Speaker 1: On scor us Oskodia. It's the Reader Panehy Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panehy Show. Coming up tonight, Australia's Gender Equality Ambassador spend over three hundred thousand dollars of your money in less than two years on airfares and hotels. Gary Hardgrave will join me shortly to discuss that and much more. Professor im Plimer will be here to fact check the Prime Minister's latest claims about renewable energy. Also joining me tonight is Alex Stein with the latest from the US, and later in the hour best in the Business, Kinsey Schofield with royal and celebrity news, including Justin Trudeaux anticks at a Tailor Swift concert and of course Left He's Losing It features more Trump induced meltdowns.
Speaker 3: May dresses were too long? After what our country has been through this week, you all deserve to see my unfiltered.
Speaker 2: Joining me now a Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave. Gary. Australians have the worst decline in living standards since the nineteen fifties, with analysis of Australian Bureau of Statistic STATA showing the fall in living standards over the past two years is worse than what we suffered during the last four recessions. Australia is doing considerably worse than many other developed nations. Gary it all paints are rather alarming picture. We can't ignore the fact that we're in a per capita recession right now. It seems to be glossed over, but the reality is hitting households.
Speaker 4: And reader's been like that for what eighteen months, maybe even two years. I mean, look, we came out of COVID and we knew times were tough in COVID. We pulled everything back, we went into some additional debt and an enormous amount of debt and the capacity to repay that was always relied on growing the economy. And then we had Chris bowencom and Anthony Alban easy cuff and all they did was kill off our economy big time by going helpful leather on this renewables push. The secret to all of our problems, the key pointer on all of our problems is the price of electricity. I mean, we used to have plenty of food. We used to make stuff here Victor Lawnmowers, Hills Hoyst saw these things. We invented Wi Fi and all these other things. We all did this off the back of cheap, reliable and plenty of it power and we don't have that anymore. And the reason why Australia can't pick itself up is because we're now reliant on other countries to provide everything that we used to make ourselves. And reader even coming out of this Council of Parties, this COP twenty nine event, the idea that they're are going to try and impose the Australian style emissions reduction standards, all these taxes and stuff on Chinese stuff. I mean, we can't have a future made in Australia if our present is currently being made in China.
Speaker 1: We're going to kill off China as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, we are so stupid or sorry, we're being governed by stupid people. And I think the anger is there. It's very large and it's very loud, and I reckon come the next election, there's going to be a few big baseball or maybe cricket bats out for this government, and so it should be.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have thought, after a very comfortable victory for the Albanezy government that they could be a one term government, but it is looking like a real possibility, like you said, because the impact of their economic irresponsibility is being felt so far and wide, businesses, households. There's really nobody you can think of who's untouched by this per capita recession that we're in the midst of. And you're right, it's been going on for almost two years now. To add insult to injury for those of us live in Victoria, the state government here, led by Dan Andrews and now just in to Allen, has been spending like crazy. Victoria's economy is looking more die than ever. Look at these figures as reported by Today's Herald's son. Victorian government's tax take has more than doubled gary from sixteen point three billion to thirty six point three billion in just ten years. Government wages have blown out, the bureaucracy is huge, it's gone up from eighteen point nine billion to thirty six point seven billion, and the debt per capita has more than tripled. Net debt was forecast in May state budget to reach one hundred and eighty seven point eight billion by twenty twenty seven twenty eight, and that's twenty two percent of Victoria's gross state product well above the average of eleven point two percent for other states and territories. That's as reported by Today's Herald's signing Gary, and it all paints a very dire picture. Indeed, it shows you why so many people are fleeing Victoria going into state, whether they're business people, whether they're employees, If you are paying payroll tax, if you're paying land tax, you're seeing those bills explode. And if you're just trying to make ends meet, it's becoming increasingly harder in the state of Victoria.
