Speaker 1: This is a special Origin podcast ma V Mate State v. State Brawl and Alcohol Related Incident V Brawl and Alcohol Related Incident because it's a solid NRL theme.
Speaker 2: Just kidding.
Speaker 1: It's all above board. Oh, totally, always has been, always will be.
Speaker 3: Stand by on a Wednesday night though, when the players finish the game and hit the town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, he South Wales boys in particular, because they're going to win and all of a sudden, I'm saying that sugar is not open anymore. Yeah, so what sort of mischief can they get up to?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, Heinley Street's always a hot bit of mischief, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll find somewhere, don't you worry about that.
Speaker 7: We did a little thing called what the Fork.
Speaker 5: That's where we talk about everyday stuff that you just go, oh.
Speaker 7: What the Fork's that about?
Speaker 6: The toilet Edition?
Speaker 7: The workplace toilet Edition?
Speaker 1: Yeah, etiquette in particular, because some people, particularly males and places I work, like to just leave droplets of urine on the seat and once you go in there that it's on you. You're the next owner. That's how it works. You can't say no, it's a person before me.
Speaker 6: Son. Almost you've got to clean up yourself tool paper. You clean it up with your hands.
Speaker 7: Cheez.
Speaker 1: I think it's all over your clothes and everything, and then it gets on your face. None of that's ever happened, but you can imagine how angry I would be.
Speaker 7: For the Oh my god, it's so triggered.
Speaker 3: We also spoke about the fact that companies are doing very well. Employees, however, are not getting the pay rises they deserve, so they're helping themselves.
Speaker 6: Enjoy the podcast. Friends, bless you.
Speaker 8: What the fork.
Speaker 6: It's back.
Speaker 3: So we couldn't stop with the fact that this segment was born out of, you know, people just stealing forks from the cutlery draw in every single workplace ever in South Australia.
Speaker 5: For our workplace, it's Abby in the newsroom.
Speaker 3: In fact, she's got a collection of three on her desk this morning, which is disgusting.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, it's four.
Speaker 1: You should see her house too. It's like this absolute jungle of fork. You turn up and it's like, oh my gosh, I'm just trying to get through all the fork.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Abby, where's the toilet. I need to get the toilet. Well, you just need to go through that set of forks and then that second set and then turn right.
Speaker 1: I don't open that doordo because a big giant hope of forks will come out wrong with me.
Speaker 8: I think I actually need help.
Speaker 7: Oh you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, when you've got a foalk psychiatrist, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Falk psychiatrist. Can you get in touch plays I need you any who.
Speaker 7: We didn't want to stop at that every day problem.
Speaker 3: We thought, let's open this up to problems university universally that you encounter every single day.
Speaker 6: To what though it seems to be pretty heavily in workplaces, it.
Speaker 3: Does, It does, and you're actually very triggered by one this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah on the couple, get involved this morning. Workplace toilet etiquette. That's what we're talking about thirteen and twenty four to ten. If you do get it now as well, of course you get a litt one hundred dollars voucher thanks to mcafe my other workplace. Quick little example. Okay, there's two things for us males, and you won't maybe you won't be able to connect with this. So when you go into a cubicle a tour, first of all, and you're not using urinal what's going on?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 6: So shy, Why can't you use a urinal to hide? And secondly lift up the seat for goodness sake.
Speaker 3: Oh and if you do lift up the seat, feel free to put it down when us women walk in there. We can have something to sit on that's good, not just a toilet rim that'd be great.
Speaker 5: And I don't have to touch the seat where you've weed.
Speaker 6: I don't know why the girls are using the boys toys with that anyway, that's all.
Speaker 7: We've got a unisex on it.
Speaker 6: Of course, budget cuts, but you got the long drop as well. Good stuff, guys.
Speaker 1: So if you walk into in a men's establishment, if you walk in and there's droplets of urine on the seat, then all of a sudden that's on you. Only ships on you because as soon as you go in there, you're the next person. So if you leave, you can't be like, oh, I watch, you have to tour and there the person before me did that. Yeah, so you have to clean it up.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: And if you think that's just a male only problem, you are sadly mistaken.
Speaker 7: My friends, surely not women.
Speaker 3: We on the toilet seat all the time, droplets of we and then I go, oh, okay, I'll clean that up for you and then have to sit on that seat that.
