Speaker 1: I get a groove as it's the You Project, It's Tiff, Tiffany and Cook, It's Robert, Joseph Capuccio, Craig Anthony Harp of the bloke in the middle of the screen. If you happen to be one of us three. If not, just trust me. Let's start with the real man on the podcast tiff Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Top of the Morning, Craig Anthony Harbor.
Speaker 1: How are you? How's how things? How's your leprosy? How's your future husband? How's your cat? How's your dog? Let's just tick all the boxes.
Speaker 2: Things are tickety boo, as one of my great friends says, tickety boo, tickety shelder, little leprosy on the shoulders. Starting to calm down today, it doesn't feel so horrific.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank goodness for that. Does that mean I don't need to train in a hazmat suit anymore? Or that you's that tif? Exactly good question, Robert.
Speaker 2: I have got a I am treating a skin cancer lesion on my shoulder with some of that horrific cream that causes chaos. So yeah, it's gross, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I think you and I spoke once about skin cancer and you said you'd never been checked, Bobby, No, I never been checked. Yeah, no, fuck it, you don't want it. I mean, whats me. Well, because you did grow up in Brooklyn, you probably had like, I don't know, snow cancer, not fucking the skin cancer.
Speaker 3: So oh no, when I was when I was younger, it's so weird because like now, like I don't go to the beach.
Speaker 1: I hate the beach.
Speaker 3: I was always out on the beach in the summertime when I when I was working out at sixteen, I couldn't keep my clothes on, so middle of summer I would be outside like.
Speaker 1: Half naked all day. I mean, I feel like the beach at Coney Island is probably a bit more dirt and grain and grit than white sands. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we have syringe needles in the water, or we did, so it's pretty colorful. It's different than your typical beach. It's more exciting, a lot more things going on, you know, broken glass on the sand.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch where you're walking. I still think they still comb the foreshore in Melbourne anyway, or syringes, So I don't think that's a totally an historical thing. Not in Australia anyway. But it's definitely, thankfully definitely. How the fuck do I know? I've done zero research? So this is just my fucking hypothesis, you know, when you go it's absolutely this, and then you're like, as it's coming out of young God, you go and the fact do you know have you done any research? No? I haven't. It seems to me that's better. That's I don't know. Tif does it seem like it's less of a thing than it used to be to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's not on my radar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get we used to get quite a bit of quite a bit of info and warning and you know, be careful if you're going to the beach, wear shoes or songs, and you know, don't don't walk in the sand in bare feet, especially in certain areas that I won't mention. But ah, dear, and you had a gig today and you said to me you'd hopefully get back at eleven thirty, which is now just after eleven thirty. So you said you're in ninety you said you're a ninety percent chance, and it looks like that's one hundred percent. Now, how did your gig go.
Speaker 3: I'm almost sure I'm going to make it to this podcast it went Okay, it wasn't. It's not like a public speaking gig. It's a group coaching gig. I facilitate with a group of para professionals and teachers.
Speaker 1: Oh cool group. I love this group. They are a lot of fun to be with. I've got an interesting group that I'm chatting to. As I said to you before off air, both you in what is now about eighty minutes from now, which is a group of people who work in the addiction space. So a whole lot of kind of counselors and facilitators and workers in that space. And yeah, I'm excited because it's only like I think it's eight people or nine people just sitting in a boardroom around the table. Where. I love that, Like it's very you know, it can almost be wherever you guys want me to go, that's where we'll go. What do you want to know? Okay, so this is kind of my area of I guess expertise. What in the context of that would you like to talk about? You know? So I like those ones where it's it's almost like a meeting and you just happen to be chairing the meeting and doing the bulk of the talking. But it's sometimes you get way more kind of achieved in small group and you do a bit of that, don't you a bit of that kind of group coaching stuff?
