Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 3: If it's trending going is this my line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: If it's living that I really need to go to the toilet.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral or has your group we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the past. You go and go to the toilet. I'll do the intro for you. There you go, have fun. My god bye. Coming up in this episode, it's our New Year's Eve special. We've had a big year here at High Scrollers and we're going to take you through some of our royal flushes of twenty twenty four. The best things we've got three things each, best things we've seen on the internet, best things in our personal lives, things like that, everything that's happened this year. We're going to take you through the best of the best of twenty twenty four. Deal me in told, let's go Happer new Ye don't know yet it's tonight, but yes, people aren't.
Speaker 3: Going to fucking listen to this on New Year's Eve. They're busy.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon They'll be listening hung over tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying, Happy New Yeah, let the fireworks expleol you're.
Speaker 2: Nice and fresh. Maybe New Year knew me. Everyone's at the gym listening to us on the treadmill. If you're on the treadmill, keep going, go on, then get it, son.
Speaker 3: Fuck I don't think I'm ever going to walk on a treadmill again.
Speaker 2: Really yeah? Fuck that? Yeah, I get quite bored after just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Same again, limb, it's like.
Speaker 2: Two minutes feels like two hours, and I go. I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and he was trying to convince me to do Barrie's boot Camp, which is like, I was like, describe it to me. It's like forty five or is it? Like apparently it's meant to be one of the hardest workouts in the world. I said, you've lost me. I can't. I can't do it. I can't be bothered. But welcome to our final episode of twenty twenty four. Obviously it's New Year tonight. I don't know if you're listening tonight or when you're.
Speaker 3: Listening you're doing for New Year's this year?
Speaker 2: Matt, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: In to my house?
Speaker 2: Oh okay?
Speaker 3: Oh no, but fuck that it's too far?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: No? It'll be fine. Well, i'll see I think as long as you've got You've got a spare bed, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, party at mine?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I've got to get myself sorted. Who knows, I don't know. We haven't got a plan for New Year's obviously, scrollers. By the way, we're on and you'll leave at the moment. We're on our Christmas New Year break, so we are recording this a couple of weeks in advance for you. But I don't actually have a solid plan yet. Do you have any plans or you just don't.
Speaker 3: Have a plan. Yeah, I'll just be at home. I reckon. Anyone's welcome.
Speaker 2: We've worked all year on the bloody house. As if you're going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not fucking going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Although you did say in our because in preparation for tonight's Today's episode, I did go back to last year's New Year's Eve episode that we did. I had a bit of a listen to it to see whether we said anything or mentioned anything that we could like reflect on and whether we even in twenty twenty four and last year you said that your goal was to get a yacht.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wasn't talking about this year.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to know how close to it are you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Not much closer at all?
Speaker 2: This fucking I'm getting impatient over here. I'm waiting for that yacht on Sydney Harbor. Last year I said, you want a yacht on Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 3: Life goal? That's not like a one twelve month goal.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if we could work on that in twenty twenty five, that'd be really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that's like a life goal.
Speaker 1: I see myself at like sixty years old, just aj and I like on a yacht, not in Sydney, in like Italy or.
Speaker 3: Something, just sip in a champagne, you know, like imagine that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would be nice, but it would be nice if we could do it. This year or next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me big out. Well, I'm not going on on your leave. Then I got to keep working so you can get a yacht.
Speaker 2: What did you say, I don't. I didn't have any sort of goal like a yacht. But last year my royal flush Wasylor Swift because, as I said, I became a Swift in like twenty twenty three. So that was one of my royal flushes with Taylor Swift and the Errors tour. And then my other royal flush of last year was the Barbie movie and just all of the pr and you know, remember it's quite like Wicked this year. Last year we had Barbie, where every brand collaborated with Barbie.
Speaker 3: I want to say.
Speaker 1: I want to say now, like I reckon, the Barbie was louder than Wicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The marketing, the marketing team's better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True. True, because I guess Barbie is a more universally recognized brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah true.
Speaker 1: They had that advantage over Wicked. People only like Wicked, Wicked that like Wicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there has been a lot of collaborations with Wicked, and I have picked up some things. I've had to restrain from getting absolutely.
Speaker 3: Everything about Ariana's makeup.
Speaker 2: No, no, sorry, I'm not about RAM beauty. I don't. I love Ariana.
Speaker 3: But what does RAM stand for?
Speaker 2: Really? He makeup?
Speaker 3: Rem sleep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she's got a she's got a song called RIM.
