Speaker 1: Apoday production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today. Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together.
Speaker 1: Let's go deep, let the emotions flow, and find the lessons to grow and Glow. Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow, and we're here to be your expander. Hey guys, welcome back to Growing Glow.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, exciting to be here.
Speaker 1: We've got a massive catch up episode. Would you guys love? Like I was saying to someone or maybe in my stories the other day, Like Kiara and I see each other pretty much once a month. We want to see each other more. It just hasn't been happening. We need to prioritize it. But once a month, like so much happens every so much, and we talk all the time, true voice notes and update each other. But when we come up here, it's like so much has changed from the last month. I know like in our lives with our kids, or like just work, or how we're feeling about something. So much changes. So we've got lots of updates today for you. But before we get started, what's your share of the week? Okay?
Speaker 2: So my share of the week is a TV show. Okay, it's on Netflix. It's called Ashley Madison.
Speaker 1: Have you watched it? Oh? Is this the Dating?
Speaker 2: Yes? That was Oh my gosh, I found it so doozy.
Speaker 1: I have not watched it, but I've heard about what happened, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So basically, this online website that couples go to have an affair. So it's people who are married or in long term relationships and they go on there. So the person you're having an affair with is also having an affair on their partner, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But their partner doesn't know. It's a private well no, it's.
Speaker 2: A private website. So anyways, there's all these couples that are doing this, and what happens eventually is it all gets leaked someone, so if someone hacks someone hacks it. There's definitely some full on moments in it and some really sad things that happened because of that. But it is just like one of those shows where you're just like, oh my gosh. And there's even people that I watched online and they were on the show.
Speaker 1: I watched them growing up.
Speaker 2: There were YouTubers that I watched what I know, and I was like, oh my gosh, and they were on there, and just like her perspective, how it made her feel, how their relationship was beforehand.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just found it really interesting. And it's only a short series too, it's like four episodes, but it was just one of those ones where I was like really captivated and like, oh my gosh, what's going to happen? Just like even the high up people in the industry, like when it comes out and it's.
Speaker 1: Full on I suppose anything to do with the relationships affairs, it's so taboo, like quote unquote wrong that like everyone being leaked and exposed. That's crazy. It destroyed obviously so many marriages.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think just the storyline and how it happened, and like the shadiness of the people who worked in the business and things happening. How could you work for a business and even like they were, I don't want to give it too much way, but a lot of things that people thought they were getting by being on the website which was like fake. So there was like, so, for example, chatting because there's like fifty thousand men on there but only ten thousand women. They made like forty thousand fake women profiles come over with the exact numbers and they're chatting and doing all this stuff, but it's actually not true.
Speaker 1: So it was a bots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bots all the people working they do.
Speaker 1: They have to pay to be on this website, so it's to make more money because then the men think there's more options.
Speaker 2: Oh it's mind So there's just so many twists and turns, like little things like this that are popping out throughout. So these people are on there to have an affair and then they're actually speaking to a male that's working for that. Yes, there's so much to it, but it's just one of those ones. And I was like I just got so.
Speaker 1: You see my face right now, Joe's on the ground, Like what that actual?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's full on, yeah, but it's just it's mind blowing, like the way just all the different things that pop up throughout. You're like, oh my gosh, that's full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I've seen it, and I don't know why I didn't watch it, but now I kind of want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And because I saw a familiar face, I was like yeah. I was like, I've seen them on YouTube. That's what's going on here.
