Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: General, welcome to the Late pay.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Joe Hildebrand and Liz Sto. Great to have your company.
Speaker 2: We've got a.
Speaker 3: Lot to get through tonight, including a woman accused of race hate for playing a Bob Bob Marley record. I reckon, if you're going to engage your hate, you'd probably pay us Taylor Swift record or something like that. We'll talk about that later. Plus, when we look at the papers, a new South Wales school slammed over sexually explicit questions being asked of students in a classroom, and Victoria Park's boss loses his job over the controversial closure of climbing routes in Victoria. We'll get to all of that when we look at the papers. But first, it's Islamophobia Awareness Month in the United Kingdom and to celebrate, Prime Minister Keir Starmer has left open the possibility of introducing blasphemy laws.
Speaker 2: He was asked in Parliament today.
Speaker 3: By one of his own Muslim mp if you would commit to criminalizing the desecration of religious texts and the prophet and Kirstama seemed way too inclined to oblige have a listen.
Speaker 4: Will the Prime Minister commit to introducing megas to prohibit the desecration of.
Speaker 5: All religious texts and the profits.
Speaker 1: Of the Abrahamic religion. We are, as I said, the foremost to speaker, committed to tackling all forms of hatred and division, including of course Islamophobia in all of its forms.
Speaker 2: Just before we get into the discussion on this, just.
Speaker 3: Should point out the sleight of hand by Tahir A Lee who asked the question he's a Muslim MP. He talked about can we outlaw disrespect for religious texts and for profits of the Abrahamic religions? And of course what that means is he's talking on behalf of Christians, Jews and Muslims. Interesting, of course, is that neither Christians nor Jews are calling for the criminalization of anybody disrespecting their religion, but he pulls them in to make it seem like he's doing this for everybody.
Speaker 1: He's worried about criticism of for the prophet Isaiah. Sure, every obviously Isaiah, that was the first one that came to mind. Mind, who are you thinking of it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's also nonsensical because Christians believe Jesus is God in human form. Muslims do not believe that at all. They just believe he's a mere man, though a very good one. And Jews think he was a total blasphemous. So you've got all of these contradictions. But here's the big thing. What he's asking for is not for people to be protected. He's asking for ideas to be protected. And the one idea that should never be protected, and I said this is a Christian is the idea of religion, because religion is your answer to the big questions in life, where do we come from, what's wrong with the world, how do we fix it? How do you define right and wrong? What happens when you die? If you can't discuss those questions openly, then it pretty much makes it impossible to talk about anything meaningful at all. And that's what he's asking for, and that's what the UK Prime Minister is saying he is.
Speaker 2: Open to doing, to outlawing.
Speaker 3: Any disrespect of religious ideas. You can't have a free society in which religious ideas are unable to be critique, criticized and if you want mocked.
Speaker 6: Indeed, and the Prime Minister, of course, no one would expect this from kir Starmer should have responded by saying.
Speaker 5: Mate, get stuffed.
Speaker 2: This is the UK.
Speaker 6: We have freedom of speech here and that includes people being able to say things that you might not like.
Speaker 5: Boohoo, so sad, this very weird would have.
Speaker 1: Been a weird thing.
Speaker 6: Is utterly ridiculous, right, because a phobia isn't an irrational fear. And I genuinely get hot under the collar when I consider that people in the UK are being lectured on is Lamophobia on the daily, when these guys have copped it, when we talk about terrorist attacks on their own soil, all by radical Islamist Back to two thousand and six, we've got fifty two dead in.
Speaker 5: The July London bombings.
Speaker 1: In the tubes.
Speaker 6: We all remember that one May twenty seventeen Manchester.
Speaker 5: Arena bombing, another twenty two dead.
Speaker 6: A month later, eight dead in the London Bridge attack. And this is to say nothing of the individual instances of people being beheaded in the street, as was the case with Samuel Patty in twenty twenty, a teacher in France going about his own business beheaded in the street, and the twenty sixteen case. These are just the ones that came to mind, by the way, the twenty sixteen case of the pre least his name was.
Speaker 5: Jack Hammel who's beheaded during Mass.
Speaker 6: And of course most recently they're still coming to mind, ladies and gentlemen, the Southport case where we had three little girls killed by a guy who had in his possession an El Qaida training manual.
Speaker 5: So how dare.
Speaker 6: You lecture people in the UK on being Islamophobic when any fear they have is bloody well founded if they have concerns relating to Islam. That is a country who can say, don't lecture us, mate.
Speaker 5: And this is nothing to do with a phobia.
Speaker 6: This has nothing to do with racism, This has nothing to do with us hating Muslims. We've simply had a gut full of you gaslighting us into believing there's something wrong with us when we simply keep looking at these cases. And I'm sure if I lived in the UK I could name far, far more. I haven't even got started on the grooming gangs have been making a lot of headlines in the UK recently, and their Prime Minister just wants to be like, oh, yeah, well, we're just going to keep you know, putting the screws in you guys, we can't have Islamophobia.
