Speaker 1: Hey guys, thanks for subscribing to the podcast.
Speaker 2: If you like what you hear today, click on the link below.
Speaker 1: And look, so many people have been asking us what's coming up on the podcast, so we thought we just addressed as the whole right now. Yeah, it was a story that got around about how influencers are potentially taking over as journalists for the number one place that young people absorb their information, which is devastating to fake journals like us.
Speaker 3: So gen z are getting all their information from influencers, and like, we thought, that's a load of bullshit, So we made Abby in the newsroom deliver her news like an influencer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she suspiciously transitioned with ease.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was beautiful to watch her just morph into an influencer like that.
Speaker 4: So she was speaking in her normal language.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, guys, I'm home. I found myself.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 1: We did a nice little talk topic about when have you played through an injury off the back of Patti Danel getting smacked in the ribs, and then we spoke to a particular call who got stepped on by a horse, and then she went into detail where she got stepped on, and then she started talking about specific body parts yeah, and bits, And I was like, I don't know what's going on here, and you were writing stuff on paper saying it's this particular body part yeah, And I was still confused.
Speaker 3: How have you had potentially three children? I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: No, I told you carry gives birth ly.
Speaker 2: Female anatomy, not a strength of Vanderwhiges.
Speaker 5: Anyway, enjoyed the podcast.
Speaker 4: Really, really nice result last night for the Power.
Speaker 5: They are on fire eleven in a row.
Speaker 7: It's a good football team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just it was a pretty slow start, but you just always knew they were going to come back from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people saying, oh, geez, this is a bit of a lethargic start, and they're like, oh they did do FOREE lost all those types of things.
Speaker 5: They just just bang.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, we've just been cruising along in second gear.
Speaker 7: I turned it on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Paddy Dangerfield got crunched last night, so it was I the first or second quarter was really earlier. Yeah, went off for a little bit, but then came on and played the game out. It's been revealed this morning that he went to hospital last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is tough, Patrick James, that is so tough, really tough.
Speaker 1: And I'd tell you what, there's no point getting angry at Port Adelaide because I'm pretty sure it was Gary Rohan that pushed Dan Houston and then collide with Patrick Dangerfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you had a situation a couple of weeks ago with a broke his jaw but played on Lockey Jones.
Speaker 1: So last week, six minutes ago in the game at Lockie Jones breaks his jaw, wins the ball and then plays out the rest of the game. Then goes, oh, just jaws a little bit tender, might get a skin on that bank.
Speaker 4: Broken four weeks off.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 3: And then my husband informs me that because they've just had the Stanley Cup ice hockey finals over there and they played playoff series, is like like seven odd games. One of the players, one of the Florida Panthers players who went on to lose the series to Las Vegas, played four weeks with a broken sternum. Goodness, broken stern. He was in so much pain that he couldn't dress himself for the game, so other people had to dress him and put his skates on, and then he goes out in the ice and plays unbelievable stuff. Another one of the players, Aaron eck Bland, had during that final series two dislocated shoulders.
Speaker 5: He had to.
Speaker 3: Pass the concussion tests and it turns out he had a broken foot.
Speaker 1: Hang on, so two dislocated shoals, a sore head and a sore.
Speaker 5: Foot, a broken foot?
Speaker 1: What were they doing just strapping his stick to him and throwing it? So I've got get a meg plant.
Speaker 3: I've never broken a foot, but can you imagine someone putting an ice skate on it and then going just go out there and skate and get beaten up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not nice. So Nhli still got this old school mentality where you just got to push through the pain totally. Oh I'm seeing three things, well, go for the middle one.
Speaker 3: Well then, and then we switched over to the soccer because soccer whos played Argentina last night and I swear to God, within the first five minutes of that match there were three Argentina and Argentina players that went down. It was like they'd been shot and they're like, I'm dying and then precisely thirty six seconds later they're up running round again, it's like, stop carrying on. You don't have a broken foot or two dislocated shoulders exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, this is not a knock on soccer players, it is, but this is a trend.
Speaker 3: It begs the question this morning, thirteen twenty four to ten, when have you just gotten on with it and not realized how injured you were?
Speaker 2: Did you play through anything painful?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, what It was probably too stupid to identify that I was in serious pain. So what I thought was just a bit of a torn groin, plagued through it, and the next day, very very sore, went to the doctor somehow. They're like, oh, no, no, it's just you've had a bit of a spasm or a cramp. I got through Thursday to the next week and find I'm like, I can't walk properly.
