Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale, I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style with.
Speaker 1: A boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable catching them mu.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head Out, we are finally addressing what's been happening in our relationships. You guys have been asking and we've been listening, so let's address the elephant in the room. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 3: Hello, Matthew, going today.
Speaker 1: I'm good. This is a bit of a different episode for us.
Speaker 3: This has kind of been We've almost done this episode so many times, and then we've kind of been holding off, and well, we've.
Speaker 2: Had things going on in the podcast. Obviously, we had Harry come on, then we had Claudia and and they stirred the pot, so we had to fall up on them. We had a lot of guests coming into the end of last year as well. Yeah, we've been focusing on them.
Speaker 3: But we also realize that you guys tune into us because you want to hear about what's going on in our relationships. And for so long we did every week basically we talked about what's been going on with our relationships, and then there was obviously something that happened and we kind of stopped basically addressing our relationships because we were kind of just playing it by year. As you said, we focus more on guests, but we have been listening to you guys, and we do want to address what's been happening.
Speaker 2: So how has your life been then, Anna.
Speaker 1: So my life's been really good.
Speaker 3: We just booked our engagement venue, we've booked our wedding venue, so yeah, we're just kind of like doing all the planning. The invites went out for our engagement party in April, which we're getting super excited about. On the weekends, we were actually at an engagement party and it was really nice. There was a lot of love in the room, and I was just I just felt really excited because, you know, I was a little unsure if we were going to do an engagement party because it is you know, another expense.
Speaker 1: It's more more saving to do.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we're going to have our wedding in Greece, in Corfu, so we know that a lot of people aren't going to be able to come because it is far away. So I think we made the decision to basically do kind of a little bit bigger engagement party and we're going to have a really small, very intimate wedding with our close friends and family.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're going to be there.
Speaker 3: Four Matt started saving, already ready to go.
Speaker 2: So what's your engagement part? Are you going to have a bit more people there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think like about eighty to ninety people.
Speaker 2: What ship That reminds me? I don't know if I can make it. Ben's fight? Is that night to what for your engagement party?
Speaker 1: Ben's fight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. You're lying to God and.
Speaker 2: He really wants me to come and like, you know, it's been my best mate for life and all that shit.
Speaker 1: Are you taking the piss? You're taking the piers.
Speaker 2: I forgot to tell you you're.
Speaker 1: Not You're actually not going to come to my engagement party. Look, I'm actually shook. I can't come.
Speaker 2: We'll just cut that bit it's fine.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you can't come? You have to come? It's a fight, Like, who cares if you get come to watch me?
Speaker 3: So what.
Speaker 1: You are taking the piers, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Why would did you do this?
Speaker 2: I forgot I was going to do that, and then as he was talking about it, I was like, oh, fuck, I've got to do that.
Speaker 1: That's what you planned to trick me?
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, I just didn't know when I was going to do it. Obviously Ben's having a fight and I really want to watch him. I'll live stream it from your engagement party.
Speaker 1: So your live streaming from my engagement party, I reckon know you won't.
Speaker 3: You'll be enjoying and embracing the love that I share with Michael.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would be doing that as well. I have it in my pocket watching it. But yeah, Ben's fighting, so I thought, yeah, I forgot all about that till you started talking about it, and I was like, that's why I'm going.
Speaker 3: To pray it.
Speaker 2: Lucky.
Speaker 1: My reaction wasn't bad there. I could have really gone.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking as well. I was like, fuck, Like if she reacts like bad, mad, I was like, this is going to be turned fucking.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we have the engagement party, very excited and that's definitely coming.
Speaker 2: I am. That was my little just joke there also.
Speaker 1: Coming to the wedding.
Speaker 3: And also one other thing that's just happened is we booked flights to Europe this year. We've put a deposit on a wedding venue in Corfu. But Michael and I have both never been to Corfu, so we've obviously never seen the wedding venue, so like we could be getting catfished on this location.
Speaker 1: It looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: I said that last time. Man, if you rock half and it's like some real do you know like those I'm picturing. I know it's a different country, but you know those like old Italy sort of like houses. Yeah, it's nice from Afar and then commun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it is on an estate and the estate has been like renovated over the years, so there will be parts of it that will be a little bit older.
Speaker 1: But I'm just hoping that it looks beautiful, that's all, because.
Speaker 3: It does look beautiful on the photos. Let's hope I'm not getting catfish, because I'll be sad and I still will be having my wedding there.
Speaker 1: Because the deposit's gone.
Speaker 3: Now, so regardless of if it's good or shit, we will be getting married there.