Speaker 1: I think he's actually doing something a bit cleverer than that, I think because so he's obviously got his MP who said, all right, will you commit to laws banning the desecration quote unquote of religious texts? That is not what Keir Starmer agrees to. So kis Dama says, oh, we're committed to, you know, to tackling Islamo phobia, just.
Speaker 5: Something fun.
Speaker 2: A lot of forms, in all its forms, in.
Speaker 1: All its forms. That's right, But he's not actually committing to And again this is sort of politics. One oh one. Yeah, I answer the question that you want to answer, not the questions that's actually been asked. So it's a bit like the very famous example in New South Wales was when there was a bit of a law and order auction and the coalition was demanding minimum sentences of twenty five years for murder, and the state government under bobcast It.
Speaker 7: You say, minimum sentence of twenty five years for murder, we are proposing maximum sentences of thirty five years for murder. Because yeah, but we're talking about minimum centers is twenty five years. Yeah, but we're saying, we're going to have a maximum sentence of thirty five years. So you place the So you're you're responding to a question he's not saying. Now, Islamophobia, like homophobia or like you know, anti Semitism or whatever, is not the irrational fear or hatred of religious texts, which is.
Speaker 1: It's not of the text. You're falling for the same trap. Again, it's not of the text. It's of the people, rights of the So it's the mistreatment of Muslims based on whatever you think, just as antisemitism is the mistreatment of Jews based on what you think of them. And so he answers a completely different question to that, and I think you can. You can. And again, you know, there's Muslims and there's actual Islamness, which is the extreme form of Islam that results in terrorism and extremism and fundamentalism. And again that is a sort of different thing. Again, so you can tackle you can. You can still have measures that apply to zonophobia, just as they would to anti Semitism without touching which is vital, Without touching the ability of people to be able to criticize the Koran or indeed, you know, make jokes about it like they do about it.
Speaker 2: That's very clever politics.
Speaker 3: Then, from Kirstar, if it is as you described, except this is not a time for clever politics. This has made front page news right through the UK because people have said he's clearly given an obtuse answer. He's given a clever answer when what people want is clear direction that we've got leadership who won't put up with the sorts of things that you have described and the kind of retrick that leads to that.
Speaker 2: But he's not given clear leadership.
Speaker 3: He's trying to play both sides of defence and in doing that all he does is give you encouragement to extremists.
Speaker 1: That's right. Sorry, if you look at and I dare say, if you look at the election result we've just had in the US, and I dare say Labor would have that, and it's got its own problems as well with the budget have just passed. I think I think they would be very sort of I suppose they would be have one eye on that. They would have one eye on their constituents. And again there are a lot of very very Muslim heavy seats in the four million four million. There are also I think five seats that were won by Muslim voice or Muslim votes matter type candidates either. I don't think they ran as an actual party, but people who are aligned to that movement, so they are going to have half an eye on that as well. But I totally agree that it should be absolutely no place for blasphemy laws. I mean, look at the number of jokes that people have made throughout the centuries about characters in the Bible, including Jesus himself. Now the idea that you would add a stroke effectively ban all of those because imagine the law fare that Christian groups would engage on. Imagine the mass class actions they would if there was the same applied to it. And again, does this means that you know that Kiostama or you Calaber says Charlie, hebdo had it coming.
Speaker 3: The reason you can tell so many Christian jokes is because Christians don't believe in shutting down any critique.
Speaker 6: People know that they're not going to be beheaded in the street if they criticize Christianity, Catholicism, et cetera, et cetera, and so on to the US now, and perhaps the biggest confirmation that most Polsters are absolutely pathetic at their jobs. Today, we learned from one of Harris's main campaign guys that their internal polling actually never showed Harris out front of Trump in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 6: Hear it from him here he is talking to Pod Save America podcast.
Speaker 5: You can hear it from the horse's mouth.
Speaker 8: When we got in. My recollection is some of that snapback. But you know we were behind. I mean, I think it surprised people because there was these public polls that came out in late September early October shown us with leads that we never saw. I think even after the debate we might have gained what point five to one. It wasn't a race that moved a lot. You know, you've got to have bun decided to break your way more than your opponents, and you've got to get a little benefit from turnout, which we weren't able to do.
Speaker 5: Thank you, David Plof.
Speaker 6: So how was it that the public polls which he made reference to there were so out of step with their own internal polling, whereby they knew there was more than one other guy on their campaign who joined him on that podcast, and they said, look, we knew we actually knew it was a lost cause, which begs the question, had everyone known it was a lost cause, do you think Harris would have had a billion dollars to incinerate?
