Speaker 1: We got getting every morning, every day day.
Speaker 2: It's that time of the year. Jode's my Spotify rap.
Speaker 3: Here's all the details. These are the songs that best express me. Check out my social media?
Speaker 2: Is that what it's like on social media?
Speaker 4: These exactly how people sound on social media.
Speaker 2: That sort of views like they sound like sometimes if they were talking.
Speaker 5: Yes, Spotify rap was all over everyone's feed yesterday. So basically, essentially, I'm gonna have to mansplain this to you because because you are the only member of not just this team, but only person on the planet who has just persisted with Apple Music.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. Firstly, thank you for the random applause. I appreciate that. Yeah, I'm still oh my.
Speaker 4: God, why don't you have a Spotify?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: My wife keeps on saying to me, as well, just get on board with Spotify, and I know it's better because what I know about it is it's very good at working out what you like and providing songs that are similar to that what I found with Apple Music.
Speaker 4: It's called an algorithm.
Speaker 3: Sweet, what about Apple's algorithm? They sweety the hell out of me. Whatever you listened to, I would listened to Blink one I too. I was listening to Xavier right, and they're like, here's a song that she would like, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 3: And then when you ask Apple, you're like, why do you think I like Taylor Swift? And like, because you're a warm blooded human, sweety, and everyone loves Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Now listen to it and consume it and.
Speaker 4: Buy it and love it.
Speaker 5: So hang on, wait, so I don't even know how Apple Music works. Do you are you purchasing the music?
Speaker 6: It's insane?
Speaker 3: No, you play a monthly fee, right, yeah? Yeah, so it's like Spotify.
Speaker 6: It is like Spotify, but more expensive.
Speaker 5: I thought it's like, can you remember the old system where if you like the song, you have to pay like Jola's nineteen.
Speaker 4: I thought you were still doing.
Speaker 2: I was probably the last to get off that as well. This idiot brought that song again again.
Speaker 7: He's already got it.
Speaker 6: You can always go back to our songs of Innocence, the You two album.
Speaker 8: Yes, everyone, this wasn't.
Speaker 2: That beautifully forced on us?
Speaker 5: Didn't that infuriate everyone across the planets?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: YouTube basically went hey, here's some new music. Now.
Speaker 5: Everyone listened to it and love it and everyone's like, we don't love it.
Speaker 3: No one loved it, not even YouTube. By the end of they're like, oh, I was like, get out of my face.
Speaker 2: It's your own music. By all right? Your song? Would you say your top song?
Speaker 6: Well, you song for your five top songs and your five top artists for the year, and a bunch of other starts.
Speaker 5: Mine, my top artist has been infiltrated by my children because it's Tailor, Swift, Juwa Leaper, Eminem, Rihanna, Sabrina Carpenter. That is all the stuff that they love and that this was my top song, Eminem.
Speaker 7: Please stand up, Please stand.
Speaker 2: Up, it's fat?
Speaker 3: When had that attitude and a bit more Naisily Boy before he matured.
Speaker 2: Into the darker performer that is towards.
Speaker 5: In Yeah, I'm surprised that my sleep music didn't make the top because I listened to it every night.
Speaker 6: My entire top five songs was just the first five songs I listened to every night to fall asleep, which is really a gream. Actually that's a lie. My number one song was a song that I have loved this year, and she was my top artist. It was Billy.
Speaker 3: Eilish Helps Me find Myself.
Speaker 2: And I'm going through some stuff.
Speaker 6: Guys, I told you that I cried a bill, didn't we exploid it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that you've been so sad.
Speaker 6: I went through a breakup this year. I'm allowed to cry to Billy this year.
Speaker 2: Produce a flag wood you got Sorry.
Speaker 9: I can't help but laugh at that, because that's all we ever hear about.
Speaker 10: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I Love You my my number one song on Spotify. I play it on repeat when I'm at the gym. I don't know why.
Speaker 8: Just pumps me up.
Speaker 2: Walk your Hayes.
Speaker 1: Not a first round the song.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a piss take. This can't be well, and here we are.
