Speaker 1: Good morning and happen for Friday.
Speaker 2: Morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Hello, what an office this morning.
Speaker 3: It's magnificence.
Speaker 1: You get used to this.
Speaker 4: We are live from Adelaide Oval for gather around with pretty much half of Melbourne descending on this fine city.
Speaker 5: My goodness me, it is full of people from Melbourne Adelaide. The airport was leaving Melbourne the airport, can I say coming in arriving in Adelaide is today with such a vibe there was like marching band.
Speaker 2: There was like there was a bund.
Speaker 1: We don't have a bund in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that's always there is a gather round, babe. I'm guessing it's a gather round thick like Adelaide should always.
Speaker 2: Have a bund.
Speaker 6: And then walking around this fine city last night to the football from the football.
Speaker 2: What a vibe people everywhere gather around is awesome.
Speaker 5: It's it's going to be a fun little afternoon for us, a fun day. But we are sitting at adelaideful where we're sort of like level one with not a single soul behind us on this beautiful oval.
Speaker 3: We're behind the goals, right behind the goals.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's victory. Still in the air from last night.
Speaker 3: I thought it was beer.
Speaker 1: What a game last night?
Speaker 5: Farm or Adelaide supporters and Cats supporters at the ground last night, but gea Cats, So.
Speaker 6: We ran into because you and I came along. We'll talk about a bit later, but wow, wow.
Speaker 4: I thought I still had it last night. I was on the mean streets of Adelaide and these two girls were out.
Speaker 1: Where were you girls on the street?
Speaker 2: We came to the footy. What did you do? Hang out with some girls on the snow.
Speaker 4: I was walking to the pub to meet Brody and the team and these girls were like eh, and I thought.
Speaker 1: Still got it?
Speaker 4: And then they go, you have your good evening, sir, And I'm like, oh god, I'm not a sur That makes me sound so old.
Speaker 1: What made you for the service?
Speaker 2: We still had it?
Speaker 1: People spoke to me, Lauren.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty happy with that. Hey, we got a lot of guests joining us this morning as well.
Speaker 5: Do We've got chack reewalk coming up shortly talking about the Mrighty Tigers. Friend of the show, Tom Hawkins Maddens, Oh my god, what can you imagine?
Speaker 2: And how excited she's going.
Speaker 7: To be.
Speaker 6: Back to back wins for the Cats and a big one here in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Amazing Tommy here working, Let him come down here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, he was working last night. I think he was working action last night and I think he's doing commentary for one of the games, special comments, some such thing, those things that footballers do when they retire about football more on television somewhere.
Speaker 6: We've also got a Melbourne Premiership player here, Alex neil Bourne is going to join us.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 6: He played last night for the Crows. He's given Melbourne the ass and he's now a Crow, but was on the losing side last night.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I went to the merch shop last night. The merchant.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll tell you about that in a bit. I actually went to buy you something and.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, it screams you.
Speaker 2: It's great. I've got took a photo of it.
Speaker 1: It's on one of those hats with the colored wig coming out.
Speaker 5: I mean there was one of those, but it's not dicimp perfectly honest.
Speaker 2: The Adelaidians have gone mad on the forging.
Speaker 1: We'll cover that a little bit later on.
Speaker 2: And we've got beautiful weather in Melbourne as well for the weekend.
Speaker 4: Lady Gaga tickets up for Grabs. Gagas come in Melbourne early December. She's going to be playing and today when you hear Lady Garga give us a ring and win.
Speaker 1: It is that easy.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it. It's sharing to kick things off. Welcome to your Friday morning. It is gather Around and we are live from Adelaide Oval. You're on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well. You're listening to number one hundred. Good morning Melbourne. We are live from Adelaide Oval for gather Around.
Speaker 2: Our show, look at that gras.
Speaker 1: Our show.
Speaker 4: The rest of Melbourne has descended on Adelaide this weekend.
Speaker 1: The airport was moving well.
Speaker 8: The look.
Speaker 2: I love going to the airport.
Speaker 5: I get a sense of thrill and adventure whenever I'm on the way to Tullamarine, where I think you're a bit the same. Clint with Jason's your worst nightmare, not.
Speaker 1: Not all parts of it. I quite liked your experience carry on.
Speaker 2: The carry on was well.
Speaker 4: I think whoever said guys we're boarding, we need to go. I think we left the lounge too early. I think we could have stayed.
Speaker 1: You never want to leave the lounge too early.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, guys, I haven't paid names yet.
Speaker 2: We don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 5: You know, there's a fine line between leaving too early and being that guy that gainst Paige. But we did go to the airport. We got a bunch of listeners here with us. Well they're not here with us right now, they're actually enjoying their sleep in.
Speaker 2: But that was cool.
Speaker 5: Got to meet lots of our listeners who will be catching up with a little lady today Clinton. I walked onto the plane thinking, where are we sitting? Three of us in a row like three little ducks? Who got the middle seat?
Speaker 1: Did you tell Lauren the child got the middle seat?
Speaker 2: Classic middle child?
Speaker 1: Did you Lauren? What you did in the lounge? What did I do in the lounge?
Speaker 5: En?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 6: I just thought i'd show some initiative and I'd start introducing myself to our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 6: Met a couple here, a couple, a couple of boys over here. And then I went, I'll go and speak to old mate and his mate sitting over here.
Speaker 3: They're having a great time so being on a beer. Oh they went with us? Were they?
Speaker 1: What did you say? What did you said, get a welcome along.
Speaker 3: Good to have a trip on Nova in the a f L.
Speaker 1: They probably thought, what's he's working the room now?
Speaker 2: Bloody he was working the room last night.
Speaker 5: We came to the footy last night, the Cat's Adelaide game, and he just kept saying.
Speaker 2: We're all gathering around, gathering around. He just kept saying it, come on, gather around everyone.
Speaker 4: Can I do a shout out to the hostes as well? On the flight last night, we were those people, but they looked after us. They were great. I got someone's handbag caught in the wheel of the trolley.
Speaker 1: Your handbag. No, No, didn't you see what I seen?
Speaker 2: The trolley did stay next.
Speaker 4: It's still a long time, the drinks trolley. It's still caught on a bag. I accidentally kicked a kick like a handbag out into the and then it was caught on the wheel.
Speaker 2: But you know, you got to keep oh scene.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh god, those body.
Speaker 5: You also got denied service for another drink because they said it was responsible service of alcohol.
Speaker 1: Sorry sir, that was all of us things that wasn't just me.
Speaker 5: Also said for us, are you drinking and taking tablet? You're taking a panet off when they offered you a gin and tonic and she said you drinking taking tablets at the same time, you're going to be table Would she say you can be tabletop dancing on this flight soon? Sir? I said, have you seen the size of him and the size of the trade tables, because that is not logistically possible.
Speaker 1: When the trade table will break along before he can dance on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, she wouldn't send you another reponsible service.
Speaker 1: Well done. We are live from Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 4: Oh there's one other situation.
Speaker 1: You're going to love this. The aircorne in my room stuck on heating.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's why you're in shorts.
Speaker 1: Look like the beach.
Speaker 3: You can be burnt.
Speaker 1: Actually, I felt like a bloody chicken.
Speaker 2: Actually, what is your definition of heating? What's it? Stuck on? That's our that's our idea of.
Speaker 4: Like I stayed in the desert last night. We are from Adelaide Oval for gather around. All the footy fans have descended on Adelaide for this weekend big match tonight. The Swan's take on my pies.
Speaker 5: Mighty pies, that's right. Have you seen the stadium they've built in the Barossa Valley. No, oh my gosh, because what the premie are here in Adelaide?
Speaker 1: Off like a temporary job?
Speaker 5: No, after last years gather around, there's like an overladd in the Barossa and they said we need that for next year. And they feel like a stand, like a stadium for this year's gather round.
Speaker 2: Two games being played in the Brossa.
Speaker 1: But it's permanent and it's he meets the best of grapes.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here?
Speaker 6: By the way, just Peter malinowskis the premier year. He walked into the function last night, Rockster Rockston. He's an absolute rooster.
Speaker 2: And I call him Adam Ramon.
Speaker 1: That's a hard note to say after you that a few too below.
Speaker 5: That's a football player, Adam. He's like, it's Peter Robin. Who else did we see last night? The handsome, the handsome Adelaide player.
Speaker 1: Tony Madra ready to Tony Madra.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: And I was like that can't possibly Peter Tony Madre have on my wall as a young girl?
Speaker 1: Does he still got it? He still got it? Yeah? How were they? Because we bought a whole still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you looked different when you know we're we.
Speaker 1: Just needed dolore and to go back to his prime.
Speaker 4: Tony I was like, oh my god, I love. There's a couple of mums that are on the trip with us because we've been giving out tickets last few weeks and we brought a whole bunch of friends of the show and in the ladies excited they go, yeah, yeah, we're single mums. And then they pause and they go, sorry, we're just mums. We're not single.
Speaker 1: Player in here before in my wedding ring just slipped straight off.
Speaker 5: Oh it happens when you go to Adelaide and you're bump into Tony Mandra You never.
Speaker 3: Know you know what did happen? Yes, of course school holidays.
Speaker 6: Jason, Yeah, you know it very very well with three boys at home.
Speaker 3: Well yesterday, what.
Speaker 5: Do you think he's in Adelaide on his own. I'm a single dad.
Speaker 2: I'm not single.
Speaker 1: Wedding slips off the finger.
Speaker 6: I was a single dad of two yesterday, my two beautiful nephews.
Speaker 1: Anxiety. Yes, but I will point out he was lifting to charge for an hour and a half.
Speaker 5: Well, shut up, But do you know when you get lift in charge of someone else's baby.