Speaker 3: Now, actually do quite a bit of that, you know, I don't know if it's group coaching or it's more like a conversational facilitated workshop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I find it really rewarding because when you're dealing with people who work with individuals with addiction, or people that are in the social work domain, or any type of special needs of special populations, these are people that are beautifully compassionate people that get into work like this, but they tend to find themselves I mean, you know, there's exceptions to the rule, but they tend to find themselves overworked and under resourced. And when you work with a group like that, I think it's highly impactful. Like you have eight people in the room. You know, let's assume four couldn't care less like what you spoke about a week from now right, and two of them care but they don't have the bandwidth. And another two of those eight really go out and do something different given the population that they're working with that's going to have a long term residual effect that's quite meaningful for more people than you'll ever realize. So I'm grateful that you know we can do that type of work in that environment.
Speaker 1: I think it's also like you say, it's like you might just think in a room full of eight people or me and eight, but an audience of eight, if you really resonate with one, that's twelve and a half percent of the audience, If you really connect with two, that's twenty five percent of the audience, and so on. And then you know, I wouldn't mind if I had one hundred people in a room. If I really really connected with twenty five, that's not a terrible outcome, you know, in terms of having an impact where they go do something with that. That's what I mean by that.
Speaker 3: I always had this thing where you never know who's in the room, and I learned this so oh god. Rewinding back to two thousand and two, it was the NESM International Conference and we had about memory serves me correct, roughly about five hundred people.
Speaker 1: Just tell our audience what NASM is.
Speaker 3: Oh so a NESM is a certification company. It's one of the largest and most reputable like globally I would imagine, and we put we put together this conference.
Speaker 1: You didn't finish that certification for what? Oh I'm sorry, personally, where's my head out today? I must be talking to it. You're not talking to a fitness industry audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's the health and it's the health and fitness space. So working I would assume, still haven't been affiliated with NSM in a while, but working with you know, fitness professionals, working with personal trainers like that group. But this conference was open to talk to leadership at multiple levels of the organization, from the c suite all the way down to the trainer. And sitting in that room was Michael Ducourt, was ian O Dwyer, was Richard Boyd. Was Peter Hood who's very sadly no longer with us. Matt Coulson, Paul Taylor, not our Poultail or a different Paul Taylor or who has shockingly similar personality traits, and also from Northern Ireland. Small world anyway, And so all these people were in this room, and that one conference created multiple deals that put us in front of thousands of people in multiple countries. So you have people in the room. But a few of those people, you don't know the influence. You don't know how you're going to inspire them. They might become speakers themselves. They might go out and do something that they never thought of doing before. Right, They may go out and become someone they never would have been before they were sitting in that audience, and they might impact tens of thousands of people.
Speaker 1: So you never know who's sitting in front of you. Well, Jesus did all right, I mean it, he started off with twelve, didn't he. He's like he bikes. Just gather around. They've got some stuff, all right, So God right, got that me s o g Son of God, lean in, Judas, you can lean back, Peter, You're going to come in real handy. And they just went, this is good. We might go tell others and bibbity bobbedy boo. So that seemed to work. That's not the worst model. Not that you or I or tif are the Messiah, but we could be Messianic in our own little kind of Do you like that words of Messianic in our own little kind of you know, tunnel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be that would be a massive disaster. Yeah, he's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy. That is that is nothing but chaos and despair, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe a little bit hilarity along the way. One hundred. I so many times, like I have, well, I think not so many times recently because I think I'm better at it, but I will put up my hand and say by periodically been terrible at reading the room, and like both of you, I'm sure at times created you know, not chaos globally, but at least with part of the audience. But I also remember lots of times when and we've spoken about this a bit, so I won't remember, I won't mention the same specific story, but at least twenty times in my life, and this is over thousands of presentations, but at least twenty times I was sure that some person in the room hated me, because that was the vibe and the energy I was getting. They hate me. They can't wait for this to be over. They think I'm a fucking idiot or something. So I'm up there concentrating on the one, not the ninety nine, and I'm telling myself a story, and I'm just struggling through to try to not completely fuck it up. And then the one comes and tells me how much they loved me or how much they loved it, and you know, I'm like, oh god, I have no idea, like sometimes especially if someone who's doing what I'm and in research, but yeah, that it's so easy to get that. How do people see me, experience me, understand me. It's so easy to get that wrong because you just misinterpret a facial expression and you don't know they could be that could be their version of I'm really fucking concentrating, but you read it as I'm really fucking mad at you, you know, or whatever, and then you run with that and that becomes your narrative for the next thirty minutes. And by the time you finish the thing, you're scared to walk to your car because you think they're going to kill you in the car park.
