Speaker 1: Get adelaide. Let's do this, and we pay our respects to the late Sandlog and it's very.
Speaker 2: Old when we played the reverly Here's nine and telnost theme and then missus Mbalis. We'll pay our respects to shannonhity.
Speaker 3: All. That's not respectful.
Speaker 2: So what about this? She hadn't very sadly died of cancer at age fifty three on the weekend. However, she has left a list of people she doesn't wanted her funeral. Give that a clap?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good stuff, shading a nice little a nice little parting whack.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So she's spoken about her plans and her burial arrangements on her Let's Be Clear podcast, where she frequently opened up about her health journey and her hopes for the future. This is what she said and I loved it. She claimed that there would be some people who will only go to her funeral big as they feel like they have to, feeling the pressure not to look bad. Okay, I've thought about this. Have you ever thought about the people that were to turn up to your funeral just because they don't want other people to go? Oh my god, he didn't come, or she din car.
Speaker 1: And I've often thought about the people who maybe some people and everyone's got one that you work with, and you're like, do I have to go to their funeral? I don't think they want me their funeral. If I don't go, it's going to look bad. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she said, they'll show up because it's the politically correct thing to do, and they don't want to look bad. So I kind of want to take the pressure off them. And I want my funeral to be like a love fest, she said. I don't want people crying or people to be privately like, thank God that bitch is dead.
Speaker 1: Now one more die.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, all right, let's go around the room. Who don't you want it your funeral? I'll start Daniel Lane. When I was fourteen, he was my first boyfriend. He broke my heart. He left me for Melissa Wilson because she was a lot more developed than I was. If you know what I mean, No, what do you mean emotionally? Emotionally developed?
Speaker 1: She was mature.
Speaker 2: So he's not coming. Anyone who's ever come up to me in the street and said, oh my goodness, you look so much better off the telly. You're not coming to my funeral.
Speaker 1: I haven't hang on how many times does that happen a lot?
Speaker 2: What happens all the time? You're so much prettier in real life. That's but I kind of I'm torn with that because I think would it be worse the other way round? Meet me in real life and go, oh my god, you're so much prettier on the Telly.
Speaker 1: How about you just want a version where people like you're pretty on Telly and in real life.
Speaker 2: Okay, so those people aren't coming on about you hazy for.
Speaker 1: Me and just just just hear me out here for me, And this has probably been a strict wall of mine, probably from the beginning, but for me, no NECROPHILIAX, straight up, and it's going to be. It's going to be in my last letter, No necrophiliac my funeral for obvious reasons. I just sort of feel like he could ruin the vice you're going to get. What about you produce that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: And no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't hold grudges, So everyone can come except except Ethan Powell from year seven. We kissed at the bike crack Yeah, yeah, it was really cute, and then after school that day he kissed a listen at the bike crack two girls in one day.
Speaker 2: Day What's.
Speaker 1: Layer turns out boys as players to.
Speaker 2: Yeah boys players. Okay, God, Abby, I need you to narrow your list of people who don't want funeral.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think who I wouldn't want their Probably like Tank Andry would just bark the entire time, So probably not them.
Speaker 2: Yeah they'd yeah, but they'd be super annoying, would be disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I'd probably say, Yeah, I'm the same a boy that I kissed at school at the bag racks.
Speaker 2: He was my first kiss.
Speaker 3: And then he.
Speaker 4: And then he got his friend to break up with me over the phone during school holidays. He didn't even do it himself because we're going to high school and we're going to two different schools, so he can.
Speaker 2: Primary school thing. Because I remember saying that Daniel, let's hang out on the holidays. Is like about that? Seea really mean with.
Speaker 1: You clearly got plans with Ethan.
Speaker 2: Sorry, ladies, we spoke a little earlier about Shannondoherty and she has left a list of people she does not want at her funeral, and you can probably guess one or two. Lissa Milano, her co star and charm they never got.
Speaker 1: Along famously, never got a long term, didn't she. Yeah, she had some enemies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was a little bit difficult on the set of nine O two or oero apparently. So she has basically said, I don't want people to come along crying, or people to be privately like thank god that bitch is dead.