Speaker 4: To sing alongside feel friend.
Speaker 3: Now I'm embarrassed to see so imagine Flak singing along with this whilst at the drink, Jimmy squatting to this. It's unfortunately I don't have a top song. I can't provide you, although I do have a top three that Apple Music says.
Speaker 2: I listened to a lot. First of all, you've got this.
Speaker 9: They're eating the dogs, eat the cats, eat the cats.
Speaker 2: Of course, apparently this we're not having Spotify.
Speaker 3: Your father he's on the money six nothing not the naughty six forty time for us, yet a little bit blue, maybe a little bit risky, probably straight up up seven o'clock and then deliver a wholesome program.
Speaker 5: I just feel like I need to step in and stop you from choosing these stories, because there's a real solid penny.
Speaker 3: Then do you know what I wish? I chose the stories. The stories choose me. Okay, these stories need a voice, and unfortunately I've been choking. All right, all right, this one involving the great Cristiano Ronaldo. One of his former teammates, his name is Raphel vander Vaart, has come out and spoken about showering with the great man So. The pair were teammates at Real Madrid for a short time, and the former Dutch international has since opened up what it was like sharing the dressing room. He claimed that the former Manchester night side was so committed to training that he never actually saw him get changed ahead of a session. He said he never left his house. I always say as a joke, Ronaldo is the only player that I never saw his penis. He was the first one on the training pitch and the last one who went. So he went on to give him heaps of compliments and then he said Ronaldo was unbelievably selfish. If we won six zero and he did not score, he was not happy. When we lose, but he scored twice, he'd be all right. So all this thing was floating around social media and one of the articles Ronaldo commented I think it was via Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all he.
Speaker 3: Wrote was who is this guy.
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Anyway, we're getting sidetracked that onto Ronaldo's penis. Yes, it's an interesting dynamic. Yeah, sharing a dressing room with a lot of other men.
Speaker 5: I've spent I don't know how to say this without sounding off, but I've spent a little bit of time in AFL change rooms just doing my job. So okay, I've seen some stuff. What have you seen, by the way, I swear to god.
Speaker 2: You seen naked blokes?
Speaker 5: Yes, working, I swear to god. They would do it on purpose if I was or no, no no no no no no no no. I don't do boundary stuff anymore, but back in the day they would definitely.
Speaker 4: There are a couple that would do it on purple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably lift the lid on who they are doing the song.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was always a suspicious thing because some people, by the time that I was finished playing football, some guys were coming through with the whole Jopson thing, a generational shift. So when I first started, everyone would shower together and obviously it's coming of a shower and by the end of it coming through we wear jocks. Yeah right, And it was kind of like it was definitely a talking point.
Speaker 4: Did you have a spa bath out there at the pond?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: And so were you naked in the spa bar.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to explain this for our people, and like, what the hell was going on out of the pond rosa, But this was happening everywhere. We crammed into the spa ba. It's like, yeah, absolutely, and it was there was so much skin on skin contact, and we'd have a couple of beers and celebrate what was a really uniting triumph.
Speaker 5: Wait, thank on, you're all crammed into a bather naked together, drinking beers, celebrating a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's wrong with that? Whoa, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 11: Looking at me like that?
Speaker 4: Did anyone get pregnant?
Speaker 2: All right, je, it's it's that time of the morning. It's that time of the week.
Speaker 5: Well, we just sort of reflect and sit down and think about everything that we've done during the week. Was it good, was it bad? Was it indifferent? Who's to say. We're about to find.
Speaker 2: Out, Jos, I should be probably nervous.
Speaker 5: Diary, Dear Diary, you know it's Christmas when we wheel out.
Speaker 4: Mariah, this is happening.
Speaker 5: I love all things Mariah, just not when producer Flak busts me singing her coming into the work car park.
Speaker 1: I was so afraid of this.
Speaker 8: Oh no, it's ten to five, pulling into the car pike. It's blaring from her car, cats down the street.
Speaker 2: We're going off.
