conflicts since World War Two since it was formed. One was in Kosovo and the other was in Afghanistan because the United States had been attacked. So I think there's some confusion out there about what the role of NATO is. It's a defensive alliance aimed at protecting the North Atlantic and European region from direct attack, particularly from Russia.
Speaker 2: But ron when we see things such as nations not even allowing the United States to overfly their own territory to pursue Iran, or to use bases within their territories, you know, at least at the start of this conflict, that does seem to suggest that there's a conflict maybe between what the Europeans think NATO's role is and what America thinks of NATO's role.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not sure that that crosses into what the role of NATO is as opposed to what the role of being an ally is on an individual bilateral basis. When Gulf Fur I was around for Gulf War one and Gulf War two, and what you saw is that President Bush forty one and forty three they had to bring the rest of the world along before launching kinetic military military action. Now, what the President and Israel launch took advantage of a particular set of circumstances in Iran, but it meant that they didn't have the opportunity to bring the rest of the world along on this. I completely agree with the administration that our allied countries individually should be allowing the US to use our bases there to engage in this conflict, particularly in terms of securing the Strait of Hormuz, which directly benefits them more than us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Indeed, hey, let's talk about some of the other things happening within the United States too. We are seeing a whole bunch of elections, by elections up and down the country. Trump endorsed Republican Clay Fuller has won Georgia's runoff election to replace former Congressman Marjorie Tayler Green, and Trump has also endorsed a former top advisor to UK Prime Minister David Cameron for governor of California, a fellow named Steve Hilton. What do you make of these two events here? And also just this sort of tide of how these elections are going that we see by elections special elections around the place. Some are falling Republican ways, some ways of falling the Democrat ways. Is there anything that we can start to discern about the mood of the country going into the midterms.
Speaker 6: Well, I think this is going to be a very very competitive environment for the midterm elections, given the ongoing challenges with respect to inflation, cost of living, and so on. And the President's been tackling those problems as aggressively as it can, but sometimes these policies take time in order to work. In terms of the election in Georgia, the by election in Georgia that's a very heavily Republican district, it was certainly expected that the Republican would win there, so I don't think that tells us anything. Steve Hilton here in California certainly has an edge up with the President's endorsement quickly going into this week's Republican state convention in San Diego. I expect that gives him an edge to emerge in the top two in the primary going forward. Some of the other by elections that have taken place in highly competitive districts show what we all know, which is that it's a very competitive environment. One big problem for the Democrats, though, is they continue to be culturally way out of the mainstream of where most Americans are, and that's why they're not doing better than they otherwise could, because they've really failed to pivot back to the to where most Americans are on a variety of issues, and financially they're also in very very bad shape. So those two things I think are limiting their ability to take advantage of the environment going into the midterms.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, Look, I think we've spoken a lot on this program about the problems that Democrats socialist wing taken taking over the Democrats. But just to stick with the Republicans for a second, before the conflict in Iran started, the theory was going everyone saying was going to be a very Trump focused campaign for the midterms. He was going to be out there. Susie Wills, the chief of staff, was saying, this was the direction this was going to go. Does the Iran war change the calculus of making this a Trump forward for lack of a better term midterms, or does it have to then go back to maybe being just that Republican brand versus, as you say, that very tarnished hard left Democrat brand.
Speaker 6: I don't think that the Republican Party has any choice but to have President Trump at the center of the midterm election campaign, because he dominates the news in every election cycle, and he defines the party more than any particular individual. Under more normal circumstances, If the president's popularity is ahead of that of the party, you lead with the president. If the party's popularity is ahead of the president, you lead with the party. But I don't think we're in a normal situation, and so I think Donald Trump is going to continue to define the Republican Party right up until his last day in office.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's absolutely correct. I don't think there's any chance of that shifting. But also just on the way that the votes are held in America, one of the things that's been very contentious is not only voter ID but also mail in voting. Now, Trump has signed an executive order to restrict the use of mail in voting, which of course played such a huge role in Joe Biden's twenty twenty win Democrat run states. I think twenty three of them are suing to block the restrictions from coming into effect. I keep coming back to this that Democrats really love all of these different alternative ways of voting because it allows them to kind of have something in the back pocket that, through organization whatever, they're very good at that what are the chances that this EO succeeds in the courts, and that this is taken out of the Democrat ledger as something that they can count on as a way to organize a whole lot of votes long before election day.
