Speaker 1: We got Getty morning every day, Alida, Yes, and it's a little fierce battle this week.
Speaker 2: So the topic is this Dark Horse by Katie Perry is the greatest Katie Perry song of all time.
Speaker 3: I'm for you against and you seem to sit okay with this?
Speaker 2: I sit very well with this.
Speaker 3: That's a good Joe.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of us were really really refreshed and energized when we learn who the hell Juicy j was.
Speaker 3: It's so true.
Speaker 4: Also, have Katie Perry's listening this morning. Feel free to wait in for your songs.
Speaker 2: But that is so true. The lines are open as of now. Go for Katie third, three, four day. Do you want me to go first?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Here we go. I'm up Catherine Perry. So many epic songs, one that captured the heart and soul of the world. Because we learned about a beautiful artist by the name of Juicy j known for his trunk style characterized by heavy breathing, stomping sound effects. Juicy j Ah, You're a prince of a man, and Juicy j was the one who brought this man's work to our attention. Your heart help Jeff. And so they were like, Oh, who is this Jeffrey Dharma character? Finda sounds nice. Let's just give him a bit of a gurgle. Oh, here he is Milwaukee Monster, American serial killer dismembering seventeen people. Oh my god, why Jeffrey your six? Oh yeah, I get it, eat your heart out? Yeah, I understand. Great song though, Sorry, Joe's got a little bit side by the Milwaukee Monster. But it's a good song. I think it's a great song.
Speaker 3: Honestly, get your on the prize, mate.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but boy, oh boy, do yourself a favor and do not google Jeffrey Darmer.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to dig a little deeper into the subject matter of the debate this weekend. That is Katie Perry's songs. Let me just drill down on the dark Horse rap. Shall I call her Karma?
Speaker 3: She eat You're Hot like Jeffrey drama.
Speaker 4: So incorporating a serial killer with cannibalistic tendencies into a catchy, upbeat pop song is very counterintuitive. Dark Horse slaps, But Catherine Elizabeth Hudson has had much bigger bangers with much more impressive lyrics. Remember that time she sung about the biggest Friday Night of her life where she got blackout drunk, and then try explaining those lyrics to a five year old? And what about the time she sung about being a cold bag in a storm?
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel like a plastic bell sifting through the winding starting? Yeah, lyrical genius?
Speaker 4: What about this banger I got, the the tune that made people dump it Toxi Partners and buy a tiger? And where would you be without the song that launched a thousand Master Chef contestants' careers? How very dare you try to imagine a world without Julie Goodwin, Callum han and poland yell the real name Sharon by the way, sun fact in some reason ever put Katie in a corner. She's an AFL Grand Final singing goddess married to Orlando, and she's magnificently unhinged and we love her suck.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's gotta be tough for me from here. Off the back of that, Jason, Okay, you just finished so strong.
Speaker 3: I love that audio from Katie.
Speaker 2: Michelle take us through who won the debate? In your eyes? Okay? What was it? What was it?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 2: The way that she even even I felt defeated as soon as I've done it, so that's okay.
Speaker 3: I don't be down on yourself, Michelle, thank you. So she has.
Speaker 4: Got so many good songs. That's very, very true. It's Vicky from Goodwa Good morning Vicky, Good morning morning Vicky. Sorry though, do you know what Eve?
Speaker 2: And I can very much agree with you. Jody had a bit of debate this week, also.
Speaker 3: Don't apologize, Vicky.
Speaker 4: The anything left for Vicky to save him was it's not you, it's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, do you know what? It is? Best? The three? But can I at least try and make it too one? Can we go to Taylor from Roseworthy? Taylor, who are you voting for this week's three? Zip yep? Awesome? Thank you? That really sort of splatted in my face.
Speaker 3: Feeling really bad for you. But then I think his songs a song, song song, and I go nutscrew him?
Speaker 2: Oh that is true. Congrats Joe's It's now five to one in the debates, and it would seem that there are better Katie Perry songs and dark Horse Yeah, well.
Speaker 4: And she's got a Monty off them and I can't wait to hear the matter concerts is mate?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for everyone who voted. You got yourself on air. You're now on standby this Frey winter weekend Escape. We will draw that on Friday, and let's leave you with this and maybe you will never like dark Horse again.
Speaker 3: I need to know, I need to know now. I need to know. I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what news today to know.