Speaker 3: So rapid Eye Movement.
Speaker 2: No oh. It says it's a dream state but also focuses on the eyes.
Speaker 1: So it is about rem sleep. I was just joking when I said that.
Speaker 3: There you go. It is rapid eye movement.
Speaker 2: It stands for dream beauty. Okay, fun, Well that's nice. Yeah, I don't know. I actually haven't even tried anything from RAM Beauty, but I don't try any of those like celebrity.
Speaker 1: But I will say Rare Beauty is really good, and so is Fenty like Rihanna.
Speaker 3: H Fenty, I will Rare and Fenty actually fucking are so good.
Speaker 2: Everything I've used from Rare I went not really not for me, and I haven't tried anything from House Labs from Lady Gaga.
Speaker 3: Apparently that's really good too, but I've never tried.
Speaker 1: I feel like Rare Beauty is good for like the soft girl, like you know, so you're more like cool glam with your makeups.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why you didn't like rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah true. Last year your royal flushes were pink V yep, which is so fun because we actually said in last year's episode like you need to work together and.
Speaker 1: We've got We did a brand deal with them this year. Yes, so that was like manifested.
Speaker 2: The pink fee fridge at Fate. So there you go. You manifested that one. And last year it was funny you said in that episode that you had created a Pink V Christmas tree in the Fate warehouse. Yes, full of all the empty cans. You'd take them all together. Yeah, we did you do that.
Speaker 1: We do have a massive tub of like empty ones. We've got everyone to put the cans there. So I think AG needs to build another one. Nice, but we're recording this early.
Speaker 3: Yeah true, I can't say.
Speaker 2: You also said your royal flush was Britney Spears Conservative Ship ending, even though it ended.
Speaker 3: The year before.
Speaker 1: I know, but it felt like that year because it was all on the fucking news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought this episode being the main episode, obviously we're doing a bit shorter episodes for you. We thought we'd cut to the chase and give you our royal flushes of twenty twenty four the best things we saw on the internet, but can also have to do with our life as well.
Speaker 3: You know, he always so hard. I felt the same way last year. Yeah, like this is a very hard thing to answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I've got.
Speaker 1: Man ready, let's start one for one again.
Speaker 2: So first of all, I think it's very obvious one of my royal flushes of the year would be the Wicked movie. Definitely, all of that. Remember all the hype surrounding the premiere, when I met Arianna and Cynthia, all the rest of that. That little interaction I had watching the movie for the first time at the State Theater with everybody in the room was just such a magical experience. Obviously, Wicked means so much to me and I just love it. I think they did the movie justice. I think all of the merch surrounding it so fabulous. Again, similar to Barbie, basically same points I said last year about Barbie is what I'm going to say about Wicked. That has to be one of the biggest pop culture moments in a very long time. And I just think the whole campaign and everything was executed so well. I was obsessed with it. I can't wait for it to come out on streaming, so I can probably just watch it every single day to.
Speaker 1: Wait for it to come out on streaming, so I can watch it because I don't want to go looking to people.
Speaker 3: I can sing in the movie shut Up.
Speaker 2: And so I would say one of my biggest royal flushes of the year is the Wicked movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, one of mine is Addison Ray turning from a TikToker doing dances that were cringe into quite literally a pop star. I liked her when she was a TikToker, like in COVID times, and it's been really cool to watch someone fully go from like a cringe TikToker for kids into what she's doing now. Like she even did that movie like He's All That or whatever it was, and.
Speaker 3: That was cringey.
Speaker 1: But I've seen a lot of people like speculating her career saying like sometimes to get to like be a proper celebrity, you have to do those cringe things. Yeah, and now she's just fully rebranded successfully and like I love Aquamarine, Like do you.
Speaker 3: Love that song? Like it's like it's so fucking cool and good.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like a lot of songs that come out or like if there's a new pop star, it's like stuff we've sort of heard before. And I know people say, like Aquamarine is kind of like old Madonna vibes, but I don't know, I just feel like it's new and I'm looking forward to seeing like what she does in the future because for so long, like we've had the same celebrities and the same like artists right like we've had Katie Perry, We've had Rihanna, we had Beyonce, like, but they're all getting kind of fucking old now. So I think it's like, I'm loving just seeing this wave of new singers and celebrities come in like Sabrina Chapel, Charlie Charlie, and then I feel like Addison's gonna become even more one of those girls. So I would say her rebrand is being in one of my royal flashes.