Speaker 2: A minute feels like an hour when.
Speaker 6: There are two small kids in your do I say possession, yeah, possession.
Speaker 2: In your care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you got to find things to do.
Speaker 6: I thought went to Netflix first and foremost, but they sild have got straight under the screen straight up.
Speaker 4: They're not our kids to all my problems now.
Speaker 2: So Leo and Needa Howell.
Speaker 3: Four and yeah, so they're at.
Speaker 6: That age where they're sort of well, they're very much into everything, especially the youngest.
Speaker 1: Question what time of day was this? This is around?
Speaker 3: This is lunchtime? The younger still hadn't had lunch?
Speaker 1: Is the youngest still have a nap?
Speaker 4: I don't know about that, not in that one hour.
Speaker 1: And if he tell us a nap during the day to be around that time or.
Speaker 6: That's not that he did. Instruction wise, My instruction was look after the children.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's school holidays, so the rules can go out the windows.
Speaker 6: Well they did when I took them for a walk Lauren and we went down to Olive and Richmond and just not far from me, Swan Street, went down to Big Creek, took the took the dog for walkers, said let's take Pep.
Speaker 1: For a walk.
Speaker 2: Oh, they would love that.
Speaker 1: The swings, the big parking.
Speaker 6: Well we went past past the park because Leo's eyes lit up when we walked past the Gami's on Swan Street, which is the.
Speaker 5: Moregle road where you get all you can eat buffet.
Speaker 2: You would like that better.
Speaker 6: This is the Garmis with the press cars, with the Ferraris.
Speaker 2: Same family, different ventures.
Speaker 6: Maybe the best of both worlds again, fast cars and fast food. So Leo's obsessed, you know, his little face pressed up against the window. Well, Uncle Clint is in his gym finery. He's active where he's got a tank top.
Speaker 2: On, tank top, tank top public.
Speaker 6: Yes, with my arms out, with you shorts on?
Speaker 1: Yes, pants on again? The other day, I mean, do you reckon?
Speaker 2: He was just Fancy's tank top and he was walking a beagle.
Speaker 4: He thought, you know, with two at the playground, family two young boys.
Speaker 6: Anyway, the lady from the showroom sees cute little Leo face pressed up against the glass and says, come in.
Speaker 3: Come in in your tank top of the Ferrari showroom.
Speaker 1: What do you at the dog?
Speaker 6: He came in as well, didn't he? He came into the showroom the dog didn get the car. Please tell me to put them.
Speaker 3: My goodness, it was Were you nervous? Was I nervous about the dog?
Speaker 1: Weing? About the pause?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: They were obsessed with the badge.
Speaker 1: Badge, I kept touching. I'm not getting hands off. Did you say they're pause?
Speaker 3: The pause?
Speaker 5: Screaming just echoed through the.
Speaker 1: What did you buy? Well?
Speaker 6: The beautiful lady went to find us some stickers and Ferrari stickers for the boys. All she could find was two Ferrari spark plugs.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is, spark pluck.
Speaker 1: The boys went home with a Ferrari a piece of her car, like the engine, the.
Speaker 2: Injured, the engine, the engine spark plug. Why did you just stand up and stand so close to me just then?
Speaker 3: Anyway, here's me you can see here, here's me with the with the dog.
Speaker 1: In the spark. You would never have seen one of those, would you?
Speaker 5: And he's wait, who's taking the photos of you and the Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Did you get the way from Ferrari to take Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course I.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god, your shorts matched the dog harness.
Speaker 9: Our next gather round guest is legend of the Richmond Footy club Jack Reward.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's part of the Fox forty experts and we just found out he's about to pull a twelve hour shift tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Wow, morning Jack, good, good, it's great. At the time difference three minutes.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you guys have probably got in last night, yehs.
Speaker 1: Everything out.
Speaker 5: I was so confused because we're on are an adult, So this was me this morning, lying in bed at for it. If we're on air at five thirty Adelaide time, that's six o'clock moment time. I was trying to backtrack what time we had to leave the hotel to get here.
Speaker 4: No, I like you in the car last night, Lauren goes, Will I need to be up at five thirty?
Speaker 1: No, no, you need to be here here at And you don't.
Speaker 10: Know what's clip service obviously modern technology phones flip yeah, yeah, I love Adelaide. There's so many great things here. It's probably the one down of the thirty thirty minutes making hour or make at the same.
Speaker 5: Or not?
Speaker 2: Is tough? Isn't it tricky? Tricky? Hey? What does gatherund look like for you?
Speaker 10: I was working last night obviously the Adelaide Crow supporters a gas where we are today, what a great studio left it very disappointed? Not happy, No, not happy, You're not happy with the umpiring again. There's a fantastic mark down here in this pocket by Oli Dempsey, which a lot of people don't think was a Mark but they're wrong. It was definitely a Mark Clint and a bit of a cruisy one today. But the Fox crew will be back here tonight. I'm calling a big game Collinwood, Sydney, and then Super Saturday here as well. So Super Saturday is the big new addition to Foxes broadcast.
Speaker 2: Are you enjoying it?
Speaker 5: Because it's so different and like, I've got friends who have transitioned from foty into the media. It's a huge change and some people get really overwhelmed with it.
Speaker 2: Are you loving it?
Speaker 1: No, I am loving it.
Speaker 10: I probably had a little bit of a different apprenticeship working in media. I mean started in twenty sixteen while still playing on AFL three sixty and have developed some relationships and sort of knew everyone, and then by the time I retired, I think it was a bit of a given that I was going to go and work at Fox.
Speaker 1: But it's been great. It's been really good. Fun.
Speaker 10: Football clubs are great fun to work out and actually coming away to gather around.
Speaker 1: There's thirty fox staff here.
Speaker 10: We've left gered hearly back in Melbourne's to make sure the ship doesn't sit back there. But it's been good fun because last night myself, Matt Hill, David King and Mark Howard who called together on a Thursday night, got the opportunity to sit down and just have a beer after that and actually talk about footy.
Speaker 1: So it was good.
Speaker 2: Has Matt Hill been calling football a long time or have I just now I've finally just noticed. So he's the guy that calls the Melbourne he's back to me.
Speaker 10: He's back to Melbourne today to study for Saturdays, heading up to Bendy Go to call the races. Then he's back here again on Sunday to call the.
Speaker 1: Foot Wow, he's flying more than you.
Speaker 10: As we walked out of the ground last night, because there's a beautiful walk back over to the city here.
Speaker 1: It's it's an incredible thing to do. It's nearly like a pilgrimage. It's great. There's Eddie Betts, there's a few other supers. Was there.
Speaker 10: Everyone wants to talk to Matt Hill. I know the people's person and a very good fellow.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is, if you if you know you want an ego boost, don't walk with him.
Speaker 1: It's going to give me. I think everyone wants a tip, yeah, more than anything else.
Speaker 10: But he's been fantastic to call with him and been fantastic on Fox.
Speaker 6: All right, Jack, do you remember the debate we had yesterday when we were talking about we were spinning through the guests we had on.
Speaker 1: The show out today about the surname.
Speaker 6: Now, this is a this is a debate that has transcended the years, Jack, and I want you to settle it for us. The surname I've always said Revolt, Am I.
Speaker 10: Wrong, that's right, not Rewolt Revolt. It's a German heritage name. So the w's got.
Speaker 4: A bit of a It's just a bit like Carl Stephanovic was calling the PM.
Speaker 3: A little spin on it.
Speaker 1: Hey, can you do me a favorite? Jack? Can? I can you?
Speaker 4: Can you just look that way for me and then sort of just look over your shoulder like you're doing a reverse park Because I'm not sure if it was you or your cousin, but one of you dogged me in the car park at g Sack and took a parking spot.
Speaker 1: No, I don't go to g Sacks. Your cousin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'm not going to throw him under the bus. But so like there was a parking and trying to get a parking spot at g Sacks of bloody night fire up at well, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't sounds like you can fight up a complete stranger.
Speaker 1: You No, this guy backed in. I'm like, I was what sort of car? Was it? A white fool wall drive? That's not me. I'm not saying it was the other party.
Speaker 6: But the Tigers are in a rebuilding face Jack obviously, but do you.
Speaker 1: Go full clean? What are we doing, Tigers? Let's stalk Tigers.
Speaker 6: If you're not rebuilding and you're still a bit ship, what are you floundering?
Speaker 1: That's Melbourne? That's Melbourne. Melbourne's foundering.
Speaker 6: But the Tigers, there're some some green shoots. Could you say one of them is your favorite?
Speaker 1: Los he?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is he the new Dustin? Sam Lawla, Sam Lawla, the new Dusty. He's got fans up and.
Speaker 10: About the way he plays is very Dustin Martin. Like he's already looks like he might have a bond sponsorship.
Speaker 2: Very fully following the fo steps.
Speaker 1: Over there that the tackle for a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a misdemeanor in the opening in the first game, the shore, well, I don't know he's now when he's gone.
Speaker 2: String didn't want a VP L.
Speaker 1: Look at it's it's there if you if you look.
Speaker 2: It is really old.
Speaker 1: Like you know, I loved went on the work Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: You can look at it is his first game. The poor feet.
Speaker 10: Dominated too, so it was a part of I think it's a part of a goal celebration.
Speaker 4: Actually, we're gonna chat about Noia as well. Came through overnight the news, Yeah, not playing it. Yeah, so they've called it overnight, they said they're not going to play him now on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Right call.
Speaker 10: Definitely the right call. Yeah, And to be honest, it's interesting that Tigers let this bubble along for so.