Speaker 3: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 2: What you need to know with Jody. And as weather outside is weather, it's very weathery.
Speaker 4: When you said before hate weather chat next, everyone must have been.
Speaker 3: Like, whoa stick around for that joke?
Speaker 2: We got me.
Speaker 4: Nowhere because that's what people go to when they've got nothing else to say.
Speaker 3: You talk about the weather.
Speaker 2: Shut up, they're about to talk about the weather.
Speaker 4: Sivie weather swept across our beautiful state last night, causing some significant traffic disruptions and safety concerns as well. There was a delay of about fifty five minutes on the Southern Expressway between Lonsdale and Seaford. The salt Fleet Street Bridge at Portland in London was closed for this second time in a month due to flooding. How would Fitzer get to his house?
Speaker 3: That's my question. Oh my gosh, that's the gateway to fits.
Speaker 2: His manch yould probably fly. That man can do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: And in the Adelaide Hills there was morning hail, there was heavy rain, there were icy roads near Mount Barker, so very hazardous at driving conditions as well, and then there was a three car crash near the His and Tunnels at around six thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, gracious, it's all happening. You've got any updates as well in your area, please get involved thirteen twenty four ten gifts cool, send us a text as well. Fall double nine nine one nine. Let's get through this crazy weather together. Yes, so, particularly if there's any stoppages or delays on your road, let us know so we can spread the good words.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: So the good news is the forecast for the rest of today. There's still a high chance of showers and damaging winds, but it'll ease by this afternoon, which is good.
Speaker 3: And then the rest of the week looks okay.
Speaker 4: Cloud in fifteen sixteen, Friday fifteen and fifteen.
Speaker 3: For the weekend.
Speaker 4: There you go, it's all right, it's not great, but it's the middle of winter, so.
Speaker 2: You know, you feel like as well, it wasn't that long ago. We We're like, wow, it was a rain for so long. It's so dry in the city, and that all of a sudden they went, Okay, we'll make up for it. We'll make up for yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also I just have to say, I'm just lying in bed last night, and as lovely as the rain is hazy on your.
Speaker 3: Roof, I just I thought, I hope that there's a Code.
Speaker 4: Blue tonight with these heavy showers, because obviously a lot of people sleep rough. But Nat drove into work this morning and we're bangs back in the middle of the city at ho Much Square here, and I saw two homeless people and I thought, oh, my goodness, you guys slept in that last night.
Speaker 2: That's tough, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's so spare a thought for those people who aren't fortunate enough to have a home.
Speaker 2: Spot on fifteen degrees across Adelaide, say, probably feels like seven eight degrees thirteen and twenty four to ten. Matthews caught through. Hey Matthew, can you please share your feelings about the whole This is what it is, but what it feels like? Are you four or against that little philosophy.
Speaker 3: I am absolutely against it.
Speaker 2: Who haven't made that feels like weather?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mate, that's a terrible belly.
Speaker 4: Does it upset you so much? Matthew, I feel like you really triggered.
Speaker 3: I am. I always look at the weather and then see that feels like it just grinds my.
Speaker 2: Gears on team Matt with this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're optimistic when you see a temperature of around fifteen to sixteen, and then you see the feels like eight or nine.
Speaker 3: You go, well, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Just give it to me straight, sugarcreat it all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like when you walk into a party and you think this is going to be a bit of fun and then they go, no, it's our goal free and.
Speaker 2: You go, oh, god, appreciate the gore mat lines are always open. Thirty and twenty fourteen. Jode's the correct age to get married? Oh, I mean, love knows no rules, It's true. Yeah, sometimes it's timing is poor. Yeah, and who can absolutely schedule these things? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You can't tell love what to do.
Speaker 2: They have done a study, though, and it's found that men who marry after I said, after the age of twenty five tend to live longer than those who marry younger.
Speaker 3: Is this because you always need to sew some motes?
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure. Researchers believe that out of maturity, emotional stability, and better financial footing later in life may contribute to improve longevity in relationship satisfaction. Men who marry in their late twenties or early thirties are more likely to enter healthier, more stable marriages. According to the data, early marriages, while not inherently harmful, showed more signs of stress, conflict, and instability.
Speaker 4: Because it's that passion, isn't It's that passion of youth need get to get with someone, and it just explodes, and sometimes.
Speaker 2: There's fireworks, and sometimes the fireworks they laugh.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that's the problem is all out.
