Speaker 1: The Jason Laurence The Jason Lauren Show is over, so we are going to be finishing up this show in a couple of weeks. So the news came as a complete shock. We love doing this for Melbourne. This is the greatest city.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: They say, every cloud has a silver lining.
Speaker 1: Hey Melbourne, Yes.
Speaker 2: Who is it? Well, Melvin is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 1: And we're back on your radio.
Speaker 2: Our new home in twenty twenty four is right here on number one hundred.
Speaker 1: Gonna be great, to be great, gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Good day, Jace and Lauren.
Speaker 2: They never wanted to leave you, Melbourne, trust me, it wasn't our choice.
Speaker 1: Melvin's fresh way to wake up Jason Lauren in the morning, Wake up, feeling good.
Speaker 2: Start You're warning the right away, the.
Speaker 1: Only way to start.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be great, Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning, Melbourne, Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: I know about you, guys, but I'm exhausted and could really do with the holiday, don't.
Speaker 1: I clocked about three minutes of sleep last night.
Speaker 3: Was long, said the sleep guys.
Speaker 2: Not as fun as they told me. It was going to tell you.
Speaker 1: I got retirement gifts when we got fired to have to return.
Speaker 2: Them the gold pen. Good morning Melbourne, Good morning Nova listeners. It is so bloody good to be back.
Speaker 1: Oh we've got the band back together. We're so I'm I'm so happy, but I'm also a bit excited, a bit nervous, a bit like I've broken out in a full body sweat and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.
Speaker 2: How is clem right?
Speaker 1: I think there's anyone out there actually listening? Hello, Helen.
Speaker 2: Only one way to find out whether to shave this morning?
Speaker 3: Did you shave?
Speaker 2: I got up at four ten and did a shave.
Speaker 1: You got up at four ten? Did it like a body a full body shave?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I wanted to fly through the show, Quicker, you.
Speaker 1: Wanted to be aerodynamic, got the rob.
Speaker 2: With the sniper. Hey, oh hang on, Lauren, give you out the phone number.
Speaker 1: Don't do that to me.
Speaker 3: That's really our l Come on, come on, what is it?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: The only phone number I know off by hard is Pizza Hut and that amen.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say the other places were used to work. You never learned that one on.
Speaker 1: I never learned that one. Thankfully.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten is the number here at Nova. Save it in your phone. We'd love thirteen.
Speaker 1: Twenty Should I save it in my phone too?
Speaker 2: In there one thread, no no, no, no, we say thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten, you got it?
Speaker 2: Call you got it. We would love to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 1: It's not a complaint hot line though. If you're not happy with what's happening here.
Speaker 2: Bring that brownie thirty to thirty four ten to join us on the air. Anybody that gets on the air as well goes in the running to win Nova's first class and fifty K. How is that?
Speaker 1: Maybe I will save the number?
Speaker 2: God where were used to work. You've got a drink card and the jet stuff light to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: A jet stuff right, you got one?
Speaker 2: This is bloody fifty k first class for.
Speaker 1: We feel very fancy being in here. And in all seriousness, thank you to everyone who's tuned in this morning. I know I was getting messages from people saying they were getting up early to listen to the start of the show, so hopefully we haven't disappointed you thus far.
Speaker 2: For anybody who was not aware of the story, we did used to do a breakfast show on another station. We've got the ass at the.
Speaker 1: End of last year and did you say we got fired?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it wasn't a track. Clint, thank you to the lovely people at Nova for having us. We have felt so welcome in this building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have, like and thanks to the people of Melbourne who backed us as well, because there was a lot of angry people out there and we're very grateful for that because your noise got us a new job.
Speaker 2: And we're back and I'll be honest, it was very overwhelming, but we had so many messages, so much support. There's still people like I'm trying to get back to but we are so glad to all still be working together. It was quite emotional driving it this morning.
Speaker 1: I know. I also didn't know how to do my morning routine, so I was running late and I was in a real flat trying to get in here. And then I was like, I'm gonna get to sue my boys again.
Speaker 2: And new executive producer who we have called the thumb.
Speaker 3: We haven't called.
Speaker 1: You have called it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't look like everyone looks a little bit like he does look like a thumb and a shirt just a little bit am it?
Speaker 1: No, he's very handsome, thumb if he's hot hand.
Speaker 2: It was about twenty to six Clint and the thumbs walking around.
Speaker 1: Going stop calling him that Lauren's not here yet.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, that's normal.
Speaker 3: She's actually running it.
Speaker 1: What time with thumb man expecting me in?
Speaker 2: She's on board, thumb Man, Clint, Oh, don't talk the footy?
Speaker 1: You're so can we can we just still a little peek behind the curtains, our very own Clint stand away, even though you're teasing me about not being here at whatever godly hour you wanted me to be here. Clint took off and went to Sydney because he wanted to go to the footy.
Speaker 3: No, hang on, let's backtrack here. It was a it was a work trip. It was the AFL was being launched in Sydney, so I thought, for our no, the listeners, I had to be here on the spot to report on what happened to the CG What.
Speaker 1: A load of garbage because I saw you drinking beers in the stadium with half of the Today Show crew.
Speaker 3: Better offer the best.
Speaker 2: But it was a few weeks ago. He's like, you know what, I reckon, We ditch the Whole AFL and NRL this year the launches in Vegas. I can go and recover. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: So how did your Mardy demons go last night? Because I went to bed? No good? Who did they play?
Speaker 2: The Swan's two options? But the Swan's isn't the.
Speaker 1: Whole AFL gone there?
Speaker 5: Though? No?
Speaker 2: You really got your finger on the polls since time, don't you, Clint? They were looking shake in the first quarter, they started coming back and then I went to bed at the end of the third quarter and woke up this morning was like, what happened? Well?
Speaker 3: I left it three quarter time, which is a cardinal sin for a footy fan. Actually has this even worse? Low point caught a tram from the seg with Tony Jones. That's how bad it got.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Sydney had trams.
Speaker 2: Or Tony Jones. They've got him there too. Hey, Christopher Trca is back on board with us as well. Track is going to join us this morning after eight o'clock A weances looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Don't get mad, Why oh don't what have you done? Where's the clock in here? It's ten past six? What have you done?
Speaker 2: I got on the Venos and started sending track goodluck messages and advice for the game.
Speaker 1: Well then he definitely won't turn up this morning.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 3: I took the advice.
Speaker 1: Great advice.
Speaker 2: Chase coming up next. We would love to hear from you. Have you come over to Nova with us? Give us a call the number Luren No not.
Speaker 1: Again, thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: Yay, guys, just see the temp on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's going to be a scorcher another one and a long weeke. How good is a Friday leading into a long weekend?
Speaker 2: How it was tactical?
Speaker 1: Isn't it starting on a good ridday.
Speaker 2: For a long weekend.
Speaker 1: We thought we could just sneak in and no one would notice, and then we could just have a few.
Speaker 3: Why don't we go early on a Friday? We go three day long weekends.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, guys, but I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: Don't even get me started. I'm exhausted too. I think we both clocked up about one hour sleep last night. Not together. We went together, but we neither of us really slept. Were anxious, just wanted to talk together.
Speaker 2: As a story. The headline, Hey, if you're just joining us. Thank you very much. It is day one of our brand new breakfast show here on Nova. We would love to hear from you. Thirteen twenty four ten. What's really caused? Anybody? It gets on the year with us during the show goes in the running for Nova's first class and fifty khe shall we? Oh my god, first caller on the show. This would be cool.