Speaker 4: Here, wehn't got a scan. Bang, I'd ripped off the bone.
Speaker 1: So I got off the bone two adductor muscles on the inside that had ripped off the bone. So what happens in situations like that, because you've got so many ductors, the other ones and the bigger ones just sort of take over the area. Yeah, but it was still like, oh no, you'll be right next week and I win got scinned, like, actually you're out for three months.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: I just love that the other adductors are in there, going we've.
Speaker 4: Got this all right. Donald and Jimmy are downright, boys, Let's regroup.
Speaker 3: And that's after they've tried to like go in and drag Donald and Jimmy off the ground.
Speaker 2: Get up, boys, keep going, no you can't.
Speaker 5: That's right, We've got this. I love that your inductors are talking to each other. That's so cute.
Speaker 4: It's good. They're very, very connected.
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: When did you get on with it when you did not realize how very badly injured you were?
Speaker 5: Sometimes with the kids, you're like, ah, if they fall.
Speaker 3: I've had a friend whose kid fell on the trampoline and she's like, oh, you're right, darling, can you move it?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 3: Off you go to school and then found out broken. I really thoes there.
Speaker 5: I don't know anyway. A couple of them your arm morning. When did you get on with it and you didn't know you were injured?
Speaker 9: I went to move my horse in ament in November last year, and she went into fight and flight mode and she stomped on my left foot, pushed me over backwards, stomped on my right femur, and then stuck her rear horse between my legs.
Speaker 4: She had a crack.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she had a good crack and unfortunately, well she didn't break anything. And that happened at quarter past ten in the morning. By the time I got her onto the truck to move her, it was one o'clock in the afternoon. Right by the time I got her to a new adjustment, it was half past one. By two o'clock I was in hospital.
Speaker 4: Well, oh my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, Jan, Yeah, so what ines In the end?
Speaker 9: I had nine stitch is on the inside of my right Lady, she really put her real right between my legs.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is Jan. This is the time where I don't keep on asking further questions. Jodie's waving her arms at me, just saying just just leave it there anything.
Speaker 9: It was not very pleasant, that's all for three hours and got it to where she needed to be.
Speaker 3: Wow, you can really soldiering on.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what horses you cannot trust horses going to.
Speaker 3: Rachel from sleepid quickly, please, Rachel, good.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Rachel.
Speaker 5: Tell me whatever happened to you was your upper body.
Speaker 11: I don't know if I can top that, but yeah, wow, Yeah. I was doing a surf competition many years ago and sort of ten minutes into my heat, my surfboard smashed into my face and broke my well, hurt my nose and blood, blood going everywhere.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: It's not what you want when you're in the middle of the ocean. Yeah, yeah, And I felt like I broke my nose and continued surfing in the heat, probably fifteen minutes ago, and I actually won the heat. But when I came in and everyone was just looking at me with blood coming down my face and my nose was apparently to the side of my face.
Speaker 4: Oh, and is this stuff of movies?
Speaker 3: But also you know what happens when there's blood in the water in the ocean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know who's.
Speaker 10: Coming for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 11: It was held it by a PingER, you know, which is quite known for fifty years of sharky waters.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whilst I applaud your bravery, that could have ended real bad for you, right, g.
Speaker 4: And piranhas and all sorts of things, you know. Back to Jams twenty minutes and nine o'clock. There's a lot to look forward to when.
Speaker 7: It comes to Fridays.
Speaker 5: Oh, we love our Fridays.
Speaker 1: Here you got the Battle of the Bangers, which was a good one. This morning is very very epic. Smile at the top of the shelf. Ricon fifty Fridays with Ryan Fitzgerald.
Speaker 5: We love this.
Speaker 6: I play that opener to the kids every Friday. It doesn't get in the same response I get from you, guys.
Speaker 5: How are you great?
Speaker 6: Many good good and Battle of the Bangers? I don't know Jade's growing up. A banger was someone who loved their heavy metal music as well. Remember those. Yeah, if you're a banger at school, you usually wore a Metallica T shirt and tight jeans and you're a bit of a banger. But I do love your Battle of the Bangers. What was the selection today, guys? And I'll give you my my result.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, here we go. You got this one, fatigue or you've got this one? What a contrast?
Speaker 7: Well, let me tell you this.
Speaker 6: I was a banger in high school, so I'm going with chiesewee.
