Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or live stream at Nova fm dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on Nov.
Speaker 3: One hundred, Well, good morning and what came you Tuesday? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Good morning Melbourne? How are we?
Speaker 3: We are good? Lossie? We are sans Clinton?
Speaker 2: Yes, Clinton's finally taking a day off.
Speaker 3: The varpe finally caught up with him. The voice is gone, people.
Speaker 4: He didn't do news last week because he was losing his voice. He came back yesterday. He did one day and.
Speaker 2: His voice was no good.
Speaker 4: So he is at home in bed, resting, hopefully staying in staying home and not talking.
Speaker 2: That's his biggest problem. Did he lose your voice? You need vocal rest?
Speaker 3: No, I see when he loves his voice, he goes to another event. Yeah. Did he follow your advice and go to the chemist and buy one of those vaporizes?
Speaker 2: Probably? There's a lot of I don't feel well, not a lot of.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm going to do to help with because like women are very good at going okay, I've lost my voice. I'm going to go get a steam inhaler or you know, or there's something wrong with me, so I'm going to do something which is going to help. Or I feel like with men, there's a lot of this is wrong with me, and I'm just going to continue to tell you that this is wrong with I'm not going to do anything about it.
Speaker 3: No, we'll just work through it. It'll go away.
Speaker 2: Just give it to you after we've listened to your winging for three months.
Speaker 3: He needs to mixed vapor rub.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I think he needs like a steam room or a vaporizer. You get steam on the vocal cords.
Speaker 3: I went down a rabbit hole the other day. Is poor your fiance.
Speaker 2: Snore only when he's sick, right, because.
Speaker 3: I have a tendency to snore, And you're talking about like a steam room, and you know, I was looking one of those giant mask things.
Speaker 2: Like a sleep up near.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah did you? People swear by them.
Speaker 2: If you're a snorer. But it looks like if you're snoring, you're not getting enough oxygen. Is explained something.
Speaker 4: I've got the handheld steamage just for my voice, but you don't.
Speaker 2: Sleep in it.
Speaker 3: Do you hit that before a karaoke not.
Speaker 2: It's normally after a carrier when I'm trying to get my voice back.
Speaker 3: Share last night, Paul, what's.
Speaker 2: The high notes that really get me?
Speaker 3: Hey, we're got a fan show coming up today, Collingwood fans, we got one of your favorite pars in a little bit later.
Speaker 2: On theles joining us ahead of the finals.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about the.
Speaker 2: Countdown to the finals?
Speaker 3: You heard about the bus heading to it?
Speaker 2: He told you about it last night.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. I have an idea.
Speaker 2: About the pies bars. What are you going on it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: God, no, God, no, you should go on it. You're a Collingwood fan. Great idea. Who thinks, Jason, that wasn't my idea.
Speaker 3: It wasn't my idea.
Speaker 2: I've got an idea.
Speaker 3: I need to push the patterns. You need me here?
Speaker 2: It just can do. It doesn't much better.
Speaker 3: Look, he's sick as well, like people are dropping like flies. You need me here. I did think should we do producer roulette and send one of them on the on the pies?
Speaker 2: But I think you should go okay, because you're the only one in the team that barracks for the pie.
Speaker 3: Okay, The idea be a bit of fun. It is fun.
Speaker 2: It's great fun for you to go on the Pies bus seven o'clock in the morning. I believe they leave on Thursday.
Speaker 3: You mean we leave. Take mccraye. Now, good morning, Melbourne. We're gonna pick sure coming up to tell you about it next. You are on the air with Jo and Lauren today. They say, I don't know what's going on with the weather. The Bureau. They had eighteen today and rain they said rain yesterday. Yesterday was a pearla Well, I think.
Speaker 4: It depends that there's these passing showers and they don't hit the entirety of Victoria or Melbourne, so they might have They might have rained someone else's house, not at yours.
Speaker 3: Are we going to get house specific for the weather now?
Speaker 2: No, not house specific. But it does sometimes like there are passing that it's not saying, it's saying like passing showers.
Speaker 3: And do you feel in me, being a former weather girl the Weather Bureau.
Speaker 4: Not really, I'm not sticking up for them because I used to have to sing out for myself when I would tell people and I'd be like I would rain and it wouldn't It's like, well, we didn't say it would rain in the entire.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to the weather. I'm just doing a cross from a winery. You gotta look just watching.
Speaker 4: You're gonna look at the radar and see if it's rolling in or not, or if it's going to pass over your house.
Speaker 3: When did you go to the dentist last bright and your smile and book an appointment today with E Spentley Dental Group. Visit eb DG dot com dot au. We are on the ice and early thanks to those guys this morning. How's yourday? Yes, sir Lurie, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I did.
Speaker 4: I took it very easy and I finally started watching the Summer.
Speaker 2: I turned pretty eleven years after everybody else. Have you watched it?
Speaker 3: No, I've been told it's like a modern day Dawson's.
Speaker 4: Creek kind of Well yeah, but I because I've only just heard about it.
Speaker 2: But this three seasons, so the first two seasons this summer. Else, that's the best, which is great. No, I'm not complaining, but it's on Prime and when you go to get on it, it instantly takes you to season three. So I went to start it and it said previously on the Summer, and I was like, wait what No, So I've got all the way back to season one. It's very cute.
Speaker 3: I love when you find a show and you realize you've still got three seasons or four seasons.
Speaker 2: It's a good bing. When I climbed into.
Speaker 4: Bed last night at seven thirty, we ate dinner early, and Paul was watching something, and I was like, I'm gonna go upstairs and just climb into bed and put an episode of the Summer d Yeah, I like it. But then he's like, oh, well she's in bed, I'll go too, And then came and sat next to me and then no phone, watching something, and I'm like, can you know, I'm trying to like, if you're going to be if you're going to be away the volume er, you either participate in the activity I'm doing, which is watching the Summer right tend pretty, or you sit and scroll downstairs.
Speaker 3: Hang at hand? Was the volume up on his phone? Yeah? I was like, do that if he wears If he wears headphone.
Speaker 4: It's foot there's no headphones in our bedroom. That's too far, that's too like we are living separate lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on, bro, either invest in the Summer rit ten.
Speaker 4: So he tried to watch about three seconds and he was like, what is this show with sixteen year olds kissing each other and sneaking out?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: I used to love. There's a Pacy and Joey Dawson's crazy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that relationship, you know, they've started working together again.
Speaker 2: I did see that in what She's.
Speaker 3: Producing some sort of film and she's brought Joshua Jackson.
Speaker 4: Joshua Jackson appeared out of Noah about three years ago as like the most handsome roostaurer in the world.
Speaker 3: He was in that new Karate Kid movie as well in years but he's playing Dad Roles now, like he was the dad of a teenager.
Speaker 2: Still very very attractive accent what he was Dawson's Creek. I Reckon I was.
Speaker 3: In I'm going to say ninety eight.
Speaker 2: I Reckon. I was in the eight.
Speaker 3: Stand by two thousand live Google.
Speaker 2: Dawson's Quarantine ninety eight was the first person there you go. There were six seasons in total.
Speaker 3: Fun fact the O C Were you an OC fan? Yeah? I think three seasons? Was it? Yeah? Felt like when longer? But was the OC Misha Barton Yeah, yea yeah, but I feeling the car accident spoiler of how.
Speaker 2: Did we watch Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 3: On the television? Was it just on like on TV Monday nights eight thirty.
Speaker 2: On Channel seven or something?
Speaker 3: Trust me, I was a real wow.
Speaker 2: Of course, I forget like life before streaming And how did we watch the OC? I feel like that was around stream television as well. That was no, that was Fox, So that was like MTV or something. I reckon you needed a cable box to watch the OC.
Speaker 3: Your friends are the dish Hey coming up today, the Great Grocery Giveaway continues. All you have to do is listen out for the truck driver to tell you when to ring. When he does, and then give us a ring of thanks to our mates and Cole's deliver More. You'll score yourself one thousand dollars in grossperers and then on Friday, five thousand dollars Friday. So how this works is if you go to NOVFM dot com dot a, you register of details there and then on Friday we ring someone and.
Speaker 4: That calls deliver or truck could turn up at any time during the show, so keep listening.
