Speaker 1: Welcome to the Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: I'm Caleb Bond with Liz Storer and filling in for James McPherson is Kel richards Well. The former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has made a shocking claim about the death of the Queen. Will tell you what it is later in the show. Stephen Miles, Premier of Queensland, has backed the political trend and said he would do a deal with the Greens if it comes to minority government. And a father to be has landed himself a day in court after revealing the gender of his coming child.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you why later.
Speaker 3: Now we are continually told renewable energy is the cheapest form of energy available, and you, like me, look at your power bill every month and know that that is absolutely not the case. It costs a lot of money to get these things over from China, primarily to then put them up on pieces of land where people generally don't want them. But what happens when twenty twenty five years down the line you have to get rid of them? How much does it cost? Well, you now have people and blow and behold this reporting has come ya the ABC.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm just as shocked as you are. But you now have people.
Speaker 3: Saying that, look, we could put wind turbines up on our properties and they stand to gain about seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars in profit per turbine over the twenty five year lifespan.
Speaker 2: But what happens when we have to get rid of it?
Speaker 3: Because the Australian Energy Infrastructure Commissioner now estimates that decommissioning a single wind turbine costs six hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And so if you agree to have one.
Speaker 3: Of these wind turbines, or presumably many of these wind turbines on your property, you've got a hope that the company that pays to put them up in the first place is still going to be around in twenty five years time so they can pay to take it down. Otherwise you're going to be left up the creek. So landowners are saying, well, we need the government to step in here if we are possibly going to allow these things to be built, because hell, we don't want to be left with a six hundred thousand dollar bill for every single wind turbine that we allow to be put up. But presumably all of this then if it's going to be paid for by the government or the power companies, has.
Speaker 2: To be factored into what you pay.
Speaker 3: So, Liz, not only do we pay for the thing to be put up in the first place, which is hideously expensive, now we've got to pay for the thing to be decommissioned six hundred thousand dollars per pop. Now, I don't know exactly how many turbines there are across the entire country.
Speaker 2: I know in.
Speaker 3: Victoria there's about two thousand, five hundred. I mean multiply that by six hundred thousand dollars a pop for every single one of them. We are talking about huge money here for the cheapest energy in the world.
Speaker 4: Apparently, and quite rightly, people who are being asked to put these up on their land saying well, hang on a minute, you don't have a clear decommissioning process here. Now, according to the math that the Australian Energy Infrastructure Commissioner has put out there, saying well, we'll give you if you're getting seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars per wind turbine on your property, and you may have to fit the bill for the six hundred thousand to decommission it, you'd still be making one hundred and fifty thousand per turbi, and.
Speaker 3: That's seven hundred and fifty k over twenty five years. Once you've accounted for inflation. Surely you're six hundred grands out the wink well.
Speaker 4: Who knows what you'd actually end up fitting the bill for.
Speaker 5: Quite rightly the good point, good point.
Speaker 4: But we already have ninety operating wind farms in Australia, three hundred in total if the summer being built, some are planned, they are underway, and we don't yet have a clear decommissioning process.
Speaker 6: How on earth is this supposed to happen?
Speaker 4: And we know from last year you may remember this when Nick Cada from Menzies Research Center took himself up to far North Queensland and discovered we already have wind turbine graveyards in our own country. Check this out and tell me how renewable you think this looks.
Speaker 7: Just dumped here here they are. This is renewable energy. By the way, remember that word renewable. There's nothing much renewable about these things. These are old turbine blades, quite short ones actually, I mean they look big but they're some of the early twenty meters I think, and now.
Speaker 1: They've worn out.
Speaker 7: You can see you look at the quality of it, there's not much life left.
Speaker 3: In that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Those ones discovered last July had been lying there for eight years already, and it bears noting that the ones we're now building are four to.
Speaker 8: Five times bigger than that.
Speaker 4: So what kind of graveyards are we going to be having twenty five to thirty years from now and then what's the cost of Obviously we won't be able to just ditch them without replacing them.
Speaker 8: By then we will be very reliant on them.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I just can't believe the short sightedness of this government.
Speaker 9: The blades now are the length of four buses. The problem is the people living in Teels electorates are now near them, so they've got no idea how big they are. And they remember as kids going out to the bush and seeing those cute little southern cross wind mills, wind mills that pumped up bore water for the cattle, and that's they're nice.
Speaker 1: No they're not.
Speaker 9: They're an average of four hundred and fifty feet high. They're huge. They're like you know, multi story buildings. As I say, one blade fills the back of an entire semi trailer, so they're to get rid of it. You've got concrete and in the base, you've got steel in the town and those big blades are made out of fiberglass and bals of wood.
Speaker 1: And this is not the ball.
Speaker 9: The fiberglass is not particularly degradable or reusable stuff.
Speaker 2: And where are you.
Speaker 9: Going to put that graveyard that nixaw was just lying on the ground.
Speaker 1: There's going to have.
