Speaker 1: Can it joined us this morning? Aka sugar mama?
Speaker 2: Can I good morning, morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: I like the way you say sugar mama.
Speaker 4: So it is Black Friday today. Now I have been quite good this year. For the first time in my life, I've already bought some Christmas presents because Black Friday is not just one day anymore. It does it end today? No?
Speaker 2: I believe it kicks off.
Speaker 3: I mean, and a lot of these brands have actually called it early, and we've actually began a few weeks ago even. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, so now is the time to pre shop for Christmas? What are some of the best things that we could be buying? Is it just Christmas presents? Or should we be also stocking up for our homes and buying sheets and towels and all that stuff down too.
Speaker 3: I actually bought some sheets yesterday, So it's funny you say that. Look, I think you should look at this as an opportunity to buy the things that you need and look forward, So not necessarily just Christmas presents.
Speaker 2: Think you know, back.
Speaker 3: To school, you know, school shoes, stationary if it's on sale, of course, even things you might need for say work, or things that might actually save you money.
Speaker 2: For example, you might go and buy.
Speaker 3: A slow cooker in the sales because you know that's going to help you cook in bulk and save money on you know, takeaways and home delivery. So be strategic, but by what you need, not for just Christmas, but beyond so you can create some savings throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Can Is there anything we've got to be on the lookout for, for example, like I've heard price gouging is happening a lot at the moment where companies will sort of put the prices up just before Black Friday, so then when they put the prices down it looks like a huge discuss.
Speaker 4: I would get sucked into that for sure.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've seen a lot of that myself as well. The key here is to do your research, So just hold off on those impulse buys, but take a moment and literally down now and he takes a couple of seconds, so you can There's a couple of different ways of checking prices, such as like you know a free app called zift where literally you can enter in the product. It's an extension on your phone and or a desktop, and it will actually let you know where you can and that same item or some items cheaper.
Speaker 4: So what are some of the stores that are doing big discounts for Black Friday?
Speaker 3: If I look at my inbox this morning, I'm sort of overwhelmed by Basically, I feel like the whole entire world is on sale at the moment. So all they've already been on sale, and they've already cleared all their stock, so pretty much everything is on that you do all white goods. Clothing obviously is heavily discounted. Now, kids toys obviously, pretty much. Marketing gurus know exactly how we're going to spend and they're creating the sales, so obviously get us to jump on board and clear out our bank accounts.
Speaker 1: Ken can I ask, how does this a Black Friday sale relate to like Boxing Day?
Speaker 4: How does it compare?
Speaker 1: You know, is this the big savings now or we're better holding out we don't need the items straight away.
Speaker 2: It's interesting you say that.
Speaker 3: So there's actually a sale on average throughout the year every three point two five weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So yes, Black Friday is exciting, you know, and it's celebrated obviously you know, originated from America, but it's celebrated obviously around the world. Everyone is doing this, but there is a sale on every three point two five weeks, so don't think this is your one and only opportunity to nab a bargain the whole type. Then yep, you'll see Christmas sales, You'll see Boxing Day sales, You'll see back to school sales, You'll see Valentine sales, You'll see Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Saye, yeah, right, it's fine day.
Speaker 3: You know Amazon big deal days like they are at end of financial year sales like it is literally NonStop, so like, don't panic.
Speaker 2: It will be on sale. And if it means you save up a.
Speaker 3: Bit more, you're in a more secure financial position by holding off or not jumping and going nuts in this sale, then that is a great move.
Speaker 1: I'm such a suck if I don't need the twelve.
Speaker 4: Paus like Laurent. If one more package comes to this front, oh I am going to move house.
Speaker 1: Can I just do a PSA? And I'm sorry for stereotyping ladies. You need to crush the box before you put them.
Speaker 4: In the No, no, oh no, I don't put it in the bin. I put in the box corner. Don't you have a box corner in your house, and then Paul has to come in and cut them down and put them in like, oh, by the things for the house, you deal with the box corner.
Speaker 3: I actually put my kids in the bin. I throw the bunce is overflowing. I pick choose one of them, and I throw them in the bin and get them to jump up and down and pretend it's a trampoline.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you meant you were just off the kids and you're offloading the cannon. Campbell aka Sugar Mama joining us on the air. Make sure you listen to a podcast, Sugar Mamma's Fireplay And how do they afford that it is available on the overplayer app or wherever you get your pods? Hey, can I thanks how much of your time this morning happen shopping?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I have a great day. Guys, you did
Speaker 4: En wake up feeling good Following them on the Socials