Speaker 1: On Scolus Oscodia. This is the Reader Panety Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Paney Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, I speak to an Australian comic taken to court over an offensive joke, a new allegend racism scandal at Collingwood Football Club. Douglas Murray will give his verdict on Paris and that Kamala Harris Rebrand. Also joining me tonight is Army Horowitz and Daniel Wilde and of course left He's losing it tonight featuring actress and alleged comic Chelsea Handler.
Speaker 1: I mean, my god, are we tired?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: Sad diet, mountain dew drinking, couch humping, dolphin portante fiscionado, All of us childless, cat and dog ladies are going to go from childless and crushing it to childless and crushing you.
Speaker 3: In November, let's start with the biggest story in the Ossie Rule States. Forget about the Olympic because it's all about Collingwood Football Club being embroiled in a new racism scandal with allegations against chief executive Craig Kelly, who stands accused of joking about putting a live, effing possum in a special room for Indigenous players, and calling an Aboriginal elder a disparaging term. The allegations come from the club's former head of First Nation Strategy, Mark Klever. Documents have been filed with the Federal Circuit and Family courts. Michael Warner reports that it's also alleged in these documents that about halfway back to the office on or about High Street or Hoddle Street, an Asian lady was walking across the road nearing the middle of the road.
Speaker 2: Mister Kelly swerved the.
Speaker 3: Car so it passed close by her, yelled statistic and laughed. There are also allegations that Craig Kelly said to mister Cleaver, why do you need to use Google Maps? I assume your people can navigate with their eyes closed, and earlier during that troup, mister Cleaver, who documents detail identifies as non binary and gay, allegience mister Kelly told him we are taking my car. It's a real man's car. There are several other allegations mister Cleaver is seeking compensation for He is seeking compensation for hurt, humiliation and distress, and economic loss Collingwood, though, is standing by its CEO.
Speaker 2: Here is a club president, Jeff.
Speaker 6: Brown Mark's employment was terminated for unrelated to the complaint that he lodged.
Speaker 3: His employment was terminated for other reasons associated.
Speaker 1: What were those reasons?
Speaker 2: Dishonesty meaning dishonest conduct in what context? In a number of respects?
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Deputy Executive director of the Institute of Public Affairs, Daniel Wild Dan, how do you see this story? Collingwood is certainly ending by its CEO. The president there said he was absolutely behind the CEO and they were going to fight these allegations.
Speaker 7: Well, based on what's been reported, some of what's been said is clearly out of bounds. I don't know the broader context though it was said, if it was said, if the context and so forth is important, So I don't want to get into the details of that before we know, of course information, but there is I think a broader point is why do football clubs have ahead of indigenous strategy? You know, the issue here is that identity politics has seeped into every single area of our lives, including sporting codes. Clearly, if there are issues of racism, they need to be dealt with but we've talked about this before. This is often used as a cudgel to say that the systemic racism throughout sport and using football clubs and other sporting organizations as a tool for politics rather than just getting on the field and trying to win the game.
Speaker 3: And AFL clubs, including Collingwood, have been fairly eager to play politics. We saw that during the Voice debate.
Speaker 2: And they all took a position.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone really, I don't think there was a massive demand from their fan base to form a position that they have been internally well, yeah, statistically, most of their fans would have voted no. Speaking more broadly about this issue and the media coverage, we saw some major missteps and that's putting it kindly from the media during their coverage of the Hawthorne racism scandal. Do you think the media has learned from that episode and is taking a more measured approach now?
Speaker 7: Sadly not. I think the media has been implicated. They were almost all in favor of the Voice to Parliament. You have a lot of activists that are in the media rather than proper journalists. Now, there are some good journalists that do a good job but by and large journalism has become a tool for political activism rather than factual reporting. They're very eager to jump on anything that will support their narrative that Australia is a bad, racist, backward country. And sadly sometimes that narrative gets out for or they actually have a proper command of the facts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And as for the Collingwood case, getting back to that, of course, we'll bring you the latest as the.
Speaker 2: Matter is fought out in court.
Speaker 3: We are not passing any judgment whatsoever on those allegations. Now, let's talk about labor politicians piling on Nationals front bencher Barnaby Joyce for comments they claim are inflammatory and worthy of him being sacked. Let's listen to those comments first. These comments have enraged not only labor but segments of the media.
Speaker 8: Your greatest power is organizing on a national level. And your greatest weapon is to turn up in numbers in camera in Macquarie Street, in George Street, in Queen Street. And the bullet you have is that little piece of paper and it goes in the magazine called the Voting Box, and it's coming up.