Speaker 4: You can't tax your way into prosperity. Reader, we do need a department of government efficiency. To borrow the Trump mantra, we do need less government. We need government to be as big as it needs to be to do what needs to be done, but as small as it should be to make sure it's not interfering in people's lives. But Victoria's gone exactly the other way. And this is the problem. And you know, they can build a statue to Dan Andrews, never get a statue built while is still alive, because the pigeons may not be the only thing that's pupping on you. This whole government of Victoria is dragging the whole of Australia down, and it is the place, the place to flee. Victoria. That's what the number place should say. Victoria the place to flee. It used to be the place to be. Look, Rita, this has to be fixed. It has to be repaired. No one will want Victoria. The symbolism of paying Glasgow to do the Commonwealth Games kind of sums it all up to me. This is a state that's now lost its way to the point where it doesn't get the basic stuff done, but it certainly does employ a lot of favored friends and a big constantly growing wages and I think that it's holding back the whole of Australia. This is the rust bucket state. Look and I'm in Queensland and there's a whole lot of trouble. It's got to be repaired here because at one stage we were per capita even worse than Victoria's that level under the previous government. I don't know what the current stats are. New government will see what happens. But unless we get the confidence to build for the future, our president is going to continue to be poor. And we've got people in government who just want to manage our misery and they reward themselves well and line themselves up for jobs after politics. That's just not what Australians need right now.
Speaker 2: You're so right, and that perception of Victoria as being broken broken, I think is spreading across the country. That's going to help with investment into the state. Why would you want to move here or invest here when that's how the state is viewed and you can understand why it's viewed because those numbers are pretty grim. Indeed, I want to speak to you about Australia's Gender Equality Ambassador, Stephanie Copper's Campbell. I don't know if you've heard of her before, but we learned today that she has spent more than three hundred and thirty five thousand dollars in taxpayer funds on airfares and hotels. She's traveled to twenty four countries, including five trips to the US. This is since her appointment in December twenty twenty two, so we're not talking about a lengthy period here, less than two years. Is this a good use of taxpayer funds?
Speaker 4: Gary, Well, of course it isn't. But at least she's got a spot in the chairman's lounge. I mean, Rita, you know, I'm sure she had fain that would get her in the chairman's lounge. That sort of money being spent quants and say, come this way, you know, let us make it comfortable. Would you like a chamblis? Look, Rita, this is the problem. Government is just constantly finding new ways to take your money, my money, everybody's money, and spend it on what they think is right. Who do they think they are? Government, the super funds and the big banks. They just keep taking money office and spending it on the things they like to talk about. And this is just a nonsense. This will be one of the first things you could get rid of. But I would like to volunteer, and would volunteer for the role of the head of the Department of Government Efficiency. I could get rid of a whole lot of this stuff. I would have governments smaller, I would have it more efficient, I would have it less intrusive. I'd actually have it doing things like, oh, building infrastructure so people could be productive, using taxpayer funded money to build infrastructure, so the private sector can go and make money and employ more people. Reader, These are the sorts of things that are doing all our heads in and rightly so, because everyday Australians are doing it tough and they're seeing a few people who are well placed doing it very very well. Three ound thirty five thousand in less than two years.
Speaker 1: Where do you get it?
Speaker 4: As the old TV ad used to go, how do you get a piece of this action? It's offensive to me in any decent person, and.
Speaker 2: I think there'd be if you would argue that office doesn't even need to exist. So the mentally having that sort of expenditure is but yeah, who needs an Elon Musk and Vivet gramas we've got, Gary Hardgrave. You could go in there and just cut, cut, cut, cut, and got them line all for it. You would be excellent. Add it now got a political row erupting between the Coalition and Labor figures over the Albanese governments deal with Indonesia to have convicted drug traffickers who were part of the Bali Nine brought back to Australia. Labor insists that they won't be released into the community when they return. Gary, I've heard several Coalition MPs speak out against this. They've been very strong in condemning the deal, but I'm going to take a contrary view here. Haven't these Australians paid a heavy enough price for their crimes? Do they really deserve to die in prison?
Speaker 4: Well, no they don't, and read I'm on your page. Look, I think nineteen years in prison is equivalent to three life sentences under the Australian supposedly judicial but really just legal system. They would have probably gone to jail for a handful of years max and been out in our community anyway. And look, I declare that I had made advocacy for the Rush family, Scott Rush, Christine and Lee Rush. Those two people, the parents of Scott, were constituents of mine in years past. We've met with former Prime Minister John Howard at one stage. This is twenty years ago when it all first happened. I feel very sad about it. I understand that there's nothing nice about anybody involved in dabbling in drugs, but I think there's some mitigation, particularly for young people like Scott Rush. I just say to you, Rida, that the penalty has been paid and I think that whatever the deal is, we need to know. I think it's reasonable they come back. The Australian system takes it over and if after a period of time there's a determination they're allowed out in the community, well, you know what they've done the time, because they did the crime. But this is becoming inhuman now. I'm pleased to see that maybe after three different presidents and five or six different Prime ministers, we're actually starting to see a relook at this. And look, there'll be people who say go hard, but no, I think that they need to go home. It's time for them to come.