Speaker 5: I think not.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine being one of her donors right now and learning that these guys always knew that it was a jolly lost cause. Check out this great of just how out of touch the average polster was with what was actually going on behind the scenes in the Harris camp. In the right hand column there you can see how badly the end result deviated from what they projected was going to happen. This is an absolute embarrassment. And we had David Plouf there saying that.
Speaker 5: It didn't even change.
Speaker 6: Much after she took after dementia Joe. Now we were told, oh, Harris is at the wheel. Now she actually did really well during the debate. Don't you think that was amazing? She's doing incredibly. The Trump camp should be worried. She's actually skyrocketing and popularity, and we all said, oh, maybe it's just a honeymoon period. You know, she's just taken over from Joe. She didn't actually crash and burn in the debate as we were expecting, and we just thought, oh, you know, she's has got a bit of a pump in the polls. Maybe this will be tighter than we thought.
Speaker 5: Turns out it was all a nonsense. So much for suppression polls being a conspiracy theory. Another great day to be a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, this is private internal party polling. They're not going to make a public they never do, never have, never will. Otherwise, what's the point They're not going to do it before during the actual election campaign. No, of course, that's the whole point of having your own internal polster. And then you've got the public poles. If you actually looked at the public polls throughout the entire campaign, as I was doing obsessively, they showed pretty much the same thing he was talking here, mostly about the battleground states, which is also the ones that matter, that's right, And you know there's about seven of those that really matters, Pennsylvania being the most important, but you know, Wisconsin, Michigan, and a handful of others, Georgia, Arizona, those sorts of things if you actually looked at them, if you look at the average of polls, that the real clear politics. Who are five thirty eight puts up all the time. Trump was marginally ahead, a tiny bit ahead in most of those most of the time. And that's why, that's why, and that's why you saw and that's why you no Trumps mostly and again. And Paul Murray, you know, was constantly drawing attention to this fact. And it was a white knuckle ride. But Trump won by much much, much more than those poles predicted. So those poles still got it wrong. But this is what I found really strange. It was that even when I think I mentioned it on my podcast, the real story with Joe Hilda Round download it now, which is the gas sliding. And this is what makes it even worse, the obsession of say the MSNBC types or the CNN types, or we had certain you know, Twitter raadi here, you know, saying I predict it's going to be Carmela by this and that we sat the ridiculous Iowa pole. But it was right there in front of their faces. This is this wasn't even like in twenty sixteen where everyone's saying, oh, it's definitely Hillary Clinton, it's all over bar the shouting. The poles were still showing it was incredibly close. The battleground states edged towards Trump more than Harris the vast majority of the time, and the bedding market had Trump pretty much, you know, fifty five forty five.
Speaker 3: So how do you for the whole time parody because between the internal polling and all the other polling.
Speaker 1: Well, no, this is what I'm saying, though their internal polling actually matches up pretty well with the public polling. What neither matches up with is the result, and neither matches up with the commentary of.
Speaker 5: People who thought it was sad.
Speaker 6: He said, the public polls had us ahead, and we never saw that in our internal poll didn't you.
Speaker 1: He said that we were always behind the battleground.
Speaker 5: Rod about post debate famous right.
Speaker 1: And that that polster has actually resigned. That showed up something like a ten to fifteen point turnaround. It was absolutely bonkers, right, So that was some weird, crazy anomally and that should have just been put on the scrap heap and just burned alive, because that was clearly just a crazy, crazy outlier. And yeah, maybe the pub and the public poles I think were probably a bit more favorable to Carmla because I think a lot of Trump voters were gaming the polls and just not answering. And there was some anecdotal evidence after that. Say here a poster, I say, no, f you, I'm not talking to you, don't trust you. You're part of the system.
Speaker 6: But they don't explain that people are watching these polls unfold on MSNBCC and.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, even those false hope, but even those but even the polls, if you actually look at them, weren't giving them pulse. You had people talking about them, talking about Karmala mentor.
Speaker 5: Internal polling clearly disagree with you, Joe.
Speaker 1: So no privately knew they that to stay privately knew that things were not going as well as all Karmala Harris's cheerleaders were saying they were going. That is exactly what I'm trying to tell you that you had people who were so blinded, it was so completely dissociated from the possibility that Donald Trump could actually win, that they were talking about Karmala Harris having this rollicking campaign, having all this Famouskama momentum and being ahead and going to win, when even the public polls that were published were saying in most cases the opposite of that. That is how deluded they were so again, it wasn't like Hillary Clinton in twenty sixteen, where they were following what the Poles were actually telling them. Well, poles never pointed to They didn't point to a Trump landslide, but they sure as hell never pointed to a Harris landslide. It was always at most a white no you.
Speaker 3: Mentioned disassociation from reality, which is a perfect way to describe Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: She's still talking to.
Speaker 3: Americans saying, don't lose your power, even though she of course has lost hers.
Speaker 2: He is a recent video she released and a look at this.
