Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome to the You Project. We're just in the middle of some mayhem and ridiculous over here at typ Central Tiffany and doctor Jeffer probably, I'm going to be honest, not a great combination. They get a little bit ahead of themselves. Tip's about to get a free consult. I was somehow talking about my left testicle and that was all before the good stuff is about to start. So good morning, Tif.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Hello Jeff Hello, Hello, good morning to you, and good afternoon from Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Oh bloody Las Vegas. Have you been to Las Vegas? Tip? No, No, It's the city that never sleeps, dude. I've been there a couple of times. It's it's a lot, it's sensory overload. It's it's a lot, but it's it's cool. I would not want to live there, which is not to say it's not amazing, but I'd have ADHD and all the things if I live there. It's busy. How's your Let's dive right in, because you know we're very open here at the U Project. How's your erry menopausal body going, Tip?
Speaker 2: What bloody chaos hearts?
Speaker 3: I've had enough of it.
Speaker 2: I've got three and a half hours sleep the night before last for no reason. I've got almost ten last night. I'm getting I'm getting pains, which I haven't had since I was an adolescent child. I'm tired, I'm demotivated. It's utter bullshit.
Speaker 1: And do you want to punch someone in the face?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but don't have the bloody energy that I used to, So I'm not even getting to punch people in the face like I normally do.
Speaker 1: Well, Doctor Jeff, no pressure, but if you could fix all of that in the next forty minutes, that'd be great, easy peasy. When I start feeling shit, Tiff, I feel like I'm consulting you now. Just get comfortable. Just line the couch. When when did all of this mayhem start?
Speaker 2: So back when I reckon it was a couple of years ago, two and a half to two years ago. It was back remember when I was going to start fighting again and I and I apped my training and then I just crashed and then I couldn't recover, and then so it kind of started there. And then I started asking a question, but I was like, oh, is this just burnout? Is this just training? Is this? And then I just feel like two years have passed and I've tried all of the things that I'm in a same but maybe a even more declining state of like okay, a less and less is working now?
Speaker 1: Wow yeah wow Wow. Over to you, Doc. I mean, if you could come up with some kind of magic, that would be great, no pressure, but you know.
Speaker 3: The magic exist. It's called bioidentical hormone optimization, where both for men and women. Of course, with women it's more precipitous, it's a rapid decline, whereas men we have more gradual decline in our hormones. And it works like this as you age. It was always thought that your hormones tend to decline in men testosterone and women estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. However, what if the opposite were true? What if you age because your hormones decline, wouldn't that encourage you then to not let them decline or replace them artificially with bioidentical And I keep saying bioidentical, so it's clear I don't mean synthetic derivatives of horse urine aka premarin. So for both men and women, the longer you preserve a youthful profile, of hormones, the longer you will live. Women who have later pregnancies and later cycles live longer. This is well known. So if you want to live long and preserve your bone density and not want to punch everybody and sleep and not have dry eyes and dry other parts and not lose your hair, you have to get ahead of this before it happens. In your case, you're playing a little bit of catch up. Tip. But that's okay, we got you right, and you need you probably need a little estrogen, a little nighttime progesterone. You'll sleep like a baby again. You'll have the motivation, which is probably some low testosterone you need replaced, and all this. You check some blood tests. It's easy to do and I don't know how rarely available it is where you are, but it is a growing industry here in the US.
Speaker 1: Wow, have you had any blood tests done? Tip?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have just started about two weeks ago on estrogen gel. I don't know if it's bioidentical. I need to check out. That's not a question. I'd right, and progesterone tablets, so I'm just waiting. Apparently they'll take anything up to three months to really start to kick in and feel some effects.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, you're on the right path.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I have a friend a couple of years older than me, and she's been on this path for a while and she has also just started taking testosterone as well, and she said that has worked wonders for her.