Speaker 1: And they're not together now they are they stay together? Yeah? Yeah, he go. Oh. My share of the week is I've shared this before, but always trying to turn something negative into something positive, because when I was in Europe it was just really really interesting and I created a reel around it, which is on my Instagram of all of these really negative comments that I got negative dms. I don't comment because I don't want people seeing it. They DM it about me being away with Taj. It was comments like, you know, one was you never wanted a daughter. You know, it's obvious that he's your favorite because you took him overseas. You're showing off because you're filming in business class. Lots of projections, lots just saying how fun and ugly it was. I laugh it because it doesn't affect me. Big things to worry about my world, but lots about my trip, about the money that I spent on the trip, about the new bag I bought about all this stuff. It was just negative. Like honestly, it did not bother me. But I was like, there's quite a bit more, I think because I'm on holidays and my story views Like I don't know about you, but when I'm on holidays, they got like five times more. It's crazy, probably more interesting content than my day to day. But then on the flip side, I got a hundred times more love and beautiful dms of the complete opposite. So people saying, oh my gosh, this quality time with your son is so beautiful, these memories are going to be coore for him, Like I'm so happy you got to do this with them. Oh my gosh, flying business, classic dream come true. You've inspired me that I can do that. I love that you treated yourself with that bag. You're in this new era go you like so many just awesome, loving comments. And I just wanted to make a real that like show different perspective of like what someone might think is disgusting or gross or show offee or whatever, another person thinks it was really inspiring, heartwarming and cool. Yeah, it's just perspective. But I wanted to make a real to turn that negative into a positive. Because I don't like people commenting. Obviously, no one wants to read anything negative. Like I'm going to turn this into something really positive and empowering and help people see the perspective that if you've got people in your life that put you down and put what you do down and it makes you feel like crap, just know those people that think that's really fucking cool. And at the end of the day, like, if you think what you're doing is really fucking cool, that's all that matters. I love that I spent gosh, I probably spent close to fifty thousand dollars on that trip, and I don't regret any of it. I have not worked since I was thirteen years old to not enjoy my life. I have not worked my ass off and hustled and burnt myself out to not go enjoy it. And why do I work. I work so that I can travel and create memories and enjoy nice things with the people that I cherish the most. And I got to fly to Italy with my son in business class. I got to watch her get married with all of her beautiful friends and family. I've got to experience these incredible countries, meet some cool people's try the new foods, have this quality time attached, and have these memories match if something happened to me next year, he's got those beautiful memories, Like I don't regret that for a second, and there is no one that can take that away from me. So it's just it might be an extreme example, but any time in your life, just where can you turn that negativity into positivity? It just makes you feel so empowered.
Speaker 2: And even to know that, like the right people will see your intentions and the wrong ones are gonna pick apart everything you do.
Speaker 1: And like a lot of them are just blocked. I was like, you're not meant to be here with my people. You're not my people. You're not meant to be here. I don't need to hear nah, Like and how cool that I have the power to do that. One girl was like, ah, stop shoving it down in our face that you've got money in your own business class. You're so annoying. Even your face annoys me. I'm like, go away, you following me?
Speaker 2: As soon as you block them, you just they're completely unplugged from you.
Speaker 1: We have control of their choices, Like, yeah, follow people there inspire you don't have to follow anyone. No one's holding a gun to your head and say follow as your bines and all of her adventures. Don't like it? Move on that.
Speaker 2: People that make you feel good, yeah, and that value the same things you value and are on your wavelength.
Speaker 1: Yes, Or if you're triggered, go deeper, like why are you triggered? And what's coming on for you? Are you triggered by me going a holiday because you're learning to go on a holiday? Are you financially really struggling right now? And that triggered you? Like, that's valid and that's okay, Like, but be aware of that. I don't have to project it. You can like sit with that and work on that yourself. I get triggered all the time. Yeah, none of us don't not get triggered. Like, No, it's not about getting to a point where we never get triggered again. It's being able to be Oh, hi there, okay, I see that trick. I feel that trigger. How's it feel? Where's it coming from? What's the meaning I'm going to put on that? And you just get better at like catching them and regulating faster. When it used to get triggered years ago, it could consume me for weeks and like just riddle with anxiety. Like now it's like a micro moment of like, oh I can feel that it feels uneasy, sit with it, and like maybe it needs some more time and space to be felt, or maybe it's like okay, I see you not serving me. Flip it, you know.
Speaker 2: And youw triggers pop up all the time, all the time, like I'll finally start feel okay with one, and then if you won't pop up, like where is this feeling of jealousy come from? Like oh my gosh, hello, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You were there. It's so. But then straight away you're like, okay, that jealous has popped up because it's obviously something I'm wanting. Yeah, you know, and you find the meaning and then you move through it. You don't sit there, you know, burying yourself in a hole thinking you're a horrible person because you feel jealous and like something's wrong with them or me, Like it's like, okay, it's there. Fuck, maybe I'm wanting that. Yeah, actually acknowledge myself, give myself that. Yeah you know. So yeah, that's my share of the week. It's a rant. Now. I just felt very empowered being able to switch and turn that around. And I got a lot of messages afterwards too, just been like, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you have to experience that. And I'm like, I'm good, Like I'm good.
Speaker 2: I think it's so long.
Speaker 1: I have dealt with it for so long. But also there's much bigger things in the world. I've been through brain surgery, I've got another one coming up. Someone calling me fat and ugly. It's fine, Like it honestly flips right over my head.
Speaker 2: And it's just once you know projections and you know all that stuff, You're like, it doesn't hit you the same.