Speaker 9: I just have to remind you, don't you ever let anybody take your power from you. You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did, and you have the same ability to engage and inspire. So don't ever let anybody or any circumstance take your power from you.
Speaker 3: Now, she's still speaking in word sounds, but to help us understand what's really going on in that video, someone's just added a few little parts to make it a bit more obvious what's actually happening.
Speaker 9: Would you ever let anybody take your power from you? You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did.
Speaker 3: You know, when your friends are drinking, you typically take away their keys. Maybe take away their camera, Liz, that would.
Speaker 5: Be very kind.
Speaker 6: The funniest part of all of this the video goes for almost ten minutes, her full address to the nation, first we've heard of her since the failed election bid, and the full length is so much more painful to watch.
Speaker 5: I do not recommend it.
Speaker 6: Back to Australia now, where medical cannabis is taking the nation by storm.
Speaker 5: Get this, we are expected to.
Speaker 6: Spend a billion dollars on medical cannabis this year as use of the drug sky rocket.
Speaker 1: That's just Kamala Harris's use.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, maybe we shouldn't have put alcohol in the AI version of that.
Speaker 5: Someone could have just easily put a bong in there instead.
Speaker 6: But this spending correlates with usage, which jumped from just three point nine percent of survey respondents in a twenty nineteen survey to almost thirty percent admitting they.
Speaker 5: Use prescription marijuana.
Speaker 6: Now, it's true, this is a wonder plant for people with a plethora of physical and mental issues. Anyone who knows much about medical marijuana knows that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's referred to as.
Speaker 6: The wonder drug, although so I don't really call it a drug because it ain't appeal. It is a plant, thanks God. And so people are getting I'm not surprised by this at all. People are getting incredible results from it that they have not been able to see from drugs from Big Farmer.
Speaker 5: And it's interesting because this is.
Speaker 6: At a time as well where legalized cannabis type parties have got quite a foothold in nearly every state parliament now, so it's an interesting.
Speaker 3: Time and that they're using the popularity of medicinal cannabis to make the case that cannabis should be legalized recreationally, and that as medicinal cannabis is used so to the acceptance of it in the general community is becoming more important common This is not being lost on the green or the cannabis part.
Speaker 1: Ironically, early their use of medicinal cannabis, for the most part, is meant to be in such a way that it doesn't actually produce a high. You don't actually go high for it, to which I think most people would say, what's the full point? But yes, no, that is exactly what's happening, and it is and it is. It's basically just one party, which is the Legalized Cannabis Party, which has done deals or is about to do deals. It did a deal with Labor at the Queensland state election and did very well and possibly help Labor win maybe three seats it wouldn't have otherwise. Now, I no one particularly cares if Stephen Miles wins government or not. Well, no one wants him to win. But this does mean that they could help Anthony Albanezi and Labor federally sneak over the line. And more importantly, they give Labor an option to shore up second preference votes from a minor party that is not the Greens, and so Labor can have as its first party of choice, its primary partnership in the electorate where does a deal where it gives two to that party above any others, it can have that as the Legalized Cannabis Party and not the Greens. And of course we all know Labor hates the Greens. At the moment, the Greens are trying to destroy Labor. It's never been more toxic. The Greens are a bunch of extremist a holes and are doing just terrible, terrible things, holding the country to ransom. So this, this deal with legalized cannabis gives labor a huge, huge, huge sort of I suppose shot in the arm if you're like where it doesn't have to associate with people who are fundamentally crazy, anti submitted extremists. Which is a long way of saying that cannabis, the wonder drug, can not only you know, help cure arthritis or other forms of chronic pain or whatever islands or whatever whatever these things are, it can also cure Australia from the Greens.
Speaker 5: They're fixed.
Speaker 1: It just gets rid of them.
Speaker 3: You finally convince me if.
Speaker 1: It does legalizing dope to get rid of the Greens, I say, let it rain down, Let it rain down from heaven.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 3: You get a lot of support for that, Joe, if only get find something to heal us from the ABC. Kim Williams, the boss of the ABC, is in all sorts over his criticism of the most popular podcaster in the world, Rogan. He went nuclear on Joe Rogan, talking about all sorts of descriptors of the podcast, and then got surprised when people said he was completely divorced from reality and out of touch. Just to remind you, here's Kim Williams speaking at the Press Club. He was asked what he thought about Joe Rogan and if maybe the ABC could learn from Joe Rogan in order to boost their influence in this country.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said.
Speaker 4: I personally find it deeply repulsive, and to think that someone has such remarkable power in the United States is something that I look at him disbelief. I'm also absolutely in dismay that this can be a source of public entertaining when it's really treating the public as plunder for purposes that are really quite malevolent.
Speaker 3: So he's talking about Joe Rogan, who is incredibly popular, way more popular than the ABC will ever be, and with nowhere near the.
Speaker 2: Budget or the staff.