Speaker 5: I'm so sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, So thank you for taking that big handful of salt and rubbing it into my wound.
Speaker 5: You appreciate that, you'd be happy to.
Speaker 4: Know it got the job done.
Speaker 1: We played a bit of coaches on over before and this will be our last yift.
Speaker 6: That's it, it's all over. No, No, that's good. That was a good selection.
Speaker 5: I like that one, Vizy.
Speaker 3: How impressed were you by the Port Adelaide Football club last night?
Speaker 5: Just taking out the rain and premieres?
Speaker 6: They are the real deal, Jody, They really are. I mean last night, I mean to win by over six goals. That was a dominant performance. And the only thing that I need to worry about, or anyone needs to worry about with Port Adelaide is have they gone too hard too early? You know, it is their form, their best halfway through the season. But you know what, I'd rather be playing like this halfway through the year than some of the other teams that aren't in the top eight at the moment. So yeah, it was very impressive world under Paul Lai. They looked magnificent at the moment.
Speaker 4: It's a story of my life.
Speaker 1: It's but what is on their side and what people are saying is well, the engine room is so young, so if it's rosy. But as on On Francis, these guys are still young enough to not get sore or not need a break.
Speaker 4: Is that just? Is that too old school to think?
Speaker 6: Do you reckon?
Speaker 4: They're playing through injury?
Speaker 6: That that is something that I never did in my career because I was such a weak turd. I I remember when I popped my shoulder out for the first time, Hazy, did you ever go on the green whistle?
Speaker 4: Do you get on the grat?
Speaker 6: Well? I popped my shoulder out for the first time, Jones, and they couldn't The doctor couldn't get it back in. It was a local doctor in Melbourne at Punt Road there and they couldn't get it back in for an hour and a half.
Speaker 7: And I went through.
Speaker 6: I went through two whistles, man, I was playing the rude sandstorm in the rooms.
Speaker 7: I had my top off.
Speaker 4: I was on people's shoulders, fire out.
Speaker 6: I ended up at the Savvy that night and then went to Rise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I was in exact same situation, so they couldn't get my shoulder back in.
Speaker 4: This was the Ponderosa.
Speaker 1: So I ended up with Lyel McEwen and they had to put me to sleep to slip it back in, and then the irresponsible nurses let my housemates in who had a.
Speaker 4: Text, and the drew penises all over me.
Speaker 1: So I woke up with my arm and a cast and a photo of me just Harvard in cartoon Fallacies.
Speaker 5: Which is how you used to sign footballs back and.
Speaker 7: Your signature comes back.
Speaker 6: So my pain barrier was very very low. If I got injured, I was straight off the ground. I'm not sticking around. But those boys are bloody tough, very tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just very quickly. The Crows they've got the buy this weekend.
Speaker 4: Well, let's hope.
Speaker 6: So God, if there's if there's ever a team that's looking forward to the buy, it's Carlton at the moment. If you're a Carlton supporter, isn't it like it's just I went on the front I went on the front bar the other night and I've never had so much more fun than just I had about fifteen Carlton jokes up my slope and as a South Australian, it's so good that this year both teams are doing quite well and we're not that person that everyone's joking about. But isn't it Yeah, it'd be good for the boys just to have a rest, refresh and come back because those young kids are playing really well, but they their bodies can't, you know, they can't handle a full year. So to have a week halfway through it will be great for the term. So obviously last week we spoke to you before Texas to fiftieth. Can you just explain to you what happened to you physically as Taylor Walker was approaching goal number ten. I just I couldn't you know that those days that were it just falls into your lap, Paisy, It's just and everything was happening. I'm so glad for the crowd that had happened because watching it was like it was in slow motion. And you know, Oscar Allen was standing him, which is he's probably the best player in the West Coast team at the moment, and I thought once they put him on him, he won't kick anymore. He kicked another three, but that tenth goal he got thrown out of the marking contest and then all of a sudden, he played for the free kick, looked at the umpire and as he looked back around, the ball just happened to bounce up right into his hands and he just snapped it for his tenth poetry in motion in goals, we're.
Speaker 5: Going to take about on this.
Speaker 2: So Sam pal Pepper was interviewed postgame last night.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you caught it.
Speaker 3: He got a little bit excited talking about Quintin Nichele's deboo.
Speaker 5: Do you want to have a list of this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Love to and you're so proud to be playing alongside him now.
Speaker 5: And he's a good player.