Speaker 1: Like it shouldn't have been on the sheet to play anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would have loved to have seen them come out early on and say, look, he wasn't going to play this week because it's just stayed in the media for all the wrong reasons, and then you get a whole bunch of other people grabbing hold of it sort of not politicizing it but actually using it to make comments. So look, it's an unfortunate situation for all parties involved, and I think it maybe could have been held so it could have been handled a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we live and learn. Jack, thanks coming in nice and ear this morning.
Speaker 3: With the time pulling a twelve hour shift tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you do for twelve hours?
Speaker 4: Because Lauren bitch is about the three hours. Imagine doing twelve you guys to a crap for three hours. You just got to do it for twelve.
Speaker 1: And we'll be sitting at the hill here this stage, here, at.
Speaker 10: At this end of the other Indigrad and you're sitting on the hill and they're on the cans at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 2: What is the same.
Speaker 1: It's just an absolute.
Speaker 4: So less we go least we got Justin Bieber to throw to do now and then give us a break.
Speaker 1: You're on for twelve hours, Okay, I'm looking forward to It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It is a great week.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: Gather around to adelaide.
Speaker 4: You can watch all the action on Fox forty h Jack, thanks very much coming down this morning, mate.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. Lovely to be here. Ko Sports has got you covered as well.
Speaker 4: We are live from Adelaide Oval for gather around. Good morning Melbourne. It's just going on twelve to seven.
Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne. Shut it up.
Speaker 4: We are live from Adelaide Oval for gather around. This is fast becoming my favorite weekend on the footy calendar.
Speaker 1: The vibe here.
Speaker 2: Is it's amazing.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, Adelaide has turned on the weather and for those at home playing along at home Melbourne, it is thirty degrees thirty degrees twenty nine, twenty nine, twenty nine all week in.
Speaker 2: Melbourne this week as well.
Speaker 5: We get our weather from Adelaide, So what happens here we're bringing across to Melbourne. So for weather here in South Australia and it will continue.
Speaker 4: Felt like half of Melbourne was at the airport yesterday coming down here.
Speaker 5: Well at the airport is a scene anyway with gather around school holidays, like it was all happening.
Speaker 4: But look we are going to be joined by a heaper special guest through out the morning, back Madden coming off a nice little win for last night.
Speaker 5: God should we check, We better do a welfare check, make sure she's up and about.
Speaker 2: She might have had a few wines celebrate.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she might have a sore hand. And Tommy Hawkins. Tom Hawkins is in after eight o'clock this morning as well.
Speaker 6: Guys, there were plenty of people right now around Melbourne either going to or leaving the gym.
Speaker 3: This is jim Our.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know it is jim Ow.
Speaker 2: I'm a lunchtime gym.
Speaker 1: I'm a morning a morning morning.
Speaker 2: When you work every.
Speaker 6: Morning well sorry post post our show, like mid morning, yeah, mid morning?
Speaker 2: If you didn't work breakfast hours, would you.
Speaker 3: Go to the gym seven am? Stars?
Speaker 1: You were going before the show? Yeah, when I was doing the Oh my god, that's men's health.
Speaker 2: Tell us again about that Clinton.
Speaker 1: You've got any more time?
Speaker 2: Now you're going at like three am or something ridiculous.
Speaker 6: I was, yeah, getting there at four for a little gym workout pre show. But there's something to keep your eye out for if you're hitting the gym, and especially if you are a so called jim bro.
Speaker 2: What's a gym bro?
Speaker 1: Jim bro? You know the.
Speaker 6: Bros wearing those slinky singlets like what shoulders?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine's more tank top.
Speaker 1: I feel intimidated at the gym. Well, fair enough, you've got you.
Speaker 3: You've got to get in there before you can feel intimidated.
Speaker 2: Walking around asking the Jim Bros. Where's the cafeteria? Is there a restaurant?
Speaker 1: Bending machinery bro. Just the times I'm going there, Like, it's just it's like playing golf.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, if you don't know what you're doing, then people are waiting.
Speaker 5: And there's a bit of a click at the gym, so they when the regulars know each other, and.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh god, yeah.
Speaker 3: And more often than not, there are a few.
Speaker 6: Fitness influences around the traps at various dreams.
Speaker 2: Some gyms are banned now. You can't film in there.
Speaker 3: Or take photos selfies because the thing is.
Speaker 2: While you're doing your TikTok, if you're doing your.
Speaker 5: Well, you're lifting lifting heavy weights. Someone's like, I'm in the background learning how to do a push up, and I don't want to go viral for being the girl in the background.
Speaker 2: Clint knew.
Speaker 5: We did a class together, but it only broke my nose trying to do a push up.
Speaker 2: My little arms couldn't hold me up.
Speaker 1: I know you were you were struggling.
Speaker 2: You actually laughed out loud.
Speaker 1: You're at least in active.
Speaker 6: Because there is a trend which is emerging in gym's right the way around Melbourne whereby blokes more than women wearing the gym bros are wearing denim.
Speaker 3: They are to lift.
Speaker 6: Weights now this or g like in jeans, jeans as in jeans.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing double denim today. I look like a professional.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 3: We could hit the gym.
Speaker 1: I'm not a gene You can't.
Speaker 5: Wear You're not a geen guy anyway. You can't wear jeans, toy, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: How do you bend and snap?
Speaker 6: Did you know once upon a time back out of them strong men once donned Marino wool pants to lift weights. Strong man was that was where it all harked from. And then they graduated to denim, so they used to lift weights in dinner. And there is now, all of a sudden, the fit the fitfluencer is now doing their various workouts.
Speaker 2: I need to see it.
Speaker 4: Jeans to the pub last night just for one beer, and when I got home, I imagine it'd be the same feeling as when you rip the bra off as you walk into the house.
Speaker 1: Was those jeanes came straight off. You do like a tight jean though, yeah.
Speaker 5: I do like a tight jean, but just also peeling off like Jim, like those legging gym tights when you take them off.
Speaker 1: Like That's the other the intimidation that everyone's in their bloody designer and it all matches and it's very expensive.
Speaker 5: And no, no, I mean I wish that's on the list.
Speaker 6: I will not go to the gym because of the active where I'm so intimidated.
Speaker 4: That's I want to bring up and go. We'll provide active wear that I have to come up with another reason. Hey, we are lying from alade Oval this morning for gather round heap a special guest still to come.
Speaker 1: This stadium is incredible.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful. Adelaide have turned it on. This stadium is gorgeous. As I mentioned, there's three stadiums up here for gathering and that you can you can explore. I think today I think we should probably go and see the one in the Brossovlley.
Speaker 3: To rearch research.
Speaker 2: Perpose and then see if there might be any cellar doors near it.
Speaker 1: They just asked us if we want to go down on the on the grass on the turf. Who asked the people from the stadium people.
Speaker 2: I don't see any people.
Speaker 1: The stadium people.
Speaker 2: Can I'll go down?
Speaker 6: I asked, have a shot, have a kick or we might need to put you in the goal square because you're not going to double.
Speaker 2: I'll have to break into song if I'm down there. Can you see to have a stadium?
Speaker 1: I wishould get you to do.
Speaker 5: I'll do the national anthem before you Tina Arena, move over Lauren's arena today.
Speaker 4: From Adelaide Oval. This is Jason Lawrence. You are on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well. We're going to thanks to our mates. It's already express and what an office this morning. We are live from Adelaide Oval for gather Round.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, jays, can I just say we're so lucky to be here. We've got this whole stadium to ourselves.
Speaker 2: To the echo gather hello, literally, we've got.
Speaker 5: This whole incredible stadium to ourselves.
Speaker 8: The summi.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. It's a bit spooky now actually that you've done that. But the sun is rising.
Speaker 5: It is stunning, and I know there are so many people in Melbourne that have thought about going to gather our maybe haven't made it this year, but in all honesty, think about it for next year. Put it in your calendar because it is a really cool, spectacular event.
Speaker 6: It is a bit spooky, isn't it like that movie where they're trapped in the department store over.
Speaker 2: A shop girl? Was it called shop girl?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, it was called shop Girls? And all the mannequins came to life by caulds.
Speaker 1: Come the lot. Yeah, I miss that at the moment. You must see, I must see it a bit of a warning for anyone going to gather around.
Speaker 4: There is a gentleman who is in hot water. He's a lawyer and he has lost his job because he claimed he was not well, called in sick. The boss then discovered he did the old out of office to well, no, this was actually from last year's gathering, but it's gone to fair work and went to court.
Speaker 1: He was fighting to keep this just serious. If it goes to fair work, well.
Speaker 2: Nah, I reckon.
Speaker 5: People take things to fair work sometimes they must see some things.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: And this guy got on the email on Monday saying still not feeling very well. But then photos emerged on social of him at last year's gather round.
Speaker 1: Oh silly what he uploaded to his.
Speaker 2: You got to go dark on the socials and you.
Speaker 1: Let everyone know as well, Hey guys, no photos of me on the socials.
Speaker 5: We should hire him. He sounds like our kind of person. He's got a new job yet.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need a show lawyer.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do.
Speaker 2: We probably could do with one.
Speaker 6: I got sprung once, so I wagged school and I got sprung on the telecast at the Spring Racing Carnival. And my brother was watching, and he saw me in the mountain around the mountain yard, and he buddy dubbed on me, didn't he brother?
Speaker 3: Did Ryan Always? I was in year ten and you're in the mountain yard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just just hanging around the edge because it was a child on the telecast I got sprung.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's the thing with social media as well. Go to you go to a pub and you're in the background.
Speaker 2: You've got to go dark on the GRAM. If you're going to call in.