Speaker 1: First caller. Let's go to Jackie and Geelong morning.
Speaker 5: Jackie, good morning, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: We are good, Welcome to the show, Jackie.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you're back. Oh not as glad as us and the mortgage repayments. Were you listening to us on the other station?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: I was, and so it put me in a bit of a spot when you guys were done, because I really wasn't going to listen to the other station.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it was very hard for me.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks Jackie. Well we've got you back now.
Speaker 2: The honesty. You know my favorite bit, Clint, when we signed on to Nova and we came in for an ounce day. I remember we're in this little boardroom and one of the nov executives walks in and Sesta Laurence. We are so happy to have you guys, And just as they said it, the alarm went on your phone and she looked down and said mortgage repayment. She goes, not as happy as I am to be.
Speaker 1: I know it was like serendipity that moment.
Speaker 9: It was planned.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can finally enswer this call.
Speaker 1: Now he's the bank calling.
Speaker 2: Alisa in morning Tien, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who have you got there, Alisha?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: This is Noah.
Speaker 5: She's your biggest, littlest fan.
Speaker 1: Oh Noah, how old are you.
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 2: Noah?
Speaker 1: Hey Noah? What time did you wake mum up this morning?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: That quarter past five?
Speaker 6: We're a bit excited about.
Speaker 1: Days to Lauren.
Speaker 2: You guys were up before Lauren and she's on the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Noah, do you know the phone number for Nova because Lauren doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I'll tell you what if she knew it? Thirteen twenty fourteen, four years old. He's our number, Steve Languara and I recognize that name, a mate. How are you? Good Eggs buddy?
Speaker 8: Welcome back, Jason, Lauren.
Speaker 10: But I'd like to say a big shout out to my daughter Penny, who has been canting down the days to you guys.
Speaker 1: The air. Oh Penny, thank you. Did she get up at six o'clock to listen to us? Do you think?
Speaker 10: I think about three?
Speaker 1: She was actually like genuinely excited daily countdown. Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I think now it's a great time to put out. I think we all need to lower expectations, you know what I mean. Let the bar has been sick. Quite What do you do with yourself?
Speaker 11: Steve?
Speaker 2: You on the way to work about.
Speaker 10: Five minutes away? So yeah, we're a manager for a hospital chain.
Speaker 2: Serf.
Speaker 1: Oh not well, thanks for calling Steve, because I genuinely this morning, at like one minute to six head to the boys. Do you think anyone's actually listen?
Speaker 2: We really did. We're sitting here going, look, this is great. We've had a lot of support online and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that, but did they really mean it?
Speaker 3: Libby?
Speaker 2: Is another plan to call it morning to be we are good, Welcome and over.
Speaker 8: Oh, welcome back to all.
Speaker 12: Three of you. Lauren.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, we were all excited to get clean back. Actually we thought we might have lost him for a minute there, but we got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well we holding out for the money. What was it going?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just sort of canvassing Melbourne for I thought I could throw a few more jobs on, you know, I to do.
Speaker 1: Tell us the truth, clan, Were you actually trying to get a better offer?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: I was always committed to you too. My voices went up.
Speaker 2: Then he was just trying to get an offer. Hey, can we just run through your jobs for the year. You're still going to be hosting Weekend today?
Speaker 3: I am, Yeah, Weekend Today, Saturday Sunday seven to ten for those playing at home on the nine network, and then in with you guys Monday to Friday, which would be very very exciting, and doing a few shifts at nine as well during the week of course.
Speaker 2: Where's like a partner and a life fit into this? Is there you too?
Speaker 9: Exactly?
Speaker 2: It is like a marriage and we all fight and we don't sleep together. Hayt's just gone nineteen past six.
Speaker 3: Did I see you in some form of resort attire?
Speaker 1: Oh, Clint? So we've we've we've been on holidays, number, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been fun employed for a couple of months and we we've all taken a little time off. We all went on holidays. It's been summer. Jase has gone and bought a new what I would describe as a resort wardrobe where he's wearing matching sets of mats wardrobe. He hasn't brought a sports car yet, but that's coming. He's wearing these matching sense of late and I brought a silky short with a silky he done.
Speaker 2: Fashion police.
Speaker 3: We went to he just walked out of the Davenport factory.
Speaker 1: Did you wear boat shoes with it?
Speaker 2: Are you done? No? We went to our first and Nova Red room to see g flip and I thought, I'll roll out the matching set.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how much crap did you cop for it?
Speaker 2: Well? Someone put in one news article out They should have told Jason from Nova that he forgot to take off his pajamas the one time I don't wear a black shirt and hat.
Speaker 1: It was admittedly it was very hot that day, so you decided to wear a silk set short and short sleeve shirt set.
Speaker 3: It was cute.
Speaker 1: And then he went on holidays to Fiji.
Speaker 2: So over Christmas didn't exactly feel like holidays. We were looking for jobs, you know, jokes aside.
Speaker 1: Like you know, holidays were on hold.
Speaker 2: We had exactly And then when the lovely people at Nova reached out and said we will take you in.
Speaker 1: We will adopt you.
Speaker 2: I said to my wife, Lou, hey, should we pull the kids out of school go away for just a cheeky little week in Fiji, because when we start the new job, we know it's going to be all guns blazing. Yes, So Bullabulla we went to Fiji, went to the went to the Radison Blue. At dinner round, I got a near infection because I put my head under the water near the swim up bar and I think Jenny pissed in the pool. So, because I kid you not, I've been on antibiotics all week. My right ear was filled with pieces from the pool.
Speaker 1: I was once. I was once filming a Postcards episode over there, when as we were doing a piece of camera, the little siren went off and everyone had to evacuate the pool. Brown a code Brown. Someone didn't do a number one in the pool and then they just scoop it out and everyone gets back in the pool. No, that's not for me, you know what.
Speaker 2: I didn't like what.
Speaker 1: I mean everything, because you only like being in the air conditioning at your own house.
Speaker 2: I'm not great in the heat. Oh do you know when you jump in a pool and it feels more like a bath, like it's not fresh.
Speaker 1: Too hot, No wonder you got a near infection. But you you're not good with that stuff. Remember you had the inflatable spar and your wife got a staff infection because you never cleaned.
Speaker 2: That's because I know I always clean it. But we had a little rug night and dropped a beer in it. I forgot to claim it own.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, speaking of his holiday and it being too hot, Clint listened to this, So he's packed up the kids. Right, let's get there. Oh you can imagine, quick glue, pack the bags. We're going on holidays.
Speaker 2: Kids were wrapped to get out of school.
Speaker 1: Get the kids out of school. We're going on holidays. You know what he did. He called me from Fiji and he said, Lauren, I've rebooked the flights. I'm coming home early. I was like, what's happened? And he got picked think it's too hot. It's too hot. So he packed the kids' bags.
Speaker 2: Clint, I couldn't get the room air conditioning under twenty six It just kept getting hot as here. No humidity was ninety eight percent. You don't know what it's like there, Lauren, he.
Speaker 1: Came home from his summer holiday to Fiji because he was the big boy, was too hot his summer silk set. Didn't call it.
Speaker 2: I was the only one happening on the plane coming back from Fiji. Normally everyone's like really excited going over and then when we're.