Speaker 2: There'll be a couple of chances to win.
Speaker 3: I speaking of winning, if you like to score a cheeky thousand dollars nice and early this morning, stick around. We're gonna be playing a brand new game on the other side of this. Sitting over this is render and you might be completely the wrong person. Did you used to be in a band? Something about your neighbors, the boy next door or something like that. Were you in a band growing up?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you like to sing. No, no, wasn't you.
Speaker 2: In a band with the boy next door?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a friend of mine who was part of a band. It's like Stacy's mum. It was all like they sang about the guy that lived next door, not me. Yeah. Right, So it sounds like something up.
Speaker 2: There, something I do. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, must have been another co host, Simmons homes Builder, trusted by families for over seventy five years, slighting the past to your new home?
Speaker 3: Is it Simmons?
Speaker 2: Do accommodate you jas?
Speaker 5: Thanks to Simon.
Speaker 3: About a few and they all have very weird pass so bait point. Hey your chance you want to check you thousand dollars cash this morning? This is easy. All you have to do is work out we're in Melbourne. We are building now. I reckon the first clue today is a little bit challenging, so I think we are. I think we're maybe give two all.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, we are building somewhere in Melbourne. Lisa and Richmond, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Lake, Hey guys, how are we?
Speaker 3: We are good? You're on the road early this morning?
Speaker 7: Yes, that early, finish early.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: What are you? What do you do?
Speaker 6: Our sales manager for retail?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you in a store or you on the road?
Speaker 6: Now on the road.
Speaker 2: I love that? Right I made who did that? And she loved it. She's in a car all time.
Speaker 3: Like cabri reps and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, like pharmaceuticals or something. She's to drive every stuff.
Speaker 3: Right. Okay, all right, we've got two clothes coming your way. If you can work out whereabouts we are building in Melbourne. Money is yours? Clean? Number one.
Speaker 2: I got my aim from.
Speaker 4: The ship that first brought settlers to its coast in eighteen forty two.
Speaker 3: That's why we're going to give you a second clue.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a second gaes, but do you want to guess anyway?
Speaker 8: No clue.
Speaker 4: I'm known for my long pier where you can sometimes see penguins.
Speaker 2: Oh it's got oh.
Speaker 3: Name, I guess, but not Port Phillip.
Speaker 2: That's not a suburb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, gave you too close to move on from.
Speaker 2: The sack thinking of the island.
Speaker 4: Janetin epic Morning Morning you love sausage dogs, so do I?
Speaker 2: How many do you have?
Speaker 3: What do you just like?
Speaker 7: I had to Bojo and fourteen years used to the last.
Speaker 3: Year on aries the very very much the eat dog at the moment, aren't they? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But if you like Janet and I who got ours fourteen years ago, we were ahead of the park.
Speaker 2: Gotcha when we Janet, we'll pie absolutely all right.
Speaker 4: Let's see if you can guess what suburb we are in. So I'm known for my long per week and sometimes see little penguins and my name is the same as an AFL team.
Speaker 3: Jennet, I was going to stay chillipar got k you spot on one thousand dollars cash, come on your way thanks to seven.
Speaker 6: Times fabulous, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Guys, You're welcome. Sausage dog is scratched from me.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 7: I love them?
Speaker 3: Is it like talking to other people's kids at a part? Do you like, do I ask permission to tap someone's dog?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: They they generally run up to you, right, Okay if it runs up to you, Yeah, that's freaking out.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning Melbourne. It is just go on twenty seven to seven.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 3: You said it yesterday. I'm sort of I tend to agree. This state is going to the dogs.
Speaker 2: I know, didn't that cause some controversy when I said that yesterday?
Speaker 3: Did you see the attempted carjacking in Shocking with a child in the back six pm yesterday? Family coming home to their.
Speaker 2: House a porschball drive was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've driven into the driveway and then two hooded guys six pm it's pretty much still daylight have run in and tried to make their way into the car.
Speaker 2: I mean, thank god they were still in the car with the doors locked, and they didn't get them out because there was a baby in the back.
Speaker 3: Well, the mum got out and then as she got out in the driveway she could see these two guys in hoods running towards us. So she quickly freaked out, jump back in the car, locked the doors. But it's like, mate, the balls on these kids to try and bloody do carjackings.
Speaker 2: We don't know if they were kids who did that one, but whatever is going on needs to stop. He's out of control.
Speaker 3: Lock them up, throw away the key. It's a bit traumatic. I like my dad, my mom isss.
Speaker 2: Did she welk them up and throw away the key?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I'm sort of starting to talk to parents.
Speaker 4: Parents.
Speaker 2: Oh seriously, no more slaps on the wrist. I'm done with the slaps on the wrist. Yeah, I'm maybe getting slaps on the wrist. I'm done with the try better next time. I'm done with it.
Speaker 3: I love them over it. I love when they come out. Go we're trialing ankle bracelets. I'm like, you're trialing them chucking air tag up there? Asse and like you know what I mean, Like we known the Apple store and tag them right now? Why are we trying ankle bracelets. It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the ankle bracelets too.
Speaker 3: Well, like just monitor, I'm not even taking the piss now. It's the same thing as like how we've got air tags on our keys. Like that technology now seems so old. People walking around with these giant ankle bracelets on also terrible. If skinny jeans come back in fashion. You're not going to get that over bloody.
Speaker 2: No, that would be hard, Yeah, it would be Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, all the big issues this morning, it's just gone.
Speaker 4: All the information we are armed with which we're absolutely making up at the moment, it seems it is.
Speaker 3: Just gone twenty five to seven coming up next. I reckon this topic will be quite controversial on the job site.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think it's caused many arguments in people's homes as well.
Speaker 3: Go there after, Lady Garga. Clent is off today. He is resting his vocal callse.
Speaker 2: He needs to rest because he's losing his voice.
Speaker 4: It's been on the on the dcline for about a week now and yesterday was not good vocal rest.
Speaker 2: Do we think he's sitting at home silently.
Speaker 3: No, he's probably him seeing something.
Speaker 2: He's off to leg day.
Speaker 3: If anyone's seeing him roll out of circus this morning.
Speaker 2: If you could keep the sn on Monday night, I don't think it's open.
Speaker 3: He's probably got the keys, to be honest.
Speaker 2: No, feel better soon plenty we miss here.
Speaker 3: Ye, he ain't listening.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me take you to the US. Open you into tennants.
Speaker 3: I used to play when I was a kid. Did you how old we I would have been around fifteen? Do you watch it? I don't mind it. I'm definitely getting into the AO. Yeah, like no, Over the last couple of years, I felt like it's only getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Family.
Speaker 4: Well, no, this Train Open has been massive in terms of an event for a long time. There's a lot of people that go to the AO and just enjoy it without watching the tennis. I love sitting down and actually watching the tennis at home. And it's the US Open at the moment.
Speaker 3: I'm not coming in for the third set.
Speaker 2: The first two I'm like, drag, Yeah, right, you don't have the attentions about it.
Speaker 3: Watch tennis is what put the third set?
Speaker 4: I'm all there, Well, I want to take you to the US Open where Yannick Sinner, who is the world number one at the moment he is. I think he'll probably take out the US Open. But outside of that, he has got people talking. For another reason.
Speaker 2: He checked his phone on court the other day, and I always think it's cheeky when photographers or paparazzi you take a photo of someone's phone. I just don't think you should be allowed to do that.
Speaker 3: What do you mean like looking over their shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could be sending a private text message.
Speaker 3: They could be can you get like, someone tell me there's that a screen protector or something you can get where unless you're looking directly at the phone. Yes, you can't see it.
Speaker 4: It looks like black from Yeah, well Janick Sinner doesn't have that because he checked his phone on court and on the background of his phone was Danish model Laila Hasanovik.
Speaker 2: And now everyone thinks that they are dating.
Speaker 4: You would assume they're dating if she's on the background of his phone, or do you think that it's just like goals, this is the woman I'm chasing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think that's a bit Yeah. I don't think your phone screen should have you know, your potential love interest.
Speaker 2: So the rummill has gone absolutely wild. They are together, Well.
