Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any first nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island of people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal land. Illo. What's going on? I don't know?
Speaker 1: What's so fresh aired here?
Speaker 2: What's it called Stockholm syndrome? What do we what's what's the what's it called when you're gabin fever? Got I've got cabin fever? That's when you fall in love with your captor or something. Isn't that when you get kidnapped and then you start getting feeling, which we're already spoken about. That's the first thing I'm doing if I get kidnapped, I'm going, well, let me seduce you, because that's how I'm going to get out of this situation. Anyway. We recording, We're recording. Hello, hello everyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, you're auditioning for Fate's next Top Model today. Yes, you question that we asked so basic though they're not going to be very fun. Okay, well, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: You wanted what was the point that you wanted to bring up in the main episode go off that you said you asked a question because we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about food.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and what was the question.
Speaker 1: It's super easy. If you could only eat one food or one part of me meal for the rest of your life and that was the only thing you ate, what would it be.
Speaker 2: I'm going chicken burger. Really, that's how I eat anyway, chicken burger. But see, here's a thing. Yeah, is it the same exact meal or just if I just go to a restaurant or I can order is a chicken burger? Or does it have to do the same chicken burger every single day?
Speaker 1: Same thing every single day? But you can like spice it up that you can have an entree, a maine and a drink. Yeah, it's a food.
Speaker 2: Week this week kind of like your death throw meal. Then right, what would your last meal be? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which, but this is different because it's one food for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: So people, oh, I've got I've got something for you too. Sorry before we go on. Yeh fucking hell. I know we talk a lot about Dominoes on this podcast, but Dominoes have new pizza pots. I think that's what they called. Please for the love of God, it's a pot pizza pots yet they like little pies, but fueled with melted so it's like a lava cake. But it's filled with cheese and obviously it's pastry or pizza puffy stuff, and there's little toppings on top as well. The cheese ones are divine, and the beef and bacon and divine. I haven't had the pepperoni, but that's my recommendation. That's my royal flush the week. Actually it's the pepperoni pizza. Sorry, the pizza pots from Dominoes. Anyway, I'd probably have them as an entree every single day.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going with the chicken burger. You've got a lot of protein with the chicken.
Speaker 1: You've got bacon, chicken, baconberger.
Speaker 2: Chicken, bacon and cheese and an aoli or a QP Mayo dress.
Speaker 1: I'm a Mayo girl. I'm always going to pick mayo over aoli.
Speaker 2: I think the bacon needs to be maple glaze, and I think the bun needs to be breosh. Avocado could go on it as well. Good healthy fats love it. You've got your carbs coming in with the loaded fries curly specifically, I'm having deja vu? Again? Have we not done this before?
Speaker 1: Who knows? We've spoken about a lot of on this podcast, and we've been doing this podcast like when it is our two year anniversary.
Speaker 2: Not till like August, but this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty fucking cool. Yeah, well we'll say so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The sidekick we had on what was her name again, Florence?
Speaker 1: She said America.
Speaker 2: I said we'd be going to America, and both of us we both went, could you find that audio? And like play it in here?
Speaker 3: And again I'm getting the American connections. So would you have any plans to go to America? Would you have any and I'm talking the West coast, so like California all that side of the world. Would that make any sense to any plans or anything at the moment, at the moment.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the future in business, Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay? From memory, I think if that audio serves correctly, I think from memory, we were like, nah, I can't see that happening.
Speaker 1: And I literally and no, I think I said, oh, maybe, like if work takes me there and we're in America right now, is this episode or you are I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be here. It's Friday now, so you'll be here.
Speaker 1: We need to go back and listen to that whole episode and see what else she said. It's crazy, okay, I will say a lot of people in the model search when they answered that question because it's a hard question to answer on the spot. They one girl said, and I was like, valid, she would have just like the theme of sharkuterie board because then you can add anything you want to a sharkouterie and mix it up every day. You can have your meats, your cheeses, crackers, some fruit, you know, grape strawberries or whatever, and you can mix it up every time. So I thought that was a smart answer. Another person said just the theme of salad and then they would have a salad every day, but mix it up kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I would see. Now, I feel like I've been hoodwinked because there's different rules. Didn't realize I could change the ingredients on the chicken burger every day.
Speaker 1: My answer would you'd want to answer the question actually strategically of something that you're never going to get sick of, that's healthy and whatever. But like my go to would be like my NaN's potato bake. It is so fucking good. Yeah, yeahm But I'd get sick of that shortly after a few days.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. You can't have too much of what you enjoy.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, let me ask you another question. Okay, this is going to be a hard question for you to answer. Okay, on this pod, what is something about yourself that people would be surprised to learn?
Speaker 2: Shit, see and see.
Speaker 1: This was an easy question for us to ask these girls because we were strangers to them. Whereas I know you, and like everyone knows you, what's like an interesting fact about yourself?
Speaker 2: The problem is I don't keep anything under wraps. I would love to be mysterious, but I can't keep my fucking mouth shut.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about if someone's listening right now, Nay, this is the first time they're ever listening to you.
Speaker 2: Well, my eyesbreaker would always be you know, if we played two truths in one lie. You know, if I ever had like a job or something, or there was something some sort of exercise where it was like two truths to one lie, or like share an interesting fact, I'd always throw in, like my two truths and a lie. I would be like I am color blind, I was held hostage in Japan and I've only ever stolen once in my life from Kmart.
Speaker 1: They're all true.
Speaker 2: No, I've never stolen anything.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait what No, but everyone goes, oh, you've never been held hostage but you have yeah, because they all think that something I've stolen something in my life. Never stolen anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question, because I feel like.
Speaker 2: It's like the parking situation. Trust me, maybe I've wanted to steal, but I think it's like the parking situation. Remember that one time I didn't pay for parking? I reckon if there was any like the one time that I would steal in my life or can I get caught? So I've never done it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Next question for you. If you could trade lives with anyone in the world or dead or alive, and that they don't have to be a human. It could be a character or celebrity, whoever, for only one day. Who would you be for a day.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'd say Donald Trump? That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what's funny about Wade who did the model search with me? He has gone out for dinner with Donald Trump? The fuck when he was nineteen though, so like fifteen years ago, because Wade does like hair and makeup, and he entered a competition and won and got to go to the Bahamas to do Miss Universe pageant hair and makeup. And Donald Trump at the time like owned Miss Universe or whatever. And so Wade got to go to this dinner and like sat at the table with Donald Trump. But he's this was like fifteen years ago or more, and he said, back then, Donald Trump was just like the rich guy that owned heaps of shit. Then Wade said he was super embarrassing, like because he was nineteen, this young gay guy, and apparently he's like, I'm from Niwi, That's what he said, Like this rich old why would you want to be Donald Trump today? Uh?
Speaker 2: Fix everything that I have done, you know what I mean? Fix everything, Fire all the people, maybe rescind my presidency. I don't know. Maybe I could get up there and just go in there say I quit, yeah, goodbye, everyone, make a few laws that help people. Maybe just do a whole one eighty on his entire campaign and go.
Speaker 1: The fucking script trick, Jar.
Speaker 2: Lowell. Actually it's illegal, Hannah. I wanted to say it.
Speaker 1: I could tell you I want to.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say what I would do if I was.
Speaker 1: Him, But you're not going to say that.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say that. Yeah, that could be a security risks for us being in America, you know what I'm just saying. You know, Maybe I would tell my secret service to take the day off and I would go for a walk in Central Park as Donald Trump. I don't know. Maybe I would get on TikTok, make a TikTok as Donald Trump and say, how doing a meet and greet on the steps of the Washington Monument. Come on down on everyone. My security team will not be present. I don't know. These are the things I could think about. Maybe I could just do something really rogue, like something. Maybe I could do something kind of iconic.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if the question changed, and if it was you could trade lives with anyone in the world, dead or alive, character or not, for a week, would your answer change?
Speaker 2: M Yeah, because I wouldn't want to be Donald Trump for a week. I feel that's a little too long, you know what I mean? Like a day, I could deal with that, but a week.
Speaker 1: Who would you be? Surely you'd be fucking Kyle of An or something.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't be Kylie. I would be I would probably have to say, like a Jeff Bezos or an Elon musk.
Speaker 1: Well, just to see what their life is, because.
Speaker 2: I spend all their fucking money and fix fix the world, I'd be spending all the money I could. Sorry, Jeff, I've accidentally tapped your MX and sent billion dollars to this country that's been struggling. Oh, we need some help over here. Let me donate whatever few Australian charities that are close to my heart. Well, here's a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what else you could do as well, like go on a massive shopping spree and ship everything to like your house at home so that when you flip back to yourself.
Speaker 2: And on Amazon as well. Yeah, because then Jeff, it's not as bad becaus Jeff's still getting the money anyway, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not treat yourself through him.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm wondering to these people then swap with my life like it is Jeff Bezos here on the podcast with you. Yeah, but do you know that's the other thing? Oh, do you know that it's someone else?
Speaker 1: Or do I have to it would be a giveaway.
Speaker 2: Do I have to wake up as Jeff Bezos and just like pretend that I'm him? Or can I be like, hey, so it's not really me and I'm going to spend all his money today?
Speaker 1: Oh okay. Another question that we asked everyone, what's the best compliment that someone has ever given you?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't get many. That's a hard one, it is. I don't often think about compliments, do you know what I mean. It doesn't really stick with me for very long. I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything. The ones I do remember a lot, or I do think about it a lot when someone compliments my teeth and says you have really nice teeth because I was one bullied for in my whole life. But too like I'm just kind of like, oh thanks, and then I don't I keep thinking about that all day. Yeah, but I don't know. It's really hard.
Speaker 1: It is hard. These are the point of there questions, like you got to think on the spot, and they're hard to answer. That's another question we have.
Speaker 2: The best answers you.
Speaker 1: Got when we asked some people, who would you want to trade lives with for a day. I thought it was really cool. A couple of people actually said, like they would love to be like their nan when their nan was younger, to see like how the nan was living and maybe like when their mum was born or whatever.
Speaker 3: You screw it.
Speaker 2: That's fucking crazy. Why would you wasted on that? I mean, go off, that's beautiful, but also as if you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: A lot of people said they would like to be like someone in their family, but like at a different time before they were born.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone's answers a kind of fucking blurred into one because we asked it to over one hundred people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so true. What other questions were on it?
Speaker 1: Another one, which you kind of just answered, was like, what's something about yourself that you once didn't love that you've learned to like grow and appreciate it time?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Would yours be your teeth?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Teeth and just body in general American? Yeah, just appearance in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What made you want to apply for the Fate Model search?
Speaker 2: M I just don't really have anything on my plate at the moment. I thought that this would be a good opportunity. What was some of the best answers to that question, do you remember?
Speaker 1: Everyone kind of had the same sort of theme of answers, Like the common theme was that they wanted to be part of something that we were doing. And my answer to that every time was by being here today and also by putting yourself out there and applying in the first place, Like everyone that we met is now a part of fate forever, because you know, even though it's a contest and there's like one winner and everything, like just being there, everyone's a part of fate now forever just because that's like so special. So everyone kind of had the same sort of answer. Lot of people were wanting to like step outside their comfort zone be a part of like fate and what we're doing. So I'd say everyone's answer to that was pretty similar. Yeah, just trying to think of one other fucking question that we asked everyone. They were all just like basic fucking questions. Yeah, like what's your go to hype song?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, what's yours?
Speaker 1: What's my go to hype song? Yeah, there is a song that I really like, but I'm pretty sure she's kind of canceled. See yah, is she kind of canceled? For some reason.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, everyone is.
Speaker 1: But I do like Unstoppable by her Ahman's star Bar, Like that is the ultimate fucking hype song.
Speaker 2: H yeah, mine's crazy in love? Is it all spinning around?
Speaker 1: I thought you would be dancing Queen.
Speaker 2: No, that's the song. Oh well, it depends what you mean by hype song, like to hype you up. So if I'm sad, it would be dancing Queen dancing Queen's like, oh my god, I'm in a rut and need to fucking listen to that piano and go crazy. But hype song as in, you're gonna wake up and be a bad bitch today. Let's like we're about to start drinking. We're about to start drinking to go to the club, crazy and fucking love.
Speaker 1: And she's going to play that song at her tour that we're going to.
Speaker 2: Surely it's her biggest one. I don't think she's So it's like if Kylie didn't sing spinning around, like, everyone go go what the fuck? Yeah? Yeah, I need to ring ticket Master actually and sort those tickets up. Yeah yeah, let's do that while we eat our subway.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, well, what you are? You have been unsuccessful and you are not Fate's next top model.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's fine.
Speaker 1: And Matt, do you want to know what's actually so fucked up about like model castings in general? Obviously you and I have never done like a model casting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wait, because I was a kid, you know, I was in the kids magazines and the kids brochures and the kids I did some modeling for, like kids clothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Wade, he obviously is a model. Sorry, right, frog in my throat. Wade who did the Fate casting with me. He is a model and done lots of castings himself. And we made the experience like fun and inclusive for everyone and made it all like it's not about the final outcome, like you're here today kind of thing. Obviously, But Wade said, generally in model castings, like you walk in and you might not even be there for twenty seconds and they'll tell you on the spot no wow, no you're not it. Imagine that for the ego.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we didn't make it like that at all.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's cutthroat. Yeah. I remember auditioning for a McDonald's Happy Meal toy ones and I fucking hated it, but I loved.
Speaker 1: Wait, you auditioned what to get a toy?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, to be in the art.
Speaker 1: On Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I just remember I just walked in like being like I don't really care about this, but these other like six year olds, it was like live and breathe. It was their life and they needed this gig so bad. And I just remember looking around going like I don't know, but like who cares? Like and it was for. Do you remember when the Happy Meal toys came out and you'd get a placemat and then you had it was Toy Story and they were like it was like Jesse and Woody and stuff from Toy Story And when you put them on the placemat, they would talk. You had to collect them all and put them on the place mat. Was that And I remember i because they actually used the toys in the audition that it was going to be for. And I remember seeing the end result on TV and being like, ah, I auditioned to that, And I also knew what the toy was going to be, like six months in advance. It's fucking cool. I felt like the coolest kid at school, like, I know what the Happy Meal toy is in six months. Anyway, there's a little fun fact for you. I just a little acting and modeling and everything as a kid. Where'd it get me fucking nowhere? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Where's the money that you went from it?
Speaker 2: Oh dog?
Speaker 1: With a disappearing dollar mites account.
Speaker 2: We're gone. I'm gonna tell your story off air, okay, about some of my funds when I was younger, and you could tell me if it's fucked up or not. Okay, anyway, that's gonna be a real close, close, close friends story. See you next Tuesday.