Speaker 1: Coming back crying, Dad, we want to They were to devastated. And then did you make them go back to school or did they still get the time off?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Back to school? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Can.
Speaker 2: I say thank you to the lovely people at Nova for employing us, But even more importantly, what a week to employ us.
Speaker 1: Before a long weekend?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, oh, That's what I was excited about.
Speaker 2: Before the Taylor Swift concert. Remember they offered.
Speaker 3: Us tickets dashed in, didn't ah, mate.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I was an employee for twelve hours and I was like, oh, I need Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was in a super box with all the all the head wobblers. Meanwhile I had busted balls to get those tickets and then off he trotted to a corporate box.
Speaker 2: I turned into the biggest Swifty after that. I was talking to like the Nova manager, right, Brendan, who's highest lovely guy, he's the one that's taking us from Santa Link of board us here and he was chatting with me during the concert and I'm like, I'm sorry, styles just started. I'm gonna have to come back to this conversation.
Speaker 1: My gosh, how good was it?
Speaker 2: Though? Incredible?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we're talking about yesteryear now because that was so long ago. But we haven't been on air sexon but all her fans because she's in Singapore at the moment. I'm terribly worried about her health because she's got some kind of cold situation and apparently her voice was cracking during console.
Speaker 3: Last year because she actually sings yes for three and a half hours.
Speaker 2: I went down the whole rabbit hole watching all the talis with videos and the docos and everything. You know, she did the whole set list, whole set list on a treadmill in preparation. Every day she would try to I.
Speaker 1: Think Beyonce used to do that too. My god, I can't even on a treadmill without scene.
Speaker 2: Guys, we were just saying before the song, should we take a look back at what's unfolded over the last couple of months.
Speaker 1: We a lot is unfolded.
Speaker 2: Very proudly have a new home here at Over one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm so pumped not just to be here at nover, but that we've got the band back together. Clint, I don't know where you've been hiding, been around.
Speaker 3: I've been around, Lauren.
Speaker 1: If you got to charge these phone it took a bit of twisting, but we gotcha.
Speaker 2: There was no way we weren't going to all do this unless we're all in. Yea, you know what I mean. It was all in or not what just feels right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think after a pretty testing few months for all of us, this is a really happy ending but also really happy beginning for a new start for us.
Speaker 2: For people that have come over to Nova from where we used to work, thank you and welcome.
Speaker 1: For people who I'm sorry that we don't really know how to use anything here doesn't it's a bit like we're on work experience, so.
Speaker 2: It's very much like where we used to be. Basically for people who are normal Nova listeners. And if you aren't aware of what's happened is we used to do a breakfast show on another radio station and last year we got the boot because they were bringing in Kyle and Jackie O from Sydney and we're going a network of show in and it sucked, to be honest. We'd worked together for a couple of years. We were having so much fun. The show was, you know, really starting to gain some momentum. The team was amazing, and then we just had the rug pulled out from under us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we felt like we we I mean, there's no nice way to put the fact that we got fired, but we felt like we felt like we were just getting started at that moment when I think when the rumors started swirling that maybe there was going to be a changing of the guard over there, and we were like, no, surely not.
Speaker 2: And also, you know what, we're not naive this industry. It's the entertainment industry. You know, people lose their gigs all the time.
Speaker 3: It was unsettling, right.
Speaker 1: Because I think because we weren't spoken to about it. It was like were being spoken about, but none spoke to us about it. So we were all a bit like, no, well.
Speaker 2: Really, my issue was not that it was happening, it was how it was handled. Yeah, and not just for us, but everyone that worked on the show, everyone worked at that station. Yeah, and I think the real sting was that we're being replaced by a show that working from Sydney.
Speaker 3: So which and I want to get your opinion on this because Laura and I are fairly new to this caper, right to this radio caper. We've been in the industry for a long time in the station. Now, well that's a sign of experience, huh.
Speaker 2: But how did it.
Speaker 3: Impact you, Jays, because you've you've been here, done that for many years.
Speaker 2: It was pretty personal for me, wow, on a number of scales. A. I had good friends that were working behind the scenes in my management. I knew people at the old radio station who were quite high up. And yes, it was it was. It was pretty personal and that cuts and it's yeah it did. It was a really shit feeling lash year. It really was.
Speaker 1: I think I think I saw you in those last few weeks change your your spirit changed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't anger, it was just I was I was just bloody gutted. Again, I'm not ive, that's the industry, you know, people lose their gigs and move on and stuff.
Speaker 1: But it was do you know what, it was more personal for you than I think Clinton and I were just looking at each other like we're just on this crazy role.
Speaker 3: That's where Jace went into protection mode and he and credit to you, mate, because you really looked out for Lauren and I a given we'd never experienced anything like this ever before. And I guess thank you for that, Jase, because it was a really really sort of beautiful time and it sort of helped us get where we are right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you held our hand through a lot of that when we were like, I mean, we we come from a TV background where we've heard TV was brutal, but.
Speaker 2: Three would always joke those swape cards wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: They didn't, but it was it was tough for all of us. I think you've got your dad of three with kids that you're trying to work out what school they're going to, trying to work out you know, your family is in Brisbane where you were going to live.
Speaker 2: And this was what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Ja Clinton just bought his first home, Like he just paid a deposit on his first house two weeks before we lost our jobs.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't and you just bought the latest Louis. That's not funny. But it wasn't just us. It was team members had just sign rental agreements, you know, you know, upgraded cars and stuff. It was a really hard time. But at the same time, I've got to say the support that we have felt since we got shafted has been overwhelming and just overwhelming. Everyone has been so bloody nice in this city. I've had random people coming up to us at the shops. Yeah, a lady the other day grabbed me and Bentley. It was like I was dying and she goes, good luck, you know for Friday. We're all rooting for you.
Speaker 3: So nice. Can I say, though, that is Melbourne at its best is yeah, that's that's what Melbourne has always done really well. And having lived here all my life, like you, Lauren, that screams this great city.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, And I think to us this is a job. We lost our jobs, but for the first time I realized how many people lost their routine in the morning as well in this city that listens to us. And we're so grateful for those listeners who showed us support in a time where we felt like I think we all probably hit bottom for a couple of days there where we didn't know what we were going to do with our lives. Where we're going to be would we have jobs next year, we'll be able to pay our mortgage, which, by the way, we're not the first and we won't be the last people to experience that, not in this industry. But there's a lot of people who have ridden that wave of losing their jobs recently in the current climate, and I think the power of having people to support you and to remind you that just keep pushing, just keep going, you'll get there was really reassuring for all of us. And so for those listeners who have come over to Nover to listen to us now, we're so thankful. We're so grateful, And for the audience at NOV who are already NOV listeners, we're really grateful that you're still listening this morning too, and hopefully you stick with us for a while, because we're really excited by this.
Speaker 3: I've got a real appreciation for this now, which I don't think I had going back a few months ago. Yeah, and I've always valued and loved the listener obviously, but now I value and love the job so much more.
Speaker 2: It's great. This is the best job in the world, and the fact that we get to do it with mates, you know, like, remember that's what I was saying to you guys at the end of last year, and that's why it hurts so much, is because I've been doing this industry for twenty seven years and I'd always say to you lost, like, it is so rare to get a show where the hosts are absolute great mates and have each other's back is just so rare, and we have that, And that's why it hurts so much at the end of last year. But to be able to go into this year again and we've got a new home. Yeah, here we go. We're not going anywhere. I sit to the management here old I on this station. I hate moving no more.