Speaker 7: You've dropletted on, you've dropleted on.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: The other thing is too is when you're not doing a wing, you're doing the other thing. I will always wait until the person. If someone comes in before that's happened, I'll wait until they leave.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 7: I get that, I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm exactly the same really, So if someone comes in, you don't want them to hear what you're doing, especially if you think you might be doing something somewhat aggressive if you can know what I mean, But just the noises in general they come with it. That's private. That's really private.
Speaker 7: It certainly is. I'm just to peel back the curtain here for one moment.
Speaker 3: We have the Brisbane Breakfast Show broadcasting out of Adelaide because of the origin the Munch of Angels, that a bunch of angels, and one of those angels is Olympic swimming legends.
Speaker 5: Susie O'Neil just.
Speaker 6: An absolute garling of Australia.
Speaker 3: And so I've lived in fear the last couple of mornings. When I've gone to do my business in the toilet, I've just been like this in my head. Please don't let Susi your walk I know, please don't let Susie walk in.
Speaker 1: Actually we're so shocked as well that because you like to do you number two is with the door open, so we're like, don't let Susie O'Neil see this.
Speaker 3: Next minute, Susie walks in and I haven't met a properly, and I put my hand.
Speaker 8: Out, going, Hi, Susie.
Speaker 7: I've really admired your career.
Speaker 6: Susie was so good to meet you. Can I touch one of your gold medals? She's like, I'm good.
Speaker 7: I don't touch me or my medals, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Third twenty four to ten. What the fork? Let's do workplace. Let's not do that, Let's do workplace toilet edkar, Yes, let's do that. Let's speak to Kate in Glen Park. Good morning to you, Kate.
Speaker 7: Good morning Kate.
Speaker 3: What's your readyquitt in the workplace when it comes to doing your business?
Speaker 9: Well, there's a toilet.
Speaker 10: Let's get stuck on red when no one's in there and you can't get in there, so we use a fork on the outside. Openly.
Speaker 9: Let happy little fork. That's to the toilet fork.
Speaker 6: It's all connected. It's acting.
Speaker 1: There's a fork shortage, there's workplace toilet etiquette issues. The forks are used for the toilet etiquette.
Speaker 6: Oh it all dies.
Speaker 3: Okate for combining our two themes this morning, you get a one hundred dollars a cafe voucher.
Speaker 7: Well done, thank.
Speaker 6: You, thank you.
Speaker 3: I just love I just love the call going out like around her office.
Speaker 7: Has anyone got the toilet seen it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Ab you from the newsroom stolen it. Let's talk workplace toilet.
Speaker 3: Angela from Andrew's Farm, tell us about your workplace toilet etiquette.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 10: I have people that leave two squares of toilet paper on the toilet roll and then don't change it.
Speaker 3: Two things, there is a special place in hell for those people. And also, what do you think I'm going to do for the for the last two squares?
Speaker 7: That isn't achieving anything? Is it? That cannot get the job done?
Speaker 3: Can it?
Speaker 7: Angela?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: And then you go into all the other cair becaus and they're the same, like everyone's kind of avoided them and tried.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my god, grow up. It's twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three two squares. What do you think you're gonna do with two scares. You just you're what you gonna do. You're flirting with the situation. You're absolutely flirting with what's going on down there, because then what down there, if it could.
Speaker 6: Talk, would be, oh go on, could go? I can't. I'm given everything I can give.
Speaker 5: I love that you're having chats with everything, like all things, what's.
Speaker 7: Going on down there.
Speaker 1: People often say that I talk out my ass.
Speaker 5: Julia from Campbelltown, what's going on in your queue?
Speaker 7: Because it works, they're due.
Speaker 10: Well, I add that I think we've got two seats on a bench, and for some reason, there's always water swimming all over the bench. So when you lean look at the mirror, you get a sturdy cinimeter of wet patch across your art area. If you bore the water off the we've even had done, say please your water get so much water on the bench.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing that happens to Julia sometimes like because you can't take your phone into the cubicle unless you're an absolute animal like Andrew Hayes. So you've got to put either your phone or your keys or whatever on the bench, and then it gets all wet on the back of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, and that's like, what sort of water is this? What's in there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then if it is wet in that particular area and the thing where you've got the dryer and you're trying to dry.
