Speaker 1: We got get your every day, every lady Adelaides.
Speaker 2: The following segment is from mature audiences only and may contain all content, graphic language and nudity. Nothing you'll see it if easily offended, Well you're about to find out.
Speaker 3: Just how easily your father.
Speaker 4: He's on the money.
Speaker 3: Jody and Hazy, Naught.
Speaker 2: Six cord nothing. Some of these stories you've just got to get out of your system.
Speaker 3: Jake's can we can? We go to New Zealand and particularly go to christ Church.
Speaker 5: Keyway's again.
Speaker 2: Oh, when first dates go wrong? A twenty seven year old man decided his best shot at romance was to make a bold first impression. Love that, you've got to stand out from the crab. After exchanging a few cheeky messages on Tinder, he arrived for a particular day completely naked. That's not how you go about it. No, and it's not how you go about it. Apart from sneakers and a bottle of wine clutched in one hand. He rang the doorbell, grinning, but his date took one look, screamed and slammed the door.
Speaker 3: Of course you did.
Speaker 2: The games changed, Yeah, the game has absolutely changed.
Speaker 6: He's okay, question without noticing Is it just an understanding if you go on a tin date is the is it to hook up or is it to find love and romance?
Speaker 5: Or is it purely a sexual thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought Tinder was always a sexual thing, right, but then some people get confused. Yeah, ok, I think it's a place to meet people, although you do hear stories about people who are happily.
Speaker 3: Married he met on Tinder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyway, the poor man found himself locked out of the apartment hallway clutching his seven yon blanc like a fig leaf. Neighbors called the police after spotting him trying to hide behind a pop plant. Officers noted he was polite, apologetic, and extremely pink from embarrassment.
Speaker 3: That's what happens, man, extremely pink?
Speaker 2: Was he every single time? The game has completely changed shows. So one thing now that you can't do was turn up completely naked. No, it's it's not the.
Speaker 6: Thing that back in your day, Dale would have taken you at least forty five minutes till you took your clothes off on a date.
Speaker 2: Well, I need to know, need to know, I need to know what's in the news today.
Speaker 3: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 5: You know what you need to know with Jody and as.
Speaker 6: He was completely mortifying at our age when you hear about a rock festival lineup and you're like, no idea, who that?
Speaker 3: Oh well sometimes that happens, but not on this sy casion.
Speaker 5: Oh I cannot for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry, well I didn't realize you were infinitely cooler than me.
Speaker 2: But anyway, some of the bands, some of them Harve's Rock.
Speaker 6: So they've announced the lineup for Harvest Rock Festival. So on the Saturday, the Strokes.
Speaker 3: Yes, Strokes huge headline.
Speaker 5: The War on Drugs. They'll be playing Van's Joy heard of him?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, probably a huge fans joy fans. There's not much that he's done that I don't aggressively get around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Wolf Mom they're playing as well.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Wolf still getting it done.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: This is a nice little trip down memory lane, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Are the presets as well?
Speaker 6: The definitely and then we sort of get to territory where I'm very unfamiliar.
Speaker 3: You heard alarm cordial Cordial?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 3: Yes, Joe, yes, definitely absolutely. Did you mention sneaky sounds?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: This is on day two, So Saturday October twenty five and Sunday October twenty six headline by The Strokes, and then we've got a Jelly Roll which will headline on the second day. So it's part of the Australian leg of the tour. Also raw otis in there as well. It's some big things I was he duo and some newcomers as well, which we're very very excited about. A five piece indie rock band by the name of Coulta.
Speaker 4: So I got a super and over.
Speaker 3: It's going to be perform a harvest rock.
Speaker 5: That's insane.
Speaker 6: No one in this building knew that Matt, who is a super and over, who sits a meter and a half from both of us.
Speaker 5: By the way, no one knew he was in a band.
Speaker 4: I know, is it a band?
Speaker 2: His name is Matt Lavity and I don't know if we're allowed to say we're calling him sexy Matt, a good looking blake.
Speaker 6: Okay, do not dismiss that, like you weren't the one that A loaded us to.
Speaker 5: The name was Sexy Matt.