Speaker 9: To be a burial process for these things so they don't have to be put into some sort of massive transport delivered out to the center of Australia or somewhere and have a huge pitch together. Plus, don't forget, we've also known to dispose of the solar panels. Because the solar panels contain toxic waste material. They need to be very deep enough to be safe. The figures I looked at was minimum of say thirty dollars each to get rid of a solar panel, even a small one, and there will be millions of thirty dollars. They were saying, if you don't transport it, they can they can get rid of it for thirty dollars. Mind you, I went to an environmentalist website, so it might have been miss cheap, and.
Speaker 1: We are immediately I am I gift, it's in your blood.
Speaker 9: But the point is there are millions of them, and they're going to have to be buried somewhere where they'll be safe because they become toxic waste material. And you talked about the setup cost. After we've buried them and got rid of at the cost of six hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Each, we then have to spend the money to build them again back out.
Speaker 9: So the construction costs going on now happen every twenty years.
Speaker 3: But I love that we complain, not we I mean, we obviously don't hear, but oh, we could not possibly have nuclear waste anywhere in this country because it's so dangerous, it's awful, it's bad for the environment. Yet in the name of the environment, we put up the wind turbines and the solar panels and whatever that are equally as bad by the time you've decommissioned them, full of heavy metals and all sorts of stuff that buggers up the land. But there's no problem with that. I want to know what the land looks like after they've decommissioned these wind turbines. I mean, if you've said you can have my pad it to put up all these wind turbines, it's going to look like a minefield by the time.
Speaker 4: Well, I imagine that they just rebuild on the same land, because it makes sense. Otherwise, then you'd have to go through the whole process again.
Speaker 8: To build a new wind farm or solar farm.
Speaker 9: I think we should change the language. They're not farms. They produce nothing that we can actually buy in the supermarket.
Speaker 1: They should be called wind factories.
Speaker 9: These are the mills of Satanis, the dark mills.
Speaker 1: They're wind factories.
Speaker 2: They're not farst or bird choppers eyes.
Speaker 1: And they also burst into flames.
Speaker 4: Exactly know, because Labor told us last year, people crunch the numbers. They've got to erect a wind turbine every single day, at least one until twenty thirty in order to reach their goals.
Speaker 6: And as for solar.
Speaker 8: Panels, twenty two thousand a day.
Speaker 4: We need new solar panels in order to reach these twenty thirty goals that everyone has said for very good reason, is entirely impractical. You're never going to get there, and in fact, we very much hope that you don't. To the US now where the Carmala campaign and the Trump campaign are facing off regarding every single little detail, poking holes in each other's even Twitter posts. Now we know that the US has been hit by Hurricane Helene recently. One hundred and twenty people have lost their lives. Countless others are unaccounted for due to the terrible communications. They literally just don't have range on their phone out there at the moment. So the government is getting absolutely whacked for this, and Kamala is doing her best to make sure everyone knows they're at the helm, it's all under control. And to that end, she shared a picture of herself and what appears to be Air Force too. She captioned this saying, our administration will continue to stay in constant contact with state and local officials to ensure community have the support and resources they need. But you'll notice she's got the phone unplugged on the desk while having an ear piece in So Donald J. Trump jumped straight on Twitter and replied with this epithet. He said, another fake and stage photo from someone who has no clue what she is doing.
Speaker 6: You have to plug the cord.
Speaker 5: Into the phone for it to work.
Speaker 4: Biden and Harris abandoned Americans in Afghanistan. They have sacrificed Americans to an open border, and now they have left Americans to drown in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and elsewhere in the South. Under this administration, Americans always come last because we have leaders who have no idea how to lead now. Biden, it bears mentioning was he stayed in Delaware the entire time, and while this hurricane was ravaging the States and copped a lot of heat for it, he did return to Washington to give this press address and again convince convince the country that not on He's still at the Helm and they're taking care of all of this.
Speaker 10: There's mat reports of over one hundred dead and consequence of the storm, and there are reports of up six hundred people on account for because they can't be contacted, God willing, they're alive, but there's no way to contact them again because of the lack of cell phone coverage. I've directed my team to provide every available resource as fast as possible to your communities.
Speaker 4: Every available recess except of course, the communications that people need on the ground to be able to contact each other. He was then asked as he left, why weren't you guys in Washington? Where were you guys while this hurricane was raging, leaving a trail of destructions to retaliate.
Speaker 5: I'm a hurricane is for president.
Speaker 2: Why weren't she and Vice President Harris Sar in Washington commanding this this weekend?
Speaker 10: I was committed, and I was on the phone for at least two hours yesterday and the day before as well.
Speaker 2: I command. It's called a telephone. It's all my security.
Speaker 3: It's a nonmordant populacy.
Speaker 6: I was delegating from Delaware. Why couldn't you.
Speaker 4: Tell us taking care of business from my beach house. Thank goodness, somebody is acting president, even if he isn't yet. Here's Trump on the ground in Georgia doing the actual work of a president in such a trauma state.
Speaker 11: And to the families and loved ones of those who have perished, with mourn alongside of you, and we grieve every single life so tragically lost. I'd like to now ask for a moment of silence and prayer, if you would, for those who have died.