Speaker 2: Fair. That is brave to pay a deposit on some way you haven't visited or seen before, But I guess that's the nature of the beast, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well it's weird though, because I've done so much research on wedding venues in Greece, I actually thought there was going to be way more that I would love, But to be honest, there was only like maybe two or three that I really loved, and this one that I did end up booking was one of the ones that I loved.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, what's the accommodation?
Speaker 3: Like, so basically we're getting married on an estate. It's a nine bedroom estate so close. Family will stay there. But then there's also like there's a five star hotel like five minutes away, or you can.
Speaker 1: Stay at the little backpackers down the road. Matt, let's cut your name on it.
Speaker 2: Remer backpackers there, what's survive that I've had some of my best times in backpackers hostile?
Speaker 1: No, it's actually not a backpacker.
Speaker 3: It's just like it looks like this Greek guy's house that he's renting out rooms.
Speaker 1: So that's why I kind of said that anyway, he's.
Speaker 2: There where I'm saying, well, that's all exciting, it's all moving, everything's moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the wedding obviously, you know there has been a little bit of speculation from people who listen to the podcast that you have recently gone through a breakup.
Speaker 1: That was something that.
Speaker 3: We've actually we've kind of been going back and forth and kind of bickering a little bit.
Speaker 1: Do we tell people do we not?
Speaker 3: Like obviously, we've signed up to share our relationships with you guys having a relationship podcast, So it's really tricky and it's such a balance when there is things going on in your personal life and when things aren't one hundred percent set in stone, you don't want to like tell things too early or too late or whatever. So I guess the question that I have for you, Matt, is what is going on in your relationship?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, so I understand that obviously, and I appreciate everyone that listens to the podcast, and I understand that you guys want to hear about our relationship and that's why we signed up to do this podcast. And I completely understand and respect that. But at the same time, like we are, we are still humans. We still are, we still have life and what's going on, and as open as I am and love to be, I still need privacy in that respect to figure shit out. I'll start from the beginning. So late last year, obviously, Jen's older sister had a kid, Gus. Beautiful kid, you know, just good kid or gorgeous. Yeah, I And if you listen to this story, guys, you'll understand why. Like it's not as easy as coming on a podcast each week and just sharing your things. So she obviously sees Gus, it's her nephew. She's in love with this kid. And me, from my position and the pardicument, I'm in see Jen pushing thirty. I'm not going to beat around the bushes. Women have body clocks. I understand that she's thirty. She sees Gus, her ovaries are tickling. I can't give her that. So I like sat around for a bit on it. It was sort of eating me from the inside. I was sort of like, you know what, Like I see him hanging out and it sort of almost made me, in a weird way, disconnect from Gus. When we would see him and the family like because it's weird, it's hard to explain. And then it was sort of called out, why don't I care like about dust stories or photos? And I just said, I said, look, I'm gonna be frank with you, like I can't give you that. And it's something that's sort of like playing on my mind. And I know Jen said that she's happy to not have kids with me, and I understood that she said that, but that was it. The next day or two days into seeing me, right, things have changed since then, and we had just a serious chat about it and we just said that's something, and then it just flowed into like other chats like I said, look, people, your sister getting engaged, my sister getting engaged, Anna getting engaged, because she said I started acting weird since NICKI got engaged, and I said, it just triggered something in me that like, I don't think that I want to get engaged anytime soon. And I know that Jen and God love her and I love her, wants to get engaged. Every day I feel is like a day too that she isn't engaged to me, and I'm like, well, I don't don't. I don't want to be engaged. And how I keep saying it to her is I put this hypothetical thing right. I still want to travel, I still want to do Europe, and I still want to do a marry her again. And don't get me wrong, I'm happy to do this all with her. I'm happy to do this all with her. I still I want to buy a house, I want to do this podcast, I want this to take off. I've I've got career goals. I've got like all this stuff. I want to do all this stuff that is going to cost money, and then you've got to put on top of that the IVF, like all that sort of stuff like weddings, honeymoons, all this stuff. And I said, like when will I be financially ready to have all this money to do this? I said, I'm like another six to seven years off, plus like my career that I want to I still want to invest into that.
Speaker 1: My time and energying stressful. It's very stressful.
Speaker 2: So that's sort yeah, that's sort of what I was trying to say to her that like, and I know that you're on a bodycock. I know you're on like you're and I don't want to waste her time, and I don't want to waste my time. So late last year we took some time just swiss sales. I think it was pretty evidence through the podcast, yeah, to just think what we wanted. Back to the kid thing as well, something that was flagged with me as well was obviously Nicky's engaged and so she's planning with her other sister Sam to have a joint like a pregnancy to try FA pregnant at the same time, and Jen was slack, and I was like, fuck lack.