Speaker 3: So you know they may that could happen. You know, it's an atlandish thought, but it very well could happen.
Speaker 1: Statistically probably not high, not high, but possible.
Speaker 3: So you know what I've been thinking about talking about, like delusion, because we're you're your own multiverseign to yourself, aren't you. You're living in multiple realities at any given point.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're not.
Speaker 3: Actual realities, but perceptually it feels pretty real. And I was thinking about the podcast you did with Chris Evans, not Captain America, the Psychology Chris Evans.
Speaker 1: And I actually got his name wrong. It is Chris, but it's not Evans. It's not Evans. It's French. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's very different. That's very different than Evans. But anyway, he was great, wasn't he. Well, I thought he was great. I love that episode.
Speaker 3: I love that he's, you know, good mates with Richard Wiseman, who's absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: And something he said caught my attention. It's come up.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what you focus on is what you notice, and it brought my attention to a healthy level of delusion. We're all delusional for better or for worse about something. And I'm not talking about delusions to the point of megalomania, which is highly destructive to yourself and others. But there is a healthy level of delusion that I think is important, not for just like life trajectory, but for your own sanity, your own mental health.
Speaker 1: Give us an example, like, when I think of delusion, I think of somebody that's just kind of fucking out of their mind or they just have a very unhealthy version of reality.
Speaker 3: Okay, So just the other night, in the middle of a rainstorm, I'm walking completely naked down the road and this corpor. Oh wait, now that's a different story. That's not the one I wanted to tell anyway. So I'm driving down the road fully closed, middle of the day, very very different already, right, stories literally night and day. And I'm listening to an audio program from one of my fam my favorite speakers at the time, and I hear them talk about the Yale Study of nineteen fifty three where in nineteen fifty three they did study where they got the entire graduating cloud of Yale University and they asked them one specific question, how many of you have clearly defined goals and written plans for their achievement? And they followed these people over a span of twenty years. Nineteen seventy three, they interviewed the surviving. You know, not a couple of people died tragic accidents, unlikely, possible, and they basically tracked them. And what they found that in nineteen fifty three, only three percent of the graduating class of Yale had clearly defined goals and written plans for their achievement, which I kind of thought, stay with me, was a little bit odd that you would go to an Ivy League school and not have a clear goal about where you're going in life. But that's what they found. And in nineteen seventy three, twenty years later, what they discovered was the three percent that had clearly defined, written goals were earning more than the other ninety seven percent combined. Yeah, and then in another audio program, I was listening to the Harvard study which pretty much did the same thing, and they had very similar findings. Now, the problem with that is neither of those studies ever took place.
Speaker 1: It's an urban legend.
Speaker 3: Yale or Harvard have no record of any of that research ever being done. And that was exposed in a Fast Company article by Lawrence Taybeck. And what's interesting about that is I didn't know that that was false, and I thought, wow, So all you really need to do is have a clearly defined goal and have detailed plans for the achievement of that goal, and being willing to work really hard and put in the effort. And it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Look at these two studies, and I went from being this kid with brain damage, no real impressive educational background to achieving the top goals on my life in just a few years. And I was basing that on a delusion. It was a completely delusional belief. But like we've talked about Tiff and I manifesting, like what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Was it not mean?
Speaker 3: And say every time something would happen that would get in the way of my trajectory, I just thought, oh, well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Learning from this.
