Speaker 1: This is number one hundred and blue Baggers. It's Carlton Membership Day for today only. You can buy a three game membership and get access to six games with just ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Go to membership dot CARLTONFC dot com dot au. In fact, actually we've got two six game memberships to give away, so thirty twenty four to ten if you want them.
Speaker 3: Our next guest is the head coach of the Carlton Football Club and he's got a big fan at our very own Lauren Phillips is fan.
Speaker 4: The right word is it? Maybe enthusiast? Maybe I should just let Lauren speak for herself on this one.
Speaker 2: Lauren has the horn for Michael Vassoo, there we go.
Speaker 4: Please welcome to the show, our legend, Michael Vast you said it.
Speaker 2: Have strawberry blonde, Okay, strawberry for Jason.
Speaker 5: I'm just come in here for the intros. Coming in for any other reason. It's just makes you feel good.
Speaker 4: Will you get first question?
Speaker 6: Lauren?
Speaker 2: Because he's your if you could be quite well, chat among.
Speaker 5: Very well, very well, very long season, pre season, ready to go, two weeks to go, two weeks ago. Effectively sort of a week and a half really, so starting on the Thursday night V. Sydney, so I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Before we get into the footy. There was a story flighting around that I just want to get to the bottom of it. Is it true, because I remember you made headlines when you performed that citizen's arrest tackle the young kids. Is it true you made contact with him and now you're like mentoring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, there was a reach out, which I thought thoughts, that's that's fantastic, like to be able to get out. Yeah, the guy that was working with him at that particular time. So so I thought, oh, you know, I'm sort of intrigued. So you know, he's obviously trying to make some things that he did wrong right. So I went along and yeah, it was interesting story. I sort of asked for his recollection of the story and he so said, yeah, it's sort of like I turned around and this I thought a Jim junkie was chasing me around the.
Speaker 4: Thanks mate, it's just a Brownlow medalist premiership.
Speaker 5: Must it must have been the hoodie. I think he obviously clearly didn't recognize me. I mean, who wouldn't it was it was it was a good little touch point, and I'm really I'm actually really pleased I did it.
Speaker 2: So he was a kid who tried to steal a car, is that right?
Speaker 5: And you said, yeah, yeah, so yeah, I'm known from many things, but I'm more known, i think now for this. But but yeah, it was obviously a couple of years ago now, so it feels like it's so much yesterday. But but yeah, reach out and he's yeah, he's doing really well, which is really pleasing, good.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Fossy.
Speaker 3: The best thing about this time of year is that everyone starts on the same amount of points. Nobody's won a game, nobody's lost a game. How are you approaching the season? Because it's another big one for the cart and footy club. You know, the thing with the Blue Bag is they're always in the spotlight because everyone loves.
Speaker 4: To hate you. You know that they're a passionate bunch.
Speaker 5: We don't, but we don't get the height under the blanket, which is we start the season round zero. We obviously got round one versus Richmond. I mean, who would barrack for Richmond?
Speaker 2: Love the Tigers rebuilding?
Speaker 5: And then you know we obviously Enzac day calling with I mean, you can't disappear. So but that that's something that we love because I mean it's not everyone gets to go out in front of the MCG and play play in front of eighty thousand fans often. So now we're excited by the season. Obviously it has been a lot of changes as well through the through the preseason and they've all jailed really well. So just waiting to get started.
Speaker 1: Just on the changes, Clint, I heard you mentioned news earlier Charlie. Yeah, Charlie left the club and Clint's news earlier, he said. BOSSI and Charlie haven't spoken since then.
Speaker 5: I know we've it's been interaction, but yeah, I guess when you sort of end up you move on pretty quick though in this world.
Speaker 2: To the other station. I'd be like, see.
Speaker 3: You've spoken to our old employer.
Speaker 5: Oh, here we go. New we're getting personal.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, if they've tried to ring, I would send them to.
Speaker 4: That's the nature of foot Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so I mean not I don't want to say it's transac transactional, but it's sort of at that time of year, things happen and you can't be you know, you can't invest too much love and energy.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the club sucks you in. Like you got your own team to work with. You've got forty five players you're trying to improve, You've got nine teen coaches that you're trying to get a game style together on. So look, that is a it is a it is a big machine, which is quite time consuming. So you just end up sort of once those decisions made, you end up end up if you've.