Speaker 4: Thank you, He's showing them up every chance, and with this administration, it's not hard well.
Speaker 3: I mean I was going to say it's unbelievable. It's entirely believable. Joe Biden has just totally checked out at the president. Oh yeah, since it was taken off in the candidacy, was taken off him. So there he is in the middle of a natural disaster at home in Delaware, sitting on.
Speaker 2: The b.
Speaker 9: Following the pattern of working from home in Austrica. But I've got to say, what Biden and Harris have done between them is they make Trump look really presidential. I mean he looked presidential. In behind him was Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham, who comes in on these situation because they have a rescue team and they come in and they help people in need. This was a man doing exactly what presidents do. The only person doing it is the only one looking like a president. Can we go back for a moment to that still of Kamala Harris on the plane. Can you find that that still? Put that up on the screen, because there's something else you need to notice.
Speaker 1: Ye have a look.
Speaker 9: Not only is the phone not connected, it's all blank paper.
Speaker 1: That tells what you need to know.
Speaker 3: Well, I reckon that ear piece is actually plugged in. It's just plugged into the people who are telling her what to say while she's on the phone. She's got her master's in area telling you what to do. Every time something like this happens, and they seem to happen with alarming regularity, whether it be in American politics or Australian politics. Of all the people who are employed particularly, I mean, forget about how many advisors whatever you have in an Australian Prime minister's office. The number of advisors specifically working on media who sit in the President's office and the Vice president's office is enormous. How does no one look at that photo and go, oh, hang on a minute, you've got a problem.
Speaker 1: It looks like tell you why.
Speaker 9: The answer is found in the answer to this question, Gayla, what's the difference between Kamala Harrison artificial intelligence?
Speaker 1: Well, she's only artificial.
Speaker 2: I was going to.
Speaker 3: Say, artificial intelligence actually has some intelligence. I mean, Trump might have had a point the other day when he suggested that she's not entirely all up there when it comes to these sorts of.
Speaker 2: Things that all right, but it's just awful to think. And she has said.
Speaker 3: Camala said, I can't go down to Georgia right now because it would be a distraction and I would get in the way of the work being done on the ground by the emergency. She cares, I seriously, it's not like I was going to say, it's quite comparable. And remember when Scott Morrison was over in Hawaii during bush fires here in this country, going back four odd years ago.
Speaker 2: Now will Joe Biden there?
Speaker 3: He is holidaying in Delaware, back home on the beach, while natural disasters are unravaging and unraveling, and all he can say is, you know what a phone is. I've got the phone that we're going while we're talking about US politics. Of course, tomorrow will be the vice presidential debate between JD.
Speaker 2: Vance and Tim Waltz.
Speaker 3: You can watch it right here on Sky News from eleven am Australian Eastern daylight time. And I think, kel this is going to be a really important debate, more important than the debate between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris, because that just turned out to be a vanity project, basically for Kamala to say, well, here here, I actually am. But you know, Trump is staring down the barrel of being eighty and so there is of course the possibility, much like Biden, that he could carget while he's.
Speaker 2: In office, and in that case JD.
Speaker 3: Vance could potentially be the next president of the United States. And so he has the opportunity tomorrow to say, well, I am the guy not only who's got a hand on Trump's shoulder to keep him in line, if that's what you're worried about, but I am a potential future president. I suspect he will wipe the floor with Tim Watz because he is a great orator and a good debate and he's.
Speaker 1: Been preparing well.
Speaker 9: The way he's been preparing is using something called murder boards.
Speaker 1: Have you heard the expression murder boards?
Speaker 2: I hadn't until today. It sounds a bit concerning.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 9: It's where a panel of people sit up in front of him and ask him the hardest questions they can think of, and really grill him and throw things at him. Murder board is an expression born in the American Army. Goes back to nineteen forty four, and originally a murder board was any promotions board or anything like that. Because the soldiers hated them and they regarded them as Absolutely you've got.
Speaker 2: A promotion because the other boat got popped off.
Speaker 9: But anyway, but it's a lovely expression. We've now learned, know it's the wordsmith in me. We've learned a new expression.
Speaker 1: Murder board. I think it's wonderful.
Speaker 9: But what it means is he's actually working hard at being prepared and doing the really tough stuff.
Speaker 1: He's got a very good mind.
Speaker 9: He needs to convince them that at forty he would be the youngest president of the United States, even younger than John F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy.
Speaker 9: So he needs to persuade them. I've got the smarts to be able to do this.
Speaker 2: What do you expect will see tomorrow, Liz Befo.
Speaker 6: It will be a blood bath.
Speaker 2: It ought to be a bloodbath.
Speaker 3: But Tim Waltz, I mean, you know, we've seen her do that interview with Kamala Harris where he essentially held her hand his stick.
Speaker 2: Seems to be the whole dad thing. You know. I'm just a knock about sort of lad. I don't know that that's going to play well in it.