Speaker 6: Well, Republicans who Democrats have to organize their campaigns based on what the rule of the game is now. President Trump is no fan of mail in voting. His Executive Voter reflects that. But in America the control over the manner of voting is squarely in the hands of the states. There is a very very narrow nexus with the federal government, and even narrower nexus when it comes to what the president can do. The President's executive orders are not edicts. They only deal with the implementation of existing federal law, which with respect to mail in voting, is very limited to begin with. So how much of an impact this is going to have, I think it's going to be marginal at best. But what I think Republicans certainly have to do is wage campaigns that in many states we don't have election day anymore. We have a six week period during which people are voting, and then up to a thirty day period thereafter which where they continue to count ballots. In Florida, they'll know the election results the day after the election. In California, we don't know till thirty days later, and that's given rise to a great deal of frustration with the system as it currently is, particularly in states like California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think that's right. A great point about the executive board is Ron. Finally, before I let you go, I just want to talk about JD. Vance, who's been out in Hungary this week with Prime Minister Victor Orbon on the campaign trail. Theres he seeks reelection and apparently he's also going to be playing a role in these peace talks between Iran and the United States and Pakistan. I see that he's suddenly getting a bit more attention after all of this focus that's been on Rubio in recent weeks. Do you make anything of Vance taking this center stage, high profile role again after a lot of people were saying, gee, look at that Mark Rubio.
Speaker 6: Well, Marca Rubio has certainly been very, very impressive in dealing with friend and foe alike in his term as Secretary of State. Really brilliant choice by President Trump to name him. And certainly there's a great deal of speculation that Marco Rubio may leave the administration to the midterm election and may run for president himself.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 6: Vance has the struggle of being the number two to a president who clearly dominates every election cycle. And so I think after the midterm elections, when we move into the twenty twenty eight cycle, you'll see an increasing effort on the part of Vice President Vance to define himself in his own way as he prepares to run for president. But I don't think that he is going to be the only Republican who runs for president. I think there will be a field of multiple candidates, which may or may not include Marco Rubio. But the first step in the Vance effort is going to be to build his own network across the country, not just rely on the network of someone else that in that case President Trump, and he has to go out and define himself in terms of who he is, not just the number two man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Ron, I think the Republicans have a pretty deep bench actually heading into twenty twenty eight. We're going to have to leave it there, though. We'll talk about that next time. Run Daring, thanks so much for your time. Now stick around because in a few minutes I'm going to be joined by the great John Heindraker, who's got a few things to say about those calls to remove Trump from office. But first, it's a big weekend coming up, and maybe you're going to do a bit of yard work, you know, get the lawn looking ship shape, that sort of thing. And if you're going to do that, well, I hate to tell you this, but that just might make you racist.
Speaker 6: I can't stop thinking about how grass lawns are racist and like based in white supremacy. If that doesn't make sense, that's okay, I guess it seems really obvious to me.
Speaker 7: It's really upsetting.
Speaker 3: Bring back weeds, bring back clover yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somehow I didn't think she had any problem with weed, I mean weeds. Sorry, anyway, don't go anywhere. John Heinrager is up next. Welcome back to the program. Well let's get right into it now and bring in the president of the Center for the American Experiment, John Heinderecher. John, Welcome back to the program. Gonna have a chat here, first of all about a really interesting and surprising statement today made by First Lady Milania Trump demanding that Congress allows survivors of the late financier Jeffrey Epstein's horrific crimes to publicly testify about what happened to them. She also said Epstein did not act alone. Have a look.
Speaker 8: I call on Congress to provide the women who have been victimized by Epstein with the public hearing specifically centered around the survivors. Give the victims their opportunity to testify under oath in front of Congress with the power of sworn testimony.
Speaker 2: John, quite a powerful statement. But I did not have this on my BINGO card when I woke up this morning. What do you think is a motivation for this? I know it's all speculation at this point. Is she trying to get out in front of a story? What is going on here? What's your read on this?
Speaker 9: Well, James, it was news to me. But apparently liberals have been circulating false rumors about Milania Trump having some kind of relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. They're saying Epstein introduced her to Donald Trump, you know whatever, and also they are creating AI generated images purporting to show Mulania Trump with Jeffrey Epstein. And I think basically what happened here is that she was fed up with the lies being perpetrated about her on social media, and so she went on video here in the White House and gave that statement, and most of the statement was devoted to attacking the people who've been lying about her with respect to Jeffrey Epstein. And then she had this comment about the victims of Jeffrey Epstein testifying publicly in front of Congress or whatever, and you know whatever, I mean, if there are, if there are victims who want to do that, I'm fine with it. And so if there are a few, you know, actual teenage victims of Epstein who who wanted to come and testify publicly, you know, great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no. I just thought it was a very very odd way to start the day. But meanwhile, I also want to talk about some of these other bizarre calls from somebody else, Nancy Pelosi, remember her, among other prominent Democrats who are now calling for President Trump to be removed from office over his handling of Iran and saying they need to invoke the constitutional amendment that says he's unfit for office. I have to ask John, you know, they're saying he's unfit, he's mentally unstable. Where were they when Joe Biden was embarrassing himself publicly speaking gibberish in front of world leaders and falling up the stairs.
