Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. We're lifting the lid on the billion dollar Somali welfare scam that's led Trump to ban Third World migrants. John Heindereker joins me from Minnesota to explain. Also tonight, Democrats go all in on insurrection. Look who's disregarding federal law enforcement now and celebrity hypocrisy. You wouldn't read about it, but you'll hear about it. Guess who's moving back to the US after storming off to Britain to protest Trump. But first, can we have a quick word about the incredible selective outrage over Defense Secretary Pete Haiksath and claims that he ordered some sort of illegal double tap strike on a boatload of alleged Venezuelan drug runners that somehow turned into the World War crime since Melie, you know the claim that he ordered the military to go back and finish off survivors of a hit on a smuggler's boat who had survived an initial missile strike by the Pentagon as part of the Trump administration's effort to disrupt drug cartels. Well, let me tell you the selective anger that has outraged out of all of this. Well, it's not surprising because it is obviously just part of feeding this week's outrage of the week. You know, last week they thought the Epstein files dropped was going to torpedo the Trump presidency. This week they're hoping drug boats strikes sink at least the defense career of Pete Hegseth, whom Democrats have detested from the moment his name was first floated for the position. And as far as this sudden retiscence about Americans in combat or when targeting enemies, Reeler imagined, where was the outrage which Obama was the drone striker in chief, ordering more than five hundred drone attacks during his presidency, including strikes that killed American citizens without trial, But hey, you know that was the war on terror in all that, or where was the outrage from the left to time Joe Biden blew up ten Afghan civilians because his botched withdrawal from Afghanistan was going so poorly. I think at that point Democrats were still claiming even that Joe Biden had full control of his faculties and that's before we get into other incidents, say the infamous Highway of Death during the First Gulf War. Now you get my point here. War is hell, and so too is trying to maintain a narrative if your goal isn't so much to advance peace or maintain adherence to the rules of war and civilization as your goal is to play politics with national security. Now, what I have found so interesting about this story and the outrage about Pete heik Seth allegedly ordering this double tap strike is that even media outlets that normally would run this story absolutely into the ground and have us all wondering if beating a dead horse was a violation of the Geneva Conventions, even some of them have started to have second thoughts. Now, I don't know, could it be the Trump's ponchamp for suing the pants off media outlets that play fast and loose with the truth has started to pay dividends after the Washington Post story claimed that Pete heg Seth was going to what has given kill orders in the situation room like some sort of overcaffeinated twelve year old playing call of duty. Well, guess what The New York Times, Yes, I know. The New York Times came out with this little not so fast been reporting. They found that no, hag Seth did not order that second strike that has been the subject of so much controversy, rather than telling the military to hit him again. The Times writes, quote, the officials clarified the sequence of events amid the political and legal upward that has followed a report in The Washington Post last week. It said that Admiral Bradley ordered the second strike to fulfill a directive by mister Hegseath to kill everyone unquote. And then there was this. The two officials also said mister Hegthath made no oral directive at the meeting that went beyond the written order. The Post article did not provide context on when mister Hegsath gave what its sources described as a spoken order to kill everyone. Quite amazing there to see one of these papers calling out the other by name. Meanwhile, academics are now shredding the idea that heg Seth ordered some sort of war crime, with one Cornell professor calling the legal analysis behind the claim dangerous. And then there was this, the Kudi grad of this so called scandal. ABC News, Yes, the American ABC sank the story like it was well a Venezuelan speedboat full of uncut cocaine.
Speaker 3: Tonight new information. According to a source familiar with the incident, the two survivors climbed back onto the boat after the initial strike. They were believed to be potentially in communication with others and salvaging some of the drugs. Because of that, it was determined they were still in the fight and valid targets, and JAG officer was also giving legal advice.
Speaker 2: Oh so, I guess that's the heg Seth outrage done for? Or is it? You?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 2: Heg Seth is right now enemy number one of the deep state left that is trying to take down the Trump administration. Now, if you were watching last week, you remember a video I showed you with Democrat politicians and former intelligence officers telling the military, the US military to refuse illegal orders like this.
Speaker 4: Our laws are clear, you can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 5: You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 6: You must refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, that video was as we've discussed, rather shall we say sedition adjacent, and the bold fellow in that video was none other than Mark Kelly, a sitting US senator and former Navy officer whom Pete Hegseth has threatened to court martial for encouraging soldiers to break the chain of command. Now you see what the fight is about. This is why they see Hegseth as needing to be stopped, and Kelly is leading the charge to undermine Hegseth and get him replaced, to get himself out of trouble. Here's Kelly earlier.