Speaker 1: I love that you love that from a young man, that's from the heart.
Speaker 6: And that's why we love footballers is because I mean, we get a dump button in radio, but they don't get it with interviews for an AFL game, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: So good to speak to you, FFFITZI.
Speaker 7: Love you guys. Have a great week in mate.
Speaker 5: Have you checked out?
Speaker 2: What if dot COM's a top ten winter weekend as yet?
Speaker 4: How could it wa?
Speaker 5: Tipon? System's in there?
Speaker 2: Camera, can's tweetheads?
Speaker 4: The book? You to get away on the waterfat?
Speaker 5: What if it's Ouzzie for travel?
Speaker 3: Well, hazy, I've had the pleasure of interviewing our next performer before and can I just give your heads up?
Speaker 5: You don't know what you're going to get I like it.
Speaker 3: Performing at the Adelaie Cabaret Festival. The show is called Engorged. Can you please welcome Rubin Cateren.
Speaker 12: I'd love to say it's a pleasure, but it is very early in the morning for me to be here.
Speaker 7: This feels homophobic.
Speaker 5: Now what about this.
Speaker 3: The sixteenth of June is sold out, the seventeenth of June is pretty much sold out.
Speaker 5: But you've had to put.
Speaker 3: On a new show on the twenty fourth of June at seven thirty pm.
Speaker 12: I have by public demand democracy and action. And the Greece invented two things, democracy and homosexuality. So let's see which one does well for me.
Speaker 1: It ties in beautifully to the show title and gorged indeed through it swollen, overblown, everything that makes your mind go, what's going on here?
Speaker 12: Well, originally what we wanted to do was have the word gorge in it, like oh that's gorge, Oh that's gorge. And then we realized that if we just put engrged but capitalize the gorge and that we can get a really filthy pun in under the radar, so to speak.
Speaker 7: For the Adelaide Cabaret Fessel, and they went with it.
Speaker 12: It's sort of like when we were at q PAC in Queensland that had the ten meter high led screens on the side of the building and we had them with the K hole there because no one at q PAC knew.
Speaker 7: What a k hole was one.
Speaker 12: So today I've got engaged on the Adelaide Cabaret Festival out the front in ten meter letters.
Speaker 3: Well done you And it's not like you to love a filthy pun, is it.
Speaker 12: There's a reason I'm not allowed on live TV anymore. That's why I'm on tour so much. It's harder to hit a moving target.
Speaker 5: Yes, Ruben what sort of songs are we performing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Well, there's a couple of originals in there. It's eighteen musicians that I've got there. I know normally have different names for the band. So normally it's ruben Ka and the Close Contacts or ruben k and the Emergency Contacts. This year it's ruben k and the Afterthoughts because there's a sorry because there's eight Do you have a dump button?
Speaker 4: I can't find I can't find it.
Speaker 12: The song list is absolutely incredible, as am I. In fact, I don't think the Adelaide Cabaret festival deserves to have me. We've got some stuff from Amandalier, who's one of the old sort of supermodel vocalists in inverted commas from Studio fifty four. There's Carol King. We've got a bit of Whitney in there. We got a little bit of Aerosmith in there. We've got some stuff from the Divine Comedy, this amazing sort of dramatic and vaguely depressing, a very sardonic and biting.
Speaker 7: Band from the UK.
Speaker 12: And then ah, there's this amazing version of this song that your listeners are far too young to remember, called If I Ruled the World, sung by Tony Bennett. But let's just say we've given it the Ruben k treatment. And my goodness me, she slaps right now.
Speaker 3: Ruben, you are incredibly stylish, and you've just made reference to Hazes at Hire. He's incredibly unstylish. I would love for you to give him some sort of makeover.
Speaker 9: Look.
Speaker 12: I think it's very unfair to refer to people who identify as beije as.
Speaker 7: And don't you laugh.
Speaker 12: You're wearing it suspiciously off white sweater there that feels like it could be oatmeal, champagne or oyster. I think every single person is beautiful in what they are comfortable in. And if you're comfortable in a torn jersey with a coffee stain, you do you celebrate the journey you're on.
Speaker 3: I don't think you've even seen the Birkenstocks at this point.
Speaker 5: Is sorry that show the bottom half? Please?
Speaker 7: Oh but the calf is good.
Speaker 12: And the macas socks with the Birkenstocks real dat. But I will say this, if you're wearing Birkenstocks, you are immediately part of the queer community. Yeah, really right, that's the B and lgbt Q I if you don't mind.
