Speaker 1: On Scotland's Ostrodia. This is the Wider Panalty Show. Good evening and welcome to the Rita Paney Show.
Speaker 2: Coming up tonight, a Labor Party linked climate charity receiving funding from firms embroiled in slave labor allegations in China. Adam Crichton will be here to discuss that and much more.
Speaker 1: Labor pledges millions more in.
Speaker 2: Medicare funding for lgbt Qia plus Australians.
Speaker 1: Stephanie Bastian has the details.
Speaker 2: We'll have advertising guru Richard Ralph Smith here to analyze the good, the bad and the ugly output of the major parties. And the Great Josh Hammer will have the latest from the US right after left He's losing it. And tonight we feature Joe Biden. Yes he's back.
Speaker 3: The parking lot and I had never seen I had never seen hardly any black people and Scranton.
Speaker 2: At the time when I but first Australia's plummeting birth rates, an issue that is being ignored by Labor and the Coalition despite the enormous impact it has on our country, it's demographics and its long term economic health. The Albanezi government's latest budget projected that Australia's birth rate will four to one point four this financial out. That's well below the rate of two point one. The ABS says we need to maintain a stable population and now former Treasurer Repetic Costello, who famously gave out three thousand dollars baby bonuses in his twenty two thousand and two budget, is warning that productivity is about to crash further. He told The Australian we are facing stronger headwinds in the future with fertility decline and an increase in the age dependency ratio. That means all other things being equal, productivity growth will be less. Joining me now for more on this, senior fellow and Chief Economists at the Institute of.
Speaker 1: Public Affairs, Adam Crichton. Adam, we have.
Speaker 2: Lots of policies aimed at young people in this election, a lot of focus on first home buyers, but really nothing on this very crucial issue, and it.
Speaker 1: Speaks about so much.
Speaker 2: It speaks about all sorts of societal issues as well as economic issues.
Speaker 4: Well, certainly, one of the reasons why I think young couples are not having children is because of two high house prices and yet the housing policies that have been proposed in this selection will actually push up those prices even more. So far from having no policies on the issue, the policies are actually bad for the issue. It's you know, it is a glaring emission that there's nothing nothing being said on either side of politics about this serious issue. One point four is seriously low, and I would say it's actually worse than that if you look at the native born population.
Speaker 1: So often talk about record low.
Speaker 4: So often it's migrant communities who have a lot of children. So the native born communities is having even less.
Speaker 5: Than one point four.
Speaker 4: And the problem in this country is we've just relied on immigrant for so long, mass immigration. You know, we had one point two million people come into this country in net terms in just three years from twenty twenty two to now, and so no one's looking at this. So if we slow the immigration down, we're going to notice the birth rate effect much much more. We could get creative like hungry for instance, where where I think recently there's a law change there that if a woman has four kids, she never pays income tax again.
Speaker 5: So that's a creative solution that may or may not work.
Speaker 4: But you know, but we should note that governments around the world have tried throwing money at families to.
Speaker 5: Have children, and it's very very hard. I mean the Japanese government case in point. I mean the birth rate there is even lower, the population.
Speaker 4: Shrinking very fast, and they spend a fortune on trying to get, you know.
Speaker 5: To get women to have children. I mean some of it is psychological.
Speaker 4: We've got so much, you know, so much climate change propaganda that some very misled young people are scared to have children.
Speaker 5: So that's another issue to absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think it speaks about all sorts of issues in a country when people don't want to have kids. I think it's even deeper than just housing cost and cost of living pressures.
Speaker 1: And you're right about Hungary.
Speaker 2: They are instituted a raft of policies and they are working. They have seen their birth rate booth, and you don't have to have four kids.
Speaker 1: They're not that.
Speaker 2: You can have just one child as a woman and you'll get a twenty five percent discount on your income tax rate that you're charged, and you have two kids fifty percent discounts, So there's a real incentive. But I think Australia we just rely on immigration, and we don't see this as a real issue because we'll just bring in more people.
Speaker 4: Look, there's a crazy belief out there too that the world's population is spiring out of control. Well, actually, as Elon Musk always points out, it's actually going to be spiring out.
Speaker 5: Of control in a downward direction pretty soon. Birth rates are falling everywhere, so even China. We are sharing it in China as well.
Speaker 1: It's ont due today.
Speaker 2: One Child policy is now seeing the impact of that, and it's going to be devastating for them in the medium term. Now, let's talk about the Smart Energy sol a green lobby group with links to labor and this We've got a senior advisor who's at Simon Holmes the Court.
Speaker 6: You've heard of him.
Speaker 2: Well, the Smart Energy Council has been court accepting thousands of dollars in funding from renewable energy companies accused of using Wiga slave labor in China. One of those firms is a major Chinese solar panel manufacturer, Jinko Solar.
Speaker 1: And Simon Homes.
Speaker 2: The Court actually attended a tour of one of their Chinese factories back in twenty nineteen as part of a delegation led by the Smart Energy Council. The council has a track record of donating to the ALP and has run campaigns telling voters to bin the Coalition. It is responsible for the disputed claim that the opposition's nuclear policy will cost six.
Speaker 1: Hundred billion Adam.
Speaker 2: I struggle to understand how this mob, this group enjoys charity status.