Speaker 6: It, it's really weird. It's a visual thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you're that guy that's straddling the dyson, you know those ones that have just got the hole in the middle, You're like.
Speaker 6: What do you do it with the mate? Jeez? Hope the Dyson doesn't take it hr for.
Speaker 7: That, Andrew, We've got a bit of h We've just got a bit of a formal complex, is it they?
Speaker 6: I knew it. I knew the d on.
Speaker 7: We've got time for one more.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go to Donna from morphitt Vale.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Donner.
Speaker 10: Hi here you're going good.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, You've got one hundred dollars a cafe voucher. And what's going on in the toilets?
Speaker 10: Oh lo, we have We've got four or five notes up that stays please do not spot on the toilet. We've got a cheer notes and.
Speaker 6: It continues to happen.
Speaker 10: Let's just say other nationality issues out toilet because it's a shared complex, right, and you can go in there at any time given time and see art set.
Speaker 7: I've always been sort of curious about that.
Speaker 3: When you got airports and there's like a no squatting sign on the toilet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like when you.
Speaker 1: I like when you go to airports and you see the picture of the guys and it says don't do this, and it's a guy standing on the toilet using it as a long drop.
Speaker 7: No tell you that.
Speaker 6: Now, what am I going to do? Thanks so much?
Speaker 1: Everyone, I've go involved this small There's a lot of disgruntled employees out.
Speaker 3: There, isn't there No, why don't you take this opportunity to officially apologize to that diycon No, I'll.
Speaker 1: Never this is an ongoing dude, Hey, Joe's coming up. I'll give you a bit of a clue. We've got a big announcement, a nice little giveaway. Yeah, that's all I'm going to do. Okay, clue, big clue for something that we're going to announce and giveaway coming up next.
Speaker 7: Sounds good if it's time for a winter treat. But jump home morning. It's the place to go for quick ossie getaways.
Speaker 6: To me, it's just getting in the car and just going for a cruise and.
Speaker 7: Exploring for accommodation, flights and more. Book on the what if app What if it's.
Speaker 6: Ozzie for travel?
Speaker 1: This floated across my desk and you're an employee, So am I a workplace compensation thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 6: Get involved, because here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Young ossies are doing sneaky things to get the most out of their mediocre wages during the cost of living crisis?
Speaker 7: Right, what sort of sneaky things?
Speaker 1: All sorts of stuff. So this is via a financial advisor. They said, if you're not getting a seven percent pay rise this year, you're actually financially going backwards. New research from recruiter Robert Harf has found that fifty eight percent of Australian employers are solely basing remuneration decisions in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 7: It's some big wod it wasn't it?
Speaker 6: Did I nail it?
Speaker 7: Do you want me to clap it out? Renumeration? But I know that remuneration.
Speaker 6: Well that's out spelled remuneration.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's it.
Speaker 6: Jake's on you, okay, yeah, I'll take an apology a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much individual and company performances instead as a form of pretent. So basically, business is going okay for these big companies yep, but they're not giving the type of money that they should be for their employees.
Speaker 3: In a nutshell, businesses are thriving, employees are going backwards.
Speaker 5: Yes, So they've taken matters into their own hands.
Speaker 1: The worker bees are doing what we can to make sure that we're fully compensated.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: So in short, I mean, what sort of good cool stuff are you're stealing from work thirteen twenty four to ten. Some examples already come in by this article. So Amy she started a little so hustle. She said, I make art for my side hustle on company time, and take full advantage of flexible hours working on this side hustle while you're at.
Speaker 6: Your prime job.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's good stuff. I like this from Joan as well. She said, I don't contribute to Farewell's baby showers, welcome back lunches, any of that, but I'll turn up and always eat the food, even if I don't put in for it.
Speaker 6: It's good to make you the most of it.
Speaker 3: We had this discussion this morning because Tommy ran our good friend of the show.
Speaker 7: Is turning forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we've been asked to well chip into his present, and I've given it a bit of how.
Speaker 7: Much you put in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we always say the number. But you said to me how much you put in? I said, well, this amount, and you said, well, I was planning on putting in half that.
Speaker 7: But we did.
Speaker 3: We did note the fact that there are people that have probably chipped in five dollars fifty to Rennie's present, right, and they get the same kudos on the card exactly as you who's chipped in at least three times that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, all right. Do you at Prime Hard real Estate? Yeah? So my former employer, I've mentioned this before.