Speaker 2: Of the year. I think there are two things to note here on this conversation. First of all, I think that I saw a TikTok from someone who compared the trajectory of someone like Charlie Demilio to Addison Ray. And the fact that Addison Ray did a lot less on purpose and kind of worked behind the scenes to then give people something really polished and well executed, whereas someone like Charlie Demilio maybe just took every opportunity that came her way and was a bit of a yes, yes man or yes woman to all the opportunities. She did the reality show, she let people in, she did everything like so and it kind of overwhelmed everyone, whereas Adison Ray was like under she she kind of.
Speaker 3: Dropped off for a while.
Speaker 1: She did and didn't post a TikTok for like six to twelve months and then would post one random little video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I think the other second point is talking about the music industry and seeing people like Sabrina, Charlie Chapel and who was the other one you said, Addison right, Well, not so much Addison Ray, I guess for this example. But it's funny how you said, like, you know, all the Beyonces and the Lady Gagas and the Katy Perry's, they kind of, you know, have dropped off. I think it's funny because the way that the music industry works, it's a little different for Sabrina carbon To, given this as her sixth album, Slash EP, I think yeah, but you know, remember Lady Gaga, Like she came out with her like just very standard. You're just dance like that's gonna please pretty much everyone. It's an earworm, it's basic lyrics, it's a good dance track. It's going to be able to be played on radio. Blah blah blah blah. Same with Ariana Grande. Actually she's a better example. Sorry to switch up. Ariana Grande is a better example. Her first album, even her second album, were very tailored to be like a number one hit. Like they were like, we want this to go number one, We want it played on every radio session. We want songs like you break Free that just still gets played.
Speaker 3: To this day and everyone basic pop song.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then what happens is, after they've made their break in the music industry, they then start to peel off and try to be a bit more experimental or make the music that they want to actually make and have wanted to make the entire time, and then they start to either lose fans or fans lose interests.
Speaker 3: They've changed.
Speaker 2: People say they've changed. Rihanna's probably like the best if you listen to like Rihanna's first album Slash, even that loud album with only Girl in the World in it. Yes, listen to that and then listen to something like Anti. They could be two different artists, yep, you know. And so I think they get they get to a point where they're like, I don't want to make this shitty music that I actually don't care or connect with, which is so fair as an artist. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but I think it's like it's like the music industry lulls people into a false sense of security with like these big bangers and big you know, even Sabrina with Espresso and Espresso was such a big song. Even when she released Short and Sweet, I was kind of like, I just wanted a whole album full of Espresso. None of this like sounds the same or it doesn't seem like it fits. It's like Espresso went, you know, really made her career and she gave us please, Please, Please, And I was like, it's a good song, Like I still I do love it, and I still play it and I still listen to it, but it's like so different to what I was expecting or wanting. M I mean, you always have your diehard fans that stick around forever. But I think that's that happens, is like once the Katy Perryes of the world start making this music that they actually want to make, they lose that radio play, they lose those fans, and then they've just got their core fandom.
Speaker 3: I just think.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I think back, like think back to when our parents were young, they had their Beyonces and Katy Perry's and everything, which would have been like Elvis and the Beatles and everything. And then I feel like we've had these big artists. The Lady Gargars are Beyonces. It's like cool to think that one day, like the Lady Gargars and Beyonces are going to be like the Beatles, and do you know what I mean, Like the generations like now there's like a new wave of artists coming through, so that kids' generations below us are going to have their Beyonces, you know, because then the way that we go, oh, Tom Jones, but like to our parents and whatever, Tom Jones is like Beyonce. Yeah, it's like each generation has their own icons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: It's just really interesting to see, Like I'm excited for them.