Speaker 1: I like how blun she is.
Speaker 2: That is her attitude. But it got us to thinking planning your funeral. You got some ideas of how you want things to run.
Speaker 1: And I think I think most people are like, well, I don't want it to be sad, but most funerals are sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's be honest about that.
Speaker 1: And even when people try and play happy music, it almost adds to the sadness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you.
Speaker 1: Like he would have been so happy? Which makes us sad. I don't know if I'm happy or sad. But this year is coming out.
Speaker 2: What a raft of emotions you go through at funerals.
Speaker 1: I know what about you? You got a theme on your funeral?
Speaker 2: I do so. When they're lowering the coffin down, yeah, I want someone to play this.
Speaker 1: Please please explain the concept here.
Speaker 5: Wait for it.
Speaker 2: It comes step.
Speaker 1: Apparent lower her into the ground. Okay, I see, I just thought you want people to working at your own funerals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want you front and setter working at my funeral place and kick things off. I know people are going to be shy, right, No one wants to be the first one on the dance floor. But on this occasion, you start the tworking.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, I'll start the working out of my funeral. You need to start the work. I want the first song on the dance floor to be this place. Yeah, yeah, much, and I'll be watching Papa Bad going. Come on, someone dares do it? Just I would want you to not be awkward. Okay, stop looking at each other. Maybe, what the hell are we playing this?
Speaker 2: We both just put each other under extraordinary pressure at each other's funerals. Haven't we any other thoughts for your funeral?
Speaker 6: Um?
Speaker 1: Yeah not really. I want it to be I want it to be on Friday too, by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh why some people get the dath work.
Speaker 1: Some people get the dath work and they can genuinely have a good time. The amount of funerals that I see that are held on a Monday or a Tuesday, and then it turns into it. Oh, I've got to go to this funeral. Yeah, got to go there. I've got to be seen. Won't Maybe I'll have a beer or two, but it's a Monday. Can't go nuts. I want people to go nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very valid point.
Speaker 1: I want them to celebrate responsibly with twenty to forty five yeers e.
Speaker 2: So fifteen twenty four ten, please give us a call right now. Have you planned your funeral meticulously gone? This is how I want it to go down.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not really more. But because you want to a lot of people there. I think most people wanted to be crowded. Yeah, but also you want to go out with the bang. Yeah, you want it to be memorable.
Speaker 2: I have one more a prerequisite for my funeral, and that is every morning that attends has to go up to my husband Greek and say, don't you ever ever find love again? So do you ever find an ounce of happiness? Because she's gone and you can never replace her.
Speaker 1: You know, in heaven she's not being with anyone. She's faithful to you even when she's up in heaven.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends.
Speaker 1: Celebrities take it to the next level zone. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 5: Some of these celebrities and their wishes have been outrageous. First of all, Tupac, obviously one of the most epic rappers of all time. He skipped the funeral, had his ashes smoked by members of his.
Speaker 2: Old group Outlaws.
Speaker 1: Very good, shut up.
Speaker 5: They sat around and smoked his ashes.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 5: Not insane? For a long time it was just a rumor, but they confirmed it in twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: They did it, so it didn't And maybe you've got this one here, didn't Keith Richard's snort his dad's ashes?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's insane though.
Speaker 1: I've just I've just thrown that out of nowhere. Hopefully that's Yeah.
Speaker 5: I hope you made it up, because that is.
Speaker 3: Hunter S.
Speaker 5: Thompson. Maybe not as commonly known, but he old school died and his wishes were to have his ashes blasted out of the cannon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, isn't that insane? He was an author authors of you.
Speaker 2: Know, different build a bit, different authors, aren't they. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Fred power At, the inventor of pringles. He wanted to be buried in Pringles can.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine as well.
Speaker 2: What flavor though? That's a really good question.
Speaker 5: Because you're not going out original.
Speaker 1: But also being the last pringle in that point of view for the prinkle when you see the person looking in there and they're trying to get it as.