Speaker 4: Well, they always give themselves fancy names, smart energy Councils, to give the illusion of, you know, that it's bipartisan, when it's clearly not.
Speaker 5: These are just highly political outfits.
Speaker 4: The six hundred billion dollar figure, Actually the coalition should be pushing back more against that.
Speaker 5: I mean, where does it come from.
Speaker 4: And let's face it, even if it's even if it's true, at least we would get some nuclear powers, yes, for the six hundred rather than rather than borrowing five hundred billion during COVID for everyone to stay at home.
Speaker 5: But you know, the point here.
Speaker 4: From this that I drew it was just the extraordinary hypocrisy on the left with climate change, that you've got this slave labor being used to you know, to build the solar panels. And these are the same people who would say, oh, we need the highest industrial standards, the highest workplace standards, So you know, just just extraordinary hypocrisy.
Speaker 5: I would say.
Speaker 2: Now, the US is actively considering fifteen bespoke agreements with fifteen unnamed countries, and the Wall Street Journal is reporting that Treasury Scott Treasury Secretary of Scott percent is prioritizing quick agreements with South Korea, Kingdom and Australia, prioritizing deals with the US's strongest allies. Meanwhile, Adam, a top Chinese official, has launched an extraordinary attack against President Trump and America over the decision to slap a one hundred and forty five percent levy on goods from China.
Speaker 1: He called the move brutally unreasonable.
Speaker 2: They're senior Chinese official who overseas Hong Kong and Macau said, the US isn't after our tariffs, but our very survival.
Speaker 1: Let those peasants in the un hited States whale in front of the.
Speaker 2: Five thousand years of Chinese civilization.
Speaker 1: Goodness, may China's.
Speaker 2: Not used to a powerful country standing up time.
Speaker 5: I certainly not. Look, I mean, I'm not surprised that they're angry.
Speaker 4: I mean, some of the language it's quite amusing, but we've got, you know, we have a bullfight here between the two biggest balls in the world. So it's you know, it could get get quite agro. Let's hope it never gets to a military point. But on the trade front, there's going to be a lot of tariffs slapped on either side and hopefully Australia Australia comes out of it okay in the end. But it's worth pointing out too, you know, kind of your earlier story there about the possibility of an.
Speaker 5: Agreement with the US. I mean, we've done reasonably well out of this.
Speaker 4: There's tariffs of the tariffs have gone on all countries and we've just got ten percent, and that may even be lessened based on your story earlier.
Speaker 5: So you know, I think there's been a huge hysterical reaction about this policiciller and it's been completely over the top.
Speaker 2: That's waiting to say, completely over the top, particularly when you look at other nations who've got tariffs against our products.
Speaker 1: And there seems to be a little objection there.
Speaker 5: And so China going to stop you. I mean, China basically blockaded.
Speaker 4: Our coal for ages because we are any of our farming products, and there was nowhere near the reaction here that there has been with the US.
Speaker 5: Please, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And also the way you're seeing people siding with this communist regime, the communist regime that enslaves Wiguas because of their religious leaves, that a slave labor, that Ain has a political dissidents who are facing the death penalty. Well, and you've got people who supposedly value human rights siding with China because Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: It's very telling.
Speaker 4: I think they actually do like the Chinese model of government more, even though.
Speaker 5: They don't say it, and that's why they don't attack them.
Speaker 4: They quite like the total aiteners and they think it's efficient, they think it works.
Speaker 5: They don't like the US idea of freedom. Yeah, that's the real issue.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to check in on the major party's social media campaigns. This week, they've been spooking their new housing policies. Let's have a look at what Labour put up on their Instagram page.
Speaker 7: I feel like our generation will actually be able to buy our own homes now. I just saw Albo's announcement that all first home buyers will only need a five percent deposit, and Labour's going to build one hundred thousand new homes just for first home buys that property investors won't be able to bit on.
Speaker 1: And we had this from the Libs.
Speaker 8: Three hundred and forty homes are complete and as these have been acquired and conversion into social and affordable housing.
Speaker 5: So do you say acquired and converted?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's my understanding.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Well then yeah, no, you go.
Speaker 6: I'll just go past to my team.
Speaker 5: How many of the three forty were built and how many were required?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see if we can provide you with that answer.
Speaker 9: We can't afford three more years of labor authorized by a host liberal camera.
Speaker 2: Adam, I'll be speaking to an advertising expert shortly about how the major parties are faring.
Speaker 1: But what do you make of what you've seen so far?
Speaker 2: Actually, before I get your answer, let's check in with the Greens as well.
Speaker 1: They matter.
Speaker 5: They matter.
Speaker 9: We've just been out doing being in Merrickville and it is crystal clear that Palestine is absolutely on the minds of people here. They are totally disappointed for the Albanezi government's complicity in the genocide, and they're planning to send him a message at the ballot box.
Speaker 1: Will keep him dumbing out.
Speaker 10: Balestine is an election issue, but so is the cost of living, so is events going through the roof.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: The Green seem to think that Palestine is a major election issue.
Speaker 4: Look, that was the first takeaway there for me. I mean they didn't even talk about the climate. They talked about Gaza and basically keeping the Liberal Party out.
Speaker 5: So they're just a highly political effort in organization.