Speaker 1: It does not like when you're so secute in yourself. I'm like, you can call me whatever you like. I feel sad for you. I feel sad that you're feeling like that about yourself. Yeah. Yeah, anyways, moving on, I feel a good ranch.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've got a big episode today. We'll be chatting a little bit about what I've been going through with Miller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got Europe.
Speaker 2: We're talking about our periods.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my god, because actually.
Speaker 2: Update then I'm doing something new this month too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, tattle about us. Should we start there? Let the flood gates open. No pun intended. Okay, So, as you guys know, I had my first brain surgery to put a stent into my brain andnderism on my right hand side of my brain, and afterwards I have to be on two lots of blood thinners, one for three months and one for twelve months. Cool. I was like, sweet, Like, I take supplements all the time. I'll never forget them because it's really important to not forget them. Like, if you don't take these blood thinners, like you could stroke, it could rupture, it could clot. It's like dangerous to skip them. But I was like, I'm great at taking supplements. This is easy. Anyways, ninety six percent of my Instagram audience are females, so I know this isn't too much information. And if you get triggered by blood, maybe switch off from this one. Yeah. So I was due for my period, got my period morning, about to go for a walk, puffed a tampon in and I went walked about I reckon ten twenty meters down my street. I felt really wet down there, and I was like, I'm not turned on. And then I like and I have a tampon. It and I have a tampon, and I looked down and there was blood everywhere. I'm talking, it looks like someone slashed my thigh open and everywhere, and I'm like, oh, my fucking god, what's happened. So I went back ran, and so I went to the toilet, took my shorts off, like I could literally wring the shorts. There was so much blood. Took the tampon out and it was just clots after clots after clots, and I honestly thought I was miscarrying. And I said to Steve, I think I'm having a miscarriage, and he was like what. It would not stop coming out. So I called my girlfriend Meg because she's a nurse. She was like, I need you to scoop out one of the clots and show me what it looks like because they're all in the toilet. And I was like, okay, and tell me what kind of pain you're in. And I'm like, I'm not in any page. She's like, that's a really good sign. And then I scooped out like a big It was like the side of my hand a clot and she's like, okay, there's no memory in there. You're not having a miscarriage. This is from your blood thinners. Did they not warn you about this? I was like, no, no, one won't be about anything. She's like, oh, your periods are going to be very, very intense. I was like, this is beyond intense, Like this is I can't get off the toilet, so anyway in the next space twenty minutes. So I sat on the toilet for a while until I was like, Okay, surely that's enough for it. That's enough, that's Leita's gone, Like, we've got to be done right. So I put a tampon in and I put period undies on and black bike shorts and I'm like, I'm going to leak. At least it's got lots of protection. Now, I'm all good. Within five minutes it's leaking through. My shorts are saturated. I'm like, are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Back to the toilet. I could ring out my undies if I tried. It was crazy. Did that again the space of twenty minutes. I went through three tampons, three period undies, and three pairs of black shorts and it would not stop. Called Levi as well, and he was like, oh my gosh, I wish I warned you about that. I just thought they would have told you, but like, this is what's going to happen for a while. And I was like, it's not anything I can tell. He's like, no, this is part of your ernie. I'm like, oh my goodness. So that day it was like it was on landed on the weekend. So like I just sat on the toilet for the next hour and then just had to like layer up, and then I obviously got like pads and stuff. And it was two days of just intensity. When I got out of hospital, I was all of a sudden craving steak, and I started eating steak like at least two times a day, sometimes three times a day, like breaking lunch and dinner, and I reckon my body. Like intuitively knew to like stock me up and get me full of iron because I was gonna lose so much blood. Maybe that intuition was just like there, but yeah, it's so intense and it'll be passed by the time you guys listen to this. But like, we have a live podcast event tomorrow and I'm due tomorrow, and I'm like, Okay, how are you gonna do this? So our beautiful podcast producer. I called her like in a panic, and she's like, I've got you covered, and she messaged me that night she's like a book black cushions. You guys gonna sit on those because it's like a beautiful white couch that was sitting on and I'm gonna be layering up. And Kiara knows all about it, so we'll just like be checking in. But yeah, right before we go into it, right when we exactly we've got a plan and play.
Speaker 2: I got a plan.
Speaker 1: I don't know where my second surgery is now, and I'm just like constantly trying to call the hospital to get a new date. I want to asap because the longer this next surgery is going to be, the longer I have to be on these blood thinners. This is actually going to like prevent me from living a couple of days a month, like I have to be at home.