Speaker 2: Well, even in death, you're like you still, I know he's.
Speaker 1: Going to tilt me now I'm bugging.
Speaker 4: That's how it feels to be the last single person on the planet.
Speaker 1: What would you plan for your funeral? Good morning to you, Claire. You've been planning your funeral?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit, Ye, a little bit.
Speaker 8: What are we doing on Oh, we're definitely going to have party piles and like sausage rolls and stuff there, like that sort of.
Speaker 9: Food, because.
Speaker 1: Because you can't be sad when you're having a party, it's a party.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mel.
Speaker 7: Hello, good morning. How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good your funeral director?
Speaker 7: I am? I am all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, Okay, I don't want to drill down because we don't have too much time. But what are some of the most amazing things you've ever seen at the funeral?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, the most amazing thing I had was a lady pre planned hers. She wanted everybody to write on her coffin have a shot of dam Booker and then wanted to be carried out to put another log on the fire.
Speaker 1: It's talking about. She was watching on from above and she was very content. You can guarantee that.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. Now, yeah, so you've got experience on this front. What do you want to happen at yours?
Speaker 7: I mine's very simple. I just want somebody to come along dressed as the Grim Reapers, to stand at the back of the room and say nothing.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, no, he is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually physically here. Oh, we could talk to you all day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Well, so, Mel before you go, obviously you're a funeral director. Surely discount discompt for your own funeral.
Speaker 7: Oh maybe maybe hopefully fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: You know, well, it's not Male's problem. She didn't have to pay for it, does she. Someone else got to flip the bill.
Speaker 1: That'spot on cold. Good morning to you, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, good morning. What do you want at your funeral?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: My is my husband. Actually he has decided it's going to be in Victoria Square, in the middle of Victoria Square, and he wants a group of fifty or sixty Italian old Italian women in black fining Maria to him, I.
Speaker 1: Thank you what to send off? What a gorgeous send off? Very nice.
Speaker 6: I don't know how that happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the best thing about that is all the people wandering down from Good Austrata, like what that it's going on here, dear and good morning? What do you want?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm yet to convince my parents, but what I really want is like a clue game. So they need to rent a castle instead of a church. And I want everybody nineteen twenty so dressed up to a tea and my death to be incorporated into the story, paid actors and everything.
Speaker 1: That's what we're talking about. Let's turn it into something. It's genuinely interesting.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of effort, though. That's like when people ask you and I to go to dress up parties, and for the love of God its Saturday afternoon. Cannot be bothered. But if it's a funeral, maybe a different story. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that. Let's all continue to plan our funerals for the future. Yes, please, nice, isn't.
Speaker 2: It's where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: Hies.
Speaker 2: Let's hope everyone can get them complete.
Speaker 3: Let's start with this rats.
Speaker 2: There has been a photo post of the social media showing a very unwelcome visitor at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Oh my goodness, it's been called ra to tulli ye.
Speaker 3: Else.
Speaker 2: Thanks thanks producing m. Yeah. So it shows the rodent and a rattle dock appears to show the rodent and is accompanied by the words top tip to hospital managers. Cutting cleanness duties to save costs probably works out worse in the long term when it results in rats in said hospitals. Doesn't say where it was taken in the hospital. This hospital costs two point seven billion dollars. We've got rats run around.
Speaker 1: Just a rat cruise and pass. Yeah, just finished up. Maybe he's watching The Origin was the last night. Yeah, maybe just caught up with the main and he had too many beers.
Speaker 2: He's watching Origin.
Speaker 1: He just cruise and I haven't been like New South World and he got filmed at the Royal Adelaide to Hospital and everyone's like, oh, you're like, that's not fair, especially when you're a rat and you cruise it through and you're like, I'm a slick rain and everyone's like, you guys don't deserve that sort of reputation.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it. It's just a rat trying to watch the origin and get home, you know, took a little detour through the.
Speaker 1: Hospital and trying to get home safely. He doesn't need that sort of backlash. Not good for his.