Speaker 3: I would sit there and go if they are together, I would hope that they've been together for quite some time, because I don't think of phone lock screen something to a fleeting love like I don't think you can go early with a phone lock screen.
Speaker 2: How early is too early to have your lover her on your background?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I just put my kids on mine and the eldest one is eleven, No, like, what's on yours at the moment? Only one of my kids?
Speaker 2: Who have you got Archie?
Speaker 3: I've got Archie. He's three, he's in the cute stage. The other ones are eleven and nine, like, they have not cute? No, no, no, no no, I'm just saying they had their time on the phone screen. No, this is his moment. They had a couple of years until he came along.
Speaker 2: And what about your wife and he?
Speaker 3: Oh my, well, she obviously had the phone screen.
Speaker 2: Before the kids came out, when she was in a cute stage.
Speaker 3: Have you got Poorly on yours?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I've got a hot photo from our holiday of a fishing village in Greece.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that look nice?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: I have this because I look at it and I think, keep working hard and you'll get to go back there. Work hard, earn the money.
Speaker 3: Go have the hold. Prior to that, it was you had a couple photo though, didn't you you poor?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But was it a glamour photography shoot? It was like a nice week.
Speaker 2: I had my dog, the sausage dog, for quite sometimes, and I did have Paul for a hot minute, I.
Speaker 3: And surely this would happen amongst the trader's out there thirteen twenty four to ten. Does the missus put pressure to get on the phone screen people?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had gen Z the producer in here for a while. She put it on there and then it just stayed on there.
Speaker 3: People would have thought she was your kid.
Speaker 2: Probably, Oh my lover, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna go mum and daughter thirteen twenty four ten. What's on your phone? Lock screen?
Speaker 2: Mixing minor? But I do think it creates a lot of drama in relationships and couples. Especially. Paul had me on his for a while, and then one day I looked and asked like, oh, yeah, that's a picture.
Speaker 3: Of a park. Because he says one day he'll work hard, he can go to the park. So he looks at it park, but I was not.
Speaker 2: Where did I go?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? And in return I turned it all Archie Brothers vouchers up for grabs or Zendhi's a headphones. These are great sen hi'ser headphones, delivering eighty years of true sound. Switch and hear the difference, so those things have a like threw undred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're awesome.
Speaker 3: What's on your phone lock screen?
Speaker 4: And has it caused controversy in your relationship or in your office or your workplace? Because I reckon blokes rib each other for what they've got in their backgrounds.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Say if you started, like say if you and Paul just got together, right, and you on your second date and you notice he's on you like I was.
Speaker 2: On his lock screen on the second date. Oh no, Nah, that's weird.
Speaker 3: That'd be strong.
Speaker 2: I reckon, it's a year. It takes a year at least.
Speaker 10: Proba.
Speaker 3: Maybe it'd be enough to freak out there.
Speaker 2: Second, have you.
Speaker 4: Seen the trend going around at the moment where people take a photo so like they're sitting in a cafe and there's like a really hot guy over there, so they take a photo, save it as their lock screen, and then they go over and say, excuse me, would you mind taking a photo of me and my friend?
Speaker 2: They hand the photo and they're in the background.
Speaker 3: And they're like, oh my god, we're a guy similar.
Speaker 2: Everyone laughs. They do it, but there's big groups.
Speaker 3: The guy came to hang the TV at our house, take one of those art TVs and he goes, you know, he goes, if we're having people over for lunch and stuff, I'll download a photo of their family, like bare family portrait, and he goes, And then I just have it on my living room TV and people walking for the barbecue being like, why have you got a photo of my family photo? Thirteen twenty four ten, what's on your lock screen? You know how a lot of people go through like an artist stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but and people put like fitspol on their lock screen too, So you look at it and then you go, I'm not gonna I'm not going to reach for the pack of the chips.
Speaker 2: I've got Giselle on the back of my phone as a reminder of what I could look like.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're talking phone lock screens this morning, thirteen twenty four to ten Dean in Sint Kildaese. What's on your phone?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 11: Well, in my past life, I used to run big parties and I've got a photo with me and in the sparecase of boutique nightclub, thinking that we're rock stars. Sonny's on drinks in hand. It's a great shot.
Speaker 4: So it's you, your you and your I was I was a I was a Friday night boutique specialist back in the day.
Speaker 2: I was. So, what year are we going back to Dean?
Speaker 11: Look, I've done it for twenty years. I did it for twenty years. So and I did a lot of there when the Friday night was there. So we used to do one off parties there as well.
Speaker 4: So you too, clean down away and I we were there every Friday night. We'd go to fog and then we'd go to Bouotaque.
Speaker 3: You indeed could have I mean, did you have a passionate one on the dance floor there? Okay? Right, I wish I had. You both had that in common. Walked out with no one.
Speaker 2: I didn't walk. I didn't always will go with no one, but I always knew them. It was I was not a stranger on the dance floor kind of girl. Right, I'd had my eye on the price for weeks. If I was going to have a passion on the dance floor, yeah, a dirty club pash. Whether random ever been to that? No? Well not, there was significant enough for me to remember it at least ver right, Okay, no offense, Deane.
Speaker 3: If it was you James in parked Our good morning, good morning guys. We're good mate. What's on your phone lock screen?
Speaker 12: So on the iPhones you can do like a slieshow essentially all photos?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mean changing one of those digital photo frames my name used to have where it changes after thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: Got on.
Speaker 12: You've got a partner, and it's just photos of her, So not with me, friends or anything like that. And it's just any photo you can think of. So we had yeah, good and bad mainly had.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Does she love it or hates it?
Speaker 3: Hates it?
Speaker 12: Now she hates it. When I'm out with friends, I'll whatped the phone and it'll be a picture of her like a Victimer nose or yeah, you double pig had On.
Speaker 2: There's two types of men out there.
Speaker 4: There's the ones that are like, look how beautiful my wife, my girlfriend is, and I've got this stunning photo of her on the background, and and.
Speaker 2: It's her birthday. I'm going to put up a photo of her looking at a million bucks, and people like James and my Paul, the worst photo ever taken.
Speaker 3: Because we're so comfortable in the relationship. You were the pig hat on it. It's still attractive to us. That's what it is, isn't it, James, to make me laugh every time? We don't need the glamour shots. Were happy to see you in your your raw prime state.
Speaker 2: Well that's fine, but you don't need to have it for everyone else to see.
Speaker 3: Some of my favorite photos of hungover eat nuggets on the couch. I'm like, there's my girl.
Speaker 2: You have their private moments, they're not for the iPhone locks.
Speaker 3: Three minutes, it will come up just quickly, James. If I was to do that, does it face recognize any photo of her in the album? Because you'd have to be careful. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want them popping up on the background. The nerds if you've got nerds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eat at the cafe, paying with your phone?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, put it away? Low your fox.
Speaker 3: In Ballarat? Cold there this morning.
Speaker 13: Born and Jason Lauren Cody every morning every morning in Ballarat?
Speaker 2: Isn't it ye?
Speaker 3: Who's on your phone? Screened up?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 13: I can tell you right now it's certainly not the only child that we have.
Speaker 6: Just yep.
Speaker 13: Don't want to see him every day anyway.
Speaker 2: But did he get cracked about that?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's Jack.
Speaker 13: You might know Jack, And yeah he does. He says all the time. Don't have me on your phone screen because I've got our four border collis.
Speaker 3: Oh your dog mom? You do mom?
Speaker 13: Yeah, first and foremost a dog mum, and then you know the human happened to be there somewhere as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But if you start out a dog mum, you're an animal lover. That's is that work experienced? Jack's mum? Yeah, yeah, we only know one Jack. Oh, let's go to Troy.
Speaker 2: Is Jack the video?
Speaker 3: Jack? We know too? Jack's Hey, Troy, how you doing good? Mate? Not bad?
Speaker 2: Has your background's got you in trouble before? Troy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Has?
Speaker 8: I've got a souped up for drive that I absolutely love.
Speaker 3: I forgot car guys, car guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I had that as me lock strain for a good year and a half and I decided to resolve the issue by just having a photo of her with the car.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm was she happy with the compromise?
Speaker 8: I do think that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So was there a conversation had Troy, I want to be on the background, You've got to put me ahead of.
Speaker 2: The what the car is?
