Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren start your morning the right.
Speaker 3: Away, be gay.
Speaker 4: This is Jason Lauren on one.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, welcome you Tuesday morning.
Speaker 5: Great news there, thank you, very topical news.
Speaker 3: A little peak behind the curtain. Sorry to everyone. Just heard the.
Speaker 6: News music music it's good to do should release that.
Speaker 3: Clint was sitting in front of me reading his news.
Speaker 7: We thought he was going to air, but all you were getting was the.
Speaker 5: Gen z our producer out there could not have moved any slower when she goes, huh ship, guys, I don't think we're on. What do you mean she goes Brodie, I don't think where on my body sat in the office room minute and was like okay all the way and then realized, oh no, they're actually not on.
Speaker 6: The worst thing is Jason and I thought.
Speaker 3: We were all. We thought we were having a great old time. I was giving him thumbs up, like you're reading really well.
Speaker 8: I am no, hitchy.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised anyone was listening to the news to notice we went on, Quint, good on you anything.
Speaker 8: One of the give us that come on, give us what's the top line?
Speaker 3: Just to recap Princess k Princess Kate is cancer free.
Speaker 7: Oh, she's finished therapy, months of treatment, about to return to royal duties.
Speaker 5: And they've released some beautiful family vision, a gorgeous The Windsors beautiful video.
Speaker 6: And also the iPhone sixteen is hitting shells today, which is triggering for Jason because he needs a new phone because he threw his phone the other day.
Speaker 8: He did it.
Speaker 3: We threw a highlight and something couldn't.
Speaker 8: Have done it if he tried accidentally.
Speaker 3: That's a silly thing.
Speaker 6: Like if he tried to do that one hundred times, he wouldn't be able to do it none at all.
Speaker 8: Hey, Clinton, I were watching the.
Speaker 6: Block last Goodness, I was cord but no, the.
Speaker 5: Block we were. We were mad on the text watching. Weren't we a couple of left?
Speaker 3: Oh? What happened?
Speaker 8: Well, she wasn't coping very well, which.
Speaker 3: Is is not coping at all.
Speaker 8: She wasn't coping at all.
Speaker 5: So they sent some counselors in and they had a big family meeting and they decided it was time to go. They were getting very heated with each other, this couple, and the neighbors could hear them yelling.
Speaker 7: Was just the check with the colored hair did the black Bear suprisingly.
Speaker 3: She's coping her partner. I'm worried about she.
Speaker 5: Said last night on the Block. What about when she said I'm just an ordinary, normal vanilla woman. And I was like, you've got lime green hair. There is nothing ordinary or vanilla about you.
Speaker 6: And she didn't like it when Ronnie and Georgia came the old blockheads, they just waste the couple that left for a week.
Speaker 5: Ronnie and Georgia just can't get enough of the Block. And you remember, time and time and time and time again they were not happy.
Speaker 8: Last time.
Speaker 7: I was about to say, well, maybe this is their redemption. We got told some a little behind the scenes block goss. Remember, yeah, they're on that season when it was in Hampton. They were doing a little cul de sac and Ronnie had that full menty b and apparently producers were in the shower trying to get his temperature down.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 5: They had come back for another year and then he I think there were stories he was doing his spin off on Channel Line, a building show, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 8: They came back.
Speaker 5: They were going to be the heroes, and the house absolutely shut the bed and I had to do the weather that morning that they got the they got.
Speaker 8: Their reserves reserve and he refused to do it, and he stormed off and he was crying and was like, it's just the block.
Speaker 3: It's just the block. I feel for the bloody producer.
Speaker 7: It's got to sit there with the detachable shower head and hose Ronnie down. Yeah, that's why because if you watch like the final episode, yes, when Scottie and Shelley are going we'll see you next year on the block, he's just sitting there like you're dripping.
Speaker 3: I hope they had a shower chair. I think they did have a shower che He wasn't in the shop and everyone was like, what happened to Ronnie?
Speaker 8: No, he wasn't happy because the house bombs. Yeah, they made the money. They made no monies anyway, that night, wasn't it Clinton? I want to be very exciting, the perfect couple. And I got distracted with the.
Speaker 7: Block driving around Melbourne. At the moment, I think I was with you. It's like, that's a block. That's a block that's like everywhere.
Speaker 8: At the moment, what do you mean potential sites?
Speaker 3: Just the ones that have been done?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's many alumni.
Speaker 5: Do they all still look spick and Oh yeah, schmick And what's that saying?
Speaker 3: Speaking span look speaking speaking span, schmick schmick and span speaking span.
Speaker 8: Speaking span.
Speaker 9: They look spick and span.
Speaker 3: They look schmick span.
Speaker 8: Speaking span clean speak. What does that stand?
Speaker 3: I liked better when we weren't on the air. Let's go back to this, Let's do the music. But to do, but to do? But hey, look a lot coming up today.
Speaker 7: Hawks fans, we're going a special guest joining yourself to eight this morning.
Speaker 6: Calsha Deer, one of the stars of the Hollywood Hawks, joins us.
Speaker 3: Nineteen years old.
Speaker 8: Howkball? Yes, they're playing.
Speaker 3: We'll talk all he soon as well.
Speaker 7: This is Billie Eilish, Good morning, Melbourne, Welcome and nover. It's his over one hundred. Well we are doing thanks to what if it is? Ossie for travel?
Speaker 8: Was my microphone on then and I was giving a fashion critique.
Speaker 3: It's one of those mornings. What is the thing's going to happen? My tip?
Speaker 7: I always turned Lauren's microphone on the last because normally I'll go, Mike's on here, but I.
Speaker 5: Don't listen to you because you go MIC's on twenty minutes before the song ends, and then you go to good point.
Speaker 8: He goes MIC's on, and then he goes, should we get breakfast?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What maybe is this conversation?
Speaker 8: Can we Mike's? Can we get coffee? Get Mike's? And then he goes, welcome back.
Speaker 6: I'm like, wait, just whenever you want, mate, Well, don't worry abot the warloight on the buttons.
Speaker 5: You don't actually turn the MIC's on when you say MIC's on. That's why I don't trust you, like the Boy who Cried Wolf. But one day I'm going to get MIC's off.
Speaker 8: I can turn it on myself now in this fancy new studio.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Hey, yesterday you just said I had a date day a date?
Speaker 3: Tell you what? We peaked early in the week. Haven't we to hang out?
Speaker 8: Well it wasn't really. It didn't go smoothly. We're to go and see you?
Speaker 3: Am I not surprised because.
Speaker 8: Of Monday Monday.
Speaker 5: I don't do activities on a Monday after the show. Monday is my day just to have no plans.
Speaker 3: I was back to back yesterday had a lot on.
Speaker 8: Back to back.
Speaker 5: Melbourne's busiest man in cause he didn't know anyway. With Chris Hemsworth coming up on the show this week, Kemsey, we love him. He is in a new film. Is in the new Transformers. We're talking about that later in the week.
Speaker 7: I was saying to Lauren, I think I'm allowed to say one line in the movie when he does that, like I am Optimist Prime.
Speaker 3: I looked over at Lauren.
Speaker 7: I was like, as a as a kid like to be able to Now you're the voice of optimists Prime Prime, Like, that's that's cool. I've got a protein powder called Optimist Prime.
Speaker 8: Do well, you might look like Chris Hams.
Speaker 6: Is he playing the role of my protein powder.
Speaker 8: Transformers? Honey? Anyway, we have to go to the movie. We'll tell you about it later in the week.
Speaker 5: But first of all, we get there and they're like, oh, we're just Jase. Because I'm going to be a bit late. I was like, Handard. She get there and they say, so you have to do a preview, see the film, then you interview cast and they said, well, we're just waiting for some others and I said, oh, who are the others?
Speaker 8: I was the only person.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me other radio.
Speaker 7: Show, Private cinema private cinema normally be right, though normally it'll be like, you know, someone for the project might be there, or someone from Fox or Gold or in other stations.
Speaker 5: And anyway, they said, oh, we're waiting someone called Jason, someone called Ellie. I was like, well, Jason's running late now, who's our producer? And she can't come?
Speaker 8: So it's just me, you and Wali. Just me.
Speaker 6: Doesn't scream Transformers?
Speaker 4: Does he know that'd be a Sarah Job or Georgie me cinema to myself anyway, whole cinema.
Speaker 5: Jase rolls in forty five minutes, late, forty five minutes.
Speaker 8: Then he sits there and he goes, how long dreking there?
Speaker 9: How long?
Speaker 5: And I said, it's okay, it's okay, puts his hat down on his nose, head down, sound asleep, No, no, no, I'm like, bro, wake up, wake up, Come on, we've got to watch this movie. Because we're interviewing the Stars movie and he's watching Transformers one.
Speaker 3: He got it.
Speaker 5: And then he goes, how long dreck and there is? I said about about forty minutes and he goes, okay, when you go get snacks, I was like, snacks is God here of the wattles gets up, walks through the Cinema of shame on his own out to the snack bar, which, by the way is not open, so I don't know where he got the next from.
Speaker 7: I had to go down the stairs across the jam factory and up the other stairs to the other side.
Speaker 5: Ah comes back with fifteen minutes to go with two chok tops. It's eleven o'clock on Monday morning, two massive chok tops. I was like, he's serious, because I said, great, I've had lunch. Yeah, get a smack. I think he's gonna come back with sushi or something. This guy walks out of the cinema covered in chocolate.
Speaker 8: He goes up there.
Speaker 5: He might as well if he goes I better not. I better not get any chocolate on these white shorts.
Speaker 8: And how dressed up he was today.
Speaker 6: He had a collar on this white tailored shorts.
Speaker 5: Yes, he looked like a child had eaten a choctop in a cinema. He was covered in melted chocolate all over his shorts, all down his shirt.
Speaker 8: It did look like he shut himself. How did you even do that?
Speaker 7: I said to you at the time as I was eating it. Because you're in the dark. You can feel the you can feel the.
Speaker 3: Chocolate break off. You don't know where it's going. The piece is gone.
Speaker 7: And I said to Lauren and I went, oh, god, damn, this is risky. I really hope I get chocolate on myself. I was covered in.
Speaker 8: It, covered covered, grow up.
Speaker 3: How much of the movie?
Speaker 7: You just most of it? Can I ask something? I was going to do this, but I thought you'd be like, no, no, no, no, no, that's awkward. There was a security guard in the cinema.
Speaker 8: Well, I wondered who he was.