Speaker 3: I could adapt, I can learn new skills. I never for a second took it as oh, well, maybe I'm not cut out for this, because I thought, I'm amazing at this. If anybody else can do it, I can do it. And you know, this is just math. Look at the studies, complete bullshit. But that healthy dose of delusion served me really well until I was as company it is.
Speaker 1: That is a great story and a great explanation. Thank you, It really is. And it's a it's kind of a plus a boat. It's almost like a career plus a boat because you believe, if I'm taking this pill of goals and structure and process and timeline, and I keep taking this pill, then this will be the outcome.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, so and it was even because of that, I had a major setback. So this I had just been I had just left the military. And when I say left the military, I had just been asked to leave the military because of Tourette's. So and I got out and I had no job, and a friend of mine said, you know, I've got this perfect position.
Speaker 1: It pays exceedingly well.
Speaker 3: And it was this really high profile CEO, and so like I didn't have a call to drive out to this place. I spent hours on a bus getting out to this guy. Finally made it over there, sat down in the interview and he was asking me a little bit about my life goals. And I had on me my briefcase and in there I had like ten pages of written out plans. He took a look at my goals and the plans and the strategies. I looked up and he said, there's no way I'm going to hire you.
Speaker 1: This is just not the job for.
Speaker 3: You, because you are so clear on what it is you want. Nah, you shouldn't be working for anybody else right now.
Speaker 1: You should be focusing on.
Speaker 3: Making this happen, and I was like dead broke, Like I had just about enough money to get home that day, buy myself a cup of coffee. And Tuesdays were my favorite days because it was ninety nine cent whopper day, so for a dollar ninety eight I could buy two whoppers. I didn't have to eat for another twenty four hours. So I was in dire straits and losing that job for me, I was like, oh my god, this is this is perfect evidence. He said I'm doing so well with this goal setting thing, He's not even going.
Speaker 1: To hire me.
Speaker 3: And so like this epic failure somebody needed desperately inspired me somebody, and all of these failures where like nothing was going my way, I misinterpreted that evidence.
Speaker 1: I was completely on the right track. How old were you at this How old were you at this stage, very early twenties. Yeah, when you said you got kicked out of the military for having turettes, I just pickeded you walking around the yard with your with your rifle above your head gun, fucked the enemy, fucked the enemy, you know something like that. That would have been right. That's I don't know that that doesn't really.
Speaker 3: Work very well, I'm standing I'm standing at GQ in General Quarters. Everybody silent and attention, and I'm just go shitt know that, Yeah that that that kind of stuff doesn't work. That wasn't my issue in the military. It was that my rate was Corman. I was in the Navy, so Corman's kind of like a medic, and there's just so much attention to detail, Like if you put a tourniquet on somebody, you've got to write that time, like somewhere visible on their body, like their forehead, so people know when that tourniquet needs to be removed or you're going to cross somebody their limbs.
Speaker 1: It was like you are a walking liability. Really why yeah? Why why? Because with touretts you have lack of impulsivity.
Speaker 3: Obsessive compulsive disorder comes along with that very serious ADHD.
Speaker 1: Would you said lack of impulsivity, I would say you would be lack of impulse control, like increased impulsivity. Yeah. Sorry, I'm a little.
Speaker 3: Bit a little bit foggy today, but yeah, So there's a whole suite of symptoms that come with turettes that are just not ideal when you need to be like highly focused for a long period of time with extreme attention to detail, which is what was required at my rate, and like, yeah, you're you're out.