Speaker 8: It like a direct conversation, But there was a lot of small deeds over a certain amount of time, and I was a good compromise. It was a good photo. First good photo.
Speaker 4: Hey Da, let's go into your photo shoot with the car or did you just happen to snap her with the car in the background.
Speaker 8: Every time we go on a four driving through I tend to tack a lot of photos and it was a good one of both the car and her.
Speaker 2: Who everybody wins?
Speaker 3: Who looks nice to Troy lang Cruiser or the Misso think carefully answer, do not answer not a trick question. Well, good morning everybody, and welcome you Tuesday, another day more groceries to go, our sixty k grocery giveaway, all thanks to our mates Cole's deliver More. When you hear the Coles deliver More truck driver t you to ring hit the phones. You score a thousand bucks in groceries.
Speaker 2: That could be happening any minute now.
Speaker 3: Jason, Yeah, it will happen sometime this hour, so make sure you're listening. I was just chatting with our next guest outside the studio. Jeremy Howe is in from the Pies.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are playing in Adelaide. Yeah, I'm just looking up to see if there's any flights left, if you can actually, oh Prices, let me have a look because it's Thursday night, isn't it. That's going to be quite a game.
Speaker 3: I do you reckon? This was little patronizing. He asked me how I went at the dad's football game, and I said, I shanked a free kick.
Speaker 2: Didn't actually even shank it. You never actually took the kick.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I'm coming to the wrong person for support here, but I just saw a cheeky smile on him and he goes yes. Or the video you really shut the bed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Really did, Like you actually got the free kick, and you didn't. You didn't even lie up to take the kick. You just stood there and tried to ham pass it and jogged on the spot.
Speaker 3: Until you've got tackled videos on socials if you want some inspiration, All right, pies taken on the Crows. It is going to be a massive game this week. Jeremy joins us. On the other side of this right across in Melbourne, you are listening to Nober one hundred. Good morning, forty finals are here. It's going to be one hell of a match later on this week in Adelaide Pies against Crows.
Speaker 4: We get to September and there is excitement in the air in Melbourne even though Thursday night's game is not here in Melbourne, it is over in Adelaide. It is one v four Adelaide versus the Pies.
Speaker 2: And joining us this morning is Jeremy.
Speaker 3: How Good morning, Good morning. Thanks having me.
Speaker 2: Firstly, how are you. How's your injury going?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's actually from where it started to where it is, it's trending really well. So I've had a really good first nine days post injury and yeah, been able to get a significant amount of working.
Speaker 2: So is it you're groin Yeah?
Speaker 3: Heard.
Speaker 9: It's an aductor strain, so a reoccurrence of the similar injury that happened about a month ago, but I was a little bit more significant this time. So We've been able to get plenty in and I've been training pretty hard. I've made up some time, which is pleasing.
Speaker 3: But because did they originally say you're out for the season. Yeah, so they gave me like a I was pretty much a four to six type window originally, and then.
Speaker 9: Given that I injured at the first time, I'd get a fee bit of work in pre it's helped me bounce back to this one really relatively quickly.
Speaker 3: So have we just got to rest it. We weren't really in a position to rest it.
Speaker 9: So if the injury happened in June, it's a lot different than the way that you treated in August. So now that finals come around, we've entered September, you've got to get pretty aggressive with it.
Speaker 4: That's what the week off between the season and the finals some people love and some people hate, but for someone like you, it must be great.
Speaker 3: Another week Yeah, I'll welcome to it, and that's why.
Speaker 9: And then fortunate enough at top four position that if the boys could manage to go extra well and get it done, buys me another two weeks, which would be nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Otherwise you've got you it's a tough call. So if they go down to the Crows, then you've got to decide whether you play the next match. But if you've gone too early, then you might not be up to the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: And that.
Speaker 3: It's a discussion that you have.
Speaker 9: But given a given what's on the line and what's required to play like, it's hard enough, but finals is a different kettle the fish, So you'd have to be very sure that you're good to go, and yeah, you'd definitely be touching go.
Speaker 4: So what is the vibe around the Collingwood Football Club like at the moment, because I love this time of year.
Speaker 2: There's a buzz in the air, isn't that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think you nailed it.
Speaker 9: I think this time as soon as September hits, the weather changes, everyone gets a whiff of finals and then just puts you in a.
Speaker 3: Really exciting frame of mind.
Speaker 9: And you look at this this final series in particular, I think the eight sides that are in it, you can mount a really strong case for who's who's playing well, who's got a chance to.
Speaker 3: Win it all? Who's your gut? What's your Gutso outside.
Speaker 2: Of us, really yeah, he's going to say another team, no.
Speaker 3: No, as in who would like the pis v? Who? In the end, I love the way Geelong I've obviously been playing really strong come out of nowhere though everyone else.
Speaker 9: People always talk about the draw that they've had, But you only play who's in front of you, and they play some really strong footy and a lot of the way that they play.
Speaker 2: So Collingwood versus Geelong Final, can you imagine he laughing at.
Speaker 3: Me trying to get involved in footy questions. Now I played one game you're playing.
Speaker 2: He often says about things they just came out of nowhere. It's a bit of a.
Speaker 3: Well just I feel like there hasn't been much talk about Geelong, like a lot of it was us getting the Collie Wobbles and Adelaide at the top. You know, they Geelong of just cruised along.
Speaker 9: To be fair, they're playing probably the most consistent footy throughout so there they've put himself in a great position to take on Brizzy at the g and that's the game for me.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm a footy fan, so look at all the games, like I'm actually.
Speaker 9: Excited to watch them all because they're all blockbusters and you don't you don't actually know which way they're all going to get when.
Speaker 4: You're injured, because I know some players when they're injured, they actually can't even watching it because they're too frustrated.
Speaker 2: Do you sit in the stands and watch? What do you say it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Will you go over to Adelaide or you're be at home?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I definitely won't travel, but if the boys are playing here, I'd go. How do you go, well, I still get in the change rooms two and a half hours pre game, so you almost feel like you're a part of it. You get around to make sure you get the touch and a half hours pre game, two and a half hours pre game.
Speaker 3: Got the death football match. I rocked up with tenbes to go. I thought.
Speaker 9: You so, yeah, but it's challenging watching like you're feeling that you get in the one I get Pomo really bad be but to the feeling of like knowing that you can't really contribute on field is really hard to really hard to take. But yeah, the guys are training well. They put himself in a great position to take on Adelaide and real excited to watch.
Speaker 3: Just quickly, I did mention the Dad's footy match. You watch the video any feedback.
Speaker 9: So we've got this. We've actually got this thing that would hold you in good stead. We call it don't no happy feet. So when you get the ball or a free kick or a mark, don't don't like kind of the penguine.
Speaker 2: Do something like don't run on the spot because he runs.
Speaker 3: Cough it up.
Speaker 9: It's easy to turn over And unfortunately that's kind of probably what happened in your scenario, happy feet, but it was just good to see you get out there and to tag it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's exactly right. So with the other thing he needed to learn was the rules. That would have been a good start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I knew the free kick man just stop the game, I would have taken my time, you know, real near the whistle. It's an opportunity to take a breath. So, oh, tell you worry, I was focusing on breathing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, there is a real rivalry between Adelaide and Collingwood. We've seen a.
Speaker 4: Couple of games where it's been very physical. There's also been some controversy in games with Isaac crankin between Adelaide and Collingwood. Do you think that that the Pies players will go into it with a bit more fire in the belly?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: With how that plays out, I think that the fans will have a genuine thirst for the game more than more than ever. But yeah, for us, I think our last ten games against the Crows has been really, really close, So we've been fortunate enough to pip them on most of those occasions. But then on the weekend when we played in a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, they got us by three, and that game could have gone either way. You know, we'll plus thirty three inside fifties, which and not winning a game is pretty outrageous, but their defense is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's an exciting game.
Speaker 9: It's one of those ones that if the boys knew that they were going to play Adelaide, there was a hungry to get back on plane and get back over there. So they're excited, willing to get over there and attack and to see how they go.
Speaker 3: Look like it's very expensive. If figure us need help getting over there. I've heard they're running buses that the PI a lot of buses.