Speaker 4: Really, the climate is less and less an issue with the other two ads. Well, I think the young woman in the labor ad is going to get a rude shock when house prices keep going up. The labor policy is not going to make any difference. And of course this is the the five percent deposit policy, which you know, I mean think about it. Does it Does it make sense to buy a million dollar asset with fifty thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: I mean, what happens if the price goes down? Who's I mean? Who I mean who actually cops the loss? There? Well, this is a touchdoiler or the buyer.
Speaker 2: Because so many on the left do want house prices to drop. In fact, even Clara O'Neil got some criticism because she said, we don't want to see prices drop. These people don't seem to understand that if how's prices drop, that is economic disaster for Australians and a great many Australian households whose biggest asset is their home and they often have got significant borrowings against that home. So if that value of that asset drops, that is not a healthy economy.
Speaker 5: It's very true.
Speaker 4: I'm instantly looking back through history. The biggest depressions are caused by huge crashes in the property market, and I think if we had one now, it would be a very big depression. Indeed, look at you know, we've Australia's got itself into this issue where we're extremely dependent on house prices.
Speaker 5: Going up every year. As you say, everyone's borrowed fast sums of money. You know, like the irishman that joke.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to be starting here to get back to that other place where we're not so dependent.
Speaker 1: Adam Crush and thank you for your time tonight.
Speaker 2: Thanks Joining me now is DPR and co advertising co founder Richard Ralph Smith. Richard, We're going to assess the effectiveness of political ads we've seen during this campaign.
Speaker 1: Let's start with labor.
Speaker 2: Many of their ads have targeted Peter Dutton specifically, and there is always a scare campaign around cuts.
Speaker 11: The money for Peter dutton six hundred billion dollar nuclear plan has to come from somewhere, so twenty years to build to make up under four percent of the grid, and the CSIOO says it will drive up power bills and he'll have to drive up the cost of everything else to pay for it.
Speaker 5: So under Dutton, your health costs go up. Under Duttin, your tax goes up.
Speaker 11: Underdutton, your HEXTEP childcare medicines takee thees go up.
Speaker 5: He cuts you pay authorized p eRx and ALP camera.
Speaker 2: People say they don't like negative ads, but Richard negative ads, particularly political negative ads, are enormously effective. They've had other ads painting Peter Dutton as economically illiterate and reckless dangerous.
Speaker 1: How effective are they?
Speaker 8: They are effective, and they're quite easy. It's easy to do a negative ad. It's easy to sort of get people riled up about a negative ad and a positive one. This one's actually had quite a bit of an agement online. It's probably a labour's most effective scare ad. And I think the reason is that people don't average voters do not understand the cost structures of nuclear energy, or energy and any energy.
Speaker 5: For that matter.
Speaker 8: So raising the specter of cost and then itemizing all of those cost of living issues that are Dutton's means for paying for it is a really really effective scare campaign.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, I want to show you this Greens ad. They have been very clear with their messaging. They're basically saying, we want to keep Dutton out of office and we want to get Elbow to submit to our demands.
Speaker 10: If you're worried about the cost of living, housing, more climate crisis, you're not alone.
Speaker 7: We can't keep voting for the same two parties and expecting a different result.
Speaker 1: The Greens want change.
Speaker 5: If you need dental and mental health into medicare.
Speaker 12: Are rent freeze, cheaper groceries?
Speaker 13: And do you want to make big corporations pay their fair share of tax?
Speaker 1: We're with you.
Speaker 13: The Greens are within reach of winning new seats across the country.
Speaker 5: We'll keep Dutton out and get labor to acts.
Speaker 2: I guess to be surprised that it's overwhoingly young people in that ad.
Speaker 1: That's who they target.
Speaker 2: They've got a lot of policies that appeal to what I would call low information voters, whether you just get everything for free with really no thought of who's paying for this, how are we paying for it?
Speaker 5: So magic pudding.
Speaker 1: It is a bit of a magic pudding. But does it work?
Speaker 5: Look, I think we'll see.
Speaker 8: I think the most likely outcome we are going to have from this election if the betting markets are to be believed as a Labor Greens coalition.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: So what's interesting in that ad as well is that out of thirty seconds, they spend one second talking about the environment, and as you say, they make it really, really really clear, we're going to keep Dutton out and we're going to drag labor to the left. So they're putting all their cards on the table as much as when Easy doesn't want to admit that that's what's going to happen if the votes fall that way.
Speaker 2: How do you strike that balance tween being able to articulate a position in an ad say this is what we stand for, but at the same time getting the message through that the other guy is bad news. We've got to be getting rid of albol, getting rid of Dutton.
Speaker 1: It's how do you manage that when you've got limited time limited budget.
Speaker 8: Well, the first thing is you don't try to do everything right. You need to create an overarching narrative that is a motive that's easy to understand and that you repeat with all of these different proof points. You can put positive ads, negative ads under it, and people just buy it. I mean, everybody knew in two thousand and eight, Yes we can for Obama, everybody knows make America great again. If you ask the average liberal or labor voter what the line or the overarching theme of either of their campaign is, none of them know. And the reason is because they're boring and they keep changing, they keep scattering their messages.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And we saw that also with Tony Abbott's landslide victory, where it was about stop the boats. We knew what the policy was. We knew about Cardi cutting carbon tax. It was clear and it was a clear point of differentiation. Let's have a look at the Libs now.