Speaker 4: He runs around on a stage talking about lethality and warrior ethos and killing people. We have the most competent, capable military this planet has ever seen by far. That's not the message that needs to come from the Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry what lethality is not a good thing for a secretary of war. And that's right they renamed the department to talk about I'm sorry. This is the Pentagon he's running, not the NYU School of Social Work. The more you look at this, though, it becomes more and more clear that the problem isn't that haig Seth has been doing his job poorly, but in fact, that he is doing it too well. Pete hagg Seth has become a lightning rod, not because he's blown up drug votes but because he is threatening to blow up the slow motion campaign to undermine the Trump administration that now sees the president's enemies who claim to be the great defenders of the Constitution, urging soldiers to disobey orders to undermine the commander in chief. To borrow an old saying from the Vietnam War, they're trying to destroy democracy in order to save it. Well, as far as I'm concerned, if it's between a guy who wants to kill the enemy and a guy who wants to give them hugs, I know who I want as my Secretary of War. Save the outrage for something that matters.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is for White House Chief of Staff and senior adviser of Bondai Partners. You know him well, Mick Mulvaaney, Mick, thanks so much for joining me on the program tonight here, great to have you with us. Want to start off by talking about this ongoing controversy that's been generating around Secretary of Defense Pete Hagsith. Now, I've been really fascinated by the way the media started out trying to take him down. But now we're seeing a bit of blue on blue violence here with the New York Times correcting the Washington Post reporting on this supposed double tap strike that Pete hegsas supposedly ordered against this Venezuelan drug boat.
Speaker 6: James, it's great to see him. First, Let's start by what a great looking new set. That looks fantastic. So yeah, look back here in the States right now. How often have you and I talked about this? It's so hard to know what to believe. So much of the press is so committed to just saying bad things about Donald Trump. You sort of have to wait three or four days to see what other stories come out. And when the New York Times and the Washington Post are fighting, then goodness gracious, who knows what's going on? So look, there was an important hearing on the Hill today. In fact, I think it may be going on while you and I are speaking, where one of the generals involved was going to testify to the Senate Forimulations Committee. So maybe we actually will find the facts, but I don't think you're going to find them much in the New York Times, the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: And Nick tell me this too. How much of this has to do with the fact that Pete Teksath has been making such a big deal about Mark Kelly, Senator Mark Kelly, the former Navy officer, and his joining the call for people in the military to disregard orders that they consider illegal, essentially breaking the civilian chain of command. He's threatened to prosecute Mark Kelly. How much of this is basically a push pull between these two sort of sides of politics here using this issue of the Venezuelan drug boat as a pretext.
Speaker 6: James, if you're asking me if there might be a little spite aimed at Pete Hesith by the liberal press, I mean, we all know the answer to that question. And it really is sad because, as you and I both know, we want to know what happened. We want to know what happened on these drug but we want to know what happened all the time. We want this transparency in government. But you're not going to get it when you just listen to the New York Times and or the Washington Post.
Speaker 1: The Post has been a little bit better recently, but not much so. Yeah, there's a good deal of Trump arrangement syndrome here.
Speaker 6: I'm as concerned about the following international law when it comes to the drug boats as anybody else, and I want to know exactly what happened, and if something went wrong, I'd be willing to talk about that.
Speaker 1: But right now, like so many people, I throw my hands up.
Speaker 6: And say, the bias is just so heavy it's hard to know who to believe.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, Nick, this is the thing that I think a lot of my viewers here in Australia are wondering, why is Venezuela suddenly cropping up so heavily on the President's agenda here? I mean he was speaking about starting land strikes against Venezuela. Have listened to this.
Speaker 7: The drugs coming in through the sea are down ninety one percent. I'm surprised as nine percent. Who's doing the nine percent? But it's down ninety one and we're going to start very soon on land. And I'm sure you're thrilled to hear that now.
Speaker 2: I mean Venezuela, Yes, it's an annoyance. Maduro the dictator is a bad guy and anti American, But why hash Isuela taken his fancy? I feel like there's something more than just drugs going on here.