Speaker 1: It's really a thing women like women starting to take like a little bit of testosterone. Generally it's cream, right, doc.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of the low dose application. It can be injectable, but to help maintain muscle mass and other things, women have testosterone in them normally, there is a normal amount for women. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, well we will. We'll be cheering you on you and your hormones on tiff in your endocrine system team. Thanks, yeah, yeah, team tiff Hi Doc, now to you, how are you? What do you mean up to? Has things? Has Las Vegas, has life, has business?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for that compound question. I had just got back from the Biohacking conference in Austin, Texas. We were there for better part of a week. It is a forty three hundred people who are longevity enthusiasts looking at the latest biotech supplements. You know, energies, infrared, you know, exercise everything, you would have loved it. It's right up your alley, as they say. And I got to speak. We presented, you know, we had a booth there and it's all about longevity. So I did a little homework before we jumped on here, and I wanted to see if you knew why the Australian life expectancy is longer than the US life expectancy, so you're going to live longer. In twenty twenty one, Australia had an average life expectancy of eighty three point two years. Well, well, the US it's seventy eight point four years, and that was probably based on data prior to twenty twenty one, so it's I don't think it's corrected for COVID yet, but that's.
Speaker 1: A big gap. That's nearly a five year gap. Yeah, I mean it's definitely you know, I think the idea that the rest of the world has about Australia is not a particularly accurate one. It was once upon a time in that where this outdoorsy, super active, super healthy everyone in Australia surfs and it's we're a very cosmopolitan, urban country. I mean most people in Australia. I don't know what it is, but it's probably eighty five ninety percent of people in Australia live in cities and suburbs like this. Great, Like our land is almost the size of you know, North America, but it's it's you know, we only have twenty six million people versus three hundred and thirty million people, and so people around the world assume that we're just spread out over this big, vast continent, but we really live on the perimeter. And yeah, did my microphone just go off again?
Speaker 3: Tiff?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And now is it back back?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Sorry everyone, we're having little microphone episodes today. But I don't know, like I feel, we're just as obese, and we've got just as much diabetes and just as many you know, related issues. What's your theory.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's the pesticides and our food and the other preservatives in our food. On this side of the planet, we've been poisoning ourselves for years. And there's now a move afoot too hopefully correct that take it out, but you know, the damage is done, right, So a lot of people have been poisoned by this.
Speaker 1: That's I saw this thing yesterday that it was like a hook, you know how they're like, you know, learn why people who live within five hundred meters of a golf course something like, I forget the exact number, but three hundred percent more likely to get Parkinson's disease. And I'm like, that's the weirdest fucking correlation ever. So people who live within maybe it was I don't know, five eight hundred meters or yards whatever, and then I looked into it. It's because of all the chemicals they use on the golf course. Yeah, all the pesticides, and because it because it people breathe it in. People who live within a certain proximity of that are getting sicker quicker while they think, oh wow, we live on the back of a golf course, this is beautiful. Yeah. So I actually know someone who lives on a golf course like that. That's a it's like a gated community, and yeah, they're fifty meters from a fucking golf from a fairway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I think I think that's it's the poisons, the chemicals. I agree with you. I think this is an ongoing issue because if you order if we if you and I both buy the same box of crackers. Yeah, biscuits. I don't know what you calm down there, but you know ours will have twenty five more ingredients than yours will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's and it's so funny. I mean, we've we've gone down this route before, talking even about cereals and things where you you know, like there's there's very popular cereals in Australia and America. I know where it's. You look at the back and there's in this what seems like this simple breakfast, there's fifty different ingredients and thirty of them you've never heard of. You don't, and it's just it's just you know, preservatives and additives and coloring and chemicals, and yeah, I know that's the I mean, I wanted to ask you. I've avoided this for seven years, not seven years, five years, this topic and I don't want to open the door too wide, but what are what are your thoughts on the COVID vaccine now that we've got some and it doesn't need to be controversial, but like it just seems there's more and more coming out now and I've, like I said, I've consciously avoided this topic because I think it's just too much hype and hysteria and hate and you know, silos of thought. But do you think it's overall it's a good thing, was a good thing, was a bad thing. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to be as objective as possible so people can make their own conclusions. But one from a pandemic perspective, it probably did help diminish the virulence and the spread. From an individual perspective, I think it probably we are now seeing some of the downside, the medical downside to these things. You know, we've got evidence that we've done some harm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's there's I don't know, And maybe you know when you're like, you watch one thing. I watched one thing a few weeks ago. Now I'm getting all the things and I'm like, maybe I need to watch something from the other side of the fence to get a different perspective. I noticed on your website I was having a look the other day that one of the things that you do is bioage biological age testing. And we've spoken about this a bit, but we're nearly two thousand episodes in, so if you couldn't, you know, simple terms, explain to people what you mean by biological age, and then two tell us about the protocol. How you do it?