Speaker 1: Get ready to load that magazine.
Speaker 8: Go goodbye, Chris goodbye Stephen, goodbye Albow.
Speaker 3: He likened a vote going into a ballad box to a bullet going into a magazine. And now Labor MP and Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister Patrick Gorman is calling for Barnaby to be sacked.
Speaker 9: This was some of the most extreme language we have seen from an Australian politician in recent memory. It was extreme language used by a senior member of Peter Dutton's front bench. Extreme language used by someone who sat for years on the National Security Committee. I'm not calling for Barnaby Joyce to resign, I'm calling for Peter Dutton to sack him.
Speaker 6: This is une for David Little Proud too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 9: Peter Dutton is the leader of the Coalition. Peter Dutton says that he will be a prime Minister who will make tough calls. Well, this is the first tough call that he needs to make if he thinks he should be anywhere near a leadership position. He's just waiting for the Nationals to give him permission. It shows how weak he is and it shows that there is no low standard that he won't let walk by.
Speaker 2: Daniel. Where does one start.
Speaker 3: Does the Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister not understand that Peter Dutton can't sack a nationals MP and frankly, why would he want to over those comments.
Speaker 7: Well, Paul Patrick's having a hard time there. I mean, I've never really heard of him until that. To be honest with you, I don't know what he's been doing with this time. But Peter Dunt's not the leader of the coalition. He is the leader of the opposition of the Liberal Party. So it's a distinction that Patrick might want to read up on given that he is in government. Look, the other point, the other point that I'd make is look, Barnaby's apologized for his language. It was probably a bit over the top, but the fundamental thing he's saying is there's a lot of communities in regional Australia that are being steamrolled by the inner city elites and the energy corporations who are putting solar panels, wind turbines, high tension, high voltage transmission lines across their land. And what Barnaby is saying is you need to organize, get active, you have to go and actually communicate your issue on a national scale. The groups together because this is a national issue, not just a localized, regional issue. So the substance of what he was saying was spot on. But I think you know, he's apologized for the bullet comment and probably fair enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's plenty of analogies you can make, there's other ones, but I don't think anybody listening to that would have felt.
Speaker 2: Compelled to do anything unlawful.
Speaker 7: I mean, come on, what he I mean what Patrick said that this is the most extreme language used or something? What about what the Palestinian protest was saying it in relation to October sees?
Speaker 3: What about his own colleague up colleague up until a few weeks ago saying from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.
Speaker 2: Did he come on stein complain about it?
Speaker 7: Would have condemned that?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Now Meta's fact checkers are claiming that an iconic image now Trump after his near assassination is an altered photo. You'll remember this image where he got up, put his fist up, said fight. Absolutely outrageous but not surprising. Now we've got a Facebook representative who has admitted this was a mistake and apologized. But the so called fact checks on Meta that's both Facebook and Instagram are highly partisan and always Daniel in the one direction spot on.
Speaker 7: They're not apologizing because they got it wrong. They're apologizing because they got caught out. And that's always the way We've talked about this before with the fake fact checkers. The analysis we did the Voice to Parliament fact checking was ninety percent of fact checking was against the No against the No side, despite the fact that it was the Yes side that was perpetrating misinformation and it was our beneasy. He said, oh, this is just a modest a small, modest request. Now you're changing the constitution along racial lines. So look, this is the concern with misinformation laws as well as we know the way that they would be policed by people like e Safety Commissioner is through these fact checking organizations, which, as you say, are blatantly political and compromised and cannot be trusted.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And if it wasn't for X and Elon Musk buying X, we wouldn't be having an apology and withdrawal of this particular fact check because they wouldn't be embarrassed because that would also exist across X, like it did in twenty twenty where they buried that New York Post story on Hunter Biden's laptop. They worked in unison across the board to suppress that story.
Speaker 2: Daniel Wylde, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: My next guest is the author of international bestsellers, including his latest The War on the West.
Speaker 2: Douglas Murray.
Speaker 3: The Paris Olympics are underway and the controversy around that drag queen heavy opening ceremonies behind us. The French have done their absolute best to present an idealic version of Paris that you, arguing your latest piece for the Spectator no longer exists. Indeed, you ask, will we always have Paris?
Speaker 10: Well, that idyllic Paris does exist in the center, but only as long as you have tens of thousands of policemen and soldiers stationed on the streets. And I think that this is something which not just France, but Britain, Australia, America and all other Western liberal societies have to think about. You know, there was a g had a cell that was stopped just a few weeks ahead of the Olympics trying to carry out and attack on the Olympics. A number of other groups have been found trying to disrupt it as well. On the opening day, there was a massive and still pretty much underreported the story that happened where some of the main power grids in France that stopped that were helping the trains run, were all taken out in a simultaneous attack by people who clearly knew what they were doing.