Speaker 6: James, It's an excellent question, and that the short answer is I don't know, because here's what I do know. I was in the White House in twenty nineteen when John Bolton was, you know, practically begging Donald Trump to invade Venezuela on a daily basis, and Trump said no, no, no, no, no, because it's just not what he does. But here we are today now threatening you know, attacks on the Venezuelan homeland. And Maduro was there in twenty nineteen. The drugs were there in twenty nineteen. So if your question is what's changed, I guess Bolton is out, but Marco Rubio is in.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's one explanation.
Speaker 6: I guess if you want to take a little bit more academic approach to it, it would be well, maybe the Trump administration has decided to go back to the original Monroe doctrine of sort of taking being a lot more close attention to the Western hemisphere, of a not allowing communist nations in the Western hemisphere.
Speaker 1: I think it's a fascinating conversation.
Speaker 6: But Mark Mark Rubio is probably part of the part of the equation here that, as you can imagine, and rightly so, Cuban Americans have a particular problem, even more so than most folks with communism.
Speaker 1: Given their history, and I understand that.
Speaker 6: But again, everything with the drugs is the same, everything with the government of Venezuela is the same. So the only has changed as John Bolton is out and Marco Rubio's in and now we're threatening military action.
Speaker 2: It is interesting because I know that an awful lot of people who supported Donald Trump, you know, did so on the basis of no new sort of military interventions and regime changes, and yet this fight seems to be going on. And you know, I mentioned Senator Mark Warner before. Here's a little bit of what he had to say about Donald Trump's efforts in Venezuela and how locals should fight back.
Speaker 5: And I think in many ways the uniform military mate helped save us from this president and his lame people like Hagsap because I think their commitment is to the Constitution and obviously not the Trump and I expect Bradley to adhere to that.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, again, we've got this whole sort of question here about people undermining the constitution here and this sort of constitutional chain of command.
Speaker 1: Again, everybody knows.
Speaker 6: Everybody knows that you don't follow illegal orders in the military. I do a lot of work with West point cadets. They beat that into these kids at a young age. There's no reason for the senators to go on TV and talk about this. They're they're not making they're not educating anybody, and when pressed, not a single one of them have been able yet to point to a single illegal order. So you do wonder why this conversation is going on. I'm not really sure you know what Warner says when you know, when he's essentially implying that the military is going to protect the country against Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Now, look, donald Trump starts.
Speaker 6: Giving illegal orders, then I think this is a fair case to say, a fair discussion to have. But no one, not a single person has come up and say, oh, and by the way, this was an illegal order. They're doing the investigation now on the drug boats, but there's no evidence yet these were legal orders. And now this is very harmful language I expected from Senator Warner, and I hope we can get back to supporting that the president as the commander in chief.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just unbelievable to be I mean, the way that they're basically talking about undermining the Constitution in order to save it. But hey, Mick, let's shift gears a bit here because there's a lot of other stuff going on I want to talk about now. I know, special elections or by elections as we call them in Australia. You can tell some things about them, but it's a little bit tricky. However, there was a really interesting special election in Tennessee just a year out from the midterms. This week. Republican Matt Van Epps defeated Democrat aft In Bane by about nine points in a Nashville, Tennessee suburban seat that the Republicans had previously won by a margin of twenty two. Now it was a bit of a mixed bag of a result. Some people thought the GOP was going to get rinsed much harder than they did. Here. There's always a swing against the incumbent already, it's the same thing here. Do we take anything out of this heading into the midterms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 6: You've got districts that if they flip, it's a red flag for one party or the other.
Speaker 1: They got them in the UK, we've got them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: This one didn't flip. I get that. The guy won by nine points. Donald Trump won by twenty two. So again, the first thing you do in a campaign is try to win, and that's exactly what the Republicans did. But as they try to sort of dig into the data, there's a lot a lot to be concerned about here for the Republicans. Keep in mind, James, this was a horrible Democrat candidate. Not only was she very very far left wing progressive in a fairly conservative state, but she was on record as saying she hated the city that she sought to represent in Congress, specifically Nashville, Tennessee. In fact, during the primary, she talked about how much she hated Nashville. So, you know, I've talked to some folks who were really worried that if the Democrats had put up the ideal candidate, they might have won this seat. There's all sorts of information here that should be worrying to Republican Here's my fear, James, is that everybody's afraid to tell the president, and the only thing the President is hearing is, oh, this is great.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a win. A win is a win.
Speaker 6: It's a special election. You don't have to worry about this. If you ignore, if Republicans ignore what happened in this election, that could bode very, very poorly for the midterms a year from now, because it was a win, but it was an ugly win.