Speaker 3: So there's three sisters, and then you feel like Jen's getting kind of left out almost yeah.
Speaker 2: And I sort of was like, I don't want to take that away from you. And I said to her, I said to her multiple times, I'm happy to leave, walk away and see you on Instagram or on social media, or get told by someone that in like two years from now or a year from now, that you've met someone and you're pregnant and you're gonna have a kid. And I said I would like it would actually bring me joy. And then she was like, well, I don't want to have a kid with anyone else. I love you, And I said, yeah, I know, but I don't want I don't know. I don't want you to give up that. And I think that she said, well, you knew that what your position, And I said, but I think because I came on this podcast and I spoke about my IVF, I spoke about my infertility, and I was so open about it, I think that people almost got a misconception that I was okay with it. Yeah, where I don't think that I have fully grasped the severity of the situation. Yeah, like I said on that episode, twenty five year old me doesn't care, but thirty five year old me, that's who I'm worried about, and care about older men when it's a serious situation. So we obviously took some time. We thought about everything. Also, in this time, jen Struggle was a bit with the public side of what comes dating me, this podcast, the social media, she struggles. She's you know that firsthand. She's a very private girl. One thing that that was reported when people, this media person said that we had broken up, said that I'd stopped tagging her in photos old photos, which means were blocked. We're not blocked. We still follow each other. She's just never asked me to tag her in my post on Instagram. Yes story, she says, Okay, so she can Reassember, but she never wanted tiles to be tagged in them. Yeah, so she was always a bit on that. She obviously we constantly invited to come on the podcast.
Speaker 3: We've tried to get on the podcast so many times, and like you guys always ask us, and we obviously want to respect Jen's privacy and it's our choice to kind of share our lives, but it's not.
Speaker 2: And then she and then she I said, like I've gone with like you knew this when you start dating me. I had a podcast, this is all you knew this. And she said, well I didn't understand it then, and I didn't get like what comes with it. Like for instance, when the Psidekicks said that we were going to break up and there was like media articles about it, she cried for three days straight about that, and it's like you understand that she's not in this, Like I can see those articles. I can see people speculate we've broken up, and.
Speaker 1: It doesn't affect it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't affect me. No, it doesn't affect me. I just don't have like funny like it. But then again, like we chose to be here. I guess she chose as well, but I don't think she understood what comes with it. And some people say I haven't posted her, we haven't spoken about it. Obviously, when you're trying to figure out something that's so so big and isn't like it isn't as simple as like, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, it's.
Speaker 2: Like something massive that we're trying to figure out. We don't want to post us all over social media. I don't want to put it out there. I just want to like you're.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure it out basically.
Speaker 2: And also, my goal in twenty twenty three was my news resolution was to be better. So I've obviously taken that head on. I'm seeing a therapist, like I'm trying to be better, I'm trying to work on myself, and I'm going to talk to them obviously about the whole infertility thing, the whole like try just fully wrap my head around it so I understand it and I understand what comes with that as well.
Speaker 3: Firstly, I want to start by saying that I'm so sorry you're feeling this way because obviously, you know we've spoken about your infertility on the podcast and offline, off the podcast many times. But it is as a friend, super difficult to hear that you're really struggling with this at the moment. And I guess it's really the first sign of you struggling with your infertility is basically seeing Jen with her sister's.
Speaker 1: Baby, and that's got to be really difficult for you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was because I love Jen and I still do. I do, and I'm seeing her like with the baby and then knowing that I can't give her that, Like I said to her, like the one thing that I've put on this earth to do, I can't do, Like as a male, the one thing that I was meant to do, I cannot do. What would hurt me and what would piss me off is if we continue today and then in three years from now, you know, like she sees her sisters get pregnant at the same time her twin sister has a kid for crying out loud, do you know what I mean? And it's basically half her and then she grows to resent me, Like I.
Speaker 3: Just want to say as well, I think that you have a much bigger purpose than to have kids on this planet.
Speaker 1: And I think that genuinely.
Speaker 3: Even you sharing your infertility struggles as a guy, Like there's no other guy even still that has come out with that. Like you are like a face of infertility almost to a lot of people, and like you've helped so many people even just with that episode, and like we have so many goals that we're going to smash this year, and your purpose isn't just to have kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't want you to ever feel that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's yeah, but it's more like that's my cross to bear. Yeah, I mean, like I don't want to take it away from anyone else. And like, and I know that Jen can say like now she says she's okay, and I do believe her that she's okay with it right now, but it's in the future.
