Speaker 1: Apogae production.
Speaker 2: Okay to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 2: Something happened the other day where I was trying to work out something on my phone and Holly turned around and went, oh, you know you could do this. I can't even remember what it was. I was like, it blew my mind.
Speaker 1: I was like what I was like?
Speaker 2: How did I never know that my phone.
Speaker 1: Could do that? Yeah, because you're a millennial. Okay, calm down. Was it you creating your own emoji?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that. I've got no surprise myself.
Speaker 3: You can create your own emoji of like your own face so that you come up instead of all the smiley faces. You know.
Speaker 2: Have you done that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I put in like something like fun forty fabulous, loves champagne, and then it selects it from then your photo type and then generates like these emojis.
Speaker 1: Now I said I love champagne.
Speaker 3: It did not need to give me two glasses of champagne.
Speaker 1: It just like could have stopped with one.
Speaker 2: So when you call, is that what comes up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Like you know on the bottom, when you can send emoji's like hey babe, how are you? It's rach here and like instead of putting like the smiley face with the winking you put in your little emoji.
Speaker 2: So you could say it like you it's Rach here, and then the emoji of yougne like just in case I didn't know who Rach was.
Speaker 1: Coming from?
Speaker 2: Your number? Like that's such a So we're millennial. What's the boomer is that the older one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Got My dad still to this day puts at the end of a text, love Dad, like I don't know who it's come from. Am I bad mum for being out of touch?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I spend most of my time out of touch. I learn a lot nowadays in the car to and from drop off to high school.
Speaker 1: I'm learning so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to get on TikTok and you're learning.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no no.
Speaker 3: If I really want you and I'm in that headspace, I can piss up the wall so many hours on Instagram actually get real down on myself afterwards, like real kicking cans, like.
Speaker 1: You just wasted three hours of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and didn't even read anything inspirational or helping.
Speaker 1: Any value to somebody else's life. Age. You just pissed three hours.
Speaker 2: I just watched someone go get ready with me. No, so I have been brought into a whole new world of teenagers.
Speaker 1: Going to concerts. Yes, my girls.
Speaker 2: As you know massive Billie Eilish fans. Billie Eilish came to Brisbane. They bought three tickets for three of her four shows, much to my horror, and I actually kept saying, you are not spending your money on another ticket to Billy, it's the same concert you're.
Speaker 1: Going to, same show, same show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a losing battle and they ended up with three tickets to three of the shows. Not only that, they planned to camp out so they could get barricade, which is.
Speaker 1: Mind blowing in itself.
Speaker 2: Where Billy does like a run around and touches everyone's hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just need to ask the question, did they touch her hand?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Twice and bloody thank god for it, Rache. I got to the point where I was so anxious about it. In fact, I text you so the girls were down there camping. Jay went down with camper van because he was worried about two sixteen year old girls in a tent overnight next to boonebo train station.
Speaker 3: I text you, yeah, it's pretty funny. You text me about the girls camping out, and then we sort of spun it into how terrible your living conditions.
Speaker 1: Were at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're in Boondle at the train station, Whereas in my head I was thinking when you said they were camping out, in my head, I thought they were like just outside the gates to the entertainment center, so I didn't think train station. But the train station is basically on top of the entertainment center, right.
Speaker 2: And as we know, train stations dodgy times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first person that ever flashed me, like you know, flashy, was like at the Zilmia train station, which I think is like the next one on from Boondle. So in my head I was like, you can't let the girls be there. But then Jay took the hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jay went down there, and so I text you and said, they're currently battling mosquitoes in the tent, and you said four things. Are you doing okay with the animals? You'll clean bed and mossie insiet, are you coping okay? So I send a photo of me with my feet up on the lounge watching TV, saying I'm.
Speaker 1: Hanging in their tough conditions.
Speaker 2: So Monday after school. My instructions were pe at school early. We're running straight out. The camping stuff's all in my car already. I've got to not speed, but go as fast as i can. Yeah, down to the entertainment center. They get out of the car, there's a whole bunch of people already there camping. They put up their tent and they get a wristband. Right, and the people already there camping are camping for the Tuesday night concert.
Speaker 1: So that was the first one, right's first one.