Speaker 2: Home with you one hundred percent. I thought we were going to have an argument on this one, but I just think it's inhumane to keep punishing these young Australians. Well they're not young anymore. They were most of them when they were convicted that they were not the brain's trust. They were the very bottom of the wrong. They were dumb. I'm not saying they shouldn't have been punished. They have been punished. They were used, but they were greedy and they paid a price. But serving time in Indonesia is significantly harder than serving time in Australia, and they have served it, as you've said, for close to two decades. I think they've paid their debt. You've dealt with the parents, of one of these Australians. And we've had the death penalty for people who've been convicted of these crimes in Indonesia and I've been dead set against that as well. It's just the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, time to bring them home. Reader. Look, I think that anybody who goes there is really plainly stupid thinking that they can get away with trafficking in drugs. The signs are writ large in all of those airports. But they did a dumb thing. They got used a couple.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 4: I can only speak about the Scott Rush matter. I'm satisfied this is a kid troubled and looking for attention, filling with the wrong crowd, got used, being penalized for twenty years basically in jail. I think it's time for him to try and get a bit of a life back, and hopefully.
Speaker 1: He can.
Speaker 2: Well, said Gary Hardgrave. Thanks for your time tonight. Joining me now is leading geologist and author Professor Ian Plymer, ins from Prime Minister Anthony Albanezi, who posted this little rant on X and was promptly fact checked.
Speaker 6: Even if you were a climate skeptic and didn't believe any of the science and didn't notice that there were more floods and more bushfires and more cyclones. It would still be good policy. It will produce the cheapest form of energy, not the most expensive, which we know is nuclear. It will create jobs. It will allow Australia to have a future made in Australia, because the vision of clean, renewable energy powering advanced manufacturing is where Australia's future is into the twenty thirties.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the first part of that statement, that claim that we're having more floods, more bushfires and cyclones because of climate change.
Speaker 7: Is that true, Well, mister Albanez, he should follow his own misinformation and disinformation legislation and he would be jailed for what he said.
Speaker 1: We have more people building on floodplanes.
Speaker 7: We have more people building on floodplanes, but we don't have more flooding. And what that's doing is diverting the amount of runoff and showcage and changing that formula. We have extremely good records that we have and fewer bushfires now that in the past, the big years for nineteen thirty nine and eighteen fifty one. We also have very good evidence also over one hundred and fifty years showing us that the number of cyclones and the intensity of cyclones has decreased over time. And since Cyclone Tracy, we've been building cyclone proof buildings in the cyclone prone areas. So that is absolutely totally misleading and deceptive.
Speaker 2: It is, and the same is can be said for incidents of cyclones and bushfires and floods overseas. And yet we hear this misinformation consistently from the climate catastrophists and really with very little pushback from anybody in the media, any of the fact checkers. What about the claims he made there about renewable energy boosting the economy, boosting jobs, lowering our energy costs, and making us a more attractive for manufacturing. Any of that ring true?
Speaker 1: None of it.
Speaker 7: Every country in the world that has embraced the renewables has actually had their electricity costs go up. Countries like Germany have lost their major industries, Countries like Australia. Every time we put in more renewables, our electricity costs go up and we kill off small businesses and we drive businesses overseas. As for powering advanced manufacturing, pull the other one that's got bells on it. Exactly the opposite has happened. You cannot have advanced manufacturing which operates twenty four to seven when the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine. What is an advanced manufacturing unit go to do at three o'clock in the morning. So this is just absolute, total nonsense. We know from the building of nuclear power stations in places like Finland the cost of electricity has gone down enormously and the productivity has gone up. And the decrease in Australian project productivity is an absolute embarrassment. We also have a decrease in our standard of living. We are now going backwards in this country and that is driven almost one hundred percent by our embrace of renewable energy. And as I keep saying, the only thing renewable about renewable energy are the subsidies.
Speaker 1: They just keep coming.
Speaker 7: You're paying for it with your electricity bills, and we are sending this country broke. We are finding that major investors, and I'm only talking to one this morning here in Brisbane, they are preferentially if investing in our Argentina.
Speaker 1: Rather than Australia, I mean.
Speaker 7: Argentina investing rather than Australia. That's telling you about sovereign risk and this country has become so risky and so expensive you can go to wild South American countries and invest rather than in the country like Australia.