Speaker 4: Sick thirteen twenty four ten, where were you when you were supposed to be working? Let us know the story you rolled out and let us know what you actually did instead of work thirteen time.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've all tried it.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We got free stuff to go and return. I got to turn it on the Cogan vouchers up for grabs thanks to our mates at Cogan. Coogan dot com helps you get what you want for less. That is clicking awesome. Where were you when you were supposed to be working? Lauren doesn't strike me as someone who would call in sick. If she was not sick, I she'll just tell you I'm not coming.
Speaker 5: We first got a job on radio and we're supposed to have a big conference with all the possums, and I didn't realize it was on zoom because I don't know, probably didn't read the memo and everyone was on the camera. We just got the job, and I had said I couldn't come because I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why you said you had me.
Speaker 5: So it was all on zoom and then they're like, Lauren, turned your camera and turn your camera on.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I was going to form my sworda and I turned it on and.
Speaker 5: I was at the basin at the hair so I've been getting my color washed out, and I was like, hi, guys.
Speaker 2: I did have an meeting just with my hairdresser.
Speaker 4: Yes, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Where were you when you were supposed to be working? Give us a call and over Good morning Melbourne. Just go on twenty seven past seven away alive from Adelaide Oval for gather around. I'll tell you what we'll talk about an office this morning. You can check it out on socials where we are set up.
Speaker 3: But my goodness and Jace, Lauren.
Speaker 6: And I have got you a gift which we'll get too shortly because I'm very excited about you around gift.
Speaker 2: We gathered around the merchandise.
Speaker 6: Do you give me some merch and just promises you'll wear it today?
Speaker 1: I'll wear it tonight.
Speaker 2: It's very Jase Hawkins.
Speaker 1: We're coming back here for the pies.
Speaker 5: It's really cool when there's big events and like people do collabs for me.
Speaker 2: You know, merch is cool now, it's very cool, very cool.
Speaker 6: You're gonna promises you'll wear it? Is it piece merch or gather our mer We'll tell you soon.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't let me wear the wizard had on the plane yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well it's oversized.
Speaker 1: That's why opening the oversized back. This coming from the guy and checked in luggage to.
Speaker 5: Go to stop both of you stopped. Hang on, don't even get me started. We're going to talk about this later. I need have an interview, don't you Nearly got me on the no fly list, so I have to catch the bus home from Adelaide.
Speaker 4: You were very reminiscent of those people on the news having the blow up on the Barley flight.
Speaker 5: Also, have a look on our socials. Someone someone put their seatback around a one hour flight, an absolute turn and if you want to see Clint's reaction and possibly my reaction, seriously.
Speaker 2: And go forth and enjoy our Jason Lauren social, Hey.
Speaker 4: We are lying from Adelaide Oval for gather around and made news. A lawyer in Melbourne got the ass because E snuck off to gather around last year.
Speaker 1: Pulled a sickie. However, popped up in socials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta go down.
Speaker 5: But remember those guys that skipped the border and went to Perth for the football and then posted it all over.
Speaker 3: So they were in the dressing room celebrating with the book Jail Time Prison.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, mock bells down at Westfield. What's going on in the world?
Speaker 2: The world?
Speaker 4: We're truly mad hey, Thurday twenty four ten. We're talking pulling a sickie. Where were you when you were supposed to be working?
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones, all right, let's go to Adam. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 11: So back in my younger days, I was working as a space back remains unmanned and I went to one of those daytime concerts, you know, the all day once and festival festival. Yep, let's say that. And I told my boss I was sick, crooks couldn't come in. It happened to be on a Friday, and then the next day, on Saturday, there was a big photo of me on the mospit wo.
Speaker 2: Oh in the newspaper or something.
Speaker 4: You know how there's those there's the photographers that go to the concert social festival photographer.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, front page of the New Zealand heralds.
Speaker 5: Ah awesome and how did you explain that one better?
Speaker 8: Just anoon.
Speaker 4: Sw Thurtay twenty four ten is our number. Where were you when you're supposed to be working?
Speaker 2: Richard?
Speaker 1: Were you get I?
Speaker 7: Hey going it's not me? It was one of my colleagues who worked for me called in sick on voicemail, left a message is the whole sob story, but forgot to hang up, went back to their friends in the.
Speaker 11: Room and you do it? Did you do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's party. That's so we left it all.
Speaker 5: And how much joy did you have playing that voicemail to him and watching his face?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, you know it was great. But you know we had to have that conversation when they came back next week.
Speaker 2: But let him you let him have it.
Speaker 1: Well done, You're good, very good. Boss also kept his job.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he kept his job, Richard.
Speaker 2: I want a job with you.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. We're talking. What were you doing when you're supposed to be working? I don't I don't want to go into names.
Speaker 1: You might as well.
Speaker 4: Now, no, no, no, I'm going to protect I have been told one of the blokes on this trip, because you know how we bought a whole heap. He has laid the groundwork. He works in the marketing world, let's just say that. And his boss thinks he is at home with the flu, so he is specifically requested he does not.
Speaker 1: Get any photos.
Speaker 2: Was he a winner? Or is he a winner? Get a plus?
Speaker 1: Was a winner?
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell.
Speaker 5: You a.
Speaker 2: Bet I pick him. As soon as I walk into lunch, I'll be.
Speaker 4: Like, no, you'll pick him because we'll all go let's get a phone out lunch and some blake.
Speaker 5: We'll just move to the right a sudden urge to run to the bathroom. Hey, just cinda, good morning. What happens to you?
Speaker 2: Was it you that lies?
Speaker 13: Good morning? Guys loved the show. No, it was not me who lied. It was my friend. Back in twenty twelve, he asked me to go see Queen Elizabeth. I'm at Federation Square.
Speaker 2: Queen. Did a queen come in?
Speaker 13: The real queen, the real Queen of England? Yes, So she came in twenty twelve to fed Square and he said you want to go because I wasn't working and he knew it. So I was like, yeah, sure, that sounds like fun. Turned out I got to shake her hand. He was like, oh my god, you shook her hand and he sort of slapped her hands and then we were on the news.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I've been banking.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't waste it on going to bed Square just checking out the chocolate budder.
Speaker 4: There she's going that pop across the road transport she might have been Lizzie would go.
Speaker 2: Off if she would have been checking out the wind, the.
Speaker 6: Street stairs, a couple of play the pokes at clocks, she would have.
Speaker 4: You are listening to Jason Lauren Clints here as well, and our next guest would I love this moment last.
Speaker 1: Night's rund the Dogs, but I won't.
Speaker 3: Overwhelmed get out at four ns.
Speaker 9: Our next gather round guest is chief sports presenter for Channel seven.
Speaker 5: News Man, one of the favorite Madden Good Morning. I was like, I can't rolling here today because got the crew. Also in the Adelaide crowd, I mean, I know now times were you scared?
Speaker 2: Now that I'm working on the football, I have to be you know, in passion.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's really hard.
Speaker 14: Actually, there weren't that many cats fancy last night, so as soon as I locked eyes with one, they locked eyes on me. And then yeah, after the game.
Speaker 2: It was superb.
Speaker 14: I mean, anytime, whether it be gather around or not, to come here and actually win it. Adelaide Oval is huge because if you haven't been here before, it is probably one of the most hostile crowds in the AFL.
Speaker 2: Like it's scary.
Speaker 14: Adelaide's scary, but get Port Adelaide's scary. I remember losing to Port once here and just thinking I'm not going to make it home alone.
Speaker 5: It's not dissimilar to going and playing against the Cats at home though the homeground and the most crowd fans.
Speaker 2: It's hard to win.
Speaker 5: It is in that.
Speaker 2: In that respect, it is. It was a super win last night.
Speaker 14: We were you know, you come to Adelaide Oval and you think, you know this is going to be a fifty to fifty but yeah, to come from behind and win touch from behind and.
Speaker 6: They were down by five goals midway through that second term, you must have been sort of.
Speaker 3: Flurry the worse at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 14: I was thinking going down my list, thinking who am I going to interview for Adelaide because I do the postmatch interview.
Speaker 1: Gad.
Speaker 2: I'm really happy for you.
Speaker 6: You're doing a great job back on the telecast and also year at seven as well.
Speaker 3: I don't watch it as much on seven. You don't, I watch you how rude, But I love I love.
Speaker 6: The postmatch interviews on the field. I mean, it's just great to get players in that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is really fun and it's you know, during the week and even pre game.
Speaker 14: You know they've got their guard up, but it's the one time that they actually are just like they sort of forget their on camera, which is dangerous but also also really nice. You know, they've got all those wonderful and doorphins going through their body and they just say what they're feeling, and it's great. I mean, it's it's interesting to stand beside them. They are hot, they are sweaty, and I remember last week there was a bit of a tailwind and I had all this sweat blowing into my face. It was actually Pendles and he's like, oh, I'm so sorry, I'm sweating all over you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'll sell it on eBay. But he caught up with Jeremy Cameron after the matches.
Speaker 2: How is he? Because they have next week off? They got it.
Speaker 14: No, it's Eastern Monday, so they've got a big break. They play the Hawks Easter Monday, which is another huge clash, so they've got a bit of a break. So he's really happy because he just gets to stay home on the farm and the cows.
Speaker 1: What's a go if it's seven days between games A sneaky brew.
Speaker 5: Well, I think each club has their own rules. Club say I you've got more the seven days you can have a beer after the game. But I think probably every club would be different.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody at Geelong Drinks angels tell you.
Speaker 4: Geelong footballer, you can't sell a pack of smokes to Aide FANI.
Speaker 5: Think Tom Hawkins is he's joining us shortly, and I thought, Christ home, you're gonna have a hard time getting out of here tonight.
Speaker 2: The Adelaide crowd.
Speaker 1: How much long are you staying down here? You got a spack one's birthday?
Speaker 2: Yes on Saturday.