Speaker 2: Mental health and judgment.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows that there's rats all through the city though it's a thing. Are they I used to work in a hotel or I won't say which one, and there was always constantly rats. Really, yeah, it doesn't matter how much clean. Where do they go like to sleep? Because I saw underground tunnels, so they sleep in the tunnels under Adelaide?
Speaker 2: Do they? We don't.
Speaker 4: Actually, I haven't know how much rat sleep. But yeah, there's rats everywhere. Cot croaches too.
Speaker 1: You've goated a couple of rats?
Speaker 4: A oh, I've dated all of the rats, all of them across the country.
Speaker 2: I actually know where they sleep. Then if you've gone back to.
Speaker 4: The rats, they're not sleeping there in someone else's bed usually.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh they're rats.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: Okay, got any more real news for us.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna talk about rats. We are going to talk about animals and keep that theme going. So the RSPCA are hosting for the first time ever a twilight adoption night, So essentially they're throwing their new headquarters open down at o'halor and Hill my Deck of the Woods, and they'll be open from four until eight. There's around twenty three cats and kittens. There's twenty six dogs and puppies. There's some guinea pigs. So if you are looking for a new pet, maybe not a rat to cuddle up to at night, go to the RSPCA.
Speaker 1: I just know, personality wise, guinea pigs not going to offer a lot. Okay, thank you, small little brick.
Speaker 2: I know so many people who love guinea pigs.
Speaker 1: Though, good for practicing shot put, that's all. I wouldn't do it myself. Yeah, I'm a former guinea pig owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. They can't up in Queensland. They're not allowed to have them. So I've got a friend. Yeah, they're a pest up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so every time she every time she comes down, her auntie has one, so she loses it because they're not allowed to have him up there.
Speaker 2: Great guinea pig chat, you guys, guinea pig chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a squeeze and it's sick.
Speaker 2: Eleven do you have any news or no?
Speaker 1: They'll do okays.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even know what day it is.
Speaker 1: What I will say is though producer Emily has just quite rudely just shifted out of the studio. Oh my gosh, what's their problem.
Speaker 2: She's probably going to throw up again.
Speaker 1: Just having a little speed.
Speaker 2: She is pregnant. Can we practice that? Oh my god, we're an over.
Speaker 1: And honest out.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we do the six fifteen betting machine?
Speaker 1: Couz sure? Can you drop the first question next?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: But oh gosh, here comes Emily. That awesome most awesome is most awesome coffee with the good coffee that's coffee in the city. Oh, that's what we're doing, Joe's. We could get off a couple of weeks ago with Jodian Hate's Most Awesome donut. And didn't that just go absolutely bokers. Oh I'm crazy, crazy, crazy, really crazy stuff. You're crazy.
Speaker 2: We are on the hand for Adelaide's Most Awesome Coffee. So what we need you to do is nominate your favorite place, get around them, get around your local business where you frequent each and every day, and you love the brew that they serve up.
Speaker 1: I've said this before but I am genuinely in love with everything that comes with Willow Band on, Queen Shreat and rest Word.
Speaker 2: I saw the Willow Band van outside of my house yesterday.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bit we had a hazy center around here.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: They must have heard that you don't go there, so they're coming to knock on your door to recruit you.
Speaker 2: I go to Nathaniels, which is my local. They are outstanding.
Speaker 1: See I've heard that Nathaniel sucks.
Speaker 2: Skyl do not start. Do not start beef between Nathaniels and Willow Bend. But that's the rivalry.
Speaker 1: That's what it's like if someone ragged on your local coffee shop. Genuinely take it personally.
Speaker 2: Well, I just did mate put down that nith thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So some nominations so far. Commune in Setan, Stacks of snacks on Goodwood Road, great coffee there apparently been to Heaven.
Speaker 1: Coffee, the.
Speaker 4: Very nice love that the seller door se double l e door in Brighton and coffee factory important no longer all right, gotta.