Speaker 2: An ugly win. Yeah, fair enough. Hey, listen, before I let you go, I also want to get your thoughts on some of this reporting that's come out about the FBI director, Cash Pattel in his deputy Dan Dan Bongino from Randon Devine in The New York Post, who has reported a lot of people saying that they are quote more concerned with building personal resumes than they are about leading the FBI, and that Patel is in over his head. Now, the White House has denied that the President was about to fire Patel, but it does seem like there are some concerns, and you could say this is around the Epstein files and a number of other issues that people are concerned about. Cash Pattel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's had some very high profile you know, things he shouldn't said, things that came out wrong, et cetera. Look, he's learning on the job, and that's always difficult to do. Keep in mind, the New York Post is a right of center outlet. They're no tremendous lovers of Trump. They've been critical of him from time to time, but they also support him as well, So it's a fairly objective approach. The Post is printing that that means they've got some information that would suggest it's true. Keep in mind, both of them are just one really good result away from having this go away. In fact, then Bongino, I think the FBI just announced here in the last few hours that they've arrested a suspect in the January sixth pipe bombing attacks or attempted attacks going all the way back to January sixth of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: That's a very high profile.
Speaker 6: Success if it turns out to go to trial and so forth and result in convictions. So yeah, look, they need to have some wins, James, don't we all life, you'd like to have more than uses, And I think a few good wins for the Department of Justice, a few good wins for the FBI would probably help put some of this conversation to bed.
Speaker 2: And Micky, we'll be fascinating to follow up on that January sixth pipe bomb attempt arrest, and we'll probably talk about that next week. Mickmulvaney, thanks as always for joining me.
Speaker 1: Thanks Yans.
Speaker 2: Now let's turn our attention to the great state of Minnesota, which has made headlines around America and around the world after revelations of a billion dollar welfare fraud scheme said to have been perpetrated by that state's massive Somali migrant community, which prompted these contentious remarks from President Trump.
Speaker 7: But when they come from hell and they complain and do nothing, but bitch, we don't.
Speaker 4: Want them in our country. Let them go back to where they came from and fix it.
Speaker 2: Tough words from President Trump about that state's migrant community, but it's also a tough problem with this welfare schanedule. Here to break it down for us is president of the Center for the American Experiment and proud Minnesotan John Hendereker. John, thanks so much for coming on the program. I have been wanting to talk to you about this issue ever since the story started to break. Here explained for our viewers, John, just what is alleged to have happened here among the Somali refugee community and many members who were alleged to have been involved with a massive welfare scheme.
Speaker 8: Well, there's been a series of scandals involving frauds committed in connection with various Minnesota government programs. The most famous one is called Feeding Our Future, and that was a program that supposedly was feeding poor children during the COVID epidemic. And it turns out that something like five hundred million dollars in fraud were committed and overwhelmingly by SAMA, and they would purport to have fed thousands of children here in Minnesota, and they would use random name generators to come up with names of children, and they would fake invoices for many thousands of dollars worth of food that they claim to have bought, and they would send these invoices to Minnesota's Department of Education and they would just pay them without ever checking to make sure that these these many, many thousands of children were actually being fed. And so this story broke almost four years ago. My organization, American Experiment has been writing about it following it closely since January of twenty twenty two. So this is old news here in Minnesota. The US Attorney's Office is the one the federal government has prosecuted these cases, not the state government, and they have indicted I think seventy eight people so far. There have been two extensive criminal trials. More than fifty defendants have pled guilty and so this is all kind of old old news here in Minnesota that's feeding our future. So in addition to that, there are four or five other scandals where money is being stolen from government programs in our state. And the assistant US Attorney who has been prosecuting all of these cases estimates that billions of dollars have been stolen from the taxpayers.
Speaker 2: That's just unbelievable. And of course this has now also created a big fight between your Congressman Ilhan Omar and Donald Trump, and ilan Omar is now trying to essentially make excuses for some of the fraud that's occurred. Have listened to what she had say to Jake Tapper on CNN.
Speaker 6: Can you shed any light on why the fraud got so out of control in Minnesota?
Speaker 9: I think what happened is that, you know, when you have these kind of new programs that are designed to help people, your oftentimes lying on third parties to be able to facilitate. And I just think that a lot of the COVID programs that were set up, they would set up so quickly that a lot of the guard rails did not get created.