Speaker 14: So I booked in and my boss said to me, I would like you to stay all week and all, you know, a week all weekend and I said, great, fantastic. I'm here till Sunday. This is going to be so great. Went home, told my husband. I said, sorry, you're gonna have to be one up. You know, I'm going for Adelaide for school holidays.
Speaker 3: See yeah, school holidays.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that.
Speaker 14: And then he's like, yeah, great, but have you forgotten something. I'm like, I'm ready to go, bags packed and he's like, it's your daughter's birthday. Mother Okay, trotted into my boss. The next day, I was like, you know, I said I'd be free all weekend. It'd be really great, I said, mother of the year over he forgot her.
Speaker 2: Ruby didn't want to come together around for birthday. No, she wanted to go. We're going to a science place. She's having a science party. Did she get the brains from She's smart? Ruby, isn't she me?
Speaker 1: You even done one of those play center parties.
Speaker 14: I've done, I've done, I've done every party. She's seven. So yeah, we're hopefully we're getting to the stage where we can just take two friends to the movies.
Speaker 2: When does that happen?
Speaker 5: Gold class, gold class, take a friend to gold class. I don't think kids are satisfied with that twenty days. They just want everything, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and then and then the candy bar and mate, kids, when you get to a weekend you don't have one on it, isn't it great?
Speaker 1: Do you recycle kids? Presence?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: Have you had a present cupboard?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just taking a mad dashed to Big w every time.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we do yeah, double ups. You just got to go.
Speaker 4: You don't want to go here? Clip We got you this lego and you're like, no way, I got the same one for you.
Speaker 1: Too much to get back? Great mind.
Speaker 6: Hey, just quickly, Becky, you're working on the Good Friday a pel this year and it was a fantastic day.
Speaker 3: Had seven do such a great.
Speaker 2: Job and we've got the game in Brisbane the night before.
Speaker 14: So unfortunately I can't be involved in the day because it goes all day, but then I'll be involved involved in the nighttime coverage on the panel with Larry im to hosting the nighttime So it's really great and it's something i've been involved with.
Speaker 2: Actually I've lost count so many. I mean I've been at seven since I was seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you feel slight?
Speaker 2: Don't go throwing around.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I haven't had a little break at another network which was all so fantastic, But to be part of the Good Friday Appeal it's actually one of the highlights of my working year.
Speaker 2: It's terrific.
Speaker 1: Hey, tonight seven forty live and free on seven and seven plus the price take on the Swan's just quickly, who's going to win?
Speaker 14: I really don't know, do I have to say, pish?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I actually I think this one's a playing really good footy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not asking for a tip with what Melbourne's doing at the moment.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not tipping it.
Speaker 2: That's it's hard to tip, isn't it. At the moment, it's hard to tip it. I've ruled out.
Speaker 14: I am no longer involved in any tipping competitions because it's so stressful and I'm over it.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I hate footy tipping competitions.
Speaker 3: Because the admin involved getting done.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday games, it's Wednesday. That comes around too quick to carry on and you gotta get tips in.
Speaker 1: Just give the kids.
Speaker 5: I watch Jase haven't melt down every single week. Tips are in tonight and he had Felix. He's sunning for school holidays the other day, and I think we've now found out that Felix is actually doing Jason's footy tips.
Speaker 2: So you see that now credit Felix comes in.
Speaker 5: He's spent all this time going through the stats and he's like Dad, he's the foota tips Jake, so he knows absolutely nothing about football.
Speaker 2: Goes nah, not that one, go and check go track, go on. Felix was like, when you go to the races, Jase, you just choose it off the colors.
Speaker 1: I get the kids to pick the horse responsible joining us on the air this morning. It is just nine to eight. Cheers back, thank you.
Speaker 4: It is Jas and Lauren Clinty as well. We've just got the message saying he is awake.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Tom Hawkins is going to be joining us just after eight o'clock this morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, he said, text say just leaving hotel now, and I said, He said, I was slow getting moving this morning, lost. I said, no problem, see soon Tom. He's supposed to be with us in about five minutes. I said, did you have a late night? And he said, lost, look like I haven't been to bed. I was home by twelve, but I'm a very nervous spectator.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so he.
Speaker 2: Must have been tearing his hair out. He's better on the field than off the field.
Speaker 3: The nails.
Speaker 5: You think anyway, he will be here shortly, We hope. I can't wait to judge his appearances at home with all the kids. Yes, he's working, Tom, it's working, Yes, working, working, just as you.
Speaker 2: Are on this trip. Believe might have to stay on for three or four days.
Speaker 1: I just realized, because like we're set up at Adelaide Oval. Yes, practically the bond drops the field on the turf. We very much look like footy commentators. Oh we do. We scream footy commentator.
Speaker 2: We look like ex athletes, don't we?
Speaker 3: Hey, where's the Where's the match going to be won and lost? Tonight? Jason is.
Speaker 1: Where the game is, so it would probably be one and lost. Bid.
Speaker 5: Look, we are coming to you live from Adelaide Oval forgather around, which meant we had to.
Speaker 2: Come to Adelaide as a team. Traveling as a group is.
Speaker 5: My absolute worst nightmare. I kicked and screamed and said, do not have me on a group booking. I want to check myself in and I want to sit on my own. I didn't even there, No, So I was thrilled when I got the text from Macy, who works in our team, saying don't worry loss, I've sorted your seats.
Speaker 2: I've got you. Clinton j saw in a row together and I was like on a group text. So I had to call her and say, cis I wanted to sit on my own.
Speaker 1: You didn't know the plane has twenty rows, Rose, I.
Speaker 2: Went up the backstairs.
Speaker 1: You didn't even know there was That's fun.
Speaker 5: We were yes anyway, So that was fun until we got on the plane and we wanted to go to the footy last night.
Speaker 2: Clint Jase didn't. He's I'm not actually sure what you're here for.
Speaker 5: But so he didn't want to go to the game fight and so we were like, quick, well the play was a bit late, so we go to get to the hotel.
Speaker 2: We got to get there quickly. We've got a whole bunch of listeners.
Speaker 5: There was a coach and I said, I'm just we'll just jump in Ober and go so we don't have to wait for everyone's ladycause we're.
Speaker 15: Here for it.
Speaker 2: Two nights. And that was when you revealed to me that you both bought check in baggage. Okay for a one night trip.
Speaker 1: Nights? Can I explain?
Speaker 2: But really it's one like you were in your clothes.
Speaker 8: For last night.
Speaker 1: Okay. A couple of things. My bag was a carry on bag. The only reason I check your bag.
Speaker 2: Also, we'll discuss that bag lab. It's Tartan. He brought a Tartan suit.
Speaker 4: It was on silent surf drive and ski all right, mine's and overnight, like I can put it in the overhead.
Speaker 1: The other reason I checked it in is because you were.
Speaker 2: Arrested over here was checking his No, he didn't want to win.
Speaker 6: I came with seventeen killers one seven seventeen killers. I am going to on holiday tomorrow to Bali.
Speaker 1: So it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we made it to Adelaide. We got here safely.
Speaker 5: Clinton I went to the footy last night and then when we went to leave, obviously a lot of people leaving. We walked out at the stadium and we saw some friendly police officers.
Speaker 3: They were very friendly, weren't they?
Speaker 2: They were they were, They.
Speaker 1: Were so hospitable.
Speaker 2: Marmo shout out. If you're listening, they'll know who talking about. Because they said, I said, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Familiar with the area. How do we get out of here? Like we need an uber or a cab and they said, I'll go down that's.
Speaker 2: The ride chouse. The police who else?
Speaker 5: They were like yeah when they were standing there doing nothing to be honest about eight of them and they were like, go down there going we're telling yes, it's like a comedy cracking gags.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So we walked down.
Speaker 5: About ten minutes later, we're still waiting for this uber and the uber drivers texted me going the roads or block?
Speaker 1: Can't you better get back.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm in like high high high stiletto boots.
Speaker 3: Slow walk.
Speaker 2: So we walk back and we go to back past and they go what happened. I was like, well, you guys have blocked the roads off and they were like, no, yeah, we have.
Speaker 3: It's a problem that needs solving, right, So light bulb moment from me.
Speaker 2: What was sort of from the police.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: First of all, they said, why don't you to get a little romantic Clinton?
Speaker 5: And I was like what They're like, put your arms around him and hold on and go for a ride into the sunset on an e.
Speaker 3: Scooter, an orange scooter scooter scoter.
Speaker 5: You're definitely not supposed to have two people on those things. And they were like, you jump to one helmet.
Speaker 4: Because RBT they pulled people over on the scooter. Mister said it'd be romantic, just wrap your arms.
Speaker 5: Around and go, go, go, And I said the only thing that could make this situation worse would be being romantic with Clinton.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we went on. Individuals got smart.
Speaker 2: The police helped us sort our scooters out. Helmet well, we were just well, I've been scratching a bit. I'm sure I've given myself mites.
Speaker 5: But we they said, just get out of here. He once you get out of this area, you'll be able to get an uber just just quickly. Do you think Clint accepted that?
Speaker 6: Seeing seeing Lauren Elizabeth Phillips hurtling her way down the streets of Adelaide right range scooter install ettos was one of the great moments of my life.
Speaker 1: It was a real big day of first for you.
Speaker 5: Yesterday was well, the worst part was And also I don't know if you're allowed to or if they just don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't know there's any rules in Adelaide, but you do it on the footpath right Italy on the footpath.
Speaker 5: So we're on our ace scooters next minute, next to the Adelaide Adelaide Oval Stadium in.
Speaker 2: Traffic, like I'm talking hundreds of old people like.
Speaker 5: Marjorie Darryl trying to wriggle through the look out kids. And I realized, Sister Act the musicals finished at the same time.