Speaker 7: So camp seem adorable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Reuben, the show is called in Gorge in case you haven't got that already.
Speaker 5: You are larger than life.
Speaker 3: I've seen you and you are just absolutely spectacular.
Speaker 12: So thank you for having me. Both of the shows, the sixteenth and seventeenth, have sold out, but we have a We have added a new show on Saturday the twenty fourth at the Dunstan Playhouse, me eighteen piece Orchestra and a party at my room.
Speaker 7: At the end of Connor you could say, no.
Speaker 5: Everything what room number? Because of Haze is going to be.
Speaker 7: Back yeah, five fourteenth.
Speaker 4: That's me. That's me down the hallway in the Birkenstocks.
Speaker 7: A little You tell me you built a time machine?
Speaker 5: Hazes on this daisy.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 7: Let's come.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 5: Trademark Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, week too. It's like, is it already Friday?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: It is a big legend. Go have a crack. Sixteenth of June. Let's take a little trip down memory lane.
Speaker 1: Let's go all all the way back to eighteen eighty four, the first ever roller coaster began operating at Corney Island in New York. I don't trust a roller coaster these days. That's gone through so many safety regulations. Can you imagine the eighteen eighty four version.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't have even finished it. There was no endpoint. You just launched off the end of the end.
Speaker 4: There was like, okay, I'll have a crack.
Speaker 5: Oh this is fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people built a bit different down there.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: Young Johnny died when he was twenty nine. Well, he lived a long, long, long life. Back in eighteen eighty four, twenty sixteen, one of the great songs was launched.
Speaker 4: Dinner Baby shucked it in Jodes Baby.
Speaker 1: I should probably phase this out right now because there's people that are hovering around the radio.
Speaker 4: I don't get off, get that off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you ever want to sample Triple Am, now is the time.
Speaker 1: South Korean education brand Pink Fong debut on YouTube and twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: Who would have thought, there's no way in the world that they did that.
Speaker 1: And when you know what, this will be one of the absolute songs of our generation. Pink Fong, Pink Fong, It's pink Fong for it starts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then there were different adaptations as well. There was Baby Monkey Bananas.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really switch things up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jerdy, Yeah, that's not going to work. Twenty seventeen, Sorry.
Speaker 3: What were you trying to say?
Speaker 1: Coca Cola No sugar so good went on sale in Australia. There you go, most some really foreign accent Coca Cola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: Twenty thirteen Despicable Me Too, with voices from Steve Carell and Kristin Wig premieres.
Speaker 7: That was a great movie as well. How cute to the minions.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never gone to a kids movie and I've gone that.
Speaker 5: Is a great movie.
Speaker 4: Are you seriously you.
Speaker 5: Can't do it?
Speaker 2: I've just been to too many kids movies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what about the cars franchise, Cars one, two and three. There's a new installment coming out too, apparently. Yeah, Cars one, two and three. Come on, old Wilson, no interest. Oh my god, what are we dealing here with?
Speaker 4: Flaty and gentlemen? I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for Joden.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I'm a woman, a grown mature woman.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I am speed.
Speaker 4: Like nim the Queen.
Speaker 1: Number one song in June sixteenth in nineteen ninety six was Wonderwall by Oasis.
Speaker 5: Oh can those boys just sort out the differences? Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just feel like, don't reckon? This would be a good song to play. If you're doing acoustic music around like pubs and stuff, don't reckon this would be a good one to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are you getting that film?
Speaker 5: Have you ever performed the song acoustically?
Speaker 12: Only?
Speaker 4: Every single time that I ever got a chance to play anywhere?
Speaker 5: Any requests anyone?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well let's do Wonderwall.
Speaker 4: Hey can you play the new one by the Killers?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Wonder Wall? It is.
Speaker 1: Sejay was going to be the dam They'll never.
Speaker 7: Throw it back.
Speaker 3: To you.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the studio news Rita, Abby, Good morning as hi abbyh yeah, we bring you alarming news. This is little article stumbled across my desk and I thought, well, that's really really concerning for those journalists, which is my other job.
Speaker 4: So I had some danger as well, Abby TikTok.
Speaker 1: Influences and celebrities are increasingly taking over from journalists as the main source of news for young people, according to report published by the Britain based Routers Institute. You know, if it's Britain based, it's the real deal.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 5: So the dumbing down of the world bigging.