Speaker 3: Yep. So think about a seven year old woman, okay, and you got two seven year old women right next to each other. One is getting ready to go into a nursing home. She's got white curly hair, wrinkles in her face, creaked the old knees, and she's stooped over with a cane. And one is in a workout outfit and she's going to yoga class and she's full of energy, and she looks younger and feels younger. Those two women were born on the same day. Yeah, but one of them is obviously physiologically or biologically younger, and that's that's because her cells have been taken better care of during her lifetime. They've been exposed to less chronic inflammatory degenerative changes, less inflammating, which is a combination of inflammation aging. So so there are blood tests different types that can study that and give you a number. And you can actually take interventions. Get in scheap, eat right, you know, meditate, you know all kinds of things, take supplements, what have you lose weight, and you can lessen or reduce or reverse your aging process at a cellular measure doesn't change your calendar date, but it changes your functional effective biological age. So that's what that's all about.
Speaker 1: I find it interestingly the thinking around aging two. Like I'm sure it happens in the States, but in Australia there's a term which is age appropriate. Then fill in the blank, age appropriate clothing, age appropriate exercise, age appropriate fucking relationships. Oh you're too old, you're too young for or him, or you know, whatever it is, whatever it is, And it's so funny, Like I think, you know, there's that famous saying we don't grow old because we know. We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing, right, And I feel like a lot of the things that we should do when we are older, and by older everyone I guess I mean forty five fifty plus, right, they're the things we should do. We should bounce to basketball, we should throw a ball, we should walk on top of a bloody fence or whatever. Not a high skinn ef fan, but you know what I mean, all the things that we did that involve balance and coordination and muscular endurance and aerobic endurance and fun. We seem to put the brakes on that because we shouldn't do that at your age. And I think that you know, how much fun and also how much benefit would be in people kind of rethinking that and engaging in activities which not only physiologically, but emotionally and psychologically have great benefits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't agree more. I think you're right. It starts with the mindset and then act on that. So execute on those ideas and stay young and active and move, exercise, play, diminish your internal mental psychological stress and you'll you'll you'll do well, and that will keep you younger. I agree.
Speaker 1: How do you test someone's biological age? I know it's not a perfect science, but what what kind of happens?
Speaker 3: So there are a bunch of different correlates. One is there are some applications maybe on your phone, you're a smartphone, where you can take a picture of your face and through some various metrics it can it can estimate your biological age. There are other physical tests you can try, where how long can you hang from a pull up bar? What's your grip strength? How long can you stand on one leg? That kind of thing. Those those are one another physiologic measures. Then there are blood tests, and some of the blood tests look at things circulating in your bloodstreams. Some of them look at intracellular markers like methylation of your DNA, which is a slow change in your DNA with age, like the length of your telomeres, which are the sort of the ends of the shoe string of the DNA, and it changes over time. Every time a cell divides, that becomes more afraid and then you want nice, tightly compacted you know, like brain new shoelaces, right, you want you don't want them falling apart at the tips.
Speaker 1: What's the end? What's the end physiological result of anxiety?
Speaker 3: Anxiety?
Speaker 1: What's happening happening in our body?
Speaker 3: So anxiety increases the stress response, the fight or flight mechan the epidephrin or adrenaline release, the cortisol release, which is the pro inflammatory aspect of the body. The body has yin and yang, so we have we are supposed to be somewhat you know, inflame during the day. You get inflamed when you wake up, when your cortisol you know, surges in the morning, and when you eat. Eating is actually proneflammatory. But we need it and during the night you repair, you're anti inflammatory, or you go from the sympathetic nervous system, the fight or flight side, to the relaxed side, the parasympathetic side, and that ying and yang is part of our circuitian rhythm. And if you don't have enough parasympathetic like when Tiff did not sleep that one night, she's paying for it the next day. And you accumulate that too much anxiety, that too much stress, that too much adrenaline, and too much cortisol, and it has adverse and accelerated degenerative changes at the cellular level and then at the body level. That's why you have two seventy year old women and one looks all beat up and old at seventy, and one could be very youthful, and you might think she's just turning fifty.