Speaker 2: It is so first Royal flush of the year is Addison Ray Love that my second one of the year is actually a musical that I saw that actually really surprised me. It's Titannique. And if this musical ever comes to your city, it's one of it's more of like an off Broadway sort of vibe, like it's not going to be in your big at least not at the moment. It's not going to be in your big theaters. It's not going to be promoted heavily, it's not going to have the budget. It's a smaller production that I went and saw. It's Titanique. It's a musical that is made up of Selene Dion songs. The premise of the musical is that Selene Dion was actually on the Titanic and she retells the story. And so I'm not the biggest Titanic fan, Like I've watched the movie. Cool, it's good, whatever. I couldn't tell you what happens really except that they hit an iceberg and then Celine dionn not the biggest fan. I don't know all of her songs. But I went and I really enjoyed not only the music but the story and also how funny it was. I don't think I stopped laughing from start to finish. There are a lot of references to really updated references of today's like pop culture. There's even a bit of improv in the show, so it like leans into being able to make a joke off the cuff that may be really relevant to that specific day that you're seeing the musical. So it's almost like you get a different musical each time you go. And it was really like one of the best musicals I've seen in such long time. And as I said, it was a lower budget I guess production like it wasn't in a big theater. It was in a smaller theater in Sydney. And if it's running and it comes to you in twenty twenty five or I know, I think it runs a lot in New York. Maybe if you ever find yourself over there, if you find yourself in a city, or if it comes to your city, I would highly recommend seeing Titanic. It is one of the best musicals I've seen in such a long time, so smart, so witty, so fun, and I just had the best night out. And I've been advocating for it ever since. Anyone who asks or if it comes up in a conversation or anything like that, I am straightway recommending that they get tickets and go and see it. So I'm passing that recommendation onto all of you. Titannique. That's spelt like Titanic, but instead of c it's que. It's very gay, It's very camp and you'll absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: My second Royal flush of the year, more of a personal one but still was on the internet, would definitely have to be our seventh Birthday giveaway we did for our seven customers, as well as the community event that we did when we did the seven Customers brand trip. I know we've already spoke about this on the pod anyway, we did a big recap of it, so I won't go into dail, but just feel like that was a really big Royal flush for me in my journey and just being able to like share I guess our fate world with like seven of our customers and like have them with us and host them and kind of show them Newcastle as well. I feel like we brought a lot of tourism to Newcastle in that in those three days, especially for the customer event that we did in the night, because people came from fucking Hobart, New Zealand, Melbourne, Brisbane, people came from all over, So it was us bringing the tourism to Nui and it was just a big bucket list career moment for me, just being able to use this business that I have built off the back of fucking starting YouTube videos to the point where I got to, you know, fly seven customers to spend three days with us and treat them like influencers. I just think that's a massive royal flush for.
Speaker 3: Me for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a Royal flush. Yeah, for sure. Loved that and so my third and final Royal Flush of twenty twenty four. Going back to music again, going back to Sabrina Carpenter, it actually would have been her at Coachella. I think that we saw so much, so many sorry viral videos come out of her Coachella performance. Obviously we got espresso from her Coachella performance, and I think that really solidified her. So in the same way that you were like Addison Ray and.
Speaker 1: London drinking, I reckon like, I don't know if it'll be next Coachella that Addison Ray plays, but maybe the one after, because I will say she went on stage with Charlie XCX and Troice of Art.
Speaker 3: Did you see that?
Speaker 1: You can tell she doesn't have the confidence on the stage yet, Like she seems nervous in some parts. So I don't know if she'll be at Coachella twenty twenty five, but maybe the one after.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, maybe just has a bit of imposter syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I reckon for sure she would feel like a fishy out of water, like being a TikToker and then all of a sudden and you're hanging out with all these fucking celebs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be wild for sure.
Speaker 3: But yours was Sabrina at Coachella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think like we got such a big you know, there was just such a big response online from her, and it really solidified her as an artist. And I even, as I said earlier in the year, when I saw the Errors tour, I was like, not a huge Sabrina. I mean, Sabrina got canceled at our show. But the other show I went to, I was like, it's too hard. I can't sit out here and watch this Sabrina girl around and sing her songs. So I went and got a hot dog on sat inside and I'm like kicking myself that I didn't enjoy Sabrina Carpenter because I didn't really know her, and now she's one of my favorite artists. And probably I mean, at the time of recording, Spotify Rap hasn't quite come out yet, but.
Speaker 3: I remember that came out last year. I was like, mine's rigged for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so true, it's coming out. I don't know. I think it's only a couple days away, so we'll probably be able to do our Spotify raps. In a MA episodes, he probably would have, oh my god, it's so confusing. We're coming to you from back in time. But you've probably already heard the episode where we discuss our Spotify rap. So I'm assuming she will be up well. And truly, if Espresso isn't my number one played song of the year, I will be very surprised. But yeah, Sabrina Comenta at Coachella and just her whole career trajectory in general, the concerts as well, the juno positions. You know, there's so much virality from her. She's really killing it. So yeah, love Well my.
Speaker 1: Third Royal flush of the year, and there could be so many more. But I'm going to stick with the music theme as well. Now I don't know how long ago it was, but on the pod I was raving about Tate McCrae And this was a while.