Speaker 4: No, especially not up against JD. Vance, because like you say, he is a great orator. He's very well spoken and he's no stranger to debates. So this is I genuinely think we'll see JD. Vans eat Tim Waltz alive because Tim Waltz is like this bumbling dad like figure and JD. Vance has been a politician for a long time now and he knows his stuff. And also it's very poor timing for Waltz because most and you won't hear any questions about this tomorrow. I don't believe he's had some concerns raised by an oversight committee regarding his ties to the Chinese Communist Party, so.
Speaker 5: Very bad timing.
Speaker 4: Whistleblower allegations against him have tied him to the CCP, the oversight the House Oversight Committee has subpoened the Department of Homeland Security after an internal employee group chat raised quote serious concerns, So they're digging into that. It's making headlines in the US again. There'll be softball questions tomorrow night at the debate because CBS is moderating it.
Speaker 2: So it's Fox, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I think it's on Fox, so it should actually be half a decent gun.
Speaker 9: It is CBS, and can I say all that stuff about Wolves. It could be a distraction. I think Vance has got to be careful about this.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 9: Wolves has told a whole lot of lies about his military service, but the rank he achieved Williams in combat, a whole lot of things like that, And the temptation would be to go at Walsh and nail him on all these lives. I think Vance has got to be there nailing Harris. She's the presidential candidate. He's got to keep drilling Waltz about how this woman who is clearly incompetent and all she can do is giggle nicely. However, how she could ever be the leader of the free world and the commander in chief.
Speaker 1: That's what he's got to push, the Harris line.
Speaker 2: I think. I'm not sure how I came to think it was on Fox. It must have been wishful thinking.
Speaker 4: The Harris's campaign would never allow sure moderating.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be great to actually see them face They wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Friendly's just so balling their way through the entire thing and causing Americans to your nationwide, no doubt to the UK now where Boris Johnson's new book is set to come out on October ten, so very soon.
Speaker 6: Don't rush to your book shelves.
Speaker 4: There's so many spoilers in the headlines already you barely need to read the book. You've got the best bits already. Surprisingly, he's chosen.
Speaker 8: This book to reveal that he believed the Queen to.
Speaker 4: Have bone cancer before she passed away. Now, of course this has I believe rightly gotten a lot of censure from people because this is something so inappropriate to reveal.
Speaker 5: In your memoirs.
Speaker 4: This is something that, if true, the Palace would have taken great pains to ensure that her personal private health matters were hers alone. And he decides just to drop this on the world at large in a book that's supposed to be about his time in the PM's chair.
Speaker 2: I think it's frankly pathetic.
Speaker 3: I mean, Boris Johnson is going back to his days as a journalist here, right, that's what he was before he was a politician. But when you are a journalist, you know that certain things are off the record. I mean, someone says to you, look, I'm telling you this off the record, So you either don't reveal that information, or there is a way to reveal that information.
Speaker 2: Because they've told it to you.
Speaker 3: Because they want you to reveal it without revealing what the source is. It is well known that when you have discussions with the firm as they call it in the UK, which is the royal family, that is all off the record. Boris Johnson is trying to sell books here by revealing information that he has no right to reveal. And I can't believe that he would think he would get away with it. I mean, if there is anyone in the world beyond the UK that is beloved, it is the Queen.
Speaker 2: Yes. And to reveal.
Speaker 3: Personal, private medical information about the Queen, he says he you for a year before her death that she had bone cancer.
Speaker 2: I think is a low.
Speaker 1: Act and we don't need to know and we don't want.
Speaker 5: To It was none of our business.
Speaker 9: And we say rest in peace, we mean rest in police. But he's other stuff in the book as well. He's got a story in the book that he was recruited by the Palace to talk to Harry to try to persuade Harry not to leave the UK. So he had this manly chat, you know, manu amanu with Harry. But the Palace has now come out and said no, no, we gave him no such commission. No such thing happened. I mean, you did say very quickly in passing. He's trying to sell books, and it's fairly obvious he's trying to sell books. That's what it's all about. He's not being employed as a journalist anywhere. He's lost his political employment, so he needs this to sell well. And he's had a look at Spare and he's thought, I can do as well as that. I can spill that sort of stuff you know, that will sell a million copies. I'll be okay, I'll be able to buy the bigger country house, all that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: But it is the blokenose scruples.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, sorry, I am, and I say this as a journalist former reported myself.
Speaker 2: You know, journalists and.
Speaker 3: Titians probably rank up there with used car sales real estate agents when it comes to public perception.
Speaker 2: But you know, does the blowcoats have no scruples to go?
Speaker 3: Oh look, I should probably leave that bit out of the book about the queen, for heaven's sake.
Speaker 2: I just cannot get over it.
Speaker 3: And he continues in this book he's crapping all over everyone he can possibly find, including his replacement as prime minister, who of course was Rishi Sunak, and he says he was basically assassinated by Rishi Sunak, which you know is a bit of hyperbole.
Speaker 2: But again, he's got to sell books.