Speaker 2: I think they're leaving at seven thirty on Thursday morning. Yes, but not for the players.
Speaker 3: Not for the players.
Speaker 2: Jase being a huge Collingwood found, I'm trying to get him on the bus.
Speaker 3: Are you beyond there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do people get a seat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So I think it's one hundred and thirty bucks in the club of the cover paying half of it, which is great initiald for the club. There's five buses are going to be heading over at least for those guys win, because otherwise it is a gream tree pome on the bus depends how you look at it.
Speaker 2: Well, the good thing is Colin will get a second chance. Yeah, by the way, so they'll definitely be two games.
Speaker 4: So it's normally two hundred and sixty five, but it's one hundred and thirty two dollars if you want to travel with the Collingwood members. The Pies are subsidizing half of the two hundred, which is great.
Speaker 3: The vibe would be amazing heading over for that, absolutely, that'd be exciting. Bustrif over and hopefully and even better one on the way back.
Speaker 2: Good luck to your Pies and we hope we see you out there one sept I'll go back.
Speaker 3: To Jeremy Howe join us on the air from the Pies. It is just going twenty one past seven the weekend Starboy, Good morning Melbourne. It is right on seven thirty. You are on the air with Jason Lauren. Where sands Clint today? He's at home resting up.
Speaker 4: Rest up, brother, yeah, restors back. We've told him complete vocal rest.
Speaker 3: Stay away from all MC microphones and nightclubs.
Speaker 2: Do not say a word, stay in your house, stay warm, do not talk to anyone.
Speaker 3: We need to send over a little white boardens and markers.
Speaker 2: Texting he lives alone. He didn't need to write it down.
Speaker 3: He can hold up to the mirror.
Speaker 2: He can send text to everybody else.
Speaker 3: Jason Lewes sixty k Grostreak it away week, give it a week, Give it a queen. So we've flated some pretty cool prices over the years. We've sent you to see some of your favorite acts around the world. But if there is something we know that you need, it's groceries paid for.
Speaker 4: That's right, Cole's deliver More are delivering groceries to you.
Speaker 2: We have so much money to give away.
Speaker 3: You can shop Cole's deliver More for an extend of range, on time delivery and next to no substitutes. Shop online or in the app available and select areas only. All right, let's go to the farns and upload thousand dollars worth of groceries to each of these callers.
Speaker 2: Nichol good morning, Oh hello, are you going good? You got two kids twelve and fifteen? I bet they eat a lot, yes, bottomless kits. Well there you go.
Speaker 4: Thanks to col deliver More, you got a thousand dollars in groceries coming your way.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: He's welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey, quick reminder, if you don't get through on the phones, we're gonna do this again later. But if you don't get through on the phones, go to an over fm dot com dot au and you can register your details there and then we do five thousand dollars Fridays where someone wins five k worth of groceries.
Speaker 2: Margaret and shrugg and Nina, goodness, golly gracious me. You have five children?
Speaker 10: Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: How much food do you go through in your house? Yes?
Speaker 10: We go through so much food.
Speaker 3: What's there? What's the ages there? What are they range from?
Speaker 10: They're still living at home. I have them from thirty The eldest is thirty four and they range all the way down to twenty.
Speaker 3: Marre all at.
Speaker 4: Home, Margaret, good mum, yeah, over thirty out the door, come on, Yeah, I think my mum's attitude.
Speaker 10: They're buying houses and they're moving in, moving out. Yeah, coming in and out.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: We all go home to save your coin when we want to try and find a place of our own.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a great mum, Margaret.
Speaker 4: And thanks to Colls delivering more, I've got a thousand dollars in groceries coming your way.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Now, when you've got five kids, do you have a secret drawer that no one else is allowed to go in with your own snacks and your favorite things?
Speaker 10: Everyone has to share, oh, Mark, anyone brings food home, they have to share it with everyone. That's my rule.
Speaker 2: Except for you, Margaret. You should have your own stash.
Speaker 3: Your attitude is very different than my parents. So I got three other sisters and they went through this similar thing. They'd move out, Yeah, we've all done it, and then they'd move home and they're renewing and stuff. And I remember after the second time, my dad was like, we're changing the locks.
Speaker 2: Oh that was nice that.
Speaker 3: It's just like we want to downsize. We're living in a five better just so you kids can rent over.
Speaker 2: Have you have kids, We're welcome home anytime. That's the rules in my house.
Speaker 3: My kids aren'tless.
Speaker 2: They're not welcome home once.
Speaker 3: Of course they are, but like, you can't be taking the piss you know.
Speaker 2: No, but it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's expensive to buy a house and you're to save up. Even rentals expensive.
Speaker 3: I thought kids leave and you go on cruise ships. That's how someone sold it to me. That's what happens a cruise hips. We were talking about the Poop Cruise yesterday, that docco on Netflix.
Speaker 2: That is a documentary I will never ever watch. Did you watch it? Had you already seen it?
Speaker 3: I didn't watch it. I lived through it. Oh, I had massive dramas at your heart, Laren, I cannot explain what I went through yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: But didn't we go through this two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Yep, and we're doing this dance again. It got quite groom yesterday or running through what happened next yesterday? Yes we were talking about situations. There was the Virgin flight on the way back from Bali where it took off with one toilet already broken.
Speaker 2: It's too common at the moment this toilet issue.
Speaker 3: So the other two toilets broke mid air, so passengers were asked to pee in bottles.
Speaker 2: It's just the fact that that plane did not land is crazy.
Speaker 3: And then of course there's the new docco on Netflix, Poop Cruise. Have you seen the Poop Cruise doc o on Netflix? It was about a cruise ship. They got handed plastic bags to do their business in dog poop bag or like the Virgin flight, they got told just to do it on top of whatever's in the toilet.
Speaker 2: That is not a real story.
Speaker 3: It's a real story. It's on the dock yesterday. We're laughing about it. We're having fun.
Speaker 14: I was not.
Speaker 2: I was appalled for everyone that was involved.
Speaker 3: Karma has bit you on the arta.
Speaker 2: What have you done? What's happened?
Speaker 3: So I get home yesterday? The time, yes, it was around lunchtime, right, and.
Speaker 2: We left here very early yesterday.
Speaker 3: What did you do? I thinks did like what? Oh my god, it's like coming a second wife.
Speaker 2: Stopped because you said I want to get out of here early and go home today.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 2: What did you do? For three?
Speaker 3: God? What are you tracking me?
Speaker 2: No? Because you just caught get caught up in your own life.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I just had a house keeping stuff. I had to go to the shops and house.
Speaker 2: I love it when your story is now, let's get out of here early this morning because I want to get home.
Speaker 3: I had things to do. Okay, I need to get a quote on the front tie because I remember I got that oh yep, gape dog.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I don't actually care where you are, just like watching.
Speaker 3: Who put the heat up in here? Anyway, get home.
Speaker 4: At lunch time, had three hours to yourself in between to get home at lunchtime, and then what happened.
Speaker 3: I've gone to the bathroom right now, kids are lazy upstairs, downstairs, downstairs, kids are lazy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We are constantly saying to our kids, shut the toilet seat, flush the toilet. They can be lazy, just flush the bloody toilet. Guys. Yeah, kids are lazy.
Speaker 2: Is that even lazy or just kind of like you're distracted?
Speaker 3: Sorry, kids are feral and lazy, Feryl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I walked into the bathroom and the toilet had like toilet paper. It was like someone had been there. Yeah, tell me, terrible's happened. And I hadn't flushed. So I'm like, I start swearing a blood of kids. So I flushed the toilet. As I flush it, the tide is starting to come in quite strong. Again.
Speaker 2: This happened in your house two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Water is rising and I'm like, oh, this is not.
Speaker 2: It's hard because you can't stop the flush.
Speaker 3: Can't stop it, Lauren, can't stop it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: It stopped probably five centimeters.
Speaker 2: It stops before the top five.
Speaker 3: Centimeters five centimeters from the top it stopped right, So I'm like, where's the plunger. This is rock bottom. Where's the plunger? So get the plunger.
Speaker 2: But did you think, hey, this happened last week. Maybe there's a big issue at play.