Speaker 3: Well, so you told me he was a security guard.
Speaker 8: No, I didn't. I never you make things up. You said who's that? And I said he works here.
Speaker 3: Well, I went to offer him at chop top.
Speaker 6: I thought, Lauren had the chop top?
Speaker 3: Did you not eat your chop top? I was I was going to get one for the other guy and two choktops.
Speaker 8: But where did you get he was a security guard?
Speaker 3: From?
Speaker 8: Why did we need a security guard?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Because to protect the movie under a barger Yes, because.
Speaker 7: You know how in the past you used to set up a tripod and film it and then go to balley and sell copies.
Speaker 8: I never did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, that's what right.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm not going out in public with you against too embarrassing when you eat.
Speaker 3: How good were those little Ballei jobs? Do you ever watch those movies?
Speaker 5: The best was when you'd buy the DVD and you'd get home and put in it with something completely It was like Himalayan.
Speaker 3: We're upside down.
Speaker 8: You're supposed to be fast and furious.
Speaker 3: Or worse if the guy filming it laughed the whole book shake.
Speaker 10: Our next guest is a camera man and man of the camera.
Speaker 6: His nature photography social accounts have exploded in popularity recently.
Speaker 3: It's called passion and your passionate like that. You spend your whole lifetime looking for that perfect show.
Speaker 6: Many are dubbing him the younger and hunkyer David Attenborough.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the studio lit Chilborn.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning.
Speaker 8: You have a voice like David Attenbrah.
Speaker 3: He's got a voice. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can you can you narrate beautiful wildlife and beautiful scenery?
Speaker 3: And I could? I narrated my audiobook? So did? He has a good practice. Okay, how'd you go doing the book first time? That was great?
Speaker 11: He was a lot of sitting down a lot of reading, but I feel like I'm a better reader now.
Speaker 3: Mate. What's your background living in Geelong and how did you get into this?
Speaker 11: Well, my love for photograph we started way back when I was a kid living in North Queensland on my parents' farm and told my parents I was bored one day and they sort of just handed me a disposable camera and said, go do something.
Speaker 3: So that's what I've done. And ever since that day, it's just been like, you know, the whole world's come alive.
Speaker 5: Were you fascinated by it, like a particular type of animal, like were you a bird watcher?
Speaker 8: And then news became like.
Speaker 3: The people came to be a bit weird.
Speaker 8: I think people they're the best.
Speaker 3: Quo twitches, aren't they? Is that twitches twitches? It's a weird thing. I got a different name. But in the beginning I was sort of just fascinated with everything.
Speaker 11: Obviously the animals on the farm and I used to take my little camera on school excursions and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But then, yeah, the love for landscape photography.
Speaker 11: I come across a few people I like their work and I just got fascinated with it, you know.
Speaker 6: But Also, Instagram's helped you hugely, right, Like you've posted a lot of your material on socials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's where that's.
Speaker 11: Sort of that was, Yeah, the biggest change for me, Like and back in twenty twenty one, that's when I decided to sort of put myself on Instagram as not just pretty photos, but also like taking people behind the scenes and bringing them along so they can get the whole story behind the shot, not just the end product.
Speaker 5: I remember doing photography at school back when you had to develop them yourself and hang them.
Speaker 2: In that dark room.
Speaker 8: I never got the dark the dark room. All kinds of things went down in.
Speaker 5: The hookup spot for me, not for the bird people.
Speaker 8: The bird people weren't picking up.
Speaker 3: Lawrence photos were terrible, but she loved developing.
Speaker 8: Always catch people in the dark room along.
Speaker 3: With you taking photos.
Speaker 6: People are taking photos of you because you're doing a bit of modeling as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, have a look at it.
Speaker 7: I know is yeah, I'm sure that the photos are great online, but I guarantee that behind the scenes, people aren't just looking at the photos.
Speaker 8: You don't think people look at the animals?
Speaker 11: No, No, I mean it didn't come naturally but it's sort of something I just fell into it. I wouldn't call myself a model, but I've just sort of, yeah, found it with promotion of the book and getting a few good articles and.
Speaker 8: Arms like you working around topless every.
Speaker 3: Speaking of models. Humble, he's not for the reason I said, we've got to get Mitchell.
Speaker 8: Why did you want to have a show off with your gun?
Speaker 3: Yea yeah, aunt your mind and your and mind combined? And have you done? He was in GQQ. Yeah. Can we talk about the book? Ye?
Speaker 7: Life Camera action coffee table book. No, it's a memoir and all memoir. It's a memoir.
Speaker 3: How are you thirty? He's done something?
Speaker 8: That's part one of the men? What's it about?
Speaker 11: It tells my story from mining, spending a decade of mining to now leaving my dream and.
Speaker 3: Everything that got me to that point.
Speaker 11: Through the hard times, through mining, I was suffering, through mental health, and photography always pulled me through. So it's been my passion all along and it's led me to where I am today.
Speaker 6: I know you've got a beautiful girlfriend outside. How many chicks do you have? Slipping into the sliding ms or trying to slide.
Speaker 8: Into the everyone not just me.
Speaker 5: Well, Clinton called you before because we had a bit of a situation trying to get you here to the studio. Well, okay, based on Clarendon Street.
Speaker 11: Did you know that's a there's a couple of Clarendon Streets in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Have you been. I've done the biggest blockie you'll ever started in Thornbury. Clarendon Street, Thornbury.
Speaker 7: Hey messaged yeah, well, Jess our producer cheers. Can you run us through the text messages you got?
Speaker 1: So there was some phone calls and Mitch was like, yeah, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: I am two five five Clarendon's Street.
Speaker 1: Okay, send me your location. No, I can see I can see Preston signs for Northcote and he.
Speaker 3: Was like, okay, now it's not South Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Then we went again looking for Nova and he rang me a little bit later and I was like, oh, you'll probably see the building when you get here. There's a Coals', a Nando's. He was like, yeah, I can see Coals, I can see Kia.
Speaker 3: As soon as he said that, I was like the gardens in Richmond time the chime.
Speaker 8: So did you get out your compass?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Would have had better luck than Google Maps, honestly, and you do well in the city.
Speaker 3: So yeah. Also the anxiety of knowing what this team will be like. I was scared. I was scared. He's a country boy.
Speaker 8: You're better in nature. Where do you want to go from here? What's the plan? What's the big goal?
Speaker 3: I got some big goals. I don't know if anyone's ready for him.
Speaker 11: No, honestly, I want My biggest goal is to have a gallery, so I'm definitely working towards that. That's huge, and obviously just travel to bigger, better destinations to build up my portfolio.
Speaker 7: That's a that's a self funded thing, I guess yeah at the moment.
Speaker 11: And also social media has been helping I work with your brands.
Speaker 6: Five hundred thousand followers on Insta, two billion views on TikTok.
Speaker 8: Two billion.
Speaker 3: I don't know the numbers.
Speaker 8: It's a Mitchell Burns.
Speaker 7: The book is out now. You can go and grab it. Life camera action it is available, mate, you can.
Speaker 5: Get on the TikTok. He's even feeding a baby kangaroo.
Speaker 6: Oh stop it, look at it.
Speaker 8: His big hands, a tiny little He's also still in the room, Lauren, I know me your big hands.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming in. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Something happened.
Speaker 7: What have I always told you, Lauren? Never put your face in the podo?
Speaker 5: Oh the other thing you've always told me is that a thick shake is a meal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, very important life lessons and you don't want to combine the two.
Speaker 3: That's sorry.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if you saw this live, Jace, but I had to send a photo of it to you and bring it to your attention.
Speaker 3: This is the problem. Photo gets out, people start spreading it.
Speaker 8: I spread it. Someone in our team posted a photo of themselves.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it, Clint, I'm glad I'm not involved. WHOA there it is on the big screen. Okay, So in situ in a gym, Yes, tank.
Speaker 8: Top, Yes, it's a male.
Speaker 6: It's a male, and what appeared to be some very tight Nike bike short bike pants.
Speaker 5: Interestingly, that is a different photo to the one I've seen, so there must have.
Speaker 4: Been there a few Fighting's.
Speaker 3: The one you've seen someone?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that one he's got his face in it, and I'm like, don't put your face in.
Speaker 5: The different Okay. So the issue here that the man in question is our dig little guy.
Speaker 3: He should know better.
Speaker 8: Has bought himself something that he is vibing.
Speaker 3: What are you wearing nandos?
Speaker 2: I'm just wearing some nice little bike shorts. They're good for the leg day.
Speaker 5: He started going to the gym in bike shorts with no short, not like skins with shorts over the.
Speaker 3: Top, which is what I have done in the past.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they're they're compression tights and you wear or like, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple of Are you do we compression trying to compress?
Speaker 8: Yes, he's wearing Nike bikes.
Speaker 6: Two questions. Yes, are they red grundies under the bike shorts.
Speaker 8: Or free balling?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: Do you have a vpl.
Speaker 3: Visible panty line? Look?
Speaker 2: I think around the leg line. There was some visible some visible lines from my from my bonds.
Speaker 8: But so are you wearing a G string because I would always wear a G string under.
Speaker 3: Bike p You wearing a G bang? No?
Speaker 2: G banger?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, Now, I'm a big fan of bike shorts right there, and they're very like all the girls wearing Princess Diana.
Speaker 3: How does it feel?
Speaker 2: Oh, they feel amazing, so much freedom, they.
Speaker 8: Feel amazing, quite a small They feel amazing.
Speaker 3: Nikesh on there you amazing. Are you wearing them now? No?
Speaker 2: But I can wear them tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No? Nos, he got long socks with them.
Speaker 8: Oh no, he's gone the ankles. Where's gen Z? Gen Z?
Speaker 5: The gen Z has been saying that you can't be wearing ankle socks with bike shorts.
Speaker 8: You've got to wear long like gen Z?
Speaker 3: Is that doing it for you? That photo?
Speaker 8: I have theck so bad?
Speaker 3: What is it about the photo?
Speaker 8: Which part?
Speaker 6: Where do you want to start?
Speaker 3: Laura? If you saw a bloke in tight little bike shorts.
Speaker 8: In the gym without shorts.
Speaker 7: That I think that's the difference for blokes. It needs to be a shorts over the top job. Does it stop chafe? Is that what you're wearing it?
Speaker 3: They do stop chafe?
Speaker 2: Also, they have pockets on the side there, so they're obviously not meant to be worn with other shorts.
Speaker 7: Oh like Lulu Lemons where the girls put their phone and keys and stuff.