Speaker 3: He's talking about Joe Rogan being a malevolent force in the public discourse.
Speaker 2: And he said all of that.
Speaker 3: After he admitted he doesn't listen to Joe Rogan at all. So how he came up with all those criticisms is a mystery. Anyway, there was a massive pilon, of course, because how out of touch could a man be? And then he was surprised by the pylon here is talking on radio today.
Speaker 10: I might say I've been surprised since making that response that there has been an astonishingly large pylon from people saying that I was an embarrassment to Australia. I've been accused of having a walk down look on life. I've been accused of being unhinged. I've been threatened with I'm staying in my lane. I find the reaction really out of all proportion with what I said.
Speaker 3: Well, if you are the boss of the ABC, then what you say about media matters does tend to matter. And especially when you say that someone who simply provides plenty of opportunity for very powerful and well known people to discuss their ideas and share them in a free ranging conversation, when you call that malevolent, and when you say that it's a terrible thing, then of course it's going to make news. He's surprised Liz that people were critical of him, which was.
Speaker 6: Such a dumb move, because you're doubling down on these accusations of people saying you are so out of touch with the everyday person, and then you.
Speaker 5: Go on radio the next day to be like.
Speaker 6: I can't believe they think I'm out of touch, just admit fold button. But if you're worried about Joe Rogan, don't be. He tweeted today news of little Kim Williams yacking these terrible remarks about him. Loll what that's how much he cares. Lol, by the way means laugh out loud. This is Joe's way of saying, I couldn't give a rip mate and Elon Musk and also, incredibly, these are probably the two of the most famous men on the planet right now. Elon Musk then tweeted from the head of Australian government media, they're Pravda. Pravda of course being the Russian newspaper that was the official mouthpiece of the Soviet Communist Party in Russia for.
Speaker 5: Sixty nine years.
Speaker 1: Kim Williams.
Speaker 6: There was also other people laughing at Kim Williams on social media today.
Speaker 5: One of my favorites came from milk.
Speaker 6: Bar TV, who said, oh, yes, well, Kim Williams. Joe Rogan is so upholesev. I heard that he docted wartime footage to make our.
Speaker 5: Guys, our soldiers, Australian soldiers.
Speaker 6: Look like they were committing war crimes. Overseas when they really weren't. Oh whoops, Kim Williams, that was your lot, that.
Speaker 5: Was the ABC. It really gets my goat Joe when these tiny, tiny men.
Speaker 6: Yap at the heels of titans, because when we're talking about Joe Rogan, we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about that's how I feel like has al.
Speaker 6: Those twenty million subscribers on YouTube, almost fifteen million subscribers on Spotify. Every single one of his episodes gets at least eleven million eyeballs on it his podcast, Yes, and then you've got Kim Williams being like he's just malevolent, He's disgusting, and you're like, mate, like, what is going on upstairs?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think this is the thing. Yeah, it is high the ironic there's a home. All these people calling me out of touch took me completely by surprise. But I don't think I like Kim Williams. He was a former CEO at News Corps and so it's strange to see that's usually the sort of accusation that he's making about Joe Rogan. That's the sort of thing that people often say about Rupert Murdock can use him. This is this man who's controlling everything, and he's ironically, I think, falling for the same line that you know that people aren't actually sentient beings that decide for themselves what they want to read or watch or listen to, and that they don't think for themselves and know what they like and what they don't like, and what they believe and don't believe. They're just somehow kind of formless blobs that get molded into clo or agents of evil by these evil sort of media proprietors or media performers, these puppet masters, who tell them what to think because of course they're so sluggish and dim witted and slow minded themselves they couldn't possibly they couldn't possibly think for themselves. And it is really interesting. I don't think Kim is doing it deliberately, and clearly he hasn't realized clearly, I mean self evidently he hasn't actually listened to much, if any, of Joe Rogan podcast. And that's fair enough because they're about three hours long, right, But you know, Joe Rogan, we're talking about this still marijuana. Joe Rogan to Stoner. Joe Rogan sits around with his mates, some of whom happened to be billionaires or the most the rich and famous, and they just they just shoot the ship. They just talk about whatever, and so they go down all these rabbit holes and people call them conspiracy theories or whatever. Oh my god, that's dangerous, but none of it's actually malevolent. They're just they're just sitting there kind of Isn't.
Speaker 3: That why people like Kim Williams, who are in charge of you know what they call the legacy media organizations, are so offended by the very presence of Joe Rogan on the media landscape because he's got this huge audience. I feel on his qualifications. He used to be involved in World Federation wrestling. It's like, who's this guy? Usc, Yeah, World Federation?
Speaker 1: That was Donald Trump, sorry as it was.
Speaker 2: You've got Kim Williams.
Speaker 3: He's got a one point something billion dollar but obviously very traditional.