Speaker 1: Look, I wasn't exactly on a wage that would get me a seat with the Roys on succession. So I used to take a little six pack every Friday from the fridge, just put in the backpack.
Speaker 3: It's at least you could do, given the fact they didn't give you any holidays either.
Speaker 6: I didn't have any on radio holidays.
Speaker 7: What are you doing just at work?
Speaker 6: It's going to work? Like what it's Christmas? Man? What are you doing? Well, there's an NBA game on. I think we're going to cover it.
Speaker 1: I do remember as well working at the Greenwood Hotel, my first job, Greenwood Hotel in North Sydney, and every single shift I would steal one glass from out the back and they had this collection of unbelievable glasses. So by the end of the year, or by the end of my employment before they eventually sacked me, I had the most magnificent set of cocktail glasses, everything you could imagine, shot glasses, all these different type of tumblers. It was really really cool. So me my housemates lived in this absolute piece of trash of a unit yep, with the most exquisite glass bed you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd love that for you, despite the fact that hundreds, if not thousands of people had drunk out of those glasses.
Speaker 9: Yuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's none of these were you.
Speaker 1: Oh, all these new glasses out the back and I'd take it back back in where you'd get the ice to take it to the front, and I'd throw a little glass in there every single time.
Speaker 3: Well we yeah, you little glass fever for me. So I used to do my first job on the Gold Coast. Was it Rabina Bakery, of course, it was so I'd have to rock up six or nine every Saturday morning for my three hour shift and get paid I think sixty dollars twenty bucks an hour.
Speaker 6: It's not bad, is it?
Speaker 7: So it's not bad.
Speaker 6: It's good starter.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the shift, do you reckon?
Speaker 3: I took a beasting home, one of those custard beastings for the family.
Speaker 6: Tell you what. That's what they called your beasting.
Speaker 1: Addie accidentally, genuinely accidentally just took it down to the battle thirteen and twenty fourteen workplace compensation.
Speaker 6: What have you stolen?
Speaker 1: Used to make sure that you feel like you are getting the absolute value that you're worth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because some of us aren't getting remunerated or remunerate remuneration.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, that we deserve.
Speaker 1: We're not getting the remuneration fees that we feel we deserve. For example, I'll tell you what that casanova fridge taking a pillaging.
Speaker 7: Listen, you're still working, mate.
Speaker 1: Take girls next thirteen to twenty four ten. So we're talking on thirteen twenty four ten workplace compensation. Because the stats are in, the figures are in, and there is a cost of living crisis. But basically the companies are doing okay, but you're not playing their employees the way that they should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so basically employees are going, well i'll show you then.
Speaker 1: Yes, And we thought, you know, let's go straight to the top from someone who really really and when you say resting bitch face, yeah, this is a lady who absolutely put it on the map and would have no problem.
Speaker 3: I mean we already know she helps herself to forks remunerating herself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how are you remunerating yourself?
Speaker 2: Okay, I do have a confession to make the other day, So you know the little we have these little key.
Speaker 8: Rings, these little Nova Boy key rings.
Speaker 2: Yes, and unfortunately, because they're a bit flimsy, the legs fall off really easily.
Speaker 6: So you stole a TV.
Speaker 8: So I my legs are falling off. My novera key ring.
Speaker 2: And I saw one in a drawer of somebody who no longer works here, and I thought, you know what, I need a new one, So I took it.
Speaker 7: And I think we all know who that is.
Speaker 1: It's effectively stealing, like that's that's a form of stealing from the dead.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry Jords anyway, but yeah, heaps of stuff I used to work in hospitality as well, and we used to not incriminate myself, but get up to some dodgy things we shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Aby was telling me off here a lot of money laundering.
Speaker 2: That was yeah, I mean that was third on the list. But yeah, yeah, used to get up to a few things that we shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: I think everyone's done it. Yeah, I think so done it at least once. Just taken something. And you know what, I deserve this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you do, I've earned this.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, let's go to stiff get I staff. Good morning. Oh hi guys, what have you start from work?
Speaker 9: I've stolen money?
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got straight to the top. And how much money you take us through the situation?