Speaker 3: On the side.
Speaker 8: There's no room for a phone or keys in those shots.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that phone will be into I'm not as offended by it.
Speaker 3: No, of course, here we go, because what do you reckon? He's rocking bloody leg day.
Speaker 8: You're not worrying. I've never seen here's the thing. Are you riding the bike anywhere?
Speaker 3: Did he ride a bike to the gym? No? No bike?
Speaker 8: Does it have a padded bumm?
Speaker 3: That is my no, no no.
Speaker 6: If this was a woman, we wouldn't be saying anything.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 8: No, you're right because women don't have Willi's day around.
Speaker 3: She's got you there, She's got your there.
Speaker 8: It's like you do you if you're comfy, knock yourself out.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: He's saying he should, he should do it. If he's gonna wear bike pants, do the tuck under. He's also going to have to shave the pins.
Speaker 12: Let it out.
Speaker 8: I mean, Matt Shervington's got around in bike shots.
Speaker 3: Those shave the pins please.
Speaker 5: They're also yeah, they out there not short shorts, and they're not long shorts.
Speaker 8: They're like mid fight on cyclists.
Speaker 3: Those padded bums. Oh, it looks like they're walking around with a nappion.
Speaker 5: For me, it's he's gone around the gym taking multiple photos of himself.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 8: How's the rig going?
Speaker 3: Good? Is that the before or after photo?
Speaker 2: Before?
Speaker 6: We are going I need a spray tand too, brother.
Speaker 5: And many fellows get around the bike pants surely not. Come on, fellas thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 8: Are you rocking bike shorts.
Speaker 3: With no shorts over the top? That'd be freedom?
Speaker 7: But you do see him on the footy field like a training and stuff, but shts over the top.
Speaker 5: It's the visible panty line for man. The phones haven't exactly lit up, aren't Nando's. I don't know how many blokes are getting around Melbourne bike can The issue.
Speaker 6: With the andies underneath is it just gets a bit sweaty, does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bitch fitzy, would you wear bike pants with no Oh no, i'd be free BORNU do you wear undies underskints?
Speaker 3: I did? I don't wear undies under gym show.
Speaker 8: You don't own skins?
Speaker 6: Stop?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I used to?
Speaker 8: Where did you ever.
Speaker 3: Them to the shops.
Speaker 8: On your electric bene?
Speaker 3: Do you have hand weights as well ankle weights?
Speaker 7: I've got an ankle bracelet sort of like a weight. Okay thirteen to twenty four ten. Let's just do a little social experiment. Here is our video. Guy Nandos the only bloke in Melbourne who leaves the house in bike pants alone, no shorts over the top, just raw dog bike pants.
Speaker 3: Big footing news.
Speaker 6: It's hard to believe, jas, but we're creeping closer to the AFL Grand Final.
Speaker 8: We're not that far away. What are three weeks with.
Speaker 6: Semi final weekend, next weekend pre then Final weekend and then it's a big one, the Grand Final. Of course, Victoria or Melbourne has the Grand Final public holiday on the Friday, which is when we have the Grand Final parade.
Speaker 8: Now we're not doing that silly little boat thing again.
Speaker 6: We're not and we're not doing a hybrid version, which is what they tried to do last year as well. So a bit of both, bit of bit of land and sea.
Speaker 8: Well, I think we just let Paris have that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was about to say, I mean yeah, but just let them have Paris games.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, much better job than those barges down.
Speaker 6: The Yarra they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's no, let's just.
Speaker 8: Leave it to them, otherwise we're going to be compared.
Speaker 6: So good news. The AFL will shortly confirm late it this morning that the Grand Final parade is returning to its more traditional route.
Speaker 3: Nice that being.
Speaker 6: It's going to start on Grand Slam Oval, which is that that big oval near Melbourne Park where all the entertainment is during the tennis. Yep, it's going to make its way through the sort of Austrayan open precinct, very nice, avoiding Batman Avenue.
Speaker 5: Is that to just not ruin the traffic? Yeah, I believe so smart, Thank you.
Speaker 3: To berung Ma.
Speaker 6: It's then going to do a U turn before finishing at Yarra Park at the MC, which is where most of the two hundred and fifty thousand people that are expected.
Speaker 7: Yeah, question question, when you say you turned, do they then go past the people that they've already seen.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's like a big U turn that comes down. I don't think it's like.
Speaker 3: Actually it's going to say that'd be awkward.
Speaker 8: A couple of delies and go back yellow ye.
Speaker 6: And then of course then they get to the g which is quite iconic on Grand Finally, both captains of the two Grand final sides hold up that Premissure Cup.
Speaker 8: Yeah, amazing. Yeah, it's happy with that. I'm happy to be well done.
Speaker 3: Best year in Melbourne, best time of year.
Speaker 8: It's a great time of year now, I haven't.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's sparkling out there today, hopefully it's it's a daylight.
Speaker 7: Today I haven't broken the hearts of my kids yet because I think I'm going to the Grand Final with you guys?
Speaker 3: Is it the September? We're going to the Grand Final? I believe we are. Am I invited? Because I don't know anything about it. My question is it a tie job?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Have you planned something without me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: In you're coming, am I?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Will you working? You'll be working? No, Oh you're coming. Only go where you go? Okay, I believe. I believe we've been invited.
Speaker 3: Have we told Melbourne about our party as well?
Speaker 7: We are going to be hosting our Grand Final that party?
Speaker 8: Are coming to that party?
Speaker 3: No, you've got to win a ticket.
Speaker 8: Have we not talked about it yet?
Speaker 3: Well, we've said, Look, we dropped a few.
Speaker 5: We're doing a Grand Final breaks and if you want to come, No, no, stay tuned because I will tell.
Speaker 8: You soon because I don't know how you come yet. Are we win tickets? Yes, we are having THEMOSA and party pis for breakfast.
Speaker 3: No, it's like a ye, you can have my party. You can's my name on it?
Speaker 8: I think so?
Speaker 3: Oh you know what would be good? Cocktail?
Speaker 8: Frankfurts love a cocky?
Speaker 3: You love?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Sorry for? Breakfast.
Speaker 8: You love what so I love a cocky Frank for breakfast.
Speaker 3: I'm going to need that audio isolated.
Speaker 8: Clint like coffee Franks for breakfast.
Speaker 3: He'll taken any time covernor Franks.
Speaker 7: In the next couple of weeks, you can win your invites to our Grand Final breakfast.
Speaker 8: That is going to be fun.
Speaker 7: We have a cracking lineup of guests, some very cool prizes you can win on the morning and we can't reveal where it is yet.
Speaker 8: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: It's a perfect location for Grand Final breakfast and you can win your way there.
Speaker 3: Just keep it on. Novar got to.
Speaker 7: Say, as a parent, I'm very happy to you hear the news regarding social media laws.
Speaker 8: I know interesting.
Speaker 5: Not only the Victorian government have come up saying that they're going to raise the age, but Elbow now also saying it'll be part of his election campaign.
Speaker 7: Good Ja Cintra Allen, Victorian Premier, are going to join us on the air after.
Speaker 6: She's got a lot of it on her plate at the moment.
Speaker 8: There's a lot going on in Victoria.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of ship we need to fix here.
Speaker 8: To be honest, it's a big job.
Speaker 3: Yep. She's going to be on the air with us after seven to thirty. Bailey Smith is leaving the kennel. Yes, that's how you.
Speaker 8: Do it, turning from a dog to a cat cat doll.
Speaker 3: That's how you do a track.
Speaker 7: You put the feelers out first, you get a club ready to go, and then you say on one out.
Speaker 5: Remember cat, cat dog, cat dog, cat dog cart It was half cat, half dog, cat.
Speaker 8: Dog, cat doll.
Speaker 3: Are you okay this morning?
Speaker 8: I'm just can I do anyone remember cat dog?
Speaker 1: I remember cat the dog alone in the world as a little cat doll.
Speaker 3: What is going on here today?
Speaker 8: Well, he's going from a dog, I get it, he's a cat.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 6: He's a dull cat.
Speaker 12: The news guy.
Speaker 5: Don't you geta dog with a head on his bomb and it's a cat?
Speaker 3: What am I doing? Anyway?
Speaker 6: We told you first on Melbourne Whispers and he was a cat right here on that he was a cat dog.
Speaker 3: Guys, where's the professionalism?
Speaker 8: We don't have any.
Speaker 3: How's it good?
Speaker 8: Cat doll?
Speaker 3: I can't this. Yes, I've got a mortgage.
Speaker 7: It is just twelve past seven, Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: This is taste. I'm ashamed to say this is an over Paul and I have.
Speaker 8: Been turned into a meme.
Speaker 5: Guys, there's this thing floating around old say my poorlie and I he there's a thing floating around on socials at the moment that my friends were talking about, and I was like, that's me.
Speaker 8: Do you ever see those things in you?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I've seen I feel either personally attacked or scene anyway. This one is about how we have two cars, right like you and your wife have two cars.
Speaker 8: Clinton, you've got one car.
Speaker 5: Lots of American couples, no wife, no one car. But we have two cars. But we don't have our own cars. Like I get up in the morning and I just take which have a car?
Speaker 8: So we don't. I don't care.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: One car is mine and one car is born? Have two cars?
Speaker 5: Sometimes I take Teslas, some times truck depends what I feel like in the morning.
Speaker 8: And he never says, well, why.
Speaker 3: Do you take where.
Speaker 8: Bums in both cars?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: I take my lip bum with me my pocket. We the cars are bringing vacant, they're like rental cars.
Speaker 8: Get in there's nothing.
Speaker 6: What if you what if Paul wants the other cars?
Speaker 7: He couldn't there's no there's no pre chat the night before, like, hey, I'm going to take the truck.
Speaker 5: I just get up In some mornings I'm like, I think I'll take the truck, grab the keys.
Speaker 8: And off I go.
Speaker 3: That's exciting. What do you take more the Tesla?
Speaker 5: Because I keep smashing the truck into the roof of the car park here, remember a bit high, I've got a lower lower the defender before I drive.
Speaker 6: That's really That's rattled me me too.
Speaker 5: This meme about it at the moment, saying that there's these families that have cowboy cars and they just go and take you.
Speaker 3: Not when lou Borrow is my car, I hate you. I go to get in. I got to get in a bag.
Speaker 7: My knees hit the dashboard, a lot of them, return the seat to the driving.