Speaker 1: Be quick too. Yes, nominations close this afternoon, so make sure you had to know.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: One nine Facebook page nominate your favorite coffee places. Finalists will be announced tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: You can also text to so for double O nine one nine number nine, or head to the jd in Hazy Instagram page.
Speaker 1: Let's talk clowns, Showery and also I'll put the question out there. Do you suffer from cool rephobia fair clowns? Yes, an extreme or irrational fear of clowns on do you it's a genuine thing. I'm not really sure, because of course you've got some of the lovable clowns like Krusty the clowns and the clown.
Speaker 3: Up little Staffy Laffy clown.
Speaker 1: But then also you've got Pennywise to clown. Oh my very goodness, he's an evil clown. Yeah, I really scary. Or you've also you've got the clown off happy Gilmore that spits the ball back it happy after he sinks up part clown.
Speaker 2: He's so angry happy, he's got angry issues.
Speaker 1: Almost that happy. He's got a bit of cool erphobia. David ket Are you familiar with his work?
Speaker 2: Courtney Cox's X Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. The ship I've got in front of me says his best work is he's rolling screen but Courtney Cox's X obviously, so it didn't work out. But he was the partner of Pretty Sure.
Speaker 2: They had a daughter Cocos together. Why do I know this stuff?
Speaker 1: That is nice? But I know him. His best work his role in Scary Movie as Officer Doofy for those that know how good. Oh gosh, he is using his time now and obviously he's got a favorite of spare time. He wants to give clowns the chance to be reborn again because they've got a really, really bad rap.
Speaker 2: Wow. How does David plan on going about this?
Speaker 1: He said? The clowns have been demonized by depictions in horror movies such as American Horror Story and of course it Pennywise a clown. He said, there's more good clowns out there then there are scary clowns, despite what kinds of films are being made. He said, I love clowns in general, and if you find clowns creepy, you should give them a second shot. And I've got to be honest, I feel like back in the day, clowns were trustworthy, and now clowns are scary as hell.
Speaker 2: Almost like clowns have been canceled.
Speaker 1: No clowns are being canceled, and if you're a clown, feel free to give us call third A twenty four to ten. We'll put your on air. Promise you that, Yeah, and you can support your people because do you remember that was that clown group, the Scary Clowns group thing that was going around on Facebook. Oh, yes, like the Adelaide's Scary Clowns. Yes, that was insanely terrifying. Yes, horrible And if you saw one of those clowns and it got to the stage where we didn't even know if they actually existed, yeah, because there was far dos and stuff. But if you saw one of those kinds, particular if you were youngster, you'd be scarred for life.
Speaker 2: Are they in jail? I don't Adelaide Scary Clowns.
Speaker 1: I don't really know that would potentially sort them out.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be a maximum facility like Yahler would. It would sort of be like a clown rehab place. No huge powers for good not evil.
Speaker 1: What are you guys doing? We're in here because we were staring children with blood on our faces and also nice but also this, you guys are hilarious forgetting people's names. I know as soon as you get introduced to someone, it's like you've been given this responsibility of remembering that person's remembering people's kids' names as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's even harder.
Speaker 1: It can be really, really tricky. I've told you the story before about a bloke that I was calling Paul for the best part of two two and a half years, only to learn later on his name was Steve. So there's one part of that that's like, why did you let it happen? But also the other parts on me to do it so confidently. Yeah, and we've never spoken about I just sort of transitioned from Paul into his correct name, Steve.
Speaker 2: Can I from the other side of the fence talk about that because that's happened to both me and my husband this year. So Greg has at school sport every Saturday of the season, gone along to netball and be called Mark.
Speaker 1: Mark and he doesn't look like a mark, by the way.
Speaker 2: Not a mark, And it's so far down the track that he doesn't know how to correct it, you know what I mean, Like, if you don't do it the first time, then it's like if you eventually correct.
Speaker 3: The people go why didn't you stop me?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: As it's so far down the line that if he saw this person, the person did recognizing me, be like, it's me Mark, It's very.
Speaker 3: Mark, he'd own it.