Speaker 1: He's a classical penist, I believe, and then he was in charge of Fox Tail. I did a great job here in the news court and stuff. But again I think you're just looking at something else and you don't understand it, and you think, oh my god, this is terrifying.
Speaker 3: So rather than colonize, maybe try and learn something it might help the ABC with ratings, although he also said in that address that ratings don't really matter.
Speaker 2: That The irony, of course is, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because your taxpayer funded, you don't have to deliver on any KPIs, you won't get the boot. We're used to the ABC sucking, so you keep that up while sucking up one point two billion dollars worth of taxpayer money and asking for more, which he also did at the Press Club yesterday.
Speaker 5: How pathetic.
Speaker 2: Exactly so not a fan, not a fan, he wants more money.
Speaker 3: I tell you what who when I'm a fan of either, and that is Senator Lydia Thorpe.
Speaker 2: But we better talk.
Speaker 3: About her antics in the Senate because of course they've made headlines, oh the country. She was, of course suspended for a couple of days because she tore into pieces a Senate motion, threw it into Pauline Hanson's face, and then flicked Senator Hanson the bird as she left the chamber. So suspended for a couple of days, but she'd only been suspended for five minutes before already the talk was do we think she'll stay away or will she violate the suspension and indeed, as predicted, she did. She appeared in the press gallery. And here's what happened.
Speaker 5: Ray Palist I called a clerk.
Speaker 2: I called a clerk.
Speaker 3: Now, she was suspended from the Chambert because she was accusing Pauline Hansen of racism.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in a moment. But then she comes back.
Speaker 3: In the day of her first suspension and she's yelling for Palestine.
Speaker 6: What on earth doesn't exactly a peck acause lady.
Speaker 1: What comes? It's like when brain damage. People just want to make a noise. They just want to make her sound, but they don't actually know what to say. They don't have anything to say. No, but she is that she's clearly impaired, and so she just starts chanting, I don't want free Palestine.
Speaker 2: This is a crazy thing.
Speaker 3: Like they put security guards, I believe reading the media reports today at the doors of the Senate chamber. Yeah, we'll try to prevent her use of them. You've got a senator who needs to be She.
Speaker 6: Got into the press gallery anyway, So I'm like, seriously, were you not paying attention yesterday when she was suspended and you just let her in the doors or where You're like oh well, the press gallery isn't exactly the chamber, although it is in the.
Speaker 5: Exact same room.
Speaker 6: But of course she made even her suspension about the fact the Parliament was just being racist and treating her like a naughty little black girl.
Speaker 11: It seems like there's one rule for white people who get away with racism, and there's one rule for us when we call that out, we're the ones that are the naughty little black girl.
Speaker 6: Again, she really seemed to have a theme during this address, the first of its kind following her suspension.
Speaker 5: See if you can pick up on what that theme might have been.
Speaker 11: You know, I'll do what it takes to stamp out racism. We need to stand up to racism, inquiry into racism, in stamping out racism, anti racism, training, discussing racism.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get right on that. Love. I mean that interview, she.
Speaker 3: Spoke for four minutes and thirty seconds. She used the word racism or racist seventeen times, which is once every fifteen seconds. And this is all because Senator Pauline Hansen dared to ask a question about the eligibility of fatima payment because she's got dual citizenship. The same question that was asked of Barnaby Joyce. This is what the time ago.
Speaker 2: It's not racists what I'm saying. Someone is eligible based on their capacity.
Speaker 1: Like she's she is not functional, She's she's clearly not a functioning human being. I honestly, I'm not the first person to raise concerns about her the status of her mind. She's like, she's either I mean, I'm pretty crazy myself, I being too kind, Maybe I am maybe I'm being kind.
Speaker 2: She is exactly what she's doing.
Speaker 1: How many, like, how many other indigenous senators felt the need to rip up bits of paper and flip.
Speaker 2: Many Indigenous senators?
Speaker 1: How many non indigenous? How many? How many white senators ripped up some emotion someone else's motion, flipped the bird to the other senators in the chamber and had no action taken against them. So where the double like? And she's manufacturing this double standard? And again it is like that there is there is some form of malfunction in the brain seeing things that are not there. It might yeah, it might be like borderline personality disorder. It might be delusions of grandeur. But there is something just so wrong.
Speaker 3: Why is she not completely disowned by all the key Indigenous voices in this country and in the parliament. That's the question I always ask, where are all the Indigenous people saying this woman does not represent us?
Speaker 2: She did as a scrap.
Speaker 1: Extremist activists of her ilk who are again completely and utterly deluded, who who want a revolution or a civil war or just love I just love the chance, you know, they just rock. I'm here for the chance. And those sorts of people will end up backing her in or just not saying anything. And then I think there are other people who have come out and said she's an embarrassment. She's an embarrassment to indigenous scores. She helped sink the voice, which I.
Speaker 3: Think she's useful to the call because she's so extreme.
Speaker 2: She makes other requests seem reason.