Speaker 3: I suppose, he writes in his new memoirle as I read his resignation letter that Sunaki's talking about with its laden phrasers, I murmured, at least internally, the dying words of Julius Caesar kaisu technon, which is Latin for you two child. If Caesar had twenty three stab wounds from his assassins, I ended up with sixty two, in the sense that a grant total of sixty ministers. Sorry, decided to follow Sage and Rishi out the door. That, in the end, was why I had to go. I could still have built a government. I had enough straw to make my bricks. I mean, the bloke can't let go.
Speaker 2: You've got me.
Speaker 3: Were deposed as prime minister, make Shulak ended up replacing you, and here he is trying to rewrite history.
Speaker 2: I could have held on. I could have held on.
Speaker 3: He's even gone so far as to suggest that if he was leading the Tories at the election a few months ago, three months ago, then.
Speaker 2: He would have retained government. I mean, is the bloke properly delusion ego. I have liked Boris Johnson for a long time.
Speaker 4: He is alike and I was I was glad.
Speaker 2: When he became Prime minister.
Speaker 3: But I think, like a lot of conservative leaders, including ones here in our country, he turned out to be a squibby, signed up to every green policy he could find. And now he's trying to tell us, oh no, if they just left me in charge, it all would have been fine given.
Speaker 8: And trying to blame Rishi for this.
Speaker 4: I mean, he literally writes of Rishi's resignation, it was worse than a crime. It was a mistake both for Rishi and for the.
Speaker 5: Party, never mind the country.
Speaker 4: So now it's Rishi's fault that the country has fallen into the Labor Party's hands.
Speaker 6: It's entirely Reshie's fault.
Speaker 4: If he hadn't walked out the door, the others wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Rishi led the.
Speaker 4: Charge according to this grand narrative that he's selling here, and were it.
Speaker 5: Not for him, he could still be Prime minister.
Speaker 9: There's a very simple message that is running through all of this. Boris Johnson is looking at us really seriously with his serious face and saying I am important, I am very important. Take me very seriously, because Boris is very impressed by Boris. If Shakespeare was alive, he would write a play about me.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, genuinely believe that there's probably a line about it in his book. But while Boris Johnson is paying out on Rishi Sunak, the polls in the UK are telling us that people in England very much miss Rishi Sunak. Kirsama has only been PM since July, and yet in three short months his popularity has plummeted. A survey by think tank More in Common shows the Labor government is already less light than the previous Tory one, despite taking power less than three months ago. The poll of two thousand and eighty adults showed that thirty one percent preferred mister Sunak's government, while twenty nine percent preferred.
Speaker 6: The current one. It goes on.
Speaker 4: The Prime Minister's net approval rating with More in Common has now fallen to minus twenty seven percent, down thirty eight points from when.
Speaker 6: Labor took office.
Speaker 4: It is a stark contrast to the reception that Sir Tony Blair received in a similar point for following his.
Speaker 8: Own landslide in nineteen ninety seven, when.
Speaker 4: It was reported his net score was as high as ninety three percent.
Speaker 5: Wow, how popular can you get?
Speaker 6: But this has got to.
Speaker 4: Set a record for pummeting popularity within your first three months.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: This is an embodiment of up like a up, like a fire, working down like a stick in a minute. It has it is an embodyment. But I think there's a real reason for this, and it's because he sold himself. Keir Starmer sold himself really heavily as a centrist, just a bit left of center and not a lot of policies and safe hands.
Speaker 1: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 9: I mean, I have to say our own Prime Minister, Anthony Albertiez, he did the same thing. I'm just a bit left of center. I know I belonged to the socialist left for many years, but now I'm just a bit left of center and Albi and I can remember Kevin Rudd. I'm just going to be a younger better John Howard. Safe pair of hands, that's what they do. And he did the same thing. He's in office. He's now taken them to the hard left with a whole lot of looney, hard left policies. That's not what they voted for. That's why these sorts of numbers turn up. That is the game the left of politics now plays is we know no one loves the left of politics except all the university students.
Speaker 1: No one else does.
Speaker 9: Consequently, we've got to pretend to be something else and then govern the Wobie Water government.
Speaker 1: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: It's possibly the greatest case of buyer's remorse I've ever seen in entire life. You know, they say that the people never get never get it wrong when it comes.
Speaker 2: To elections, but I think they've got it.
Speaker 3: Pretty bloody wrong here by their own acknowledgment. And of course Sir Kirs Starmer has not had an easy start to his prime ministership, which is mostly of his own making, and he lost a labor m P went to the cross bench on the weekend after all these allegations they're not allegations. All this free stuff that he was taking as Prime minister while preaching about how you know, we're going to be an egalitarian government and we're standing up for the working man, etc.
Speaker 2: He's taking donations of you know, free trips to the.
Speaker 3: All clothing, all sorts of stuff, thousands and thousands of pounds that have come to light, and he's not taken that very well.
Speaker 2: They're now calling him free gear Kia in the UK, and.