Speaker 9: James, this is complete mad There have been calls from the Democrats for a military coup, calls for leaders of other countries to intervene and remove Trump from office, and as you said, demands that the twenty fifth Amendment be invoked on the ground that Trump is disabled. This is complete madness. Obviously none of that is going to happen. The talk has deranged, James, but there is a reason for it. The Democrats are laying the groundwork for an impeachment proceeding. If the Democrats take control of the House of Representatives in the midterm election, which they probably will, they absolutely will impeach Donald Trump. And I think that's why they are now going through all these absurd claims about booting them out of office one way or another.
Speaker 2: Well, are we talking? I know that impeachment is obviously the thing that they dream of, And as I've said before on this program, I think we're going to get to the point in America where impeachment proceedings almost run parallel to presidencies because they becomes so overused. But do we know what sort of shape that might take, because you know, the twenty fifth Amendment is about mental incapacity or physical incapacity. But wouldn't there be some particular, I don't know, scandal that they will be trying to latch on to. Where do we not know yet?
Speaker 9: Well, James, I don't think they need a scandal. They've already impeached Trump twice, but both times not absurd grounds. You know, they'll type up a document that says something. I'm sure the fact that he talked about obliterating Iranian culture or whatever that phrase was, I'm sure that'll feature prominently. Is that grounds for impeachment? Of course not. But it's a political process. It's a political remedy, and if they have a one vote margin in the House of Representatives, they will impeach President Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, isn't that just gonna be a lot of fun? John, Hey, I want to talk about a more serious story, a little less fun here. But we all remember that shocking story about the day aged homeless man to Carlos Brown, who was accused of allegedly savagely killing a twenty three year old Ukrainian refugee, Arena Zaruska on a Charlotte light rail trade. Well, he's been now found to be incapable to proceed on state murder charges because apparently he's not mentally competent. They've asked to delay his competency hearing, and people are asking the question, what is going on here, because at the same time, this guy had been convicted of a whole bunch of other crimes in the past, stood trial for a whole bunch of crimes in the past, and he never was found incompetent. So what has changed here.
Speaker 9: Well, as you know, James, this was a finding from a psychiatrist, a psychiatric evaluation. Sometime down the road, I guess there'll be a hearing in the state court. Meanwhile, this guy is in custody, not in state court, but in federal court, and there are federal court claims against him, prosecution of him that is going to go forward. So I don't think this is going to have a lot of impact in the law and run. But James, what this really illustrates is the dysfunction of the criminal justice system in many large cities. And as you said, this is a guy who has been arrested in charged something like fourteen times, and they keep letting him back out on the street, and somebody says, oh my gosh, this guy is so far gone. He isn't even competent enough to stand trial.
Speaker 2: It's just a horrific, horrific story. But John, before I'll let you go, there's another story that I've found fascinating. This hasn't gotten very much attention, but apparently we've seen a growing number of blue states, Democrat run states proposing so called exit taxes for high net worth people in states like California and New York and Washington, d C. And Michigan who are looking to move to other more business friendly, lower tax jurisdictions. Of this seems like, I mean, I know the left, you know, it's like the Berlin Wall all over again. Within the United States. They're proposing here punishing people for trying to leave because of their own lousy state tax systems and management.
Speaker 9: James, that's exactly right. This is the East German approach. Don't make your state a desirable place to live, make it illegal to leave your state, or at least expensive to leave. And of course, the states that are proposing these exit taxes are all blue states. The red states don't have to worry about keeping their residents. They have to worry about what to do with the millions of people who are trying to move in because they're fleeing Blue states. It's kind of a crazy situation. But building walls to prevent people from leaving didn't work for East Germany and it isn't going to work for California and New York either.
Speaker 2: John. It's just shocking. But I'm gonna have to leave with the thank yous and what for your time? As always great to chat. Now, stick around because we're gonna take a quick break and when we come back, Mri DeAngelis will tell us more about the race communism taking hold in New York City. Is this a sneak preview of what the left has planned for the rest of the country. But before we go, check this out ms NOW host Lawrence O'Donnell. He's a very serious man, and you can tell by the way he speaks with a serious, clenched jaw. Well, he's mad. He's mad at Secretary of War Pete Hagsith. He's offended, and he's not gonna take it anymore. You'll never guess why.