Speaker 9: It was only twenty dollars, so it's not that bad. And it's the only time I've done it. But I was out working car park on a forty degree day through twelve hours, standing in the sun, and they were just like collecting cash from people as they exit as the car park. Yes, there's like no transactions, and I was like, yeah, this one's mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good. Oh, you know what do you deserve it?
Speaker 1: Especially in a forty year day absolutely, it's so horrible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we can join savery. But you know that's good.
Speaker 6: Let's get Amelia in more sikes. Amelia, what have you stand from work?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll deliver done used to work sites and such, and we've got to always stuck up with toilet paper to drop them off. So then I take a few toilet pape rolls for myself and keep them stopped up in case another pandemic. Maybe I could start a side hustle, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and that's important as well, the side hustle and that ridiculous time. Can you remember where we ran out of toilet paper in the supermarkets?
Speaker 6: Oh oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that just a real insight into human behavior?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh why are you stealing toilet paper? I don't know everyone else is doing it?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: Good though, because Amelia was at home just making a toilet paper Angel at home? Where's from our Sullivan beach? Wrap this up for us? What have you start from work? Just to make sure that you are absolutely paid your worth.
Speaker 12: Morning guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I used to work for a company in New Zealand and I used to repeat cordless phones when they came in under warranteer and because the customer got one under warranty back. I used to fix them up and trade them for chocolate with one of the whole other customers.
Speaker 11: Chocolates.
Speaker 12: I used to boxes of them because I gave them. I gave them the phones, and we had a bartering system.
Speaker 3: Yes, so for.
Speaker 12: Every phone, for every phone I gave them, I got two or three boxes of chocolates in return.
Speaker 6: Yeah. See that's good. That works, that's perfect. And I don't think did you get I mean, you're not going to jail for that day.
Speaker 1: I don't think you've been getting fIF of that because you're like, well, I'm just trading some old merchandise for some chocolate.
Speaker 6: Exactly right, little du well good.
Speaker 4: You tell me you've got a time machine on this day, Wednesday.
Speaker 1: You know that means we are the Blues, the greatest team of We are the Blues. We'll beat the Morons?
Speaker 6: Is nice? Okay?
Speaker 9: Wrong?
Speaker 7: Co that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: The second trip down memory lane for some other significant milestones on this particular day, thirty first of May two thousand and four, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, the third film based on the books by JK.
Speaker 6: Rowling, is released in UK cinemas Rowling or Rolling? That was the absolute giveaway that I'm not a Harry Pop person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also it flashed across your face because you can't hide emotions on your head.
Speaker 7: You're like, Oh, I'm not sure? Is it rolling or rowling?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Harry wizards that's all. That's my impression of Harry Potter's all you've got. Oh, zap, is that work for it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and seven, Rihanna releases her breakthrough album Good Girl Gone Bad Oooh yeah, some bangers in there nowhere about that.
Speaker 3: That's when she sang about S and M. That was when things really started to viewer off. Yeah, do a different path for Rihanna?
Speaker 6: What are you thinking about? More for it? Go Rihanna? Yeah, go off, young queen?
Speaker 7: Why not if that's your thing.
Speaker 6: I just wonder where Rihanna could draw the line.
Speaker 1: What could she do that the conventional person would find absolutely horrible?
Speaker 6: Yet Rihanna could do it make it cool?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean how far could you push it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: There's nothing she could do wrong that woman.
Speaker 1: No, Like, all of a sudden, she's wearing sneams, proper jeans and like genuine dad new balance shoes, and you're like Rihanna's doing it all.
Speaker 6: Right, then maybe it is cool.
Speaker 7: After sports power we go, then.
Speaker 6: Yes, because Rere's doing it.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight, you saying Bolt breaks the world record one hundred meter sprint with a wind at legal one point seven meters plus per second.
Speaker 6: He recorded nine point seven two. Could you were runt had you not eased up over the last twenty meter. I'm not even worried about that. I'm just happy other one that's moving.
Speaker 7: H it's quick.
Speaker 1: That is moving very very quickly. That's almost as quick as you move. And I get a full plate of food and you just cruise over at nine point seven to two per one hundred meters type pace.
Speaker 6: I want to have a quick nimble of that was that.
Speaker 3: Let me just have a little I just want a little bit of eggs in a little bit of bu It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: If we put someone else's plate of food at the end of the one hundred meter track at the Olympics.