Speaker 1: So what a grid idea that you become a spiker who stands in front of audiences and needs to be calm and clear and articulate and make sense and not lose your shits and be assessed by five hundred people in a moment that doesn't seem naturally. You've seen me present to an audience before you of these things. No you no, no, no, you're very good. But you know, the funny thing with you is, and this is a compliment. Yeah, you can be scatty as fuck and then get on stage and you're the opposite. It's like you're just a bit, or you can be just a bit. You know, all the things that you are, you know, a bit distracted, a bit, a bit caught up in the moment, or a bit worried, or a bit anxious or a bit and then you get called out and you go out. And usually nearly every time I've seen you, especially the time where I flew you out and you did some work for me or work with me, I should say, at one of my weekends yeah, where you. Yeah, every time you were just you would get into flow pretty quickly and you're just in state, and everybody knew you by that. You know, there's one hundred and thirty people on the weekend, and by the end of the first night everyone knew you. By the second day, everybody was chatting to you and you were chatting everyone else. And yeah, like you just really have this capacity to turn on that switch whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Well, that environment is the perfect environment for someone with TARATS because when you are focused single mindedly on something that you were interested in, and that's combined with physicality, like exerting physical effort and like you now, it feels like you're around a marathon at the end of training day, you're putting out a lot of energy. It's the perfect environment to bring your brain online when you have TUATS. So sitting down and doing a spreadsheet is horrible. Standing on stage a lot more conducive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. So Tiff, like in the you've been doing getting in front of audiences for a while, but in the last year, especially if focused, I would say almost on a professional level, your primary focus has been building that developing skills. You know, figuring out what you're going to talk about and not talk about, and building connection and rapport and brand and like what have you learned? Like what are you better at now than say three years ago, or what did you need to learn and perhaps unlearn from a perspective of connecting with an audience, whether it's three or three hundred.
Speaker 2: Maybe a different or a better view of the container of what I'm presenting my content, what and how I'm presenting content.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think, yeah.
Speaker 2: Having a better plan around that, having a better idea of how to communicate it, what to link it to, just all that, I think, Yeah, I think maybe an outside view of that of how I am experienced.
Speaker 1: Because initially I.
Speaker 2: Have been walking into rooms where I am already known, already have relationships and I know or I am speaking to a particular theme in regards to that. And then when you work more in the professional space, you're stepping out with your own content to rooms that you have not yet developed any rapport with. So I think it takes there's a lot more to be aware of.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a lot called that. We call that a warm room and a cold room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just said that, wouldn't it yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So when I go into a warm room, I could take a dump on stage and people be like, oh, look, how well is shits? That's fucking amazing. Yes, I'll buy three books. Right of course, I'm exaggerating, And just if you're coming to a fewre event, I probably won't do that. But in it like a corporate cold audience, especially a big group like a conference where it's a bunch of businesses and you're speaking to lots of people in a big room and four people know you, or you know, like less than one percent maybe of the audience know you. Oh yeah you. It is just a completely different energy and you have to do all of this work to begin to get to the point that you have instantly with a warm audience, you know, to get that energy and that rapport and that trust and that respect. Because I'm just a six year old, you know, fucking buffhead with a shaved head on stage, and you know, it's like, I don't if I saw me walking up, I'd be like, yeah, I don't know. Let's see, let's see.
Speaker 2: What do you need to know about me in order for me to speak on this the way I want to speak about it. People are going to need to know things about me because they don't already know me.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, that's that's so true. What about you with a cold audience, Bobby, or a warm audience? Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Traditionally I would say it doesn't it didn't make a difference for me because you said it did not or it did did not make a difference. I didn't care, like I was just happy to be, you know, speaking in front of an audience, and a lot of times a cold audience, it's it's brand new because there's always this communication between you and the audience, even if even if the audience is not speaking, they're just sitting there silently, they're communicating and you feel it, Like you talk about that all the time now, sometimes you misread the communication like Okay, these people think I'm a complete muppet and they're just loving it. But there is communication happening there. One of the best speakers I have ever worked with is a guy in the name of You probably know this guy, Tom Plumber, Thomas Plumber and the health and Fitness industring.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I don't. Yeah, I don't know him personally, but I know who he is. Yep.
Speaker 3: Like there was a rumor going around that Tom's like a vampire, Like well into his sixties, he would be up all night entertaining students, entertaining participants, Like he'd go to bed at two o'clock in the morning, he'd wake up at five am, go for a run, get on stage first thing in the morning, be on stage all day, and just mesmerize people.
Speaker 1: And he was saying once that you know.