Speaker 3: Ago now I think, yeah, and I actually remember something, Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you're going to say that.
Speaker 3: You said that you didn't really like her.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't say.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I said I didn't really like her. I don't really care for her, but I did rebut against. I remember you being like, she's gonna be the next Britney Spears and I went, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 1: And I remember were one day we were downstairs in the lobby waiting to come up here and I just listened to like a holy of her songs on the way. I was like, Matt, I've been listening to this Tate mccraig girl, Like have you seen this or whatever? And You're like, eh, yeah, I know, poop on her.
Speaker 2: I went, nah, she's not going to be anything special. Well you made me my words, Yeah I have.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I know it's like it's super similar to the whole Addison Ray thing again, Like I just feel like proud watching these girls, like and I've seen like all of Tate mccray's stuff that she's done since childhood, Like, she's done dancing.
Speaker 3: She was do you know she was on so you think you can dance?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was on so you think you can dance?
Speaker 1: She's done so much and I'm just loving her, just flooding my FYP over the last few months with her dancing, like her dancing is fucking unmatched, and like her hair when she dances and the hair's fucking dancing. I don't know, She's just killing it. And I think also she will be a Coachella at some stage as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would say that Tate probably has a better chance than Addison only because Tate is already doing sold out arenas around the world.
Speaker 1: Agree, and her dancing is just amazing, Like, yeah, I love a singer that does a full choreographed dance as well.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, lip syncing off the charts, come on, babe, it's really obvious, especially with that headmc that she wears, like the Britney Spears headmark that she wears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Probably because she's dancing too much, like that she can't dance well, But.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for you. To dance. Don't pretend you're singing. Yeah, you know your mouth dance, go for your life, because she does some fun dance breaks where she passes the microphone to a backup dancer and then goes for it. Yeah. Cool, But like I just kind of it's just so obvious when an artist lip syncs in this day and age, and.
Speaker 3: So Taylor lip sync sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does, and I've actually clocked how to figure out when and where she doesn't have. I spoken about that on the podcast before. If not, I was gonna make a video about it, but then I thought I didn't want to start a shit storm. But she's actually so obvious, and once you figure out when she isn't isn't lip syncing, it's actually really obviously tells her on the errors to her. I noticed that if she's genuinely singing, the microphone is really close to her mouth. It's actually touching her lips most of the time, and that's her real voice. As soon as she starts lip syncing, she actually pulls the microphone away to like fifteen twenty centimeters away from her mouth, and it's really obvious. It's like she doesn't know she's doing it. It's like a subconscious thing. But it's like when she knows she's singing, she's got to have it right up at her mouth, and then when she is lip syncing to catch.
Speaker 1: Her ross wondered by the way, like when artists do lip sync and fair enough, like no one can fucking sing for three hours straight and dance and perform for three hours. Why don't they do a recording like in a studio or whatever, and that's what they play out, but it's it's like seems and sounds raw, do you know what I mean? Like Britney Spears, for example, would just not that she's performing anymore, but you would just lip sync to her albums, like just to the songs that are on the album, the full studio like Perfection, Like why don't they go in the studio and do like some live recordings, they can tweak them a little bit, but so they still sound really natural. So then it would be harder for us to pick up on if they are lip syncing or not, Like why don't they do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, beats me, that's what I would do.
Speaker 2: You'd you be a lip syncer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really no?
Speaker 1: I would try to sing, like but then if for a few songs I was going to go into lip syncing. I'd make it a studio recorded raw that's just slightly edited but not really.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm also like, I mean, I know, again here's me switching up halfway through a segment, but I know. I just was like, get over the lip syncing tape, McCray.
Speaker 4: Bit.
Speaker 2: I also have to say that why are we so hyper fixated on the lip syncing aspect? Because I guess a concert is so there's so many aspects. There's so many aspects to the changing your main mind, so many aspects to the whole thing. Even if Tate McCrae is lip sinking at this part, can't I enjoy a different aspect of the contents?
Speaker 1: Like she's so out of breath, I would be too. I walk up four steps to get to the door at no over here and unpuffed, doing a whole dance, no thanks.
Speaker 3: And still making sure you look good, like making sure you look good?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Fuck me?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, jump in, jump in Hannah, last episode of the year, jump in your final coming to add to this, so in your cam I was.