Speaker 1: They grounded a lot.
Speaker 10: Of the of the movement of people in France on that crucial day. And I think that it's a question which Goodness knows, France has been a mule but has not come up with many answers on yet, which is, you know, what do you do when you have people in your society who actually want to humiliate and embarrass your country on what's meant to be it's proudest a day and showing off its proudest achievements. Maybe it'll go by peacefully, of course everyone hopes it will be. But these are not good signs.
Speaker 2: Really, not at all.
Speaker 3: And even when you're a tourist in Paris these days, it's hard not to notice the disharmony, the racial, religious divisions, the crime. The Australian Olympians were warned against wearing their team uniforms outside the Olympic village due to safety concerns. So even with that enormous police presence, it's still an issue. Now, let's talk about a woman who is undergoing a rather dramatic rebrand. Kamala Harris is being presented by the Democrats and the US media as a vibrant and visionary, completely competent presidential candidate. Just look at the cover of this is New York magazine. It's incredible, it is real. A lot of people think this is some sort of a parody. There's Kamala sitting on top of a giant coconut, surrounded by celebrating Democrat heavyweights Pelosi, Obama. You can see Beyonce and George Clooney. I think there as well. Douglas, are you excited for the Camelot era?
Speaker 10: It's amazing what can happen in a few weeks, isn't it reata? I mean when you and I last spoke, Joe Biden was still staggering on pretending he had another four more years, four and a half more years in him, and everyone in the legacy media, with a few noble exceptions, was saying, absolutely, this guy is the future. He maybe eighty one, but he's the future. And we won't hear any talk to the contrary. Now, of course, Joe Biden is already the past and has been clearly unceremoniously ditched at the behests of leaders of his own party, and now the whole story has to change. So again, when you and I last boat Rita Kamala Harris was one of the most foot in mouth politicians of our era, a person of very few discernible talents and who had absolutely all the qualities of leadership apart from followers. And now what a difference a few weeks makes, because now, of course it's New York Magazine and all those same legacy media again with a few noble exceptions, are seriously trying to push Kamela on the not just American public, but the world public as the savior of the republic. And it's quite a sight to behold. You know, these are long weeks in politics these days. They're several months until the election. Goodness knows what will happen in the meantime. But I reckon that this varmish and gloss and razmataz that the Democrat loyal media trying to push is not really going to stick. I think it's going to wear off pretty fast.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: And at the same time, they've tried to bury what happened with Trump and the attempted assassination. It's almost like that has already been memory hold. And you would expect so much more coverage and scrutiny about what happened that day than many failures of the Secret Service and local authorities to allow that to happen the way he did. But Douglas, there seems to be very little interest in pursuing that story from the bulk.
Speaker 2: Of the media.
Speaker 10: Well, it's not just the story of that reta, but I think it's the story also of what led up to it. I mean, the only person responsible for this so far as we know at the moment is the gunman, and his motives are still being looked into by the intelligence services and so on. But the thing that strikes me is, you know, in the run up to that attempted assassination of former President Trump, leading Democrats including Kamala Harris and Joe Biden were all again with their amen chorus in the media saying, you know, this is going to be the last election you can vote in. This is a vote you know on democracy, This is an election about democracy and whether we never whether we get the chance to ever vote again. And by the way, women, you're all going to be sold into servitude, and all of these white supremacists like JD. Vance and his wife are all going to kill you all all the time. And they were doing that right up until the day of the attempted assassination.
Speaker 1: There were a.
Speaker 10: Few hours of merciful silence and decency, and now they're back at it again. They are back at it again. And you know, you and I have talked about this before. Rita, if you think, if you think, and keep saying, or keep saying and don't think, but just say it anyway. As I say that Donald Trump is Hitler and it's going to be the fourth right if he gets a second term in power, it's not surprising if somebody is going to decide that the great fantasy of going back in time and killing Hitler is now your opportunity.
Speaker 1: And you can do it.