Speaker 1: They've put out a rap song.
Speaker 6: You've got to bring them braces down.
Speaker 11: This is what we know because our bull's gotta leave, owbull's gotta leave.
Speaker 5: Questions credit.
Speaker 2: Are they trying to make elbow look cool? Because if you watch that, you think maybe that wasn't a labor ad. I struggle to understand what angle they're going for with that. Are they trying to appeal to young voters appear to be hip and cool?
Speaker 8: I know, could the campaign get any dumber? Look, there are two scores of thought. The first one and you know, I did a bit of a one thing that's great about advertising. A lot of gen Z's in the office, like you can always do a straw pole. They all thought it was stupid. They all thought it was like the old man trying to be the cool kid.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, not everyone on TikTok is a tully, not a schooling exactly.
Speaker 8: Not everyone on TikTok is eighteen and some eighten year olds are quite smart and engaged as well. So that's one side of the coin. The other side of the coin, it's like rage bait. You know, are people going to hate on this enough that well, while they're hating on it, they're engaged, whether they're sharing it and they're talking it. And this has actually had the most engagement and the most news media and the most sharing of anything that we've had so far.
Speaker 5: So I don't think I think it's de branding for the Liberals. I don't think it.
Speaker 8: Looks like the Liberal Party that people trust at all. For those who do trust the Liberal Party at de brands among their base, look among the young people. That might at least shift the narrative and have them talking about the party. But I don't think it's enough to move a needle.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: And I think that notion that any publicity is good publicity just because it's getting attention it's successful.
Speaker 1: Is a very very dangerous.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That is I think something advertisers say when they come up with bad ads that go viral.
Speaker 1: They have also put out this effort they'll.
Speaker 5: Be better off under a labor government than they will.
Speaker 1: Be really done. Has he delivered more housing?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Has he made things cheaper as he fixed the cost of living fourteen bucks thanks?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 5: Has he made the country safer?
Speaker 1: Nah? Didn't he spend nearly half a billion on the police?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He did that.
Speaker 15: We can't afford three more years of labor authorized by a host liberal Canberra.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that ad? Does it pass the pop test?
Speaker 8: I was going to say it's a literal pub test. It's actually had some decent online engagement. It's kind of relatable the guy on the left looks like he's had ten beers. So there's one hundred and forty bucks cost of living message right there. It does a fairly reasonable job of itemizing the failures of the last few years, but it's not really it's not going to get people talking and sharing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit boring, that's it. Richard Ralph Smith, thank you so much for your time. Thank you, reader stilta carma, lefties losing it? Plus Donald Trump hits a record high approval rating amid the tariff turmoil.
Speaker 1: Josh Hammer joins me.
Speaker 2: Next, you're watching the Reader Panny Show, and it's time for lefties.
Speaker 1: Losing it and he's back the puppet President.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden has made his first public remarks since he left office in January, and of course he launched into an incoherent attack against President Donald Trump. It was a mess, folks, a train wreck, just like his presidency. It started badly and it got worse. Let's look at Biden here, ignoring the blaring music and just launching into his.
Speaker 6: Speech about rain old girl.
Speaker 9: We deserve.
Speaker 2: Oh that had to abruptly cut the music because he wasn't stopping, folks.
Speaker 1: He was going to keep talking even though no one could hear him.
Speaker 6: Bless uh.
Speaker 1: You know, perhaps they should have kept the music coming.
Speaker 3: That's what you're all about. That's what that's what, That's what the legislation is about. It's about dignity, simple dignity. Everyone. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity, regardless of the standard, regardless of economics, regardless of who they are making sure of the more than sixty million Americans were living with disabilities, are treating with dignity.
Speaker 5: Is that who we are as Americans.
Speaker 3: That's what it's about.
Speaker 1: I mean it.
Speaker 2: It was classic Joe Biden, gibberish, belly, coherent sentences, bursts of anger and shouting and whatever.
Speaker 14: This is.
Speaker 1: The parking lot.
Speaker 3: And I had never seen I had never seen hardly any black people scanting at the time when I and I was only going on the fourth grade. And I remember seeing the kids going by at the time called colored kids on a bus going by.
Speaker 2: Okay, Joe, you know, Biden's cognitive decline is nothing new. It was evident even before he became president.
Speaker 14: Remember this got hairy legs, that turn that that that that that turn about, blonde in the sun and The kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down.
Speaker 3: So it was training that. Watch the hair come back up again.
Speaker 16: They look at it.
Speaker 15: So I learned about roaches.
Speaker 17: I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap.
Speaker 1: He learnt about roaches. He learned about kids jumping.
Speaker 2: On his lap, and he loves kids jumping on his lap. That was before he was president. Never forget how the leftist media covered up that man's obvious mental decline. Now, talking about mental decline, let's check in with Bernie Sanders, who was at Coachella.
Speaker 1: Yes, the millionaire socialist with three houses.
Speaker 2: Thought a music festival was the perfect place for this anti Trump sermon.
Speaker 1: We need you to stand up to fight for justice.
Speaker 15: He thinks stay climate change.
Speaker 5: It's a hopes.
Speaker 1: He is dangerously wrong.
Speaker 15: And you and I, you and I are going to have to stand up to the bustle f.