Speaker 1: To the conservative cause because they look at her, she's what all activists look like, and in many cases they're not wrong.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including a new South Wales school slammed after students were asked sexually explicit questions in the classroom.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at What's Making News tomorrow. We'll start with a really disturbing story in the Newcastle Herald. The headline reads porn fan fiction, sex ed material in spotlight. Another story of students at school being exposed to sexually explicit material without their parents' knowledge, let alone consent. A Hunter School is under fire over its choice of material to help teach sex health in the classroom.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The book contained questions asking kids to brainstorm listing as many sex acts as they could possibly think of, and then after that they were asked to list the sex acts they look forward to trying, the ones they're not sure about, and the ones that they definitely don't want to do. So, just to be clear, the kids were put into groups. They had to brainstorm what sex actually aware of, what would you like to try? And then there was discussion. Parents, of course, are outraged because they didn't know this was happening, They certainly didn't give consent for it, and.
Speaker 2: The school was slow to respond.
Speaker 3: It begs the question what happens to teachers who have these kinds of discussions in the classroom without parents consent? Because if I had that discussion with some kid at a shopping center, it would be hell to pay. And it's before the police were called. You stand in a classroom at a public school. This wasn't a public school. This is a private school, I should say, and somehow it Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even with public schools and private schools, the problem always seems to be is they get these people in from outside, these experts in, and they tend to be the one within the actual school.
Speaker 2: You still have a duty of kids.
Speaker 1: Absolutely acutely right, and the school absolutely is responsible. But this seems to be the problem that is happening is but where they're getting these people from outside and then they're coming in with all these crazy whackamami ideas. I mean, if you know, if you want someone to talk about all the sex they don't want to have, just get my wife to come in there and have talk to the kids.
Speaker 5: But this is utterly disgusting.
Speaker 6: I mean, year ten, so these kids are what fifteen years old?
Speaker 5: Fifteen years old. You can't even legally have.
Speaker 6: Sex at fifteen years old, So what are you doing inspiring them with all these different sex acts and getting them to basically rate them in order of the ones that they want to try.
Speaker 5: We've got pedophiles in the school. Room here. No, seriously, who.
Speaker 6: What adult in their right mind thinks this is appropriate when it's just you the teacher in the room and a pile of students And what's really galling about this is.
Speaker 5: His The response from the school.
Speaker 6: Hunter Valley Grammar School principal Rebecca Butterworth says the material in the workbook is.
Speaker 5: Aligned with age appropriate lessons.
Speaker 6: Okay Butterworth, let's see your head roll next, because that's not true and the parents certainly don't agree with you. God, i'd be ropable to the front page of the Australian Now SeaBus scandal. I'm so sorry, says Swanen. This is the death payment saga. You will recall, SeaBus chairman, when Swann has apologized unreservedly for the excessive delay in paying millions in payments to grieving families and disabled people in an extraordinary address to the ninety four billion dollars superannuation giants.
Speaker 5: And you will.
Speaker 6: Meeting this of course, as the article goes on to say, and I will speculate this is why.
Speaker 5: He's saying sorry now.
Speaker 6: It's as he faces questioning in Parliament on Friday over the ten thousand SeaBus members and claimants whose death and disability insurance claims we're delaid for twelve.
Speaker 5: Months or more.
Speaker 6: Mister Swan apologized for the fund's latest scandal, but stood by a raft of new board members source from the controversial CFFMEU, Well, I'm sure they'll be better than the last ones who came from the same source.
Speaker 5: But sure, Okay.
Speaker 3: What made me laugh about this article is it says the apology was mister Swan's strongest statement yet on the death three payments saga, and I thought, sorry, it would have been the first thing you would say, the strongest yet.
Speaker 1: Do you remember last night we talked about how to handle a crisis? Peter mallanows, because yes, you're absolutely right. It is absolutely terrible and we're not going to do it and be the head of Jaguar saying what do you mean This ad with no cars and all these gender neutral, weird people with strange kind of hair is a good idea. We think it's genius. But again, this has been on the front page of The Eyes for a week now or thereabouts. And Wayne Swine, you would think with someone who had the nouse of a former treasurer, a very well seasoned politician or you know, elbowed his way up through the Labor Party in the awe what and could have you know, you could have just nipped this in the bud on day one. You still have the same thing. You still have to make your unreserved apology. And so yeah, you haven't actually won any kind of political skin. You haven't say any political skin. All you've done is given yourself a week of hell that you didn't need. I just find it very strange he didn't just come out straight away yet. Absolutely we're going to you know, root and branch review to make sure this never happens again.
Speaker 6: Ter At this point those affected would be like, mate, you can stuff your apology.
Speaker 5: It took you this long for a simple sorry.
Speaker 1: The apology didn't not take as long as the death payments did to drive to the greeting families. How's that going from?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, If that's what we're trying for to talk him back up, it's.
