Speaker 1: You got Jakes, Lauren and Clint and this man.
Speaker 2: We've been chomping at the bits for our next guest, A defender from North Melbourne, confident of the show, Charlie comment, good morning, thanks having me as.
Speaker 1: Always anytime, Charlie. We love you mate.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm really good. I should should say congratulations to Clint too. And getting on the name plate I was. I was staked to see it, mate.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much officially official Jesus.
Speaker 5: A nice boy, isn't he? This one speak with us for five years. I can see Charlie James from Yeah American.
Speaker 6: So the Ruse, I mean so close, so close, and against a team that many think might win the premiership in the Sydney Swans.
Speaker 4: It's no mean feat.
Speaker 6: But is it frustrating getting close but not being able to get the four points?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so, Clint, because we were we were not only in the game for most so I mean we lead inside fifties by sixteen, which is a big margin. And I think we're the only team to keep them under fifty five for the year as well. So we defended well. And their whole thing this year is they're moving the ball so fast. And with the change of rules that have really played into that and they're doing really well, so in my view, their flag favorites and to go to toe with them for the whole game is really encouraging. But we need to learn how to win those games and we're definitely in it with chances to win late and couldn't capitalize.
Speaker 1: What was the mood like after the match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, peculiar because I mean last year we would have got blown out by sixty or seventy points. So you played a good game in a way win. Yeah, mixed emotions in a way, it's confidence building. Was it was encouraging mood, but I think we're all still bitterly disappointed that we couldn't win them. I mean, if we had have won that the mood would be absolutely ecstatic.
Speaker 4: So bittersweet, I think it's probably the right word for it.
Speaker 3: We know we're on the right track, we know we're playing better footy this year, and they think coming on last year, probably couldn't have said that as confidently.
Speaker 7: But it's encouraging, right, and so the coaches approach it differently this year to how they would have last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think their messaging from Clark in particular has been that we are on the right track and really acknowledging that and making that known, but also that we need to win these games. So we're coaching around what we can do late in quarters and learning to win, which is a massive part of football. A lot of good teams I just know how to win. They've got experienced players doing that. We just don't have that yet. So the more games are in the closest we're going, we can probably go further.
Speaker 1: It's the youngest on the team.
Speaker 3: Nineteen twenty Finosalvan. We're the youngest, and he's one of our better flas. Yeah, fussy boy.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure at nineteen.
Speaker 7: Well, some players get like father son roll at seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's just crazy. I think about what we're doing at seventeen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the boys I used to live with day Bud when you're still at school, Cane Turner. I think it would have been a big Monday rolling in with the shoulders pinned back and the.
Speaker 4: Head pushed forward. Yeah, played on played on the Saturday day.
Speaker 3: Bude played a good game and rolled in Monday like the Kingdom.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. He would have got a heroes with.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't he Hey, So just to look at the ladder, now there is a top ten this year, well there's a top eight, but it's really a top ten.
Speaker 4: So you are on the half a game out of that top ten.
Speaker 6: Is there a confidence about about the Rue Boys that you can play finals?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we've got our sites definitely said on that.
Speaker 3: I mean all teams would, but for us this year, I think it's quite realistic that we could play in that top ten.
Speaker 6: You get to this stage of the year and it's sort of a reality, you know, you know, it's very achievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for us to play in the wild card round we need to take a scalp which would be someone above us, which I've got full conference we'll be able to do at some point. I mean we've been in big games against Gelong last week we got blown out late, but for three quarters of that game we were the better side as well, So I think we really can play in.
Speaker 1: That Adela taken on Lawrence Tigers.
Speaker 7: On the week some were actually quite good.
Speaker 1: I thought for a second we might have another bloody draw on our hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look close.
Speaker 3: That was a good game, really really good game. But the draws A weird one is the same bit of sweet feeling.
Speaker 4: What do you I love a drawing?
Speaker 1: We have a blow up in.