Speaker 3: Agreed, but we need to deal with the current issue. So I start plunging the toilet. Water starts going down a little bit. I'm like, well that's good, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't think it's time to get in an expert.
Speaker 3: Again, still dealing with the current problem. I take the plunger into the after it.
Speaker 2: Because last time it was overnight and you told the kids to the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, the servo and while you're there, get that out of chocolate. So I've taken the plunger into the laundry sink. So I'm like, oh, wash the plunger. Right as I've gone into the laundry sink, I see where the water's gone. So now the tide is rising in the laundry sink because.
Speaker 2: I plunged the toilet waste from the toilet coming.
Speaker 3: Up through the pipes in the laundry laundry See different pipes, all the pipes they're connected, are they? So I start freaking out. So I start plunging the laundry sink.
Speaker 2: No, it would be like a sea saw. Then it we'll go back to the other.
Speaker 3: Place, spot on Lauren. So I go back to the toilet. Forget that little five centimeter buffer we are now. It was like an infinity pool, you know, when it's right on the edge. So last time the plumber was out, God love him, Don.
Speaker 2: Because I couldn't call a plumber. You wanted to use your friend's dad.
Speaker 3: Well, he is a plumber. He knows what he's doing and he's still on the tools.
Speaker 2: Get a plumber.
Speaker 3: He's a plumber.
Speaker 2: He fixed he didn't Don. Don did not do a good.
Speaker 3: John did good. And Don's back there today.
Speaker 2: Done not good.
Speaker 3: So you know what I had to do yesterday?
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 3: How to get a big bit of tupple where And had to start.
Speaker 15: Filling it from the back toilet and they would carefully walk down the hallway to the on sweet because the sweet a different pipe, and I will carefully walk down and then pour it into the on sweet toilet and.
Speaker 3: Flush that.
Speaker 2: Using the toilets.
Speaker 3: You just go and put it on the But it's the infinity pool. I can't leave it like I need to get.
Speaker 2: There, put in the garden and host it down.
Speaker 3: He's not going to pour pool water in the garden.
Speaker 2: Well, you're just putting it in another bathroom.
Speaker 3: You just told me it's all connection, that one separate.
Speaker 2: How did you know that?
Speaker 3: Because Don the plumber Tom not good.
Speaker 2: Don is not good. I would not be trusting big Don dons.
Speaker 3: Don't say that. We could be listening. Don, you're doing grave see there today?
Speaker 2: Why don't you get a different plumber. If that plumber munked it up the first time.
Speaker 3: Now he didn't muck it up, he fixed the problem today. We're going to send a camera down there. God, that'll be a fun movie to see.
Speaker 2: If there's a hole in the park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there could be a blockage.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think one of the children has flushed a lego man or a barbie or here is my predicament.
Speaker 3: My predicament is who clogged the toilet? Well, no, if someone, someone in the house has clogged it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's if it's a someone issue.
Speaker 3: If it's a pipe issue, but someone in the house has clogged it.
Speaker 2: Because there can be a crack in the pipe underground, and then the mud runs in and.
Speaker 3: That could be that, or someone's clobbed it.
Speaker 2: Or Dondon's done it. Because he just wants you to keep them in business. He has to pop around.
Speaker 3: Every two weeks. My question is this morning, thirteen twenty four to ten, what have you done that you have never owned up to? What are you planning on taking to the grave?
Speaker 4: Because someone at our friend's house party thirtieth birthday until a couple of weeks ago and they found something had been flushed down there, so someone arry items someone at the party had done that wasn't a bloke.
Speaker 3: We know we're in the clear. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Can I give you that? Can much?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? What have you done that you have never owned up to? Maybe you borrowed someone's card with something by.
Speaker 2: Example, you should own up to something right now that you've never We.
Speaker 3: Are out of time in return you do yesterday? Well, I have two hundred dollars Archie Brothers vouchers up for grabs. Otherwise we can head to Specsavers. You can score a four hundred dollars our to drop at spec Savers. Thirteen twenty four to ten no names. What have you done?
Speaker 2: Off your chair?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What have you done that you've never owned up to? Maybe borrowed someone's car, got up to know good in that. Maybe you've kissed someone you shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're kissing someone you.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. What have you done that you've never owned up to? Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We are asking what have you done that you've never owned up to? Sarah and Frankston, Good morning, Welcome on the show.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 3: How are we all? We're good? I said, no names or suburbs. Sarah from Frankie you no, no, it could be Debbie from packing him on the line.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sarah, take us back. When was the year? How long ago?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, it was about three years ago and my son lost his teeth to his car and we were looking everywhere.
Speaker 2: Told them, yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Ended up having to get a locksmith out, paid six hundred dollars to get the car us. Yeah, about two hours after the locksmith left, I found them in my hand bag because I've gone out to his car to get something out of it, and I still to this day have not owned up to it.
Speaker 4: Take it to the grave, sister Sarah, how many times did you say to him that day?
Speaker 2: You're so irresponsible. If you can't your keys, you don't deserve a car's Lauren.
Speaker 7: That's exactly where I say, And I'm like, do you need to get your shit together like it was so.
Speaker 4: You could never never, ever ever tell him. I hope your name's not really Sarah, and I hope you're not really from Frankston.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. Or have you never owned up to Melbourne? We're asking on thirteen twenty four ten, what have you never owned up to?
Speaker 2: There are some things that you just think. I'm going to take it to the grave. I don't ever need to tell anyone this, but maybe it's eating you up inside and today's the day to get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Cam. I'm thirteen twenty four ten, Cam, Hi morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Now are you?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say you happy for us to say your name, but we've already said Cam, what have you done that you haven't owned up to?
Speaker 10: So about ten years ago I saw a pen at a window, smashed it and I blamed her on.
Speaker 2: A bird great at home or at school?
Speaker 6: At home?
Speaker 8: Mom like went running downstairs to mum saying a bird just flew into the window.
Speaker 6: She went downstairs looking for the bird.
Speaker 10: It cost her I think like three hundred and sixty dollars to replace.
Speaker 2: I never said a single word.
Speaker 3: Brilliant. Well done, cam Katie and Ashburton.
Speaker 4: We're looking for the bird. You would have felt bad when mum's out there trying to fix the baby, but you.
Speaker 3: Live the lie then, Yeah, I saw a fly off Mum to someone who's not bad, you're a good lie. Thank you, thank you. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. Hi, Hello, what are you taking to the grave?
Speaker 2: Oh it's so bad.
Speaker 6: I could not believe I'm saying it.
Speaker 12: So I used to for a family, and I was seventeen, and I slept with the dad.
Speaker 3: Well that escalated from the bird in the window, didn't I was dad with mum all of a suddenly, Oh yeah, window and the bird.
Speaker 2: I mean dad's a dirty dog. No, yeah, yeah dad.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, let's break this down. So no, I we're not okay, wow.
Speaker 2: Jeez, yeah wow, that's true.
Speaker 3: Dad never got caught. Seven thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Here we go, Anonymous, what do you got for us?
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys, how are you?
Speaker 3: We're good?
Speaker 6: Now, that's good, that's good. Okay, So this is nineteen years with held internally, but I actually popped off at the aisle saying our wedding.
Speaker 5: Beard, you did that?
Speaker 3: She left alone, She left Fluffy off the chain during the wee.
Speaker 2: He was saying, was it silent? Was one of those silent but deadly ones? Or did everyone hear it?
Speaker 6: Was absolutely silent but deadly deadly?
Speaker 2: And what did her raiment on the on the celebrate?
Speaker 6: So he thinks it's a celebrant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you still together?
Speaker 6: Still married? Nineteen years? On the celebrant?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 6: Was our sister in law?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah right so his sister? So yeah, right to this day, like that's.
Speaker 9: Ye.
Speaker 2: And did anyone reference it at the time, like were people aware of it or just.
Speaker 3: What it has been? A look?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? The best man was aware of this smell? Yeah, yes, I love that?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 2: Has it come up in conversation many times?
Speaker 6: One hundred times?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you ever talk about the wedding thing? I remember what my sister did.
Speaker 6: Remember sometimes I can feel my face going red.