Speaker 7: Lost some players, who are the new exciting players that you've got that we should look out for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, obviously we've got a couple of Sitney boys, Holly Floren, Will Haywood, Ben Ainsworth who is obviously Harry Dean who's a first round draft pick, Jacob Smith didn't play last year, who is going well this year. So we're sort of hopeful that they all get through this particular game next and then we can sort of fire on all cylinders for next week.
Speaker 2: So you had no injuries from the state of origin that.
Speaker 5: Well, we had Jacob weedering, so we had that one, which was really thankful. We didn't actually end up having cushion, but I thought he might have. I thought he might have punched his lung, ruption his gleen and done everything, and the shoulder the captain was sitting on it almost it was It's not one of those ones when you're sitting there and you're watching, you know, one of your best players lying on the grass and there's fifteen people surrounding him, and all you are sitting at home. You've got absolutely no control over the situation whatsoever, and all you're thinking about is that I hope he's okay. And you know, we were sort of getting some communication through text message and I was contacting our doctors to contact their doctors. We had some representatives there as well who were on the inn change ben So texting them to see what it's like. So they saw his information that was flying around. But in the end, you've got to just wait, because you've got to let the professionals be able to make the calls and sort of settle everyone, and then once you get the right information, you can sort of feel a bit better about things after that. But thankfully, thankfully he's fine. He's certainly he's a chance for next week. It'll be pretty tight call, but yeah, hopefully he sort of gets over what he's had and we can get him out there.
Speaker 1: We've had the chat numerous times about whether it was the right time to do State of Origin. As the coach of a player who was heard in it, do you think it's still smart?
Speaker 5: I don't think necessarily the timing's perfect, you know, like, certainly wasn't against where it was and still not if you want to do things like that early in the year, when they're feeling fresh and good about themselves and probably injury free, is the time when you'll get the most uptake from the players. As the season goes, as they start to get sore, they need rest, and it might not get the same traction. But I just hope that the initiative we take with this is that we keep uniqueness in it and that we don't do it every year. We do it sort of maybe once every three years.
Speaker 3: But I guess now, am I right in saying he would have been playing in a fully fledged set of intra club or like a competitive hit out, So it's still yeah, in the heat of battle.
Speaker 5: Definitely could have. It, Definitely could have, and that's probably why we're okay with it. But an intra club speed versus a state of origent speed and asking the intensity that they go out as somewhat different.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've watched a couple of those pre matches and even I could have a crack out there.
Speaker 4: What do you do over the summer? What do you do to escape footage?
Speaker 5: Well, just try to stay as fit as you possibly can. So I can tell as much as what you as much as what you try to do. But that's the best that I can do. So but before so I wanted the make, just make Jason's a little bit not sure about still about your team.
Speaker 4: He's changes every year.
Speaker 5: Before you go into where I reckon, I've seen a window. I've just a little window that might get you across over to Carlton. So I've got to shout here number three, so Jessey motlot. But it's significant also to me because it was my playing number as well. So I've got to even put the name up the top.
Speaker 2: You can't even regift the.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: No, thank you very the coach of the cart And Footy Club.
Speaker 5: It's now on Thursday next week when we first round zero. You have to wear it in here, right, so come on just getting behind us or just come with us and this experience.
Speaker 2: He's just checking what size.
Speaker 6: It's a slim fit.
Speaker 5: They're all slim fit. It doesn't matter. Get the guns out, ja, get the guns.
Speaker 6: Out, mate. Last time I put on a single, it was in.
Speaker 7: Bali and Jason can be born and affection can definitely be brought.
Speaker 6: From the original one I got from Petraco used to wash the car.
Speaker 5: We'll treat that with a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Get it on day.
Speaker 5: I reckon, Thank you very much. Even put a shirt underneath if you like you don't like your guns, shirt.
Speaker 6: Under that jump rock. You know what? Round zero, I'll go for the blues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, message and cuntain fans. Bossy. It's membership day here at Nova.
Speaker 5: Get on board, get excited. We want as many people in those things we can. They energize it. We love them and yeah, obviously we're hoping for a really, really positive season.
Speaker 7: You can get a membership at membership dot clt FC dot com dot au. You can get three game membership to access games just ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: We've got two up for grabs right now. Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: Is our numbers.
Speaker 6: We're going to get you to pop in throughout the season.
Speaker 5: If you're up for it, absolutely love it.
Speaker 6: I'll be in the guarantee every time you can drop bright.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming back.
Speaker 5: As well if you wear it so next time.
Speaker 6: I'm in all right.
Speaker 1: Twenty five past day hereon nov.
Speaker 7: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.