Speaker 2: Yeap's insane And yeah, I don't know if you haven't listened. Like way back, I had really intense periods and I remember like similar thing I had tampon in period undies went for a twenty minute walk, bled out everywhere. There was once where I nearly called an ambulance because I was bleeding so much and I was like fainting. I was similar, but then I went on medication for it because I was like, Okay, this is not okay. Anyways, I've been obviously changing my lifestyle a lot the last year. I've been implementing a lot of different things. And last month when I took my medication, I was like, my period's barely here. Also the month before that same sort of thing, and I was like, I feel like my body's ready to try to not be on the medication. But every time it lands on my period lately, and you're probably finding the same because we're pretty in sync. It's when we're up at the podcast. So every month I'm like, oh, just take it in case, Like I'll just takeing a case. But I said to Ashley, I'm like, this is going to be my first month trying without my medication. So between the two.
Speaker 1: Bloody mess bloody message, she literally said in a voice message last it was it last night. You're like, I'm gonna do it. We're gonna be bloody messes together.
Speaker 2: Because obviously I don't want to be on these forever. And I've changed so many things that I'm like, I want to try getting off it. And we spoke about it and I was like, there's always going to be something I need to just not do it and just see what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, dear. So the other update is, yeah, I went to Europe and it was amazing. So if you guys had listened a little while ago as well, we were very hesitant on who was going to go to the wedding. Either all of us were going to go. I was gonna go solo, I was gonna take Tarj. We didn't know who was going to go. And then Steve actually did an Ayahuascar session and when he came back, he had this download of like, you and Targe need to go and have a mum and son trip. You guys need that time together. I'm going to stay with Tayla. That's what we did. We planned and book the trip. I get quite a lot of intrusive thoughts around my children being kidnapped or something happening to them. I've done a whole episode on them when I'm in the house alone. I've been an ambassador for Project Rescue Children before, so I've just heard the worst of the worst stories of what happens to little children, and especially in Europe, it's just very common over there. So I had big fears of taking both of them, more so Tala because she's two and very unpredictable two year olds of like tornadoes. Can't have them on the lease. They literally ran away from you and likes targed. I can hold his hand the whole time and he just understands everything, so I felt safe for taking him. Anyways, we went, We had the best time. It was absolutely incredible. He was such a legend to travel with. There was just no moments where I felt like he wasn't adjusting or he wasn't enjoying himself. The first time we got there, we were both very exhausted. If you guys watched my Instagram stories. We went to have pizza and he was like trying to keep his eyes open at the leaving the pizza. But it was like twenty four hours to get there. It's a friggin' hectic and even we got you Rome Airport was two and a half hours laate in the immigration line. Wow. So he had a moment there where he was a bit overwhelmed because we were just so tired but after we got a four nights, so we went to bed like six pm. And it's complete opposite time zone, so when you guys were getting up, we were going to bed. But we went to sleep that night, woke up, got to explore Rome that was really really cool. And then the next day we went to the wedding location, which was out at a place called in DC I think it is, and that's where most of the wedding guests were staying. It was just like only wedding guests on the property in the middle of nowhere, which was really cool. Made me feel like safe that everyone was just there. Taji and I had a little room and it was just really cool and the wedding was beautiful. And then next stop was Disneyland parents and oh it was so.
Speaker 2: Good, honestly amazing, like the best. Yeah, goal, Like it was a huge goal of mine. You have to take my kids to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Everyone who has kids.
Speaker 2: You have to even yourself as an adult, feel in a child like, yeah, he doesn't want to go to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: It is just barcket list. It was magical and just so much fun. And I went on all the rides attaj which I'm very not a right person. One massive tip I said this on my social media if you ever go to Disneyland, it's expensive, but get a fast pass because the lines are huge, and we weren't even there like in peak peak season, but some of the rides were like it says on there like an hour long, or hour and thirty minutes long, hour and forty five minutes long. So like with children, they don't want to be waiting in lines.