Speaker 1: I'm not great. We've changed either, to be honest, So hopefully they stick with us for a while.
Speaker 3: I was so scared to walk into here this morning. It feels like a kid at primary school, Lauren. How long until you're here? And then you are running late and I'm like, jays, where are you?
Speaker 1: I've had some teating problems this.
Speaker 3: To be there.
Speaker 1: I wasn't running late. I got stuck in the car park because my car is too high for the car park. Here, I hit the roof and I've just left the car.
Speaker 3: Then do you know what. It's a distinct lack of masking tape in this studios.
Speaker 1: Really the studio is lovely, isn't it.
Speaker 2: How's this right over over the time when when over rang and you know that you want to play it cool? I was going through the g YG drive through what's the gy and I sent.
Speaker 1: They do I've never seen a drive through because it's not a drive through near me in the Burbs.
Speaker 2: And I had over management on the phone. I'm like, well, let me think about it. And I hung up and I came up to the window and the lady goes, bloody hell, I miss you Lauren and Clint. You should come work here. No, no disrespect the people g y G. When I got off at a job manning the drive through, I picked up that phone and rang over back very quickly and said we are in.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't have you on drive through you'd eat more than yourself. When he gets fired straight away, I.
Speaker 2: Think they were thinking me with the radio voice using the speaker.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very strong. They please drives through a good stuff discount there as.
Speaker 1: Well, do they? When did you work there?
Speaker 3: You should rethink it.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't be called over back. This is pretty cool. We are spoilt for live music. He in Melbourne at the moment, had Taylor Swift Star of the Year, Pink about to come back, and guess who else is about to join us. Something's got a hot on me.
Speaker 1: Listen to that voice. We're talking about Teddy Swims. He's just announced his I've tried everything but therapy Australian tour. He is coming to Margaret Corderina on Sunday, the thirteenth of July. Tickets are on sale today from one pm at Frontier touring dot com. Listen to that voice. Jason Delicious t.
Speaker 2: Me a look at your search history. Teddy Swims facts me. Hey, we've got first double in town. If you want to win him, thirteen twenty four ten is our number to win you wait at Teddy here on nov In fact, we'd love to go to the phones and hear from you if you join us for our first show as well.
Speaker 1: I know, thank you if you are tuning in for our first show. I don't think we've been too rustyly after three months off, we got the training wheels back out.
Speaker 2: Let's make the call at nine.
Speaker 3: You know up to date on Melbourne's one No one hundred. Here is Jason Lauren, Jason Lyon, Jason Lauren on No.
Speaker 11: One hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, Melbourne, welcome to day one of your brand new breakfast show. It is Jason Lauren Clint in the newsroom and the frequency is yes, one hundred, sent away?
Speaker 1: Did you forget where we were?
Speaker 3: One hundred?
Speaker 2: Look at the wall, A lot of signs.
Speaker 1: You know what my dad said to me. Bobby Phillips or just Bobby Phillips said his alarm for five point forty five this morning. He said, Love, it's really strange in my car. I have to put it on one hundred point three to get a good clear sound. That was that good on your dad? He goes, is it over one? An over one hundred point three?
Speaker 2: I didn't tell you this, but a good question. I was chatting with Bobby, your dad the other day.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't. You know, Bobby, you guys are not allowed to talk without me there.
Speaker 2: Bobbie Phillips is joining us after eight o'clock the Small Name. He's currently at home writing down feedback on show number.
Speaker 1: One oh known as if I wasn't nervous about this.
Speaker 3: About the change.
Speaker 1: Remember when my dad went up to his local bakery and he put a sign in the window. I wonder we'll have to ask him when it comes on.
Speaker 2: Yep, they call it an air check in this industry. You can't wait for that. Bobby Phillips with some feedback on the show coming up after eight this morning.
Speaker 1: Clint forgetting what station were on.
Speaker 3: Just then?
Speaker 1: Surely that gets have mentioned Dad.
Speaker 2: It is International Women's Day and one of the queens here at Nova, Ricky Lee, is going to be joining us after seven thirty this morning. But I'll tell you what. Front lines have been lighting up all morning with people just wishing us the best, which is so nice, nice, Like if you want to join us on the air anytime, and number is thirteen twenty four ten. And if you get on the air, you go on the running for Nova's fifty K first class at fifty k, which nays should we go to fhe takes of calls.
Speaker 1: Why not? Let's go to Lucy in Paran morning, Louise.
Speaker 8: Good morning, welcome that guys.
Speaker 1: So sappy, Thank thanks for listening.
Speaker 9: Lucy.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing for the last three months while we were on extended leave?
Speaker 8: Look, I have to be honest, I did change station, right, but obviously I'm.
Speaker 2: That great Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I kind of what are their names, the fifty seven Byron.
Speaker 2: Or the branding's working over there. Well, look, thank you for coming over to Nova. We appreciate it. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number to join us on the air.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Shane and Hoppers Crossing.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: You Friday, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good Friday before a long week, Ken, Shawney. Good, It's good to hear.
Speaker 11: Your voices again.
Speaker 3: I've been I've just been flicking through Instagram looking at all your old reels and that, and that's. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Good to listen more. You just pick it, you just pick it, wind up.
Speaker 2: I remember a few years ago.
Speaker 5: Like I was going through a tough time and then I just listened to news every morning and I was going for real personal stuff and then listen to you guys just picked up.
Speaker 1: Just great, Thank you, thank you, Shawney.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's the thing whenever we've like opened up and talked about our personal lives or struggles that we've gone through, like honestly you lonely still of course I am, but just the outpouring from people that relate always blows me away. So look, today is day one of our brand new show here at Nova.
Speaker 1: Which we're very excited about. It's thank you to the team at Nova. We're very grateful that we are getting a second chance here. Don't you stuff it up.
Speaker 2: Jason Pete, CEO, came in for day one of our first show.
Speaker 1: He came down from the Harbour City from Sydney and guess what else, Clint, he forgot his past, so he sat out the front. He set out in front of the car, listening on the app into the building.
Speaker 2: So good to know the Nova players working. CEO tested out this morning. How nice is the facilities here at Nova?
Speaker 1: Everything is nice.
Speaker 2: Like everything's brand you also underground car park.
Speaker 1: No see, I don't. Yeah, the underground car park is great because Jace has it would have a wi out if there was any kind of rain happening, because he would have straightened his hair before work and he would have to walk inside and get wet. That's where we're hat every day. Wearing your hat today, you didn't reckon.
Speaker 2: You introduced yourself to me earlier.
Speaker 1: You're wearing your smart watch again. The other day he turned up. He turned up to the office in a smart watch, but Jace has never worn a watch before. It was like and I said, what have you got going on your smart watch? And Clint it.
Speaker 3: Was not charged? Well I was.
Speaker 1: And he was trying to look professional in his new job with.
Speaker 3: His smart watch exercising.
Speaker 1: And it didn't make him any smarter.
Speaker 2: Almost got a SHARPI and just drew the little hands of the clock on there.
Speaker 1: He doesn't charge it because he doesn't want that thing where it says, okay, time to stand up, reached your rings, close your rings.
Speaker 2: So we have a beautiful underground car parking so you can drive straight in. It's just need coals on Clarendon Street in South Melbourne.
Speaker 1: How good is it like your own car park?
Speaker 2: Can you describe what happened day one? Are you entering the number one?