Speaker 1: Shame on us.
Speaker 2: Well, Argentina. Argentina has Javier Milay and we've got Anthony Albanesi. That could be an explanation for why the investment is flowing over there. And soon the US is going to be drilling baby drilling, and that can't be helping us either, because they are going to create an environment where there'll be less red tape, lower corporate tax rate and again very attractive for investment. I want to ask you about COP twenty nine. It's a concluded. Enormous amount of money was spent just holding this gap fest. The UK government alone sent four hundred seventy delegates. But the end result of this whole thing is countries like Australia, rich countries handing over huge bundles of cash to developing countries. The deal is for three hundred billion US in essentilly climate reparations. How is any of this actually helping the environment In.
Speaker 7: Well, the UK sending over four hundred and seventy delegates. It's just laughable. They are sending people, which is costing a fortune, over to Buku and Azerbayan so that their money can be stolen and going to dictators and third world despots, such that the UK can have higher energy costs, can have more people struggling, have more pensioners having to make a choice between warm water, a warm meal and heating a house. Now, this is what it's got to. This is an absolute wrought. It's time that these cop functions were stopped.
Speaker 1: They have no to do with climate.
Speaker 8: They're all to do with highway robbery. They have nothing to do with the environment, and they have nothing to do with science. We cannot change the way the Sun operates and the Earth orbits, and those are the two factors driving climate, and no legislation will change that.
Speaker 5: We are, in this country and in many other countries, destroying our wildlife by putting up these bird and bat munching wind turbines, by putting up turbines offshore which are killing whales, by destroying all of our agricultural.
Speaker 7: Land with solar panels. Now, if the English, the four hundred and seventy English delegates really wanted to do a good conference, they should argue to have it in, say Hawaii, so these sun starved English bureaucrats could actually get a bit of sunshine and maybe a bit of common sense would shine on them as well. These cop functions a rip off. They are aimed at destroying Western sization, and we have to see it for what it is. It's got nothing to do with climate the environment. It's to do with destroying our culture.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about this video the UN posted on its social media pages talking about the importance of gender positive climate action gender positive climate action. This was focused at COP twenty nine, the same conference that the Taliban we're attending, and we're talking about gender and climate. Let's have it. Listen to the message the UN is pushing.
Speaker 9: By breaking down data by gender, they can point to opportunities we cannot afford to miss because a gender responsive approach isn't just the right thing to do, it is in fact the smart thing to do.
Speaker 2: I claim there that the world needs climate action and gender equality to go hand in hand. I'm not even sure what that means.
Speaker 10: Ian.
Speaker 2: Can you explain this intersectionality to me?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just having a moment recovering from vomiting, because if you had gender involved with climate, you would actually make sure that women in the Third World didn't have to collect twigs, leaves and done to cook and heat inside huts where they died of respiratory diseases and their children died of spiratory diseases. You would tie them into a grid based on coal fired electricity. So that is the role of gender in climate. Stop women dying from having you and imposed restrictions that actually kill them. Another gender equality measure could be maybe we could counsel that little Swedish pixie and tell her how climate works, How it's got nothing to do with traces of a tray guests in the atmosphere, how we've had billions of years of climates.
Speaker 2: You don't have to worry about Greta, and you don't have to worry about Greta anymore. She's now focused on the pro Palestinian course. She's an anti Israeli activist these days, so she seems to have got bored with the climate message for now, but I'm sure we'll hear more from her again. Professing in Clymate, thank you so much for your time this evening and congratulations on the special award you won at National Mining Day last Friday. That was quite an honor. We'll speak about that next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, reader.
Speaker 2: Still to come. Left is losing it? Plus why is MSNBC scared of Trump's Attorney general pick? Alex Stein? Joins me next, welcome back. Now it's time for lefties losing it. Let's start lefties with the neo Marxist kendole himself, Justin Trudeau, who, if the polls are ride, is going to lose in a massive landslide. And what is the Canadian prime minister doing as parts of his country for victim to violent anti Semitic writers. Well, he's swapping bracelets with teenagers at a tailor swift concert and dancing the night away like some giddy teenager. Oh yes, there he is, dancing without a care in the world, never mind that his country is in crisis on a number of fronts. He's getting he's swifty on And I wasn't kidding about him swapping bracelets with teenagers. Even they were wondering what he was doing there. What is Justin trudodoing your guys?