Speaker 13: Your industry and tell them to stop destroying this flat.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sure the drugged upper yuppies at Coachella really appreciated that rant and everything at that music festival is actually dependent on fossil fuels, including the jets. The rich and famous take to perform more attend the festival. There was plenty more lefties losing it at Coachella. Here is Kneecap Kneecap. Google tells me it's a Irish hip hop group, as if that's a thing they had the drugged up Yup. He is in California singing this delightful tune about Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 6: If anybody was.
Speaker 1: Well, Margaret Fletcher herself.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Yes, the greatest formal leta we have seen and died at the age of eighty seven, twelve years ago, and these sad losers are still chanting about it.
Speaker 1: Ding up the Coachella lunacy.
Speaker 2: Our middle aged MUSCAA wearing pop rockers Green Day, who have taken a break from their pro Palestinian activism to again rail against Mega.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I'm.
Speaker 5: Not of the Mega Chen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It seemed like only last week we were laughing at Democrat Cory Booker's stunt of talking for twenty four hours straight.
Speaker 1: We wondered whether he was wearing an adult nappy. Those questions were never answered.
Speaker 2: And bless him, Corey Booker is back now and he's not only providing lolls but hugs.
Speaker 10: What are we going to do about protecting LGBTQ rates and trans rates for those who don't have a voice that could speak up.
Speaker 5: This is not a costume. This is who I am, and I am not about to let him tell me who I am.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you for coming.
Speaker 5: So so, first of all, can I have a hug?
Speaker 2: Yes, we've already spoken about the insufferable, self delighted, rich and famous ladies who went into space for a few.
Speaker 1: Minutes, but they keep talking about it, so I've got to cover it. Here is Katy Perry.
Speaker 12: I hope they can see the unity that we modeled and replicate that and understand that we weren't just taking up space. We were making space for the future. And for me, like Gil said, this wasn't a ride, it wasn't a destination. It was a journey and it was a supernatural one.
Speaker 2: And here is Oprah's bestie, Gail King, talking about the backlash to all the hyperbole we've heard from these ladies.
Speaker 18: This is what bothers me because I've certainly read some of the things online coming from people that I know that I like, that I consider friends. Space is not an either or, it's a both and and because you do something in space doesn't mean you're tea anything away from Earth. And what you're doing in space is trying to make things better here on Earth.
Speaker 2: And Gail King claims that these overprivileged women were victims of sexism. How else can you explain this stunt being called frivolous?
Speaker 18: What do you think when people say, oh, it's frivolous. Number one, they call it a ride, which I find very irritating because they never say men went for a ride. What do you say to people who think that this was frivolous or just to ride it? You know, I think the message that it sends is very, very powerful.
Speaker 2: Laurence Sanchez, whose fiance Jeff owns the rocket, while she was reduced to tears by the experience.
Speaker 1: And six women just did the same flight that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she didn't.
Speaker 1: I just want to keep hugging you.
Speaker 15: It's really cool.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And I hope that more people get to see this because I feel I don't even.
Speaker 6: Know how much it's going to change me.
Speaker 2: And if you thought that was bad, watch this performance from Katy Perry, who joining me now is Newsweek's Senior editor at Large and Article three projects senior Council Josh Hammer.
Speaker 1: Josh, just how insufferable and self delighted can these ladies be?
Speaker 2: We had less carry on when real astronauts stranded in space for months were rescued recently by SpaceX. These over privileged ladies spent a total of eleven minutes floating around in their designer spacesuits.
Speaker 1: And now they think it's going to bring about world peace.
Speaker 13: Yeah, reader, you know, it kind of reminds me a little bit of the old John Lennon's song Imagine, otherwise known as the as the worst song ever written. I mean, John Lennon had this song back in the nineteen seventies after the breakup of the Beatles, that it's going to be a world with no borders, no religion, just Kumbai ya world peace there, you know, and apparently Katy Perry here and they and the ladies circumnavigating the globe in the year twenty twenty five are trying to do their best John Lennon Imagine impression there. But I mean, what a bunch of of just over indulgent, pure exhibitionism. I mean, that really is the world that comes to mind here. I mean, I think this is obviously a stunt. It is transparently a stunt. These people are not going into space for any other reason other than to kind of raise their fist and say raw raw feminism. World beside. I mean the message frankly, like, I don't even really understand exactly what the purpose of this stunt was. I mean, it's kind of like a United Nations like hold hands together kumbayah thing. It's also partially like a feminism thing. But frankly, I mean when people do this in the name of feminism, they actually set real feminism and real genuine equality. The sex is backwards there, because I mean, if this is what people think of when they think of feminisms, someone who gets dolled up and they put on the designer suits and the makeup. I mean Katy Perry clearly spending more time actually getting her makeup ready than actually going up into the atmosphere, right. I mean, I mean people see this and they're like, Okay, this is feminists, I'm going to pose it. So they're undermining the very cause they purport a champion. They're ultimately all sorts of these stunts. This is the reason, reader, why I think the left is just is just not in a good place in the United States, because it is all pure symbolism. It is all virtue singling. That's the entire edifice, that's the entire purpose. Super nuts of all, frankly, all of all they believe these.
Speaker 2: Days, you're so right, is just so self delighted, so divorced from reality. And they probably did spend a great deal more time on their hair and makeup than they actually did in space.