Speaker 1: I'll be the first to put my hand up and say I don't like change very much. As happy as I am to be, I think I'm not great with change, and so having to park in a different car parking facility really really rattled me. So I houned in on the first day.
Speaker 2: Now, because you go fool driving so much, You've got quite a large off road vehicle.
Speaker 1: I bought like a truck because I've got a big dog. But it's so big the dog. I'm gonna have to sell the car because the dog won't jump in because it's too high. It's very tall in my car. So day one in I drive and if you turn off the street and you go down ramp to get into the car path, and I hear this bang. That's unusual.
Speaker 3: Where was that noise coming from.
Speaker 1: From my roof? Clint? Because I hit the thing that says if you hit this, do not enter this car park.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 1: There's a design.
Speaker 2: What's a sign?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know because I've already gone past it, but I assume. I assume that somewhere written on that big yellow bar that hangs down that says if you hit this, do not enter.
Speaker 3: Which is to the Montague Street bridge.
Speaker 2: And what do we do every time we see that in the news, we go sort of idiot would hit that chain and then keep going and hit the bridge.
Speaker 1: But it's too late. They need to put it further back. You need more warning the defense of all the truck drivers have got stuck in the Montague Street bridge. So I hit it and I was like, well, I'm here now, gone through.
Speaker 2: So the idea of you the idea you want to reverse, hang on the idea of getting out of the car. You imagine Lauren doing this clip. Excuse me? Can ever run back up?
Speaker 1: There was someone behind me, and I was like, well, I just live here now. So I drove in and I thought, well, that thing warns you about the lowest point in the car park, and I'm like, what are the chances of the lowest point in the car park being the second you drive in? So I kept driving and I thought, I'll just get a park close to close as soon as I get in. So I put my big truck in one of those small car only spots because they're just they're not about height, they're about with I think. Anyway, I put in there, and then I came upstairs and I was like, Jace, we've got a problem.
Speaker 2: I do use my car to block the exit of the car park so she could just reverse the car.
Speaker 3: This is to get out, yah, beiculous.
Speaker 1: To get out, you've got to go through the whole car park. And I was like, I'm definitely going to hit the low serage pipe then and I'm going to be covered in god knows what. So I had to go out the in hole to get out, so I had to go out the inn. I had to get out the inn isolate.
Speaker 2: That we're going to need that audio grasp.
Speaker 1: To get out the inn entrance. So jas just curious management. Thank you for your support on that. I appreciate it, just out of curiousity.
Speaker 2: If you did hit the sewage pipe.
Speaker 1: I would have got out, torched it and done insurance job, got in the lift and pretended nothing had happened. And that was not my car, and I would have left it there for the rest of eternity.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen. Have you done a Lawren? Have you stupidly crashed or damaged your car?
Speaker 1: I also got stuck in the Arts Center Melbourne car Parkland car.
Speaker 2: You know how the next day though she didn't bring the truck, she bought the Tesla and what.
Speaker 1: Happened n I crashed that too, But I crashed the room she was trying to turn and there was a little concrete pylon that I didn't see.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. It came out of nowhere. Clint thirteen twenty four ten. Have you done a Lawrence?
Speaker 1: It's not been a good week for me.
Speaker 2: How to stuff the car? Have you done Laura thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the air Lauren Phillips Day one here at Nova drove the giant four wheel drive truck actually likes to go full driving in into the car park, hit the roof off road top.
Speaker 1: That's unlucky for the first day, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh Those thirteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Fourteen to me if I got if I was in real strife, someone in this building said they'd come down and let my tires down to help me get out.
Speaker 2: No, I think no, No, I think it was more of a like.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm no angel when it comes to this. I tend to consistently run out of petrol so much so I used to carry a Jerry can in the boot of my Cape, a full jerry can, full jerry can.
Speaker 2: Butit a while back.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're steering, wheel locks, which is a common occurrence. No, yeah, yeah, h it just locks. But you just have to really give it to unlock it when you're driving. No, no, no, when your parents usually I couldn't really, so I called the rac for it.
Speaker 2: Just move it a little bit, you move to the left, unlocks it.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Did they put up the lights.
Speaker 1: That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: And they put up the lights, that's a shame.
Speaker 1: Remember when I was sponsored by Mazda and I took my masdain, I called them and I said, there's something wrong with this car. The steering wheel is so hot constantly, and they said that's problem. So I bought it in for servicing and they told me I had the steering wheel heater on. I didn't even know I had a steering wheel eater. We've been driving around all summer with it.
Speaker 2: Vicky, I'm thirteen twenty four to ten. Good morning, welcome to the show. Have you done a Lauren Good morning?
Speaker 12: I've done too, Laurens cracv Actual couldn't start my car because it turned out that it wasn't in park it was revert YEP and another one. I was traveling working as a nanny backpacker over in England thirty years ago.
Speaker 6: I was given a Perjo nanny car and took it out stopping the girlfriend on the Saturday shopping center. Reversed into a concrete pylon and banged.
Speaker 12: Up the one of the panels, and my boss said, you're not insured. You've got to pay for this. Yourself.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a bad At the time thirty.
Speaker 12: Years ago, I made one hundred pounds a week and I was charged one thousand pounds for the dammy Well, so yeah, that was I made a joke with your producer that I didn't get to go to Ibiza that summer.
Speaker 1: From you European nannying, and you ended up volunteering for ten weeks. That stings.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen. Have you done a Laurence?
Speaker 11: Have you done Laura?
Speaker 2: Day one here on our new show and in the new building here at Nova, Lauren hit the roof of the car park.
Speaker 1: With the car parks too low.
Speaker 2: That's what she said, Clint. She walked in, we'll get out back, but we're going to need to lift the building.
Speaker 1: Who designed that being so low? And also who put that thing that you hit so far into the ramps that it's too late to show?
Speaker 2: She said, that's poor John, the office manager, and then walked out. And I'm like, told you she didn't have an ego alright, thirteen twenty four to ten. Have you done a Lauren? How just stuff up the car? Feel for a dub in apartner.
Speaker 1: Daniel from Warburton, Good morning, what's happened morning?
Speaker 2: Guys are welcome back? Thank you.
Speaker 5: I had to blow the dust off the nervoustation, but I found it.
Speaker 2: And were welcome.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you here, Daniel.
Speaker 10: I've got to try effect that. I'm throwing the mother in law under the bus?
Speaker 1: Are the mother in law? What she done under?
Speaker 3: She goes, come on, where did she start? All right? So they leave me up in a Linda and she started off with riding a driving over the ride in law.
Speaker 2: Noer in her benefit, it can be foggy in morning.
Speaker 7: And we've got deer running out there, so she may have been slides backed and not looking.
Speaker 1: And she drove her car into the right or.
Speaker 10: Noah, no, no, not in over it right.
Speaker 3: Like a jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it could have been foggy. What was then? Next thing?
Speaker 10: She has flipped the camper trailer while on a around the Australia trip.
Speaker 1: How on earth did she do that?
Speaker 2: She's good, don't.
Speaker 12: Mercy to do any of it, but she has.
Speaker 11: And the final one.
Speaker 10: Was the Doncaster shopping center. She the father in law has a nice full drive with a roof rack camper trailer.
Speaker 5: She forgot she forgot it was.
Speaker 10: On there She's gone under the on the ground car park and all of a sudden she sees water, thinking why is it raining in the underground car park? She has cleaned out the whole fire.