Speaker 11: Who Hello, thank you, Jenna Brala, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Time to listen to this screachy performance from Democrat Jasmine Crockett, who seems desperate to appropriate the suffering of her ancestors, and she seems more than a little ignorant about the history of slavery.
Speaker 12: You'll tell me which white men were dragged out of their homes. You'll tell me which one of them got dragged all the way across an ocean and told that you were gonna go at work.
Speaker 2: We are gonna steal your wives. We are gonna rape your wives. That didn't happen. That is oppression. We didn't ask to be here. Well, Jasmine, as a free woman, you can now be anywhere you want to be, and yet you choose to be in America. But despite the considerable power and privilege you hold, you want to play the victim eternally and just to educate you. Slavery has existed since the dawn of time, from the first civilizations. We're talking three and a half thousand years BC, and plenty of white men, women and children were taken as slaves, including more than a million Europeans stolen and sold as slaves in North Africa. Facts are our friends. Yes, Now to comic and TV hosts Jonathan van Ness, whose pronouns are he him, but he also likes she her, and they then seems a little greedy. Here's one his Here he is on stage talking about how hard it's been since Donald Trump won the election.
Speaker 3: Let's just get the elephant out of the room right away. Need to make an apology. My dress is way too long, and after what our country has been through this week, you all deserve to see my unfiltered.
Speaker 2: That's what passes for comedy nowadays, folks, it's Graham. What's really funny is the unintentional comedy from lefties losing it, including a man we've featured heavily in the past week. Here is election forecaster professor Alan Lickman, who got it so wrong and has gone into this unseemly meltdown on multiple programs. He has deluded, folks, and he's clinging to that delusion. He claims that Donald Trump ran a terrible campaign, despite the fact that he won in a landslide while spending a fraction of the money that Kamala Harris met.
Speaker 7: So the idea that Trump was this great charras matter figure is absolute nonsense.
Speaker 1: And again, if you looked at this campaign.
Speaker 7: It was the worst campaign we've ever seen in the history of the country.
Speaker 2: Now this lefty lady is disturbed to learn that she can no longer use the red heart emoji. Let's pray for her.
Speaker 13: Does anybody else feel like the red heart emoji has been totally ruined for them after this week? I did not realize until Wednesday that I have a habit of ending every text, DM, email, et cetera with a red heart emoji. And now I feel like a red heart emoji implies maga and so I no longer know how to punctuate my sentences. I guess I'll have to go back to using like an exclamation mark. What emoji are we using now in lieu of the red heart? Because the red heart for me is dead at least for a while.
Speaker 2: Joining me now for more LIFTI is losing its content is commit and host of Primetime with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. Alex Stein MSNBC gives us so much content on this program. The Morning Joe program is in all sorts of trouble. They've seen some of their lowest ratings since twenty twenty one. The lefties are really upset with the host Joe and Meeker for visiting President elect Donald Trump at mare Lago. We've got Elon Musk meanwhile teasing the idea of buying MSNBC after its parent company, Comcast, put the network up for sale. Alex, is this a real possibility or is he just having some fun and games with the MSNBC crew.
Speaker 14: Well, I think with Elin, I mean everything is possible. Anything is absolutely possible with Elin. And when you saw Rachel Maddow crying because of Elon Musk or you know, being emotional and they say maybe the video is edited, it doesn't matter. NBC's viewers realize that they can't trust that network. That network called everybody a Nazi for eight years. They said Kamala Harris is going to win the election. So their audience is just leaving in droves because they feel like they were duped, and that's exactly what happened. So I would love for Elin to buy MSNBC and resurrect it like he made.
Speaker 1: X the best social media network in the world, Alex.
Speaker 2: It would be fascinating if Elon Musk does follow through with this threat and actually purchases MSNBC to see if there would be wholesale resignations where all the hosts like Madow and Joy Reid and Joe Scarborough would resign on principle whether they try to work with him, it would be fascinating. He would grab the popcorn. But the man is pretty busy. He's got a few things to us to take care of that. There's pressure on the newly formed Department of Government Efficiency, which Elon Musk and Vivek Gramaswami will be leading. There's course for them to cut funding to NPR, and for good reason. Let's listen to the woke boss of NPR who used to be the Wiki Media Foundation chief. This is Catherine Mass who seems to have some very strange ideas about truth. She thinks our reverence for truth is a distraction.