Speaker 10: We know because this had happened in twenty sixteen, when a young British man tried to seize a gun from a policeman at a Trump rally in order to try to shoot them. Candidate Trump, nobody toned down the rhetoric in the years since. If anything, they ramped it up. And if this were any other scenario Rita, there wouldn't just be a focus on the gunman. There would be a focus on all the people that made these hyperbolic and histrionic claims. For years and people will be saying, why don't we tone it down a bit, why don't we stop pretending that, you know, Donald Trump and JD. Vance are white supremacist hicclerrites and just recognize there are other Americans with a different vision of where we're going in America and they need to be taken on for their arguments. But no, oh no, the ability to do that lasted a few minutes some Saturdays ago, and now they're back at it, and I think it's shameful. For one, I don't think it's it's a discourse that should be in politics, because at the end of the day, the people who made those arguments have been in what should be a much stickier position because they're saying, this guy is hitler, but I'm sorry he wasn't killed. Well, good luck holding onto that those.
Speaker 1: Two ideas at the same time.
Speaker 10: Good luck, And.
Speaker 3: You are so right that reckless retrick started within minutes, literally within minutes. Some people held out for a few hours, but they're all back at it now. In the Biden administration being consistent, to say the least, when it comes to America's support of Israel in its war against Haamas, what sort of Middle East policy would we see under a Kamala Harris administration. The Vice President gave us an insight after her meeting with Benjamin Netting Yahoo. She told the Israeli Prime Minister the war must come to an end and vowed to not be silent about suffering in Gaza, and in what CNN called a notable moment, Harris concluded her remarks by telling reporters that the war in Gaza is not a binary issue.
Speaker 11: It is important for the American people to remember the war in Gaza is not a binary issue. However, too often the conversation is binary when the reality is anything but. So I ask my fellow Americans to help encourage efforts to igno knowledge the complexity, the nuance, and the history of the region. Let us all condemn terrorism and violence, let us all do what we can to prevent the suffering of innocent civilians, and let US condemn anti Semitism, Islamophobia, and hate of any kind.
Speaker 2: Douglas, what do you make of those comments?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's well, I mean it's, first of all, of course, it's tip top advice from Vice President Harris, isn't it She said to Benjaminea who that the war should end. I'm sure that's absolutely fresh to him. He must be surprised that's never occurred to him or anyone in his government. Everybody wants the war to end. But you know, what is Kamela's plan to get back the hostages, including the American hostages that are held by Hamaz and other Islamic militants in Gaza. What's her plan to get them? She's weirdly silent about it. What is her great expertise in warfare or indeed in anything much to start lecturing an ally that is at war with an enemy that wishes to annihilate it, it's.
Speaker 1: Astonishing to me.
Speaker 10: I mean, if she wants to stop the killing, what's Kamala Harris's plan for stopping Hezbollah launching rockets into Israel like the one this week that killed more than ten incredible young children. Drew's children from the extraordinary Druze community in Israel. What's her plan to stop hez Buala rocketing Israeli children when they're playing in a field in northern Israel. What's her plan? I mean, I'd love to know the truth is I don't think she knows one of the things. By the way, you can also always tell when somebody really hasn't studied any complex issue. Is saying banalities like this is binary issue. Actually parts of this are very binary. You're either with Israel or you're with Hamas. You either want Hamas to be defeated or you.
Speaker 1: Want Israel to be defeated. You either want.
Speaker 10: The hostages to be returned and Hamas to be destroyed, or you want the Israelis to fail in their war aims. And so no, sorry, that is binary. And if Kamala Harris doesn't think it is, perhaps she could look to her supporters, including the ones who were obviously enormously energized by her decision to skip the Nettnya who speech the joint Sessions of Congress in order to fulfill a very important sorority speaking engagement on the other side of the country. The people who took enormous courage from her stance and thought the history was behind them by turning out on the streets of DC as I saw with my own eyes shouting horrible slurs and among others black policemen who were doing their best to guard the Capitol that day, and shouting white supremacists at them, and then marching through Washington, DC calling for the annihilation of Israel and the annihilation of the United States of America. These people were burning the American flag on the streets of Washington, d C. So actually that is kind of binary. Are you with the flag burners or against them? I know where I stand. I wish that Kamala Harris made it clearer where she did.
Speaker 3: Now, Kamala, as you mentioned, wasn't there, But you were there as Benjaminetta Ya who delivered his speech to the United States Congress.
Speaker 2: You were sitting there next.
Speaker 3: To Elon Muska, right behind Noah Agami and who was rescued in June after being abducted by her mass on October seven, Did you have a chance to speak with her and also tell me about why Elon Musk was there.
Speaker 10: For Elon Musk and I were invited as guests the Prime Minister, and it with my enormous honor to sit there among the some of the hostage families, people still waiting for their loved ones to be returned, among families who have lost loved ones in Gaza, people who have had their relatives kidnapped and killed in Gaza. And also, of course the remarkable Noah. Yes, both Elon and I got a chance to speak with her. It was enormously powerful. I mean, here was a young, beautiful young woman abducted from the Nova Music. First of all, had obviously lost many of her friends, have been held for months in the most appalling circumstances, and was only released not through any act of nature or desire of call of Kamala Harris or anyone else, but by brave members of the IDF who went into Gaza extraordinary rescue mission to rescue her and three other hostages some weeks back. And of course a member of the idea F was killed in that rescue operation.