Speaker 1: What do you think? And I mean, these are all just opinions, but maybe you've got some science behind it. And I know both of these things have an impact, But what do you think is more of a factor? Great sleep, consistent good sleep, or being able to consistently be calm, an absence absent of or free of anxiety or stress.
Speaker 3: That's that's a good one. I think free of all stress is sort of a unicorn situation. So I think I think restorative, really good sleep can somewhat forgive some stress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they kind of go hand in hand. So there's a famous Australian swimmer over here. Isn't an Olympic goal medallist. You would never have heard of him, but his name's James Magnuson. Anyway, he's been getting a bit of airtime in the last week or two. TIF Have you seen those photos of him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fucking hell, Oh my god. Hey everyone, if you want to, if you want to look him up right now, doc go James m a g n U double S N and the Enhanced Games. The Enhanced Games. So he's a well known, well respected Australian swimmer, olympian and he's taking part in the games that are coming up very soon. The doc's putting on his classes and the idea while he's looking there, everyone. The idea, as I understand, of these games is that the athletes can use whatever the fuck they want, right, So they're using steroids, they're using growth hormone, they're using testosterone to see what the human body can do. Have you got those photos of him, like a before and after.
Speaker 3: Let me put him before and after. It just brings up a bunch of photos. So I don't know what's what's enhanced, and what's not. Here's a before and after. Oh yeah, so he's got some significant improved muscle gain his arms, his chest, his abs. He's probably lost, not that he had any fat to begin with, a little fat too, So yeah, this is a guy that's either taking HGH human growth hormone, or one of the growth hormone releasing peptides which are very popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you what are your thoughts on, just out of curiosity, not from a medical clinical professional perspective, but just as a as a blog who's interested in training and bodies and sport and performance. What do you think of the concept of an enhanced Have you heard of the enhanced games?
Speaker 3: Not not in a real sense. I think I saw a parody of it on a TV show, comedy show.
Speaker 1: But noctually it's a real thing. Anyone who breaks a world record gets a million US. Yeah, it's a real thing and it's happening. TIF Can you just find out when is it happening this? I feel like it's in a few months. It's pretty close. What are your thoughts of that.
Speaker 3: Doc, Well, I mean it, it certainly doesn't imbue fairness, right because you you know, so it shouldn't count as a world record. It's like Barry Bonds and American Baseball when he hit the you know, the most home runs. But oh, by the way, he was juice and he was taking something, so you know, not fair right, Yeah, he got it. He has an asterisknicks to his name for that record, so es So I don't know about that, but it's interesting, and I can tell you that a vast majority of my biohacking clients, including myself, do fall under this. Now I'm not seeking a world record. I'm not competing, but I'm enhancing. Yeah, you know, I'm pushing sixty and I need some muscle mass. I need to burn fat better. I need to metabolism up. I need to be at the top of my game because I'm doing top of the game touch stuff with stem cells and regenerate medicine. So I'm doing all that peptides testosterone growth hormone releasing peptides, and you want to you know, this falls under the bioidentical hormone optimization that we were talking about with Tiff. These are ways to keep your cells functioning at a younger behavior. And if your cells are functioning a younger behavior, your organs are. If your organs are your body is, your body is, you are effectively younger.
Speaker 1: And that's becoming more and more kind of this approach to anti aging. And you know, human optimization and using growth hormone or testosterone. It's like coming close towards normal in the States now.
Speaker 3: Any enthusiast health and wellness alternative health and wellness enthusiasts, we call them biohacker. It is almost ubiquitous. I mean the people I met at this event we just got back from forty three hundred people, the vast majority either heard of it or on some element of it.
Speaker 1: And what's the emergent thing in that space, what's new, what's shiny? What are people excited about in the biohacking world.