Speaker 2: Imagine the anxiety of her when she feels that when you fill out insurance quote forms and they have to go any pre existing claims. No, you can't say no what you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah you do. I've never done anything wrong in my car before, in my love, What are you talking about? No?
Speaker 3: I think they could check.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the air.
Speaker 1: We're asking it's a different insurance company, how it works. Okay, all right, let's go to Jan in West Foots.
Speaker 12: Greg, good morning, Good morning, welcome to Nova guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: Good to be here.
Speaker 10: So I was driving my dad's car about a year ago.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, and I questioned it in the drive some of.
Speaker 2: Them where they're here.
Speaker 1: We go to drive through Connoisseur, which one j Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know when they do the duel lane.
Speaker 3: For ordering speak confusing.
Speaker 2: But then you try and like get in front of the other car because you want to get to the meal first.
Speaker 1: You Jason, do you know what I know?
Speaker 3: Exactly? What you say you finished in South Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yes, like that, and there's one near elston Wick and you look at the person next to you and you're like almost finishing.
Speaker 1: The only time you do that is when you're at the traffic lights entering the freeway and you're on the on ramp and it goes one car at a time in each lane and then you we don't hear you dive very carefully, of course, but then you take off for it.
Speaker 2: Alright, Die in park morning Die you done a lauren Cura.
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 7: Is kiwi Die here from patul Hey, look before us start, I would like to congratulate you on bucking the great bossie tradition and instead of throwing a sticky before a public holiday on the friday starting the new working Well done, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you because got accident.
Speaker 1: Got we could have taken a sicky today and had a four day weekend, but we've just had a four month weekend.
Speaker 2: We're committed, Die, We're committed, all right with the car you go, you hey, I had my mountain bike on the roof.
Speaker 7: You can just see where this is going part you. I had my mountain bike on the roof. I had the picnic basket in the back of the car because I was putting on a post bride feet. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I had the Kai and.
Speaker 7: The picnic basket at the back and I drove Drake.
Speaker 5: With the bike on the roof.
Speaker 7: I drove straight into the signage of the supermarket.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, I completely.
Speaker 5: Mumted my front wheel.
Speaker 7: Zealand rather I.
Speaker 8: Completely munted it. It was buckled.
Speaker 7: The bike was lady silence, but it got worse. I wrote the cars behind me and I had.
Speaker 5: To get out and do the reverse of shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't do Yeah, Lauren won't. When she hit the roof, she was like, I'll talk to this car before I have to get Papa.
Speaker 1: She munted her front whip and it.
Speaker 2: Was bucking right. Check.
Speaker 3: Good morning Melbourne. Clint's down away with you. An application will be made today to lift that suppression order allowing for the public identification of the accused murderer of Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy. Christina Hearn from the Today Show has the latest from Ballarat. Good morning, Christine, Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: This is just being the most horrific story to follow. Christine, what's the latest update on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lauren, it's just so sad because I think obviously the family and some in ballaratte We're still holding out hope that Samantha Murphy might be alive. But yesterday we got confirmation that a man, a twenty two year old man, has been arrested and now charged with her murder. Now, all I can tell you about this twenty two year old is that he is the son of a former AFL player, But I can't tell you his name because that's been suppressed. The media will be contesting that in court in Vallorat a little later this morning.
Speaker 2: Teo. I was on some community Facebook pages last night and there was a lot of anger about the name suppression. You know, people just saying they don't deserve the right to privacy.
Speaker 5: And of course in Victoria we've been called the suppression capital because when you compare us to another state like New South Wales, we have so many suppression orders and you know, this is just another case, a very high profile one, but something that does happen in Victoria a lot.
Speaker 1: Chris, Can I ask was this man known to the family? Do we know that? Because so often in these cases you hear that it's someone that's known to victim or the family.
Speaker 5: Lauren, I can tell you that he was not known to Samantha. He was not known to the family. Police are alleging that he deliberately killed her when she went through a jog on the fourth of February, and that she was killed in the Mount Clear area on the day that she vanished. The police commissioner was at pains to point out yesterday that the family had no involvement in her disappearance whatsoever. This twenty two year old man that's in custody, however, I can tell you it is understood he was on the radar of police some time before he was taking his custody on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: And you do feel for the family in this case, given the rumor mill and the speculation intrigue that has been so ripe for so long.
Speaker 2: Also, the police came out only a week or so ago and said everyone that knows her is good question, yeah, a person of interest, which, yeah, you're right, just have some massive cloud over everyone.
Speaker 1: Such a terrible story.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks very much for your time this morning. Christine.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks guys, great to have you back. Wish I was speaking to you under better circumstances. But good to hear you on the radio again.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christine, Ricky Lee on the air.
Speaker 2: Right across Melbourne. It is a Jas and Lauren Clint in the news room. We're on the air for what if It is Ozzie for travel and International Women's Day and she's taken out the number one album on iTunes officially this morning.
Speaker 9: Welcome, This is so exciting.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. We're very excited to be here. And we will get to that shortly because we're going to need some tips and some advice on how to survive this company and not get the boot as quickly as we did last time.
Speaker 4: Well I did see. I got a photo from Joel yesterday. You guys have booted me from prime position. When you walk out of the lifts, when you walk out of the list at and over Melbourne, there was just a giant, let's say, a mural of my buzzies.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, you're in the black dress with.
Speaker 4: Not at all so so people would always every time they came into no, but they would they would stand next to my boobs. Yes, take photos yours?
Speaker 2: How's this right? They've put up new photos and I kid you not were walking out yesterday and you executive producer, the thumb and I and we're walking out and there was a trade there and the thumb goes, oh, look, your new photos are up. And the trade looked at the photos and looks at me and goes, that's not you.
Speaker 1: Did they do a good airbrush.
Speaker 4: On the right airbrushing, improved Paris filter all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't mind a bit of a filter in here now.
Speaker 2: Hey taught me through this morning to wake up hit iTunes? Were you just over the moon?
Speaker 9: Well, so I really really should have gone to bed last night.
Speaker 4: And I tried really hard. I was doing all the things. I had some red wine. I was trying to wind down. I turned the lights down, I was treating myself. My husband was treating me like a baby, and then put the white noise on wine down wine Down hour. But I just couldn't sleep. I was too excited. I waited to watch it all turn over at midnight, and then I was like, okay, cool, it's all out.
Speaker 9: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: People are writing to me and I was running that well. I somehow managed to because the wine down worked and the for the wine down, but then I woke up to go to the bathroom at like three am.
Speaker 1: Just a quick check on the iPhone.
Speaker 4: And I shouldn't have done it. And I looked at my phone and then I saw that the album was number one, and then how am I supposed to go to sleep after that?
Speaker 9: I haven't. So I've had like an hour and a half sleep and that's it.
Speaker 4: And I don't care, because this is the best day my whole life.
Speaker 2: How exciting It's been ten years since you dropped an albrue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the last album my release was in twenty fourteen. But I've been trying to Like I moved to the US in twenty fifteen and I worked on an album over there for two years, and then the record label just was not.
Speaker 2: We're waiting tables. At the same time, I.
Speaker 4: Was in the studio every single day, and I was coming back to Australia and doing gigs and then I'd go back to the US and it was it was quite a.
Speaker 2: While as well, Right busy Now they do two hours in the afternoon.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm actually there before anyone else.