Speaker 5: Of you.
Speaker 1: Definitely long, Jeffrey Long, Oh.
Speaker 7: Chalon is your always be my baby?
Speaker 2: And will Linger, you know, sometimes are actually quite similar. We're trapped in different times.
Speaker 3: Your wife would constantly say to me that I'm stuck in twenty ten.
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh yeah, different times.
Speaker 2: And we go to a happy place.
Speaker 9: So hazy, your your happy place is twenty ten.
Speaker 2: I looked at when that.
Speaker 8: Of course, Jodey's Heavy Places.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety five, Red Rooster launched a drumstick scented candle that smells just like chicken salt, and it launched a chip chat. Can I say between I reckon, Red Rooster and KFC, they've got the best chips.
Speaker 7: On the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got the chunky ones, don't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's probably no, but it's the chicken salt.
Speaker 3: Chicken salt right, Okay, so it's probably a battle between maybe Red Rooster and cash Ship.
Speaker 2: I said, do they go for the chunky ones?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm your little parrot.
Speaker 5: Hair chat proved that every time someone is nice to me in this room, I brace for a follow up insult. Said to you yesterday, just a heads up, I'm getting my hair done, so be prepared to say something nice when I walk in and you went so over the top.
Speaker 4: When I walked in this morning.
Speaker 2: And you walked in this morning, here's my mind. It does it looks it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Thanks, guys. Jealousy is a bit of a curse.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, Can I just say, based on what we've seen you and what we've noticed, I'd be paying what two and a half grand for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How much did you pay for it?
Speaker 4: Both of you would just be happy to pay my hair.
Speaker 5: At this point, Andrew making friends with Uber drivers everywhere do you know what I.
Speaker 3: Probably speak a little bit too much. Do you remember we will go into an advance. I was by myself and I told you I spoke to the Uba driver and he had it on over and I said, what's your favorite radio station? He said, oh, it's no Body, and then he said I listened to the breakfast show.
Speaker 2: I quite like it. He goes, oh, it's it's Jodyoti and has some bloke.
Speaker 5: How's your uber rating, stew STU, could you give us a call on Monday, please, because I want to know what you're uber rating is.
Speaker 4: After a couple of days at the cricket.
Speaker 12: You know what it'll day at four point eight nine because they'll be too drunk.
Speaker 5: Let's all take a moment to wish cricket hating producers were all the very best this weekend.
Speaker 13: All right, let's see how good you are with cricket terms that will be used across the.
Speaker 2: Next five days.
Speaker 8: I'm going to start with an easy.
Speaker 5: One bail stop playing well to stop playing cricket if you're bailing.
Speaker 2: At the end of play.
Speaker 11: At the end of the call, I'll have two pims. Wait has placed first play?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Can we round out the week with an epic Aussie Battle of the banger's songs.
Speaker 2: All right, have you got that? Joe's okay?
Speaker 5: So I cannot see you beating my song this week because it is one of the best songs of all time from the great John Farnham hit us Please, that's.
Speaker 2: My son, That's where I'm at. I know just how good your song is. So I played my song.
Speaker 11: So do all the birds mind your little parrot?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: I stew and old what's his name? That's go off this weekend, Kings and queens, all my love Jody.
Speaker 1: He's the Adelaide Triple Threat Star of stage.
Speaker 2: It just becomes a full on celebration of what humans do best. The best place in the world to do so is the Ani Fringe first flas.
Speaker 1: Screen appearing as Ben Impact to the rafters.
Speaker 2: I spent all.
Speaker 9: Last night thinking of what to say now, how to talk about me, how there's.
Speaker 2: No one else like it?
Speaker 1: And music stuff no good now good now we love When it comes home to Adelaide, please welcome you, Sheridan.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me wearing a full terry toweling outfit. I have to say, and I love it.
Speaker 9: It was invented in Adelaide. I think the Terry towling jumpsuit. It makes sense a true fact. Well, I mean we're just the Don Dunston invented the Safari suit, so I'm assuming along with that was the Terry tailing jumpsuit, the adele Co famous And.