Speaker 2: And then I was at a gym class the other day and it was one of those situations where the instructor goes, okay, everyone pair up, which is oh God, okay, I'd rather just don't my own thing. But anyway, so this woman came over to me, and she's so lovely, and I've chatted with her before, but she goes, hey, Beck, do you want a partner?
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, And so you were Beck.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't think I am a being Excuse.
Speaker 1: Me very much, it's Rebecca.
Speaker 2: Correct her on the incorrect name that she's calling, and I swear to God, during the course of that class she called me back four or five times, and I just didn't have the heart. No, let's be honest. I didn't have the courage to correct her at that point.
Speaker 1: This is my fear. This is my fear that you think that you're owning the situation by going really strong and confident with someone's name and it's the wrong name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I never go strong and confident because I always second guess myself.
Speaker 1: Do you hate this person? Now? Don't you No?
Speaker 2: I don't you know? I don't she So she just thinks that I'm someone else.
Speaker 1: I don't know if're supposed to correct her as well. So there's two sites as well. There really is is such a disgustingly awkward situation.
Speaker 2: Do you have a system with Kara when you don't know someone's name? Because I have a system with Greg.
Speaker 1: Now I just call everyone mate, do you woman, man, child, animal? Hey mate? Especially dogs, hey mate.
Speaker 2: When I know that I don't know someone's name and they're coming over towards us, I'll just go introduce yourself and I go, oh, hi, this is my husband Greg, and he knows to go hello, I'm Greg and hold out.
Speaker 1: His hands and your husband's motor mount. So you guys get our money.
Speaker 3: People are like, what, no, wonder he's been called mark?
Speaker 1: Names are irrelevant now, it's about trying to undstand what the hell's coming out of his mouth. So if you're in this boat as well, we should speak to an expert next, like a genuine doctor, about the best ways pop to retain information. When it comes to learning people's names on.
Speaker 2: The spot, it's gotten that serious. It's medical now.
Speaker 1: I know. It's one of my news resolutions as well, to learn your name mine, Jamie.
Speaker 2: We were just chatting about forgetting people's names, which, oh my god, let's face it is everyone the greatest fear.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there's a part of your brain that goes, hey, don't forget that, don't forget that, and as soon as you veer away from the thought, bang, it is gone. And I told you this story about how I was calling a bloke whose name was Steve, I call him Paul best part of two years to which it didn't correct me and that's on him. Yeah, but it's a really, really gross feeling when you know you've stuffed up someone's name.
Speaker 2: Well, i'd also like to know how to deal with it when someone calls you the wrong name. Do you correct it straight away? What are some techniques? Please?
Speaker 1: One? Okay, well, then it's time to speak to an absolute medical expert. Ladies and gentlemen, please meet doctor Zach Turner. Good morning to you, doctor.
Speaker 9: Zach, Good morning, and thank you for having me. What a fun little topic. I hope we can kind of stores for memories of.
Speaker 1: Gosh, it's it's terrifying to be honest with you, and especially when you get a complicated name, I straight away my brain tells me, hey, guess what champ, You're going to forget that? So I have a negative mindset on it before I even put it into practice.
Speaker 9: Well, that is definitely not helpful. So, like one of the biggest things about remembering names.
Speaker 2: And it's a little bit about.
Speaker 9: Like if you don't use it, you lose it. So there's lots of things you can do to help remember people's names. And these are some of the techniques and tips that I have that have definitely helped me. I guess one of the first ones is is that when you meet someone, it's about saying their name back to you. It's like pleasure to meet you, and you can often need to shake their hand or if you're giving them a kiss and the cheek. But saying a name originally helps you to identify the person. It gives you a brand chance to go, oh, look this is what they look like, smell like, function like, sound like, all those sorts of things, and gives a couple of cues. And certainly things can reduce your memory, like like stress, orings, idea or alcohol. Certainly alcohol or other things like that. So those of the things can really reduce your memory. But from that idea of storage is saying that person's name when you're having a chat to them. I think it's really great as well. Sometimes if you're at an event trying to introduce that person to somebody else.