Speaker 4: You know, Sister Act, don't put on a musical on gather around weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, they will follow him. I will follow him. You know that song. We've got somewhere bit of Sister Acts.
Speaker 5: So we've got all the old We're weaving in and out of the traffic of these old people, Clints going past them or going How is Sister Act?
Speaker 2: Was it a five star review?
Speaker 1: I was getting some reviews. I loved the movie Sister Acts.
Speaker 5: It's a great move here anyway, Then Clint refused to then go to a point where we could get an uber, so we had to ride it through the entire city, the entire way home.
Speaker 3: It's great transport. It's door to door.
Speaker 5: No, it's not, Clinker's all right here we are. We'll pull up here. Do you know you can only park e scooters in certain places?
Speaker 1: Upload a photo too.
Speaker 2: But so we went in a parking zone. So we scooted all the way.
Speaker 1: To the hotel and then we had to walk.
Speaker 2: We had to scoot it all.
Speaker 5: The way back out away from the hotel to a parking bake to then walk back to the hotel.
Speaker 1: You two really aren't good in just public arenas, are you? Well? Yeah, I mean in one piece.
Speaker 2: Just Clint fell off at the end.
Speaker 5: You fell into the dirty en but no injuries to report. Anyway, we must find out if we're actually allowed to on a scooter.
Speaker 4: And if you no, never ask what's the rule with this show? Ask forgiveness, not permission. So the only show, it's the new one. They coming up this morning. We got the Lady Gaga, tickets to go and your chance to win money. Tom Hawkins is away here, he's running late, is on an e scooter and on the road to Adelaide Oval and we're offting money.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, send me a photo of scooter.
Speaker 1: Tommy made it. Let's say hi to our next guest.
Speaker 9: Our next gatheround guest is three time premiership player from the Geelong footy club, legend Tom Hawkins.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: You can catch him in action on Fox Footy, available on KO Sports.
Speaker 1: Tom Hawkins, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning in one piece, Good morning here.
Speaker 8: In one piece?
Speaker 2: Do you text me on the way in? And it was a part of you in an e scooter?
Speaker 8: I was, yeah, I love traveling into state and traveling via a scooter. It's a great way to see.
Speaker 1: They're all the rage. Why why were you a bit of a shambles this morning? Late night?
Speaker 8: Well, close game that's down, came back and won and I think I just got carried away.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that's right. It's like, how do you go? We know you so well as a footballer, and.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine you being particularly calm as a spectator.
Speaker 8: I get nervous and anxious, and I was around sixty or seventy Geelong people, so I think I got caught up in excitement.
Speaker 1: It happened exactly, and.
Speaker 8: Went into the city for a drink and then hone to bed. I was home.
Speaker 1: I'm not em it's fine, you have to sell it to me. I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: And I was just telling you.
Speaker 1: You sound like me on the phone of my wife darhlu we just flewid were very tight poor.
Speaker 3: How cool is this this place?
Speaker 8: Just it's magic, right, It is so good and it's it's nice that you guys are I'm not sure if this is your first gather around, but.
Speaker 3: It came last year. I don't remember much of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Quince didn't do what you did last night.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 8: I got a little corridor, which is easy to do because it's the people of Adelaide. I mean, the beautiful people, very welcoming, everyone's so excited. The thing I think I love the most about it when I was a player and even now as a commentator and football person, is that everyone's just happy. To see you down the street. Whether you're barrack for Collingwood, barrack for sin Kilda or Geelong. They're just so happy to be here and talk footy and let's and watch.
Speaker 4: Let's hold onto that vibe until until the Port game on Sunday. If it's the same the rule.
Speaker 6: Do a cop grief from Port fans because they are a little rough around the edges.
Speaker 8: Let's just let's just say that they're passionate. I not not so much on the field. I think the noise when you're on field sort of amalgamates into this sort of buzzing sound. So not specifically. I have had some heckles over the fence from supporter bases in the past.
Speaker 3: Talk to us anything anything memorable, quite well.
Speaker 1: Liked you a brody executive producer, he's a Port fan. Did you have a spit on Tom back in the day. I should apologize Tom, it was it was a heat of passion.
Speaker 8: It was you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: You're so big, you stand out too. Like imagine walking around the crowds here, you know you're gonna spot you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And I've got a massive set of ears as well.
Speaker 1: But the one one thing.
Speaker 8: Ema and I got married in two thousand and some year.
Speaker 2: I was there some year and.
Speaker 8: And we got just before the start of the season. Anyway, we got our car stole out the front of our house that had wedding dresses. And one one game at Collingwood from the Collingwood Cheers squad, one of the cheers squad members at one stage throughout the game said that he had our wedding dress which it was always stuck with which I was like, I was laughing inside because it was.
Speaker 1: It's a good chance they did have it.
Speaker 5: So hey, And now time you've hung up the boots, you're obviously on the other side of it now, but you are putting the boots back on.
Speaker 2: Over Easter, I am heading up to what you play for the town you grew up in.
Speaker 8: I am lossy. I actually went for the first time. I bought my boots over together.
Speaker 2: What to have a practice yesterday?
Speaker 8: Yesterday?
Speaker 2: Really you're so tragic, Well, you don't want to pull a handing.
Speaker 5: So you're playing for Finley, I am, and which is sort of on the border of New South Wales Vitoria.
Speaker 2: Good Friday, it is, yeah.
Speaker 8: And I've always wanted to play for Finley when I retire, and I haven't done a hell of a lot of conditioning, so that will be interesting.
Speaker 1: To take you down to the park the hour. We can do a little kicker around. Is that what you want? I did?
Speaker 8: I did mine yet I've got my mouth guard in the son. Well, hang on, No, no, I've asked.
Speaker 1: I've asked.
Speaker 3: What about the full back like lining up on tom Hawks?
Speaker 2: I know, are you playing full forward? Where you going to play?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: I hope goal square? Surely, I'm just just one out operating out of the fifties.
Speaker 5: What's the capacity at the stadium standing Romindly, I assume.
Speaker 1: I just looked on ticket tech. I can't find it.
Speaker 2: There will be, there'll be many people.
Speaker 8: I selectively chose that game to players one off because Emma is a Deniloquent girl and we played Deniloquent and it's sort of a big rivalry and a piece the weekend, and they.
Speaker 1: Do it banner club matches like that.
Speaker 2: We'll get the cheers got on from Milestone game.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe wacked.
Speaker 8: I don't think there'll be any.
Speaker 1: Banners, right, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: I'm sure just as many people turn up to watch Finley every other week as they will on Good Friday.
Speaker 6: Can we talk about Super Saturday in your role as a commentator for Fox Footy Big day tomorrow, Big day for the Carlton Footy club, because Carlton play West Coast.
Speaker 3: Now, the issue here is if Carlton lose.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm a Melbourne support by saying, yeah, I'll preface this by saying Melbourne so you know, winless isn't a great spot to be. But for Carleton there's a bit of bit of pressure on the old Blue Baggers tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 8: Like if look, they should take care of it, sure that's the issue, but if things get a bit tricky and desperate, yeah, well I'm not.
Speaker 3: An he thinks if the Blues lose loss, he's gone.
Speaker 1: That's his male. They're already calling for his head.
Speaker 8: The last couple of weeks, I think they'll be okay, they'll find their way through. It's really sometimes the start of the season is it's a lot more heightened than other periods of the year, particularly when you have it one. They've got some really talented players that have been kind of in and out. Kerno hasn't sort of been there and playing the whole start of the season, so they will find their groove. It's a bit like Melbourne. I don't you know, I don't necessarily think that they're they're as bad as.
Speaker 1: What they're.
Speaker 6: Actually you forget about Finley. You want to play full forward for the D's. There's not there is watching that I could.
Speaker 8: I could lace the boots up and play in today's footag It just it surpasses you so quickly.
Speaker 1: Hey, just quickly, Pies once tonight, do you reckon? I'll get up.
Speaker 8: I think the Pies are a genuine chance of winning the premiership. That might pick at the start of the year, along with the Gold Coast Sons and the and the Lil Cats. But I think I just think they've got a great makeup. They're mature and and Sydney.
Speaker 1: Heah.
Speaker 8: We like maturity and that they won't be it won't be an easy game. But I think I think Colin would have a set really well.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I know you've got to get to the Barossa, but we appreciate you jumping on this morning, nice and early.
Speaker 5: Good luck for a good Friday, Tom. I'll I'll take a sign and the banner he burns.
Speaker 1: To the winery today and go down the street.
Speaker 3: You should get with I think those line scooters.
Speaker 1: Will go.
Speaker 2: For Tom Hawkins slotting around adelaide on, I.
Speaker 4: Think the worse place is to be stuck mate. Tom Hawkins joined us on the air. As we're not live from Adelaide. O will for gather around.
Speaker 1: It is just going eight thirty next to gather around guests.
Speaker 9: The executives jey're all manager of.
Speaker 1: The afl.
Speaker 4: Oh sucking the guts. Guys, sit up, We've got management joining us. Morning, Good morning, thanks for having us at adelaide I.
Speaker 2: Will for gathering congratulations. This is just spectacular.
Speaker 5: We were here last year we popped in for one game, but where here we bought a bunch of listeners.
Speaker 2: Adelaide is just pumping and this just couldn't be any better. Good it.
Speaker 15: Oh, it's so magical. From getting off the plane or driving over. There's I don't know how many gather around stickers we've purchased, but they're everywhere.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, aren't they.
Speaker 1: How many friends and family have hit you up for gather around tickets A lot?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've created a pretend wait list.
Speaker 2: Brilliant doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: Laura, you are the head of football that means you're the point of contact for a lot of all the teams. Do you feel like a giant babysitter to three hundred grown men and women a lot of the time?