Speaker 3: Here we go, just forgetting through. We got tickets to the IF one that's a right F one season open and returns to Melbourne. Don't miss the Formula one Katar Ways Australian Grand Prix. It's happening next March. Tickets are on sale September tenth at Grand Prix dot com dot au. All right, let's go to the.
Speaker 2: Phone, Sally from Marbina. Congratulations the tickets to the Australian Grand Prix. Yours amazing, Thank you so much, No worries.
Speaker 3: So you've got tickets to the Formula one and you want to go to the medium question for five hundred, five hundred dollars? What do you do with yourself something?
Speaker 6: I'm a teacher?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Hew and hew.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not sure that'll help you with the question.
Speaker 2: Be one straight away though, even I knew this one, and.
Speaker 3: That's saying a lot. Okay, Sally, rolls are simple. You will hear a question, you will hear a three to one. You must answer within that time. Okay, okay, all right. For five hundred dollars, here's your question.
Speaker 1: Who directed the latest Great Gatsby movie?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I have one.
Speaker 2: One of Australia's famous In fact, I would say Australia's most famous director, Basloan.
Speaker 13: That's why.
Speaker 2: Also did more on rouge.
Speaker 3: Of course, could be worse. Could be a media teacher that were to come back to.
Speaker 2: Buy Yeah, drama teacher.
Speaker 3: Yeah in trouble, Sally, you're not walking away empty handed? Tickets to the f one coming your way down.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fantastic, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: No ways, what's good? Do you work out? You want to give it a shout out?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I won't because I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, enrollments are down this month.
Speaker 2: Good on, y' sally, have a great day.
Speaker 3: We will play again this time tomorrow. Everyone gets on here this week to have a crack at the five k question? Will we INFORMU the one tickets? Just go on seventy past eight next, luddie.
Speaker 4: I had a girl's dinner last week and it's still going and a boy from school popped up in conversation and something very embarrassing happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, it happens. This is what we do, chicks. We sit around, catch up on old times and then put our foot in it.
Speaker 3: Generally, you are on that noble one hundreds I am. I'm going through the back catalog of I'm Late to the party on this but they call Me Daddy podcast?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what have you been listening to? If you listen to I knew you were going to say that for friend death.
Speaker 4: I think maybe when I went on to listen to call Me Daddy the other day, I think they've re published it pop back up the top. Maybe that's why something, because it only popped up on mine again the other day. God Heaven help, it's the worse news.
Speaker 3: I should have come to the girls LUNs last week.
Speaker 2: I went to girls dinner. Are you what social media platforms?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 3: Insta? I open Facebook every two years and that's it. Do the snapchat? Oh?
Speaker 2: Thank god, that would be weird if you were. I think. I don't have a TikTok account, but I've got the TikTok app, so I can text nowm No, that's Twitter, Dad, TikTok. No, we don't you do?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I am still in my thirties. I don't have a TikTok account. I've got TikTok, so sometimes I can. You can just open the app and scroll other people's and you can search the things, and much like you, I have a Facebook account that I thought was deactivated, but it's still there and there's no one on it.
Speaker 2: It's just there. I think I had it when I first started in radio and you were like joined some community groups' fun things.
Speaker 3: Remember your birthday and everyone would post.
Speaker 4: Happy birth the other reason you can find people's birthdays and you're not sure, but my.
Speaker 2: Dad is on it.
Speaker 4: So occasionally Dad away like love if you say what I posted on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Oh no yet, Dad, let me just go have a look. And it was very cute. Actually, the other day he posted he caught up with his footy team from fifty years ago.
Speaker 3: No, not the homey.
Speaker 2: It was like eight of them footy club did a reunion.
Speaker 3: Did they play a game or they just go for a beer.
Speaker 2: And like mid seventies and there was eight in his team that were there. I'm like, that's that's really cool. And social media can be such a pain, but it can also be great to keep people connected. So they put an invitation up there they went to that.
Speaker 4: So I'd gone on to look at that and I noticed that I had a friend request from this guy I went to school with. And I don't know, we're still requesting people to be friends on Facebook parents, it was like from two days.
Speaker 3: Ago, Oh gee, she's fresh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, this guy was the hottest guy at my school. He was four years older than me.
Speaker 3: Not telling can we just get first note? No initials?
Speaker 2: No, come on, no, because I don't want him to hear this. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: What's about it? Something like Chad, let's say Chad Toby No, Christian Williams. Get you go? Yeah, you go for a William.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he added me on Facebook and I was like, now he was four years above me, and he was in the athletics team, and some of my friends were in the athletics team. So I just watched them and we'd all be like, oh, look like we're teenagers and he was eighteen and he looked like a man. Then you know, and we're here for Chad and I haven't seen him since the day he finished year twelve.
Speaker 3: Anyway, how's the profile furder?
Speaker 2: Oh we did it well.
Speaker 4: So one of the girls brought up in conversation, oh my god, I bumped into that guy from school the other day. He's friends with another school dad, and she'd recognized him and was like, oh my god. And to keep in mind, I finish school twenty years ago. He finished four years before that, so nearly twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, that's funny you say that because I just opened Facebook the other day and he'd added me as a friend. She was like, show me. So then we went on it and I was like, here's the request, and somehow I have waved at him. So waving is the new poking about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When did they take poke away? I don't know anyway. So then I tried to unwave, like by pushing it again, thinking it would unwave at him and he would never see it, and it said you have waved again.
Speaker 3: He's like, geez, she's when I'm strong.
Speaker 2: So now I've waved him twice.
Speaker 3: Did you accept the friendship?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't really busy waving.
Speaker 2: I deactivated the face book page. Will he ever know that I've waited him twice?
Speaker 3: Yes, he will. How did he look as he still got it? M because I see it Clint the other.
Speaker 2: Day, right, we did a deep dive, very happily marry, beautiful family. This is where it gets weird. I haven't seen this guy in twenty five years, and I know his children.
Speaker 3: Look like God. Someone really went in deep, didn't they?
Speaker 2: Girls?
Speaker 3: You know this is what chickster has. He still got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still had so not as I reckon, I reckon, he peake, didn't you twelve?
Speaker 3: Because I said to Clint the other day, I'm like, look at these guys in the office who were forty. I'm looking at them like a man. Look how grown up and old you look? Clint? Were their age? Do you think we look old to.
Speaker 4: No, because they're here in suits looking like grown ups. You're in a pink hoodie trying to hold onto your ut.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is we don't look forty.
Speaker 2: No, you look like you think you've still got it. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: Back to a print said he's like, we've still got it?
Speaker 2: Man, No, you think you've still got it. That's a big difference.
Speaker 3: I'm churning out of the first bit. All I'm here and has still got it. No, we'll hold on to that. Thank you. Calvin Harris just got a thirty good morning Melbourne showers e reckon today tops of eighteen. She doesn't look too bad out there the moment.
Speaker 2: Yea, it's warming up again, which is good. It's gonna be twenty degrees on Saturday, so I will.
Speaker 3: Take that winter gone out of here. Hey, we've got a lot of groceries to go. Hit the phones if you want to stop calls.
Speaker 5: Deliver More for an extended range, on time delivery and next to no substitutes. Shop online or Ony Available in select areas only.
Speaker 3: Jason Lewes sixty K grocery get away Away, Give it away, Give it a queen.
Speaker 4: This has been amazing, Jace. We love our friends that calls deliver More. For this one, we are giving away thousands of dollars in groceries.
Speaker 3: You what phone line to go on? Absolutelyzyzy. If you can't get through, remember we give you a second chance where you can have a crack for five k where the groceries on a Friday. All you gotta do is register your details at NOVFM dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: That's right, register anytime and we could call you back on Friday. Right now though, let's go to the phones. Let's go to Jess in lily Dale.
Speaker 13: Good morning, oh, good morning, guys, love the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you love you to a four year old is six year old and you're pregnant with your third Congratulations, you got a thousand dollars in Coole's.
Speaker 6: Save them so much, it's going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: Good on your doll, You're welcome, Good luck for the baby.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. Good on you.
Speaker 3: When do you do? Do you might?
Speaker 13: January?
Speaker 3: It's always it's running the gauntlet. I was talking to one of the girls that work in the sales department here at nov yesterday and she's pregnant, and you know my rule, I'm like, unless you see a limb hanging out, I normally don't say congratulations.