Speaker 10: I think it's already started to be honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you go to UNI?
Speaker 5: I went to UNI, waste the time, to wasteated.
Speaker 8: With a Bachelor of Communications, Thank you, and I still can't speak.
Speaker 10: So that's funny.
Speaker 1: Does it mean chat unless you've got fifty thousand Instagram followers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so true mate.
Speaker 8: Concerning stuff, Well, that's yeah, that's concerning obviously. You know, we go to UNI and we study and we delve into news and that's our life and all the rest of it. So for people to be getting their news off influencers, I know how depressing.
Speaker 3: They should be getting getting it off the likes of me, who has to ask every single time to my editors at work, if I was going to use a comma here, would put it before or after that letter.
Speaker 8: I think most people don't realize with me. But every time I meet someone and they say, oh, like with the news, you know who writes it for Oh my god, I do, And they go, oh, oh really, no, I'm not just sitting in that both singing to this.
Speaker 10: I mean I do sing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, time I writer, I find it, I research it, and then I also present it. So it's my fault when I stuff up. Also, but I don't have anyone else in there helping me.
Speaker 1: No, the hell knows the difference between all the wares and the words, and you know.
Speaker 4: The pluralization, all that type of thing.
Speaker 5: Singing's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You've got to adapto apps, You've got to adapt with the times.
Speaker 8: Adapt or Diaby saying that maybe I should become an influencer and then I can like I'm across both I'm a and I'm an influencer, and then you're fully qualified.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so this isn't heavy feedback.
Speaker 1: What we're saying is it's probably your tone, the way that you're delivering the information.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm probably a little bit too professional.
Speaker 10: Yeah, some it down.
Speaker 1: If these people are making sure they listen to influencers, you've probably got to change your language and all sorts of things. So all good though, We're here to give you some tips.
Speaker 10: I love when you guys get on board.
Speaker 1: We're here to help you adapt seamlessly into this next transition. So what we're going to do is we're going to give you a bit of example of how the news should sound like. Okay, perfect, right, here we go, and please take note. Hey guys, thanks for tuning in that so many people have been asking me about the budget, so I thought i'd just address it with you guys as a whole. So the budget's like done and there's no stamp duty, so that's that's good.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: I just want to.
Speaker 3: Say thank you all to subscribing to my channel, and I want to say that the number of people in work is here to record high. So fourteen million people now have a job. Unemployment dropped to three point six percent, and I have to say that I have one of the most serious jobs of all as a hashtag influencer. So I'd say to all you people that don't have a job, just go and get a real one like me and do tutorials on how to apply contour simple or die ye.
Speaker 10: Do you know what serve Judy is? All right, I reckon, I'm going to give this a go.
Speaker 4: If I can do this, all right, here we go, Then here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Abbey in the newsroom for the latest on the traffic a traffic.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, welcome back to the traffic with me at Abbey in the newsroom.
Speaker 10: Give us a like and like, I'll like you back or follow you back. So many of you have.
Speaker 8: Been in my DMS, and I just thought i'd hop on here and update the traffic for you all, because like it's pretty crazy out.
Speaker 10: There this morning.
Speaker 8: So first off, we have to talk about this crash at Salisbury Heights. There's been a crash and they're kind of like there and they're cleaning it up. But like on Main North Road near the Groveway, it's sort of really slow for city bound, so like we're really back to the truck up on South Road to Edwardstown two. Because every single person in Adelaide is like trying to get into the city.
Speaker 10: How crazy is that?
Speaker 8: There is also some speak cameras like don't speed, it's so bad.
Speaker 10: Also you'll get fined, which is like really really bad.
Speaker 8: So they're on trimm Oparade at Seton and the Letter Road at Fulham Gardens. The Audi end of financial your event is on now, Oh who wants to buy me? An Audi presenting you with an exciting opportunity across a range of exceptional models out if you're listening, like I'm here for you, drive progress today and June thirty.
Speaker 10: Te's and seas apply.
Speaker 8: Let's now look at the weather because so many people have been damming me about oh.
Speaker 10: My god, like the sun is out. What is that? Like we almost like all gonna die because the sun's finally out.
Speaker 8: Anyway, it's sunny today and it's the top of nineteen degree.
Speaker 10: So what you should do like gone.
Speaker 8: Get your coffee, gone, get you your slow brew or even my baby, grab a juice, like the juice is really good for you, and you should not wear your shoes. You should got onto the grass and put your feet on the grass. Apparently it's not really good anyway. It's tenin' well and on Adelaide Snova.
