Speaker 1: It's a special day. In fact, it's been a big week, lots of kids going back to school, but today is a very special down the calendar. Probably the biggest celebrity in Melbourne Eddie maguire no celebrating their birth.
Speaker 2: Let me set the scene. Look for those funny little.
Speaker 1: Feet tapping away.
Speaker 3: Did you ever said the maybe happy a few times?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great, strong, strong, We love bad day to be a bad week to be a penguin. When it's forty degrees up.
Speaker 2: You're telling me.
Speaker 1: The happiest, coziest, biggest penguin in Melbourne. He's turning one, Pesto. I nearly called him Pretzel. Pesta turns one today. Now you know it's the big chick. He's bigger than all the other.
Speaker 4: Look, can we ask someone labels on Pesta. Charlotte works at Sea Life. She is the penguin team manager.
Speaker 2: Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Charlotte, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Big big day, Big day with the big boy or the big girl.
Speaker 5: Huge party, fit for a king and a boy.
Speaker 1: Pisto's become a bit of a malebrity. In Pesto's met all the big star.
Speaker 2: Can we go through? Who has met Katy Perry?
Speaker 1: In the first year of Pisto's life. Who's gone to done do a photo with Pesto?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think it's a very, very very long list. I mean, yeah, he's Katy Perry, Olivia Rogrigo. That was a big one. He's been nominated for a TikTok Award. He's a child big man, had the busiest social calendar I think of any of us.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Now, now the Pisto's won, have the other penguin chicks caught up to him? Or is he still a big boy?
Speaker 5: He's a pretty big boy. I think probably the only the only other bird in the habitat who's bigger. It's probably his dad, Blake, Blake Bleak.
Speaker 1: That's that's sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, has fame gone to Pesto's head?
Speaker 2: Does he know?
Speaker 4: He's, you know, a man about town.
Speaker 5: I think he was born to be a star, yea, from the beginning. I think he's risen to the challenge now he's a He's a lovely individual. He's always been very friendly, very social with keepers and the rest of the colony.
Speaker 3: Just on that, I'm just looking at some of the celeb photos from inside Pesto's enclosure, And I noticed they're all wearing like protective eyewear.
Speaker 2: Is that in case he has a pick?
Speaker 5: Yeah, amongst amongst the rest of them. Hey, they've got big beats. We've got to be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, okay, you take out Olivia Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: I mean Olivia Rodrigo is a fair bit taller than Pisto. So this might be a dumb question. No such thing is a dumb question. Someone once told me this might be a penguins fly.
Speaker 5: They do not fly, although I confirmed that they have need, which is another commonly fast question.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen him slide into the waters very reminiscent of you and I getting into the pool?
Speaker 1: Pisto? Is he a food hoog?
Speaker 5: He's fond of his food. I think there are others there who are who are great. Yeah, he's reasonably polite, but yeah, he loves Sammon's trout, his favorite.
Speaker 1: What's he doing for the big day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you just join us. We are talking to Charlotte. She's one of the penguin team managers at Sea Life.
Speaker 2: Is he having a fish cake today?
Speaker 5: He's actually on the jelly today. Yeah, it's good stuff. No, he'll have plenty of fish and lots of other truths. But we've got loads on today, lots of celebration. We've got cookcakes. So first thousand guests in the door today we'll get a cookcake. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Can I keep going in minute?
Speaker 1: Jay? This is the third time he's come through as well.
Speaker 2: Cupcakes. Just on that now.
Speaker 4: The role call of malebrities coming through has been extraordinary. I mean, Lauren and I were hoping to add another one to the list. I mean, what would it take to get Jason that end little jacket and funny little goggles and get him in and waddle with.
Speaker 1: Pesta like he's the Pesto of our team.
Speaker 5: Hey man, you can come in any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not today though, damn it the cupcakes. He's busy today. Pestot has a big days Cupca. I think you know how they do the King and Queen of Mumba. I think it should just be Pesto. Yeah, a moon bar Let's campaign.
Speaker 2: Charlotte, thanks to jumping on.
Speaker 3: You guys do a great job down there at sea life and pass their best on the Pesto.
Speaker 5: Oh, I will thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Just how many fish would he put away in one day?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 5: I mean he was eating a lot more when he was little, only five, or.
Speaker 1: Blood up a hunky dory, wouldn't it like for Pesto's birthday? Jason, I think you should do your best Pesto impersonation as we go to they do it. Maybe you could see, maybe you could sing Happy birthday to Pesto and Penguin.
Speaker 2: Can you throw the.
Speaker 4: Happy you say something that pistol.
Speaker 1: Gonna be Jason Lauren Jason Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good a No. One hundred Jason Lauren Fly Good on Socials