Speaker 1: They were up there only for eleven minutes. Now, let's talk about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: He's going to be very happy with the poll released overnight. After a poor showing on a CBS poll a day earlier, this latest poll shows Donald Trump has hit a record high approval rating amid the tariff turmoil. The new Daily Mail Jail Partner's polling was conducted between April ten and a fourteen, and it shows the president's approval ratings sitting at fifty four percent. Josh, what's really interesting here is that Donald Trump remains most popular with young voters. Among those aged eighteen to twenty nine, the president's approval rating is sixty four percent, and it's in their fifties for every other age group.
Speaker 1: That's pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: Josh.
Speaker 13: So, there's a few things that are very very interesting about about those graphs and the data that we all just saw there. So, going back to the to the Trump baseline number there, he's currently at around fifty three percent curt this poll. Even at his lowest point of the second term thus far, he's at around forty nine percent. Forty nine percent believe it or not, Riada in contemporary American polling is actually very good as far as the president's approval rating goes. I'm not sure that Donald Trump reached forty nine percent really in his entire first term. Neither, for that matter, de Barack Obama in his entire second term. Joe Biden definitely did not. We probably have not seen presidential approval ratings this high since the very earliest days of Barack Obama, prior to twenty ten, prior to Obamacare, back when the country was still enraptured by these false promises of hope and change. It's been a long time, as the point there, So Donald Trump is clearly on a high. People that are trying to tear him down, that are saying that he's he's in a constitutional crisis and that he's in a showdown of the courts. What's going to happen with this El Salvadoran migrant there DEI they're calling my racist as they would do there. The American people aren't buying it. The American people have seen this play before and when you cry wolf enough times rita, which the Democrat media complex here in the United States has been doing on and on and on and on for the past decade, ever since Trump's to send down the guilded Escalator a Trump Tower in the summer fifteen. At some point, the American people are just gonna say enough, I call your bluff. I don't buy it. That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And we've seen these poll numbers always be underreported anyhow, which shocked me that it was still happening in twenty twenty four, because we saw that in twenty sixteen, and it was pretty concised throughout the twenty twenty four campaign as well, where the reality did not match the polls. The reality ended up being a lot better for Donald Trump, and the bad news continues for the Democrats. Have a listen to this shock poll result, This shook up CNN.
Speaker 17: This to me is one of the most shocking pieces of poll data that I truly, truthfully have seen this year, maybe in any prior year. Really, yes, really, because I want you to take a look cares more about the needs for people like you? You mentioned to Kate Paul, and we got a tie.
Speaker 16: Even after this terifar had already started split between Democrats and Republicans on how people feel which party cares more for needs of people like you?
Speaker 17: And why is that so surprising? Because I want you to take a look.
Speaker 1: At prior years.
Speaker 17: Democrats always lead on this question.
Speaker 16: Back in twenty seventeen, before the twenty eighteen mid terms, thirteen point lead, twenty five, a twenty three point lead for Democrats, nineteen ninety four, which was a big Republican year, a nineteen point lead for Democrats, and now, all of a sudden, a tie. All of a sudden, the Democrats, who were the party of the people no more, no more, We get a tie on this question, on a question that has traditionally overwhelmingly been a Democratic advantage.
Speaker 2: This is a stunning turnaround, Josh, and I think the tariff policy, as unpopular as we are told it is, might have something to do with that.
Speaker 13: Well, it had a lot to do with that actually, because it is emblematic of Donald Trump's working class mentality there. I mean, this is a man who has fundamentally reshaped the Republican Party. And you know, people say that it's Donald Trump's party. No, there's actually a very long historical school of thought when it comes to this more national as populous strand of conservatism. I think back actually as far back as Benjamin Disraelied, the nineteenth century British prime minister. He coined the term one nation conservatism. It's this idea that the working class, in the middle class really is that really of the country.
Speaker 1: For far too long, for far too long.
Speaker 13: The Republican Party veered in a pro elite, pro wall ste direction. They lost track of who they were. They complete abandoned the very people that made this country grin in the first place. Donald Trump is bringing it back there, and his pro tariff, pro industrial policy measures I think are very much part of the appeal. He recognizes that our economists are ruling elits. Both parts went way way way too far down the rabbit hole and maximizing vague nostrums such as economic efficiency and consumer surplus. What about the notion of manufacturing What about just making stuff there? What about the fact that China has just taken all of America's national security critical supply chain there? This stuff actually matters a lot. Donald Trump's the guy to do it. They're he's the champion of the working class. And you see right there in the CNN poll. You know Harry Enton. There is a CNN guy. I've known Harry since I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: We go way back.
Speaker 13: Like I feel readA that Harry's trying to tell the c and and audience a message there. I'm not sure the CNN audience wants to listen to that message stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I think when he brings them news like that, they just turn off. Now we talk about.
Speaker 2: Constitutional crisis, this, I think is the real constitutional crisis. Another Obama appointed judge, this time Indirat Taliwany, blocking the Trump administration from canceling a program introduced by Joe Biden granted parole and the right to work to more than five hundred thousand immigrants from our countries like Haiti and Venezuela.
Speaker 1: What happens next year.
Speaker 2: Josh, What can the administration do about these activist judges who are undermining the authority of the July elected president.