Speaker 2: You said something about sewing some oats nice and early. I think for a lot of guys as well. And how do I say this without sounding just a little bit peculiarly.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of boks need to get things out of their systems when they're young.
Speaker 3: Why do you just say blokes though some women like to do that.
Speaker 2: And some women as well, And then what would happen. Is for a lot of blokes. Once they get that out of the system, somethin For a lot of them, you realize, well, it's not that fulfilling anyway. No, But then the guys that don't do that, and maybe they got shacked up nice and early, always have that in the back of their mind. And you can't explain to some of those blokes that, hey, those things that you wanted to do, you're probably going to be unfulfilled anyway. Yeah, right, until it actually happens.
Speaker 3: My god, this is the wisdom of Uncle Andrew, isn't it beautiful?
Speaker 2: I why I say something intelligent here?
Speaker 3: Vaguely?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Hey, guys, what happened? I just blacked out for two minutes? Where are we?
Speaker 3: Can we resume? Can we resume business as usual?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Fuddy footy?
Speaker 2: The other thing I will say as well, is it guys? Am?
Speaker 4: I right?
Speaker 2: Where itiots? We're absolute idiots. Early twenties, mid twenties come on, Like when I was twenty five, I was such a child. Yeah, I don't think I started to really understand what was going on until forty about forty two, and I'm forty now, so in two years time, I'll start to work it out dead set, early thirties, mid thirties, you start to work out what's going on.
Speaker 3: I reckon Pasily, what's after twenty five? Is right?
Speaker 4: All the good things happen, But when is the ideal time do you think to get married?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you had to schedule it out, i'd say early thirties. Yeah, right, because, yeah, the difference between early twenties and early thirties, it feels like decades and decades, not just ten years. You know what I mean? In terms of knowledge twenty one year old boys to twenty five, Yeah, I think there's something that sort of prioritizes laugh, knowledge and other things, if you know what I mean. Joe, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I understand exactly what he's saying. What do you make of twenty old twenty one year old women who make the decision to get married. What do you think about that? Is that distance to flourish?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not really sure. It depends on your partner. But once again, and I know people. I know people who got married nice and early and it's fantastic, beautiful relations.
Speaker 4: And equally there's people that get married in their thirty who are divorced by forty two, So who's to say? Whatever it was for you, love is love God, just roll with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know how I'm talking to, don't you wink wink? That's right, you dropping on the road down Now you're dirty birds easy, forty live blessed. Didn't think i'd find myself in the situation where I'm giving you some sort of laugh advice. But here we go.
Speaker 3: I didn't see you coming in, To be honest, no one really did.
Speaker 2: Okay, as we lead up to the big night on Thursday, each and every day, I got two little bits of laugh advice for you, the wisdom that comes with forty. Okay, first bit, when reheating pizza, don't put the pizza box in the oven because it will catch a light. Unfortunately I did that first hand. Okay, not that long ago, all.
Speaker 4: The things you've learnt in your life. Don't put a cardboard pizza box in the oven.
Speaker 2: It'll catch a light. Guys, well done, it will catch a light. All right, I'll save you from putting yourself in that really potentially disastrous situation.
Speaker 4: How many twenty year old blots out there going, oh my god, thank God.
Speaker 2: For haze, Oh jeez, worrying up for dinner tonight. Now you might have to whack it in the microwave. I've got another one for you. Maybe it's a bit more serious. Stop giving time and attention to people you don't like. Do you know what I've learned that in the last year or so, I reckon, you ignore You don't pay enough for two to the people that you do like and that they like you because you're too busy trying to make other people like you, and you give time and appreciation to the people who don't like you. Yeah, I know, So just move on because what you do learn is that there's a bunch of people that don't like you, whether you like it or not. The most popular people on earth still have haters. I worry about the people that can't, that are not ever going to like you.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of jealousy though, too, I think, don't you reckon? I think if people actively don't like you, there's a.
Speaker 3: Fear amount of jealousy involved. Okay, because I can't imagine any idea and.
Speaker 2: You're situpactual he DAGs through. What are they jealous of?
Speaker 3: Ask you? Oh? Having a bit of a.