Speaker 1: And then I said, I've already met the guy four weeks ago, so someone else in this building has already given him that name.
Speaker 3: We've got to find the person who's given that.
Speaker 5: Has already dubbed him sexy Matt.
Speaker 3: Producer Charlie was produced calling him sexy Matt.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, Okay.
Speaker 3: So I was calling him sexy Matt for.
Speaker 2: A long time and I found out he plays in this awesome band that's going to perform with Rock Halfs and I was like, oh, I got hang on, Matt, Chuck Monday's at him.
Speaker 3: That's where I don't do that again.
Speaker 6: Respond well, oh god, so there you go. Sexy Matt is going to be performing at.
Speaker 5: Harvest Rock Best and was his band called just so we get that clear? Is that the Lime carding one or the cul To one?
Speaker 4: The Holter joke come on.
Speaker 2: Quite seriously though, the fact that Harvest Rock is back, Oh man, this is so called.
Speaker 3: It's very exciting.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to go back to what happened. I think it was on and then it was off. They cancel it a couple.
Speaker 5: Of months out.
Speaker 6: But yeah, always great to have stuff going on in the Parklands.
Speaker 2: Jose, here's a question that when you lose a significant other, how do you preserve their memory?
Speaker 5: Oh, you just move on with someone else and try and forget them.
Speaker 3: King takes one to no one. What about this?
Speaker 2: Angela Redevski lost her spouse unexpectedly earlier this year. She's from West Virginia, She's a nurse, she's a mother of one, and she made a bold decision that's done millions online. She preserved a frame piece of her late husband's tattoo skin, framed it.
Speaker 5: What are you joking?
Speaker 6: She framed it so someone physically cut it out of his body, his deceased body, and she framed it.
Speaker 5: What sort of frame? Just an ancho frame came out.
Speaker 2: It looks like the sort of frame that you get that like if you win an Aria award or something that's framed up on the wall. Miss Redevski didn't want a traditional keep sake. Instead, she wanted to frame her husband's skin to show off her son's favorite tattoo of the more than seventy tats that he'd inked over his body. They chose to preserve his Pittsburgh Steelers helmet design, complete with skull imagery, and finished off in his beloved teams black and gold colors. Look, whatever's gonna take you to a spot that gives you a sense of belonging and feeling, I guess, but it's just because I don't understand the whole taxidermy thing as well.
Speaker 5: No, people do strange things in grief, don't they.
Speaker 6: Like I've definitely heard of people putting their ashes in maybe like a necklace situation or that's the other thing you can do if you want to, If if God forbid, something happened to me, I would give you permission if you wanted to, to cremate me and then use my ashes to inject a tattoo into yourself if you want.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah you can.
Speaker 3: I'm fine, thanks, because I've never had a tattoo before, and.
Speaker 2: Well this can be your first one to inject the inject the afterlife of Jodiod into my body.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no thanks. What would you do, by the way, question like a little nova.
Speaker 2: Boy in In terms of the tattoo, it would just be a nice a nice little lady wearing the glasses, big wave shingles.
Speaker 3: On the neck, you at your prime goodness in tattoo.
Speaker 6: For I feel like gen Z just like to stoke the fire. I feel like they like to throw things out there just to see how we're going to poke.
Speaker 3: And prod it's gonna bite it's gonna bite.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this question, how do you check out of a hotel?
Speaker 3: I mean, are you talking?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: Shee isssumed for one moment that you actually left the house for something other than work.
Speaker 5: No, I know you don't.
Speaker 6: So one TikTok traveler says the fastest way to check out of a hotel is to not check out at all. So there's this viral clip going around. The woman films herself stratting out of her hotel without so much as a nod to the front desk. She labeled her video with some captions for older generations. That's you or me, by the way she's talking. Yeah, yeah, this is how you check out of a hotel. You just walk out.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 6: No, the front desk doesn't need you to tell them that you're checking out, and they don't need you to ham them your room cap.
Speaker 5: There's my thing on that.
Speaker 6: The amount of times I've gotten home and opened up my handbag and there's still my room key in it.
Speaker 5: And the guilt, the sheer guilt associated with that is awful. Awful.