Speaker 7: Oh mate, I'd run for a strike.
Speaker 6: You'd beat you say, Bolt. Have we thought of it like that? It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I haven't holy story I put you on now she's just having a little nibble of that.
Speaker 7: And then they.
Speaker 3: Interviewed me afterwards and they're like, what's your secret?
Speaker 7: Why are you so quick? I'm like, I'm just angry.
Speaker 6: Man's angry every time.
Speaker 1: Twenty fourteen, Size at Gangam Star becomes the first video to reach two billion views on YouTube. And can I just say this? And I feel like I represent most of mankind. If you filmed yourself doing the dance and put it on social media, never getet in contact with us, please, just kidding you can. We'll put you through the producers. Are we kicking? Avera chat with you and numb. One song on May thirty first, twenty eighteen was One Kiss by Jua Lipa and Calvin Harris. And back then we're like Jule Lipa, Okay, she's got potential.
Speaker 6: You'll see what.
Speaker 7: Happens, see what let's see where this is going?
Speaker 8: Really here at Adelaide, it's nover ninety one nine. We've given away everything cash.
Speaker 7: Malcolme from melth Barker. You've won ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, you're hidding.
Speaker 5: Tickets starting to see Harry stars in concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing Nover's Handball Blitz. We do some really really good things across the network and this is really one of them. So what we've done is we've launched a little thing where we cruise around schools in South Australia. We have some fun and we get the people to jump on board and overplayer and just register to become a next handball champion.
Speaker 7: It's that easy.
Speaker 3: What we need to do is find the best junior handball player in this state that's South Australia's ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then who knows what's next after that? So can you just imagine yourself you're that sort of champion or where do you go to from there? Ah, I'm not sure. I'm thinking Ronaldo Lebron, James Leo, Messiky's the Limit Connors No.
Speaker 6: That sort of stuff. So yesday we had our first school visit, yes because it was fun.
Speaker 1: We went to Athleston Primary School because Kai was a first player to officially register via the overplayer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good on you, Kai, And we went out there to Ethelston and what a gorgeous school it is and we witnessed something very special out there yesterday it was a little kid, so okay. So basically what happened is we threw it heap of handballs into the crowd, hazy, and because there weren't enough handballs per capita, there are a couple of kids that missed out. So at the end, a little girl called Poppy came up and she just had a little, single, little tear down her face because she was handballless. And so I'm standing there and I gave a little hug and I was consoling her, and we didn't have any over handballs left. I was like, Eh, what do I do here? This little kid called Aaron comes up and he goes, she can have mine.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: So Aaron, if you're listening, young man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, full credit to you, Aaron.
Speaker 1: That it's really really nice because we did make the joke that some of these little blokes were so generous and making sure that everyone was happy.
Speaker 6: And I was wondering what my daughter would do in that situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you said that. You explain what Lotti would have done in that.
Speaker 1: Scenario featuring Lotti cruising around with a ball in each pocket. Yep, maybe a ball in each chick like a chipmunk and asking for another one.
Speaker 3: Can little Johnny over there have one of your handballs. I don't have any.
Speaker 1: Hey, please get involved with this handball Blitz competition. If you want to jump on board, do that via the Nova player. Yesterday we're at Athlestone. Let's recap. It was a lot of fun. So we're at Athelston Primary School to try and find our next handball Bitz champion.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, thank you so much for having us here.
Speaker 7: Today. We are here for our handball Blitz and guess who got us here?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's Kai.
Speaker 1: He was the first person out of everyone in South Australia to register and become our first participant for our handball Blitz. We're doing this massive competition and Kai is an official player and he's the first one, So big round applause again.
Speaker 6: Good stuff.
Speaker 3: Guy who put show of hands, who likes to play handball at recess and lunchtime.
Speaker 7: A lot of handle players.
Speaker 6: Here, Hazy, A lot of potential champions.
Speaker 3: Who likes that song that goes and it's really bad grammar so it makes me really upset, but it goes.
Speaker 7: Girls is players too. It's a good one is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, who loves Coler.
Speaker 3: What we're going to do now is have a little demonstration with Kai. Who's going to You're going to team up with me, Hazey or the principal.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just a bit of life advice.
Speaker 3: Don't turn you back on the principle ever, not today, not ever a preference.