Speaker 2: No, no, but do you know what I mean? So when you think of the top people on the planet, they've still Gottron James Lebron James has got so many haters and for whatever reason, and it's not just me, we're wired to really try and convert the people that don't like us instead of just keeping on giving channeling that love the people you do have a connection with, because when it's all said and done, there will be a time where you go, why did I waste so much time on those absolute knobs who don't like me and never want to like me? You can't flick it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, And we're here for such a finite time on the planet. God stop, don't stress. I agree.
Speaker 4: This is a really big one that I think you learn sort of a little bit later in life. Oh my god, stop giving energy to people who don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Yes, there we Yes, Joe's Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So deep and I don't know what to do now.
Speaker 2: How do you have so much wisdom when you're fortieth is so far away?
Speaker 3: Spoil kids.
Speaker 4: It's a really fine line, isn't it, in between giving them what they want and making them happy, but also being a little bit disciplined and being like, you can't have everything.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, dad, no joke, particularly with my daughter. Yeah, she rules the house. Harsh from my son, absolute sucker for my daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. And little girls do that to their dads. Their dad's fingers are like this. Little girls have little pinky fingers, more fingers, Yeah, and you dad's just wrapped around them like that.
Speaker 2: How I'm six foot two completely wrapped around that tiny little finger. Does it even work physically?
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem possible, and yet here we are.
Speaker 4: So we're bringing this up because Ossie DJ Fisher real name Paul Fisher has given his one year old daughter a designer.
Speaker 3: Bag for her birthday. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 4: He has given her a sixteen hundred dollar Eve Saint Laurent handbag, isn't it. I'm sorry, that's ridiculous, all.
Speaker 2: Fun of game until she starts carried in with text.
Speaker 4: I know, finger painting on it doesn't. That just seem obscene? But as parents, we're all walking that fine line of just how do you keep your kids happy but also not spoiled. There are seven signs, and I've taken the liberty of looking them up on Fisher's behalf to see if you're spoiling your child.
Speaker 3: Or if you have a spoilt brat for a kid.
Speaker 2: Ready for This is going to be confronting, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Let's worst, let's work backwards. They refuse to complete even simple tasks until you beg or bribe them.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is kids, I'm kids.
Speaker 3: This is classic Gregotti. This is hey, go and have a shower, or you don't get a chocolate, or we'll.
Speaker 2: Give you a blue note? Was a blue note ten dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, go and have a shower. And then I'm not even joking. A minute half later it's like, if you're going to have a shower and get your chocolate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, come on, I'll give you a peaknote. And then the response is your kidnap you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: A blue note?
Speaker 3: Number six.
Speaker 4: They don't give up until they get what they want. Oh the nagging, The nagging that gets you, doesn't it? Number five? They sore losers, so when a sporting sense, if they lose, then they pick up their bat and.
Speaker 3: Ball and go home. Henry saw loser.
Speaker 2: He's good now, it's good now. I think it was early on where we sort of had to really drill into him where it was almost like if he wasn't good at something instantly didn't want to do it, so to really sort of knuckle in the whole perseverance thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's like my daughter Harper doesn't want to do acro on a Saturday dance because she.
Speaker 3: Falls on her head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number number four. They demand things asap. I want it and I want it now. Number three. They think the world revolves around them. I know it as adults like that.
Speaker 3: It's their world. We're just living in it.
Speaker 2: Some people grow out of it, some people don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Number two.
Speaker 4: Then never satisfied with what they have, they always want more, doesn't matter. They could have all the toys in the world, Andrew Hayes, but.
Speaker 3: They still want more. Or he now house houses on roadblocks. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we go through a robox phase as well. Yeah yeah, Big Lego Fast two was still going through that. But Dad Luck's Lego two number one.
Speaker 4: When you tell them no and they throw a tantrum until they get their way.
Speaker 2: Especially in public.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dad gives in every single time to the daughter.
Speaker 3: Talk us through a lotty tantrum in public place.
Speaker 2: Well, what ends with a lotty tantrum is the most aggressive sentence that I've ever heard out of someone's mouth, particularly a youngster, over something that's really really small and trivial, and that is I wish you were dead. Gosh, you were dead, Oh God.
Speaker 3: And then your soul is broken.
Speaker 2: My soul is fractured.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: Harp To had one the other night and these words came out of her mouth. I hate this family. I'm going to find a new one. At that point where like, good go.
Speaker 2: If you see a little five year old just cruiser out of the streets, that's harp She's looking for a new family.
Speaker 3: She's not bad.