Speaker 1: You're also twenty seven that like, oh that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and that's a good point. So like she was like, well, what do you want because I've always said, like I want to be a dad, like of a son, Like that's what I want. I want to have a son, and I won't be there for my son. And then she was like you said all this stuff. She's like, what do you want? And I said Jen, I'm twenty seven. I'm like, I don't need to know what I want, and that's okay to not know what I want. I put a hypothetical, I've said it to you, like thirty fourths like thirty five, Like I don't like you know what I mean, Like so you can see yourself like wanting to maybe go down the path of like IVF at like thirty four which isn't anytime sex anytime soon. Like you need a financial backing to do it. You need to be in a place I think where you have achieved a lot that you want to achieve because it's going to put a lot of your energy and a lot of your time into it. And I just stressed that to Jen, and I said that I don't think that's the same timeline for you. We're still together, Jen, and I like, I don't want to be fake. I don't want to jump on this podcast and be like, oh, like tiptoeing on tulips, you know what I mean? Like I want to give the audience me and the honest truth. But I don't feel like I can when behind closed doors, You've still got to figuring this out.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of complexities that come with this situation. It's not a case of like two p people falling out of love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it maybe that like you're twenty seven and she's thirty, and maybe like the timing is off.
Speaker 2: There is a lot about that as well. Yeah, yecause, like I said, did women have a body clock? And then we spoke about freezing some eggs. Trust me, We're talking about every avenue, every option about this. I just want to figure it out and just you know, like keep doing what we're doing. I'll keep being honest on the podcast.
Speaker 3: And Yeah, you've just kind of been holding it to yourself because it was I guess something that you were internally processing. And the weird thing about this is Matt like calls me and tells me everything. But for a couple of months there, you were internalizing everything, Like it was just like your brain was just ticking over and you were really I mean, you've been pretty depressed lately, right, I.
Speaker 2: Think been very depressed. Yeah, it's funny you say that. I normally would call you for advice with everything, but like back when it was in full swing late last year, I felt to myself, like I need to find this out myself, Like I need to figure out where my head's at, and I need to figure out what I want to do and where I want to go.
Speaker 3: Like and like, obviously, you know, you've been told by doctors that you're in fertile, but there's so many avenues for you to still become a father, Like you could adopt the doctors told you about potentially using bone marrow to create sperm, Is that right, yeah, something that like there's so many Yeah, there's so many like crazy technologies, and we are lucky to live in a time where there's new things happening all the time, and.
Speaker 2: In a couple of years from now, medicine will be more advanced and exactly from there it will be and probably when I'm ready, the medicine hopefully will be very advanced. But that's the issue as well, when I'm ready. Yeah, and that's something that just yeah, yeah, the whole thing's just you know, like it's I hope it works out. I hope everything is good, But it's like I don't want to take away opportunities from people that they've obviously, Like I said, like, when when did you first know you wanted a kid? And she said, when she was seven got a baby born, and I was like, well, I don't want to take away from like, you know, seven years old that you know, like that what they want.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, No, it's just it.
Speaker 2: And it's like and it's like we've discussed it, like at lengths about it, and like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just obviously a super difficult situation. And you know, even hearing you talking about this, some of this is even new information to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've told you into this much detail about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like obviously, thank you for sharing not only with me, but with our audience because it's I mean, it's a really important kind of conversation to have. And I can't even imagine how difficult this must be even for you to have this conversation on this platform. But you know, we are grateful that you are sharing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, and like I said to you, like you're saying that people want to listen, and I was like, I'm happy too. It's just I want to sort of know what I'm saying and where I am before I start, do you know what I mean? Like publicizing And I know, like I said, I understand everyone and I respect that you guys come to us to listen, and I appreciate it, and I'm sorry I haven't been more honest about the situation earlier, but like you can see and hear that, like I need to figure shit out before I yeah, yeah, I fully yeah, and I hope. I hope everything works out and I believe it will. Yeah, ilieve everything will work out.
Speaker 3: Everything's opposed to for a reason, as we always say, and everything will fall into place as it should.
Speaker 2: And timing is everything ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, we don't envy the position that you're in. Thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate it's right and yeah, we'll talk to you guys soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for letting me share my story where I'm at, my.
Speaker 1: Truth, my truth. Yeah, okay, bye guys,