Speaker 4: Just breaking stories.
Speaker 5: How huge. I hope you.
Speaker 3: Agree that Modern Family was one of the greatest shows of all time. We can absolutely aground that Arial Winter played Alex Dumpy, the smart kid in the family.
Speaker 4: She was the jam of the family exactly.
Speaker 3: So she has joined an eclectic cast of actors, athletes and television personalities in a Mars simulation on a new reality show. Right, does that make any sense to anyone?
Speaker 4: Mars simulation is in the planet, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's filmed in Kooper Peat in South Australia because Kooper Pet apparently looks like Mars.
Speaker 5: Endorsement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these guys were going there and was on all the news services, but they were literally covering themselves up and no one knew who was going.
Speaker 3: So she's on this show and she was most surprised to see Lance Armstrong there, but she made a huge mistake because she confused him for someone else.
Speaker 13: Have a listen, Lamb's Armstrong is a real freaking astronaut. He is a real astronaut.
Speaker 4: He is Lance Armstrong.
Speaker 13: You need to google him, You need to know everything about him because he is so cool. The fact that we have an astronaut is so crazy.
Speaker 4: And also that she went up to Neil Armstrong. He's like you drugged cheap.
Speaker 5: Oriels made a real mess of things. Ah, juicy, Let's talk al Pacino, shall we.
Speaker 3: He's a new dad once again at age eighty three, and his girlfriend nor a fella twenty nine.
Speaker 4: You just have confidence.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 3: He confirmed she'd give him birth as the pair enjoyed a dinner date in West Hollywood recently.
Speaker 5: Can we do the maths on this please?
Speaker 3: So he's eighty three when the kid's twenty, he's going to be one hundred and three.
Speaker 4: Twenty first, one hundred and four. Dad, get up here and give us a speech.
Speaker 1: Well, oh, I'm asleep right, thank you did.
Speaker 4: Either? All his eyes are shut.
Speaker 3: He's tired and he's having a little nap or a long nap.
Speaker 5: Who's to say?
Speaker 7: Je juice?
Speaker 3: Sam pel Pepper had a blinder last night in the port game.
Speaker 4: He's a raging bull that I love him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's very very good.
Speaker 3: Now, you, of course, will know that Quintin Narkle came in late for Junior Rioli, who had the flu. Quinton made his debut for the Port Adelaide football club. Quentin is an ex cat. He's also Sam pal Pepper's cousin and they also grew up playing football together.
Speaker 5: Nice little history.
Speaker 4: Lesson for you there, good for there you go, there's a connection.
Speaker 3: SPP got a little excited when he was interviewed by Abby Holmes after the match and she asked him about Quinton and this was his reply, and side bad.
Speaker 5: You're playing on siding now and as a player, as.
Speaker 1: A very good player, I love especially when it's nice and beautiful and innocent.
Speaker 4: Because she get caught.
Speaker 1: Up in the moment, I imagine Thedorphans would just be apps, absolutely pumping. I feel like if I was in that situation, I would only know two or three words, and one of them would be the.
Speaker 4: I think he's done well to say at once?
Speaker 3: What about that moment though, when you're sitting there watching a live interview and someone drops an F bomb and you have that doubt in your head, you go did he and you look to your partner on the couch did he just say?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because it's happened a couple of times in roaming Brian on a Friday night. Oh yes, obviously extremely live and someone drops an F mom and it was Tommy Jonas's mate, Oh that's the wet.
Speaker 4: And Brian was like, oh, no thanks, we'll just head over here.
Speaker 3: All The other good one is when they get the big boom mics and they put it like at the in the NBL, in the basketball and they put it in.
Speaker 5: The middle of the huddle and someone's like, let's f and go.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that needs to be Joey Wright.
Speaker 1: To a teams to go off, and you're like, oh my god, he's a bleeding job, I know.
Speaker 3: And then they go back to the commentary box and no one knows what.
Speaker 1: To say and they do like this half fast apology.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apologies for that, but that's Live TV for you.
Speaker 5: Juicy Juicy, that's projuice for this morning.
Speaker 4: Very good stuff, really big show.
Speaker 1: We really encourage you as well to download the podcast and a big show coming up on Monday.
Speaker 5: Huge.
Speaker 3: We are going to pay your bills every single hour and all across the day as well. Oh, the Monday joke off returns. We need to be in the newsroom to start working on hers now, please.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course her.