Speaker 5: You love coming home because you're here for quite a few things, aren't you tell us all about it?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean where do we start?
Speaker 9: Obviously, I'm here at this trip for the Fringe launch which is happening today, and I'm coming back to Australia, to Adelaide and to Australia to do two shows at the Fringe and i haven't been here for a couple of Fringes, so I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: So where do you spend Christmas?
Speaker 13: Are you?
Speaker 2: Bucky?
Speaker 9: I'm going to be here this year in Adelaide and coming back for Christmas, and I'm doing the Carrols as well, which I think is happening on the fourteenth at Elder Park, which is going to be amazing.
Speaker 8: Adelaide's are turning eighty for the Carols.
Speaker 2: Something Big, Hugh Sheridan, Yeah, take us through.
Speaker 9: That's my new album, Something Big, and that's the title of the show that I'm doing for the Fringe Festival, and basically Something Big is an album that I recorded with my late father, Dad Dennis Sheridan.
Speaker 2: Dad Dad Sheridan.
Speaker 9: Actually his initials were Dennis Anthony Dominic, so we called him it was Dad.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The male came and said Dad Sheridan. We recorded some songs and I didn't think that I was going to release them, but then later I was listening to them, I was like, this is actually really good.
Speaker 2: You know when you sit on something for a while and it's actually really beautiful.
Speaker 8: And I'm very proud of the album, and I.
Speaker 9: Wish he was alive for the release, but proceeds go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation as well, which is how he died, so it's putting it towards prostate cancer as well.
Speaker 2: Was a really nice way to give back to his legacy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, we are so excited that you're going to be back for Fringe.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a good one. It's going to be a big one.
Speaker 4: Then you're a highlight of the Fringe Festival, there's no question.
Speaker 3: And that's like you mentioned two shows March second and ninth, Arts Theater, Writing here and Out like Fringe ticks dot com dot au for the details and how to get some tickets you perform me. I don't reckonize anyone better. What goes through you when you're on stage. I use so many people like this who say I'm free and all that sorts of things.
Speaker 2: What happens with you.
Speaker 9: I really like doing shows like this because it's more free and I can have a bit more fun. I like to have a bit of a joke with the audience, and I really love to just try and engage with everyone, try and get everyone on the same page. That's my favorite thing is when everyone just feels connected.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I want to feel a connection with you in just a moment. Because we play a game called Songs the song Song Songs. This is where we take no hits and we orchestralize them and you have to guess the name and the artist. Did I say all that right?
Speaker 2: You did that perfect? Wow? Often you don't play the game perfectly. Did you set it up perfectly?
Speaker 3: Are you potentially challenging the Great Hugh Sheridan to a little song to song song song?
Speaker 4: Off?
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 2: So take on Hugh Sheridan, the King. No no, no, no, no, you're setting me up for failure. Can we play next week? Stick around for you? Now I'm going intimidated, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, song so songtong songs still joined by the wonderful and beautiful Adelaide's very own Hugh.
Speaker 2: Sheridan, is you're just coming in. This is Hugh Sheridan.
Speaker 4: Thank you for doing your own. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're such a professional.
Speaker 8: You're listening to five double A.
Speaker 4: All right, should we do this?
Speaker 13: We do so?
Speaker 4: And so you has agreed to play songs or song songs.
Speaker 2: I didn't agree. I've just been strong armed into it and locks the door.
Speaker 3: Yes, so nob here sound throwbacks or chestralized. So the deal is, Hugh, just for you playing for the first time. Obviously you probably play at home one of the moments songs and song song so you never heard of it. Last song has been orchestralized. And then whoever jumps in first, of course you say your name is a Buzzer, Hue or Joy, and we will stop the song.
Speaker 2: And if you get it, you get to a point, the name of anything, the whole point of the game.
Speaker 3: Point okay, right, cool, al right, first song and of course your names are your buzzers.
Speaker 2: Is the Christmas No, no, that's your brothers.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Oh, hang on, Oh he's feeling something. He's feeling something.