Speaker 15: Sometimes it depends, It depends. Now they're all terrifick referring to our clubs. They're amazing, but they care so if things don't go to plan or things might not go the way they want that wanted them to. I certainly get a call.
Speaker 2: Is it, Yeah, you're on the receiving it.
Speaker 6: I must be logistically challenging though, like wrangling every club. You know, there's so many layers that come with it. You've got a You've got this beautiful Barossa stadium as well, which is.
Speaker 2: Are we going to see turn that around in a year?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Twelve months. It was a patch of grass literally, and now it's our fifty first AFL venue.
Speaker 1: They didn't destroy any vineyard any any any grapes.
Speaker 2: Were destroyed in the mast.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 2: Don't waste the wine, that was.
Speaker 15: Number one priority. It is a logistical challenge though, having sixteen teams travel, We've got a travel party of about two hundred umpires given we've got wow, all all nine AFL games and two Statelygue games.
Speaker 1: So a lot of Floro tops on one tiny little plane.
Speaker 3: A lot of hotels too.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Laura.
Speaker 5: You're the first female head of football, which is awesome. It's still a pretty male dominated industry though, Do you ever feel that.
Speaker 2: I think it's so cool that there is a woman in charge, finally, long time coming.
Speaker 5: Are there many other women in leadership positions in the AFL you're feeling supported?
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you, I mean it is, It's something that I'm really proud of. We have a you know, all A ten teams have an AFL W team, so if you walk into a club, it's fifty to fifty everywhere you look. But if you think about leadership positions, we've got female presidents, We've got a female CEO, and our executive team and leadership team are fifty percent women. So I don't feel my gender day to day, but I still love that people notice it.
Speaker 6: You've got Peggy O'Neil was Richmond Richmond with great success. You know, Jen White at the RUSE and Sam Moston who's now the Governor General of Australia.
Speaker 3: So women doing great things at the moment, at the AFL, which.
Speaker 2: Is fantastic to see.
Speaker 4: Can I ask and look, this might have been covered in the past. I am a new fan to the game and you break for I go for the past.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did go for.
Speaker 4: Melbourne, but I realized the supporters are way too wanky for me. So actually, who do you go for? You are allowed to have it.
Speaker 15: I grew up as a Collin support. Yeah, but well I think I'll say the Kangaroos. After working there, I can't quite like to change back.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to give me there.
Speaker 5: All my children say the umpire sometime like that answer, So change weekly like having a favorite child.
Speaker 4: I was just going to ask AFL W AFL. Would we ever get to a stage where we're playing on the same day?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like, you buy a ticket, you go to the G, you get the a f L W match and the men's.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well, this year we'll start the AFIW season in the last two rounds of the men's. Last year we had a doubleheader at the MCG during one of the men's finals for the Bulldogs. They had both of their teams playing. So yes is the short answer. But we can also think about activating say the Adelaide Crows girls play it Onley or Norwood and then the men played Adelaide Oval or vice versa, depinding the time of season. So it's all things that we look at.
Speaker 6: Footy is a fast game. There was it was free blowing. You know, so many goals kicked last night. What do you think the biggest challenge facing footy is at the moment?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean it's a It's in a really good place. The game last night was an unbelievable spectacle. We were just saying before ninety seven percent of the game was under four goals and forty five was under one goal.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 15: Every kick, every mark, every handball is so important. I think it's about working out how we can continue that and we can keep adapting game styles as coaches and as clubs to play that free flowing, fast footy because the fans.
Speaker 1: Just love it as the boss. How many games you got to get to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Quite a lot. There's a bit going on here.
Speaker 2: Have you been over here in Adelaide.
Speaker 15: For I came in earlier in the week, but we've done a lot of visits given the build out at the Bross Apart.
Speaker 2: How many football games and how many wineries?
Speaker 15: Because many more football games than.
Speaker 1: We'll let you go because we know you're busy. But thank you for having us in Adelaide. Gather around. We love this.
Speaker 4: We were here last year. The vibe is just amazing. I felt like all of Melbourne was heading this way.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you so much, and this is an amazing place to broadcast your show.
Speaker 2: Tom Weakens rolled in on a scooter. Did you arrive this morning?
Speaker 1: Scooter? Laura?
Speaker 3: Though he's it a knee scooter?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Neither you should, but I heard you.
Speaker 15: You guys had an experience.
Speaker 5: We were on the eat scooters last night. You'd give it a HOI get the full experience last.
Speaker 6: Year as well, and it is, by the way, just congratulations on everything you've done as well.
Speaker 3: You fantastic leader in the game as well. And you and the AFL put on a great show.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the foody this weekend you too. Thank you. All right, let's say hello to our next guest.
Speaker 9: Please welcome out next together around guest premiership player and current Adelaide crow Alex.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning team. That sounds beautiful. Premiership player.
Speaker 2: Weren't you smart jumping on the day.
Speaker 3: I thought they'd be like, we'd give it a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Before we talked about it, like we have ticked that boxa Adelaide.
Speaker 12: Now it's good to be I spent a bit of time listening to you guys driving down a Casey on the highway when I spent my time in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: So it's a pleasure to be invited.
Speaker 5: I thanks right well, thanks for jumping on with this this morning. Hey are you from Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Originally No, I'm.
Speaker 1: An Adelaide boy. So I've returned high Yeah, how good.
Speaker 3: Adelaide incredible.
Speaker 1: He's just stadium's beautiful.
Speaker 5: But we do one of those people that grew up in Adelaide and thought I can't wait to get out of Adelaide, and then you grew up and we're like, I can't wait to.
Speaker 1: Go back to it now.
Speaker 12: I'm not like your friend up there, mate. So I really enjoyed Adelaide to stay here as long as I can. But I'm so grateful for the ten years I spent in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: But for where my.
Speaker 12: Wife and I were at with our little girl, we thought the best thing to do was to come home because it's a funny.
Speaker 5: Old place like Adelaid gets a bit of a bad rap right, But then you get here and you're like, why are we coming here every second weekend? The Winery is the city of the restaurants.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 12: It's got everything. From my opinion, You've got the beaches and then if you want to go down the twenty minute road to the wineries, you can mix it up and then have a wash off at the end of the day to feel a bit more human.
Speaker 6: He's got he's got his South Austrain accent. What did I used to it sounded like a Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Where did you live? When you're in Melbourne? I'm a glen Elg boy. In moment, I was a Brighton in living your way, I'm rapid people.
Speaker 3: He's got to mention Brighton.
Speaker 2: I just kept saying to Clint last night. Everyone here is so nice.
Speaker 5: The policemen were nice. The information people when I got lost were nice.
Speaker 1: Yea wait or Sunday No, they're so nice.
Speaker 2: From the latest.
Speaker 6: Speaking of nice, this bloke is one of the nice spokes in footy. He's actually my old man's favorite and he was heartbroken when he left the D's. But he made a business decision, a family decision as well to come back home.
Speaker 2: Also he won the premierships.
Speaker 1: I've done I've done.
Speaker 6: My business here. Congratulations mate on making the shift. I know it was hard, but I mean you're glad you found a well, not a new life here because your family here, but you know you've settled.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think I've been very fortunate to come through a footy club at the Adlaid Crows that they're building. They're at the stage where they've done the hard yards of four or five years and now we're trying to maintain a level of consistency. But in saying that, it was extremely difficult leaving ten years of friendships and relationships and on a professional sense, you build so much together over a long period of time and to leave that was quite hard. But in saying that, I've still got great mates there and looking forward to seeing a few of them this weekend.
Speaker 1: Can we can we talk? Last night? Yeah, let's do it. There was a bloody great man five goals. Yeah, good spectacle.
Speaker 3: It was hot foot, he was hot.
Speaker 1: It felt like that for us.
Speaker 12: We played three great quarters and then the last quarter we just let ourselves down a little bit in not trying to do the things that we wanted to do. And Geelong a great side. I've been up there for so long. You've got to make your moments count, and unfortunately they were just too good. You've got to tip your hat sometimes and under the Cats.
Speaker 1: Good attitude, I'd be better as hell.
Speaker 5: That's why you were not an athlete and reasons the Cats fans were definitely out numbered here.
Speaker 2: It must be. I mean, look, Gatheround's awesome.
Speaker 5: All the teams are here, but geez, it must be Knights playing in front of a home crowd here at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the Oval is spectacular when I think so. Our first two games we had forty three forty six thousand, and in comparison it sounded like seventy thousand at the g Yeah, when we would get seventy there. And you're just so grateful to come to this great stadium and being an Adelaide boy coming back now and living here and seeing what Gatherum means to the state, it's very very so.
Speaker 5: I mean, it is a great stadium, right, So for anyone listening to this in Melbourne who hasn't been to Adelaide Oval. There's this extraordinary stadium and then there's the back half which looks underdeveloped right, it looks like they forgot to do it's a quarter of it, but it's the hill and that is.
Speaker 2: Part of the hut soul of this stadium. What happens on the hill.
Speaker 3: Guys haven't been up there.
Speaker 1: I've only been on the ground.
Speaker 2: On the on the hill. Is that where run stands.
Speaker 3: That's where the best sledges come from.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think if you were a look at the ground where selves the most beers, that little pocket there is whether they.
Speaker 3: Make the money.
Speaker 1: Are you going to get to some of the games this weekend or no, I won't get to won't get to any of the games. But we've got our tickets. We can probably try our community, Thank you mate.
Speaker 12: I've got the community visits midday to day across the Oval, which I'm looking forward to seeing what the footy means to not only the South Australians here but everyone who's traveled.