Speaker 15: The wikipedians who write these articles aren't actually focused on finding the truth. They're working for something that's a little bit more attainable, which is the best of what we can know right now, and after seven years there, I actually believe that they're onto something that for our most tricky disagreements, Seeking the truth and seeking to convince others of the truth isn't necessarily the best place to start. In fact, I think our reverence for the truth might become might have become a bit of a distraction that is preventing us from finding consensus and getting important things done.
Speaker 2: The truth is a distraction. It's a little disturbing.
Speaker 14: Alex you know, Rita, I'm a full blown conspiracy theorist. And they've even made that word, you know, an incredible description. If you're described as a conspiracy theorist, you're demonized. But during the pandemic, if you looked into it, if you did your own research, they called you stupid.
Speaker 1: So this is a.
Speaker 14: Serious issue where they don't want citizens to even seek truth, ask questions, have any idea what's going on. They want us confused, they want us stressed out, they want us focusing not on trying to fix the problems, and they want us fighting with each other.
Speaker 1: So this is a much bigger issue.
Speaker 14: In the head of NPR, the National Public Radio is saying that truth is not important. It's just that's the real what that's really what's happening in America is they're hiding the truth.
Speaker 1: And you hear it right then and there.
Speaker 14: From the person that controls our public radio. It's insane, reno.
Speaker 2: It is, and it helps explain why trust in the media in the US is that historic lows. I think they've earnt that mistrust well and truly. And the trust in the public institutions in general is so low, and that's why Trump won so comprehensively. People want him to go in there and clean up these institutions that have become so politicized and really lost their way. Talking about Donald Trump, let's have a look at his new attorney general. He selected former Florida Agpam Bondie after Matt Gates dropped out. That was a surprise to many, but lefties everywhere are still freaking out about this latest selection. Let's have a look at what MSNBC had to say.
Speaker 16: Pam Bondi is exactly what I was saying in the last segment that we should all fear because she's competent. We may not agree with her ideologically, but she actually knows how to do this job. So if anyone on the Democratic side or anyone who cared about liberty or justice was thinking, well, maybe Matt Gates will screw this up and that'll give us some time, no, pambody knows what she's doing. She is a dangerous and effective pick. And that's frankly worse than what we would have got with Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: Well, that's music to my ears. I want to hear that that she's got the same ideology as Matt Gates and has been highly effective in implementing the sort of changes Trump wants to see at a national level. What can you tell me about Pam Bondie, Because she's also received praise from rhinos, including Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney. That's worried a few people if that's not normally a good sign. Do you know much about Pam Bondie?
Speaker 1: You know, my knowledge is limited. She kind of, for me, came out of nowhere.
Speaker 14: And I was really disappointed when Matt Gates wasn't the Attorney General and he stepped down because I know MATD.
Speaker 1: Gates would actually go after a lot of the corruption.
Speaker 14: That's happening within you know, the unelected bureaucrats of the FBI and all of our alphabet agency, So that.
Speaker 1: Would have been great.
Speaker 14: Pam Bondi, though, is supported by, like you said, a lot of rhinos, and you know Rita.
Speaker 1: That is one problem. Trump is great.
Speaker 14: Trump is anti establishment, but even there's conservatives on the right that don't have Donald Trump's back, that will you pretend to have Donald Trump's back. So I'm not saying that's the case of Pam Bindy. I'm just saying it's hard to trust anybody that's in politics because they all seem to lie to her. So I hope Pam Bindy does a great job. The fact that the left is afraid of her that is a good indication. That's a good start. And if they're saying she's effective and she is effective, well then she'll.
Speaker 1: Be a great pick. But the jury's out. We got to wait and see.
Speaker 2: Well, it's such a critical role, isn't it. You really want someone who gets the agenda, is on board and willing to fight the good fight. In that role, ed is one of the most important ones Alex. The mayor of Denver, Mike Johnson, has said that he'd deployed local police to block Donald Trump's mass deportations, and it's worth noting that hours after he made that vow, an illegal immigrant in Denver was charged with sexually assaulting a fourteen year old girl. How much resistance is Donald Trump going to face, Alex from sanctuary city mayors and other lifters who are determined to obstruct his administration's deportation plan.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, the mayor of Denver me being polite as an idiot. If he thinks he's going to stop this, Donald Trump's kicking people out that are here illegally. Donald Trump's going to do that. I mean Tom Homan, the guy he appointed, is a no nonsense guy that's going to.
Speaker 1: Get these people out of there.