Speaker 2: What are the little tips and techniques can people use, Because quite often if I say meet a Jemima, Okay, okay, that's jemimah Jemima Jamima, Jemima from play school, or attach it to something else to joggy.
Speaker 9: Memory, I think that's a great way. So I attach it to lots of things. And that's what I'm saying about the second part. After you've got their name, stay that lauder in your head and then try to associate the name with a story or something that's happened, or a memory or play school or different things. Hopefully it's not rude, because otherwise every time you say it, well, maybe you do. Hopefully maybe you could be more fun that way. But certainly there are different ways and things that we associate things with, and we can better recall and retrieve information if we associate with things that we are used to retrieving.
Speaker 1: Doctor Zach, So, what about this in a social situation, if you have picked up that someone has not just forgotten their name, but they've called you by the wrong name, are you correcting them or do we just let it.
Speaker 9: Slide only correct them when it's appropriately No, one is sort of embarrassing. No, my name is my own, Zach. I mean, I've got two other brothers who we all look the same. Even mum gets it wrong sometimes a repetition and different things. So it's normal for you to get some people's names wrong when they're associated with a similar thing. It's like you've got three boys, and I mean, it kind of makes sense, but you just kind of corrected and they'll kind of get it right, or you kind of get like a brandolina name or something like that, and you can combine.
Speaker 2: Some Doctor Zach, does your mum forget your name because she thinks you're the most boring of the brothers?
Speaker 9: I'm obviously the favorite, definitely the favorite, or I've paid her off.
Speaker 1: We will put are these techniques to you. So thank you so much for joining us. Oh geez, hang on a second now, I'm just kidding, Doctor Zach Turner. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: You're so welcome, right, Chad. So here's the issue that if I'm using all my brain power just trying to remember someone's names, then all the other little things that go off in terms of a checklist can get absolutely skewed. For example, next time say I don't know Dan Houston comes in here and I'm saying to myself, remember it's Dan. Remember it's Dan. Instead of shaking his hand, Bang, I'll give me my kiss on the forehead. Great, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well that's more your inability to read social situations. But was okay hanging there? It's fine. I'm sure Dan loves thinking.
Speaker 1: So what's Dan more offended by me give him a kiss on the forehead or me calling him Dean?
Speaker 2: Maybe he likes it.
Speaker 1: Battle of the ber it's time bangers the fist, little contest we do each and every week where we want to set you in the right zone. It's sort of fired for the weekend. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: We do this week. Our theme is controversy. Obviously on the back of Tenacious Day and the whole Little Palapha. It was a place to perform on Monday night and then they said something inappropriate and oh.
Speaker 1: Concert cancel, concert canceled, and who knows what the future lies for Tenacious Tea? Do you reckon they're done?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 2: Honestly, if I said something stupid or controversial and you turned your back of me and said, oh, I'm so embarrassed and a shaven and he blindsided me, but it w'd be done and they were together for thirty years.
Speaker 1: Oh lageous. He's really washed his hands with it, doesn't he? Jack Black and you don't blame him, but he's certainly not like, Oh, okay, you said that. Now we have to own it. I know I don't know this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get off exactly. Okay, So controversy, controversy, it's our theme this week. Do you want to go first?
Speaker 1: Ladies? First, where have you got?
Speaker 2: I want to hear what you've got?
Speaker 1: Okay, look, want a channel, habloku. I mean we're talking about Joey b and also Donald Trump and everything that's going over there. Perhaps at one stage people thought he was going to run for president.
Speaker 8: Taylor, I'm really happy for you.
Speaker 1: I'll let you finish. But Beyonce had one of her best videos of all time. Oh Kanye, that's controversial. Ya West, The Prince of controversy stronger. That's my nomination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't hate it, thank you. Let's begin with that. I am going to go with the og female of controversy. Okay, so let's wind back the clock back in time. This woman released a book simply called s e x. Oh gosh, that is how controversial she is. And then she had a song that was.
Speaker 1: Called well just don't work out with that spells.