Speaker 3: Then before that, of course, they were calling him two tier Kia because shortly after the Prime Minister, you had riots across the country after the killing of a number of children, which was initially reported online as to have been committed by a young refugee. He didn't turn out to be refugees parents were migrants originally, but that caused all of these riots across the UK, and you saw the police cracking down on people who were essentially trying to defend their country, saying, look, we've got a problem with migration here that's been ignored for years and years and years. The police cracked down on them. But meanwhile the counter protests, which were just as numerous as the others from Muslims getting around in the UK fighting back against it, well they were just allowed.
Speaker 2: To let go. Essentially, it was the two tierke policing system. He's had a terrible run of it.
Speaker 6: So far, he really has.
Speaker 4: And now his government has come up with this operation to empty prisons of actual criminals in there doing time in order to free up prison space because they're completely full in the UK, so that they can put some of these rioters in there.
Speaker 6: Because he was.
Speaker 4: Gracing the headlines every day saying we will crack down on these protesters with the full force of the law, he meant business. The courts were then working over time trying to process hundreds of protesters who had been arrested. There was nowhere to put them in the meantime, and they are genuinely now releasing criminals before their time is done in order to cram these protesters into the prisons. It's been an absolute shoust muzzle and I think you're quite right Kelln saying he sold himself as one thing and very quickly became another, because I still remember his inaugural speech as Prime Minister, and he genuinely said he spoke of small government. He said I want to be out of your lives as much as possible. And then if you were watching last week, he stood up at the first Labor conference as Prime Minister and said the exact opposite. He was talking about big government.
Speaker 8: He was saying, we want to.
Speaker 5: Be more in control of your lives.
Speaker 4: He used the word controlled and uncontrolled fifteen times in a rather short speech, and it gave off a completely completely different idea of the government. That the UK had been sold and went to the polls believing what they were going to get.
Speaker 9: What it makes there's a very interesting figure. There's another figure we haven't quoted yet from the survey. Remember he won in our landslide, massive landslipe FO one hundred and eleven I think out of the six hundred and thirty six huge landslide, big win and that was really only months ago. Effectively, this survey says now twenty one percent of the people surveyed think he'll win the next election.
Speaker 1: One in five. Now that's a crash from a landslide.
Speaker 9: And it tells me that who the Conservatives settle on as their leader is now vitally important. It's got to be someone good, it's got to becoming Badanock or someone who was really conservative and really intelligent, really courageous and really articulate.
Speaker 1: And because there's a.
Speaker 9: Good chance this, like the Albaneze government, may turn out to be a one term government.
Speaker 1: Not impossible.
Speaker 3: Something tells me, Liz that the British people might actually prefer a sausage to be running the UK right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if not everyone will get that reference. When Kirs Starmer was at the Labor Conference last week, he famously said in his spit speech that the UK called upon the Power that be for a cease firing Gaza and to bring the sausages home, a line that will no doubt haunt him for the rest of his life, and he was duly roasted online, as he should be, for such a terrible slip up to the UN Assembly now where a week ago they passed their new Pack for the Future, which is basically a New World Order by another name. You would have heard of Agenda twenty thirty. Many Western countries are implementing it right under our noses. And I bet you didn't know that. The UN just went right ahead at their General Assembly and pasted it without your knowledge. We don't get a say in these things, but then of course.
Speaker 5: You hear about them for years on end.
Speaker 4: The Paris Accords, this treaty, this thing that you agreed to at the UN, and they bashes with.
Speaker 5: It for years on end. This is going to be no different.
Speaker 4: And this one is one of those multifaceted type packs that will literally impact every area of anybody's life, especially in the Western world, because where the ones that seem to take these packs so seriously. And again, nobody got a vote, nobody would even be aware that they've done this, but they've just gone right ahead and implemented it.
Speaker 8: This forty two page patch.
Speaker 5: You can read it.
Speaker 4: I really encourage you to do so. It's just frightening how these guys operate. Nobody elected them, They just get together. They make decisions on behalf of all of us. And here you have not only more green policies, but what is literally ushering in I believe to be a new world order.
Speaker 3: Well, they're essentially saying we've got to go faster towards the Paris Accords. They're coming up with rules now that allow governments to share information with each other about what they deem to be, you know, major crimes. Now the government themselves gets to deem what is a major crime, and this gives them access to information that is held in governments that would otherwise be secret or private. Journalists across the world, including the US, have said, hang on a minute, this is a threat to free speech. It is a threat to the free press, and Antonio Guterres, the General Secretary of the UN, said that this packed kell was because the whole point of the UN was in a dire straight like the UN was basically losing its metal because as we know, it's failed in the one job that was set up to do, which was to stop global conflict. Well, there's plenty of global conflict going on right now. People were saying, hang on a minute, that the UN's in a bit of trouble here. So they come up with a pack to say, hang on to revive the UN, we actually need more power.
Speaker 9: They are not doing what they were set up to do. Australia's Clive Effort was involved in setting up the United Nations. It was just after the Second World War, late nineteen forties, and the purpose was exactly what you said, to stop that kind of global conflict, to stop warsters. And in a lot of ways they've done well. They've sent in peacekeeping forces, the famous Blue Berets. And what's happening in southern Leblon now is a United Nations failure because there was a United Nations resolution saying Hesbela was to stay north of the Latani River. That's a resolution of this organization.