Speaker 14: And if you really look at the people in the cities that are plagued by this problem, the illegal immigration is in New York and you have Mayor Eric Adams, who's a lifelong Democrat, basically cozying up to Donald Trump because he needs his help, he needs to support. He realizes that a lot of these people have criminal records.
Speaker 1: And that we can't vet them at the border. So if you're.
Speaker 14: Unvetted and we don't know that, if you're a murderer, if you have a sexual assault on your record, and we're just letting go in the country, that's unacceptable.
Speaker 1: So we have to stop that. If you want to come here, you've got to come here legally.
Speaker 14: And I think Donald Trump has even said that if you graduate from a school, who's going to make it easier for you to get citizenships. So it's like these mayors to think what Donald Trump is doing is sinister or bad for trying to protect American citizens makes me sick. And the sanctuary the sanctuary cities are not going to be able to stop Donald Trump. If Donald Trump wants to get the job done.
Speaker 2: Well, he has a mandate to do this. This isn't a surprise. This was an election promise and the American people voted for it. So I just don't know how any mayor can say we're not participating in this talk about democracy denying that's a threat to democracy right there, denying the will of the American people. Before you go, Alex, we don't talk about art enough on this program. We're clearly Philipstein's and I've got to say this painting here looks to me like it was painted by a untalented child, But it's a mass apiece.
Speaker 17: The star of this Evening's auction the fabulous Mark roth Goo from nineteen fifty four, fifty percent of the works from this incredible year for the artists to house in permanent museum collections. This is an incredibly rare opportunity to buy one of the greatest works by the artist, Alex.
Speaker 2: It ended up selling for thirty two million US. That is thirty percent lower than it sold for a few years back. But I'm starting to believe you said you're a conspiracy theorist, and I'm starting to believe these conspiracy theories about the art world being largely funded by a money laundering operation. I mean, how can that be worth thirty two million US?
Speaker 14: Reader, you nailed this is some sort of CIA moneyliner scam. I don't know what it is, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: So I think you're right on the nose.
Speaker 14: You're right on the money when it comes to seeing what is going on it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, but I should make clear for legal purposes, I'm not suggesting whoever purchase that painting for thirty two million US is involved in money laundering. I'm just talking broadly about these conspiracy theories that exist about the art world. Just making that crystal clear. Alex Stein, thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Red Still to come all the latest royal and celebrity news, including Justin Trudeau's antics at a Taylor Swift concert, The best in the business, Kinsey Schofield joins me next welcome back, joining Me naws celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield Kinsey. But Light has been trying to redeem itself ever since that crazy Woke episode where they had a transactivist promote their brand and promptly lose most of their custmers and more than a billion dollars. Here is their new ad featuring comic Shane Gillis, Because a passion?
Speaker 1: What oh, where's a snake?
Speaker 18: We are all lost?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm lost lost.
Speaker 16: Year, but we are on.
Speaker 1: I spuke for s. That's hey, I think I'm in the wrong commercial. What Yeah, this isn't right?
Speaker 19: Wait aren't you Andre?
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm Shane Why Shane.
Speaker 2: Kinsy. What's been the reaction to that ad? I know they've done others that have tried to be anti woke to say that was a mistake. It's behind us, But I wonder if they're customers are actually forgiving and forgetting and drinking bud Light again.
Speaker 19: Unfortunately the answer is no. The content is great, but their customers, our former customers, are asking why can't they apologize? I mean six million people have viewed that ad alone from one tweet, but reaction is not all positive. Some are saying, you know, why couldn't you have responded with humor from the start? Translation too little, too late. Others are asking if they are allergic to apologies. The execution was great, Shane was the right personality, but it's going to take some time for these people to come back around.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, And the parent company has lost more than a billion dollars. It just shows you, when you go work, you can go broke. That's saying can apply to some companies, and Jaguar, the car company, should hate that advice because they've just gone completely crazy with their latest ad Now, let's talk about the much anticipated cinema adaptation of the Broadway musical musical Wicked. It's in cinemas now. The co stars Ariana Grande and Cynthia Arrivo have been doing the media rounds promoting the film, including here in Australia, but the pair have been widely mocked for their often cringe worthy efforts in these interviews, including this bizarre interaction this is with out magazine.
Speaker 10: I've seen this week. People are taking the lyrics of defying gravity and really holding space with that and feeling power in that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that that was happening. I've seen it. Yeah, that's really powerful. That's why I wanted.
Speaker 11: I didn't know that was happening.