Speaker 2: And then she had a song called Erotica ah, and it was forbidden on most radio.
Speaker 1: Because this was was this late eighties or nineties Probably would be nineties, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Maybe late eighties. I'm not entirely sure. Yeah. AnyWho, this is one of her most controversial songs of all time because I remember when it was released back in the day, people were like, oh my god, blasphemy. Hit us with a bit of madge, please bang.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, Joe, it's usually for the sake of it.
Speaker 2: I hate your songs.
Speaker 1: Don't hate this one. I don't hate it like a prayer Madonna.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the film uh no, can you enlighten me?
Speaker 1: Was it was it very sexual?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's very religious. It's the reason she was so controversial, right, Yeah, so it was her sort of dancing around. Remember it had all the wooden steaks. Ab do you remember this were you had all the wooden steaks and they were a light and everything was going on and yeah, she was worshiping and there was a guy in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was it was a different time. I then it was a different time. Yeah, all right, So there you go, Madonna, like prayer versus at Kanye West, it's stronger. Yeah, Controversy is the theme today.
Speaker 2: It is jump on the Jody in Hazy Instagram page. Cast your vote please.
Speaker 1: All right, we will reveal the winning song tomorrow morning at eight o'clock. No, it's birthday, pay day not too far away, and very very soon. We just want to help Jody become a better listener. You will succeed, probably not, but we'll give it a crack anyway. So it's all about techniques and just finding ways to make sure that the information sinks and stays in your brain. Jokes listening, Oh my gosh, And that's exactly what we're talking about. There's been a few thoughts and suggestions that maybe Jody isn't a very good active listener, am I right? Ladies. All right, say that.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, right, I was listening then when you bat me.
Speaker 1: In, yeah, I bet. We feel like when it comes to hearing things, maybe it's not your strength, but maybe it's a visual thing. Okay, So we just wonder we want to put something to the test. Maybe you absorb information better if you can see the words coming out of our mouths.
Speaker 3: See, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: When one sense is dull, the other one is enhanced normally.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's test this. We'll call it loose lips. What we're going to do is I'm going to give you three phrases and you're going to see if you can read my lips. Whoa Okay. So on top of that, obviously you can't hear anything. We're gonna give you some noise canceling headphones. Okay, so you can pop them on and then we'll just go for this thing. You do your absolute best to read the information that is coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Asking for a friend, Can I take those noise canceling headphones home?
Speaker 1: Depends on how where you do with this.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, shady and loose lips, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Joe's look at my lips. All right, ready, I'm not really saying anything.
Speaker 3: No to we on your cat.
Speaker 1: No, that is no, that's.
Speaker 3: Not it.
Speaker 1: That's an outrageous sentence. I'm not really saying anything. I'm not really saying anything.
Speaker 2: I am going to Oh, I've got it. I'm not going to wee on anything.
Speaker 1: That's getting there but also extremely rough.
Speaker 3: What's the word anything? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, take your headphones off. Take them off. You need to lower your voice.
Speaker 2: Am I even close?
Speaker 1: It was? I'm not really saying anything. All right, next time, my headphones back on. The duck flies at midnight.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get my fly undone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't get a flying bridge makes a lot of sense. The duck flies at midnight.
Speaker 3: This a fly eyes as a peacock. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's last one. The duck flies at midnight.
Speaker 3: I'm going to fly, so be nice.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That's pretty good. Headphones off, headphones off. The duck flies at midnight. Different, you give me us different variations of it, so I was actually not too bad. Headphones on. Here you go. Last one. I like to read in the shower.
Speaker 3: I like beers in the shower.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's close. It was close. It was close. I like to read in the shower.
Speaker 3: You like to wear in the shower?
Speaker 1: No more, one more. I like to read in the shower.
Speaker 3: I like to read in the shower.
Speaker 1: Right from three on your fifteenth to tenth and the third is not so.
Speaker 3: Oh what a fun girl.
Speaker 1: Also, you know me, so you do know that I would love to wear the ship.
Speaker 2: It makes sense a man daring beer