Speaker 6: Okay, well that's your minute. Guys going to represent the students.
Speaker 3: Yes, ready, let's let's do what I know.
Speaker 6: So this is the moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, Kay just took it out in front of three hundred and seventy seven kids and the street credit was just through the roof.
Speaker 3: You took the opportunity to pick Kai up and hoist him over your shoulders.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I really got carried away in the moment.
Speaker 1: There was a moment where I was picking him up and I was like, wow, Kyle's quite heavy because what we did identify at least.
Speaker 6: There he's thirty five, he's thirty seven or aut ten stone. Yeah, I reckon. The heaviest thing about him was his beard.
Speaker 3: Yes. The other thing that happened that was pretty funny is when the big Nova nine one nine chat was going up and everyone's going no, no, There's always one kid, isn't there There's always one kid that yells out.
Speaker 7: Triple lamp.
Speaker 3: And the teacher, Oh my god, the glare like shut up.
Speaker 6: That's very very good stuff.
Speaker 1: If you want to be a part of our handborg Blitz competition, please red right now by the overplayer.
Speaker 6: Guess freaking story.
Speaker 11: This town hall summer scene is just huge.
Speaker 3: Seventy All the talk has been about Koshi leaving this week, leaving Sunrise, his last show will be next Friday, and who will replace him, et cetera, et cetera. He had a conversation with co host Nat Barr where he said, Daily Mail's got this story about my hot sun being hidden away in the family business. So apparently everyone was carrying on about how hot Koshi's son is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, I've seen photos of him. He's pretty handsome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he said. His sisters have gone to town on him.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, saying receding hairline and all that sort of stuff. AJ thirty five is a general manager at Pinstripe Media, a marketing agency founded by Coshee based in Sydney. Absolutely say, oh that's something to say, I have anything to say.
Speaker 8: He just looked at me.
Speaker 6: I'm just sort of doing a bit of a survey for you, if you will.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, he's cute.
Speaker 2: I didn't look and go, oh my goodness, wow. Yeah, but yeah he's all right. He's no Andrew Hayes, no David KSh He's definitely no David.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 8: So that is that.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Succession star Sarah Snook.
Speaker 6: Yes shall we? Yes? We love she in the way that she goes about it. Who are you?
Speaker 3: And she's welcomed her first child with her husband, Dave Lawson. She is a South Australian actor. She went to Scotch College.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people did not know that everyone's in a Succession. I don't think everyone knew that she is a proud South Australia.
Speaker 7: I fell in.
Speaker 3: Love with her when she was on an ABC series and the name escapes me at the moment, but she was absolutely incredible. You're just sitting back going that is some hectic acting. She's very very good anyway. So she's posted on Instagram a photo of her and the baby watching the final episode of Succession, which has now been ruined for me because Andrew Hayes told me about a major storyline that I won't repeat, and.
Speaker 7: Don't you repeat it again. It's a spoiler a lot.
Speaker 6: I was just so sad when it happened.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she said, it's hard to express what this show has meant to me. I just watched the final episode of the final season of something that has changed my life, and now my life has changed again.
Speaker 5: Thank you for all the love and support.
Speaker 3: The weird thing is she was pregnant while filming I reckon the last one or two seasons, and so I just spent the whole time looking at her tummy and how they were trying to disguise it. She must have been so uncomfortable because some of the stuff was just still really really tight, and then towards the end of the pregnancy she had like looser pants on and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: So people were talking, though, weren't there as soon as that season started, people like, something's going on here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely very good stuff.
Speaker 7: Juicy us.
Speaker 3: Now Nick Curios has triggered you, guys, and no one needs a triggered Nick. So he's a mad Celtics fan, and he tweeted, it's the hope that kills you. It's been fifteen years since the Celtics last championship. Boston will have to wait another season after the Heat dominated to win one hundred and three to eighty four at home, which hurts even more because the crowds like erlated to crash out of the playoffs.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing with the NBA.
Speaker 7: Right now, Oh, you've got something to say on the NBA?
Speaker 1: Have we got something to say about the Eastern Conference Finals? So went to Game seven. Who's going to get through? Is going to be the Heat or the Celtics. I'll say this right now. Whoever wins gets to go in and probably gets swept by the Nuggets and.
Speaker 7: The Pints exactly.