Speaker 1: The UN.
Speaker 9: And then they set in a United Nations peacekeeping force of Blue Berets to patrol that area on the Israeli border, on the Lebanese side, to make sure it happened. The Hezbollah came back again and they just as they infiltrated back again and filled that area and brought their arms back in. What did the UN peacekeepers do the people in the Blue berets Nothing, well, nothing at all. That is a UN failure. This is a pointless US activity.
Speaker 3: And as we warned you right throughout COVID, once they get a taste of the power that COVID gave them, they will do absolutely everything they can to hang on to it. And that is exactly what they're doing now. After the break, we'll get into the papers. Would you buy power from Stephen Miles if he knocked at your door?
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what it wants you to do.
Speaker 3: If he wins government again, unlikely, but he's going to give it a shot.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that more. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the papers, starting with the Mercury tomorrow where it says tas own way on vape law new vaping laws across most states and territories came into effect yesterday, that is today, because of course it's tomorrow's paper. But those rules will not apply in Tasmania and Western Australia from October one. Certain e cigarette products can be brought over the counter at pharmacies in other parts of Australia without a prescription. But it goes on to say that the Public Health Director in Tasmania is quoted saying, despite changes elsewhere, Tasmania is retaining the current requirements for the buying and selling of e cigarette products.
Speaker 2: Now, these rules were just.
Speaker 3: Sort of nonsense to begin with, because of the federal government thought it would be a smart idea to ban the sale of vapes altogether, which is allowed an legal market to go bunter, and of course all of that money ends up in the hands of organized crime games that they then use to murder and rape and traffic and all this sort of stuff that they do. But you've got a federal law, okay. Now, surely, however bad the federal law might be, it ought to be respected by the states because at the very least they've said, okay, you can now go into a pharmacy and I know the pharmacies don't want it, but you can go into a pharmacy and get a vape without a prescription, which means that if you are a vapor you don't have to go to a dodgy tobacconist and buy an illegal vape that's come from China. That leads to money going to organized crime. So these states Tasmania and Western Australia, in their infinite wisdom Liz, have said, no, let's make sure more money remains in the hands of organized crime games because the only place you'll still be able to buy a vape is in an illegal shop.
Speaker 2: Make it make sense?
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't make sense of any of this.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know why they're bothering to do this at all. I harghly suspect it's because they haven't been able to figure out how to make as much money off fates as they have off the tobacco in thestree because that's still not banned, is it No, because then the government would be out of pocket to the tune of billions of dollars every single year. So they rather like that industry, even though they own that it is very detrimental to many people's health and puts a massive weight on our health system.
Speaker 8: But here we have a product that they still can't tell.
Speaker 4: Us why it is bad, and I, for the life of me, still don't understand the lack of research about this, because all they're trying to do now is tell predominantly young people vatees are bad.
Speaker 8: But there's nothing to back that up.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a cocktail of chemicals. Okay, what are the stats, Show me a pie chart, show me anything. And yet they've not been able to produce that, and they're churning out legislation.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, There is a reason, and the reason is it contains nicotine. Nicotine has two properties. One is it's highly addictive. It hits the same parts of the brain that erin hits. The other is nicotine actually attacks the internal walls of the arteries. So the reason why smokers often lose limbs and things like that, because they have lots of blood clots, is because that's what nicotine does. So they put flavorings in and various other things in. But they're putting nicotine in a because it gets the users halked. They want them to come back and back and back and b they don't care about what happens to their bodies in the meantime. So there is a reason. I don't think anyone's explained it, Liz, but there is a reason behind this.
Speaker 3: But in the UK they actually the NHS gives them out for free to people. They did it off get off the cigarettes right because.
Speaker 2: They acknowledge that it's less bad cigarets.
Speaker 3: But the reality is people are going to vape just like people are going to smoke. But you can walk into the supermarket and buy a packet of daries, no problems.
Speaker 2: And if you want to go and get a.
Speaker 3: Vape which is on all the available evidence less damaging to your health, they got to go and buy it from a bikey or a pharmacy.
Speaker 9: Can I just say that is the most attention given to the Hobart Mercury for all long.
Speaker 1: We do. We do, and it's a lovely place, I've got to tell you.
Speaker 9: But on the front page of the Herald Sun tomorrow in Melbourne is the story which will be on the front page of a lot of newspapers today about racism systemic at the ABC. The story by our own Sophie Olsworth says ABC staff have been subjected to systemic racism, including racial slurs, derogatory and offensive comments about their appearance, stereotyping and being mistaken for someone else because of their racial appearance, and explosive new reporters found, prompting an apology to staff by managing director David Anderson. I spent can I admit this because I'm in this company.
Speaker 1: It may be really bad.
Speaker 2: This is a safe space.
Speaker 9: I actually worked for the ABC for twenty five years. It was a younger KEL and it was a long time ago, was quite a different ABC, and we worked with people from all racists and everyone were just mate. I think the reason they've got this report is they went to a racist organization and said find racism, and blow and behold they found racism.