Speaker 3: Peptides There are thousands of different small proteins called peptides that have bioactivity, helps stimulate healing, help stimulate metabolism, muscle gains, things like that. And there are some very big players in the space, and you see tons of new businesses popping up where you can buy these peptides. So that's and most of them have to be injected. So people are at home like myself, you know, taking a little meaning injection every morning.
Speaker 1: And they're just like, like to give people an idea, they're like a little insulin needle, like a subcutaneous jab in a tummy or.
Speaker 3: Something absolutely correct at thirty one gauge, which is like a little teeny botox needle so you barely feel it. It doesn't go in very far at all, just under the skin, just enough to give you some for the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's I mean, yeah, well I reckon my ten years behind in Australia. Like with that stuff, it's you can't even you can't even have a conversation about it. How is that stuff? How is it regulated? How is that? I mean that must be an ever evolving kind of landscape of trying to manage all the legal stuff and the ethical and the stuff around that. Any idea how that.
Speaker 3: Works, big idea is because you know, we have to be very mind of that. So we're not allowed to make any marketing claims under the what's our what's our Food and Drug Administration? The FDA. They're not approved for marketing claims, uh, and so they're considered sort of for research use, so people have to they're not prescribed per se. People have to go buy them online. You know. We recommend places where they're third party tested and you know, have you know, from a properly certified clean lab that's following all the proper procedures to cGMP procedures and all that. So so we trust them these labs. You know, I wouldn't trust everybody, but we have trusted ones and that's where we buy them. Some some Australian folks actually came up to our booth at the event because we had an exhibit booth there and they were they were in the States and they're loading up on the all the stuff since they can't get it when they're home.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, it's yeah you can, and you'd.
Speaker 3: Be proud of me. I properly used bloke and Sheila in a sentence.
Speaker 1: Maybe don't use sheila too much. That's that's a little.
Speaker 3: What was that wrong?
Speaker 2: Did you say you do a podcast with a bloke and a Sheila from US?
Speaker 1: Is that? What?
Speaker 3: Am I?
Speaker 2: The Sheila?
Speaker 3: You were a very that's not what I said, Although yes I do a podcast once someone's with a bloke and a Sheila.
Speaker 1: But do you know when it's you, when you're American, you can definitely get away with it. There's nothing, there's nothing wrong, but you know three people will get their nose out of joint with that term these days. But fucking in a loving way? So is it is? I actually don't know this. I think I might get one letter or number wrong. Is it BP one five seven that's getting a bit of airtime at the moment? What like one of my mates is one of my mates is like, oh, you got to get on that. It's going to fucking change your life. I don't even know what it does. But what is that? And is that getting a bit of exposure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's That's a very popular beginner peptide. It stands for Body Protection Compound one five seven and it is a common thing we use for healing healing a musculo skeletal injury. It does help enhance collagen production and muscle and tend and repair. It's usually part of a recipe that we give and sometimes you do it for a cycle. You do four to six weeks and you go off and do something else so or you take a break completely and that's when you take that and a few others. It's called it's a really supercharges you're healing. The call it the Wolverine protocol because of the comic book hero of the Wolverine who heals himself.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that the bloke who plays the Wolverine is a nausea right.
Speaker 3: I hear he is? Yes here he can sing and dance too.
Speaker 1: He can, he can. He's singing, singing, dancing. Bloody webelf for whatever is what? What do people get wrong about aging and anti iging? Are they common misconceptions?
Speaker 3: I think that the number one thing is, uh, You've got people who are self inflicting wounds and they'll want to do, Oh, I'll just take this vitamin or this peptide and I'll continue to drink, you know, six beers a day and those just not going to work. So you got to you got to really It's okay to have, you know, if you're ore or two on the weekend, but you you've got to behave you know, the vast majority of the time, across all spectrum spectra of anti aging, anti inflammatory behaviors, you know, exercise, diet, supplements, sleep, mindfulness, tech, regeneration, all these different things. You you know, you want to bring it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't kind of undo one set of bad behaviors by taking a pill or taken a jab once a day. What as objective as you can be about you, which is not very because you're you. Just in case you didn't know, how do you feel at you know, whatever, you are, late fifties, how do you feel compared to thirty five year old you? Do you have any perspective.