Speaker 4: Oh he's dancing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It's only been a thirty left. I'm just really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I know. Is it?
Speaker 4: Is it rehab Amy one House?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 9: It's actually way harder than I thought hard. It sounded like a Christmas. Who made these instrumental was by the way on the internet. Oh okay, I was like question, I've often thought that too.
Speaker 2: Will know you need to win this one.
Speaker 1: You just.
Speaker 2: Tell you what. Here we go song number two, she gets.
Speaker 7: As I know, I don't know whose things I know?
Speaker 1: Is it Little Jody?
Speaker 4: Is it September a bye?
Speaker 2: No bye? Who eight friendom Fire and Fire and the Californa critis problem? Yeah? I think we get a point.
Speaker 8: Taken effort.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. These are all the songs that I know, but I mean so hard.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at a huge spiel for something big and it's got ass. Can look forward to disco sensations like Earth Wind and Price. Twenty first night of September.
Speaker 8: I just did this show called the twenty fifth of September that's how hard it is. I feel like I'm listening to the overture of my show.
Speaker 2: You know, do give you a point. Let's call it one pace. It's a really hard game.
Speaker 4: Let's hug it out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you wouldn't want it to be like life. And I'm definitely not going to have you as phone a friends. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 8: Thank you my pleasure.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to see you four months again. It's going to be a big right battles and what an intense space is?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Is okay?
Speaker 5: Battle of the Bangers. This is where two songs that we have selected each go head to head. We have a theme each and every week.
Speaker 4: Our theme this week was good old fashioned assie pub songs.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, just to get in the spirit for the cricket.
Speaker 4: Aussie Class six.
Speaker 2: What it's all about? I went down this path. Do you come from a landown under?
Speaker 4: It's horrifically predictable wound?
Speaker 8: Whoa, that's that's a bit brutal close out.
Speaker 2: I would say yours is pretty predictable as well.
Speaker 4: Predictable and awesome.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that didn't want to verbalize it now.
Speaker 4: Producers Zoe joins us in the studio. In fact, you didn't leave.
Speaker 6: I'm still here, thank you, guys. It's it's tight. We know there's only this week and next week for a winner, so Hazy really needs to win this week. It was close yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: One of you took the lead this morning quite aggressively. Okay, I'm nervous drumming.
Speaker 2: Please a go.
Speaker 6: It's joy, which I think means you literally cannot win.
Speaker 2: For the year.
Speaker 3: Wait wages the second sure that takes us court at twenty three to nineteen. But I've officially lodged for next week to be worth four.
Speaker 4: And how'd that go for you?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 4: Produce a flat? Can you do that sound effect that we talked about?
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Ready? That's a winning songdaydays. Sometimes Joe's You're only as good as your last game. That's why we'd like to speak to Ryan Fitzy Fitzgerald on a Friday and just to finish the working week, Strop.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what we like to do.
Speaker 5: And we've been talking Hello for a start. Sorry I should let you say.
Speaker 8: Allo morning guys. Thanks Joe. It's Hazy, good to be here.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've been talking about our uber ratings. I am so curious as to what yours might be?
Speaker 13: Well, what do you think I'm going to go check it out now while we're talking, but do you want to give me a bit of an idea of what you think it would be?
Speaker 8: What was yours?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 3: Mine was for point eight three, one was four point eighty five. It's a round about four point eight something. But we've just got some question marks on who's sort of given you a two or three star and what sort of soiling you've been doing.
Speaker 2: If it's start at the top.
Speaker 8: Can I ask you guys?
Speaker 13: Have you have you been here long enough at Nova where you've got the company credit card to use.
Speaker 2: On the Uber? Yes, we do, well, we've got an Uber account. We don't have a credit card.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: See, do you know what I've just realized?
Speaker 13: I reckon I may have burnt a few Uber drivers on the work company card personal, but I didn't realize that that it's all part of one. I thought you got an Uber rating for your business side of things and for your personal side of things, But it's all one, and I've got four point eight zero, which I'm really disappointment.