Speaker 13: Well, there's a lot, frankly, that Congress and the president, acting in tandem can do. Fortunately for Donald Trump, his party Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, so if they actually wanted to, they could solve this prom essentially overnight. So here are among the various things they could do. You can, of course, get the ball rolling on judicial impeachment if there is a truly rogue judge. Now then really that would require a two thirds majority in the Senate, so it's a bit of a long shot there. But you could pass legislation Congress could pass, and the president consigns law, such things as jurisdiction stripping legislation. Congress has the ability, in our constitutional order to basically dictate what types of cases federal judges can hear. If Congress wants to say that, in a certain type of case, a certain cause of action, the federal courts have no jurisdiction. It's only state courts and local courts that here it. Congress can do that there. When it comes to some of these so called nationwide injunctions, which are lagrantly and frankly offensively unconstitutional, Congress could abolish that overnight tomorrow, Lane too, Congress has full authority to detail what remedies a federal court can issue and cannot issue. There And frankly, rita, I mean, if the courts really ultimately do want to play this game, they really really want to go go down there ultimately, ultimately, I think it's worth bearing in minds in the Federals number seventy eight from Alexander Hamilton, one of our great founding fathers. He famously said that the judiciary is the least dangerous branch because it has neither force nor will, but merely judgment, and depends upon the efficacy of the executive branch even for the enforcement of its own judgements. I emphasized that lighter part there, because it's something of a truism. The courts literally cannot enforce their own orders. In fact, the mere fact that egiicial opinion has been rendered in our system, it is the persuasive ability of that opinion that controls whether the executive will enforce it. So at some point there, at some point, frankly, their own hubos really could get the better of them.
Speaker 1: Now, this is big news.
Speaker 2: Earlier today, New York Attorney General Letitia James, who was behind so much of the law fare against Donald Trump in New York, has now been referred herself for possible prosecution over allegations of mortgage of fraud.
Speaker 1: What else can you tell me about this, Josh.
Speaker 13: Well, this is pretty brand new stuff across the transm But it looks to me like Tiss James listed to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the state of Virginia as her primary residence back when she was applying for a mortgage back in twenty twenty three. The problem is that Tiss James has been the attorney general of New York State for far longer than that there, So I mean square that circle for me. How can you legally get away with calling one state your primary residents try to get a more favorable mortgage interest rate type loan and on the other hand, you're the attorney general of a different state there. But you know, Rita, this is really nothing new. I mean Democrat, Democrat lawmakers, Democrat prosecutors, they played by an entirely different set of rules. I mean Tis James. We all remember her for being front and center of the lawfair, of the Democrat lawfair complex. They sprawling campaign to try to deprive Donald Trump of getting his second term in office.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 13: I think about Fannie Willis as well. Fannie Willis is in Atlanta, Georgia, Fuldon County, Georgia. Fannie Willis was on the wrong side of the law as well. So many of these Democrat prosecutors Rita, they just flip their hands. They say, you know what, I am the lawyer here, I'm the prosecutor.
Speaker 6: Screw you.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna make the rules here.
Speaker 5: You better come at me there.
Speaker 13: But you know what, the Trump doj is calling her bluff in this case tis James because she could find herself on the wrong side of the law for good. They'll depend on on which judge they draw there. But I like what I see so far. I like the aggressiveness of the administration and bringing these charges.
Speaker 2: A bit of irony given the cases she pursued against Donald Trump, But there's got to be a reckoning for some of these activist prosecutors. She launched her old campaign on the premise of getting Trump. She wasn't even hiding how she was going to politicize that office.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: She literally ran in twenty eighteen for a trained general of New York State on a platform of I don't like Donald Trump and I am going to get him by any means necessary. There's there's actually kind of a clever legal analogy here. So in the Constitution there is a prescription and there's a ban on what is called a bill of a tainder. A bill of attainder goes back to the old English star chamber in like seventh century England, and a bill of attainder was a king's rits or a parliamentary active legislation that would single out an individual by name, meaning it was not a general provision. It was just singlely a one person for sole exclusive punishment there. So the analogy that I like to draw is that when Tis James ran for office there, she basically ran a bill of a tender political campaign. Now that's not necessarily illegal. I mean, we have a first moment. You can say a lot of crazy stuff on the campaign show. People frankly do it all the time there, but it's morally repulsive. It's morally repulsive there, and it says a lot about her character, frankly or lack thereof.
Speaker 1: Josh Hammah, thanks so much for your time tonight. Thank you still to come.
Speaker 2: Labor pledges millions more in Medicaid funding for lgbt QUI A plus plus Australians.
Speaker 1: Stephanie Bastian joins me in next welcome back.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is Women's Forum Australia's head of Advocacy, Stephanie Bastian.
Speaker 1: Steph.
Speaker 2: First, let's hear from Labor Our MP's Josh Burns, Peter Khalil, Cake Thwites and Jed Karney in this rather bizarre ad where they tackle one of Australia's foremost issues, splurging ten million dollars on training for primary care professionals to better support lgbt QIA plus Australians.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, what are you going to do it?
Speaker 3: Not now, mate, Not now?
Speaker 5: All right, We got to let you go to your guess.
Speaker 1: Now we can make the announced a month for me. Sorry, you can actually pinpoint the second when it's hot. Rich in half.