Speaker 6: I feel like you always try and do the right thing, at least say thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on top of that as well, give me a head start, like, hey, I'm out of there, you might want to get a headstart.
Speaker 3: And all the soiling up there.
Speaker 2: Light of soiling, whoall, Yeah, it's a big old staying fest up there. What is Robert's just basic manners, isn't it? Isn't it? So we've spoken about this behind the scenes. Here's what I'd like the too for me. So if I went to say a pub with a mate, and we're having a few beers. Every single time you'd finish your beer and you went off to another one, you take your glass up, ye would you not?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Folks don't do it, though they sit there made because I think it's cool because the all the beer glasses stacking.
Speaker 2: Up, But people would sit there and let the beer glasses stack up below. It's not my Joe, I'm applying for a service.
Speaker 6: The other one is when you go to a food court and people have those little trays with their fast food on it, say they McDonald's or their KFC, and then they eat it and they demolish it and then they're like, I'll just leave that there for someone else.
Speaker 5: That guy who's going not my job? Is he the same one that soiled the bed.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: He's an absolute slob. You can imagine. I couldn't your belly button popping out?
Speaker 3: Needs a shower, don't you reckon?
Speaker 5: This is the ultimate moral test of a human being.
Speaker 6: Do you after you've gone shopping and you've unpacked your groceries into the car, do you put your trolley button? Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes? Absolutely I do.
Speaker 2: Because the other thing is nothing in this world makes me angrier. And when we try to get into a park huge game tomorrow night, Pie is taking on the Crows. And Crows win this, they lock up the Mint Premiership.
Speaker 6: Let's talk to this man about it because he would know better than anything.
Speaker 5: Or two yes, Jonathan Brown, Good morning morning guys. Is this true fact? I don't think we've beaten Collingwood for nine years?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 7: It's the last ten times nine years. There's been a lot of close games. It's gone really close the last few years. And the Crow supports will say a few different decisions. They played each other early year and Collingwood are a pretty commanding performance. But the Cars got class side this three chance? Isn't it to lock away top spot? Obviously? Haven't won a flag since the late nineties. But this is a very good chance and a very good Cars team at the moment that all the boys I work with a k they reckon. Adelaide's the best team at the moment. The rest of the team seem to have stumbled a little bit. So certainly the carw is there to lose this game for sure. And Collingwood, yeah, they look like they've just lost their major. I don't know, they've been hit by a couple of injuries and just lost their way. But the dangers on the ride of the pause, they whenever they hit on the road US they have pretty good record.
Speaker 5: When do they hit on the road just out of it fairly, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Well, exactly right. That's a good point, Jack. I'm glad you brought that upside the inequities of this system. But you're right. They had away about five times and the about pretty good records. So the big crowd that I think it's been, give me one of the best admostiges the whole season that had laid over tomorrow and I'll be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Brand I still say that you guys had the best squad of all time. It was just an incredible run. How important was it you guys the time you run and did you know when there was a danger of you guys peaking too early during the season.
Speaker 7: You hear about training lads and all that, not to get too teachical, but they would put a bit of work into your late in the season. And now when you say heavy training lads, that might mean you do an extra ten minute running session at the end of training, like that's all it is. It's not like they're sending you out on half marathons once away. It can get thrown out. There is a bit of an excuse sometimes, but it is all about that last six weeks this season. And usually you know, if you look through the last this day and twenty years, the team that gets hot. You know, you need to go back to Western Bulldogs in twenty sixteen when they lost I think four out of their last five games for the year, but then the pre finals by they got about five key players back and then they went on that amazing run of the twenty sixteen Premiership. And so usually it's a team that can get hot. And that's why I probably weighed about Collingland the middle of the year. They might have been just going. It might have been revved up just a fraction.
Speaker 3: Too early, Brady, So who do you reckon right now? Is sitting well?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like brisb and would be quite comfortable with everyone not thinking they were chance, do you know what I mean? And there's only a few weeks ago they smacked up calling when all of a sudden people have written them off because they had one loss.
Speaker 7: They were the favorites, weren't they so well? Collingwood Bristol were the favorite stree weeks ago and when Brisbane cleaned up colling with then everyone goes, now we'll Collingwood can't win and then Sidney Brisbone last week and now Brisbane can't win it and they could miss the finals. No genuine kids taking mister Finals. They lose the next two against Freeman of tonight and then Hawthorne next Sunday night in Brisbane to finish the season. Unbelievably that the results go against and they will miss the finals. So it just shows our coast that season. He is, especially between the top nine teams. So yeah, that's that's concerned to me. It looks like it's really opened up. Apart from Adelaide they're the form tea. But even though they've got some experienced piers there, this group hasn't been the finals before. But the best thing you can do is call far because you know they get two own finals of the Adelaide Arval. They're going to be almost not impossible to beat, but it's going to be buddy hard to beat them against the rabbit crowd there at the Adelaide Arble.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we are hoping leting Adelaie Crow's face. The third place Congwood Magpie is in a blockbuster. Can the Crows hold their ground or with the Magpie swoop in stream? It all live on ko Sports Browdie, thank you so much for your time. We always appreciate you.
Speaker 7: No thanks, Sepia Si Friday.
Speaker 2: Like a strong, beautiful cup of coffee, so too, do you get the same sort of effect with Ryan Fitzgerald on a Friday?
Speaker 3: Jade's just get you there, It gets you there.
Speaker 6: However, I think we've got unhappy Fitzy on the line because I think FITZI has heard a rumor that you and I both endorse Nickelback.
Speaker 2: Oh and he's filthy, it's not happy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's radio silence everyone and You know what, when I'm upset, I usually like to dish out a bit of silent treatment. Yeah, that's what I'm doing today, because you know what, I've worked at this network for twenty one years now. When we first started this audio station, we were sounds different, never sounds different, remember as well, never more than two ads in it row What happened to that? Happened to that black when Murdoch bought the company and went what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Tripled his money straight away.
Speaker 1: But Nickelback has never been played on this network. And now I'm hearing whispers that there's a Nickelback appreciation.
Speaker 3: Clubs in Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Yes, you went in because I'm the president and Jody's the junior vice president.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what, do you like your pants around your feet? Because they're the lyrics that we have to deal with. Pants around Oh my gosh, are you serious this? Why are you going down the Nickelback road?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, this this wasn't Chad's finest moment. We'll say that pants around the feet. He just sort of lost his way and we have said, well, the goady and the sort of half permi looking thing on top of the head.
Speaker 3: He's very hateable, got a bashable face.
Speaker 1: How weird was that was that period where he went out with.
Speaker 5: I've married her Ryan?
Speaker 4: It was just do you know what? We interviewed him. We did interview him once. This was years and years ago.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this, but he has got an ice skating rink under his house?
Speaker 3: Jody, what under his house?
Speaker 5: Oh god, that's outrageous.
Speaker 6: I mean, you can throw it as much shade as you want at Chad Kroger, but he would be absolutely minted with some of his songs and the royalties.
Speaker 5: He would be so minted.
Speaker 1: And I must admit, you've got to give it to him. He knows that he is. He's the butt of all jokes. But do you know what? He plays it really, really well. I think he goes very similar to what James Blunt does and he understands that a lot of people are having a crack at him. But you've just got to you've got to take the pod ablos out of yourself, don't You're gonna laugh at yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might as well join them and you can't beat them. Hey, viz tomorrow night in the hell of a game. And I know you're all about keeping a lid on things, expectations, et cetera. First of all, are you going and what are you going to do? This is the biggest go we're talking about. This might be the biggest game since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son, well, he turns sixteen on Sunday, so I'm taking about four of his mates, which is weird. That's going to be weird to be hanging out with the lads. But we're going down Toelaide Oval. The statistic of we haven't beaten Collingwood in nine years.
Speaker 5: Now, nine years outrageous, isn't it.
Speaker 1: So we owe them massively. And I look, both sides are down on form.
Speaker 4: Collingwood will bounce back. I promise you what they.
Speaker 1: Served up against Hawthorne last week was a one off because their defense and Craig McCrae has them humming. So they will be competitive Saturday night. It's going to be a tough game.