Speaker 6: So it's like, Okay, we lost, but I think I'd rather go home right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I'm a Boston Celtic then get potentially swept in the finals by the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: It very much reminds me of the Wildcats before Tuesday Night sum of that bull season last year. Yeah, because we crashed out in the semis, right, but we knew that if we had gone through, we would have faced a team that would have smashed it. So I was kind of happy to bow out at that point, gracefully by a couple of goals.
Speaker 1: Galen Brown and Jason Tatum and the girls. It's such an easy comparison.
Speaker 6: Isn't it.
Speaker 7: Well, everyone's doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 7: Juice, you're the only one that's not.
Speaker 8: Grow up.
Speaker 1: That was 's Jews. Do you know I got a little bit distracted. JT's in my mind. Yeah, he always is.
Speaker 6: And we had the.
Speaker 1: Absolute pleasure earlier this week from having a chat with a great man. Yes, we had a joke off and then we straightened up and we spoke all things NRL, the great Jonathan Thurston, absolute NRL legend.
Speaker 6: Should we speak to him?
Speaker 7: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okayojto, We're good, We're good.
Speaker 7: You're pumped.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very excited.
Speaker 11: It's a great time of the year when Origin rolls around, especially for the Eastern States. That a mad Rugby League fans. So yeah, first games at Adelaide Oval, so we're very excited. We get there Monday and Wednesday. She's on, so hopefully there's a lot of morone in the crowd. I think just about the rest of the country don't like your South Wales. I like us, so I'm sure there will be.
Speaker 6: I feel like we're a little bit we're kind of sheltered.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people, the sports fans, obviously it's all afl down here. You don't get much of a grasp on just how big State of Origin isn't how important it is for you who's just won so many series. You were the absolute catalyst for that unbelievable run to win a State of Origin series.
Speaker 6: What's it like for a play Oh, it's huge.
Speaker 11: We grow up I want to play for the Queensland Maroons or you know, south of the Borderland want to play for the Blues. So you know, we've got a deep understanding of how the history of origin started. So before nineteen eighty, all our players were down in New South Wales, so the Queensland players would play for New South Wales and when they play the Interstate series, all our players would be smashing up the Queenslanders, even though that they were Queenslanders. So I think our last interstate series that they'd won before nineteen eighty was like in nineteen fifty eight or something. So that's how it all came about nineteen eighty and since then, you know, the Queenslanders that grew up here and played here, they understand what it takes to win an origin series. But more importantly, they understand who they're playing for, and that's the people of Queensland.
Speaker 6: And yeah, we know the impact.
Speaker 11: This team has on the state and we know that there will be a lot of happy kids out there when we win the game, or they'll be certainly very sad when they wake up the next morning.
Speaker 6: If we've lost.
Speaker 11: So yeah, it's a huge contest and rugby league players grow up to where the Maroon jersey.
Speaker 1: So this is what interests me as well. I think this is what the AFL crowd can't get that hair around. Compare just how important it is to winning a premiership, which you did with the Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you win a premiership. They're the boys that you play with each and every day. You know you're representing your state and you know it's more than just a game when you're playing state of origin. Like I said, Queenslanders, they're resilient people. They get battered by you know, natural disasters, bushfires, you know, cyclones, droughts. So that eighty minutes that the queens and Maroons are playing, you know, no matter what people are going through in their lives, it's like they can just be free and be proud of their team. So yeah, we certainly have an understanding of what it means to the people of Queensland.
Speaker 3: You sort of over the years have equated State of Origin with a bit of beef.
Speaker 7: What's the go now?
Speaker 3: Is it just sort of frowned upon dig And how much do you get fined if you start punching.
Speaker 11: On Yeah, so those days are gone pretty much. So if there are punches thrown, you get sent to the sinbin for ten minutes and you've got to play with twelve men. When you play with twelve men in State of Origin, your backside is hanging out because of the amount of work you have to do with one less player, so you don't want to player in the bin.
Speaker 7: Maybe we should have this system in here.
Speaker 8: Oh JT.
Speaker 7: It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: You're one of the nicest guys I've ever interviewed, So, you know, thank you so much for your time this morning.
Speaker 6: No, thanks for having me and go to Maroons. Thanks mate, good.
Speaker 12: Totally.
Speaker 7: It's