Speaker 10: That brilliant rescue was described by the Secretary of Defense as a longstanding American military rule of never leaving anyone behind.
Speaker 2: We leave no man behind.
Speaker 10: That is, of course, the old school version of the idea, back when only men flew American military plans. General Dan Caine.
Speaker 7: Put it this way, we leave no one behind.
Speaker 10: The general knows, unlike Pete hegsaf that that could have been a woman they were trying to rescue.
Speaker 2: Oh man, sorry, I mean, oh person. The US pulls off an amazing historic rescue. And this is what the left is angry about. There's just no pleasing some people. But stick around because Corea Dangelis is around. After the break, welcome back to the program. Now we have to have a little chat here tonight about California governor and Democratic presidential hopeful Gavin Newsom's wife, because the California governor, as I say, has aspirations of becoming president someday, possibly in twenty twenty eight, which would make his wife the first lady. And while he's trying to portray himself as this very moderate candidate, we've also been allowed a sneak peek into conversations around the Newsome family dinner table. Here's a clip that's been doing the rounds on social media this week, Jennifer Seaville Newsome claiming that we have to use government powers to guess what stop boys from becoming right wing boys.
Speaker 11: To spend time online? Are moving a little bit are I'm trying not to be political here, but are moving to the right and being sort of influenced by the Andrew Tates and some of that sort of alt right socialization online that we know is very, very dangerous. We're working on legislation to hold tech companies accountable and help them be a force for good in our kids and families' lives.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and this, by the way, isn't the only time she's said something a little bit out there. She's also suggested that prisoners in San Quentin were probably there because of an accident no different to the one she was involved in when she killed her sister with a golf cart when they were kids.
Speaker 12: I think it shocked them that this you know, blonde lady who was you know the interviewing them, had a similar story. It was perhaps in the wrong place at the wrong time, and but wasn't punished the way they were because clearly it was an accident. But their's was probably an accident too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoopsie. And of course she also said that there would be less racism and bigotry in tech companies if women were in charge.
Speaker 11: Look at tech at Silicon Valley. Had more women been early on in those companies or at the tables of power making decisions, I don't think we would have so much or have allowed for so much sort of bigotry, racism, misogyny and hate online.
Speaker 2: Well, talking about this and a whole lot more, let's bring in research fellow at the Heritage Foundation, Corey DeAngelis. Corey Gavin Newsom's wife. She is the gift that keeps on giving. What seriously, this is the potential first lady we're looking at. How big a problem is this for Gavin Newsom? Is he tries to portray himself as this sort of you know, nice guy moderate who goes on sent to right podcasts.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is a huge problem for Gavin Newsom. And I bet you he's hoping that those interviews weren't made public. She's really you know, you almost got to feel bad for the guy because she's kind of bought into the far left gender ideology of just hating men and going going off the deep end with this radical feminism. So you know what really gets me though, is how you know, she said that she would she would have her boys play with dolls and that, and that you know that you had to use the heavy hand of government to make sure that they don't act like their actual boy and they're not far right. It's just so crazy that that you have this.
Speaker 2: Oh then the.
Speaker 7: Other thing is that you called her first lady a couple of times. She probably take issue with that. There was another clip that surfaced where she said, no, you have to call me the first partner, not the first lany. So it's just it's just she's gone off the deep end with the with the insanity from from the left on gender ideology.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, first partner, potential first partner. But you know, let me let me just explore this with you, because you spend a lot of time in the education sphere, Corey, And one of the things that struck me there also was this whole idea that the boys are going off, you know, to these right wing kind of podcasts and stuff like that. But why don't people like her ever wonder what boys are being told about themselves in schools, the public schools particularly, you know, that they're all potential rapists and violent criminals, and you know, all of this sort of thing when they wonder why boys say, you know what, there's something wrong here, I'm gonna go look for some other sort of validation to my identity.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right. You have the school system that's built for trying to feminize society. Basically, they tell young boys that they have to sit in their seat and if they don't, they're going to medicate them because they have ADHD or some other disorder. And you know, for boys to hear that they're you know, just have toxic masculinity through the school system, of course, they're going to seek out alternatives like podcasts. So I think, yeah, another way to fix this is to fix the government school system and to stop telling boys that they can't be boys. And the thing is the Newsom's opposed school choice for other families. They send their own kids to private school and they had those opportunities, but they pull up the ladder from behind themselves and try to lock other people's kids in the failing government school system.