Speaker 3: A little bit? And I'm glad you brought this up because now everyone can understand why the podcast is named the EU Project, because it's all about me.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Uh, And we're it Jeff's place.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes, So you know, I've been blessed with good health for the most part. You know, I've got some some injuries and things like anybody that's you know, leaves leaves the front door every day. But I'm in better shape now than I have been in the vast majority of my life. Why because I'm really putting the effort in. You know, when I was I was in my thirties, it was very early in my career because surgeons like me, we don't really start our careers until, you know, the early half of our thirties. We're busy schooling all that time and learning how to do stuff. And so that was early in my career. So I was working, staying up all night, taking calling emergency center and all that, and I wasn't doing well. Someone actually told me a statistic when I started my practice that surgeons have a life expectancy of sixty eight years old. Wait a minute, I'm just starting work at thirty four. Yeah, you mean, you know, half my life to get here. Now, I'm going to die soon. So it occurred to me that and I correlated that. At some point I read on the benefits of restoring of sleep, and I correlated that, I said, you know what, I think it has to do with the lack of sleep. So I only took a mercy room call for a few years to get busy, and then I slept. And I remember sleeping, having not slept for most of medical school, residency, fellowship, chief residency, and early practice probably twenty years. Not sleeping well either. Either. You try to fall asleep and your pager goes off. Because this is back when we had pagers. You may recall those in the dark ages and then and even on the nights where you weren't taking call, you're still in that anxious state where you think your page is going to go off. So I didn't have a dream for like twenty years, so I wasn't hitting those deeper restorative sleep cycles. So when I stopped taking call after a few months, I started to dream again. Wow, and I realized that, you know, sleep was a big important thing. And if you talk to Brian Johnson, who's the you know, the guy with the blueprint who's working on a significant life extension, sleep is one of his top probably three things that he correlates with his improvement in his longevity markers.
Speaker 1: He's been dude on Netflix. There's a special TIF. Can you find the name of that Brian Johnson. I should watch that. I kind of I've been I will say I've been a little bit judgy. He kind of annoys me. But he's probably onto something I don't know, but I don't know. That's very judgmental he is.
Speaker 3: He is pushing the envelope and trying things, so he's a he's a self experimenter. So I like that he's wanting to try things and yeah, yeah, he's really working at it.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon that? Do you think it's a good idea? Within reason? Obviously depends what we're talking about. But for people to do, you know, to run their own exp experiments. And by that I mean, don't whack yourself on some weird drug. I mean, but you know, go, oh, you know what, I'm going to do two weeks with zero caffeine and see what happens to my body. Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do it anyway, we unbeknownst to us, we're all experimenting on ourselves. You know, absolutely, you don't know how you're going to respond until you do that. And you know, it's good if you base it on something you can find that has some scientific you know, clout to it. But at the end of the day, how you respond to something may be different than someone else. So you've got to try it, whether it is a whacked out drug or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's well. Yeah, Now, asking for a friend not may of course, But if someone was to take testoster right, not asking for me, just a friend, how much would they start on? What's a therapeutic what's a therapeutic number of milligrams? Per week.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we would first we would check your blood tests. We would check your total tisastrone. You're free to astrone, your bioavailable to sostroone. We would check your DHA because sometimes DHA, which is a supplement here in the US, is a building block of testosterone. Some people just need more building block, you know. So we would check all those things, and then we would value in based upon your levels and your needs. And it still may need to be adjusted. But you know, if it's topical, you know, you might go with, you know, one hundred milligrams a week. If it's injected, it's different. I don't have the tables in front of me, but injectible is a lower dose because you're already putting inside your body. Topical tough to get in you. But and the topical is a daily, the injectable might be a weekly. Although people can take in different methods. There's now a medication you can take that raises your testosterone orally. So I don't know much about it yet. They were at this event, but we were so busy manning our booth we didn't I didn't get to snoop around and see what else is going on, and.