Speaker 2: Let's have told you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just don't want to go.
Speaker 2: You know, no many people put foot in it. So what did you say?
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure. Oh no, I was just sort of like, you know, how are you? How you being? Hey? Feeling?
Speaker 2: And then generally women go feeling pretty pregnant.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask do you know the sex? And then it was off. All right, let's go to myrabin hate Jill, Hello, how are you going? I'm good? You're better? One thousand bucks with coastal Lere.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, so welcome, and let's see one more. Let's got to Standringham.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 4: You've got a house with two teenage boys. Do they eat you out of house and home.
Speaker 13: They do eat me out of house and home.
Speaker 10: And I'm definitely not pregnant, but I could do with some money.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to ask you no, definitely not well done, Joe. Will you in groceries for yourself?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 3: And remember, like I said, if you're having trouble getting through, We've got your covered. Melbourne. We're doing five thousand dollars Fridays, so just head to nov FM dot com dot au, register your details there and on Friday we will call someone back and reward them with five K worth of groceries.
Speaker 4: Keep listening for the rest of the weak because we'll have more in calls to liver, more to give away throughout the week.
Speaker 3: Our next guest, Our next guest is a musical I can't responsible for so many amazing turns that were not love. That's right. Member of the Spice Girls.
Speaker 1: Okay, Spotty Spice now turned judge on the Voice Australia.
Speaker 3: Please welcome to the show of Melanie's.
Speaker 2: And she joins us right now. Melanie's say, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm very well. Where are we talking to you from this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm in London at the moment I'm at home.
Speaker 2: Oh, back at home? Is it nice to be home? Or are you missing our beautiful Australian shaws?
Speaker 14: Do you know what? I've done so much traveling recently. It's good to be home, But I see Australia's a bit second home. So I do miss you guys, although it is summer here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It's always hard being away from isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would have been out here filming the Voice for a couple of months. We love having internationals in Australia. How do you find your time?
Speaker 14: He mal absolutely loved every minute of it. I just I love being in Australia. The lifestyle, it just suits me down to the ground. And to be on the Voice, it's the show I love in that genre, in that world of shows. It's the one I've always watched and always enjoyed. And I just had such a great team of people to work with every day. It's like you can't call it where, you know. We just went in, we were entertained, we heard brilliant singers and we just had a right good laugh. So yeah, what an incredible thing to do.
Speaker 4: I may before we get to the singers who are on your team. There is this kind of I feel like resurgence of girl power and boy power. I know we've got You've always got Ron and keating from boys' own. When you see that amazing singers up there in your mind, do you ever look at pacing them together like a girl band, because I feel like we haven't had one for a while. We're missing the sposcor, We're missing boys. We're saying the Backstreet Boys touring again.
Speaker 14: It's so interesting, isn't it, Because it's kind of it's a time where we don't have as many new girl and boy bands coming through.
Speaker 5: But on that stage, you know, it's difficult.
Speaker 14: It's really difficult because I think there's something just like so magical about when a band like that, like a like a music group, when it works, you know, something like the Spice Girls and Boyzone, it just the stars aligned. You know, you need those different personalities, you need those different vocal tones to just work together. So I think that would be quite a big undertaking to try and get something to work in that sense.
Speaker 2: Does it take a genius to put a band like that together?
Speaker 14: I wouldn't want to give it, Sam and Powell that mantle It worked with one direction.
Speaker 2: Hey barket there, but you have some amazing singers in your team.
Speaker 4: The one that got me, and I've watched her audition over hundreds of times, is Cassie Henderson. She's from New Zealand, but in Australia we claim New Zealanders when they're very, very good, so we're claiming her as our own. When she watched it with her parents is amazing. But what a voice, what a performer?
Speaker 5: Oh they think it's with Cassie. It feels like she's already a star. Yeah, you know sometimes she just has that star quality.
Speaker 14: She's got a great voice, she moves well, you know, she's really comfortable in that world, on that stage. So yeah, she's was one of my favorites from the very beginning.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that audition where she's watching it with her parents.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I've not seen that. I need to go back and watch that.
Speaker 2: With her mom and dad watching and dad's crying.
Speaker 3: I think she even she even catches her dad constantly watching it and she's like, what's the audition?
Speaker 2: It's very She's my favorite.
Speaker 14: They all do so well though. It's such a lovely thing to be a part of it's a great show.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The other skill you get out of this show is you know when you're opening presents in front of someone and you have to put on the face like you love the gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like watching the show back and when you guys hit the buzzer and then I try and watch her reactions like went too early on that one, didn't we do we regret hitting the button.
Speaker 2: The button regard.
Speaker 14: Honestly, like watching yourself on these shows is the worst thing. I have to watch it because you know, I want to get better at what I do, but it's like cring real.
Speaker 2: So there was this amazing moment where you bought out. It was sort of your secret weapon Emma buns and popped up on the screen.
Speaker 3: Is she's still doing radio? Melanie over there?
Speaker 2: She is?
Speaker 9: She is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she works on Global over here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is a show to be able to drag you into this insistuous industry.
Speaker 2: That we've done radio.
Speaker 14: You know what I've done a little bit of radio. It is the most terrifying thing live radio. I remember because I used to sit in sometimes for some of the other DJs when they were away, and I would be like, so tense, do the hell show and then when it finished, like my shoulders would drop on I just like slide off the chair. So I have I have so much respect for you. I think it's a beautiful thing to do. It's so lovely when you feel sometimes that you're just talking to a person. Yeah right, you know you're hoping more than one person listening.
Speaker 3: Right, you make it down a lot more work than what we put in. I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: No, it's a skill.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 5: I've done huge shows.
Speaker 14: I've performed at Wembley and Madison Square Garden and all these places. But then put me in a TV show and I'm like, this isn't my skill set. It's you know, we continue to learn, and I think you really have to appreciate that everything is a skill.
Speaker 2: Do you still get nervous with all your experiences?
Speaker 5: Always? I get nervous for everything.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to compare the Sparse Girls to my kids' school musical, but the other week, my eight year old and my nine year old was very nervous, and I'm like, apparently nerves are a good thing. When you don't have nerves and you're not nervous, that's when you shit the bed that well.
Speaker 14: The thing is, it's like a sweet spot, right, because adrenaline is an amazing thing.
Speaker 5: You know, it gives you this energy in some sense.
Speaker 14: It didn't make you guys know right your performance it makes you superhuman. But too much adrenaline too, you know, if your nerves is too heavy, they can really scupy your performance. So it's just trying to, you know, stay within that little balance, which is tough.
Speaker 3: She's a good coach. The Voice enters the second stage battles starting Sunday seven of September on Channel seven. Melanie said, is always a pleasure. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: Do we love you on the too, I'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: A little booth thing. Good morning Melbourne, this is Overy one hundred. You are on the air, which and Lauren. We are doing a thanks to show Ready Express with Minus Clint today.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was off sickly. He's actually been losing his voice for about a week. So I'm glad he's taking a day to rest, complete vocal rest.
Speaker 2: That'd be hard for Stannie, I know, harder for me.
Speaker 3: I reckon he's out.
Speaker 2: I know Jasu's hoping I catch Clint Laren dreadis.
Speaker 3: I've been saying every day this week, give her hard, give her hard mouth. So hopefully he's back on board tomorrow. Thank you for being he Thanks so much for joining us today Tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 2: Another big day Tomorrow, Jays. We have thousands of dollars dollars dollars in grocery giveaway thanks to Cole's deliver More we've been dish in the cash.
Speaker 3: Also our brand new expert. So this is special people at specializing really special things.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm excited about tomorrow's expert because it's something that I think I need to get better at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's something we could all learn some skin feels from.
Speaker 4: If you've ever been in a dinner party where you thought I'm a bit out of my depth here, tomorrow will alleviate all of your anxiety about going to dinners.
Speaker 3: In fact, if you're if you're, if you're going out on a date, you definitely need to hear this expert because it could be the it could be the changing moment between whether you're going home alone or with that.
Speaker 2: Person on the date, whether you get a second date.
Speaker 3: Exactly, will reveal who it is when she joins us tomorrow, have a great day everyone. Aaron Riches in next where We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Jason, Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials