Speaker 1: On Scorn Louds Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the reader Panety Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the REATA Pannecky show coming up tonight. Premier disenter Alan jard at the Bush Summitt in Bendigo. Why will locals in our own electorate fed up with the Victorian premieur speak to doctor Joanna Howe about the disturbing, chilling testimony of a brave nurse who detailed how Australian newborns who are unwanted are treated in our hospitals. We'll bring you the latest from the US with James Morrow.
Speaker 4: And we always leave a little time.
Speaker 3: For lefties losing it. Even the lefties are mocking the Democrats.
Speaker 5: The Democrats and people who prosecuted sexual predators and.
Speaker 3: Joining me now a Sky News contributor prove mcswede prove. Victorian Premier just Inter Allen was at the Bush Summit in Bendigo, her electorate and it didn't go well. She gave a lengthy speech, but then she was heckled by locals furious with the high cost of energy and the manner in which renewable projects are impacting their communities.
Speaker 6: It also provides not just a more secure form of energy. It's a cheaper form of energy. We're nearly at forty percent. So how do we get excuse ladies and generains.
Speaker 3: What are we going to do to get this sector well?
Speaker 1: Jameson of the.
Speaker 6: Community, with respect to the audience, I am going to finish that sentence. Victoria has the lowest amongst the lowest wholesale energy prices in the national energy market.
Speaker 3: National Senator Bridget McKenzie was also at the Bush summit and she responded to Premier Allan's claims.
Speaker 7: For the Premier to sit in this town and tell this audience on the TV and in this room that being serious about climate change means you need to.
Speaker 8: Trash our ability.
Speaker 7: To produce food in this country, I think says everything you need to know about the Labor Party. If you want to be a prosperous, sustainable and sovereign country in twenty ninety, you're not going to do it with wind and solar renewables. You're going to do it with a baslow power generation that is net zero emissions like nuclear power generation.
Speaker 3: Prue. This is a huge issue in regional areas throughout the country where they're not being consulted. When they are consulted, their views are disregarded and they're having these projects inflicted on their communities. And as an Australian, I don't live in the bush, but I do travel around the country, and the damage being done to the natural environment, never mind the cost of it, is a I just wonder if city people don't really know what's happening out there, and once they find out, I think they're going to be just as furious at the damage being done to our beautiful countryside.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Rita. You know, the Regional Australia. Regional Australia has been the poor cousin of the city slickers for so long, but it's great to see that they're now starting to become more vocal. I mean, they're not buying this clap trap that this government and all the labor governments are selling, which of course is that renewable story. The narrative just doesn't work. They're seeing with their own eyes how the environment is being destroyed, how they have been relegated to second class citizens, that they can't even afford to produce because of the cost of energy, and the fact that their farms in a lot of cases are being decimated, you know, obtained by the government for the environment, and then they plow through kilometers of Christine Environment great agricultural land to put in their transmission lines. So it's happening in the bush. But I think also we're seeing as we did in Northern Territory, and we'll see in Queensland. I think Australians generally are onto the scam and it won't be long before labor will learn a very hard lesson. But of course in the meantime they're ruining this country and the economy.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you I was there in Bendigo this morning. The crowd listened politely for quite a length of time to the speech and then the interview that we saw a little bit of there. But when she started talking about this is a cheaper form of energy, I think it was just it was all they could cope with. And I don't blame a few of them for making their feelings known because they've been ignored. This is what what we keep hearing, that they are actually voicing their opinions, and those opinions they don't care about it that the city slickers come in. They've got a plan and they implemented and the locals are really they're treated like a nuisance. Now let's go to the UK. A woman in London is fighting for her life in hospital after being one of three people stabbed actually Nottinghill Carnival. Former Scotland Yard detective Mike Neville said the notting Hill Carnival is the ultimate example of two tier policing that've had lots of problems at this particular event over the years. There's allegations offices are too scared to make arrests or check for weapons at the Caribbean Carnival for fear of looking racist. The same goes for segments of the media.
Speaker 4: It has to be said, prou.
Speaker 3: Here is a report from sky News UK last hour.
Speaker 9: They've given us an update that they've made thirty eight arrests and recovered four knives and they said a man believed to be in his twenties has been stabbed. His injuries are not life threatening, but overall it's been a really peaceful and enjoyable.
Speaker 3: Day for people, mostly peaceful stabbing Prough. I mean, it's almost a comedy routine, but they just have got this approach where they were treated very differently. If the ethnic background of those party goers was different. How did the UK get here? May mean this is just racist, is what it is. You can call it reverse racism, positive discrimination, it's all the same thing.
Speaker 8: It's racism.
Speaker 1: Well we're seeing it here too, Reta. I mean in UK, of course, we've seen so much tolerance by the police turning a blind eye to what's going on with all the protests and they're concerned about allegations of racism or racial profiling. They're racially motivated protests and this is the problem that we're seeing it here in Australia and around the world, where police tiptoe around it, and you know, it all comes down to the question of whether there is enough ability to integrate in these countries anymore. With this alarming amount of immigration, the are porous borders that people who live in the West are wondering how these cultures are ever going to blend and live in harmony.
Speaker 3: All they need to do is just treat everybody the same, So you just apply the law and you don't make special compensations for people because of their background. I mean, that is the least we should be expecting from authorities, including the police force. But You're right, we're seeing signs of it right here Australia and should it be stamped out very quickly. Let's talk about the ABC. We're getting an insight into what led to the resignation of Managing director David Anderson. The Australian reports Anderson had a difference of opinion with ABC check Kim Williams over the recent Four Corners investigation into the workplace culture at seven seven networker. Multiple sources told The Australian that Williams expressed a view that the episode, fronted by investigative reporter Louise Milligan, failed to meet the high editorial standards of Four Corners. Mister Anderson and his Director of News and Current Affairs, Justin Stevens, thought otherwise, well, Anderson.
Speaker 8: Is gone or going?
Speaker 3: What do you make of this development?
Speaker 1: Well, having seen Kim Williams in action before, I found it really interesting and refreshing that this government appointed him to that position because he wouldn't tolerate the nonsenses going on in the ABC. And yeah, he was very quick to specify what the rules the new order was going to be and from that, of course, David Anderson was a dead man walking as will probably some of the so called stars of the ABC, who I think feel that they are born to rule and that it's their way or the highway for anyone who wants to change it. Kim William Williams is a force to be reckoned with. So I think it will be fascinating to see what happens and how this unfolds. But we may be as taxpayers starting to get more bang for our buck down the track.
Speaker 3: I think you're getting very optimistic there proof. I think the ABC is by the staff for the staff, and I think in the end they always get their way. Now, this is a worrying story, not surprising. Afghanistan under the Taliban continues to be a horror show for women. They're now banning women from even looking at a man who she's not related to, and girls remain banned from secondary school.
Speaker 10: Afghan women are now banned from showing their faces or speaking out loud in public, and they can't even look at a man that they're not related to. It's part of a new law passed by the Taliban, the hardline Islamic group that has ruled Afghanistan since Western forces left in twenty twenty one. The rules say a woman must cover her body and face in public to avoid tempting others. They also ban women from singing or reading aloud in public and make it illegal for anyone to play music through.
Speaker 3: The Taliban claim that this new set of laws is going to promote virtue.
Speaker 1: You know, the patriarchy is alive and well and thriving, not just in the Middle East, which is more like the Middle Ages as we know, but also in the West. This oppression of these women in the Middle East is just so distressing, but it is part of their culture and I cannot see you know now the Western forces left what in twenty twenty one, leaving billions of dollars. This was Biden, of course, leaving all this million, multimillion dollar equipment for them to avail themselves of. And we of course are seeing here in Australia women are being oppressed. They're being denied their actual female the feminine biological birthright these days. So it's alive and well and thriving throughout the world. But you obviously feel very sad for these women in Afghanistan, These young girls who can't go to school, have no real future, while Talaban are in power and I don't know that America or any of the Western countries would have the fortitude or willingness to step in and try and change it now and prove.
Speaker 3: One of the things that has always appalled me about the feminist movement, the modern feminist movement, not only are they not standing with women in the West who are fighting for their sex based rights, trying to protect their sports, their areas where the we're talking about change rooms, shelters, websites that might want to be women only, but they're not doing anything to really advocate for the most oppressed women in the world, and that is the ones who are living under Islam, where they are second class citizens, they are systematically subjugated. You look at the treatment of women in Afghanistan and you don't see rallies, you don't see efforts to put pressure on that government to have boycotts. It just doesn't seem to be top of mind for the Sisterhood.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the Sisterhood's very selective, aren't they about who they will advocate for, and very much pick and choose. But you're right, the world's standing by appalled at what we're seeing. But whether they think it's just too hard Biden and the West tried to take on well clear out the Taliban, but of course cut and run and empowered them even more.
Speaker 3: Pre McSween thanks for your time tonight. This year's Naplan results revealed one in three Australian students are failing to meet basic proficiency benchmarks, with nearly half a million pupils requiring intervention to help them catch up. Joining me now is the IPA's national manager of that class action program, Colleen Harken. Colleen Education Unions and more than one state education minister says the answer to this is more funding. Is that how you say it?
Speaker 11: No, Look, in the last fifteen years, the budget for education has more than doubled, so we're at seventy nine billion dollars a year now, and in that same period our results have gone backwards. So a teenager, a fifteen year old is now about fourteen or fifteen months behind where they were sixteen years ago. So money is actually clearly not the issue. What really needs to happen is an address of how the teachers are taught. IPA's research shows it about a year and a third of an university teacher training course is full of woke decolonization, all of that sort of stuff. So the teacher has not been trained properly to do the job that they're supposed to be able to do, and explicit teaching is not being a focus. So it's the effect of money versus results is not there. What actually has to happen is an address of where the problem starts and that doesn't cost money, that will actually save us money.
Speaker 3: But we've known this for so long I think anyone who is not a leftist activist would acknowledge the curriculum is a problem. It has just been hijacked by social engineering and politics and isn't really focused on academic excellence. But how do we do something about it because we had a supposedly conservative federal government in for decade and didn't really do much to fix the curriculum.
Speaker 11: No, and the national curriculum actually specifically states that Aboriginal and Torres Straate Island's history and culture and sustainability are the priorities. Yeah, it doesn't state that children learning to read and write and be competent and not have a third of the nation's children. Failing that doesn't sort of seem to be that the message is not getting through.
Speaker 3: And the contentious, divisive activism that is pushed onto vulnerable children, impressionable children, often with their parents really ignorant. A lot of parents don't know what's happening in the classroom. Of course they speak to their kids. I might see the homework they're doing, but the day to day content of their curriculum. I think a lot of people would be shocked by just how political it is when you'd expect them just to be taught facts and how to think about things critically rather than what to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, most parents would be quite unaware of what their children are being taught. And that's because what they call the cross curriculum priorities, that it is mandated that there's no subject that's called ideology or colonization or climate emergency, but it's embedded into every subject, at every year level, at every opportunity. And no young child is going to come home and say, I learned how to count today through aboriginal dance. But that's actually what's happening. And the parents who do, who are alluded to this, are actually finding out after the damage has already been done, When young children as young as five and six are going home crying about the Stolen Generation, for example, and they've been taught that within reading or within equity inclusion and all these sorts of things. So it's highly politicized, or.
Speaker 3: They're needing psychological care because they have climate anxiety. I've spoken to child's psychologists about this. They actually treat kids who should be well. They are the most privileged, luckiest kids in the world really to be living in Australia at a time of peace and prosperity, but their mental health is damaged because they're basically told the world's ending and them and everyone they love is going to die.
Speaker 12: It is just.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's borderline child abuse if you ask me. Now, I want to ask you about this University of Melbourne study that has found some classroom layouts, including the very fashionable open classroom model, well it's apparently negatively affecting literacy. The lead researcher, Professor Gary Rand, said he was shocked by the strength of the findings and the clear difference in academic achievement between the two settings. So sixty five percent of the kids developed their literacy at a faster rate when they were in an enclosed classroom. So the results were very really quite striking and surprising. He said, this is pretty compelling data. What percentage of classrooms do we know are this open plan model? Because I know it is fashionable and popular.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it's a i'll call it a fad that's been around for decades and it's based on an allegiance to a flawed ideology that children are actually the masters of their own learning. So this inquiry learning sort of scenario where you sit around in groups and there might be multiple groups and multiple classrooms. Some of these classrooms have up to one hundred children Oh great in them, and I mean we've all been in busy restaurants and shopping centers that make it very difficult to hear, and how exhausting that is, and how exhausting it is to concentrate. And what's really interesting is most of these open playing classrooms are found with young children whose auditory skills are still developing and they don't even yet have the language skills to fill the gaps if they didn't hear. So that research has there's been you know, research previously, but that's a Melbourne based one and again it reinforces the fact that these environments are not helpful to the children in those classrooms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this whole student led teaching is recipe for failure. Now, a review into the future of Victoria's into school sporting program is underway, aiming to shift the focus away from year round team sports and competitions things like football and rowing, and instead focus more on things like yoga and plati is. The Associated Public c School's sporting program is seeking to remove heightened senses of competition amongst private schools by embracing more recreational sports and activities. Calling this one has got parents at private schools fired up like nothing else. What do you make of this?
Speaker 11: And understandably because parents who choose to send their children to an independent school they know well ahead that Saturday morning sport is part of the deal. And it's been known for a long time sporting activity is good for mental health and physical health, and that there's a lot to be learned from competitive sport, resilience, team effort, failure, all of those sorts of you know, good skills, expl turning up to correcting, being on the getting out of bed, no off you go. So they're all terrific skills. But what this is really interesting is it's an example of another breakdown of social cohesion, because what these schools do very well is build a sense of positive community spirit. Children who go out of these schools love to represent their school. Where there's school colors, they go and support each other. You see it all the time in the people don't like to refer to it, but the old boys they love it right. So they're building a positive framework about their community. And this is just an example of breaking down that social cohesion.
Speaker 3: I just do not see the upside. I don't know why they would even contemplate this. There's a plenty of downside. And you know, at the end of the day, if there's a particular kid who doesn't want to participate, then that's a choice the family can make. But like you said, you send your kids to these schools partly because of the sporting programs and everything that brings to a child's life. Colleen har Can thank you so much for your time. It's no problem still to come. Left is losing it and lies, damn lies, and the Democrats. James Morrow will be here to unhappily later to make.
Speaker 8: Years welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties losing it. Let's start lefties with a little frivolity, and you know, despite the North Korean style media campaign, the Democrats are in trouble when even John Stewart is mocking the DNC and he's lefty crowd are lapping it up.
Speaker 5: They had a guy yelling screw the billionaires.
Speaker 13: Followed immediately by a very happy billionaire.
Speaker 5: It's all okay.
Speaker 10: If it's our billionaire.
Speaker 3: They had guys.
Speaker 10: Making fun of people for going to Yale, and a bunch of people who.
Speaker 3: Went to Yale.
Speaker 13: The Democrats had people who prosecuted sexual predators.
Speaker 3: And that was actually funny. I'm as shocked as anybody now. I'm not sure what this next clip is, but I find it weird and wrong. Can we stop trying to sexualize kids? Just who is this aimed at?
Speaker 8: I am gay? Are your name? And if not, would you like to.
Speaker 14: Try to be gay?
Speaker 2: We're taking new applications and it's really fun.
Speaker 14: You get magical powers and free honey buns. Your mom is gay and so is your dad.
Speaker 10: If you're not gay, it's.
Speaker 3: Really too bad, weird, weird. You'll remember the infamous reporting from CNN claiming that the BLM riots were fiery but mostly peaceful. What's more, peaceful than entire buildings destroyed. But over in the UK they are also borrowing from this playbook.
Speaker 9: And in the last hour they've given us an update that they've made thirty eight arrests and recovered four knives, and they said a man believed to be in his twenties has been stabbed. His injuries are not life threatening, but overall it's been a really peaceful and enjoyable date.
Speaker 3: Mostly peaceful and enjoyable. Stabbings wonderful, and guess what, there are a couple more stabbings later that day. Now to more words lefties losing it want to ban by deeming them racist akin to using the N word. It won't surprise you that the list is utterly ridiculous and designed to protect race bats and DEI advocates from criticism.
Speaker 15: Ten ways you say the N word without seeing the N word. If you use any of these terms or phrases in reference to black people, you are just as racist as the person that actually uses the N word. Here are the words doug, ghetto, welfare, queen, lazi, spader, race scrifter, threatening, angry, dangerous, or you say that we're playing the victim, or we are a diversity higher. What you actually mean to say is the N word. Just stop it. If you say these words are phrases, you were calling us the N word. If you say these ignorant racist terms or phrases around your children, you're also teaching your children to be racist, just like you.
Speaker 3: Now, more lefties losing it with my next guess. We heard a lot of lies of the DNC, from Biden repeating the fine People hoax again, to Kamala's Pinocchio performance, to Michelle Obama telling the crowd Trump wants to outlaw IVF, but Trump seems to climb.
Speaker 7: Otherwise taking away our freedom to control our bodies, the freedom to become a mother through iv F, Like I.
Speaker 5: Did, we want to make it easier for mothers and families to have babies, not harder. That includes supporting the availability of fertility treatments like IVF in every state in America. Like the overwhelming majority of Americans, including the vast majority of Republicans, Conservatives, Christians, and pro life Americans, I strongly support the availability of IVF for couples who are trying to have a precious baby.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Guy News, host of The US Report. Am I Outsider's co host James Morrow. James, there was a great deal of victriol at the Democratic National Convention, a lot of lies. But what sort of a boost did it give the Democrats? And who do I believe there? Because I'm hearing two very different accounts about the Republican stance on IVF and Donald Trump's stance on IVF.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Donald Trump laid it out right there. And there's this whole thing that the Democrats are trying to lean into, this idea that the Republicans have some whole plan to ban abortion, that Donald Trump's a huge social conservative on that score. I mean, if you look at Donald Trump in his personal life, you know, I just don't think that he's a kind of a medal in the bedroom with government kind of guy. But the thing is that the Democrats, they are leading very much into the whole abortion reproductive rights issue simply because for them, they've decided to rebrand themselves as a party of freedom. And yet this is literally the only thing where they want to remove restrictions on anything. You know, the Democrats are all about creating new rules, new bureaucracies, new restrictions on all sorts of human activities. I mean, you know, right down to you know, the showerhead you use and what you use to cook your food and what car you drive to work and all of this sort of thing. So there's a real double game they're playing there. And the thing is they can get away though, with these sort of lives about what the GOP platform is because they are not being fact checked on this at all. The President care the press is carrying water for them, and they say, oh, well, you know, like whatever, our job now is to get Harris over the line.
Speaker 3: That seems to be the number one priority for the overwhelming majority of the US media. They're not even shy about it. It's North Korean style antics. Really, it's this sort of thing you would expect from state media in North Korea. Now let's talk about Robert F. Kennedy endorsing Trump. I'm still unsure about what this will mean for the Trump campaign, and I don't think you can expect to see all his supporters simply switching to Trump. Maybe I know some of them won't even bother voting. But before I get your analysis, let's listen to Kennedy explain why he left the Democrats.
Speaker 14: It'll become the Party of war, censorship, corruption, big farmer, big tech, big egg and big money. Wanted abandoned democracy by canceling the primary to see you that I decline of the sitting president. I left the party.
Speaker 3: The Party of war, censorship and corruption. James, what impact will Kennedy's endorsement have, Well.
Speaker 2: I think what it's going to do. The analysis that I've seen shows that Kennedy voters will probably break about three to two for Trump. So there's a small boost there in some of those swing states. It could make quite a difference, of course, because you know, it's like with our marginal electorates in Australia. You know, this is this is where it actually matters. It's not about the popular votes but getting over the line in different states. But what Kennedy said there was a complete break with the Democratic Party, and I think the diagnosis that he made was largely correct. I mean it is, as I suggest before, the Democrats, who really are all about, you know, controlling the narrative, controlling the media, controlling social media, controlling what people can say, controlling what people can think. You know, whether it's through wokeness and political correctness in HR or whether it is through more sinister things you've seen, like you know, the way the White House worked with Twitter before it was owned by Elon Musk and Facebook to dial down stories that were unflattering to the Biden family and stories about COVID and things like that. You know, so Kennedy is really right there. I mean, he's basically taking a kind of a libertarian position possibly on some things, will be you know, further out there on a lot of other things. But you know, like I kind of not hugely bothered by that because he's not doesn't have an official position. He's throwing his support to Trump. And if you want to talk about Bonker's positions, just look at the Democrat Party platform, which Kamala Harris has inherited.
Speaker 3: Well, look at her VP pick and his track record never mind hers. But again, the media uninterested in really scrutinizing any of that. In fact, they've gone out of their way to rebrand Kamala as some amazing leader when a couple of months ago she was the problem. She will one of the Biden Whitehouse's biggest problems.
Speaker 8: How long will.
Speaker 3: This honeymoon last? Though, because there has to be a point where you would hope that questions would be asked about her track record, her performance, what she really stands for, because we're getting again this play where she's the tough prosecutor, But then we know the state of California and law enforcement there and the impact she had whilst she was a g So, I mean, that's at odds with her being a law and order figure. How are they going to bamboozle the American people all the way to November.
Speaker 2: Well, they're using the vibe. This is all politics of the vibe. It is the vibe of the thing, as we say in Australia. Know, this is the thing. They are basically actively avoiding doing anything that might break this spell of you know, joy and the other people are weird, you know, and all this kind of mean girl in group high school politics, which is basically what it comes down to what they're trying to practice here. It's now I think was it's the twenty twenty sixth of August. They had said a couple of weeks ago that Kamala Harris would do would do a sit down interview by the end of the month. Well, the end of the month is coming up on us fast. I don't see the media much except for a few people really baying for that sort of scrutiny. I don't think they want to give her that scrutiny because Kamala Harris as soon as she starts to talk off script, you know, and has to start defending things, and we're talking about things like, you know, price controls. She floated that the other day, taxes on your unearned or unrealized capital gains, which is bonkers, higher corporate taxes, and a lot of stuff in the DNC platform, including things like basically a huge amnesty program for illegal aliens to get them to become eventually citizens. And you'd assume Democrat voters she's gonna have to own all that, she's gonna have to answer to that. She's also running away from debates. I don't even know that if they're going to wind up doing one with Trump now when Trump and I think agreed to three with Biden. So that's where we are. Early voting is going to start in some of these states soon. So this is really it's just you know, our last quarter of the game, running out the clock, hoping that they can get over the line. But it's really sinister, and really, these are the people who keep banging on about threats to democracy, right, Well, I don't see them really engaging with this in the spirit of democracy at all.
Speaker 3: Well, they invalidated fourteen million votes when they installed Kamala and yeah, ran Biden out of town. So that's a pretty big threat to democracy right there, undermining the democratic process. Now, you mentioned fact checking sites and how they take the day off whenever the Democrats say something, and that's seems to be the case here with PolitiFact insisting that Donald Trump, well haven't taken a day off. They've gone out of their way to find something false that is actually true. They're saying that Donald Trump is false to assert that Kamala Harris ever supported abolishing the Immigration and Customs Enforcement ICE as we call it, but even CNN reported on her support for that in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 13: Have a look a bol of schase. This is a refrain that we've heard increasingly from your democratic colleagues, some even potential twenty twenty contenders, like Bernie Sanders, Senator Kamala Harris, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Kirsten Jill Brann. They've all called to a ball of shade.
Speaker 3: Who is fact checking the fact checkers. But this is a case with a range of policies, isn't it. James fracking, for example, which is a massive issue in the crucial swing state of Pennsylvania. She was on the record, there's so many videos of her saying I would ban fracking on day one, and now apparently she's done a complete Again, is that credible?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not credible. And you know, Rita, there's another example of this. We had this a couple of weeks ago when everybody was saying, you know, Kamala Harris, you were the borders are. Joe Biden named you the borders are. Your responsibility was to deal with stuff with the southern border. She never went and visited the southern border. And then you know, once she started getting caughd all that you suddenly had the press go in on a full court press sect. Oh no, no, no, no, she was never the borders are. When thankfully the internet hasn't gone full nineteen eighty four yet and you can still go back and find you know, all the same ount let's end mecc and then all these guys say, you know, Kamala Harrison, name borders are by Joe Biden. You this back in twenty twenty or twenty one, and then of course she absolutely nothing. Remember Rita when she was asked about why she hadn't been to the border that time, and she said, well, I've never been to Europe either. I mean, this is you know, like, this is what we're dealing with. That's why, that's why they don't want to put her in front of the press. But the press also doesn't want to have her put in front of them because they might actually have to ask a hard question.
Speaker 3: Well, the press, you would think, would least try to be a little bit more balanced after the debarcle of well being exposed about lying about Biden's cognitive decline, because again, for three and a half years, if not more, they presented any doubts about Biden's cognitive abilities as right wing conspiracies and disinformation and a threat to democracy until that infamous debate where suddenly, for about two weeks, actually did their job. Now I want to ask you about piece he wrote that has inspired a fairly bizarre response I would say from the editor of New Matilda, Chris Graham, he is a taking issue with your piece on Labour's immigration policy, where you use data from the IPA to illustrate how labor is bringing in a tsunami of migrants one point one five million since they took power under a Big Australia by stealth program, he wrote. Chris Graham wrote, the author of the IPA report is a man named doctor Kevin You and speaking of you, if you like me, saw that surname and thought to yourself, hmmm, you sound pretty migranty to me. You'd be correct. He's a photo of doctor You. He's from South Korea, Nolvy in Sydney. And here's a bonus punchline. The author of the Daily Telegraph story is their national affairs editor James Morrow.