Speaker 2: It's we do only get on like three rides literally, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone says you need three days for Disneyland. We did it in six hours. So it was nearly six hundred dollars for a fast pass with both of us got on every ride within like five ten minutes. Yeah, and we got to sit down and have lunch. That's another thing too. Everyone said the food at Disneyland is like disgusting, take your own snacks, blah blah blah. But we had a beautiful lunch. It was like it was like a tariarchy chicken with like a fried rice and next to it there was a steakhouse, which we had to wait like an hour we went there, but we had a beautiful lunch and then we got a yummy soft served ice cream, and I think he got a cookie and it was beautiful. But just the joy in his face of like me being out of experience that with him was oh, just like I'll never forget it. The next day we drove into Paris City and it's just bucket listed me and Steve has no interest in Paris. He just never wanted to go. It's just not something he's interested in. So I was so excited that I could go and like tick that off, and I fell in love with the city. It's magical. And once again everyone's like it's dirty. There's so much crime, like hold your handbag close, there's peppocket is everywhere. Didn't experience any of that, and everyone warned me that everyone's very rude. Complete opposite. I think everyone was so kind, so understanding, even with language barriers. I went to like the touristy spots to get photos where you can see the Eiffel Tower. I put my trifle on there. I was like, I'm just gonna risk it, like I'm mindful, like I'm looking around to make sure no one's too close to tripod and I put Taje in place so quickly, push record, go stand there like do a little thing and then grab it again. But like, I didn't see any crime, so maybe we got lucky. But I found it a really beautiful city. And yeah, we went to this incredible restaurant which I don't know how we got seats there because apparently it's so hard to get into it called led Giraffe, and they've got all inside that you can't see the Eiffel Tower, and then a couple of seats outside and we were bang in front of it, like literally, just like the most perfect view. We had an awesome steak, we got a yummy dessert, and then every hour on the hour, the Eiffel Tower sparkles.
Speaker 2: I looked honestly amazing stories I couldn't even imagine in person.
Speaker 1: I can't even explain it. It is just incredible. The hotel that we stayed at. Everyone's asking I can't pronounce it. It's like for something like that. But someone swiped up and said, that's where they filmed the restaurant in Emily in Paris. Have you watched that series? I was like, oh my god, I've watched a couple of episodes, but I didn't realize I said, yeah, that's the exact restaurant that they film at, so we stayed there and that was awesome. But then we were booked in for another hotel that had a view of the Eiffel Tower, and from the photos, the view looked very distant. When I got there and we pulled up to the hotel, I was like, it's right there. It's literally in front of us. So we got in our bowcon. I was like, oh my god, I'm not booking a restaurant tonight. We're getting room service and we're gonna sit and like eat and watch it sparkle. And we watched it at nine pm and ten pm, so we've got two more sparkles and then it was time to come home. It was quite a fast trip for a europe Troops.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask, did it go really fast because you went to a couple different places. Yeah, it didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't. I think it didn't because I really soaked up and enjoyed every moment and there wasn't really timelines apart from like the connecting flights and whatever, but even those are just with him. He loves aeroplanes, so like I hate flying, but he loves it, so his joy just took away any fear I had in some moments when there was rough turbulence and I jump like I do get scared. He would hold my hand. He's like, it's just the clouds, mom, It's okay, it's normal. With how relaxed he was, I was just like, Okay, we've got this. The jet LAG's rough, like I'm on sleeping tablets, taking half asleep in tablet each night. And the one night I didn't, I was awake from one am. So the jet lag on the way back rough. On the way over sweet, but Taj hasn't been faced. He's sleeping all night full of beans. So day we got home was like so exhausted, he was sweet. It has not affected him one bit. I said it in a recommendation, and think in a previous episode or all like a share of the week. If you have older children, like I cannot recommend taking them on a trip more like it is just the quality time you get with them. It's so special. It's something I will never ever forget. And I want to take Tarla to Disneyland. To be honest, I was looking at the young kids around and I thought I would be like, oh, I wish Charla was here to experience this. But honestly, the toddlers that were there were asleep in their pram, running away from their parents or screaming and having tantrums, and I felt like the parents looked really frazzled. The older kids kind of not were missing out, but it was just looking like much with Taj and I were literally like I was like a little kid, like running around with him, like just like getting all excited and chatting. It was just it was really amazing. So when she's probably eight, I would probably take both of them again, but I wouldn't take her young when she can't remember it. I'm sure she had a great day.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't notice the difference between saying go into like sea World or dream or not, you know what I mean at that, she just wouldn't notice.