Speaker 8: I'm really just that's bad, isn't it isn't that bad?
Speaker 2: Have you got really ordinary chat in ubers?
Speaker 8: What's going on? Do you know what I do?
Speaker 13: If an uber's any more than ten minutes, I cancel it straight away. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, I cancel it.
Speaker 8: And I don't.
Speaker 13: I've got a I've got a little bit of an inkling that uber drivers don't like it when you cancel.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't understand this at all because two things here. You are one of the most recognizable faces in this great state, so uber drivers should be frothing over you. But secondly, the drive from the city to port Nor longer. That's a hefty, hefty uber feet Now are you not higher? Ryan fits Jerney.
Speaker 8: I shouldn't tell this story first when I got hope, it's not an uber it's a taxi story.
Speaker 13: But the first week when I got drafted to the Sydney Swans at the age of twenty hazy, it was the first weekend I was in Sydney and the senior players, mickeyil Laughlin and a few of the boys took me out for a drink and at the end of the night I was so I was so infatuated with making an influence and a first impression with these guys, with the senior players that I probably drank it a little bit too much. Anyway, I was outside the Shark Bar in Sydney, and I remember there was a girl that came up to me and said, oh, do you want to do you need a hand getting into the taxi because I was visibly a bit all over the shop, and she said, well, why don't you come back to my house? And I said, great, no worries, So I jumped into the back of the taxi Jody and I fell asleep straight away.
Speaker 8: I basically passed out.
Speaker 13: When I woke, I looked at the taxi ride and it was one hundred and thirty dollars and it was my first weekend in Sydney.
Speaker 8: And I didn't know where I was. Oh no, I had no idea where I was, so I didn't even know how to get home.
Speaker 10: So I got out of the cab and unfortunately, I was like, I don't know where I am and what I'm doing, and I had to keep walking the streets of this area until I came across a train station and realized I was out at Penrith, which is like over an hour out of Sydney.
Speaker 3: It's a trip back, so kind of computers double down? So did she did she just jump in the cabin? Did you take a bet like well, he's a sleep suck up?
Speaker 1: So well, I had to.
Speaker 8: Pay one hundred and thirty dollars for the cab ride.
Speaker 10: She got out and left me, and then I had to find my way to the nearest train station.
Speaker 8: My first weekend in Sydney.
Speaker 4: Wow, now are you going to do a number on yourself this weekend at the cricket? Are you heading in or what's the good?
Speaker 13: I love the Adlaide Test so much and the Friday and the Saturday are the best two days.
Speaker 8: The first two days it is magnificent.
Speaker 13: But I'm a little bit worried about today because there's supposed to be a thunderstorm coming in when the game starts around about two three o'clock. I'm not going to be there, jade'es. Do you know what the best thing I love about the cricket is when you're in the members, you don't don't see one ball of the cricket, You don't see any of it. It's there's moments where you'll catch up with someone that you went to high school. We have a conversation with him and look back and you go, oh, India is in. I didn't even know Betzy.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. We'll catch you next week.
Speaker 3: Thank you, make thanks guys, Jose can't wait. It's all about redemption. Happy Adelaide Over this SA afternoon. You can catch every ball the Adelaide Test Love and free from one thirty today on Channel seven and seven plus. One of the absolute best to do it, not just in this country but across world cricket is the one and only Justin Langer on over nine on nine.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty nice. Morning is you, Jail?
Speaker 12: Oh, I need a coffee this morning. That's the nicest wake up around in my life. Introduction.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to continue on the thing. One of the nicest guys in cricket too. Jl.
Speaker 12: You are Thanks Jose, it's very nice. You're saying. Guess what I cannot believe I'm in Adelaide for the Adelaide Test match. Probably say I'm the happiest bloke in the world at the moment.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you, Justin? But where does a rank? We're seeing a lot of stuff and we love when people pump us up. Maybe from a playing perspective, but also from now and a coaching perspective and a commentary perspective. Where does Adelaide Oval rank for the Test matches?