Speaker 10: I've seen it on a couple of posts. I don't know how wide spread, but you know, I am in queer media, so that's my cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just seen a couple of them. What can you tell me about this project? I've got to be honest, I know absolutely nothing about Wicked. I have zero interests. But tell me, against my will, it informed me kinzy about this project, why some people are obsessed with it and about this interviews, because it's not the only one. I've seen other ones where they're both crying along with the interviewer.
Speaker 19: Have you seen the way they hold fingers too. They don't hold hands, they hold fingers with like index fingers. It is so weird. Yeah, I mean a lot of people are passionate about Wicked. I think that that's great, and this movie was made for those people that are passionate about Wicked, But Cynthia Arrivo has ruined the experience for some of them. I hate when people take themselves too seriously, and that's the definition of Cynthia throughout this promotion of the film. My favorite comment under that video was, am I an ketamine?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 19: And another one said the interviewer sounds like mala And how accurate is that description?
Speaker 2: Am I on ketamine? Yeah, that's not the response you want from a heartfelt moment, which I think they thought that was Meghan and Harry. We can't get enough of them. The Sussexes have released the trailer for their latest Netflix documentary, It's About Polo, but the trailer has already been torn to shreds, with former friends of Prince Harry who actually played the game, saying that this is just appalling. They were left in appalled hysterics by the trailer. They called it hilarious but not in a good way, and they labeled it tacky and cringey. Let's have a look at some of that trailer.
Speaker 17: Yeah, channel when they've got so your buddy, it's addictiny.
Speaker 1: Oiler is not just a sport.
Speaker 2: Olo is a life statue, Need we breathe, we sleep?
Speaker 1: Polo?
Speaker 2: Really a documentary about Polo? Mainstream appeal doesn't come to mind. Is that really the project that they thought was going to work?
Speaker 19: I mean it's not a documentary, it's a reality show because if you watch how dramatic that trailer is, it's like it was in Bravo's Rejection Pile, for sure. But you can't ignore the hypocrisy of Prince Harry and Megan Markle telling us that we need to be more conscious of, you know, the environment, and we need to watch how we travel through Travelist and then you have a man in your trailer saying he flies to Argentina or wherever two times a week to play polo. I mean, like, who watches these people and holds them accountable because it'll drive you crazy. But yeah, Netflix incredibly disappointed that Prince Harry is not more involved throughout the project. You know, their return on investment simply isn't there. And they've learned the hard way.
Speaker 2: They invested plenty in those two and yeah, you're right, the returns have been very low. Indeed, Canadian Prime Minister to Justin Trudeaux come under fire for attending a Taylor Swift concert while violent and destructive protests were underway in Montreal. Tell me about the reaction to this video of him dancing. There's lots of videos of him dancing at the concert, just having the time of his life and seemingly unconcerned about what's happening on the streets in Montreal.
Speaker 19: I mean, this man should have known better. This was such a pr fell on his partner because he wasn't just at a Taylor Swift concert. He was living his best life at the Taylor Swift concert. And it's amazing that when truckers were protesting the vaccine, Justin was engaged enough to freeze their personal and corporate bank accounts. But when pro Palestine and anti Semites take to the streets and are destructive, he's too busy twerking at the Taylor concert. It's not a good look and a lot of people are up in arms over it.
Speaker 2: Trudeau twerking that the words I don't want to hear ever again in the same sentence Kinsey before you Go. Billboard has published its staff selected list of the one hundred best country artists from the last one hundred years, but it has not included country music star Jason Aldi, known for his conservative beliefs, is a big Donald Trump supporter. He has twenty eight number one hits under his belt already, and one of his most popular songs of the last couple of years is try that in a small town.
Speaker 18: Try that is smart town, CFFI make them, Kinsey, his wife, Brittany Aldan is blaming woke politics for a husband being excluded from this list.
Speaker 2: What else can you tell us?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm confident that Jason and Brittany Aldan are correct. Jason stumped for Trump in Georgia. We saw them at the Republican National Convention. Journalists are typically pretty liberal and intolerant, so I do imagine that this was a political and personal exclusion. Number ninety nine was Maren Morris. And if you are familiar with Jason Aldean and Brittany Aldan, you'll know that they do not get along because of their conservative values. And I mean, she's a terror. She said she was no longer going to be a country musician, So the fact that she's included no longer going to be one because of the conservative values. So the fact that she's included is kind of a slap in the face to the Aldans.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Kinsisco, Phil, thanks for your time tonight, and that's all the time we've got. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Up next is Newsnight