Speaker 5: I get in the car and I'm all and Paul's very tall, so I'm like, oh, this is fun. Paul's been in the car. I will just move the car, see where it needs to go. I rearrange the mirrors and off.
Speaker 7: I get in a loose cart and I'm just like, it's just crap around me, lip gloss, bloody phone cables hanging everything's a bomb. Make up all on the visor, on the visor.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's makeup on the one.
Speaker 3: The one thing, the one thing that does my heading. She drives the car a havel.
Speaker 8: I like those. I want to I want to build your own, build your dream, but build your.
Speaker 7: D The thing that does my heading is she pushes on the mat, kinks up underneath the accelerator, and I'm like, I'm going to slam on the brakes one day and I'm gonna ge straighten your bloody well.
Speaker 5: It's almost like you have to respect the cars because you don't know if your can't is going to get in and judge you.
Speaker 8: Always is.
Speaker 3: I got my car, she's got hers. That's how your share.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't not a lot of other things. We're not like a tooth brush couple. You know, people are shared to That's.
Speaker 6: The one that is the one sacred item in anybody's house. Some people sure, toothbrush. You can't be You can never ever be sharing at time.
Speaker 3: I'll take whatever's there. No, that's that's okay.
Speaker 8: What about question?
Speaker 7: No, you've got the little detachable heads, But I forget what color is.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even like sharing an electric handle of a toothbrush where you change the head.
Speaker 3: You won't even share the hand. I keep forgetting. I'm blue one yellow mate.
Speaker 6: It is sacred. The toothbrush is sacred. You've had that in your gob. I don't want that in my gob.
Speaker 3: But my GOB's touching her gob not often, but you know you take oh yeah, don't say Park Jason the same thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about the absolute freaks out there? And I'm calling you if you are one of these people, you are a freak that don't have sides of the bed and they just get in whatever side they want, whenever they want.
Speaker 3: That's a hard note for me. We're in we've been together in twenty three years.
Speaker 6: I am left, do you know, single for all? And I get in the same side of the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm the left.
Speaker 5: When Paul's away, I don't even think you know what this is. Living around the other side and climbing.
Speaker 3: One side of the mattress must feel brand new.
Speaker 6: You know, he's still got the st.
Speaker 5: They need to do to rotate every six months, spin it around, clink, So there's not a.
Speaker 3: In the biggest hole you'll ever see. When you do get a partner, it's gonna be like climbing miss spring right off the bed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, your last and he's got the crevice in the sofa.
Speaker 3: Are we talking charing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty four ten. What weird thing do you share with your partner? Doesn't matter who's who's in return?
Speaker 7: I got free stuff to go. I just the cars really rattle me, that's just yeah.
Speaker 8: Even couples share clothes. That wes me.
Speaker 3: There's a same second couple.
Speaker 7: We've got good friends of ours Row and Day and they just have one wardrope.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, yeah, yeah, no, that's not happening.
Speaker 3: I like they've got their special shirt andies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably just yeah, Dave's left a pair of music right place before and climb money.
Speaker 8: I couldn't imagine waking up and seeing Paul in my undies. We don't.
Speaker 3: Drinking, he's running around in.
Speaker 8: We don't share laceis you don't know that you're not hurt? Trust me, I know.
Speaker 3: Things are stretched when you put them back on.
Speaker 6: Paul in a pair of your undies is something I can't unsee in my mind.
Speaker 3: Red lazies, it's just one legging.
Speaker 5: If you think I'm getting around Melbourne wearing red laceies, you've got rocks and your clean with.
Speaker 3: The stockings with the little elastic clip. God, that'd be stretched.
Speaker 8: It's black or nude. That's it. There's no red laceis in.
Speaker 7: I've got two QT Rooftop voucher up for grabs. QT Rooftop is the only place to spend your spring.
Speaker 8: Thirteen twenty four to ten. What do you share with your partner?
Speaker 3: We are talking what do you share with your partner?
Speaker 5: Boys aren't coping with the facts that Paul and I have two cars that we share. Like in the morning, wake up and I'm like, which car am I going to take today? And now I wake up and sometimes he's already gone and he's taken one of the cars.
Speaker 3: I've had two mates ready to take me.
Speaker 8: I think it's weird.
Speaker 3: Oh they got absolutely not.
Speaker 6: It's rattling. But what's worse is sharing a toothbrush. But that is a cardinal sin. You get that out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: I just got my car clean the other week and I get in it. Lou had moved it.
Speaker 7: Out of the driveway so the kids can play basketball, so she was in my car for ten seconds. Now, I'm sorry, but did we open a matt counter on my steering wheel and.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in a bronzer on it. Oh, like my hands slid straight off. I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, so we don't mind, but we don't keep We keep them neat though. So it's like a rental car system. You just get up and take whichever one of the two cars you.
Speaker 7: Were fair enough, I wouldn't be giving you the bond back. Oh, Abby, what do you share with your partner?
Speaker 13: Me and my partner just share a razor, not like one, but like we have whatever in the bathroom and we just use it whatever. We're in the show.
Speaker 5: See I've done this face raise and he shaves his face with you've just done the gray hairs left on.
Speaker 6: The legs and then he puts it on his face.
Speaker 8: He doesn't really, yeah, I've done it.
Speaker 5: I know we have separate ones, but there has been times when I'm like, oh, I don't have one in here, holds quickly quick ones over, once over. I don't have a lot of hair on my legs because I've had them lase it. But there's a few, you know, just whip them off. You wouldn't cope with me using your shaver for your face on my is it?
Speaker 6: Do you think effects.
Speaker 8: Do you think because Gullette, No, my Louis, I've got Louis.
Speaker 3: You've been single and independent for so long? Yes? Is that no? But is that a fear of yours?
Speaker 7: Like if you've got relation wrong shame no, No, but just like get into a relationship. Yeah, like everything's like and at forty it's like, oh god, now I'm sharing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you also don't get a say in it.
Speaker 5: It just happens. But Paul uses lady Raisers. They're apparently more gentle on the skin.
Speaker 8: But mine, I.
Speaker 7: Bet Paul's loving today's show fifteen it too, was strutting around in your undies.
Speaker 8: Really Yeah, apparently lazy lady raises the more gentle.
Speaker 3: Because they've got more contours, more blades. Maybe I'll give that.
Speaker 8: Any give the lady Raser. Get a pink one on you, purple.
Speaker 3: Pink, Samantha, What sweet treat do you guys share?
Speaker 13: I do know the truth, brash Sharriffs. But my partner and I are Magnum the Shriffs.
Speaker 8: So what you get one Magnum and have half?
Speaker 3: Eh?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: It's a bit weird. I eat the chocolate from the outside and here it's the ice cream on the inside.
Speaker 8: That's a match.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's because sometimes I don't want the ice cream, you just want I just want the chocolate, especially if it's a white chocolate one, right, or that all that.
Speaker 8: Almond one almond?
Speaker 6: I love the almond, and then that ice cream can go and get in the bin.
Speaker 3: What about the ego? Is the eggo?
Speaker 8: Ego?
Speaker 6: Ego inside? Who gets that camel?
Speaker 8: Did you call it an ego? An ego? You called it an ego?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't know the exact names of ice creams.
Speaker 5: Have you never heard the word ego, which is ironic coming from.
Speaker 8: Not the ego the magnum Know that's caramel, not eggy oak. You are on one today, Well, you're putting the words in your own mouth.
Speaker 3: Brother Sarah, how are you guys?
Speaker 14: My mother in law and her partner they share a bobby tin to clean their easy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, why says is he about the sheep with the bobby bit in the hair or she has as well, so they just.
Speaker 13: Wipe it off on a dance whatever and then back in.
Speaker 8: Have you seen this take place? Or they've told you?
Speaker 14: Just sitting on the side of the.
Speaker 5: In the house.
Speaker 8: You let yourself go when that's happening.
Speaker 3: Sure you let you can afford to bobby pins.
Speaker 7: I was about to say one hundred. They're scattered all around my house. You could borrow a couple.
Speaker 8: That's disgusting.
Speaker 3: That's love, guys, that's like, it's not our lookers in the.
Speaker 12: House's so bad.
Speaker 8: That's terrible to sit around A good morning guys. How are you good? You've had an early start this morning. Oh not as early as you but it's lovely to see you. But have you just driven down from bending your.
Speaker 9: Nose sitting this week? So I'm in the city for the week.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, you promised me regional bakery delights next time you come in.
Speaker 9: I've been in a city.
Speaker 7: That's fine, you've been in the city. I'll give you leave past this time, but next time, this one, next time you lose my vote.
Speaker 9: Oh that's a big The team are on it.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say, as a parent of three young kids, I was very happy waking up this morning and seeing the news headlines regarding social media age limits?
Speaker 3: Can you recap it for everyone?
Speaker 9: So look, I'm a parent, but also I visit a lot of schools, talk to a lot of kids, teachers, parents, and then also you look at the evidence, right you kids ten and twelve.
Speaker 8: Today on social media?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well this is a big issue in our house. Big issue in our house. We've actually stopped letting them use YouTube because we got to do that one click.
Speaker 8: And you're in a hole.
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 6: How do you stop them? Is that just parenting you can put on?
Speaker 7: You have to put a block on. Really, honestly, the best way to describe it is like watching drug addicts. Yeah, if you just said, don't go on there. Like we've even had to go on and check the screen time and stuff during the night because the kids will wake up.
Speaker 9: Longing on the middle and I and this is where I think it becomes a conflict at home. It's kids and parents. You know, you've got enough going on. You don't need to add that conflict into home. And that's where the battle's got to be against the tech giants. They have the means and the measures to stop this sort of content being pumped into kids feeds. Now they're not taking enough action. And the proposal to look at putting in place a ban on social media for kids under fourteen, parental controls for fourteen and fifteen year olds is just one step. It's one tool in the toolkit to manage this inappropriate content being pumped through.
Speaker 8: Is that what we're doing in Victoria? There is there will be a band. What is the age?
Speaker 9: So it's moved a bit overnight and I'm really excited to see that the Prime Minister is coming on board. So South Australia have been doing some work. We've been talking with South Australia. There's a proposed draft bit of legislation that we were looking at introducing at a state level, and we're wanting to go out and chat to parents and teachers and kids and also experts about how to do it, not should we do it, but how to do it? And then this morning the Prime Minister has jumped on board and said it's going to be a national approach, which is just fantastic.
Speaker 3: Audio albow back in this morning.
Speaker 10: Well, what we want to do is to get our kids off their devices, to get them interacting with real people, having real experiences. And we know that social media is doing social harm.