Speaker 3: So it's your dad, now I'm a girl dad. Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 6: Congratulations babies are She's four day months and absolutely thriving. Ahso as a Premiership player for the Demons, when the d's come knocking in an afl W sense, I hope that she'll be pulling on.
Speaker 8: The red and blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 12: So if she loves footy, she loves footy, but also at the same time she loves swimming, so you never know. Twenty twenty fifty four Olympics.
Speaker 5: Look out, yes, stage dad right Brisbane somewhere though that's not that far away.
Speaker 2: Have you been out this out to the new ground in the Brussavlley looks awesome.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't been, but I have seen some images. Wow.
Speaker 12: We the curators in Adelaide, they do a great job. I don't know if you've seen all the other ovals, even the parade at nor luscious.
Speaker 5: Grass and that was just a patch of We had Laura Canaan before and she was saying a year ago was a patch of grass. The Premier went out there and said we must have a stadium in Barossa for gather around. So within a year they've built like a footy oval in a stadium. I have a very small three bedroom house that took that long to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: With the premiere in South Australia's magic. He gets stuff done.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he He doesn't muck around and his passion for sport is incredible.
Speaker 3: What's his name again, Melleck, Mascus, Manascus, Adam Radman Adam.
Speaker 1: It was he was, Yeah, yeah he was. He wasn't the premier have you?
Speaker 2: He's too busy building stadium handsome for.
Speaker 1: Us a near by.
Speaker 3: Congratulations again on the move. But I miss you. I just had a text from my dad who says, I miss Nibbler.
Speaker 5: You were heartbroken with We even went to the merch shop yesterday to buy Neil Bull and.
Speaker 1: All the Melbourne stuffs half priced. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: He was sold out. His badge was sold out.
Speaker 2: That's how popular is eight dollars for a badge. Couldn't get one?
Speaker 1: That's It's a silent ego, but there's a bit of family around.
Speaker 2: Adelaide.
Speaker 7: Boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, mate, thanks for jopping on this morning. We appreciate it. Thanks having me.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your weekend in that lane. Oh we will. Hey, before we get out of here, we're going to.
Speaker 2: For one in the Barossovley.
Speaker 1: Surprise, little guest doesn't get any more Melbourne than this.
Speaker 6: Absolutely the Shane warn Legacy. Heart checks are happening here. At the Adelaide Oval. But the good news is you can get checked at many major sporting events, including the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne. Jackson warn Shane Son joins us see you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning guys. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Jumping on the health test is great.
Speaker 1: I did it. It was awesome. Yeah, I did. I did.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 4: Took hardly any time, put the army in, got the blood pressure checks. My sister was at me about it, and it was awesome because I typical bloke, kept putting off going to the doctor.
Speaker 1: And feel happy with your results. One hundred percent they get sent to you. So I had them on email. It was awesome, and that's what we want.
Speaker 16: We wanted to be easy, efficient, free, done and literally under five minutes.
Speaker 1: And so we've actually found so many people.
Speaker 16: Yesterday we're just saying thank you for being here, thank you for talking about it, thank you for spreading heart health awareness, and just the access, the access that it's available to anybody anywhere. If you're not in Adelaide, just go straight to our website, the Shame or Legacy website, putting your postcode and you find the closest one to you.
Speaker 1: It's a shame you've got to slam it in front of people's face to do it. I can make it easy, lazy.
Speaker 5: Especially it's called the Shane Warn Legacy, and my gosh, what a legacy he has left and you're continuing. You must be so proud of this organization, the work you were doing. You're a young man who has gone through something terrible and you've just made this beautiful thing out of a tragedy because you're helping so many other people.
Speaker 2: You must be so proud of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're super proud. And I think we had to when it happened.
Speaker 16: We had to find a way of how we could turn what was such a sad and negative to a positive and the only way to do that was to try and help and make sure as many other families and people don't get the same phone call we got. So when we came, when we got approach with the idea, how about we have these heart machines to spread awareness for heart health, etc.
Speaker 1: We were like, Yes, that is such a nice feeling.
Speaker 16: And for the first activation, for it to be a boxing day and now to also be gathering for the second year in a row is awesome.
Speaker 2: Your dad would be so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. He'd be also very proud of the Saints. He'd be proud of the Saints now, I reckon he'd be a little disappointed that you'll be a quiet birthday party, building Lego, Building Lego. Do you know what we did for his fiftieth birthday?
Speaker 16: Everybody thought massive party, all this sort of stuff, But for his fiftieth birthday, we were in London. We ordered one hundred garlic dough balls from Pizza Express. Watch back to the future. You're telling me Lego from in the future, exactly.
Speaker 3: What exact garlic dough ball we must try.
Speaker 1: And I know we're a bit behind.
Speaker 16: We talked about Adelaide being a bit behind, but we're a bit behind in terms of the rest of the world because they've got these pretty much dough balls with garlic butter.
Speaker 1: And is the best thing you've ever had in London.
Speaker 2: So if you're in London, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not sure if it's exclusive calls struggled on the one hour flight coming here yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can do the flight.
Speaker 2: I'm not sitting next to you on the way. You're catching the bus home from.
Speaker 1: To wear that though, if you're on the fly.
Speaker 6: You have to wear that, Jackson. Now, your dad was a big Saints man. I know one of your sisters is a Collingwood supporter. Where do you sit?
Speaker 1: I sit with Saint Kilda.
Speaker 16: There was a brief period in my life which we don't talk about, where I loved Matthew Lloyd, so I started going for Resident and I fell in love with Matthew Tach and started going for Fremantle. But that all happened within a year. So now I'm back to the Saints. Yeah, I was a bit confused. I'm back to the stage.
Speaker 1: It was a stage. They're doing well at we are.
Speaker 16: We're doing very well. We're three and one, hopefully can go four and one this weekend. We always do this though, we start really really well and then we just fade. So hopefully this year we just be consistent and we play well. But it was a great night last night, great first game to gather around.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. Other around is just so fun, loving it. We are coming in.
Speaker 6: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it. Like we loved your dad, having interviewed him so many times before.
Speaker 2: Very similar. Thank you to get that a lot.
Speaker 1: I get that a lot.
Speaker 16: And I've only just started as i've gotten older, watching more of the older footage when he was in his late twenties early thirties, videos I've never seen before. Just I've noticed some mannerisms, how he talks, how he says a few words.
Speaker 1: I've gone ah and Hatrem.
Speaker 16: Also, we've just noticed she was reading my phone with me sending a message and of reading it over makes you sure I've got the commas and exclamation marks in the right place, Hatred, Oh my god, you're so much like your dad. He used to read a message for ten times before he sent it, and so that was just one of the things as well.
Speaker 2: But oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 4: Well can I ask and you don't have to Answermate, I lost my dad a couple of years ago as well. And whether you believe in it or not, sometimes you know, everyone's got that thing where it's almost like a sign that they're watching you. You know, for us, it was like a feather, you know, and we'd go fishing and there'd be a feather just in the boat, you know, we'll go fishing. My boys were like, it's great, you know, it's Granddad watching us. Have you got something that triggers memories.
Speaker 16: Or definitely and sorry to hear about your dad, but we see signs every single day, Like, for example, I was just talking to Rui and we're talking about Dad. Will talk about Augusta because the Masters had just started, and we brought up Dad's hold in one as soon as we finished the interview eight twenty three. And so I see signs everywhere. He's in the clocks, He's everywhere I look. I see signs. I've always found myself when I'm driving adding up the numbers of the number places up to twenty three.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I see I see signs every day.
Speaker 16: I feel him every day, still think about him every day, So even though he's not here physically, he's definitely still here in spirit.
Speaker 1: Good on you, mate, and honestly, the work you guys are doing with these tests.
Speaker 16: That you're literally saving lives legacy and you're saving lives exactly, We are saving lives and people. And I will always think Dad's legacy will be cricket. I'll be a bit biased and say greatest ever Australian athlete. But now to add another layer to that legacy, which is saving lives, Like we've already met people that said because of these health checks when they were here last year. Since then they've gotten sense and now they're here and if they told me, shame will and saved my life.
Speaker 5: Wow? Wait tell us again, Jackson Ward is the website If people aren't obviously we're here in Adelaida gatherum. But for those listening back in Melbourne, how can they find out where to do so?
Speaker 16: For during gathering we've got forty five machines see all across Adelaide. But for anybody that's not in Adelaide, if you go straight to our website shamew Legacy dot com, type in your postcode and you find the closest one to you, because we also have over three hundred and fifty machines all around the country.
Speaker 2: Well well done.
Speaker 5: Well, Like we said before, your dad would be so proud of you. He was a great man.
Speaker 2: We loved him with great.
Speaker 4: Victorian made you get those dough balls out from London in development and you can pretty much chang up in the market.
Speaker 1: Now that's a Legacy's legacy dough balls. Yeah, thank you, thanks problem well done guys.
Speaker 13: That is it.
Speaker 4: We are getting out of here, just having a look around at our team and everyone who has joined us on this trip. They are ready to launch us. We are going off on two weeks holiday to get over today. We will be back in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: But go the Pies tonight, go the D's tomorrow. We'll be a win.
Speaker 2: I don't even know when Richmond's playing, but good luck.
Speaker 3: They might be playing halftime a little league.
Speaker 1: Enjoy gather around.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having us here in Adelaide and at Adelaide Oval, all the socials are up.
Speaker 1: You can go and check out all the actions.
Speaker 5: Yes, and if you're in Melbourne, we'll be back shortly. Enjoy the sunshine this weekend. Enjoy the weather.
Speaker 2: It is just our beautiful place to live. I'm living Adelaide, but I can't wait to get home.
Speaker 1: We're bringing home the good weather Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Have a great week, Stay safe, See soon.
Speaker 5: But Lauren, Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.