Speaker 1: She's a remarkable.
Speaker 10: Young woman, and you know, it's just when we first saw that footage of her being taken away in absolute terror on the back of a motorcycle, I think many people fear they wouldn't see her again. But you know, she's a remarkable young woman, and she's back back with her family and back with her loved ones, and I hope that happens for all the other hostages who are still being held and who the world seems to have forgotten about.
Speaker 2: Well, So, Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 10: This evening great pleasure, as always, reta thank.
Speaker 2: You still to come.
Speaker 3: And lefties losing it and Armi Horowitz takes a deep dive into all things Carmala.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties losing it and the affluent white female liberals awful for short. They are mobilizing for the Democrats, and they have a compelling message. I mean, who wouldn't be swayed by this?
Speaker 12: This is a message for every single person who looks like me, specifically white women.
Speaker 1: It's time.
Speaker 12: This is no longer about politics, and you get to write your wrongs of twenty sixteen when you didn't put a woman in the White House who was overly qualified. Now's your chance.
Speaker 3: Thank god I don't look like her, because I think that means I don't have to listen to her. But you white women, well sorry, but this is apparently a life and death matter, no hyperbole there.
Speaker 12: This is no longer about red versus blue. This is our lives that we are playing with. And the piece that you have control, Oliver, is who you vote for in November. You need to find a spine to stand up against the white men in your life who are telling you who should be your president.
Speaker 3: Yes, ignore the white men and listen to this white woman.
Speaker 2: Makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: And here is another totally sane white woman who has a message for America. Here is comic Chelsea Handless rant about jd Vance's childless cat lady comments.
Speaker 12: I mean, my god, are we tired you?
Speaker 5: Sad diet, mountain dew drinking, couch humping, dolphin portante ficionado. All of us childless cat and dog ladies are going to go from childless and crushing it to childless and crushing you in November.
Speaker 3: And here is another white woman, this time may Derange MSNBC contributor, claiming that jd Vance's comments are motivated by you guessed it, white supremacy. Here have any wants more white children?
Speaker 13: The stats are there more and more Americans choosing not to have kids, which again emphasizes why jd Vance's comments about childless Americans, childless Calaites could be so polically damaging.
Speaker 5: Well, so what's interesting is this is this needileism that comes from an authoritarian playbook, right, that there need to.
Speaker 2: Be more white children. Right, that's the idea that there's you.
Speaker 7: Know, this is about great replacement theory.
Speaker 2: Racism, right, this is what this is.
Speaker 1: So don't misunderstand it.
Speaker 12: For him wanting more children, he wants a certain kind of you know, racist thing.
Speaker 2: What can you say to that?
Speaker 3: Jd Vance is the father of three biracial children. His children are not white, you dim witted race baiting simpleton. And look, it's not just white women for Kamala. The Democrats have really embraced their segregationists past. And they've also got what they call white dudes for Harris. This group, and yes, they do look exactly as you'd expect. Don't you just love a white men only group created in the name of progress. Let's hear it from these wide dudes, starting with actor Jeff Bridges.
Speaker 2: I'm white, I'm a dude, and I'm for Harris.
Speaker 14: Over the last few years, you know, I've been thinking a lot about men.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if you guys can recall that feeling you had on the night of Tuescay, November eight, twenty sixty. I stood over my kid's bed and I wept.
Speaker 3: He stood over his kids' beds and wept and ate cookies.
Speaker 2: It looks like ladies.
Speaker 3: If you think there is a crisis in masculinity, you'd be right, because you won't detect any in this group.
Speaker 10: In the marginalized communities that educate me every single day that this is a constant education for all of us.
Speaker 4: Kamala is carrying on her shoulders two hundred and forty eight years of pain, of agony, of hope, of frustration, And no matter how high she jumps, no matter how many degrees she has, no matter how good her grades are, she's never good enough because they're always moving the line. What a variety of whiteness we have here with like a rainbow of a beije man.
Speaker 13: I am scared to death of what the future could look like if we go back to another Trump administration.
Speaker 3: Now to the woman herself, Kamala Harris, you know, the Oakland born Californian who's Indian and Jamaican. Parents were both academics, one a scientist, the other a professor.
Speaker 2: This is how she normally speaks.