Speaker 3: He has this belief I am the best, Like I am the best speaker in my space. Now is that delusional? I mean maybe, like how would you even determine who's the best? Like what would be what would be the method of evaluation for that?
Speaker 1: And there's always someone better for you, better than you.
Speaker 3: But he is extraordinarily good at what he does because it's that belief system that he has that allows him to bring all of himself, with no hesitation, no insecurity whatsoever, into the front room and that really connects with people.
Speaker 1: And then the irony.
Speaker 3: Is because he so holds that belief it's not about him. He's lost in himself and disappears within a few minutes. He is totally connected to that audience, and it's that belief system that's the connector and if he walks into an audience and you know, he's not creating that effect in a room. Him believing that he is the best, he's able to be resilient and adapt to that, you know.
Speaker 1: Relatively quickly.
Speaker 3: So it goes back to that what is a healthy like what do you believe about yourself?
Speaker 1: That's something that's dawning on me increasingly. That's a really interesting thing that that what you just did push so many buttons in me, good and bad. Well not good and bad. But just like if I thought in my field I was the best speaker in Australia, which, for everyone's clarity, I do not, right, I for sure would not say that. I yeah, I just think which he does it and it seems to be working for him, and that's cool. I feel like in Australia, if you went I am the best in Australia at what I do, I think more people would disrespect you than respect you and think you're a narcissist. Which I'm not saying. I'm not saying he shouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: I reason, but here's here's something that here's something that has happened to me in my journey. First of all, like Tom was sharing that with me. He doesn't get up in front of an audience say I am the best, different he is the best, or it's about him. He just understands that there is an internal priming and a belief about who you are that essentuates all of your attributes and gets all of the background noise and just and insecurities out of the way, because that's a veiled. So imagine you've got your audience in front of you, You're standing on stage, every thought that you have about you, Oh my god, do they like me? Is this audience did that joke?
Speaker 1: Land? Am I getting accepted? What are the evls like?
Speaker 3: All that shit is thickening that veil. You got to find a way to remove that veil. And I used to get up in front of audiences, and I believe that I was very, very good because I believe that nothing was coming from me, like it wasn't my talent or my ability. I felt that I was so committed and passionate about what I was doing that I was in antenna. I was just transmitting and as long as as long as that channel was open, somebody in that room was going to be profoundly impacted. Not by what I had to say, but by the environment I created and the insights that emerge from my mouth and inside the minds of the people in front of me, and then I'm very much of that mindset where I could spoil it's nothing of this is about you. You know, you're not the best, You're not this. Just get up there, do your job. You know, don't like, don't read your own headlines. And sometimes what's really weird is it decreased my connection to the audience because.
Speaker 1: I would walk out.
Speaker 3: I would be walking toward the stage thinking something along the lines of Okay, here I am, and that would remove all of that internal noise, so that the second I got on the stage, that shift went from here I am to looking at my audience and going, oh, wow, there you are. And that is where I believe you need to be. And it's about like, what do you believe about your ability? It's not it's not thinking you're better than anyone else you're or you're worth more, or what you have to say is more important. It's about what do I have to do to kind of increase this connection to where I can disappear and just completely trust the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh yeah, I think I understand that, and I think I don't know that that's going to work for the average punt to though, who's trying to figure out what the fuck am I talking about? How long have I got to go? Have I covered this yet? Have I covered that? Like I think for a lot of people who are not where you are, which is at a high level that you know, just becoming an antenna or a conduit and it's not coming from me, it's coming through me and all that. I understand that because I have the same experience at times where I feel like this is happening despite me, not because of me. But I don't know that that is like you can't teach people to be that or do that because you have a lot of people getting up who lack confidence, lack skill like experience, lack stage presence, lack situational awareness. They have all of these things going on, so they're just you know, trying to figure it out in real time. And I think the like, how do we build rapport, connection, trust, deliver a good presentation, make a difference, you know, connect amazingly with the one percent or the five percent. I just think that there's so many ingredients in that recipe that what you're what you're saying is true, and also in other news it's not true for these people, perhaps you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And in my mind, that's all the more reason why it's important because then their structure, there's how do you go out and research the information? How do you put it together in a framework that makes sense when.