Speaker 2: So let me get this straight here, John, It's not the fault of the people who committed the alleged fraud or have been convicted of the fraud, but it's apparently the state for not creating enough guardrails.
Speaker 8: Well, that explanation doesn't work, James. There were childcare frauds, for example, years before the COVID epidemic, which again were centered in the Somali community. People who had set up childcare centers and then bill a state for caring for nonexistent shouldered. A number of Somalis went to prison ten years ago for doing that, and other frauds are post COVID. For example, there's a medicaid program that for some reason, Medicaid is supposed to be healthcare, but for some reason, this program consisted of giving people advice on how they could find housing. And the program spent about one hundred million dollars and it turns out that not a single dollar was legitimate. Every single dollar in that program was a fraud, and that was all post COVID. So you'll had Omar's attempt to explain the problem a way really doesn't work well.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, I'm always fascinated by how the broader media covers these stories, and you know, of course, we you know, make clear that it's not every Somali who's involved in this, but there is a big contingent of people in this community who are have been accused of being involved in this. And I was fascinated because there's also been accusations that programs, disability programs saying that you know, kids have autism and things of that nature are also rife with that sort of behavior. And I have found articles going back to two thousand and nine in the New York Times, which with later ones in twenty eleven and twenty thirteen saying, huh, there just seems to be this weird statistical thing where huge numbers of Somali migrant children in Minnesota, just Minnesota, have been diagnosed with autism. It's kind of funny that nobody stopped to think that there could have been something beyond just some medical statistical flute going on.
Speaker 8: Well, James, you're absolutely right. One of the five or six scandals that we've seen, again centered in the Somali community has to do with autism centers that would emerge just recently. But these autism centers apparently were purporting to be caring for large numbers of kids who didn't exist or were not in fact autistic. And the thing you have to keep in mind, James, is that the numbers of children in the United States being diagnosed with autism have exploded in recent years. Why is that, Well, there may be that there are more kids who are autistic, but what we know for sure is that there are more kids being diagnosed as autistic. And part of what is going on there is that money follows the diagnosis. If you can had a diagnosis that you're autistic, or at least on the spectrum of being autistic, money will flow. And so I think that is part of the story here. And we have seen frauds associated specifically with these autism centers in the Somali community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and look that's a problem that's university. We have a very similar issue in Australia. But John, I want to ask you too about Governor Tim Waltz. Now, I mean, the more we learn about Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz and everything else, we realize what a big bullet the country dodged last November. But where was Tim Waltz in all of this? And what is he saying the governor, the Democrat governor, about this scandal that seems to have unfolded under his watch, with billions of dollars of taxpayer money going out the door.
Speaker 1: Tim Walls was nowhere.
Speaker 8: His agency heads were the ones that are proving these expenditures of billions of dollars, Tim Walls. When the crackdown finally came, it was the FBI that solved the case, was the FBI that investigated, It was the FBI that executed search warrants. It was the US Attorney's Office that has brought all these criminal cases. Tim Walls has had nothing to do with it. He went on the I want to meet the press last Sunday and he was asked, well, do you take responsibility for all these frauds on your watch? And he says, well, I take responsibility for sending people to jail, And of course everybody here in Minnesota laughed at that, because the truth is Tim Walls and his Attorney General, Keith Ellison, they haven't sent anyone to jail, no one, zero. All of the law enforcement here has been done by the federal government, by the US Attorney's Office, and Tim Walls and his administration have at best been bystanders trying to make excuses for why they've let these billions of dollars in taxpayer money flow out the door.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. John Heinriger, thank you so much for joining me as always really appreciated. Now we're going to get a quick braink and when we come back, going to be joined by Stephanie hammil But first, remember this guy, what was the name, Pete, booty Dog, Beauty Juice, whatever his name was. He was Joe Biden's secretary of transportation, and he did such a lousy job at that job that people actually knew who the Secretary of Transportation was. But as far as his name is concerned, well you know who just stepped in to finally save the day.
Speaker 7: Was contrary to the law the Congress that A ruled it says you have to look at combustion engines.
Speaker 3: Biden and Buddha Judge actually did an analysis.
Speaker 1: Using edge edge he Judge red.
Speaker 3: Judge used evs and hybrids to come up with a sixty two mile an hour pro gallon standard.
Speaker 2: Got it? Edge edge don't get that?
Speaker 1: What wrong?