Speaker 2: Corey, I cannot believe that you're suggesting that democrats and people on the left are hypocrites when it comes to this sort of thing, honestly, But let's go to the other side of the country where New York City, they're Democrats, socialist mayors around mom Donnie is trying to push a whole new program of what I think can only be called race communism after he discovered that white families were wealthier on average and black families and it was up to him to do something about it. How a look at this.
Speaker 13: Our commitment now is to act upon these findings, to do so in concert with New Yorker's comments, as we've now opened a public comment period for the next thirty days, to ensure that we have a city where we are reckoning with the long history of racism here and starting to act upon a framework that puts equity right at the center of it.
Speaker 2: He had equity there. That's always a key word when you hear that. Grab your wallet of what is your reaction to this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's not talking about equality of opportunities, talking about using the force of government to redistribute wealth on the basis of race, which seems to me to be unconstitutional. I'd be a violation of the Civil Rights Act, and it's raised so many red flags here in America that the Department of Justice has actually weighed in Harmik Dillon on X responded saying, this this smells fishy. We're looking into it, so we'll see if this holds up in court. I don't believe it would, but you know, he ran as a democrat socialists, and so you know, when they tell you who they really are, you should believe them and not put them into office. The thing is, the teachers Union backed Zooram Mumdani after he went to a private school himself. He went to a selective Magnet school of sorts in New York City as well, and now he wants to get rid of gifted and talented because I think it's because there's too many white kids gifted and talented, according to Zorrah on Mumdani. But he was able to have that opportunity. Why try to close that door for other families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, that's right, that's right. Hey. Finally, just speaking of hypocrisy, I just wanted to throw this one at you here from Illinois. Now the Obama Presidential Center, This ugly brutalist iy sore that looks more like a secret police headquarters in a presidential library. It's basic a wave of backlash head of opening because get this. Now, you know how the Democrats are like, oh, you shouldn't have to show ID to vote. Well, apparently you're gonna have show ID to receive free admission on certain days. This is just lefty hypocrisy at its finest, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they won't vote for the Save America Act. It require ID to vote, which should be the most basic thing to require ID for. So, according to Democrat logic, this, you know, Obama Library or monument in Illinois, they're gonna bar black Americans from being able to access it because, according to Democrats, they're not able to figure out how to get a ninety ID to vote, So they're not gonna be able to go to the Obama Center commemorating the first black president.
Speaker 5: In the United States.
Speaker 7: That's that's the peak hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, Corey, thanks so much for your time. I'm gonna have to leave it there, speak to you soon now. Stick around because Only in America is coming up next and there's gonna be a little NATO theme there. But before we hit the brake, one of the things that drives me nuts is the way everyone is acting, like the whole issue of European powers not doing enough for their own defense and frighting off the fight. Writing off the eggs is a new thing. It's not true. Check out this clip I dug out and here's a blast of the past. It's of Joe Biden back in nineteen eighty eight, back when you had all his marbles. And tell me listening to this, if he doesn't sound almost a little bit trumpy.
Speaker 14: Germany, if you're unwilling to reflate your market and take on your responsibility and the rest of the world as a world leader, why are we the only ones that have that responsibility? Why are we the only economic game? And we are clearly the biggest. We can say that to the Germans and our friends in Europe. We're all in this. NATO's important. We stick with NATO. But I'm not sure we need two hundred and eighty nine thousand American troops at a cost of total cost of one hundred and two billion dollars. If you had everything on it, maybe you should do more.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Funny, I don't remember anybody losing their mind about that. At the time. But that was then, and this is now. Don't go away. Only in America's coming at you after the break. Welcome back to the program. And now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. Well, you know the phrase, who's your daddy? It's a question really as old as time if you think about it, but it's taken on a whole new meeting after NATO Secretary General Mark Ruta referred to Donald Trump as daddy at a meeting last year. Now the press, naturally has been curious about this, and well today he finally put the issue to bed.
Speaker 1: We had a sort of pre summit meeting the President and I in June in the Hague, and he had been very angry that day with Iran and is Israel. This was in June last year, and I and in that she would say, hey, the translation of your father is daddy. And I would say, I said, hey, yeah, sometimes daddy has to be angry. So I was not calling in my daddy but saying, but of course daddy has has also a special quotation. And I now have to live as this to guess of my life, and I own it, and President owns it because he brought out T shirts, he made a movie Daddy's Home, and he returned to the United States. Are so funny and this is why I like him so much. But hey, yeah, you make mistakes.
Speaker 2: Gee I knew Trump had kids all over the place, but this is ridiculous. Anyway, that's all the time we have this week. Enjoy the weekend, and I'll see a Sunday, not a bright and early for outsiders. Bye bye, MHM.