Speaker 5: Form is indifferent.
Speaker 10: Ma'am was good for the last two weeks.
Speaker 8: Thank you. I think you two are the issue here. Oh you're the common denominator. You don't laugh, and I'm hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's everyone else.
Speaker 10: It's correct, everybody else.
Speaker 5: Time to take some personal responsibility.
Speaker 3: Never Rennie is going to be in for the weekend sports rap as well.
Speaker 2: Now we're about to rip into the diary.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get this little faux pa of yours in from this morning. We were talking about younger people now get their news from influences and not journalists and abs in the newsroom. To her credit, did her beautiful traffic as an influencer that might be in a video today if you will. You, during the course of that discussion said this, and I didn't pick it up at the time, but afterwards I went, did he just say this?
Speaker 4: People?
Speaker 1: According to report published by the Britain based Routers Institute, Yeah, look, since then we've done some research.
Speaker 5: It's very much definitely.
Speaker 4: Reuters Reuters right, Okay.
Speaker 5: It's not an institute for Routers, the.
Speaker 1: US institute part of Britain's University of Oxford. What a bunch of dirty birds at Oxford. So I was thinking after it.
Speaker 3: Sadly that didn't make it into the diary, but all of the following content did did Diary? I think that Donald Trump best summed up the entire week.
Speaker 7: For US America.
Speaker 5: Griefs and is and good and gruesome and gigantic and gluey and gilly.
Speaker 3: Kanye West featured heavily in Battle of the Bangers.
Speaker 7: Everybody says, who does he think he is?
Speaker 4: I just told you who I thought I was.
Speaker 5: God here we.
Speaker 3: Are that crazy, And we spoke about Kanye's birthday party and the fact that there were nude models covered in sushi, presumably from sushi Sushi. That's are you hungry?
Speaker 7: That's not Jennifer's sushi again?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Speaking of parties, here's one we all want to go to, Diary.
Speaker 7: That's Freshet Factory, Nava.
Speaker 4: It's the Weekend Madonna.
Speaker 5: It's called Popular Weekend the Madonna. What a combo a coming?
Speaker 1: No one throwing their playboy KARTI You've got a genuine party, don't you, playboy CARDI party?
Speaker 4: That's what I want to go to.
Speaker 2: My brain farts continued this week.
Speaker 5: That's awful, awesome.
Speaker 10: Is what diary.
Speaker 3: Abby once again threatened to never ever ever deliver another joke on this show, and the part of me wishes she'd follow through on that.
Speaker 8: Today, my son asked, can I have a bookmark? And I burst into tears. Eleven years old and still doesn't know my name is Brian's.
Speaker 1: I get it now, what's so disappointing about this whole past few minutes?
Speaker 4: Is it? We all hand in the joke?
Speaker 1: She produces Zoe, and I say, alright, you ranked them zo weakest to strongest. She said, I reckon Abbey needs to go last because she's got a crack it this way, I know.
Speaker 5: Who's the best last.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Hey, don't no one blame Abbey please, because she's so hit and miss with this thing.
Speaker 4: Please blame producers.
Speaker 5: Well, that definitely wasn't orphan.
Speaker 3: What about that moment when you go to a funeral and everyone's morning and then it turns out the person isn't really dead?
Speaker 2: Who the hell was that physician?
Speaker 5: You idiot?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Everybody? Hi Ecuadorian dougna Nick.
Speaker 3: And then we asked what did you miss out on as a kid? Kieran from Hilton got a real run up and he's Telly.
Speaker 5: October eighty eight.
Speaker 1: I was watching The Dark Crystal and my dad used to hit the side of a TV.
Speaker 9: When the reception would go funny, and the reception was going funny, so I ran back and fly.
Speaker 7: Kicked it into the walls the TV blower and Mum didn't replace the TV for twelve years.
Speaker 3: While my husband, at eleven years of age, became a junior designer for Nike.
Speaker 2: He's drawn a swash on it.
Speaker 1: He hasn't done a good job of the richard to explain why I throw on the other day, Who's ring that suit with his Hugo boss written.
Speaker 12: A love.
Speaker 2: So this weekend, kickback and.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your Jennifer sushi, Chuck on a bit of Kanye Chray, and don't be afraid to get all Donald.
Speaker 4: And Blue and Gilling.
Speaker 10: Oh my love.
Speaker 6: Jody Adelaides Jody and Hazy