Speaker 8: Morrow is also an immigrant.
Speaker 3: Well this is very interesting, James. I think I knew Matilda seemed to think migrants to this country are obligated to support open borders Big Australia.
Speaker 2: What sort of I mean, Rita. They you know they caught me out here, yes, oh you know you couldn't tell me my voice in constant talking about New York that I actually don't come from here. But you know, this was a really bizarre hit, or attempted hit by these guys, because if you think about it, you know what is the left always say, oh, well, you know, we're all immigrants to this country, you know, unless we're you know, Aboriginal or indigenous. You know, we're all migrants to this country, and so we don't really have any sort of standing here. And then suddenly it's sort of like they're running the whole. You know, we grew here, you flew here. Line on myself and the doctor from the IPA who did the numbers, they can't, by the way, RITA criticize the numbers. The numbers are one hundred percent spot on that more migrants have been brought in under this term of government than in any other previous term of government, you know, in a century. So the numbers are completely correct. So what do they do on the left, Well, they attack the person who's saying it, and they say, well, you don't have the right to talk about that because you're a migrant. Well i'll tell you something. The reason why reader, I talk about migration and a lot of other issues in this country and involved and I'm involved in public life here is because I'm a migrant and I love this country and I want to keep it great and I want to see him become greater.
Speaker 3: Well, It's such a lefty tactic, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Total.
Speaker 3: Don't dispute the data, just say you're not allowed to hold that opinion because, like you said, you flew here, I a grew here about it. Just the most bizarre piece, James Morrow, thank you for your time this evening.
Speaker 2: Thanks reader.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, chilling testimony from a brave midwife blowing.
Speaker 4: The whistle on I want to Babe's.
Speaker 8: Blow in my life.
Speaker 3: You're watching the reader Penny show my next topic. Distressing to some viewers. A parliamentary hearing in Queensland heard horrific accounts from a courageous midwife who explained what happens when unwanted babies are born alive.
Speaker 12: To give you a first example, a mother made a decision to a born a baby at twenty one plus week's gestation. The process began in the morning with music prostyl given throughout the day. The process took all day and the baby was only delivered early hours of the night shift where skeleton staff was on.
Speaker 3: Judy Louise Atseatt, who is a clinical midwife and has worked in maternity and birthing units for around fourteen years, also told the hearing about how babies cling on to life for hours, receiving no medical assistance to save their lives or to alleviate their pain.
Speaker 12: This baby moved vigorously, gasp for breath and had a palpable heart rate. To make it clear, this baby was alivee it was over four hundred grams, so the baby was a good way the parents of us to not desire to see or hold this baby. Midlis and doctors were left holding this little life while it continued to While they continue to provide cares for other women we're birthing and walking them babies into the world. This baby boy fought for his life for five hours before taking his final breath. This is not uncommon occurrence.
Speaker 3: Five hours, five hours. The inquiry into Babies Born Alive was looking into enthrining legislative protection for babies to survive abortion, either in the form of palliative care for those who will not live long or medical care for those who will. Joining me now, as professor of law at the University of Adelaide, doctor Joanna Howe, doctor how that testimony is harrowing. It certainly moved United Australia Senator Ralph Babbett to introduce an urgency motion asking Senators to vote on the importance of medical care for babies who survive abortion, but it was defeated.
Speaker 16: It's unbelievable, reader, thirty two votes to eighteen that was voted down, which tells you something about the quality of people that are in our Senate. Universally unanimously, Labor and the Greens voted against that motion, and it was a simple motion.
Speaker 3: It was a motion that.
Speaker 16: Said, if a baby is born alive after an abortion, they should be entitled to equal protection under the law. So it is absolutely it's just disturbing, Like, I actually can't understand how anybody, any Australian could vote against emotion calling for equal treatment for those children, especially after the harrowing, groundbreaking, courageous testimony of Louise ad Set the day before, who blew the lid on this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Well, why aren't we seeing other midwives, nurses, doctors speaking out if this is happening regularly, and surely Moore would be speaking out.