Speaker 1: What about for women, would it be something like about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, about a tenth. You know, we want a women's testosterone probably around fifty milligrams per milli leader. The lab reports are different units in different parts of the world, so don't memorize my number. Look at your your lab reports if you do it, because someplace go by desolator per desolator picograms per desolator instead of milligrams per cc. So, but yeah, women need testosterone. Like Tiff said, she's not motivated. She doesn't want to punch anybody, you know, she wants to sell on the couch with her feet up. Probably so that that that's a lot of testosterone.
Speaker 2: In my mind, there's testosterone. I feel like it doesn't. But the female homeminds fluctuate throughout the cycle, so it can be very hard to get a baseline on that from most tps without regular testing. Does testosterone fluctuate in females.
Speaker 3: A good question. There's fluctuation for men and women with lunar cycles, with all kinds of things, but it's not as much as the estrogen. Progesterones will fluctuate. But once a woman is truly postmenopausal, we usually replace that woman at a static level because she's not cycling, she's not having that need to cycle.
Speaker 1: Oh, I never thought of that. That's a very good point.
Speaker 3: A great question. If your pre metopouzle and still cycling, then there are variations in the replacement where you do replace it, you know, so more at one time of the month and less at another time of the month.
Speaker 1: So while you've got the dock at your disposal tip, you just you keep thinking, I'm going to ask more questions. But if you've got another personal consult question two questions.
Speaker 2: Those games are held in May twenty first May, and the movie that Brian Johnson is in is The Man who doesn't want to die, Don't Die, the Man who wants to live forever. I just read something that completely wasn't doubt.
Speaker 3: His teacher says, don't die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't die. I might. I might step off my judgmental high horse and have a watch of that tonight without disclosing anything you shouldn't disclose, Doc, could you tell us about an amazing outcome you've got with a patient using you know, regenerative protocols, like is now a person you can talk about that you went there? It is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me so, and this is public and there's there's a friend of mine. He's our friend. Started out as as patient. So he he he kid to me, said Jeff, every year I do something hard. He's in the real estate industry and he has a YouTube channel. I'm going to give you the channel in case you guys want to check out this guy. His name is Michael Zumber and his channel is called one Rental at a Time. He teaches people how to how to become a you know, a real estate baron, you know, for renting out properties. He's based here in the US and last year he ran a marathon for that was his He trained for it and he ran it. So he came to me, he said, I want to I want to transform my body. I want to get in shape. I want to like, can you take me through at a to Z? I said sure. So we started first of the year with a with a three day fast we did together, and we every month we do a YouTube broad podcast. He started the year with a body fat percentage of thirty five ish thirty six percent. He is now sub fifteen percent wo and we just hit five five complete months. Today's today's well here it's June second, it's June third where you are. Let me say happy birthday to my wife on June third. I can say that in Australia. She won't hear it until tomorrow, but I just want to get that out there.
Speaker 1: What's her first name? Lilah, Lilah, Happy birthday from Harps and Tiff and from the land down under. We hope it's great. And I want to say also, Lailah, Lila, Lilah.
Speaker 3: Sorry is it Lila?
Speaker 1: I want to say, you're a saint for putting up with that motherfucker. How do you do that? She has some kind of award.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, she's got a birthday present coming tomorrow. I want to want to give a secret away, but it's coming. So but thank you for that. And so so Michael Zuber is doing so We've created a program around him called Biotransformation, And we started out with die and exercise tweaks and protein intake and supplements and you know how many steps a day and sleep and and he's doing great. And every month we track his progress. So and you know, what we do for him might be different than what we do for someone else to get him there, but I'm very proud of him. He's doing great. So check it out. He has a playlist with this, this with the two of us. Because most of his stuff is real estate, which is good content. But check out the biotransformation stuff we're doing with him. It's it's really cool.
Speaker 1: How old is he? If I can ask, he's I think he's.
Speaker 3: Fifty three something like that.
Speaker 1: Good for him, Good for him. I bet his bio ages dropped two a bit.