Speaker 5: A low bar.
Speaker 6: Also on the front page of the Oars, a rock shock Parts Parts boss goes Hope climbs the Allen government's destruction of the state's globally significant rock climbing industry over cultural Heritage Bands has cost the Parts Victoria boss his job and forced an independent review into the organization's failures and future. For five years, Parks Victoria chief executive Matthew Jackson rubber stamped a secretive process that destroyed Victoria's reputation as a world destination for rock climbing and pitted First Nations people against outdoors enthusiasts.
Speaker 5: Now the Environment Minister.
Speaker 6: Steve Demopolis is acting all embarrassed over this, but I don't buy that for a second. This is exactly the kind of move that this Victorian government would have rubber stamped themselves had it been up to them.
Speaker 5: Let's not kid ourselves.
Speaker 1: If it had it worked out, they would have been claiming complete responsibility for it. Exactly the fact that it was a complete shambolet disaster leads its blank and you know it doesn't even notice the bullet in the back of his head as he's jumping to the sharks. Let's get to the Townsville bulletin now, because this is, without a doubt, my favorite story in the country. Yes, he's back the mayor of Townsville, where he belongs on the front page of the board. And when I say he's back.
Speaker 2: Left there all along.
Speaker 1: This is just a great one. So as we know, we told you last night, this guy's is pulling in more than seventy grand a year to do nothing, to just be suspended while he's investigated for his various allegedly misleading the allegedly misleading the voters and his counselors and the council and the rate pay to everyone. But I just have the headline here explosive spray over mayors paid holiday falsifier must go. Doesn't that have a just a great kind of tent pole Baptist evangelical zeal about it? Command you leave this moder butter your evil leagion and brethren.
Speaker 3: On the other side, the people demanding that the false, the people demanding the falsified must go. In the tent pentecostal meeting that you are reenacting is the state opposition, which just a couple of weeks ago, were the state government decided even Miles could have done this, his government could have done a couple of weeks ago. Now you guys should have sacked him rather than keeping him on on paidgation.
Speaker 1: Misleader.
Speaker 3: And on that note, we go to a break.
Speaker 2: But when we come back.
Speaker 3: A person investigated by the police for a hate crime and what did they do played a Bob Marley record.
Speaker 2: It's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 3: Just when you thought the British police couldn't get any more ridiculous with their investigation of hate crimes, it gets more ridiculous. You remember last week we talked about a couple of nine year olds who were investigated by police after the school reported they were calling each other retard in the playground. Another kid was investigated when she said that her friend smelt like fish. Police were called to investigate at the primary school. Well, it gets even more ridiculous than that. Can you believe it? Two neighbors had been at each other for quite a while, squabbling over things that neighbors squabble over.
Speaker 2: One was white, one was black.
Speaker 3: Well, the white neighbor decided to play some reggae music, some Bob Marley music. The black neighbor took a fence, saying the only reason the white neighbor was playing Bob Marley was to mock her for the fact that she was black.
Speaker 2: She called the police.
Speaker 3: The police arrived at a big investigation and recorded a non crime hate incident had been committed.
Speaker 2: If you were going to taunt your.
Speaker 3: Neighbor, the last thing you would play is Bob Marley, because everyone knows when you play Bob Marley, everything's going to be all right. Mocking your black neighbor, that's paying tribute to black culture and black music, Bob Marley.
Speaker 1: A white woman playing reggae, playing Bob Marley. If she was really into reggae, she'd be playing Ub forty.
Speaker 2: We both know exactly.
Speaker 3: But this is this is just out of control where you now have to double guess what CD am I going to put on?
Speaker 2: What track on Spotify?
Speaker 3: Am I going to select them? Will it offend someone? And we will end up with the police off.
Speaker 6: The worst part of it is the police actually came instead of laughing this woman off the line and did indeed record a non crime hate incident. Yes that is literally the technical term over there, they call it a NCCHI.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what so there's been no crime, but there has been.
Speaker 6: Some hate, but that hate isn't breaking any laws whatever.
Speaker 5: To a really cool story.
Speaker 6: Now in Tibet, a worker really tired goes to bed. Guess what the CCTV camera capture. This guy is out like a light when a bear just ambles in to his obviously very tight space.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 6: The worker wakes up, realizes what's going on, does a little scoochlett to get out of here, grabs his phone first because you know, hashtag priorities, and sprints out of the room.
Speaker 5: The ban doesn't seem to care that he's there at all.
Speaker 1: That that super Tibetan shop worker startled by bear. That's incredibly offensive. He's not startled at all. He's cool as it's like I'm not again. It's almost like his phone.
Speaker 5: There's no startled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Canada very very well kept his cool, got his phone. That's all.
Speaker 3: We got time for tonight, but don't go anywhere. Coming up in just a moment is three dependent.
Speaker 2: He show