Speaker 1: The amount of money and travel and like exhaustion to get over there for that, Like, yeah, I think it's better to wait till they can adjust better. Like Yahaj's perfect age. Oh that cycol Oh. I loved it. I never get post holiday blues because I love coming back to my reality. But I didn't want it to end. I just like was having so much fun with him, but it's really cool to come home to Tala. Like I was telling Kiara this morning, she asked me her reaction, and when I came to the lounge dream she was just like mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy ran up to me and her legs It's like she couldn't control them. She was so excited, and she would just stare at me and like touch my face really softly and just like the biggest grin on her face. And we sat on the couch and she wrapped her legs around me and she just stare like there's this big grid in my face and stare at me. And her and Steve had really beautiful quality time, like they have bonded so much. Like she was a massive mummies girl. Now at night, like I've always put it to bed and now it's like daddy, do daddy brush teeth, Daddy do this, Daddy, Daddy, daddy, Like it's very it's more even now. Yes, so I think they really got a chance to bomb. But when I'm there, when I was just there, was she always wanted me. So they've had that chance to like hang out properly. And he's really loved that. Oh that's yeah, it's really nice. So my other update is just waiting for my next surgery public system. Everyone's like, why do you go private? But I want this same surgeon, so they only do public. I just want to get it over and done with. So yeah, I'm just waiting for that. Otherwise, life goes on. What's your update? Lot's been going on for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, as you guys know, I think I've roughly spoken about, like Miller struggling bits and pieces with school, but lately it's been a lot more intense, Probably the last three to six months. I feel like it's gradually just been getting worse and worse and worse. She's been getting really anxious about school. There's been tears like every single morning the night beforehand. I've just been having to like you know, stay out with her and like have it pep talk with her and tell her like you know, like it's okay, Mommy will be there with you. We can go and do this, we can go and do that. And it starts on like a Sunday night. She's really bad on a Sunday night, So she usually has like a big male down for like a solid hour or longer on a Sunday night, where she's needing a lot of comfort, and then it's I would say by Thursday she starts to get a bit more comfortable with going to school. Friday she's usually okay. Saturday she's good. Sunday it starts again. So it's pretty much like three days of the week where she's okay, and then the rest of the time she's just been really anxious. We kind of knew what she was going through, and we have been seeing pediatricians to try to get some help to navigate through this. Her teacher put us aside and was like, you know, I've dealt with so many kids with anxiety and separation, anxiety and all different things, and she's like, I just feel like there's something a little bit different with Miller. Obviously hearing that, there's like two sides to it all. There's the initial emotions of being upset because obviously she's already got things at an extra on her plate, being a baby that was born with a cleft and you know, having her surgeries and stuff that she still has to navigate. Kurd I held a lot of sadness just because you know, you just want it. You just want whatever issue they're going to have, like you just want to take it on yourself anyway. We don't have any diagnosis of anything yet, but we are going through the process of potentially getting a diagnosis, which I'll talk about more once we actually get it. The reason why I'm kind of not sharing exactly what it is or anything like that is because I'm just kind of right now, I'm not wanting outside noise. There's enough like going on, and there's so many people we're seeing. We're seeing natural paths, we're seeing psychologists, we're seeing neuropsychologists, we're seeing pediatricians, We're seeing her school counselor catch ups with their teachers. Like there's so much going on. A couple weeks ago, we had four appointments. One of them was with Kurtine it was almost three hours long. With her neuropsychologist. It's just been really heavy, Like it's just been really heavy lately because obviously Miller not coping and being so upset and trying to hold her and be there for her and show up as the best mum I can be to make sure she feels comforted, and such a fine line of like you know, pushing and then pulling back on certain things, like even dancing. I've taken her out of dance class because like it's just another whole thing for her right now, and she wasn't coping with that as well. She was getting super emotional when she had to go, So I was like, we're just like stopping that. There's enough going on. And then, you know, even just like with having a naturopath, there's all these new supplements, trying to get her to take the supplements, and it's been like the taste grows. They are fucking rank our kids meant to do that, I know. So yeah, it's been a journey, guys, and it's just kind of us now we're in the unknown, we're in the limbo once we actually have a diagnosis, so obviously be a lot more we can.
Speaker 1: Do to support her.