Speaker 1: That's their job when they do the server.
Speaker 2: Why would the abacy want to find it?
Speaker 1: Because stupid? They're stupid on you know.
Speaker 2: They say, don't ask a question unless you.
Speaker 9: Know they've decided how far can we go down stupid street?
Speaker 2: Well haven't got far enough.
Speaker 3: But doesn't it prove once again that the great virtuous ABC is not as virtuous as we all think that is. I mean, I've made this argument for so long, and they did a survey as well on sexism and misogyny in whatever it is back in July and came back and found that people were being sexually harassed all over the shop. Moreever, I've made this argument before about quote unquote male feminists that men who say they are feminists usually turn out to be the most misogynistic of all because they have this sort of patronizing view about women, and they get really upset when women don't ignore that.
Speaker 2: They say that they're famous, and it's exactly the same here.
Speaker 3: They're like, we're the most white people in the world. We think everyone of every race is great. In fact, we want to put you up on a pedestal. And then when a black person walks into the newsroom and says, hang on a minute, you've just.
Speaker 2: Got that story entirely wrong.
Speaker 3: While you're a this, you're that what they don't like being talked down to.
Speaker 4: You would have thought by now after the previous survey that you referred to, which found a quarter of the employees at the National Broadcaster said that they'd experienced bullying at work. Thirteen percent of them said they'd been sexually harassed over the last two years. See can you shall find ABC. If you keep doing these internal surveys, especially amongst the type of people that they.
Speaker 5: Would be employing, you're.
Speaker 4: Going to find a heck of a lot of what you're looking for. To the front page of the Courier, Mail Now Exclusive Premiere promises you publicly owned energy retailers People's Power. The splash reads state would compete against itself. A re elected labor government would set up a state owned electricity retailer to effectively compete against itself in a bid to make power bills cheaper. Premier Stephen Miles will use the second full day of the election campaign to unveil plans for the new statewide retailer tasks with taking on publicly owned Ergon in the regions. It's simple people before profits, mister Miles said, that's my guarantee to Queenslanders. The guy talks as if you're not responsible for the extortionate power prices in Queensland.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm gonna fix it. You created it.
Speaker 4: This is the state that's got the worst power prices in the country.
Speaker 9: And also it's the state that owns ERGON. I know, why doesn't he just call up the forward of Ergon say we own you, we are the boss.
Speaker 1: You reduce the prices.
Speaker 9: Why is he setting up another organization? It makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 2: It's an answer in search of a problem, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Of course the problem is Stephen Miles, and we won't have time to get to it. But he is saying on the front of the Olds tomorrow, but if he ends up in minority.
Speaker 2: He do a deal with the Greens.
Speaker 3: He's about the only labor leader who's ever said it. And well, let's see how that goes for him.
Speaker 2: After the break.
Speaker 3: Paris Fashion Week is currently on and you know me, I like my fashion, as do we all hear on the late debate.
Speaker 2: Well, this isn't quite to that taste. We'll show you that after this.
Speaker 3: Now, of course, you can catch me at every fashion show in town. It is exactly the place you would expect to find me. And I was thinking about going to Paris this year for fashion week, because why the hell not? Kel I thought you were going to join me, but you pulled out at the last minute because you saw what was going to be on show.
Speaker 1: I've got a reason.
Speaker 9: My wife has got a really good taste and dresses exceptionally well and I showed her some of thee have a look at this. This is what's happening at the Paris Fashion Show this year, and you won't see it on the course o at. Mainly, it'd be really nice if you'd come back with a clever comment. But all you could do when you see that is laugh. You've got to say to yourself, are these people who are half witch? Or are they unhinged? Or possibly are they both? This is not clothing.
Speaker 4: Anyone in the audience keep a straight face, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is Paris Fashion Week.
Speaker 4: Everyone travels from around the world to witness the esteemed heights of fashion and that's what they're met with. But before we leave you tonight, quickly to Melbourne where a gender reveal given a very very let's say unique version.
Speaker 6: A dad decided to take.
Speaker 4: It into his own hands to let everyone know what he was having and climb behind the wheel and get.
Speaker 5: A massive burnout. Check this out.
Speaker 4: If you live in carm Down's in Melbourne, you're probably familiar with those roadmarks now. But who was reported to the police who have now charged him for this?
Speaker 2: Oh MEI on the road. What do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 3: You go and do big burnouts with big blue smoke, So no one's going to take any notice of that. Ay, and it's filmed and ends up online as if he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't going to end up in front of the coppers. But I got to say he got what he deserved. That is karma coming for that blow.
Speaker 3: Because as far as I'm concerned, Kell, these gender reveals are so crings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should be left in the bin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I come from a generation that never did that sort of thing. I mean, it was meant to be a surprise for all the friends and relatives. Gender reveals are nonsense, And this is going to be a boy. He'll grow up to be that sort of driver.
Speaker 2: And that's not good luck to him when he goes to get e license. That's it from us tonight. App Nix's the riad of handing joke with that