Speaker 2: Let's leave that one there for now. Anyway, Stephanie Hamill joins me after the break. Well, joining me now is political commentator Stephanie Hammill. Stephanie, thank you so much for joining me here on the US Report. Wanted to talk to you bringing up a lot of stuff that we've been talking about today already with the Somali migration crisis, this has led to Donald Trump talking about banning migration from third world countries. I think he's listed nineteen countries so far. Tell us about what he's talking about here. Do we know what countries are named? What are the implications for this and how is it being received?
Speaker 10: Well, it's being received in different ways, right. People have different opinions about what Trump has said. Obviously, some people think his rhetoric on this is too strong, while others, especially supporters, are saying that this is what they voted for. His really strong reaction to migration really came after what happened to the National guardsmen in Washington, d C. Where they were shot over the holiday weekend and Thanksgiving, and we learned out it was an Afghani who was a migrant here, and we also learned some things about how this migrant was having a hard time assimilating and supposedly he had a clean record and so on. And so this kind of goes along with a lot of the headlines we've seen over the past year's year, if you will, where there are so many immigrants, migrants who some of them are here legally, some of them illegally, who are committing crimes, and we're also learning a lot about the people who are using the safety nets here, if you will. So we've been told that migrants are a net positive on this country. But if that's the case, then why are so many of them using government assistants aka money that is paid for by the taxpayer. So, you know, there needs to be a huge conversation about immigration, migration, and then this is one of the main reasons why President Trump got elected, and so American people are looking for action and definitely a response to some of the things that we've seen so far. So if people aren't contributing, they shouldn't be here. This is America, the best country in the world, and we shouldn't have to accept people from the third world if they're not willing to assimilate and contribute.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I don't think you're going to get a lot of people disagreeing with you on that. And obviously Donald Trump's big platform coming in was fixed that southern border, and he did that very very well. But what are Trump people saying to some of the criticism that the left is bringing up now that says, well, this is a new distraction here, it's a distraction technique. Let's get everybody angry about migrants when there's economic figures and economic numbers that aren't all that hot in some areas of the economy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't say that it's a distraction. This is a concern that people have had for a long time, right, and this is one of the drivers for the election and electing President Trump. With that being said, when you have migration at these levels and illegal immigrants coming through, that does have an effect on our economy. Right, So let's say, let's talk about legal migration. So Americans are going to have to compete with migrants for jobs, right, We're gonna have to compete for housing and so on. And then when it comes to illegal immigration, if you talk about the crime and the cost of dealing with that in some of these areas, I mean, it all has an impact on our communities, and so yes, the housing and our economy needs to be addressed, and it is being addressed, but again, migration adds to that.
Speaker 2: Indeed, hey, another part of the economy too that that is going to change now is a change in what are called the CAFE standards, just basically the fuel efficiency standards for vehicles. And the Trump administration this week announced that they are repealing the Biden era federal fuel economy standards, which would have basically made it almost impossible to keep producing petroleum gasoly empowered vehicles. They're going to weaken these efficiency requirements, and people are already saying Ford has already said, this is great. We can make a lot more new vehicles that are affordable. But here's what President Trump said when announcing this.
Speaker 11: It put tremendous upward pressure on car prices. Combined with the insane electric vehicle mandate Biden's burdens some regulations help cause the price of cars to soar more than twenty five percent, and in one case they went up eighteen percent in one year. Today, we're taking one more step to kill the green new scam as part of the greatest scam probably well other than Russia, Russia, Russian, A few others I could name the greatest scam in American history, the Green New scam.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, this is great news for American drivers, Am I correct? And does this mean that they'll also be able to take out those stupid little buttons you have to push so that the car doesn't turn off when you get to a red light.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Those are so annoying, aren't they. I will say I love electric vehicles. I drive a Tesla's truck. But with that being said, I don't think that electric vehicles should be forced onto the American people. It's like a fantasy. When this first went through. It's like forcing people to buy a unicorn, if you will. A lot of people are just struggling to get by, pay their bills, and then to think that they can afford expensive electric vehicles, have the places to charge them, have the ability to use those on a day to day basis, right, You know, those are things that people need to think of. And it's like, not every apartment complex, not every housing has the ability to have these electric chargers for vehicles. If you're going on long distance trips, think about how many times you have to stop. I've taken my cyber truck on an eight hour road trip and I had to stop several times to charge the vehicle. It's not for everybody. So I think the Trump administration did good on this, and this was one of their promises. And it's supposedly supposed to save about one hundred and ten billion dollars over time. And so again, it's not that people don't want renewable efficient energy and that they don't want to drive electric vehicles. It's just impossible. It's an impossible task, an impossible goal, and the government shouldn't be funding all of these programs anyway. So if electric vehicles and this renewable energy is so great, then let the market play itself out. You don't have to force the American people to subsidize electric vehicles.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Stephanie so Well said, hey, finally, before I let you go, this story here was absolutely hilarious to me. Now, you remember all those celebrities who said they would leave America and never come back if Donald Trump won, Well, guess what. At least one of them was lying. And I know this is a surprise, It has been revealed that one of those celebrities, Ellen DeGeneres, has moved back to the States or is moving back to the States. After moving to Great Britain in protest and outrage. Stephanie, should we even be surprised at this hypocrisy?