Speaker 11: We are all in this together, and your vote is your power. So please make sure your voice is heard this November and register to vote at vote dot com.
Speaker 3: That was Kamala on the set of a Drag Queen show. Here is Kamala in Atlanta talking to a mainly black audience. See if you can detect the subtle difference.
Speaker 11: And you are not just win in twenty twenty and we don't do it again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's suddenly got some sort of a southern urban droll happening, and she's not bad at it.
Speaker 15: I said to the congressman, I didn't know he.
Speaker 10: Could preach like that.
Speaker 2: So authentic. There you would have spotted Terrence K. Williams, comic Terrence K.
Speaker 3: Williams that he is none to please with Kamala pandering to the black vote.
Speaker 2: Have a look at his reaction to her speech today.
Speaker 11: Because, as the saying goes, if you've got something to say.
Speaker 14: Girl, bah, you trying so hard to be black?
Speaker 1: When did you start talking like this?
Speaker 14: If you got fucked by say they say it, tell my face, Kamala, Kamala, stop trying so hard to pan dirt to black people and black people's faces, pretending you are something.
Speaker 6: That you're not.
Speaker 3: Oh, there was certainly plenty of pandering happening at the Atlanta rally.
Speaker 2: Here's Meghan the Stallion telling women.
Speaker 3: That if they want to keep loving the Kirby bodies, then they best vote for Harris.
Speaker 2: What and if you.
Speaker 14: Want to keep loving your body, you know you?
Speaker 15: Hey, buddy crazy, perfect place, Buddy crazy, perfect place.
Speaker 3: We've got plenty more lefties losing it to cover with my next guest, and Kamala Harris features again. She went from denying she was ever the borderzaar to bragging that she has a better track record on immigration than Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: So in this campaign, I will proudly put my record against his any day of the lead, any day of the week, including for example, on the issue of immigration.
Speaker 2: Incredible stuff.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is commentation and documentary filmmaker Army Horowitz. Army that message got cheers in Atlanta. Will it convinced independent voters? Kamala imagine what can be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 13: No, it's gas lighting of the first order, although I guess because technically she doesn't want to use the word what to ban the word illegal immigrants. So basically, I make guess you can calculate that on her watch there have been no illegal people across the country. I guess by that math she might be able to win that argument. Look, Rita, you and I actually debated this a while back. I gotta be honest when it came to the border deal that the President tried to push through and then blame the Republicans of not taking. Yes, I know it was three years too late obviously, but I think that what the Republicans did themselves by not engaging or taking that particular border deal was it allowed the Democrats to do exactly what I said, then used that as as a cudgel, as enough of a policy issue to muddle the issue for independent voters when they say, look, we came the border deal, you said no, right, Just from that perspective a loan, it's creating a lot of problems for what should be a very clear win for the Republicans and immigration. I'll say this about Kamala Harris. So a man named William von Spronson, who was an Antifa radical terrorist who died in a fiery fight with federal agents, who was attacking an ICE facility in Washington State as an Antifa terrorist when he was killed. Bad as manifesto. Well, guess what if you look at what her policy prescriptions are for the border, it comes right after Wilhem von Spronson's manifesto. She wants to ban ICE, stop deportations. These are all the issues that the antifa radicals have been talking about. That's what the Republicans have got to hit over and over again that she is an absolute radical and she carries the yoke of the failure of the administration, whether you want.
Speaker 1: To call the borders are and not the borders are.
Speaker 13: End of the day, complete and total failure for the democratic administration. Fifteen million people across the border, which is in Australia's terms, more than half of your population coming across the border illegally, let's make that clear, and illegal immigration. While it has slipped slightly in national polls from two to three in some polls two, some polls, three in all the battleground states, it is still very solidly the number two issue in the country, number one, of course being the economy.
Speaker 3: Now, another area where Kamala is a performing spectacular backflips is energy policy. And fracking in particular. The Hill and other media outlets are trying to tell us the Vice President will not seek to ban fracking if she's elected president in twenty twenty four, but she's on the record saying she wants to ban fracking.
Speaker 11: I am committed to passing a green New Deal, creating clean jobs, and finally putting an end to fracking once and for all. There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking. So yeah, and starting and starting with what we can do on day one around public lands, right, and then there has to be a legislation. But yes, and this is something I've taken on in California.
Speaker 2: I have a history of working on this issue.
Speaker 3: How important is this issue, particularly in those crucial swing states like Pennsylvania.