Speaker 2: School's being amazing, Like at the moment, what's happening is we're actually dropping her straight to the school counselor rather than to class and she gets to like draw a flower with her and like go pat the guinea pigs. But basically, what the neuropsychologist is thinking is because she's probably got this underlying issue that's going on, and she's been masking for so long, she's been pushed to the spot now where she can't hold her mask up anymore. She can't fake it. So it's just got to the point now where like that's why the anxiety is showing where it's coming from. It's not actually anxiety. It's because she's masking and trying to quote unquote fit in, and she's sick of having the mask up. She's got push to the point where she's like, I can't fake this anymore. So it made a lot of sense to me when she said in that way, because it did feel like it came on quite quickly, Like now we kind of know all the things that we know. I feel like she probably is going to have a diagnosis with this. Once we know and we can support her, I will feel good, I think just right now because like even the school and stuff, they're definitely doing things to help with her. Like once we actually have like a diagnosis, we'll know exactly what she's needing. Yeah, she's got a break card now, so whenever she needs a break, she just says like okay, or a teacher can say, I feel like you need a break, Miller, do you want to run up and go have a break, so she can go like play Lego, but just being in the classroom environment just seems to be very overwhelming for her. So that's just going to be the new thing for us to navigate, you know. And I mean the coolest thing is we've got so many people that are incredible in their field that we're seeing and we're speaking to, so you know, whatever their guidance is with us best assisting Miller. I've had an influx of messages coming through saying so many different opinions, and I just want to straightway say like please, I know you're coming from a good place, but right now, like we're getting advice from professionals and like even his people being like homeschooler but then like a professional right now is like saying, it's just such a fine line. Once we know what's going on, then we can start to make decisions because it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not going on online can give their opinion and know what's right for your daughter at the end of the day, even the medical professions like one hundred percent you're weak listening and taking it all on. But you, as her mom, like you intuitively would make decisions it's right for her and your family.
Speaker 2: Until you're actually living and breathing it and having to deal with like your child being so unhappy. Like the other day, we're even at a birthday party and she was like, I don't want to go. Then she was like I do want to go. Then she's like I don't want to go. And I was like, okay, well let's just go and see how you feel, babe. We went, and like twenty minutes in she had this massive meltdown and it was a lot. There was a lot going on, and I pulled her aside and she just started sobbing, and she was like, why can't I just be normal? What's wrong with me? Like why am I feeling like this? And I just held her and I was like, your heart is your superpower, babe, Like all these big feelings you're feeling, like, yes, they feel like a lot, but there's so many beautiful things you can do with that, and like Mummy's always here to support you, like you know. And we just ducked away and just went and hid in the back room for like an hour, and I was like, but it's just now us as her parents learning to adapt our lifestyle, because it's coming so hard and fast. It's us now learning what her capacity is and what she can and can't handle, because she's always mastered and now she can't anymore. It's us learning to support her and even little things like that. What we'll probably do next time. I take two cars, so when she's ready to leave, one of us can go.
Speaker 1: Take her home. What you're going to have to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, but until you are in the city situation, because she was always fine, but we haven't been to a birthday party for like a month, and she's obviously gotten a lot worse within that time frame. So it's just a whole new kettle of fish. It's just the whole new journey, you know, learning to support her and navigate her and without.
Speaker 1: Answers to let you encourred her learning as well, Like definitely learning as parents how to navigate this for her, for yourselves, to the other kids. Definitely what the future looks like if you do get a diagnosis, what that looks like, What treatments are there, what support is there? Yeah, Financially like there's so many layers and financially.
Speaker 2: Too huge, Like I think in like one week, we spent like probably five grand in appointments in one week, and we're just like this is hectic, it's full on. It's a lot. And then yeah, like I mean the other elements is like obviously I've definitely had my moments with like not so much Reagan because I feel like I get a lot of one on one time with Rigs when the others you're at school, but Lincoln, like whenever I have spare time, I've been really like all hands on deck with him, like going and playing soccer last night, playing Harry Potter with him. The night before, We're cuddling on the couch, like just trying to find those pockets of time, but then also being there for Miller because she's needing me when she's emotional. It's just been a juggling act. But we should have a diagnosis by the end of October. Until then, it's just.
Speaker 1: Day by day, day by day. Yeah, it's a lot for all of you.
Speaker 2: It is a lot.
Speaker 1: She's very lucky to have you as a mama, though I keep saying that to you, but she really is like there's nothing more that you can do, Like you're doing everything more and beyond to support her, make sure she feels loved and it will be her superpower one day. Like I just know it. I know it will be, it's just like you're in the thick of navigating it. That's really hard as a mama.
Speaker 2: It is because like the one thing you want to be able to do is like consolidate your child, and when everything you're doing, like you can't do that and it's like happening daily, Yeah you do. You feel like a failure.
Speaker 1: It's definitely triggering, of course, And like you said at start, you just want to take anything from them like you would even when I was in hospital, Like I just was like, I'm so glad this is me, not my kid, like you would just take all this sadness even if they get a flu. I'm like, oh I wish I was sick, not them.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like accepting it, right because it's only been a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surrendering.