Speaker 10: Not surprised at all. I'm actually maybe just like a tiny surprise that she didn't come back sooner. But we've seen these celebrities do that over and over again. It's so embarrassing. So they did it in the first election, and then all of them came back. And then the second election, so many of them said they were leaving the country. Many of them started trickling back. And you know, it's not a surprise that she's coming back too. I mean, she resided in California, where the weather is awesome. So one of the complaints was that the weather's tough there. It's too cold, too dreary. So they're coming back. Well, you don't really need to come back to the US for that. I mean, you can go to Mexico or somewhere else on the beach, somewhere warm in the country, or somewhere else in the world. You don't have to come back to the US. So essentially this kind of gives credit to President Donald Trump, and that is his presidency is not that bad, because if it was bad, these celebrities wouldn't come back. They know that there have been no human rights violations. They know that the country is under good hands when it comes to President Donald Trump, and so that's why they're eager to come back.
Speaker 2: Stefanie Hamil, thank you so much for joining me now. Don't go away. Tons more with John Fund after the break, But first let's get into the Christmas spirit with a little side by side comparison in of how they did up the White House for Christmas under Joe Biden and how Donald and Malania have done it on the other side. Have a look. Yeah, I know they tried to call Trump weird. Anyway, don't go anywhere because John Fund's going to join me in a moment to discuss infighting in the Democratic Party the break. Welcome back to the program. Joining me now is political journalist John Fund. John, thanks for joining me here on the program. We've had an awful lot of talk this evening about the issues with Donald Trump and migration and Somali communities and Afghan communities. But what's really interesting to be here is the way that Democrats are responding. And we've now got a Democrat Congress Win Deely Ramirez saying that actually the biggest threat to the country are ICE agents. Have a look at this.
Speaker 12: The American people's anger and tolerance of DHS violations of our rights. That's what's the result of DHS unlawful, unaccountable, unconstitutional actions which put the American people in our liberties at risk every day. Let me be very clear, the Department of Homeland Security, you can quote me on that is the single biggest threat to public safety right now.
Speaker 2: So John, let me get this straight here. It's not Afghan migrants who have been brought in and not well vetted and who have been allegedly accused of all sorts of various crimes. It's not the issues we've seen in the smaller community in Minnesota. It's not all these other issues. It's the Apartment of Homeland Security and ICE that's the biggest problem. Tell me, John, how does that work?
Speaker 4: James?
Speaker 13: The cargo woman was speaking in a congressional hearing room. There's lots of security. You can't have a protest in a congressional hearing room. I would challenge her to go back to her district in Chicago, Cook County and have a town hall meeting with her constituents and say those same words, because what she would probably hear very quickly is that Cook County has a murder rate three times higher than the national average, and in fact, Cook County leads the entire country in the nation in the number of homicides per year. Have her explain to the people who have been widowed, the people who have lost their children, the people who have lost close relatives, why, somehow the greatest threat to public safety is ice versus the thugs who murdered their relatives.
Speaker 2: I think, John, that's really powerfully and well said here. But there's a bigger issue too hereation of homeland security, the demonization of ice, the demonization of the very idea that a nation that to be a coherent nation needs borders, that these boarders should be enforced. It seems to be like on the left now it's almost an article of faith that the status of being a migrant, whether legal or not, now confers upon somebody this almost unassailable goodness, no matter what they've been accused of actually doing.