Speaker 13: Let me think about it. This yeah, really really important. Yeah, particularly Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is the second largest producer of energy in the country. There are tremendous amount of jobs tied to it. Additionally, what people really aren't talking about it's very much a union state and there's been a lot serious eroding of of union support among the the Democratic Party. Of course, it was, of course one of the biggest groups supporting the Democratic Party. You've seen erosion of that. Trump has made a lot of headway in that also soars JD.
Speaker 2: Vans.
Speaker 13: Frankly, it's an issue, of course around jobs. Look, you have to remember that as California Attorney General, Kamala Harris not only backed the batting of fracking, she actually sued the Obama administration for have federal fracking off the coast of California. And by the way, also she was a co sponsor of the Green New Deal, right, the most radical pol agenda, the greatest expansion of government that we've seen in a hundred years in this country. She was a backer, she was a co sponsor of it. So yeah, that dog ain't gonna hunt. When she now is trying to say, hey, I'm not wanning for president, so yeah, I won't support the banning of fracking.
Speaker 1: That's just not true.
Speaker 13: It's not her history shows and she will in fact do that if she becomes president.
Speaker 2: Well, as you said, it's her history.
Speaker 3: It's not just a position that she formed five minutes ago that she can back out of easily. This is in her DNA, this is what she actually believes in positions she's implemented in the past, so I think it's going to be a very hard sell. Indeed, now Harris is also campaigning on her record of being a tough prosecutor. They're trying to paint her as the law and order figure against a convicted Fellon Trump. But she was actually quite soft on crime when it mattered. In recent years, she's back BLM, she's back bail funds forring thugs, she's talked about defunding the police and reimagining public safety.
Speaker 2: And she's a San Francisco Liberal.
Speaker 3: How much ownership does she have on what is happening in San Francisco and in California.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I wouldn't say she has no responsibility. I mean, she was not only the chief prosecutor of San Fisco, which we've seen the city self destruct over the years, certainly while she was the prosecutor there, and she was the California Tary General, We've seen both Los Angeles, San Frasco, San Diego implode with crime and homelessness. Yeah, she has an involvement and responsibility in all of those things. I mean, she never as California Try General. She never forced California's immigration laws, which led to an overrun of the legal immigrants in the state of California. She over and over again decided not to use a death penalty, including the cases of someone who was a cop killer, a number one of the triple homicide. She was also there, you know, when somebody's trying to get a sex change and a murderer. She used taxpayer dollars to do that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 13: You know what I don't like is a Republican say she's an empty vessel. Right, they've been kind of there's been attack, they've been going on saying that she does whatever she can to to move ahead. I don't like that that that particular perspective because it really absolves her responsibility. She is, in fact a hard leftist. She has proven that both indeed and in a word, I think you you you kind of take some of the responsibility off her when you call her that. So uh, No, I think she takes a lot of responsibility for the problems in California and if you want to repeat of what's happening in San Frisco, yeah, elector as president.
Speaker 3: That's a very good point because I think that accusation is also pretty empty because they have Politicians will all cize things to get her elected. And I think that's really a damning allegation. If you hold her record against her voting record in the Senate, for example, that's pretty pretty poor in itself. Before you go, army, we've had reports today that Israel has killed a top her.
Speaker 2: Mass leader in Iran.
Speaker 3: Is Malhania was targeted and killed in Iran, according to a statement by the country's revolutionary god.
Speaker 2: And this comes army.
Speaker 3: Just hours after Israel killed a Hazbal military leader.
Speaker 2: It's most senior military leader.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and all I can say is thank God and God bless Israel for doing that. Isabel Hania was essentially the president or flash prime minister of the terrorist state of Gaza. Ironically wasn't living in Gaza. He was living in luxury in Qatar, as his people didn't have as they claim, these people don't have food. In fact, do have quite a bit of food that shipped from Israel. By the way, the only time I think in recording history that when you're at war somebody else, you're providing them with food and energy. But yeah, while they are are feeling the brunt of what he did on October seventh, he was living in luxury as a little rat in Qatar, and I think that ultimately we find out how he was murdered, I think will be one of the great stories and another legendary story to add to most sades storied history.
Speaker 1: So I'm very interested.
Speaker 2: That's gonna make it about killing.
Speaker 3: Him and will make an amazing documentary. Maybe you'll put it together. Ami Horowitz, Thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 2: This evening always a pleasure still to come. Isaac Butterfield joins me, after.
Speaker 3: His big win against the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Speaker 2: You're watching the Raid of Pane. He's shown now.