Speaker 2: So now it's like I'm surrendering. It's like this is a new chapter and like this is our new normal and I just want to figure out how I can best support her and be therefore as a mum. And I think, you know, for a few weeks I was definitely very solidly on her, which is great. But then even when I had moments away from her, I was dissociating and like keep myself busy with work again, felt myself going back to my old ways of like not wanting to deal with my shit. And then the last like few days, I've been like what's going on here here? And I've really started to kind of bring it all back in and like, Okay, I need to keep connecting to myself so I can be her best mum and support her in the best way and not just like cover everything up with extra things.
Speaker 1: And energetically too. It's hard for you to show up if your cup's empty, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's easier to like mentally sometimes like keep plotting along when you keep like putting distractions in front of you, so like I'm not having to deal with it, not having deal with it, like yeah, you know, but yeah, it's been to tears that first couple of weeks. Like I was said to ask you to cry like five times a day. She's just like an each your appointment you go to, like you nearly feel like you're like bad mouthing your kid, And I feel like it is time that needs to be spoken about as well, but it needs to happen. But like Kurt and I both walked away and were like that was horrible, Like the questions I asked, like just like all of her worst traits because they need to try to get to a diagnosis. She's trying to understand this, so you're highlighting it and having to say like all the yeah, and I feels like we both just felt like and it's what Kurt said to me. He's like, I feel so shit saying it because she's like she's the best little girl, like she's an actual angel, and I hate being there and having to like pick apart. So I'm kind of glad like that part's done, Like we've gone through that now. So that's why I said to Kinm, like we don't have to do that anymore. Like we've got our team of people and we've gone through the chat with each of them. Now it's just like how can we support her?
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, it is a lot.
Speaker 2: Hey life, You're just like always throwing random things that are coming up. But that's just part of the journey, and you know, like I've just got to keep remembering that it's happening for us for some sort of reason, like obviously I'm supposed to be her support person and be there for her. And she's supposed to be teaching me some sort of lesson and for.
Speaker 1: A high purpose. That's everyone. That's it. She'll do something really big one day, Like she'll definitely be some sort of healer or she'll speak on stages. Yeah, she'll do something really big with it, and it all because of this journey that she's going on. You know, it's also really valid to just be like, fuck, this feels a lot, this feels heavy, this is sad, this sucks, like why us, Like you're allowed to have those moments as well, and even the distraction of work, like there's many ways that we cope and some days that's what you might need. Some days you might need to distract.
Speaker 2: And I reverted back to alcohol, saying ashally, I was like, not proud of myself and like this is just me having a vulnerable moment, being vulnerable on the podcast. But yeah, that was another thing too. I was like I don't want to feel all of this and I don't want to think about it, especially while in the unknown and not knowing. But I've stopped that now. Like my old crutch was distraction with work and drinking and going into my masculine and that's exactly what I did. It helps you cope feel safe when I got pushed to that point of being like, oh my god, I don't feel safe anymore. It's like what can I do. It's like go back to your old ways.
Speaker 1: And it puts you in control. I control work, and I control this and that, Like that does make you feel safe here, whereas all this stuff kind of almost feels like a bit out of your control. Definitely, all you can do, which the feminine is, is all about surrendering and trusting, Trusting in yourself, trusting in her that she's got this and it's got this, Trusting the medical team, yeah, trusting in the school, trusting in the journey, trusting in your family, dynamic, your unit, you container that you've held for her, like, trusting in all of it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the school thing's just such a fine line as well, which we will chat more about. But sometimes as well, when you take kids completely out of situations, it can make it worse for them if they're struggling in that way, because then they're not even having.
Speaker 1: To they're not exposed, they're not exposed to it.
Speaker 2: So it's just a fine line. We're walking and you know, we're so open to whatever we need to do, but I just want to make sure that I'm not rushing to do anything the way and just make exploring all options and you know what, whatever's meant to be will pop up. I'm not going to be the perfect mum, but I'm just trying the best to juggle it all.
Speaker 1: Right now, all you can do is do the best.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the update.
Speaker 1: Well, hope you guys enjoyed the episode. Big catch up, Yeah, quite vulnerable open. We do have some exciting things coming up for Grow and Glow. We're planning our very first live event. It will be right here in Brisbane, which is really exciting. Don't have dates yet, but we're hoping by the end of the year, which is really really cool. And we have a new product coming out Wi's really exciting. Stay tuned to our social media find out what it is.
Speaker 2: So freaking cool cool.
Speaker 1: And along with that same date of release, we'll be doing a restock of our Grow and Glow Healing journal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring it on, bring it on. Yeah, if you guys haven't left a review as well, lift you make sure you follow come over to the forum.
Speaker 1: Yes, If you love the episode, pop it up in your story, share with your friends and family. It really helps support us.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, guys, we'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,