Speaker 3: Premiert. That's all good and well, but how on earth do you make that happen? How do you police it?
Speaker 9: Look and this is a challenge. And as I said before, we know the tech giants have the mechanisms now to deal with it, they're not. And that is where the proposal that we're wanting to go out and consult on, which I believe might also be what the federal government are announcing, is to put the obligation back on the tech giants. So you could have a regime of fines and obligations on those tech giants to take responsibility for who's signing up to their platform.
Speaker 6: In regards to age verification, yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 8: I think that's part of it, but parents still have to enforce it within their homes as well. Wash your hands of it.
Speaker 3: Fat are you saying we would have to show some sort of ID.
Speaker 9: So the e Safety Commission has been working on an age verification tool so it can be done. And there's also a lot of the states in the US are doing this as well. But going back to Lauren's point about you're right, it will still become a conversation in the home, but for the parents, it gives them another reason to.
Speaker 3: Say to the kids, the powers out of my hands.
Speaker 8: These are the rules. These are the rules.
Speaker 9: And if you think about we banned mobile phones in schools a few years back. We were the first state here in Australia to do that and that also got a really strong response from parents and teachers because it's someone else talent kids, and that helps parents.
Speaker 3: Enforcements because as a parent, they're like, well, I hate you, dad, sign me up. And it's like me, it's not me, no offense, it's a government.
Speaker 6: You know. I'm not sure if Killmore's in your electorate. Is it just so the father of a teenager who took her own life, Jessica Clellan, this is a horrible, horrible story. He wants He's welcomed this move obviously, but he wants a step further. He wants a curfew imposed on teens or on kids using social media. Is that really and is that something we can also try and push for.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look, I'd be happy to have a look at it. And I think again, this is where the voices of families, parents' kids is really really important, really important. That's part of the consultation. And as I said before, I've visited a lot of schools and I ask kids two questions, both primary and secondary kids, what do you reckon about limiting a ban on social media and what do you reckon the age should be. And what's really interesting is whether it's primary school secondary school kids. They all say, yeah, there does need to be a limit, and they all kind of bounce around the thirteen fourteen year old age they need to do pretty universal.
Speaker 7: Well, we were having this chat off the air before we arrived, and we all just sat here with the same thought.
Speaker 3: Thank god we didn't have this at school. I'm so great, but school was hard enough.
Speaker 5: I grew up in a time where there was no social media, and I had a pretty great childhood, right, But I do wonder if that would have been different if all of this was it in my hand.
Speaker 9: And this is where the balance is tipped the wrong way, doing more harm than good at the moment. And I really want to speak clear though. There is good on social media. You can find your community, your space, your village.
Speaker 3: Great poached eggs in your area.
Speaker 9: That's all depending on what you want to do, you can find.
Speaker 8: And so how do we get the good back? What is social media?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 8: What do we talking about?
Speaker 9: This is also something that YouTube social media. Yeah, so there's a few different The proposal is what's in and what's out and you everything's in unless it's decided that it's not social media. Because there's a few platforms that are safe and appropriate to use, particularly ones that are run through schools or the education. In the education space, YouTube is an interesting one because it's more an app than a social media.
Speaker 7: Another problem with YouTube though, and I get quite emotional about this because and I'm only going to talk about this now because my kids wouldn't be in the car, but I've seen my kids absolutely change after being on YouTube, Like we've had to ban their attention span, Like now they watch YouTube shorts. Where they couldn't watch something for a minute and a half, now they need twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: So it's an addiction. It's an absolute addiction.
Speaker 9: When ye and I've had that experience too.
Speaker 3: It's horrible, yep.
Speaker 9: And you don't want to be in conflict with your kids.
Speaker 7: The other thing, and parents all say to me as well, it's bloody hard because you sit there and go, oh, no, I shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 3: But here's the iPad. I just need a break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is this bipartisan? Is the opposition on board?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 9: I hope so I haven't. I haven't heard, because this is we announced this yesterday and there's been the announcement by the Prime Minister this morning. But I would hope so because it is something that it doesn't matter where you're from, your family circumstances, it's a pretty universal experience.
Speaker 8: So when when is this happening?
Speaker 9: So this is where we were proposing on consulting on the legislation. The Prime Minister has indicated this morning. I believe that he wants to legislate before the end of the year. And that's and in terms of taking a national approach, because one of the questions is how do you stop this at a state border. Well, now we're having a national conversation and a national approach.
Speaker 7: Shame on anybody who's against Just quickly I was going to say, we want to lower the age. What about kids who've been listening now who have access to it, who were say fifteen, How does it work? And that's way to lose it.
Speaker 9: We're going to need to talk to those kids. Absolutely, I'll have to be a phase out there to just STI a heart. So that's where and again this is also now being picked up in that national approach.
Speaker 5: May be kids born after this year and then it all slowly puts back for a couple of years.
Speaker 8: But you know what, Jason, we were talking before.
Speaker 5: I would actually love to hear from some kids who were maybe nineteen or twenty now who grew up with social media, to say, do you wish you didn't have it when you're a kid, because I'm grateful we didn't have it. I'd love to hear from some young late teens, early twenty how did.
Speaker 9: I share your story? Because I asked these questions of kids at schools, and I've got two really two. I remember on two occasions students who were sixteen, fifteen, six coming up to me and saying, I now know the damage it was doing it. Yeah, and so I wish there had been a band when I was younger because I can now see how I wasn't ready for it. And that's where the evidence comes in. Kids' brains aren't developmentally ready for that kind of content that's being pumped.
Speaker 8: Through thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 5: If you are in that age, Brackey, you'd like to join the conversation because I think these are the people that kids will learn from. They're going to learn from the twenty year old. They're not going to learn from us oldies telling them what to do. But if there's twenty year olds and nineteen years saying I wish I didn't have it, this.
Speaker 6: Is the most impressionable age total, you know, and you'd know as parents, you know this is the time that we need to make these adjustments and these changes.
Speaker 3: It is frightening.
Speaker 7: I get quite emotional about it, as do I. I'm with you, Oh mate, I've had days where I'm just going to smash it. I'm holding the iPad and handle.
Speaker 8: So that's another issue.
Speaker 5: There's technology and then there's social media, and they're too completely similar but also separate things.
Speaker 3: What do you mean we're going to go outside and kick a football?
Speaker 12: Dad?
Speaker 3: Put on the screen, fresh air, hang on a good late good to check and thank you, take care.
Speaker 7: Just center al and join us on the air thirteen twenty four to ten. We'll take your cause next. A lot of parents will be waking up to good news this morning hearing the government out to lower the legal age for social media sorry, looking at looking at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to put a ban in place for kids under certain age being on social media. There is a long way to go, but the Prime Minister has spoken this morning saying he fully supports it.
Speaker 8: We're going to make it a national policy.
Speaker 5: But what we want to talk about this morning, which the phones have gone bananas for, is we want to talk to young people who were on social media that wish perhaps they weren't. Because I'm extraordinary, extraordinarily grateful that I grew up in an era where we didn't have any.
Speaker 8: Of this stuff.
Speaker 3: It is one of my biggest fears.
Speaker 8: I just kind of scraped through.
Speaker 5: I think I was in year twelve when MySpace came in, which was sort of the first one of the social media and that was where.
Speaker 8: You ranked your friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that, the top nine or when always change.
Speaker 8: Them and if you had a fight, Yeah, if you had a fight with someone, you're the top nine. How everyone had Tom, So that was sort of the first one that I just had a little bit of.
Speaker 7: He was always he was always a little bit self indulgent on your Tom. All right, let's go to Beller in Hampton Bella. How old are you and how well were you when you started using social Hi.
Speaker 15: Guys, So I am twenty two and I was kind of I was in year six, like around twelve, when Instagram Snapchat were really big and it was kind of you know, the first kind of social media platforms that we were introduced to, and like the access we had growing up was kind of just like astronomical, Like I'm the oldest in my family, don't have any siblings or any older siblings, so like my parents navigating that, Like I just looked back at that, and I'm absolutely terrified of having kids in this generation because it's just scary.
Speaker 8: It is scary, isn't And do you think do you think that changed childhood bella.
Speaker 15: One, Like the bullying that transpired, like hiding behind you know, you just there was even like a apps like after them, like you could just like everything was anonymous, Like it was just insane and I and just the perpetual diet culture like now like growing through that as well, just the access of seeing so many different people out there and messages that were pushed through is like terrifying.
Speaker 7: And then were people judgmental on posts as well, like only got two larks.
Speaker 15: One hundred percent? That was such an issue too, Like even recently Instagram like has the option that you can turn off like now, and I can't see how much that changed a lot, Like it was such a competition, like Muhammed followers, you had, how many likes and comments you would get?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 15: It was such a competition.
Speaker 5: Hey, bella four young kids who might be on the way to school listening to this right now. They might be fighting with their parents about using social media. They might not be allowed on social media, but they want to be.
Speaker 8: What would you say to them, I would say it's.
Speaker 15: Not worth it. The I don't know, like I just look at the access they have, the competition, just the amount of what they can see, just how other people look, and just the competition towards it. I just think is very scary. And everyone you know, has their own journey in life.
Speaker 6: My issue here is that kids being told they can't have something.
Speaker 8: Is like a red rag to a bull, especially being told.
Speaker 6: It is regardless of how old you are. You know, kids are so so stevvy when it comes to a device. You know, how on earth, how on earth there's going to be way?
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 7: Why they want it, Clint, because their mates are yeah yeah, And that's the thing. It's sort of like I reckon if I mean even just CenTra Al and the Premier was here before it. Then when she goes around talks to kids, they're like, yeah, yeah, would be happy with an agelment and stuff. I think if you dragged every kid separately in a room and they didn't have to say it in front of their friends, they would love.
Speaker 3: Not the pressure that goes with it.
Speaker 8: As adults, I find it really full on at time.
Speaker 7: On the same That's why you hear all the time everyone's like, I'm doing a social media detos.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Nadia in Blackburn, twenty one years old. Nadia, good morning, good morning, How are you good? Where do you sit it on this? Because you're still a very young person, what do you think about people younger than you being on social media?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, I have an interesting perspective because I work with kids as well as I'm still at university myself, and I find that just even for me, social media is is this kids. And it's even hard to get my work done because I just find myself switching between my Uni work and then going on social media, and so it just kind of takes over your life in a way to quit easy senses like entertainment that you just kind of sit.
Speaker 6: So, given your work with kids, can you put an age on it?