Speaker 2: Now, a Labor government will invest ten million dollars in making.
Speaker 10: Medicare stronger for lgb TIQA plus Australians.
Speaker 1: This is going to make such a big difference for primary healthcare for people.
Speaker 7: In the quick community.
Speaker 4: Just builds on all work from our National Action Plan and it's all about supporting the queer community.
Speaker 6: And we're really proud.
Speaker 9: Only a labor government will deliver for LGBT i QA plus.
Speaker 1: People ten million dollars more.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, who knew enforcing pronouns was so expensive?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Absolutely? But also I'm in this government is as ideological as it is irresponsible. Part of this funding is going towards ensuring that medical professionals are meeting best practice. The voluntary accreditation program. We don't even know what best practice is. There was a very damning judgment out last week. This video was made after, I might add where the judge found that the key witness who helped draft the guidelines of care for transgender diverse adolescents was ideological and an activist rather than an independent witness. There was a little boy who was being medically transitioned, approved of hormones until his dad intervened, without a diagnosis of gender dysphoria. These practices that are going on are not best practice. And the fact that the governments put their head.
Speaker 5: In the sand.
Speaker 10: Matt Butler has said that he hasn't read the judgment yet, he hasn't provided any comment, but the fact that they're now spending ten million dollars to invest in best practice shows that they do not care about the LGBTI community at all and are not willing to look at the facts to ensure they are actually receiving the best medical care.
Speaker 2: And in that case, you mentioned that that poor child has been under the care of a gender clinic since the age of six. Just incredible that it was a devastating judgment and to have the relevant minister not familiarize.
Speaker 1: Himself with it is not good.
Speaker 2: Let's turn our attention to the Riley Dennis versus a Kiraly Smith case. As we know, Dennis a transgender soccer player, so that's a biological male who identifies as female and plays with the Flying Bat's, a Sydney women's soccer team which has got five trans players. Riley Dennis is suie being political advocate Curly Smith for alleged vilification. Let's listen to this report from skye us as a senior reporter.
Speaker 15: Caroline Marcus, the transgender soccer player, is suing Caraly Smith, alleging the political advocate villified her when she tweeted about the top goalscorer in the women's first grade. Miss Dennis says the posts made her feel anxious, very upset, and that there was now a risk to my and my family's safety. Miss Smith refuses to back down.
Speaker 1: No one can change sex.
Speaker 5: Men are not women, and no man should be in women's sport.
Speaker 15: Miss Smith's legal team argues YouTube videos Riley Dennis made about trans issues makes her an activist.
Speaker 13: Hey, everyone, today, I want to talk about why I, as a queer person, support Muslims.
Speaker 15: It's all fair game for an activist to be taken head on by my client. I would not describe myself as an activist, Miss Dennis said, some of them what seemed to be a shield waiting for her to leave the court.
Speaker 1: Do you still feel in fear.
Speaker 15: For your safety, in your family's safety, Riley.
Speaker 1: This intimidation and harassment our way.
Speaker 11: Move out of our way.
Speaker 1: Harassment, Get out of our way, This intimidation, harassment, Get out of our way. Think pushing us is not intimidation.
Speaker 6: Get out of that way.
Speaker 2: Oh, dear MEA decision is expected to be handed down in July, Stephanie, But it's often the case with these actions, the process itself is almost a punishment.
Speaker 1: What more can you tell me about this case? Well, reader.
Speaker 10: I actually attended this case with my colleague, colleague Rachel Wong, and to be honest, the one thought that really went through my mind sitting in the courtroom was witch trials. Listening to Curly smith By cross examined by Riley Dennis's lawyers trying to make her advocacy fit into some sort of vilification was really disheartening.
Speaker 1: And it's you're absolutely correct.
Speaker 10: The punishment is the process of going through court.
Speaker 5: There's a lot.
Speaker 10: Resting on this judgment and I think that if the judge finds against Kurali, there's going to be an avalanche of women speaking at about sex base rights. There are safety risks that she has mentioned, there's fairness, there's a range of issues that really need discussion, and women like kurally A being silenced by the court process.
Speaker 2: It's just it's infuriating, it is and it's absolutely disheartening to see both sides of politics side with the activist.
Speaker 1: Class when it comes to this issue. It seems to be in one of.
Speaker 2: Those eighty twenty issues and the eighty percent of the population is not represented by the mainstream parties.
Speaker 1: We've seen a shift in that in the UK.
Speaker 2: We've seen a shift in the US, Scandinavia, but Australia, Stephanie seems to be just trapped in some backward notion that anybody who challenges this activist movement has to be punished.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 10: I mean there was even heartening news across the ditch in New Zealand where the healthcare system is now going to refer to women as biological women. That's a government mandate. It's really really frustrating that the current neither party have come to the table on this. I guarantee there are women and families and girls in every suburb across the country who would really like a resolution on this and to have their sex based rights reinstated.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it is this time we've had some courage from our politicians to take a stand for women.
Speaker 1: This is a woman's rights issue.
Speaker 2: It's clear there's not much doubt about who's losing out with this trans movement and the excesses of that movement and what it's demanding. Sephanie Bastian, thank you so much for your time tonight, and that's it from me.
Speaker 1: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow night. Up next, it's Newsnight