Speaker 1: You deliver that? How do you make why how do you test.
Speaker 3: To understand whether or not you're audience isn't even getting the point? So there's all this stuff around building content, and then there's all this stuff around how you deliver content.
Speaker 1: And if you're thinking about all of these.
Speaker 3: Things when you're trying to like organize all this information in your head, you're gonna choke. It's just too much. So there's one why am I here? What am I looking to give?
Speaker 1: Right? Two? What's the objective? Like when I step on on that stage?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I here to have fun? Am I here just to shit? Think about like.
Speaker 3: Your best date you've ever had where you couldn't say the wrong thing and the two of you were really laughing.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh my god, where have you been all my life?
Speaker 3: You didn't come in there with a ten point plan like okay, this is my this is my plan and my framework for a perfect date. And you weren't antenna. It wasn't coming from you. Was it was flowing through you. Everything you have learned, every interaction you ever had, you weren't in in the way. And that's the problem. How do you get yourself out of the way is just as important as how do you develop the skill sets so that you deliver something of value. All that stuff needs to be done off the stage, and I have to bring all that stuff on the stage with you all the time.
Speaker 1: I think the juxtaposition is that, you know, on the one hand, you want to be in flow, you want to be authentic, you want to read the room, you want to kind of just go where you go. But also, you know, we're we're taught at when you know, young ish or young ish in the the kind of the space speakers are taught about structure and you know, come up with five key messages, build on this, do that, do that, you know, which is all very cognitive, right, But then when I'm at my best, I'm less cognitive, more creative. Yeah, you know, I'm more, I'm more and instinctive, but building a framework and building a process and a timeline and kind of a plan is the opposite of being in flow. It's the opposite of, you know, of creativity. So I think it's that. And again I don't think it's all about one or the other. It's that convergence of brain stuff and creative stuff left right brain. You know, it's definitely both or storytelling.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like that both of that, the both of those domains are mutually dependent upon one another. Like I've got to go through the structuring and that framework and that process, like cognitive process of organizing a talk and practice that enough in a relatively safe, but you know, hopefully a little bit intimidating of an environment, so.
Speaker 1: I can let that shit go.
Speaker 3: Like if I want to get really good at skiing, I'm going to work with the ski instructor of ski coach. Hopefully that individual understands a lot about human biomechanics and aerodynamics and they're going to pass that information onto me.
Speaker 1: And there is a.
Speaker 3: Very specific way I need to stand and hinge my hips and all that stuff. I don't know, I'm that scared, But when I'm on that black double diamond, I hope. I'm not thinking about all that stuff because I'm going to die. I just I have to use all the stuff that I've trained for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Unfortunately, I've got to pull the pin because I'm going to go and talk to some people. Tiff, is there anything that you'd like to enlighten us with before we go? Any words of wisdom guidance for either Robert, myself, the listeners. I mean, no pressure, but if you could share one gem, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: There's one gym slip slop slap herbs.
Speaker 1: Okay, slip slop slap. I will remember that I'm in the car, not on a motorbike, so I should be okay, Bobby, tell people where they can find you, and by that, I'm in electronically, not physically. I'm on the corner of K streets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm on Instagram. Come find me on Instagram. I like Instagram. Also, you have a podcast, I do. I do think I knew that. So yeah, I've got a fucking pull teeth.
Speaker 3: I got it and it's called the Self Help bandidote and I have a website called the Self hel band todote dot com.
Speaker 1: And how ironic that you can't help yourself when I give you an opportunity to do so. At the end of the podcast, you fuck an idiot. We need most Yeah, but you're my idiot.
Speaker 3: I love you, and it's a self help antidote, so basically I'm right on target.
Speaker 1: That's it for the antithesis of helping oneself. Love you, mate, Tiffany, and cook your ace. Thank you, will see you next time. Everyone,