Speaker 6: No, you were flip plopping because last week there was a match that started very late here in Victoria and you said, well, we couldn't have a draw because we'll be playing till eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: I think you've got to finish the game. Draw is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So what's your thoughts on the clinton Do you don't mind it except in finals on the fence. It's traditional, but it's also to get a result, like imagine the theater of of being the one that kicks the winning goal, and a fl commercially all about bringing in money, bringing in eyes watching the game growing.
Speaker 4: And I think the extra time.
Speaker 7: Would be up to you think it should be extra time or that golden point thing.
Speaker 4: Probably extra time.
Speaker 7: I think you've got to do like five or ten minutes anyway.
Speaker 3: I think five minute quarters or probably five minute quarters is realistic.
Speaker 4: And then if it's still a draw after that, you call, or so you still get a draw. I don't reckon you out, No, we don't.
Speaker 6: Just can't be doing this, you know from forty out straight in.
Speaker 4: Front, donkey.
Speaker 7: Remember that if you got to you missed it and then you got it comes up on the screen.
Speaker 4: A fl X areas. You are you an old soul? Do you think?
Speaker 6: Speaking of traditions, you know grand finals starting at two thirty on a Saturday.
Speaker 4: I like the afternoon slight.
Speaker 3: The only the only time I'd push it to it would be a four four thirty because you still get that.
Speaker 4: You get the barbecue, you get the lunch, and I love the day. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like going through the night because then you start early, like, who's going to watch the game when everyone's had a few beers.
Speaker 7: Well, I went to I was saying to the boys, not that long guy. I went to that Grand Final that was in Brisbane and it was a late game. It was just a COVID Grand Final that Richmond played in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one and one and one.
Speaker 7: But Australians just can't be trusted completely Lotto because they've been drinking all that.
Speaker 1: I think it was a mixture of that and you're in Brisbane.
Speaker 4: Queensland has can't be trusted.
Speaker 7: I think Melbourny's worse.
Speaker 1: You reckon Queen.
Speaker 7: In Queensland, they don't even serve the full strength bit rugby.
Speaker 1: They cut off the bars at half time.
Speaker 4: There would be a riot.
Speaker 7: If you cut off the bar at half time at the AFOL Ground Final, there would actually be a right.
Speaker 5: If you want to watch, if you want to watch skills in the wild, you watch rugby league supporters try and juggle as many of those they can at the end of halftime to get back to their seat.
Speaker 4: Give a nudge they got to stop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: There's Margaret no no per person. So they've got eight of their mates behind waving.
Speaker 4: So I never met him.
Speaker 1: We'll make Adelaide coming up this weekend on the road. Yeah.
Speaker 3: After Adelaide, we've north album, a little fun Fat we've never won, laid.
Speaker 4: Over, kidding the class. I'm the same, Okay, curious what do you like on a road trip? Do you get your own room? We get over rooms. Yeah, that's been around for.
Speaker 1: A number years.
Speaker 4: Did you just have to share?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think probably ten years, fifteen years. Yeah, yeah, you need your own space. Somebodys bring their own pillow. I think that's a little bit pretentious.
Speaker 7: Nobody if you get when you're all like, it's because you're young when you're old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because we chat with the Wizard from Hawthorne and he travels with his PlayStation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you take your guitar, take your guitar. I bought a little travel guitar, going to take Yeah, it's like that's a guitar, it just hasn't got a big body to it. So I'm going to take that to electric guitar. Yeah, a little electric and I've got headphones. You can plug into it. Get a gig over the not in Perth, maybe put the feelers out and we'll see how we go.
Speaker 4: But we played two games in Perth. I'll be needing that for the two weeks.
Speaker 7: We did Hide and Seek. One of the he took the little electric guitar with the headphones. Yeah, but he just went into his headphones. So none of us had to I mean, none of us got pleasure.
Speaker 1: Just question on the sexy scale.
Speaker 7: Doesn't get me?
Speaker 6: Does advanced joy have one?
Speaker 7: Also doesn't get me?
Speaker 5: Charlie comming from the Rose is in this morning. They take on the Crise this week end at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Ma, say thank you.
Speaker 4: Jayce, Lauren and Clint
Speaker 2: Wake A feeling good bys Lauren and Clinton Alligan on the socials