Speaker 1: On scoring wields Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panety Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panny Show. Coming up tonight an Australia Day backflip from a council after a rate payer backlash. Professor Im Plimer will be here to fact check the PM's renewables claims. Josh Hammer will join me with the latest from the US, including some fantastic poll numbers for Donald Trump, and later in the hour, an Emmy Award winning actor and LGBTQ activist tells me how he is now under attack in his own community because he is Jewish and he never neglect left. He's losing it. And tonight it stars Little Doom Goblin, Greha Thumberg. Show me what how listen?
Speaker 4: Show me what democracy listening.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in the panel Senior writer for News Corp Patrick Carlin and The Australians Media writer Ellsworth Gang will start with the more deeming defamation case against Victorian Liberal leader John Pursuto. Liberal MPs, we are told now were inundated with messages from the public and according to Liberal MP David Hodgett, around ninety seven percent of the messages he received were supportive of more deeming and critical of John Pursuto Patrick No surprises there could have told the court that this move by Pursuito has not just been enormously damaging, landing him in this court action, but also the lack of political judgment political now is almost offensive.
Speaker 5: Well, there shouldn't be an issue. I mean, it's essentially a small story that should then put the bed internally at some point, well before now we're having a court case play out, we're having all these coalition politicians sort of coming up and exposing the alleged sort of skulldugery and chicanery of internal politics of this. This should have gone away. I mean, the Allen government is in trouble. It's Victoria's bankrupt at the moment. We've got all these big projects that are putting us under pressure. We've got cost them living. We've got the ideological thing with the Allen government ministers. They should be in trouble. Why is the Liberal Party having to deal with this or why is it chosen to deal with this in such a damaging way.
Speaker 3: Well, can John Pursuito survive this, Sophie, whatever way this court case goes, I just don't know. How you can remain leader.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be hard for him rita whichever way the case ends up. And surely the Liberal Party in Victoria should be focused on fighting the state government, not fighting themselves. As Patrick says, this was a story that could have blown over in forty eight hours if it was handled correctly. It was a story that could have been killed.
Speaker 3: It should have been a win for the Liberals. Here you have a member of the first term MP, a mum of four, who was physically assaulted that day by these crazy left wing activists, and then she was blamed for these neo Nazis who gate crash their protests by Dad Andrews. Dan Andrews went for her very strongly. John Pursuito could have had a win by sticking up for his MP, sticking up for women's rights, saying she shouldn't be blamed for the actions of these disgusting men who gate crash the event. But no, he decided he was going to be tougher on her than Dan Andrews was. And here we have this deformation action and I'm looking at the names of some of these lawyers. This is going to be very expensive.
Speaker 6: Sophie it is going to be very expensive reacha I've heard it could be as much as up to four million dollars. This entire thing, and also just the images that are going through the media like Moi Redeem Deeming arriving at court each day, as you said, a mom of four on her own, and there's John Pursuito arriving every day hand in hand with his wife. This is a shocking look for the Victorian Liberal Party and and all their ins and outs, all their private conversations are now being laid out for the public to see.
Speaker 3: And the former Treasurer made some very interesting comments in quarter. We don't have time to get to those. Let's move on to the Albanezy government so called misinformation disinformation legislation. It's going to be a major issue in the next federal election. Daily telegraphs Tim Blair has had his own take on this issue. Here argued, instead of using these new laws to counter dangerous misinformation and disinformation, the alban Easy government should try a simpler and much less expensive approach. It should sack itself, after all, being among the nation's larger sources of miss and disinfo, Albo and Co shurely must just up and go. Patrick Albert and co. Are guilty of spreading plenty of misinformation. Was only last week that the Prime Minister copped an embarrassing fact check on x. It's not isolated these laws are they had bad news. The legislation in its current form is orwelling in Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. I mean every government, including the Albanesi government, lies to try and win a point of view. We've seen that with energy prices with the Albanesi government. You look in America, Joe Biden, Carnala Harris have all been caught out. And this is politics. It is a lot of it is misinformation. It's about sort of spreading untruths. If you like, who's the arbiter of what is misinformation? Who's going to say this is the.
Speaker 3: Lefty bureaucrats that are points will be the arbiters. And that is scary as you say it is, and it's going to impact everyday people us in the media, academia, people and positions of influence aren't included in this sofa, but the average person is. And of course we're going to have cost of leaving immigration being top line issues at the next federal polar But I think free speech is also going to be on the ballot.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Rechel and Patrick is dead right with that. Who is the arbiter, Who who is the cop who just the social media cop who says this is okay and this is not okay? And that's where I think why some of this might be set out to do the right thing.
Speaker 3: It can be incredibly.
Speaker 6: Dangerous when someone doesn't agree with a view they say, right, that's misinformation or disinformation and just stamp it out.
Speaker 3: And I think that is concerning. Now let's go to South Australia, the city of Umley. Am I pronouncing that right?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 3: Well well done? They have decided to keep Australia Day on Australia Day. How quaint. This is a backflip after there was a backlash from rate payers. A community survey show just over sixty percent of rate payers want to celebrate Australia Day on January twenty sixth, not another data as the council was proposing. The only surprise here, Patrick, is that the council actually listened to the rate payers. This is again quaint.
Speaker 5: That's unheard or isn't it. You hear all these councils talking about this is what our electors want. This is what the council people want. It's not truly you said, look at some of these surveys and say, hang on, that's just not right. That doesn't tell you with everyday opinion. This is great that they had a survey six and ten said this and they said all right, we'll go back to it because six and ten that's what the majority want and from most people Australia is not this divisive thing. It's just, you know, it's a nice day where new citizens get to celebrate that in Australia.
Speaker 3: And the fact that you've still got in this inner city affluent area six in ten saying keep it on January twenty sixth I think is almost a miracle because we've had Sophie just a barrage of bad stories and ill will in the media suggesting this is a harmful day, that this day to be celebrating it is akin to celebrating genocide and white supremacy. We've had that narrative now for so many years.
Speaker 6: That's right, Racha, and look only is in a very lovely, prestigious pocket of Adelaide. So there will be people critical that the rape payers had a majority of view there. But I actually think it's good that for once the Council went Okay, this is what they think, let's go back to the drawing board and let's reinstall what we're originally going to do.
Speaker 3: And I think you're right. Australia Day.
Speaker 6: We hear a lot of noise from minority groups about this, when I think a lot of Australians are just happy to celebrate this great country.
Speaker 3: And most of the minority groups were against Australia Day. Let's be clear. Australian born, affluent, inner city types. They're the ones who are, you know, the till seats, the green seats as well. Now the Browlow Metal was on last night. I didn't watch it because I don't like being bored, but but you two were glued to the television. Carlton's Patrick Cripps won the competitions Best in Ferres with a record breaking forty five votes. Nick Dekos from Collingwood was runner up and he also broke the record. But the night wasn't with our controversy, Patrick, the Brownlow voting system is under scrutiny again given the manner in this the way this record was broken, is it still relevant to the brownlow.
Speaker 5: Oh look, I think it's definitely still relevant, if only for the nice dresses.
Speaker 3: Nice stress.
Speaker 5: But look, you do have two very dominant players in Crips and Decos. You've got to feel very sorry for Nick Dacos. They are the kind of player, the style of player who do attract umpires.
Speaker 3: Vote. It's a midfielders award, isn't it it is?
Speaker 5: I look at poor old Marcus Bontempelli from the Western Bulldogs. He's one of the best players by mile in the competition and he can't get more than twenty votes.
Speaker 3: But he won the afl PA Award. But I think so is so did. Did the right man win? Was Nick Dakos robbed We'll reach it.
Speaker 6: I'm biased here, I'm a Carton girl, and I was.
Speaker 3: Really thrilled Patrick. I loved his speech.
Speaker 6: I love that he grew up on a sheep and wheat farm, and I just think he's a great role model. And let's hope he wins a third one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I should have known not to ask you, because that was always the response I was going to get. Now, Italian Prime Minister Georgia Maloney has had a massive win on the illegal immigration front, She's recorded a sixty four percent drop in unlawful entries despite heavy criticism from the establishment and from the EU. Patrick remember when we were told she was this far right Zalat, a fascist, dangerous, she would plunge Italy into crisis. Turns out she is actually pretty effective and according to polls, the most or one of the most popular leaders in Europe.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. And look, you had British Prime Minister Keith Stamer go go and visit her to find out how do you do this. There's a big immigration problem for Europe and Britain, especially those numbers. You look at those numbers, you're talking tens of thousands, You're talking lots of deaths. In need a solution, You need something that works. And this is actually worked in Italy remarkably well. Look in the stats. What are they doing that the world should be copying it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and so on the media angle. I remember when she did win, the coverage was unhinged, hyperbly on steroids. She was called a fascist. I wasn't kidding there. And has there been any sort of retractions and maybe we got it wrong. I haven't seen that in the Australian media.
Speaker 8: No, not really reached her.
Speaker 6: I can't say we have seen that, but actions speak louder than words, and she seems to be doing good job and point in cases exactly what you've just discussed with those immigration numbers. So I think her critics need to perhaps sit back and see that the work that she is doing is obviously resonating and it is working. And it is Patrick unusual to have an Italian leader stay in power this long. They've got a rather chaotic history of knifing their leaders. But she's there, and she's popular and so far effective. Sophie Patrick, thank you so much for your time this evening. Now, today the Prime Minister was in Western Australia boasting about renewable projects, and you had this question for Opposition leader Peter Dutton.
Speaker 9: Peter Dutton's nuclear plan, which yesterday he gave a speech on and which had no costings, no detail. Peter Dutton will be here in the West, I understand later this week. I wonder if he visits Collie to have a look at the site there at Collie where you have a battery being built that will store enough energy to power eight hundred and sixty thousand homes.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is leading geologist and author Prophessy and Plymer Professor Plymer. How reliable is battery storage battery backup? The PM mentioned there that'll supply eight hundred and sixty thousand homes, but do we know for how long?
Speaker 10: Well, he's criticizing mister Dutton for not costing out nuclear, bearing in mind that there are thirty three countries in the world that have nuclear There are four hundred and forty reactors around the world, and countries smaller than US countries like Croatia have nineteen reactors.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 8: It doesn't start from a good foundation. He tells us that there's these batteries at Collie, a coal mining town, would provide energy for eight hundred and sixty homes. That is quite correct if every home only has a few minutes of energy, So eight hundred and sixty thousand homes for a few minutes, that's a very very big battery. So he's just missing out on the critical detail that these batteries are totally absolutely useless, and some jurisdiction in Australia have got rid of these batteries, like South Australia has had diesel backup for the batteries. Tasmania has diesel backup. So hidden behind all of the bluster is reality, and the reality is that Australia has yet to launch itself into the nineteen fifties and become a nuclear nation.
Speaker 3: Now. The Australian Pipelines and Gas Association and Master Plumbers have joined forces to campaign against the just Into Allen government here in Victoria and their natural gas misinformation. It's a push to ban new gas installations. Your Home, Your Choice campaign is going to be targeting up to fifty thousand voters per week and it aims to educate people in on the truth behind just Into Alan's gas legislation. The Victorian government claims that these proposed changes with gas are for the good of the Victorian people. Spokesperson said, while the gas lobby are focused on lifting their profits, we are focused on your power bill. That's odd because my bills have never been higher and whatever they're doing isn't working well.
Speaker 8: The gas crisis has been a couple of decades in the making, and it's been a couple of decades of bureaucratic and government absolute total mismanagement in Victoria's now coming to a crisis because the gas from Bass Strait is starting to run out, and they have totally ignored the onshore gas. Onshore from Bass Straight, we have exactly the same rocks. They contain oil, they contain gas. It's been known for a very long period of time. So they've ignored great supplies of gas in Victoria. They are trying to evolve by telling you what method you're going to use for cooking. You talk to any chef. They're not going to cook on electricity. They will cook on gas. And what they're trying to do is to blame the companies, blame someone else for the mess that they've created. Now, this mess was not only created by Labor. The Nationals in Dipsland led the move against onshore exploration, followed by the Libs and then the Labor Party really hit it home. But there's plenty of gas in western Victoria in the Outway basin. There's plenty of gas on shore in the gif Plan basin. There are the same rocks that extend across into South Australia and they have gas in them, and that gas is being used. Just because across the political border doesn't mean the geology changes. So what is being fed to the public is absolutely demonstrably untrue. And this has been happening for a long period of time, so I'm not surprised that ultimately the pipeline organizations want to say, well, folks, that isn't this is the reality.
Speaker 3: Well, the Victorian government has backtracked a little bit because they've seen this backlash to gas cook tops, so they've said you can keep your gas cooktop, hospitality can keep it. But these new estates there is no gas connection, so you can't have a gas cooktop without a gas connection before you go in the opposition leader's nuclear plan will involve gas and coal for at least twelve years. The left has seized upon this detail as a weakness. They argue most of these coal fired plans are going to be closed by twenty thirty five. Is this a major flaw in the coalition's nuclear plan, this reliance on gas and coal for at least twelve years.
Speaker 8: Well, this is common sense to have energy security and have energy from hydro, to have energy from gas, to have energy from coal, to have energy from clear and small amounts of energy from wind and solar. So you're not going to put all your eggs into one basket, which the government wants us to do. They want us to have all of our energy coming from sea breezes and sunbeams. Now, we don't get energy twenty four to seven using these methods of generating electricity. You need backup. We've seen before in drought that we had a lack of water for cooling some of the cold fired power stations, so we needed gas. So you need a lot and that gives you energy security. We currently don't have energy security.
Speaker 3: We don't and we're becoming increasingly reliant on China for renewables, for solar panels and windmills. And yeah, it's not just energy security, it's national security that becomes an issue as well, Professie Climer, thank you so much for your time. Evening still to come, and Lefties losing a plass. Josh Hammer joins me with the latest from the US, including some promising news for Donald Trump. Welcome back. Now it's time for lefties losing it. Remember that angry little doom goblin Gritteth Thunberg, Well, she appears to have lost interest in being a full time climate cultist. Now her main objective is to be a cafe wearing anti Israel troll. Let's listen to her chant stupid stuff written on her phone. Me what the people looks like?
Speaker 4: Show me what pot, Show me what democracy looks like. Show me what democracy looks like. Show me what the people looks like.
Speaker 9: Show me what po.
Speaker 3: That's talking about power for a global warming alarmist. There is a lot of fossil fuels in use right there, from the phone to the megaphone to the diesel generator on the back of that ute. Let's see if Greta can weave in some climate alarmism into her chance.
Speaker 11: One good, oh my justice, human rights, one.
Speaker 4: Struggle, one good, climate justice, human.
Speaker 3: Rights, one struggle, one fired, climate justice, human rights genius. That's that intersectional dementedness that the left have embraced. It's all just an anti West, neo Marxist ideology. The issue is never really the issue. And it's been a while since we heard from transactivist still in Mulvania. I wonder what is up to My pronouns are us a?
Speaker 12: Pronouns?
Speaker 8: Are usaid?
Speaker 3: How about it? Okay, let's move on. Time to check in with the leader of the free world. Here is President Joe Biden struggling at the Quad address this week. There were only three other leaders on stage with him, and he still didn't know who to introduce or what was going to happen next. This is this is a little sad.
Speaker 13: So I want to thank you all for being here, and now who am I introduce you next?
Speaker 1: Who's next, distinguished guests, the Prime Minister of the Republic of India.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the woman who replaced him as the Democrat's presidential candidate is seeking another debate with Trump, who she seems to think was once vice president. Well, you have me here and I would like another debate.
Speaker 7: So I loving a former vice PRESI well at that.
Speaker 3: But we have a lot more than the scut No, he was never vice president. That's you try to keep up. Now, must admit I have no idea who this next gal is, but apparently she's a pop star for deaf people. Hailey Williams one applause from Left US for launching into an impassioned, impromptu anti Trump brant during the twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival last week. Have a look at this mad fact Free Die Tribe.
Speaker 11: Project twenty twenty five is Donald Trump's play for the trolling and punishing.
Speaker 3: Women, color people, people of color and the LGBTQ plus community. It's time for all Americans.
Speaker 4: To band together and to finally defeat the Trump agenda.
Speaker 3: And I want to do that.
Speaker 11: Him have the pulse do you want of ships show?
Speaker 3: But it turns out the lies she spewed there about Trump and Project twenty twenty five we're not impromptu at all. She was reading from a script held up by one of her staff. Gosh, you think she could just lie from the hearsh This is disappointing now to a couple of joyful tolerance lefties triggered by the question what is a woman?
Speaker 2: What is a woman?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me what a woman is?
Speaker 2: Because clearly you're really confused, and that's okay, it's okay to be confused. Well, that's yeah, I'm confused. That's why i'm asking. Okay, So if you were to define it, what would it?
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry for the loss of your brain cells.
Speaker 2: You can't even define what a woman is, and you're saying I've lost brain cells when he's asking, idiot.
Speaker 3: And while we are triggering lefties, here is the astute Jason L. Riley dropping some hard facts about the Obama and Trump errors and black prosperity.
Speaker 7: You have to realize how bad things got, particularly for blacks under the Obama presidency. Economically, unemployment, which never reached double digits for whites under Obama, did not fall below double digits for blacks until the third month of Obama's seventh year in office. Under Trump, black unemployment fell to fifty year lows. Black poverty fell to ats lowest level on record. You saw black wages rising at more than fifteen percent among blacks, but only eleven percent among whites. May not seem like a lot, but that's a thirty six percent difference. That is not just a continuation of something that was happening under Obama, as some people like to dismiss it. It was an acceleration for the lowest income earners in this country. They're wages under the first three years of the Trump administration grew at more than double the rate during Obama's second term. This was an acceleration.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have plenty more lefties losing it content with my next guest, including more of the real Kamala, you know, the one who has been the borders are, who's overseen record numbers come in illegally through that southern border and also implemented programs to allow millions more to stay. She now wants you to believe she's tough on borders. She even said she believes in a wall now. But here she is in twenty eighteen leading a chant calling for an end to deportations. Enough of that place, Let's cross to Flora and now to speak to Newsweeks Seniors are at large and Senior Council for the Article three project, Josh Hammer, Josha, Let me guess she's changed her position on that too, though she tells us she hasn't changed her values. Is anyone still buying this boloney?
Speaker 14: Well, what are Kamala Harris's values? I'm not sure that she would be able to identify it if she were asked that point, Blake in an interview, in an interview, by the way, where she happens to not be given me because she is still not given a foalsome sit down interview since she bloodlessly could her purported boss Joe Biden back in July. You know, Trump has been a time struggling to try to land a go to nickname for Kamala Harris. He has his trademark nicknames. There was of course Little Marco and lion Ted Cruz in twenty sixteen and all of that.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 14: I mean, some people think that it should be coming law because she's pretty communist leaning, you might say, I mean, I think another alternate possibility might be Camellia law, because.
Speaker 12: She's a chameleon.
Speaker 14: I mean, she uses a total chamellion. I mean, something that she says in twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, who knows if she's gonna believe it tomorrow, to say nothing about three to four or five years from now, you know. Looking at the electoral college map, I actually was playing around with my map earlier today, kind of doing some different alternative scenarios. It's really gonna come down to Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania, in my opinion, is really the number one battleground to say of this November. Are the voters in Pennsylvania when they are informed that Kamala Harris supported a full ban on fracking oil and natural gas as recently as twenty and twenty, how are they going to react to that? I mean, she could pretend like she didn't mean it. She could pretend like she olds a different position now. But How are you possibly supposed to believe her, especially when she refuses to sit down for an actual interview with any interviewer across the entire spectrum, even a friend the interview.
Speaker 3: Now you mentioned Pennsylvania, don'tbald. Trump's going to be back there. He's going to the site of the first attempt on his life for a bullet nicked his ear after a last millisecond head turn saved his life. It's just still incredible to think about. He's going to be holding another rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on October five, and Democrat Senator for Pennsylvania John Fetterman has said there's growing enthusiasm for Trump in the Keystone State.
Speaker 13: And I never agreed with our approach talking about that he's a convicted felon. It's not going to have any impact on that. It's like what's left. He's been impeached twice now, it's been two attempted assassinations, one where a bullet actually actually hit him. There's energy and there's kinds of anger on the ground in Pennsylvania and people are very committed and strunk. Trump is going to be strong.
Speaker 3: So much is riding on the critical swing state of pencil. And I think it's very clever for Trump to return to the scene of that first assassination attempt because a maidis tried to memory that whole incident.
Speaker 14: Yes, so, first of all, a brilliant move by Donald Trump, utterly brilliant to return to Butler, Pennsylvania. He actually was in Pennsylvania over the past twenty four hours, well in Indiana, Pennsylvania, a town called Indiana, not to be confused the state, but to go back to the actual scene of when he was literally millimeters I mean sentimiters are most probably millimeters away from having his life just taken away from us on the world stage. To go back there in a triumphant return is a is a brilliant political tactic. I mean, this is the kind of tactic that wins Trump all sorts of new converts, new fans there because they see someone who have the courage to get up there after his brush with death. The angel of death is hovering at that point inches above his head. He gets up there, and he has that iconic photo, that historic world iconic photo with the raised f pump. To go back there, hopefully he imitates that scene. Hopefully he tries his best to recapture that exact scene where he's raising the fist there. It's a brilliant move. But you know, speaking of John Fetterman, give credit where credit is due. John Fetnerman once again is one of the more rational Democrats out there. Not necessarily a particularly high bar of these days, but John Fetterman, who has been very sober actually when it comes to the conflict in the Middle least compared with the rest of his party. He sounds very sober here as well, saying that the whole convicted fellon threat to democracy thing.
Speaker 3: It's not playing.
Speaker 14: No one cares. And the reason that the threat to democracy thing, by the way, Rita is not playing is because there is one party in America right now that is literally trying to toss the opponent in jail. It's not the Republican Party. It is the Party of Biden Harris and the Democratic Party. So that you know that dog won't hunt, as they say in the South and whatnot. There, they're gonna have to be Trump on the actual issues. The problem, to get back to what we were just saying a few minutes ago, is that they can't talk about the issues because they have a candidate who doesn't know what she stands for and is changing her purportance stands every single day ending in white.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, projection is all the left have these days. Accuse your opponents of what you yourself are guilty of, and that we see that over and over again, and not just in the US. But I wonder if the honeymoon is finally over for Kamala Harris. A new poll from the New York Times Senate College shows a Trump winning in the battleground states of the Sun Belt. He leads Harris in Arizona fifty forty five. In Georgia, the margin is four percent, forty nine to forty five, and in North Carolina, Trump is ahead forty nine to forty seven. And we know, Josh that historically his numbers are understated. There's just a shyness factor when it comes to people telling polsters that they're going to be voting for Donald Trump totally.
Speaker 14: So you know, in New York Times, Sienna considered one of the very best polsters here in the United States. And this is this is a great hole for Donald Trump. I mean, they have him comfortably ahead out out in Arizona state that he obviously has to win. You know, he's leading in most of the higher quality polls out in Nevada as well. Nevada as a state that has not gone for Republicans at a presidential level in two decades since George W. Bush won it in two thousand and four. He's looking pretty good in Georgia right now. You know, it's gonna come down to those rust belt states, which, by the way, is the reason that I wrote a column all the way back in March saying that he should pick JD. Evans to be his running mate because JD. Vance is quite literally mister Rustbelt. I mean, he's from Ohio. He wrote hill Billy elogy. You know, you know he lived this life. So in this final five six weeks of the campaign, let's get Tim Wallas, who was born Nebraska. He's the governor of Minnesota. He is something of a Midwestern guy himself. Let's get him up there against JD.
Speaker 8: Vans.
Speaker 14: They're actually gonna have a vice presidential debate next week, so I can't wait for that. But you know, besides the actual kind of fifty cuss of a mono a mono debate, let's get them both out there having dueling rallies. Let's see which Midwesterner can actually win the hearts and minds of the actual Rust Belt voters, the weight working class, the voter that Trump tapped into in twenty sixteen. I would be willing to bet that it's gd Evans who can tap into them in a way that Tim Waltz cannot. I continue to think that Don Trump's actually a pretty good shape to win this election.
Speaker 3: Now, there have been at more revelations about that second assassination attempt against Donald Trump, the suspects that note has been released. Ryan Wesley Routh wrote, this was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I am so sorry failed you. I tried my best and gave it all the gumption I could muster. It is up to you now to finish the job, and I will offer one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to whoever can complete the job. Josh, Well, what more can he tell us about this man and the way this case is being handled?
Speaker 14: Right, So, there are a few things to note here. First of all, you know he was planning this for months, quite quite literally months. Apparently he cased out the golf course for weeks. In events he was stalking Donald Trump from Afar for months on ends, he wrote this chilling letter. You know, he actually self published a book last year in twenty twenty three where he actually called for Iran, for the Iranian regime to assassinate Donald Trump. Now he's offering a one hundred and fifty thousand dollars bounty. I mean, as if he has that cash on hand. I mean, the guy's a total lunatic. It's not he can pay that up anyway there, But I mean talk about something that obviously should never have happened, especially after Butler Pennsylvania. I you know, to this day, we have not gotten answers from the US Secret Service. They actually released an internal review of what happened on Friday. They really did not come to any firm conclusions there either as to what happened in either of these attempted assassinations, were probably gonna have to rely on Congress and the subpoena power.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: The good news is that because Ryan Routh in this letter actually said that he was going to attempt to assassinate, he used the word assassination. Because of that, the Department of Justice to turn jeral Merrick Garland and the US Attorney. They are likely now to bring an additional charge. He's a raven charged with two federal firearms charges. They're going to attack on an additional charge for attempted assassination with the President of the United States, which I many others are calling for last year. So you have that, you also have Governor DeSantis up in Tallahassee or Capital who's leading a concurrent investigation trying to bring attempted murder charges. DeSantis should not slow down with that. He should continue full speed ahead as well. Look, in my humble opinion, I am a proponent of capital punishment. I hope that I would prefer that this man fry and not see the light of day. But if it has to be life in prison, I guess I will take that.
Speaker 3: There's so many unanswered questions, though, Josh, about where this man got his money from, because it doesn't seem to have any source of real income. But he did extensive travel, who was paying for that? Why didn't he spend any real time in prison? He faced dozens of serious charges, weapons of mass destruction charge, you had a police standoff for hours. There seems to be a lot of unanswered questions with this as there is with Butler. But I want to move on to today the Argentinian Trump, as he has been called Harvia Milay. Being in New York he met with Elon Musk, who was wearing a black Maga cap. Tell me about the impact Mila has had on Argentina in a relatively short period of times. Is a country that went from one of the riches in this region in South America to one of the poorest thanks to socialism, perrhism. What impact has Milay's small government approach had so far.
Speaker 14: Well, in a very short time period, he has already taken drastic measures to turn around the Argentinian economy. I mean, inflation has come down to a relatively normal level, wages have been increasing in real inflation, just the terms GDP per capita is already on the rise, certainly relative to what it was under his predecessor. As you said, Rider, Argentina was one of the wealthiest countries in Latin America. In fact, I think by some measures it was actually by it was actually clearly number one for a period of time there and it became just an absolutely indebted socialist hellhole. And you know what he's been able to achieve in a very short time ought to be inspiring to those around the world who would seek to come into power in a system of leftism or totalitanism and then be given the opportunity to try to turn around. There's a lot of meat on the bone, is what I'm trying to say, in a lot of left wing governments all throughout the world. The story of Hoavier Malay now quickly he's come in and turned this around very quickly. That should give inspiration to those seeking to challenge and depose a lot of these other left wing socialists, rulers, prime ministers, dictators, whatever their title may or may not be, all throughout the world. And also on the global stage with what he's saying in terms of the pro Trump rhetoric, he's casting good votes at the United Nations. By the way, Argentina has been an actually rare, standout good vote when it comes especially to Middle East issues. You know that was not the case under the previous governments. And Argentina is a fairly large country, it's a good sized population, so this is an important story to keep your eye on.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I remember I think it was just two or three days before that election where Milay was waving an Israeli flag at one of his rallies, so he was unashamedly pro Israel, even when I think he was advised it could be costly for him during the election. Now, before you go, I just want to ask you about a report from Channel twelve News in Israel. They've reported that the UN, together with the US Department of Justice, is arguing that unrighte employees who were involved in October seven should have immunity from legal action. Can you shed any more light on this developing story because it seems unbelievable.
Speaker 14: Well, it's actually even worse than that Jerusalem Post headline that the viewers just saw is indicating. So the UN is not only seeking immunity for its own employees. Its own employees, you know, which, by the way, by a very large margin, happened to be moonlighting as Hamas Jihattist apparatchicks. You know, they're basically you and employees by day Jihattist by night. But it's actually worse than that, because the Joe Biden do o J I'm gonna repeat this, the Joe Biden do OJ has filed a brief in court agreeing with this argument. The official stance of the United States Department of Justice is that the UNRAN employees who participated in the single largest slaughter of the Jewish people since Hitler and the Nazis were alive, deserve immunity from prosecution because they're international employees. I mean, I don't have words to describe how unspeakably evil this is. And you know, look, if you're looking at what's happening on the world stage in general, come November here in America, you really ought to pull a lever for Donald Trump, given how much the world is on fire over the past few years. But if you needed one final closing argument, it probably should be this. I mean, this is just a morally jarring, absolutely rock bottom level stance that the Joe Biden doj is taking, by the way, taken by Attorney General Merrick Garland, who is the son of if I'm not mistaken, a Polcaster Vibors as well.
Speaker 3: Josh Hammah, Thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 14: Thank you reader.
Speaker 3: Coming up, an award winning actor and LGBTQ activist tells me he is now under attack in his own community because he is Jewish. Welcome back, joining me now. Is Jewish, LGBTQ advocate and Emmy Award winning actor. You've all, David, You've all. This year, you attended a Pride parade in Washington, d C. Where you and the group you were with were physically assaulted, abuse spat on just for being Jewish and supporting Israel. Here's some of what happened.
Speaker 8: Rushing us.
Speaker 7: You're rushing us.
Speaker 11: You can't hear.
Speaker 12: These. I have been a lifelong LGBTQ activist. I believe in the values.
Speaker 3: Of protecting LGBTQ people.
Speaker 12: But they are attacking us in the middle of a Pride march. Am I not supposed to be welcome within my own LGBTQ community because I am Jewish, because I'm Israeli. We are people of all nationalities here, all different types of LGBTQ people, and we're being booed right now.
Speaker 3: Incredible scenes. This is a movement that's supposed to be inclusive and tolerant. Did you feel welcome?
Speaker 12: I did not feel welcome, as is obvious from that video. The thing is we also were assaulted in multiple different events during that Pride weekend in Washington, DC, and the same thing happened in New York city. The thing is. I also was warned in advance by the FBI and other organizations in the United States that agitators were planning on disrupting Pride events in more than one hundred cities across the United States. I don't believe that anybody should be allowed to stop our pride, to stop us from presenting ourselves being who we are. That's part of what living in a democracy is about. But I've seen these factions within the LGBTQ movement grow and increase, and I've been waiving that red flag for a long time, and sadly, I've been heavily ignored. And that's why we're seeing what we're seeing right now, with the Lgbtqia Plus movement having gone to some mind twisting extremes.
Speaker 3: Mind twisting. Indeed, the whole hostility towards Israel and the Jewish people for members of that community is bizarre. It's bordering on suicidely stupid when Israel is the only place in the Middle East where that community enjoys rights, equal rights. I noticed nobody has taken up the New Tolerance Campaigns offer of a million dollars to hold Ay Pride March in Gaza or the West Bank. It will be be unthinkable to have any sort of event celebrating the community in those parts of the world other than in Israel.
Speaker 12: Look, you're speaking the truth. Israel is the only country in the Middle East that protects lgbtqia plus rights and every other letter you wish to add to this movement. Israel is the only country in the Middle East that provides asylum for people for Arabs who wish to flee their countries and move into Israel so they can still speak Arabic, so they can still be around other Arabs and Arab Israelis in order to be safe. The same thing goes for women's rates. So look, I'm an equal opportunity supporter and an equal opportunity critic. If somebody from my own liberal, progressive LGBTQ movements is doing things that's against the values of these movements, then I'm going to speak out about it. And I've been speaking out about these issues starting in twenty sixteen, when I started to see more and more manipulation entering the LGBTQ space. In twenty sixteen, people used to go to the LGBTQ conferences When I would speak at when I would be speaking one of the keynote speakers at a conference, and they'd hand out free shirts and free mugs and the free buttons, all the things we see. And they'd have people who'd walk there with a kafia and wrap it around somebody's neck and say, oh, here's a kafia. It's a symbol of resistance against any form of oppression. And that's all they did. So all of a sudden, they started to create these little symbols that people would recognize and say, oh, that person is wearing a beautiful scarf, then we must be the same. Is that all that it takes with catchy nursery, rhyme, slogans that rhymes to manipulate these people to believe that Hamas is an organization that an LGBTQ person should support, or Hezbollah or the or Iran. It doesn't make.
Speaker 3: Sense, does not make sense. And that anti Israeli sentiment we saw the Pride Marcher has extended into Hollywood increasingly, something you've pointed out. You know, Hollywood champions the left's causes, and this appears to be another one now and it's also in the music industry, in entertainment industry, in general. Most recently, rapper Macklemore launched into a tirade against Israel and America at a concert raising money for anwar.
Speaker 15: Have a listen, Yeah, America, October seventh happens, and I start paying attention, and I start, I started learning. I started listening. I start, I start going back and learning the history this issue that was deemed so complicated. It's a genocide, absolutely, and it has been since nineteen forty eight. Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 12: Don't get it incredible.
Speaker 3: To me that he admits to only really being interested in this issue after October seven, but he looked at the slaughter of innocent Israelis in their homes at a music festival and decided they were to blame. It's as I.
Speaker 12: Said, truly, or it's bewildering, just as you stated, and as he stated himself, including in his other speeches that he's been giving since October seventh, where he actually says the words that he didn't know anything about the situation. He didn't know anything about what's happening in the Middle East until October seventh, and he's only recently learning about it. Wonderful. That is absolutely a person that we should be listening to a rapper who says that he doesn't know anything about the situation, but he knows how he feels. What we're seeing is the progressive left, which is far too focused on this oppressor, oppressed narrative, even though so many of us talk about being non binary. They're focused on binary thinking a light and dark and they've learned false information from non reliable sources, and that the facts are out there from reliable sources. I listen to your show, I listen to what you say, and if I don't agree with everything you say, that makes me more excited, because maybe you'll change my mind, maybe I will change somebody else's mind. That's what this should be about. But they are canceling anybody who disagrees with them. They're forcing facts to fit their opinions, as opposed to shaping their opinions based on facts. Here's something that will bother you more than all of the other things that bother you that you speak about. Ninety seven percent of people under the age of forty five receive their news and world information from TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a problem, and we see what trends there, we see what's promoted particularly on TikTok, and I don't believe it's all organic there. They determine what is allowed to trend and what's suppressed, and it's very dangerous time. But I applaud you and the work you do, very brave. Indeed, you've all David, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 12: The feeling is mutual. I applaud you for everything that you're doing. You're a voice of reason and a voice of truth, and I will do everything to help spread that truth so people can learn and do the right thing.
Speaker 3: That's it from me. I'll see at eleven tomorrow with Kelly J. Keen Up. Next is Newsnight.