Speaker 16: Reader, they can't. So Louise ad Set had parliamentary privilege. She was she was giving evidence to a parliamentary inquiry in Queensland, and so an employer can't take punitive action against you for something you say to a parliamentary inquiry, but any other midwife who speaks out about this will lose their job. That is just the reality of this. Immediately after Louise gave that extraordinarily brave testimony, doctor Alicia Broom from the same hospital, who's an obstrician, gave evidence to the inquiry saying babies are not born alive and left to die, so essentially disputing the very credibility of this incredibly brave midwife who came forward to say this. The reality is the peak bodies ranscog Ama. They're all lined up, and any midwife or nurse who's on the ground dealing with these babies who are gasping for air, who are struggling to breathe, who are left on metal plates for up to hours, these midwives and nurses are not protected. But I have now, since Luiz gave that testimony, I've actually had five more midwives come to me and to speak to me about this. So I'm going to be airing these on my YouTube, but I'm going to have to disguise their voice and their face because otherwise who knows what will happen to them. So you know, this is a tragedy occurring under our very noses in our hospitals every single week in this country. It has to be fixed. We do need more people to come forward. But the reality is the medical profession is not safe for people like Louise to talk about this in ordinary life, to people like you and me on camera. It just won't protect them because this is legal, and you can only blow the whistle on stuff that's not illegal, and so so sorry, it can only blow the whistle on things that are illegal. And the reality is it is legal in our country and it happens once every seven days that a baby is born alive and left to die with our right to medical care.
Speaker 3: The nurses you've I've spoken to the midwives that have come forward since Louis's testimony. Are they also in Queensland? What have they told you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 16: I've had one come forward from Victoria and the others are from Queensland and they have told me about these little babies who are born and one of them actually offered to adopt the baby, and she fought with the people above her to say, look, I want to take care of this baby. This baby can live and she was shut down and the baby was left to die. And that is just a heartbreaking story. But I've had other midwives and has come forward to tell me stories of these babies who they want to hold them, but they're not counted as patients. So under Queensland law, the Miles government actually did change the midwife to patient ratios in a positive way a few weeks ago, but these babies who are born alive after an abortion, they're not counted as patients. So one midwife told me of a situation where she wanted to hold this baby that was born alive and she wrapped them in a blanket, but then the coll bell rang, so she had to put the baby down and just leave that baby gasping for air in the dirty you know, and they go in the dirty pan room, so they go where the dirty dishes are and that's where they're left gasping for air until they passed. So it's an absolute natural disgrace. These senators who did not vote for this last week. It's just hard to comprehend and it shows you that we need it. And it wasn't a massive wake up call in this country, and.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just the Greens and Labor. We had liberal senators and what is the concern from these people? I mean, it seems to me insane not to be giving assistance to a baby that is gasping for breath, that somehow holds on to life for five hours despite not getting any medical assistance. Are they scared that if you acknowledge that this happens and have some sort of a pro says where they have to receive treatment, that it will put late term abortion under threat. Is that why they're voting against this motion. It's hard to understand why anybody would be against giving assistance to a baby that is struggling for breath.
Speaker 16: There were four liberals Senator Hume, Senator Birmingham, Senator Bragg and Senator Mariakovichik who voted against giving ecal treatment to children born alive. Senator Maria Covidchick stood up in the Parliament and gave four reasons as to why she was voting against ecal treatment for these babies. She said that we haven't had enough time to discuss this. She said, this is not urgent, She said, these babies, the data, she questioned, the data on this not being one baby a week, and she also said this is a decision between a woman and her doctor. Now, the reality is the Senate has had a Born Alive Protection bill for eighteen months on the books, so Covidchik needs to do a job and get up to speed. The data is very clear. It's one baby a week, and that's justin Queensland and Victoria, one baby a week who is born alive without a legal right to care. And this argument, but doctor How, it.
Speaker 4: How it doesn't make sense. Reader, I just think it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you think that data is wrong, if you think it's been overstated, fine you can still pass the legislation. The legislation isn't related to data. It's related to making sure a baby that's born alive after a failed abortion gets some medical care. So, whether it's one a week, one a year, why would that prevent you from passing the legislation. I think we need far more scrutiny, particularly from those liberal senators you mentioned, doctor Joana How, thank you for your time this evening, and that's.
Speaker 8: It from now.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Good night,