Speaker 5: Just gonna say that, like, as a big Addison Ray fan, like you've got your studio artists, and then you've got your live performance on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So she was on the Sweat Tour, people were like, she can't sing, blah blah blah. That's not the appeal of Adison Ray. The appeal of her is her fun, little vibey, fucking paparazzi shots, and her really good music videos. I don't need her live vocals.
Speaker 3: On the stage, I agree. I just need her.
Speaker 5: Being cute little Addison Ray. Yeah, but if I'm going to a Gaga concert, I want vocals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I'm seeing Taylor, who's written all of her songs, she's done playing the guitar, playing the piano, I need the live vocals. But if I'm seeing fucking Tate McCrae, or if I'm saying little Addie Ray, yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agreed.
Speaker 1: And I can see Addison Ray not being like an arena girl, and if she is, it's going to be like lip singing and it's all about the show.
Speaker 3: I don't care. She's a good dancer.
Speaker 5: If she never performs live in her career, she can slay be one of my favorite singers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see that's what they Katy Perry do you remember Katie Perry's first tour was the was the California Dreams Tour. Any circus trick they could have done, they did. She had quick changes on stage, she had magic tricks. She came out of the stage, she flew across the stage, she did this, she did that. They had costume changes, fairy floss, fucking backup dancers doing cartwheels to distract you from the fact that her voice was not very strong at that point in their career. But she had what we've spoken about. We spoke about that album, that first album. She released, hit after hit after hit after hit. She had so many hits. There was so much money to make, but she hadn't trained her live vocals enough to actually sing well. So they had to distract the audience with fucking lollipops and giant cats and fucking do you know what I mean? So yeah, Addison Ray could definitely.
Speaker 4: They look at the bloodish stage. You know, she's got candy cane tits spinning around and fireworks coming out of fucking ass. So it's like, you gotta do these things. And you know what, I take back what I said. As long as you're putting on a fucking show. I don't care if you're sinking or not, and I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm wishing another life. I was a pop star me.
Speaker 1: Too the life I genuinely am a pop star.
Speaker 3: I am Addison Ray what a many week girl? Take see? I can sing like Tatemcrat.
Speaker 2: If I could sing, I would be unstoppable because look, I've got the fashion. I could easily wear the things Lady Gaga's wearing. You know, you could no budget for it, but I could make it myself. If a tried paper Mashe. If I could sing, the songs would be a hit. I'm actually a great songwriter. I could do that.
Speaker 3: Why don't we sign up as a duet then? Because I think I can sing and.
Speaker 2: Dance okay, and I could just be the Jack Anton off to your Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: You can write the songs and I'll sing them.
Speaker 2: Oh but it's hard for me to take a back seat to the limelight, isn't it. You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Then you could make just as much money and you have to do less work.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not about money. I'm about fame. Yeah, I'll admit that. I'm about fame, not man, I could.
Speaker 3: Be you could be the j you could be the DJ. You'd be up on the DJ. I'll sing and dance at the front.
Speaker 2: I thinkiety is more important to me than the funds in my bank account. Honestly, who cares for money? But because fame can get your free stuff anyway, you know.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: I don't think Taylor's is paying for much, surely because everyone's just thrown stuff at her for free. True, surely.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm a pop star in another life. When they said Britney Spears is biopics coming out and they need someone to play it, I'm like I could. That's how falsely confident I'm I'm me.
Speaker 3: I'll play her. Never acted in my life, but I could do it nice.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll put that on the manifestation board for twenty twenty five. Then last year actor dance. Okay, just yes, yacht No, that's what we're manifesting for twenty twenty five. Sorry, can be a pop star in twenty twenty six? Okay, you have them too old, No, twenty twenty five, we're manifesting a yacht scrollers. Let's all manifest together Kumbaya and have a fabulous New Year's Eve. Everyone, no matter how you're celebrating tonight. Be gay, be safe, be gay.
Speaker 3: Be slay you know what, be safe, gaystlay.
Speaker 2: What a great way to end the year, manifesting for all of you whatever you'd like.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you can't be a pop star like us.
Speaker 2: No, and no yachts don't manifest any yachts and we need that energy.
Speaker 3: Something different to what we have picked. Okay, be original.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for listening to us scrollers, not only this episode but all bloody year. We made it through another year together. Here's to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: We can make the really lame joke now that everyone makes it New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, see you next year. Next year, we'll see on Friday for an episode of Close Friends. Sorry, you got to wait till next year to that one. Anyway, Jela better let you go. There's a firework coming out of my ass.