Speaker 13: Well, what's the old expression, we are the world? Apparently the left's opinion is the entire world is us, and if they come to the United States will all be in it together, one big, happy family. Well that's not how the way the world works. Now. Having said that, I think ICE has to be very cautious. It has to make sure that there aren't abuses of the system. We have seen cases where people who are legally here are caught up in the bureaucracy and sent back or jailed when they shouldn't be. That shouldn't happen because that undermines the entire approach that the president is taking. So my sister, for example, she works in human services in Portland, Oregon. They have been abuses there. But the bottom line is the American people are behind this program because these people are either here illegally or they have basically stolen documents and are working under false pretenses.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, Hey, John, I want to move on to some interesting I guess infighting within the Democrat Party and it all goes back to re litigating that presidential election of last year. Now, presidential Governor Josh Shapiro, who I'm a big fan of and I thought he was a very very smart guy, and I thought he could have made a great vice presidential pick for the Democrats. Well he has unleashed on former Vice President Kamala Harris, claiming that what she wrote about him in her book One hundred and seven Days about him is an utter be s is what he said. During an interview with The Atlantic, Shapiro denied what Harris said, which included alleged discussions of Shapiro and others she vetted to be her running mate, and he said, I can tell you that her accounts are just blatant lies. Now this is interesting to me because, among other things, you still see poles that say Kamala Harris could be somebody who might be talked about God help us again as a nominee in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 13: That's all name id. The bottom line is the vast majority of the American people don't know any of the names of the other potential Democratic presidential candidates, with a possible exception of Gavin Newsom, and he's number two in the polls. Look, I think there's probably some truth in both of their accounts. I believe that Josh Shapiro really didn't want to be on the Democratic ticket. He wanted to be talked about for being on the Democratic ticket. But I think he went into the job interview knowing that he was going to make impossible demands or base sickly appears stand offish as to whether or not he wanted the job, and Kamala Harris responded appropriately and picked someone else who was obviously a disaster for other reasons. Talking about Tim Maltz, the land who represents Minnesota, the land of one thousand scandals. I believe that Josh Shapiro is running for president. I think he believes that Kamala Harris ultimately will not run for president. So he's basically separating herself from them and trying to demonstrate, well, when I run, I'm going to be a different kind of Democrat, especially a Democrat who doesn't lose.
Speaker 2: You know, John, it's interestingly you say that he is a potential go for the presidency in the next candidate, next next election cycle. I always thought there was some really interesting about Josh Peary. He kind of reminded me of some of the old New Democrats of the nineteen nineties with his you know, moderate talk. But do you think that the Democrat Party, with their issues with Israel would be able to nominate someone like Josh Shapiro who is Jews.
Speaker 13: Well there's a barrier there. On the other hand, he's from Pennsylvania, which is the quintessential swing state. He is a governor who Democrats view as being successful. I think that Israel is not the most important issue of the Democratic primary, and certainly we can't predict that it would be three and a half years from now.
Speaker 2: John Fun We're gonna have to leave it there. Thank you so much for your time, as always appreciated. Now, don't go anywhere because Only in America is coming up next. But first, here's someone who wants to leave America. Open at a pro Luigi Manjoni protest. Remember he's the guy who allegedly gunned down that healthcare CEO because well let her explain.
Speaker 14: Yes, I wanted to come here to dietias. Later after being here and realizing how it's more fast, it's more smokes Ameras, I am ready to leave it. I don't I can't financially leave right now. But the first opportunity Natalie that I can get, I am leaving. And I'm leaving on principle because I feel that if I, as an immigrant, remain in a fascist country.
Speaker 2: Ah, America is fascist, so fascist that the government might even pay her a cool thousand bucks just to help her on her way. Oh the humanity. I say good riddance, bye bye, but you don't go bye bye. You stay there because Only in America is next. As Prince Harry makes an attempt head comedy. You're not gonna want to miss that. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Well this week on Only in America a little reminder of why the old thirteen Colonies decided to break away from England. Now you may have thought it was all because of a tax on tea or something, but no, it was because we in America didn't want to be ruled by a family. This absolutely lame. Get a load here of the comic stylings of Prince Harry.
Speaker 8: Say the obsessive royalty, So why not.
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 12: Hold on?
Speaker 6: Look, look, I wouldn't say we're obsessed with royalty.
Speaker 13: Really, I heard you.
Speaker 1: I heard you elected a king. That's a fair party.
Speaker 2: Well I was saying blue words. That's all the time we have for this week, see you next time. Bye bye.