Speaker 1: Appolge production, Golferent Fire with Gollie Electric.
Speaker 2: This is not a how to guide for people wanting to get into the industry. I don't want people to think that they're going to necessarily learn something here. It's more just a fun and interesting take on the industry, but also just coming from my point of view. I'm sitting down with my producer getting down to the nitty gritty of the sex worker industry. People stay in hotels for business or for pleasure. Well, in my world it's for both. Most of the work that I do is facilitated out of hotel rooms all around the country. I have platinum membership everywhere I have worked from home before. It has its you know, pros and cons, that's for sure. The pros being that you're available really at any time. If you're home, you can decide to take a booking that comes your way. With me, I have to organize accommodation, pack a bag, take myself there, check in, get myself ready. It's honestly quite a process, so it can be a bit tricky. I'm definitely shooting myself in the foot in terms of bookings. I have to turn away a lot of bookings because it's just not the right time. It's nine o'clock at night. I'm in my pajamas, I'm ready, low, I don't wait to pajamas. I'm ready for bed, like I'm done. But you know, I'm not actually going to go get a hotel room at nine o'clock at night and check in and go through that whole process. It's just it's too much. So, yeah, there are women who work from home. That works really well for them. I've done it before. It was great. Definitely kept my overheads down because my expenses are actually so high. But yeah, I enjoy being in hotel rooms. I definitely have ended up in a point where the hotel room is getting nicer and nicer and nicer because I spend so much time in them. I have to be comfortable and they have to be a little bit bougie, and it just makes me feel a little bit better about myself and I get cute lighting and fun mini bars. Yeah, I'm in hotels twenty four to seven. I do tend to stick to the same hotels whenever I come into a city or a town. I feel really comfortable going to the same hotel that I've stayed in before, So I tend not to switch it up too much.
Speaker 1: What happens when you check in.
Speaker 2: Checking in can be quite embarrassing at times because people checking you in love to ask why you're staying there. But generally Sydney Melbourne they don't ask. There's so many people in those hotels coming and going, they don't give two shits what you're doing. It's the smaller, say, regional towns. I've stayed in Newcastle before where the one check in desk was right at the lift and I had to nod and look at the person behind the front desk every time I went and collected a client, and that was just horrifying. I had somebody recently they wrote to me. I just put questions up on Instagram where people can write whatever, and somebody wrote in and said, I work for a hotel chain and we know every time a sex worker is coming through, and we will often say so what brings you into town, just to see what kind of response we get. And that for me was such a light bulb moment because here I am thinking that they just have no idea whatsoever, and knowing that they're all clued on and they know single white female with a big bag who's come from a couple of streets away. She's staying for one night and has no good reason why she's staying. Yeah, kind of, I probably stand out like I saw thumb. Things are very different now I can check in without really any fuss. But back a few years ago, when it was illegal in some states to work out of a hotel room, say in Melbourne Adelaide, there's a few places where you know, you're checking into hotel rooms and you're really trying to not draw any attention to you because any type of trouble with the hotel or the checking in process, or them being suspicious or them seeing clients come and go could literally get me arrested. So it's very different now. Now, I, you know, with my platinum status wherever I go and stay and my rewards that I get, it's a very different, very different experience. Now I'm not so paranoid in hotel rooms. I've had a couple of run ins with hotel staff, or they'll give you just a cheeky grin, or you know, they just kind of let on that they know what is going on, or say, you know, I've had a couple of times where I've been with a client very naked, and the fire alarms go off. Or there was an instance actually on the Gold Coast where there was a domestic disagreement going on. I'm going to I don't know why I said disagreement. This poor woman in the room next door. I'm with client, trying to be all sexy and fun and doing my thing, and you could hear her being slapped and screamed at and he's yelling that he's going to kill her, and I had to call police, and then police have to come to the room. And here I am with somebody that I've known for twenty minutes. We are both in robes. It's two o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday or something, and the cops are just looking at us both just like Okay, well you know what's going on here. But yeah, wild stuff happens in hotels all the time. I've even had this actually really really scared me. So I'm one of those people who when I'm going to bed in a hotel room, I'll make sure I lock the door. I do the little flip things so my door can't be open. Then I go to bed. I don't think to lock it during the day or I don't think to lock it when I've got clients in the afternoon, say, or early evening, it doesn't cross my mind to do it. I actually had an instance recently here in Brisbane at a hotel that I say out quite often, and I was with a client. There was music playing, we were laughing, talking. I think at that stage I was just in a G string. He was completely naked, and you could tell that there were people in the room. Like we were talking over the top of music. The person who worked for the hotel was bringing us in a thank you plate for being a platinum member, just a plate of fruit and stuff like that. Anyway, I did not hear this guy knock, but also he heard that there were people in the room. And I just happened to get up to walk to the other side of the room. I think I was just grabbing water and I turn around and in the entryway to the room was standing a man holding a plate of fruit. And he just looked at me and I am full tits out in a G string and I just look at him and freeze. He does nothing apart from get the biggest smile on his face. He was so thrilled with himself.
Speaker 3: I grabbed my boobs edged backwards like I was moonwalking, and I just turned the corner and got out of there, and then he.
Speaker 2: Left the room. I was so scared and so freaked out. I actually believe that when I checked in, and so I checked in maybe for forty five minutes prior, I believe that he actually knew who I was. And I believe that he came into the room knowing that I was in there with a client, and he just let himself in because I know people who work for hotels, and if you can hear that there's a noise music, people talking, you do not enter the room. The fact that I didn't hear him knock and he just came in. Also the fact that he didn't turn to look away or apologize or back out of the room or anything like that. He just stood there smiling at me while I left, just really really got to me. That really freaked me now, so now I just constantly lock the door no matter what. Clients still sketch out and get very nervous and think that everybody is looking at them and watching them. And even last night I had a couple of clients where I had to be like, no one is watching you, Nobody is thinking that you're weird. You look like you look completely normal. People are coming and going out of hotels all the time. People are sitting on seats, people are having a drink. People, there are just people constantly. There's people on phones. People would like like, there's just stuff happening constantly. No one's looking at you. Nobody's thinking what is this guy doing. Why has he got a bag? He looks like he's fresh from work. Who's he meeting. Nobody's thinking that. So, yeah, it used to be a lot harder, but now it's really quite easy. The best thing that you can do is just follow the advice that I've given, which is you need to come to this floor. You get in the lift, don't dawdle, don't hang out in the lobby. Head straight to this floor. Usually it's safe for me last night, it's okay. Well, if you walk in, go straight to the lift, go to the rooftop bar, you can get yourself a drink, or you can just take a seat. There's generally not a lot of staff, or if they are staff, they're just hospitality staff, not actual hotel staff. And then I'll come and collect you from there. So you just follow the instructions. It's really not that hard. The worst thing that you can do is to actually go to the front desk and say, oh, hi, I'm here to see Carli Electric. Can you let her know I'm here? Well, first of all, who's Carli Electric? Secondly, they're not going to do that. That draws attention to the fact that you're a random man who's just turned up Like it's just but you hear about it all the time it happens.
Speaker 1: What would be the maximum, Like, say you've got it's a super popular night and you've got heaps, how many would you limit it to?
Speaker 2: It's as many as the towels will allow. Towels is the bane of my existence. I can only see as many clients for as many towels that I've got. I can't be seeing six clients if I've got two towels. They have to shower, but they want like generally they want to shower. They've been at work, like, they want to shower, they want to be fresh. Plus I make them anyway, I would never see anybody without them showering first, So I have to have towels for them. It's a massive red flag to hotels. If I've just checked in, I'm by myself, they've just checked me in. I go up and then I call them and say, oh, hi, I need more towels. Well, there's only one of you. There's two clean towels there that you haven't used yet. Why do you need more towels? So they are a bit weird with that. That's a massive red flag for them. That's a huge well what's going on? So I will book a twin bedroom, so rooms that I stay in have two beds, so they're thinking that there's four people max. That automatically gives me four towels, which is a lot. Really, I don't I don't know if anybody else does this, but I don't want to waste a towel on me, so I never use a towel. You get those kind of medium size like hand towels, and they're my towels, like that's what I use. I use a towel that's like a four size essentially for me. I never use a towel ever. It's actually a weird thing that I've been doing for so long that when I go and stay at a hotel. Recently, I was just on holiday and I checked into a hotel and not thinking, I went and used the little handtail to dry myself and my friend and was like, what are you doing. There's a towel for you, And I was like, oh my god, I can use a towel. It's ingrained in me. I can't waste a towel because if I waste a towel on me, that's essentially me losing out on minimum seven hundred dollars. So yeah, towels are number one, number one generally for me. It's to answer your question for people, MAX for me is my sweet spot. It's a really good amount of money. I'm not too exhausted, I have my mental health in check. I still have time to go out, do things, hang out with friends, have good time.
Speaker 1: Do you make the bed between clients?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, this is the This is a really big secret, and this is really exposing what us sex workers actually do. So there's a type of guy out there, and it's probably fifty percent of my inquiries for a tour is they want to be the first client. I think it's just they don't like the thought that maybe I've been run through or I've been having sex for seven hours straight and then they're going to come to me and maybe they feel icky whatever anyway, So I essentially no, this is going to get me into This is me shooting myself in the foot right now. I pretend multiple times over that they're the very first client. Ah oh God. So I have become proficient at making sure the bed is pristine. They even have like little cards or like little signs that when you check into a hotel room, they're like, hey, you know your bed is very clean and it was made by Susan, and so I will put that back on the bed. I make the pillows perfect. I try and get out every wrinkle from the bed. I also remove any rubbish or any sign that anybody else has been in the room. And I'm talking like, I go over the bed and make sure there is absolutely no body hair whatsoever in the shower, nothing, there's nothing in the bins, so the bins are empty. You know, after I see a client at the end, there's condom wrappers, there's use condoms, there's wipes, there's use towels, everything everywhere, and so I have to quickly and I'm literally running in lingerie usually making sure the whole room is spotless. Before I go down and collect the next client, and I make out that I've just checked in and that they're the first one, and yeah, but I have to do that. If I didn't do that, I would be missing out on literally thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: Do you take the condoms off or do they take them with them?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: See it this is Oh these are all really good questions. And these are all things that we just do not talk about out loud. This is all very behind the scenes stuff that nobody knows anything about.
Speaker 1: That's what this podcast is.
Speaker 2: I know, And sometimes I'm like, goly, shut up. Okay. Condoms are a tricky one. If oh see, this is giving away so many secrets. If you seem trustworthy, if I think that you look like a nice person, I will let you take your own condom off, and I will watch you do it. I'll be standing there with wipes. I will hand you the wipes and invite you to take off your own condom. Generally guys want to do that. If I if I just think that I don't know, if I'm not getting that kind of like trustworthy vibe from someone, or if I don't know, it's maybe later at night and I'm a bit tired or something. I like to be in control of it. I like to know, Okay, I've got the condom, yes, seemen in there, Okay, I'm putting it in this bin. I've wrapped it up, and I'm kind of in control of the whole situation. I'm a little bit more lax if maybe I don't have back to back clients and maybe they're a repeat client and I trust them. Yeah, I just need to know where the condoms are because essentially I do need to I don't need any nasty surprises of a future client finding a condom that I didn't realize got thrown on the floor or flung over here, or there's a wrapper over there, like I have to be in control of it because yeah, I but also, you know, you don't want to walk into I think it's you know when you walk when you check into a hotel and you walk in and you see someone else's hair on your bed, you're kind of like, eh, oh, oh, there are other people here. Yeah, of course that's what happens in hotel rooms. There are constant people there. So yeah, it's that kind of like I don't want to make anybody uncomfortable or put themselves, put them in a position where they're a little bit grossed out, or anything like that. I want them to feel like everything is above board and clean and beautiful and well put together, and everything's neat and clean.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have situations where people try and take the condom off?
Speaker 2: Yes, stealthy luckily has become illegal in most states. I think it's only just about to come in in Queensland, but it's already in New South Wales and Victoria that it's an illegal act. It's actually classed as rape because essentially by them removing the condom, they're essentially removing your consent, because you have consented to having sex with a condom on and so if it's removed without your knowledge, it's class as rape now, which it's nice that it's been taken seriously. I have had it recently happen on tour, where somebody removed a condom without my knowledge and flung it across the room. It was a very eye opening experience and definitely ended the booking right there. And then I was so mad, I was inconsolable. I was I could feel the steam coming out of my ears. I was that angry. I just needed to get this dickhead out of the room. It does happen because men sometimes don't like you know, they give all the excuses. I don't like the feeling of condoms. I don't like to use them. I've never used them before. It's so imperative in my world that condoms are used. Not only does it keep me safe, but it also keeps the client safe. We don't know each other. There is that knowledge that sex workers are the most tested people in Australia. And we are all sex workers, content creators, escorts. We are constantly tested because this is our livelihood. If we get something but also get something really bad, that's lifelong boom. We are out of a job, we're out of income, Like you know, STDs for us can be career ending. So that's where condoms are so important. But also like we don't want to random men's babies or anything like that. So yeah, there are guys who are known to take off a condom or they will try and pressure sex workers into not using condoms. I get so many inquiries for natural services and it's pretty frowned upon in my industry. It's pretty gross. Yeah, not into it, but the guy who did it to me recently. I was actually really proud of myself, and I phoned him up the next day and got him to fully confess what he had done and also give me an apology for it. I think I scared him into next week and I would highly doubt that he would ever do it, ever do it again. I threatened him with police, and yeah, really scared the daylights out of him. He was crying to me on the phone and just a young guy saying that he was caught up in the moment. But it's definitely no reason to take it off. Because of this, it has actually changed the way that I have sex unfortunately in bookings. So there is only one position where I'm not in control of the condom, and that's doggie. So for every other position, and I can see the condom, I can feel it, I know that it's there, I can see that it's on properly, and that for me, is something that I'm checking twenty four to seven throughout the entire booking, Like the client won't even know the things that I am doing to make sure that everything is running smoothly and how it should be. Doggie is the only position that I can be in and of course for all of you playing at home who may not know what doggie is, I'm on all fours facing away from him, and he is behind me, so it's up to him to not only insert his penis, but he's also in charge of the condom. I can't see it. I have no idea what's happening. I can kind of reach around and feel for it. But anyway, so what had happened was we were having doggie and a couple of thrusts, and then he stopped for a couple of seconds. I kind of moved my a little bit and he went again, and I just he changed the way that he was having sex with me. He suddenly had a lot of gusto, and I was like, ah, this is a red flag. I'm like, I bet you, there's no condom on And I just reached and I felt no condom instantly, and so I jumped and tried to ask where the condom was and it was across the room. Oh dear. So yeah, look, I now won't have doggie unless it's some you know, existing clients that I know and trust. But yeah, it's not something that I do now. It's not a service that I offer because I need to be in charge of the condom. I don't know. You know, I know that I'm being tested, but you know other people being tested regularly. I can't put my trust in them.
Speaker 1: Did you shut it down there? And then?
Speaker 2: M yeah, I was livid.
Speaker 1: Was he upset?
Speaker 2: He kept on apologizing and saying that he don't know, he doesn't he didn't know how it fell off, and that it just fell off somehow. He actually said to me before I found it on the floor like five feet away, He's like, no, no, it's inside you, it's inside you. So I did the epic fishing around while he just kind of sat there and yeah, then I noticed it five feet away. Like, condoms don't fall off during sex. Never. I don't think I've ever had a condom and you know, and and I'm gonna say it like I've said thousands of clients over my six seven years, I've never had a condom fall off. They don't fall off. I make sure so my condom sizes are so varied, and I make sure I look at what size somebody's dick is, and I make sure that I'm putting on the right size condom because they should never fall off. If anything, they're a little bit tight. So yeah, I've never had one fall off. So yeah, he was out of there and a heartbeat, in an absolute heartbeat. I was so mad.
Speaker 1: Did you want to call the police?
Speaker 2: I actually called the police, Yeah, I did, so the police were so quick to respond. They took it really seriously. I kind of thought that there's something about sex crimes. We know the rate of a sex crime actually getting to court is super low, and then actually getting a guilty verdict I think is only seven percent of cases make it to court. That's pretty pitiful. I didn't think they'd take me seriously. I didn't even think they'd know what stealthy was. They turned up within an hour. They took full evidence from the room. They bagged everything up, the condom and everything was just still there. They took my underwear, they took full statements, and took it very seriously. The downside to this was that I had to go have a rape kit. So by the time it was about three or four o'clock in the morning, I'm in hospital having a rape kit done, and it's the first time I've ever had a rape kit. To be honest, as a massive Laura Order SVU fan and I am so deep in SVU. I have just binge watched like twenty four seasons over the last It's taken me about eight months. I reckon. I put it on to fall asleep too, Like I'm so invested in Laura Order. So everything that was happening, I was kind of like, wait, no, I need to preserve this, and I can't shower and I can't do this, and I'm like I couldn't even go the toilet. I didn't want to go the toilet. I you know, I preserved the crime scene and I was ready. I was fully ready. I was actually so interested and when they were there, I asked so many questions and I was actually like, this is fascinating, okay. But the downside was the rape kit. That was such a not nice experience.