Speaker 3: We did. We did a bioage test at the beginning of the year, and he was quite old. I don't have the number in front of me on that test older than his stated age. We're going to repeat that test at the end of the year and we'll we'll report back on all of his mett. We did physical measurements at the beginning of the year. We did how long you know, can he hang from pull up bar? We did everything and uh, body composition on an in body machine. You have those down there? Yeah, yeah, okay, so all that and we're gonna oh he actually did a Dexa scam. We did a Dexa for body comp Wow. Yeah, so we he's invested in. We did a full lab panel. So this is the biotransformation program. It's a twelve month kind of product we're trying to put together. It's individualized precision.
Speaker 1: This is a left turn, but I wanted to ask you. I know, we've got like five minutes to go, because Tip's got a date.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I'm good now for another half an hour so you can go over time.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. There are a relationship between chronic pine and aging. I feel like people who deal with chronic pine kind of get all the faster.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think you're right, and I think that overlaps. The Venn diagram includes that chronic inflammatory stress point right the fight or flight. You have more pain if your sympathetic system is overcharged. If you have more you know of those circulating proteins and neurotransmitters going that when you're in stress, and people relaxed and happy and laughing have less pain, more on the parasympathetic side. So chronic accumulation of having too much of the bad side will age you faster at the cellular level. This is all happening at the cellular level, and that's how we measure it.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of people tracking everything that they do? You know, like it from whether it's sleep, whether it's food, whether it's text sides, whether it's mood, energy, tea, coffee, booze, supplements, and literally you know, creating. Like that's where the name of the You project came from. Like I used to say to all of my clients, you're the project. It's like literally the You project. And the biggest management project you'll ever have is literally looking after you. Do you like people kind of teaching themselves and learning that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And as long as it's not a burden, you know, some things you could you can measure periodically at the beginning when you really want to study the effects of things on yourself, Like you want to wear a glucose monitor and see what how rice affects your insulin and your your glucose in your body. You can learn a bunch of things and then you don't have to wear the thing much. You know, word it are you already learned from that. You might go back and spot check it later. But so so I don't want people to get sort of bugged out with like, oh, I got to measure everything I eat and every gram of this and how many reps of you know, forty kilograms I can do, and that kind of thing we so, so you've got to make it where it's it's an achievable task without detracting from the goal.
Speaker 1: And that's a good point. If I feel like you've got a question for the doc before we say goodbye.
Speaker 2: Just processing it all, just processing it, just like a.
Speaker 1: Mere cat staring down the barrel.
Speaker 2: I was just really reflecting on you know, how easily things like that can become a little bit negative in how you then react or think about them when you know you know what affects you, and how like sleep. As my sleep declined, I could get more stress. There's times when I've periods of time in the past I've had to take my watch off and because I wake up, I look at it and I get no deep or rem according to a watch that has not the best ability to tell me that level of info, and it ruins my whole day. And I'm like, well, I haven't slept. Now I haven't slept. I'm going to die early. It's what ten years off my life. What's the point.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting, isn't it. I imagine if you got up and however you felt you weren't sure how you felt and it went you had three hours of good sleep. You're like, fuck versus that told you you had seven. Yeah, right, even if you were in the same state. But now you think you had seven good hours of sleep. I bet you're going to have a better day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, this a great idea. We should create a health and wellness out that that leverages the placebo effect like that all day on. You know, Oh, wow, you ate great today, you exercised enough, you slept great, You're at the top of your game physically.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Yeah, we could call it the bullshit yourself app.
Speaker 3: Well, then you're taking away the placebo.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true, that's true. That's true. Uh hi, doc, How do people connect with you and find you and learn a little bit more about what you do?
Speaker 3: Well, first, they need to listen to each and every episode where I appear with Craig or Craig and Tiff on the U Project name for me because it's all about me. And also at re celebrate dot com where we celebrate the renewal of yourselves. R E C E L L E B R A t E. You can find us on Instagram, LinkedIn TikTok. You know all those things.
Speaker 1: Perfect Mike with saygobae here, but once again, we appreciate you. Happy birthday, Lala. I hope you have a good due tomorrow. You know you can tell. Well, actually maybe you can't, because this might be up before she gets her present. I'll ask you off air, have a good have a good evening, mate, and we'll see you in a month. Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Tiff, thank you, right back at you both. Thank you.