Speaker 3: Can you this morning? Right now?
Speaker 6: Can you just definitively say it should be sixteen or.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I absolutely believe it should be sixteen. There's even research at screen time should be significantly reduced and shouldn't there should be no screen time before two years of age.
Speaker 7: You know the other bad thing I was going to say, Natti, you work with kids. When you're in front of kids, would they see you pick up your phone and look at social media?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 13: I try as best as I cannot to involve businessing with phones. But then again, we still use iPads, you know.
Speaker 5: But I think like kids see us drink alcohol, and it doesn't mean that they can do it, and there are rules that you can't you can and can't do it certain ages. But Nadia, if you work with kids, do you see the difference in kids who who are on devices and social media versus the ones that aren't so much? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, I mean you even see in their play, like the topics they discussed in their play is completely different to what you would add two years ago. Like the other day they've got these square blocks and they pretend that they're iPads. And the other day one of the kids said they're going to post something on Facebook.
Speaker 5: I don't know how old are they are therefore, Yeah, and the kids do see what out and that's an age old thing, right, Like my nephew has no screen time. He's too, he's never used a screen. He doesn't watch he doesn't watch YouTube, he doesn't.
Speaker 8: He doesn't.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't know how to use the mobile phone, but he picks up the remote control and pretends he's walking around talking on it like his parents.
Speaker 3: And kids do that.
Speaker 7: And let's be honest, single chop Yeah first, yeah, because I watched Archie the other day, who's two two euro up, and he picked up an iPad and you exactly what to do with it, which was terrifying because he doesn't normally have it.
Speaker 6: He's seen his brothers and let's be honest. Yeah, let's not mits our words this morning. The social media giants out there could not give us stuff clean. So there needs to be a homegrown solution. And hats off to both the federal and state government because it sounds like it's coming, and also to Michael Whippley here at Nova who has really championed this course.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. He's done a power of work here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he absolutely has. It's it's really impressive and it's great. I mean, like we all said, we're so glad we grew up in an era where we didn't have it as well.
Speaker 7: I said to Louse the other day, we praise people like Mark Zuckerbergen to me, and I know this is extreme. He is the devil at the moment. What he has caused, the stress and the fallout in the world is unbelievable. And I know I sound like an old grumpy guy saying that, but honestly, firsthand, the crap we have to deal with because of what he's invented as unbelieving.
Speaker 8: But it also has done a lot of good for a lot of other people too.
Speaker 5: Like social media is that it is, and technology is like I know that you are in the trenches with your kids dealing with it, but it's changed a lot of people's lives, their businesses.
Speaker 3: There and you know what, it's killed a lot of others.
Speaker 7: It really has. It's just gone a past eight. Every day at eight o'clock, give you a chance to win money. And today I will playing with the young fellow love.
Speaker 8: This good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 8: How old are you Osis?
Speaker 17: Good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 8: How old are you? Osis?
Speaker 17: Know?
Speaker 3: How the question is going to go.
Speaker 6: One, otis sorry the way you you have a special bond with children. I love otis? What football team do you break for one? Who's your favorite swanee?
Speaker 3: Um by that caning? Yeah, he won a game for the Swans the other day. He's a ripper.
Speaker 7: Alright, right, Otis, do you want to go an easy question for fifty a meeting question.
Speaker 3: For five hundred? Or a little fella? Do you want to roll the dice for five k I'm fifty bucks free? Great idea, you don't want the five found? No, Lauren, fifty dollars fifty bucks? Two or seven year old is like winning powerball?
Speaker 8: Come on, Otis, this is it.
Speaker 3: We're about to give you a question.
Speaker 7: It is all thanks to our mates a KFC. You can hit in the KFC and get more bang for your bucket with KFC's packed.
Speaker 3: Lunch for just nine to ninety five not available on delivery.
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, I hope you gets it.
Speaker 3: The KFC or the question both?
Speaker 8: Potentially both? Okay? Otis for fifty dollars? Can you name a character from the Lion?
Speaker 3: King Kimber is my favorite?
Speaker 8: Two otus? Congratulations, but what are you going to do with your fifty bucks Otus. Maybe say, oh, Otis, your parents will be so proud of her.
Speaker 3: Otis. This one's going to win the premiership.
Speaker 10: Hopefully you do.
Speaker 8: You know how the Sydney Swan songs?
Speaker 3: Good idea? Can you sing a bit?
Speaker 15: Yeah? Go on, ch Chi the wedder, the what honor the name?
Speaker 13: By damn by?
Speaker 6: Not hey?
Speaker 5: Good on your Otis legend mad.
Speaker 3: Say more faster.
Speaker 7: It's cute when the seven year old does it, not when the seventy year old has a crop very fastest brown I know r.
Speaker 3: I d pfassa faster fassa. James Earl Jones, he was the voice of Darth.
Speaker 8: Vader, but also Massa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what he got here?
Speaker 1: I do you, Father.
Speaker 8: Vader? I've seen any of them, not one. I have no interest in Star Wars or Star Trek, and I don't know the difference.
Speaker 3: Field of dreams. He was in field of dreams.
Speaker 8: I've seen field of dreams. They will come, he will come, He will come, He will come, isn't it?
Speaker 7: And then Simber, I'm very disappointed you could have been killed you deliberately.
Speaker 3: This will beet me. One of the best, isn't he? Or he was?
Speaker 8: We do a Lion King song. Come on, let's do Disney our r I.
Speaker 3: I think the kids will love it. They're in their cars. Well that went from a song to Disney How that escalated very doing. I'll tell you what Let's do?
Speaker 8: Yeah great, but the Disney version not that.
Speaker 3: Elton John James, Earl Jones. This is for you. This is for you. And on the other side of this Hollywood Hawks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to teach you about howckball we're doing.
Speaker 2: You know what it is?
Speaker 3: Do you know you'll find out next class will be drained by one of the stars of the Hawks.
Speaker 6: Tell you what those Hawkers they are flying high right now. They're into a semi final after what was a very very impressive victory over the Western Bulldogs and one of their brighter stars. In fact, they're all very bright because they're all very annoyingly young and talented.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it. Kelsha Deer joins us.
Speaker 17: Good morning mate, Good morning. How's it going guy?
Speaker 8: Well, how are you?
Speaker 17: I'm good fit, tired. It's the earlier morning on a day off, but I'm happy to do.
Speaker 3: He's nineteen, mate, he doesn't normally get up till bloody eleven.
Speaker 17: I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: What do you do on your days off?
Speaker 17: God? Not much, really, not much at all.
Speaker 12: I want to be nineteen again.
Speaker 3: I don't want to jump too far ahead.
Speaker 7: But if the Hawks made the Granny, what's the youngest player that's played in a Grand Find?
Speaker 3: Oh no, there's been rookies. Yeah, yea yeah, right, so you're old?
Speaker 17: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as so, how are you going? Because you're nineteen? The Hawks are just absolutely flying. You're playing in front of sold out crowds of ninety hundred thousand.
Speaker 8: Are you pinching yourself? Going?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 18: I think for me it's so surreal that I just don't really feel as much pressure because none of it feels real to be so. But obviously playing in front of massive crowds is so much fun and everyone, our whole team has handled it amazingly. But yeah, I'm just having the time I life.
Speaker 7: Do you think that's an advantage that the Hawks have at the moment because the team's young. Just as you said that, I flashed back to nineteen, and you're right, you don't ever thinking.
Speaker 8: You got nothing to lose.
Speaker 6: You sort of answered your own question in that what is hockball? That's pretty much what hockball is, right.
Speaker 18: Oh, you're asking the wrong person. I'm asking that question myself. I can get Askiny and whato.
Speaker 6: But Ginnevan's one of the architects of hockball, is he?
Speaker 17: I'd say he's the leader of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oldies like Jason and I. I was real.
Speaker 5: They're saying the Hawks are playing hockball, the Hollywood Hawks. The Hollywood Hawk's playing hockball, which I'm not quite I think it's young football, young people sport, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, I reckon.
Speaker 18: It's just a collective of how we've borne about it this year as a whole. Really, I mean, see all the all the weird little celebrations everything, but while still playing good footy at the same time.
Speaker 8: My guinea smashing a beer after he kicked a goal.
Speaker 17: That was unreal, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Where were you twenty four hours before the game? He was at the proph What do you do?
Speaker 8: The night before?
Speaker 18: I was actually out for dinner too. I was at a local place called True South for a mate's birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, crackling sorry, suckling pig. Yeah yeah, trying to get me. Yeah, yeah, that's right. The cracker. Hey, Kelsha.
Speaker 6: What I love about your story is your emergency. This year round eight you made your debut. You've been kicking snags, clunking marks, You've been in great form. But it was in your deboo match that I loved what you when you spoke about your old man. You said, your dad's always on your mind. In moments like that, you feel his presence. It was extra motivation to do him proud, It felt you forick Paul dear premiership player in ninety one. He's no longer with us, unfortunately, But do you think of your old man? Are you thinking about him now?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, definitely all the time.
Speaker 18: I mean like literally walking in for a set shot, I'm thinking about him, and I think, yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 18: One of the biggest things that helped me is that that period of my life was so tough that whenever I make a mistake on the field or something as small as that, I can just think back to that.
Speaker 17: And so I got through that. So there's no reason why I can't.
Speaker 3: Move past this.
Speaker 17: Were you when you lost him, oh sixteen, so a bit young, but.
Speaker 3: He'd be he'd be so proud of you, mate. What do you think he would be thinking.
Speaker 18: I reckon, he'd be thinking that we're not finished yet and that I don't think he would have been happy with four behinds on the week, That's what I'm sure. I'm sure it'd be very happy and very surprised at everything that's happened.
Speaker 17: But yeah, I wish he was here for it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he'll be watching, I hope.
Speaker 8: So what is the vibe like around the club right now?
Speaker 5: Such a young team going into such a huge final series, and like I said before, you guys are flying.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, definitely, I mean saying that hasn't hasn't really changed all year the vibe. I mean, we since the start of season, even after on five start, we always knew like what what could happen and how good we had the potential to be, and it was just about getting all that together. And as I told you I was before, we have forty eight hours after the game to forget what the result was. So whether we win or we lose, we can move on and just focus on the next week.
Speaker 5: The Prime Minister down in the rooms, did he give you some words? Does he actually know anything about football?
Speaker 3: Do you know who the Prime Minister is?
Speaker 17: Briefly looked familiar, so I thought i'd say all over.
Speaker 3: Did he say anything?
Speaker 18: Did he give you a yeah? Yeah, said I said, I played well. We didn't get into politics or anything.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 17: I don't reckon it started up for my side of politics.
Speaker 3: Just kidding at that. Yeah, he gave me a bit of a pump up.
Speaker 8: It was good, you take that from me.
Speaker 17: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I love it when like politicians and celebrities this time, if you get these scars on and go to the foot, maybe the whole time.
Speaker 8: How many times has he appeared in the rooms?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 17: No, I reckon I saw him in the rooms? Yeah, yeah, after a tazzy game.
Speaker 3: Anyone who was propped into the rooms afterwards that would know? Any other big name?
Speaker 6: What about a certain gold medalist?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, yeah, Tis that was.
Speaker 8: A pump up before the game.
Speaker 18: Did She came into the club a few weeks ago and just spoke to us as a group and just spoke about her mentality in swimming and how we can transform that to football, which I think we're trying to do and we have sort of done.
Speaker 17: So she's been great.
Speaker 8: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: Concerns me at nineteen, imagine what they're going to be like on Mad Monday compared to the oldest. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like Geelong went to the retirement homer party.
Speaker 6: Well hopefully it's an We see him the Monday after the Grand Final in our studio.
Speaker 3: If you make the Grand Final, would you come and visit us again?
Speaker 8: Careful if we win it up as a dinosaur or something. We don't.
Speaker 6: We had made some cocks in here last year and he was just a mess.
Speaker 3: He was on the floor and we had to give him a beer at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: I can't be talking about You can't be talking about that yet because you have you have a couple of huge.
Speaker 6: Still to come Adelaide Friday night, right, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you beat the Giants? The power? The power? How well? I confuse me a bit there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I can'll be a cracker game.
Speaker 18: I mean, say they didn't go how they would have liked last week, but they still finished second on the ladder and they're they're a great side and in front of their home crowd.
Speaker 17: I can will be a great game.
Speaker 5: Just fly in and fly out for a game like that, before the game and then after the game, or do you stay overnight?
Speaker 18: No, we'll stay, will stay Thursday night, and then because it's such a late game, yeah Friday, instead of getting back at four in the morning, we'll just stay and fly home Saturday.
Speaker 7: Hey, I wish you had our executive producer Brody because he's professional to say the least.
Speaker 3: You want to share the best for the game. Be wary our fans spit.
Speaker 8: That he's a port fan and he always is adelaide. Do you ever notice that does he spit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gonna spit on him on his way out.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, we'll keep him clear.
Speaker 3: Good last, good luck.
Speaker 8: It's so seeing such a young, young, young team.
Speaker 7: So hell, make good on you. Dad would be watching him, be extremely proud of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, appreciate this week.
Speaker 9: Good last.
Speaker 3: Damn guys, we look good for a hundred, don't we? Just what are you gonna do? I'm thinking about the full facelift in about ten years, just like you're ready?
Speaker 8: You ready, and I don't mind to get a face leap? What makes you feel good about yourself?
Speaker 3: Are we still taking the shadowed turkey to do the plugs?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I need something too, hair turkey.
Speaker 8: They call it not hair turkey, Yes, hair turkey.
Speaker 3: Can we you can get the teeth done?
Speaker 6: On the same trip. So you get the teeth done and the hair done?
Speaker 3: What would and you're what your.
Speaker 8: Teeth in your Hey? What else can you get done there? Tummy tuck, teeth, tommy and extension?
Speaker 3: What do you? What are you? What are you going for?
Speaker 8: You take your tummy and your hair?
Speaker 3: What are you? Where are you going for?
Speaker 8: I don't know what else can you get done there? I've never been to Turkey?
Speaker 3: Should we do a wheel of like surgery?
Speaker 7: And then you spin it and you're like, oh, you're getting plugs and I'm getting Okay, we're taking the Shadow Turkey to celebrate one hundred shows.
Speaker 8: We are giving We're not going to Turkey.
Speaker 1: Just like that.
Speaker 3: No, not now, but can we do it?
Speaker 5: Said?
Speaker 8: We're going to Turkey show.
Speaker 7: To celebrate one hundred shows. We are giving you the chance to win a hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: It's pretty fun.
Speaker 3: That's right, pretty easy.
Speaker 7: When I clear the phone lines, all you have to do is ring at thirteen twenty four ten caller one hundred. We'll be invited into the studio tomorrow morning to sit in front of a giant red button. There is a Golden minute in between seven am and nine am.
Speaker 3: If they hit the.
Speaker 7: Button during the golden minute, they win one hundred thousand dollars. And if you want that to be you, then clear the phones.
Speaker 3: Call right now. Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 7: We are looking for caller one hundreds here at Nova, thinking next year around Easter, we load the planer, we go over. I'm making Beanie, I like a big reveal in June.
Speaker 5: Good o' clock is ticking, Jason Lauren, it's one hundred thousand dollars dollar.
Speaker 7: Well, if you're just joining us, we have clopped up one hundred shows here at Nova. We've also locked in our first international trip next year, taking the show to Turkey. To or get some hair plugs.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 8: I don't need hair plugs. Someone.
Speaker 5: I'm worried about what enhancements II after B'll book something. I've got great teeth, so I don't need teeth.
Speaker 3: Teeth. I'm going to get the married at first Sight job. Get those plugs.
Speaker 8: You're going to come back looking like a mass contestant.
Speaker 3: Tony made of mine did the Turkey thing? Oh went over there, got the hair plugs. Apparently it's a flight of shame home.
Speaker 12: No, it's it's not.
Speaker 8: There's no shame in it because everyone's doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only thing is they picked him up from the hotel in like a mini bus and he goes. You get on. It's just you and eight other ball blokes heading heading to the facility.
Speaker 8: Don't you do a private transfer?
Speaker 7: But then when you come back to the hotel, they post someone in your room just to watch it. Yeah, because you're on that many pain Kelly, Well you're going to you're awake when they do it.
Speaker 6: They come home so quickly. Couldn't you book yourself into a five star hotel?
Speaker 3: Takes months though, Like you've got to let it grow out, then let it heal, sir. But imagine at the end we'll get to your photo.
Speaker 7: Because Clint and I are going to have afros next September, will be new men and you'll have you know your set of okay, right, So here's the go. We are looking for call one hundred right now and we will bring you.
Speaker 3: Into the studio. What are you grabbing your chest? Call? Don't you?
Speaker 8: I don't need enhancement.
Speaker 7: We will bring you into the studio to play for one hundred thousand dollars. Clint, your favorite bit. We're looking for caller number one hundred. You want to break some.
Speaker 3: Hearts, so cool of ninety eight?
Speaker 8: Why do we keep cool?
Speaker 3: And ninety eight?
Speaker 6: I mean you'd be desperately unlucky to get this close so many and unfortunately that's you taking.
Speaker 3: Oh done it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so sorry, hang on start.
Speaker 3: I've just been told taken to.
Speaker 8: Cop, so we over today.
Speaker 13: It's the closest I've ever been to winning anything, So I'll take it.
Speaker 8: Oh taking I once want to fine from you, so.
Speaker 3: Call it even Sorry, good day, though this.
Speaker 7: Will sting a bit Rhiannon in Eltham. You are caller ninety nine, so close.
Speaker 5: That's okay. Sorry, you don't want anything, lehann oh I.
Speaker 14: Have you so I'm happy for somebody else.
Speaker 3: That's the attitude.
Speaker 8: That's human I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Y Are we ready to go?
Speaker 8: Don't do? Don't do what they've got on the screen to do.
Speaker 3: Next, we've got to take caller one hundred, Joe from Saint Kilda. Oh my god, your one hundred ingrads.
Speaker 5: I thought they were going to tell you you a call a one hundred and one and I was going to flip the desk, Joe, and you'll call one hundred.
Speaker 8: You're coming in my heart, going going.
Speaker 14: I've never won anything.
Speaker 3: Oh tell us about yourself?
Speaker 8: The first time my.
Speaker 14: Friend got through these guys, you guys rock.
Speaker 3: Oh how good. I'm just getting some men.
Speaker 7: Far about you here, three kids, two grandkids, loves, yeah, I love, I.
Speaker 14: Love to meet. I met baby stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh big of people.
Speaker 14: We're community, a community agency here and stay Kilda supporting a vomnerable.
Speaker 3: Angel.
Speaker 5: So, Joe, you're coming in tomorrow now, I'm going to give you a chance to win one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: You're going to be bringing you knitting in just to be through the time. You can bring it in.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, don't be playing the guilt card tomorrow. Okay, enough of this. Like I'm a community superhero.
Speaker 8: You deserve the money.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 7: We will see you in the Nova Studios tomorrow morning, where you will play for one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Do what would you do with the money, Joe? Would you spread the love?
Speaker 3: Go on a bender?
Speaker 14: I actually spread the love I've got. You know, I've got family that I would love to be able to share something with. I'd love to take a trip. Yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 8: Forget the family and gone on an extended holiday.
Speaker 3: She'd say, she's going to go to the dolphin Treasure.
Speaker 8: What enhancements are you getting into?
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone, just gone nine to nine? That makes sense. That's sort of what Petrakas should have done. Hey, what get get his ducks in her row?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: I think you talk about the cat dog again?
Speaker 3: The cat when the dog dog?
Speaker 5: Who might go to the cats and singing all morning cat dog cat do the cartoon it's on our socials. There's a great video if you want to see the latest episode of Cat Dogs.
Speaker 8: Bailey Smith.
Speaker 3: I was more of a Jetson's guy.
Speaker 5: George Jetson, his boy O Roy, daughter, Julie, Jean, his wife.
Speaker 8: I loved wife. What was the dog called?
Speaker 2: Jeane?
Speaker 3: His wife? Let us?
Speaker 8: What's the dog as?
Speaker 3: Did you ever get into ducktails? Who?
Speaker 8: I was thinking? Chip and Dale the Rangers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a strip show as well as.
Speaker 8: Gummy Bears? Was my facet?
Speaker 3: Be careful looking that up.
Speaker 5: The Gummy Bears weren't strippers, but they were bouncing here and there and everywhere. Their adventures were beyond compare.
Speaker 6: Because miss you retained some stuff from school.
Speaker 5: Why that's why I don't watch movies because my brain is full of cartoons.
Speaker 3: I loved the Smurfs.
Speaker 8: I didn't really.
Speaker 5: I thought they were like a poor man's seven Dwarves.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't you think you know what? You remind me of game? They were a bit pop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Smurfs weren't for me. And then people would try and dress up with them and paint themselves blue and I was like, that's dumb.
Speaker 3: You can do that. Oh yes, sorry, video guy Nandos.
Speaker 2: Question for you guys, how tall is a Smurf? Come on, apples tall?
Speaker 8: Put your hand up if you get it.
Speaker 3: You know the sad thing he used to do? Stand up. It's not a joke, it's a fact.
Speaker 12: Is it a joke?
Speaker 3: What's just that?
Speaker 2: Let's smurf is three apples?
Speaker 5: This big?
Speaker 8: It's only this big six inches.
Speaker 2: Three apples tall, not six inches three apples.
Speaker 8: I preferred to miniature. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: We just sit on the flintstones.
Speaker 5: I like the flintstones I named I had two Bundery guards and they were called Fred and Barney.
Speaker 8: Love that for you, the Budgies.
Speaker 7: This is no been a big day today. The AFL Grand Final Parade has been announced. You can go online to check out the route. But we're going back to the traditional parade.
Speaker 3: No boats.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on the roads. Mars ends up at the Yarrah Park.
Speaker 3: The AFL said, get rid of the boats for the parade. Yeah to the boats. I want to be careful that quote you taken out of context, Yes, very much, sir. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, guys, I had a bit of a scary situation with my dad, Bobby. We love Bobby, love Bobby, love Dad.
Speaker 3: How's he going? Well?
Speaker 8: I was a bit worried yesterday. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: Worried on Sunday and I didn't get a birthday text from Bobby. He forgot about it because Bobby reaches out on Christmas.
Speaker 3: To me, like your dad.
Speaker 8: He thinks you're a son of his. Hey son, Well like that with my friends.
Speaker 3: Right now, I just refer to your dad as my dad. I hope that's okay.
Speaker 8: Fine, Well, you can share him after what he did yesterday?
Speaker 5: No text, So well, just wait, he said to me, he's just discovered that we have a podcast and he can listen to the show outside of six till nine, so he sleeps in now and listens to it later.
Speaker 8: So you're probably going to message it at eleven because he.
Speaker 3: Would get up and listen to this show live every day.
Speaker 6: He'll put it in his filo facts for next year.
Speaker 5: He will in the file of facts for sure if he's still around next year. Because I got some concerns yesterday when I called him and he answered the phone like this ah, and I went, Dad, Dad, are you okay?
Speaker 8: He's in half a full age and I said, Daddy, okay, goes and I was like, Dad, what's happened? Okay? And I like pulled over my car and I go I hear this kind of giggling in the background. I'm like, Dad, what's happened.
Speaker 18: He goes.
Speaker 8: On, don't do that?
Speaker 6: But was he.
Speaker 9: You know where he was?
Speaker 3: Don't tell me? Was it the dentist he's at in the chair? That's what old people do, old people, I guess.
Speaker 8: I go, what you're there with Arthur?
Speaker 5: Arthur is his dentist, who is the father of one of my brother's mates, who I haven't seen since primary school. And he goes, it's me on the phone to Arthur. Arthur wants to say hello, and Arthur goes, hello, Lauren, it's Arthur. I'm like, yet, I Arthur is everything okay? Like why and he goes, oh, yeah, your dad's just here at the dentist. I'm like, why am I talking to you now, Arthur?
Speaker 8: And I'm like, I don't know if this is more awkward for me or Arthur.
Speaker 3: That's what opens.
Speaker 5: And I'm making this small talk with dad's dentist, my brother's mate eights Dad I haven't seen in twenty years ready for this one. And I'm like, Arthur, do you want to get back to maybe pulling out the rest of his teeth and stitching his mouth shut?
Speaker 7: My wife, ma, wif my wife, my wife's mum. Wendy my mother, and the Wendy rings me the other week?
Speaker 8: Did she put you on the phone to someone?
Speaker 7: She goes, Hi, Jason, I'm here at the hair dresses and I'm like, hey, whins and she goes, you know how you and Lou bought a house at Burley on the Gold Coast And I go yeah, and she goes, Tina next to me, he's got a house in Burley as well.
Speaker 3: This is Tina.
Speaker 6: In the house in the same suburbs, same suburbs. Hi, so was teens giving her the blozzer the blow wave?
Speaker 8: No teens was getting a blows next door. She's getting blowave next door.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask, well, what.
Speaker 8: Did you talk to Tina about?
Speaker 7: I just meant lovely suburb, isn't it. She goes, yes, well, look I better go. My child's sick.
Speaker 8: It's an old person thing. Oh they passed you around. I'm like, my dad goes, oh, love, I met a function. He's uncle.
Speaker 3: I know it's a Jeff and.
Speaker 8: I'm happened they passed around.
Speaker 3: It happened to here this morning.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 3: Your mom was on the ball?
Speaker 5: Oh, Dan, my friend Julie's son's in it Nova who Dan's lovely by the way, So when I got a photo, She's like, now Dan's getting married. Make sure I've never met Dan. Make sure you congratulate Dan on the wedding. I'm like, okay, mom, nor lovely, lovely guy.
Speaker 3: What about when they just pop up on FaceTime?
Speaker 8: My dad FaceTime made be an accident and I wouldn't want to know where he was. I'm not answering a face.
Speaker 3: But the guest.
Speaker 6: The guest pops up on FaceTime.
Speaker 5: That's sometimes like when I was in BG, I'm lying in bed because I was away last week for work, and I'm lying in bed and I thought old FaceTime Paul and say good night. So it's like nine point thirty there at seven o'clock here, like if you're out for dinner, don't answer.
Speaker 8: He's not like good, I love. And then he's passing the.
Speaker 5: Phone around and there's he's at Campbell Brown's birthday and there's Campbell on this and I'm like, on it bed, I don't need to be a waste.
Speaker 3: Also, you can't.
Speaker 6: They're all yelling at the phone, how's your dad's chumpers?
Speaker 8: Well, he said he'd call me back after the dentist and he didn't, so I don't know when was that yesterday?
Speaker 3: He seemed concerned.
Speaker 8: Did we do a welfare check after this?
Speaker 3: It'd be wonderful.
Speaker 7: Hey, just before we get out of here, I just want to do a quick welfare check on your dad, my dad.
Speaker 8: Because when I called him yesterday he answered the phone like this, oh oh, And I was like, Dad, what's happened? What's happened?
Speaker 6: He wasn't having a sash, No, we thought he was. He was dad getting his chompers done, and oh.
Speaker 8: He just hung up on us?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 3: I just d him? On the phone. I'll call him back.
Speaker 8: I don't think he knew he was calling.
Speaker 3: He didn't ring me for my birthday Sunday, which is very unlike your very unlike your dad.
Speaker 8: You're live on the radios.
Speaker 3: I swear.
Speaker 16: Hello, all good, all good.
Speaker 5: Now, Dad, we were doing a welfare check because when I called you yesterday, you answered the phone like this, ha ha, where were you?
Speaker 16: I was in artists.
Speaker 3: You're in seat.
Speaker 16: And that's another story.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 16: I was good after as a friend. He's a dentist and he was extracting a couple of teeth, which is always good fun, which we enjoy.
Speaker 5: So you answered the call when I called you on your Apple watch while you're the dancers.
Speaker 3: Watch you missed that bit. Just watch Tracy.
Speaker 16: No, I just got look, I couldn't I couldn't speak. So I had my watch and I saw it was Lauren. I always wanted to take a call from her because if you don't, she didn't call you back.
Speaker 3: There rare you. She accidentally called your bobby.
Speaker 16: Probably anyway, it was all good, and I had a chick, you know, for a long time. I was really busy when you just rang then I was just googling to see when I'm allowed to have a beer after an extraction.
Speaker 5: So you've had your text taken out now Dad. Jason also has.
Speaker 8: A bone to pick with you because you missed a very important date on the calendar.
Speaker 16: Didn't I text you as he was his birthday Friday?
Speaker 3: And got reply that's all right, hang on, hang on, la So you text Lauren to ask if it was my birthday and I looked. I look.
Speaker 16: I looked up on Facebook to see if it tried to find you on Facebook to see what your day of birth was, so I wouldn't forget to Ja.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. Bobby's the ruling.
Speaker 5: The last text Dad sent me was when we're going to the snow and he said have a great road trip to no snowtown because there was no snow. And he's posing for a photo in his Jason Lauren Nova Hide and Seek truck suit.
Speaker 16: I haven't taken it off for three weeks.
Speaker 3: Bobby. Would you like to wish the big fellow happy birthday fifty? Dad? I did shut up?
Speaker 8: He turned fifty.
Speaker 3: Turn fifty, Bobby, Bobby, Oh no, we lost him.
Speaker 8: He must have that beer that he's been warning.
Speaker 16: Did you hit the or something similar.
Speaker 3: I I'm not fifty. I'm not fifty.
Speaker 7: But seen his card Now I do not have a scene. Hey Bobby, thank you mate. I hope the tooth heels. When when can you have a beer? What did Google say?
Speaker 16: It's twenty four hours, so I've just got to wait another I think what's on about five past eleven.
Speaker 3: I'll be right.
Speaker 12: I love you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Late start Bobby, where you get it from?
Speaker 8: He answered that call on his upper watch again. It's his new favorite accessory, the Apple Watch.
Speaker 7: Everything's my mate, cam answer his Apple Watch the other day He's like, I'm gardening, you're on the watch up going back.
Speaker 8: When in the garden, that's fine. If you're at the dentist or a public place, not not really acceptable.
Speaker 3: And you need to let someone know. It's like speaker phone.
Speaker 8: Yeah you got to tell him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can be down at Bloody Franklin's on your Apple Watch.
Speaker 6: People who answer their watches as they're running, that's not on.
Speaker 3: Well, that's when they're exercise.
Speaker 8: I couldn't talk on the phone.
Speaker 3: I'm just pumping out.
Speaker 12: Can I call you back?
Speaker 3: Don't you back?
Speaker 8: But that's real fit.
Speaker 3: None of us do that, not at all.
Speaker 8: I can't even run. All talk on the phone perfectly.
Speaker 3: I don't run to the phone. Hey, that's it. We are out of here. Aaron Rich is in next to have a.
Speaker 5: Joy the sunshine Melbourne, laurious degrees today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sparkle, Jason Sparkler will sin tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Bye, Thank you, Lauren, Lauren wake.
Speaker 3: Up feeling Good.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: One hundred Lauren on socials,