Speaker 4: I'm there in the mornings because I've got to have you know, this face takes a long time to make look good. So I'm there for like three hours before with hair and makeup. Then we do dress rehearsals, and then we do a full run and then we go through the scripts and then we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lauren, don't that's mean.
Speaker 1: It's my first I didn't know how long it would take on the new route to the new job, but I got here before six, and that's all that matters. Chase, you were there, You were there, I'm hearing the show.
Speaker 9: It's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Regulate the new song. I mean, I was Made for Loving You. It is such a banger. We've all been dancing along in the studio this morning. How does something like this come about when you're doing it such a well known song that you're making your own.
Speaker 4: Well, I actually didn't intend to use the kiss song. It just kind of happened organically in the Yeah, that's a bad word.
Speaker 1: That's bad, right?
Speaker 9: How do I say that?
Speaker 4: How do I use the band name without saying the word. Okay, we'll just say I was made for loving you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: We all get it. So we went in and I was.
Speaker 4: Actually having a pretty bad day and I was feeling not so great, and all I wanted was to write a song that was going to lift me up, and I wanted to write just this fun, anthemic, euphoric, feel good song, just the complete opposite of what I was feeling on the day. And we started playing around with some chords. We wrote the verse, we wrote the pre chorus, and we were like, oh, this is fun. And then we jumped up into the chorus and someone started singing.
Speaker 9: Words made for Loving You Baby over the chords.
Speaker 4: And generally, when that happens, it's a big red flag. You like run as far away from that as possible because that is a like that's.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a lawsuit right there, so you jump off it.
Speaker 4: But in that particular moment, we just kind of went, oh, this works, and it feels good and it feels right, and it's one of the most iconic songs of all time, and they're probably going to take all the publishing, which they did, and that's okay because it's amazing and it works and it fits, and so we went with it.
Speaker 1: We got clearance, so you have to get banned to get from the bumps.
Speaker 4: We got the permission from the band and and and it's just a wonderful song.
Speaker 9: And it's everything we wanted it to do. They are taking all the publishings are great.
Speaker 2: Well they need the money.
Speaker 9: I'm like, lass, if you guys need it, come.
Speaker 2: On number one album in the country, which is Congratulations, quickly before we let you go. What do we need to know about the new place, the new Nova digs? Anything I need to be warned?
Speaker 3: Off?
Speaker 2: I've heard about the mouse plague.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, there's there's a plague in that Melbourne office.
Speaker 9: There is that.
Speaker 4: They're just they're running rampant around there. But I think they are rodent. But when I do, everyone will know about it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: Just pump on a tree. You're a lad to hang things on the walls there. Joel has told me.
Speaker 2: No drinking in the studios off.
Speaker 9: No drinking this well, you wouldn't be drinking in the studios, you know.
Speaker 2: And no dogs.
Speaker 1: Definitely not dogs. That's really got meach dog. He's so low to the ground that people just think it's part of the play.
Speaker 9: The Joel's got a got a chow chout girlfriend.
Speaker 4: And maybe I wonder if maybe that's the reason there's no dogs allowed, because all the time maybe named girlfriend, yes, girlfriend, boyfriend creasy Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 2: A good number one album the country Queen of Nova Ricky Joe.
Speaker 4: Good to see it too, and so good to have you on the Nova family.
Speaker 1: But Fred again, what about that?
Speaker 3: Fred again?
Speaker 1: It's a bit hecticate o'clock in the morning, isn't it. But the other night when I was at Rod Laver Arena, it was not hectic at all.
Speaker 3: I was a crowd. What was the crowd?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And did you fit in what we wearing?
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, I text he. I text my best friend Jemma, and I said, what does a middle aged woman wear? To Fred again? Please? And she said, I'm having the same dilemma. Dilemma. I was dressed like head to toe, little black miniskirt, black T shirt, little black kind of bomber jack, very very different. My friend Jemma turned up like she was having a midlife crisis, to be honest. She was in like a sparkly thing with like a T shirt dress and she was like going back to her d's in the club. Anyway, we're so cool that we went with the crowd. We're in a corporate box drinking Chrdney corporate. Well, the kids were down the front having the time, of their lives because it was just it was just it was like a giant nightclub. It was actually so fun. Did you feel I feel old when I get out of bed in the morning, So yeah, I felt old Fred again?
Speaker 3: So tell us about Fred again.
Speaker 1: Give us a bit of Fred again. He's very clever. He's actually got a great voice. He DJ's he plays a piano in DM. What's that electronic dance music revs?
Speaker 2: The other morning when he came up there nine o'clock and you're.
Speaker 1: Active with I haven't been to revs for about ten years, but he had that song during lockdown.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Huge with last dancing Fast dancing, isn't that what it's called? We've Lost Dancing? And it was about how we were all locked down and we couldn't go out. And that's when he sort of became famous. Am I right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So that's kind of when he rose to popularity and kind of pretty covid.
Speaker 1: But he's had a rule glow up in the last twelve months.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I am. I was going to say, why are you teasing him for being old? Much younger than.
Speaker 3: Stay for the entire shot or did you go home early to beat the traffick?
Speaker 1: How funny you say that, because I did. I did book a car on stand by in case I wanted to leave early, but I stayed till the end and then regretted it as I was like trying to get out of there with all the kids. It was so fun I felt young again. Let a girl live. What were you doing on Wednesday night?
Speaker 2: Jays watching goggle Box? Living my best life in.
Speaker 1: A recliner and I loved it? Did you have your your weighted blanket on you and you're putting the massage sparking?
Speaker 2: You've got yep mobile phone charging in the USB slot in the arm resty.
Speaker 1: We can't all be young and cool like me? All right, give me a break.
Speaker 2: What happened last night? Clin with your not talking?
Speaker 3: Mighty D's not talking.
Speaker 2: No, it seems to run amongst the team. I went to bed on the third quarter.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you even contemplated watching football last night?
Speaker 2: Are you proud of me?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying it because it was a football I'm saying because I was trying to go to sleep at like seven thirty last night, in preparations.
Speaker 2: To make the first day of school.
Speaker 1: I know, I reckon. I clocked about two hours sleep last night, but.
Speaker 2: First quarter I was like, oh god, guys, what happened?
Speaker 3: I just said, Alas, oh no, what have you done?
Speaker 10: Oh no.
Speaker 3: I was at the s c G in a lovely function and the plate of sausage rolls came around and they were sort of gourmet type sausage roll Next to me was Julie Goodwin from Sausage roll and I said, how do you rate the sausage rolls?
Speaker 2: Great? Chat tent?
Speaker 1: Oh no, what did she say? Jesus, what did she say to you?
Speaker 13: She ran?
Speaker 3: She ran a mile?
Speaker 2: What an idiot ask her to sign your cookbook?
Speaker 1: How do you rate the sausage rolls?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Julie had to deal with that.
Speaker 1: Clint Clinty Clint back. It's exciting that foot is back, but not in Melbourne this weekend.
Speaker 3: Zero Well, because the NRL went to Vegas, they shifted the matches to Sydney and Brizzy right.
Speaker 1: I don't don't understand why they did that.
Speaker 2: Rugby my eyes. Will we go back to back premierships?
Speaker 9: You tell me?
Speaker 1: Jas when was the last time as Collingwood's number one fan that Collingwood went back to back.
Speaker 2: Many many years ago, Lauren. But today is not about Collingwood's stats. It's a first show. Hey coming up next.