Speaker 2: The girls are there camping for the Wednesday night concert. They are number one and number two in line for Wednesday night's concert. This is going to blow your mind because the whole thing is run by the fans. Right, Because they were number one and number two in line, they had to run the line it's called, which meant we had to go and buy five hundred wristbands from office works. It's like two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Also, did the girls know that this was going to be part of their roles and responsibilities of going to Billie Eilish.
Speaker 2: No, it's because they were the first ones there, so they were in charge of putting wristbands on everybody else. That arrived there for the Wednesday night concert, which meant rage. They had to stay up all night because people were turning up at all different times of the night. They had to put a wristband on with a number so that it was all fair and they were all going to get in in order that they came right. They have stayed Monday night, they've said, Tuesday night, I've gone down. They've had like three hours sleep.
Speaker 1: Rage, And you went down what day with and took them snacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they looked like a couple of homeless, like true hobos. Yeah, they had shoes, no shoes, same clothes that they got there in. They had three hour sleep. And then what they have to do is the security for the entertainment center only work with the person that's running the line, because otherwise, if everybody knows the plan, there's too many people running to get their spot.
Speaker 1: All the rest of it.
Speaker 2: The girls were told they had to wake everyone up at two am on the Wednesday morning. Yeah, the gates would open at three am. They had to send the people in batches of fifty fifty. Jay's there trying to help out, trying to be organized. He's the bloody line nuts. This poor girl steps out of line.
Speaker 1: He goes, where are you going?
Speaker 2: She goes, I'm just kidding, my pillow. He's like, get to the back of the line. Honestly, Range, It's.
Speaker 1: Like he took his job way too seriously.
Speaker 2: There were no other adults there. It was just Jay helping out the girls. And then all these kids that had been camping out for realie eilish, if they didn't have a wristband. He was sending them to the back of the Oh my gosh, this is so good. Then at about eight nine am they open up the doors to the sports hall and the five hundred people that had been camping with wristbands are allowed into the sports hall. And then by the time the doors opened properly at like six pm, the time normal people go to the concert, right, the security come and get them and allow them to go in in line and get their spot before the doors open to the normal general public.
Speaker 3: Once I get to the sports hall, they don't have to stay in their lines, do they.
Speaker 1: They can just sort of mingle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the entertainment sent to replaced their wristbands. I spent two hundred dollars on the How.
Speaker 1: Else was everyone else doing it?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 3: Surely the other people would have come with their own structure of like being able to manage everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like a nickel on the hand. Number one, I wasn't informed enough.
Speaker 2: I feel like the girls were very prepared, but we weren't prepared for running the line, like it was stressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's nothing telling you that you're going to be running the line for five hundred people. No, no, five hundred people. That's not like U fifty here, like it's like holy shit. Now, Jay was like running the line.
Speaker 2: They went to the Wednesday concert. They don't even remember it. They were so fucking tired. I made them get up and go to school on the Thursday Friday. They then went back to Boondle on the Friday evening. Yeah, they did the Friday Friday night concert. They left two songs early so they could run back around camp again and camp again, and that night rage I was like, I am confident. This is a nice little community of you know, good billy fans. Left them there on their own. J came home.
Speaker 1: Jay come home. Yeah, Oh gosh, that's just so much camping just at Boondle. I know, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan of you know a lot of people, but I don't know if I'd line up for that long. But you know we are of a different age group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're millennial in the room.
Speaker 3: Well don't know, you don't understand Billy and how powerful she is.
Speaker 1: We have never been teenagers. We've never been there.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Billie Eilish, I can't say they've ever done it. So I'm very proud of them showing absolute like this for you as a parent, reflectively great.
Speaker 1: Work, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean they are the biggest Billy Eilish fans of dedication, dedication to the point where they will say, mum, do you know Billy donated a million dollars to climate change.
Speaker 1: She's done this, she's done that.
Speaker 2: She's all about her fans. It was like, if she is all about her fans, why is she still charging you two hundred dollars for a ticket and making you camp for two days to get here.
Speaker 1: And she didn't dress like she's sustainable. Oh I don't get it. She is ur iconic. She's going to be one of those artists that are.
Speaker 3: You know, like the Madonnas, the Mariah carry the ones that you just know whatever because her boys is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the stress is like a twelve year old boy.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Nope,