Speaker 1: Do you have to do?
Speaker 2: It wasn't until the hospital and having to do the rape kit where they went over every single little bruise on my body, every single little mark. I had to explain all the people that I had had sex with in the last week, and oh my lord, that was that was a what that was?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was such a wild time. The forensic nurse. That's the thing, that's her job. She's just a forensic nurse. The questions she had to ask were some of the most insanely intrusive questions I've ever been asked in my whole life. She's like, how many people have you had sex with today? So I had to say to her, well, I've had sex with five people today. She's like, okay, what about the last week? And I'm like, oh my god, I'm gonna grab my phone and I'm like, I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to count. And I went back through my calendar and I'm like, la la la la la. Uh yeah, okay, okay. Cool told her the number and she was like, okay, do you have names and phone numbers for all of these people? And I'm like, okay, hold on a second. First of all, do I know their real names? Actually? Well, yeah, I could give you their real name, but also there's confidentiality. Are you going to contact these people? She goes, well, it's really just a process of elimination. If this does get to court, we will need to just you know, knock out their DNA. Okay, this is actually so fascinating what I learned, and I did not know this. When you have sex with somebody, even if they have a condom on, they leave cells of DNA in you.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 2: And she's like, okay, well, look, if there were five people today, you've probably got five different people's DNA. And I'm like, am I okay? What is my body doing with all of this stored man dna? She said to me. She's like, oh, okay, so you've obviously had perhaps me before. Yeah, done that, that's cool. She's like, okay, well, we just use the same tool, that little weird duck quacker thing that they stick in and open up. And I was like, that's fine, I've had perhaps with me, It's all good. She came to me with it and I looked at her and then it instantly hit me like a ton of bricks. She held it up and I said, you can't use lube, can you. She's like, unfortunately no, And then I realized why rape kits are so bad. And so this tool being inserted and then widened. I'm already completely like there is nothing happening downstairs, Like I am dry as concrete, and this thing went in and it is some of the most excruciating pain I was. Actually it damaged me. I had to take I had to take like I ended up taking two weeks off work, but also I had to do like full STD checks and everything. So yeah, from that one guy stealthing me, I was not able to work for two weeks. But I was also in pain for like a week after just from having to have the rape kit done.
Speaker 1: So does that also make it feel a lot safer for you that you're seeing clients not at your home but in a hotel, in a public place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, them coming to me, there are security cameras everywhere. I've got their full name when they do a deposit. Also, they're on cameras walking in coming to my room, walking out again, I do it gives me a sense of feeling safe. The other thing that I have to check for actually is when they come to me is glasses. So technology nowadays, you know, ray bands have video recording in their glasses, and it's a well known fact in our industry that men do try it. They want to wear their glasses, they want to do all of the things with a sex worker, and then they've got this memento that either they're going to upload to some website, share it around who knows, or just keep it for their personal collection. And so yeah, when I see clients when they're in the shower, I double check do they have glasses? Have they put glasses down somewhere? Have they put their phone down somewhere? Is their phone on? Like is the screen active? Or I recently had a guy who brought out his laptop at the start of a booking and said, oh, I'm just downloading some stuff, so I'm just gonna leave my laptop here. And I was like, you're kidding me. You can move everything into the bathroom, So I, yeah, do make everybody move all of their stuff into the bathroom sometimes just so it's out of the way. But yeah, they're always on camera, and it does make me feel safe.
Speaker 1: Are most of your hotel booking's fun?
Speaker 2: I've come to learn that, oh, this is so many Carli secrets today. I didn't know that I had any kinks or fetishes, right, no idea. I just thought that I was like, I don't know, I'm just kind of like pretty open minded. I'm into everything. I enjoy everything, not really any one way or the other. But I've come to work out that I enjoy having sex with people that I've never met before, and see that kind of makes sense in my industry because I can have sex with anyone. It doesn't matter what they look like, shape size, color of their skin, how old they are, or like nothing, absolutely nothing phazes me whatsoever. I can have sex with absolutely anyone. But I get enjoyment out of having sex with people that I've only just met, and I've come to realize that that is my that's my thing. So it does make hotel fun really exciting for me. I enjoy it, and they obviously get a kick out of it because that's what they're paying me for. Uh yeah, hotel rooms can be so fun. But also at the same time, I can sometimes trash them and leave a bit of a mess and or you know, have to do a really awkward phone call to get my sheets changed because I've just made such a mess.