Speaker 6: I'm nervous, yeah, And I'm Alex neilbilland who he's just a gem of a man. We had him in this week and he put a beautiful positive spin on the near loss to West Coast. He said he was really proud of the resilience of the group.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, unbelievable. Has he not got the best nickname as well? Which I think it was your was your nickname in high school? Your first girlfriend gave you that?
Speaker 4: Didn't shet it? Nibbler?
Speaker 3: That's right, So whatever happened to.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 1: It's exciting, guys. We're on top of the ladder. Look, I think that you know we're going to finish top four. We will beat North in the final game. But it's so exciting. I just I do see as well that everyone has upgraded their memberships to gold memberships and that's completely sold out because you do get a Grand Final ticket.
Speaker 4: But that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Are you feeling the buzz? Like you're a man about town? You live down South like, are you feeling the bus?
Speaker 2: I swear you're starting to feel it like your average supporter and your average South Australia is starting to go, hang.
Speaker 3: On, we could be going on here finally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am feeling the buzz.
Speaker 1: It takes me back to twenty seventeen and how exciting the lead up to twenty seventeen was. And we all know that that preliminary final against Geelong and remember Rory Sloane cleaned up Patrick dangerfield and the crowd was going off. Then the Grand Final we kicked the first three goals, Eddie Betts kicks one and I'm going we're off here. Then it came crashing down after that. But do you know what that's it's a great the lead up to finals and if you're going to finish top and the way that we're playing, why wouldn't you get behind it. I haven't felt a buzz like this since I've been up to Caipo forests and not one of those mushrooms.
Speaker 6: Where you go, do you get around the merch? Do you wear the courage jumper when you go along.
Speaker 1: I've got one of the retro woolen jumpers and I used to wear it and thought I was so cool jades until a couple of players. I can't remember who told me, but one of the players went, you do look like a bit of a durface wearing new guns and stuff.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, this is so fresh that.
Speaker 4: You're a grown You're a grown man, mate. You were on a fitzy.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you and we'll catch up with you next week.
Speaker 4: Love you guys, speak to you then and we'll leave you with.
Speaker 3: The theme song from your MySpace page.
Speaker 2: Back in the Day's a tight little space. This has become thirteen to eleven in my favor. Yes, we're given the year of twenty twelve. It's two songs. Which was I'm going to say twenty twelve. I'm not overly happy with that year for music.
Speaker 5: Oh wow?
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry, sorry, angry at all the artists in twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: We did not live up to your expectations.
Speaker 3: Can't win more. I went with this guy. It's been a flow rider. I went nice and early too.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know why I should leg the float rider so aggressively.
Speaker 5: What's your singing about?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 3: Whistle? I don't know about blinde whistle going on the foot is something. He's supporting a team. What's happening here?
Speaker 5: He's in favor of the umpires.
Speaker 3: What do you mean blow on the whistle? Is that what it's about? Yeah, it's about umpires.
Speaker 6: Yeah, flow riders actively getting around the afel umpires.
Speaker 3: Why my whistle?
Speaker 2: Okay, he's saying this is Raiser Ray Chamberlain's favorite song. Okay, interesting times all right, Well, we had flow rider whistle.
Speaker 3: Up against a bit of a classic from Pink.
Speaker 4: All right, blow.
Speaker 5: Producing Lucy?
Speaker 3: In fact, in fact, something just occurred to me. I feel like both those songs are quite similar. Thinked, did I just one of the last way to pick that up? Or what?
Speaker 2: I didn't say it?
Speaker 6: When I raised that with you? What that song was about? And you look dead behind the eyes? I thought, he doesn't get it. He didn't get it until now.
Speaker 2: How does flow Rider know about the umpiring fraturn it in the all about that at all?
Speaker 5: How does Pink know about this?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Here we go, Let's give it a bit of a drum roll. We need a winner here.
Speaker 6: Let me go Producy Lucy the winner on fifty three percent, three to forty seven.
Speaker 3: Come on, thank you. Bear in mind I have no more space in my chest for medals.
Speaker 5: But well you won't need it because the winner was Joe. What with the old Pink?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Pink blow me one last year?
Speaker 2: So that takes us to thirteen to twelve in my favor, Congratulations to you, Joe,