Speaker 12: I can't say it in Perth obviously because pers my hometown. But Lord and Adelaide Oval and my two favorite places in the world. I literally love being here. I loved how the whole state embraces the Test match. I love the party town out the back of I've never been there, but it looks amazing. It's actually on the plane yesterday coming home from Perth and I saw Sean marsh and I said, what are you doing? He goes, mate, I'm just going out at the back of Adelaide Oval and I'm going to watch the Test from out there for the next five days. And I'm sitting here almost by myself. It's like two old friends giving each other a hug.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 5: Can you remember, JL, when the change rooms for the Australian team used to look over out the back and so at any given time, if you were out of the back having a drink, you could look up and see warning just looking out out the window having a dury is likely and.
Speaker 12: Just having a figure out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just all the players just like you could just tell they'd rather be out the back than playing out in the middle.
Speaker 12: And that was my whole That was my whole point. Joe's I've been looking out out the back for all these years, since I was twenty. I played my first stests when I was twenty two. Yeah, I'm now fifty four, and I was looking at the back all the time. And we used to always stay to each other. One day, boys, one day have a reunion here. We're going to have a union here and some of it, what about some of the scenes out the back And the only taste of what we got was we'd get a little but we'd walk out the back to the bus or the team bus or the teen cars, and you used to see some people that were blind to hunt you and kiss you and get autographs, and man, it was fludy, classic, absolutely classic stuff. Only in Adelaide.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, you, sure Marsh is going to get a hard time. There's blokes out the back who play third grade for Kensington who think they're justin Langer let alone. Sure Marsh a really good cricketer. He's going to get mob He's not going to be able to join anything.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but Noah Marshi won his brother's plan. He's got his mate singer and he'll be as blind as them by three about it. He'll be partying. He'll be partying with all of them. Don't be surprised if the esc photos of Sean dancing with a sombrero on at some point.
Speaker 5: I'm loathed to talk cricket, but did you watch on in horror as everything unfolded over there in Perth? And I think most Aussie fans were in shock, weren't they.
Speaker 12: Ricky and I did Day one and seventeen wickets fell. It was it was extraordinary. We were on top. We bowled out India pretty cheaply, and then we had to fly to Saudi Arabia for the ipl option. Oh and by the time we got there, we're looking and we go, oh my god, what's happened? And then we sort of watched and it was really interesting because about a few days before I was in Calcutta getting ready for the ip O option, and there was so much pessimism about this test series. By the time left Saudi Arabia, oh my god, there's one point five billion Indians. They dancing in the straight like Sean marsh is going to be that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Justin Langer joins us this morning, which is an absolute treat, jail. Just before we let you go this morning. We did a bit of a quiz yesterday for some of those people who are potentially going to head out the back, yes, who have absolutely limited knowledge of cricket. And one of those people is someone who's a member of our team. Her name is Zoe's is a producer and we just want to play a bit of a clip. We threw some cricket terms at her and her response, we just want to get your thoughts on this, and also producer.
Speaker 2: What's a night watchman?
Speaker 6: I thought night watchman with serious people that come on with us, that sun starts going down, they make sure no one invades.
Speaker 4: The And there was one more as well. Know what's a maiden?
Speaker 6: I thought the maidens for the lunch ladies.
Speaker 2: I mean, jail, is this disrespectful cricket.
Speaker 1: With you?
Speaker 12: Come down here? Come down, Adelaide. I was sitting here with my best mate Adelaide. I O, we're having a coffee together. Won't you come and sit down here just for half an hour. I'll give you a bit of education into some of those cricket tests. But I did get a good laugh out about it, laugh out out of it, So I'm Zoe your alleged yeah, and then.
Speaker 5: Further too that we were laughing that a maiden over would be when the lunch lady fell over.
Speaker 4: And someone had to knocking about.
Speaker 7: Jel.
Speaker 5: Such a privileged to talk to you this morning. Enjoy every single second of this test.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a pick.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thanks guys, thanks having me on, and yeah, get into Adelaide test. But it is so cool.