Speaker 3: My next guest took on the Australian Human Rights Commission one. Eighteen months ago. Comedian Isaac Butterfield was taken to the Human Rights Commission over a joke he made on stage. The case has now been dropped in what he's calling a huge win for Australian comedy. Isaac joins me, Now, glad this ordeal is over for you. Isaac, But eighteen months of this legal issue hanging over your head must have been enormously stressful. And when it comes to the Human Rights Commission, it seems often the process is the punishment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was it was quite stressful and not knowing what will come of this interaction with the government body of which I know very little about. The Queensland Human Rights Commission sent a letter to my house. It came to my doorstep, you know, very professional. It was all this legal stuff. I was like, oh my goodness, here I am thinking on a comedian telling jokes when in reality, apparently I'm destroying people's lives. That's a lot for me to take on board, considering that I just do this to make people happy. But you know, it is what it is. Apparently that is the world we live in right now. And as a comedian, I'm very happy for this outcome because it does it leaves, It leaves somewhere for us comedians who like to tread on the boundaries of acceptable, somewhere to go.
Speaker 3: Well, you have got a huge following, more than two million followers on YouTube aloone. You've got big following on Facebook, Instagram, just about every social media side. Did you ever consider changing your approach, changing your content to avoid offending those.
Speaker 2: Who are well, some of them are desperate to be offended.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I've been doing stand up for ten years and I've tried to write clean material.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I'm not clever enough, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 6: I have no interest in it. And it's the I'm saying with content online, I don't have a TikTok presence because I've had about eight accounts taken down for commentary that I've made on certain political issues or issues.
Speaker 1: That are happening in the world.
Speaker 6: So there is a lot of people out there that are easily offended, and I just don't think that a comedy show or somewhere where you're going to pay someone good money to tell you jokes, I don't think that is the place that you should be. If you are easily offended, just don't go.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to it. If you don't like heavy metal music, don't listen to it. It's the same can be said for this.
Speaker 2: And there are plenty of PC comics.
Speaker 3: If you want to go along to a comedy show where the content is more to.
Speaker 2: Your liking, there's no shortage.
Speaker 3: But we are also seeing a research resurgence of bold, brave comedy. The very best comics in the world right now are unapologetically anti woke. You've got Ricky Gervais stage ship hell, the new breed coming through like so theo Whine. I know he's been around for a long time. Andrew Schultz. Is cancel culture dead or is it on life support now? Because a few years ago, just about all these guys would be buried with some of the content they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there is cancel culture.
Speaker 6: It is a cultural thing for these people who see themselves as progressive or easily offended.
Speaker 1: It doesn't necessarily work, though.
Speaker 6: When I get canceled, I get excited because it means I sell more tickets, because more people want to come and see me speak, and not because they're bad people. They just enjoy comedy, and they're there because they know that what I'm saying out of my mouth it isn't real.
Speaker 1: It isn't reality.
Speaker 6: I'm only there for one reason, and that is to say something to make you laugh, and that is it.
Speaker 1: To forget about your life for an hour, an hour and a half. That's it.
Speaker 6: I'm not there to impress anyone. I'm not there to change anyone's political opinion. I'm there to make you laugh.
Speaker 1: That's it. Nothing else. Now.
Speaker 3: One of your videos that did make me laugh, But really, I don't think see this as even Riskay, this just seems to be you giving good logical advice.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look. No, it sounds crazy, but trans women can produce.
Speaker 1: Milk, not a baby. Here's step one.
Speaker 2: You must grow your coconuts.
Speaker 13: After about three to five years of estrogen, you will have fully functional milk ducks from which you can feed a baby.
Speaker 6: Maybe you can also go to a grocery store and pick up a bottle of milk. So once your coconuts are grown, it is time to start producing milk. If you are a biological man and you produce milk, do not feed it to a child.
Speaker 3: Yes, I endorse that message, but that transactivist is one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I've got to say.
Speaker 3: He features regularly on Lefties Losing It. You've got a lot of content to work with out there at the moment, don't you, Because the people share this stuff themselves on social media and it's rich pickings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there is.
Speaker 6: There is a lot of interesting things to focus on, and we can focus on the more horrific things if we want to. We can talk about wars and stuff. But sometimes it's just easy to look at these people and go thankfully that isn't me, thankfully, that's not my life, you know, talking about a trans person producing milk to feed to a child. I don't know what people out there think about that, but anything to do with father's milk is not something that should be fed to a child.
Speaker 1: That's just my honest opinion.
Speaker 3: We don't have the e Safety Commissioner hear that, because she said today a.
Speaker 2: Tweet that said pretty much that.
Speaker 3: Isaac Butterfield, congratulations and thank you so much for your time this evening, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you tomorrow at eleven.
Speaker 2: Good night
Speaker 11: Eight