Speaker 1: So nice to be back together, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It really is? And thank you so much to everyone who's come over to NOV as well. The calls that are coming through this morning have not stopped.
Speaker 1: I know it's been so nice. Let's go to Kim in Forest Hill. Morning Kim, Good morning, Lauren.
Speaker 5: So glad to have you back. Nice to be employee, mean first day back.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing for the last few months?
Speaker 5: I've had to listen to CDs, so I've been rotating my.
Speaker 2: CDs in your disclaim half our producing team just looked at me and went, did you.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't have one of those CD player in the car or at home in the car, in the car the six stacker in the boot.
Speaker 2: You've got the six stack and the roop.
Speaker 10: Time I had one of those.
Speaker 5: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for listening, Kim. It's nice to be back.
Speaker 2: Clin would have been one of those people cruising around with I bet you took the face of your stereo off and put it in like a little a sunglasses case and take it with you every time your park.
Speaker 1: So did you stolen?
Speaker 3: Put the club on as well?
Speaker 2: The club block the giant piece of alfold?
Speaker 1: Did you did you have the alpha?
Speaker 2: An hour and a half to park.
Speaker 3: Was shaped like sunglasses?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the air, Tina and Abbotsford, Good morning morning.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: What's happening with you?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I'm so glad that you guys back. I've seriously was gutted when you guys were told that news.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I cried with all of you and love when you started to speak about, you know, thanking everyone, and I went, oh my god, I lost it and yeah, you guys are amazing. So anyway, I ended up removed kiss from my car, my phone, all of my prefet I'm done on out.
Speaker 1: You've had a hard break.
Speaker 2: That's a hard breakup.
Speaker 1: We've gone through the breakup.
Speaker 2: Hey day one of our brand new show here at Nova. During that song, Clint Lauren is learning all the new buttons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the first time I've had a little panel with my own buttons. I just there's one that says P P A A L l and I was like, Paul, turns out it's all and I've just done a shout out to the whole entire office.
Speaker 2: But are you there? What do you do?
Speaker 1: I shouldn't be trusted with the buttons anyway, good to be.
Speaker 2: So before we started, we've had a couple of months off. We thought we should you guys, anyway, you don't sleep, logic to sleep. Let's let's have a little getaway before we get into this new job, because we know we're going to be fully committed.
Speaker 1: That's it. We both took a week just to kind of unwind and relax before you got into it. Jas went to Fiji. If you're listening earlier, you would have packed up the hot family, took kids out of school, went to Fiji for a week, got there, decided it was too hot, made them repack, rebooked their flights, and came home the pamphlet It's very hot Hot. I went on a girl's trip, went to La. I got a points flight last minute to La.
Speaker 2: Have you a midlife crissis in the break? You went to fred again and then you did a girl's trip to Well.
Speaker 1: I know there is something good for the soul about going on a girl's trip though.
Speaker 3: How many? How many gals?
Speaker 1: Four girls? So we went on a girl's trip. We had we'd had a few very late nights, like what do girls do? We went for lunch, went shopping, went for big dinners, went to bars, pretended we're far cooler than we were.
Speaker 2: You said you saw someone famous. Who was it?
Speaker 1: Guess?
Speaker 3: Lorgan Freeman Cooler Morgan Freeman road guests, Travis Kelce.
Speaker 1: Leonardo DiCaprio. My next guess where at the bar at the Sunset Tower.
Speaker 3: You're far too old for him, I know, right by like thirty.
Speaker 2: You get a photo? No it's not.
Speaker 1: But you know what with me? Do you know how many times I just happened to walk past?
Speaker 2: So what was he? Was?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 2: Like, I need all the details.
Speaker 1: It kind of short, had baseball cap.
Speaker 2: On, standing, sitting, eating drinks.
Speaker 1: Tappers unsurprising to anyone. I was actually this hot chick was walking towards me, and I was like, she's a very la hotty Hotti is a noddy And I was looking at her and as she walked past, I was like, wonder, what dude she's with? Bingo Leonardo DiCaprio based how old did she look like twenty four? Isn't that what he goes for? Twenty four?
Speaker 2: And was he eating? Drinking?
Speaker 1: He was walking past?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: He was, well, he was eating and then he was walking past. This is a terrible story. Was just walking past to go to the bathroom and then walk back again.
Speaker 2: You're right, it is a shocking story.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's cool. When you're in LA you want to see someone cool, right, And that's.
Speaker 2: Like, did you tell him we're doing the Titanic exhibition in Melbourne at the moment?
Speaker 1: Like, Leonardo DiCaprio was the guy that when I was younger. This is so embarrassing. I can't ex believe I'm saying this out loud. I made a Leonardo DiCaprio mobile.
Speaker 3: And so I had like a baby's mom.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a coat hanger that I hung from the roof, and I have pieces of string hanging down with pictures of him that I'd cut into love.
Speaker 2: You should have told him this. I loved it. You know, it's really weird. Leonardo DiCaprio is my wife's celebrity crush. And then whenever all pass, yeah, but then whenever Leonardo DiCaprio comes up in conversation. My wife will also say, I remember when we traveled around the world and we went to Japan, they all recognized my brother and thought he looked like Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's weird, That's what I thought. It's weird for a brother. No, that's not okay.
Speaker 2: And a mobile is just hanging above the beds. She's going to be a warm weekend for this man. He is the king of Moomba. He's rocking the bed and looking the goods. Peter, Hell are you?
Speaker 11: Thank you very much and welcome back, Jason, Laura, And it's good.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 11: It's genuinely great to have you back.
Speaker 13: It was great news when it came through it while back that you were picked up by over and well deserved.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm so excited to be back. Actually, it's it's been a it's been a really nice morning, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: We're just trading war stories off the aair.
Speaker 11: We're both we've both been replaced by COYL and Jackie O.
Speaker 13: I've got to say at middlely when I was replaced by them, because you made a good point.
Speaker 11: It is a business. We do understand that.
Speaker 13: And when I was replaced myself and Judith Lucy up in Sydney replaced by Colin Jackie O, and you've got to go well, they're kicked on.
Speaker 2: Colin Jackie have kicked on.
Speaker 11: But from a business point of view, I took your hat. We went to afternoons. Okay, we'll do an afternoon show.
Speaker 13: And then after about six months we got replaced by two blokes called Hami Shnay.
Speaker 11: I thought okay, I took your hat again. So sometimes they get the business division right.
Speaker 13: But it's great to have you guys on air and Melbourne at Liasa, you are replaced by show.
Speaker 2: That was in the same city.
Speaker 1: You've rolled in with your Crown on. Talk me through the Crown jewels because they look like pomp poms to me, Lauren, real Emeralds.
Speaker 11: They are real Emeralds. This is worth three point four billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Do you design your own peak?
Speaker 11: No, No, Clinton, This is done by Rachel Henry Millinery fantastic. I always give my hats designed there.
Speaker 2: It's just like the oscars where you have a security guard travel with you. You know when they wear expensive jewelry.
Speaker 13: And there are six dudes in taxitos just outside the studio, all in sunglasses and with ear pieces.
Speaker 11: This is each everybody gets their own crowns. This is not just handed down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, it's going to ask about that because she's.
Speaker 2: Still got his.
Speaker 3: He's on display Channel nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not in a glass Channel nine.
Speaker 3: Stop listener.
Speaker 11: We love you.
Speaker 13: Of course, part of the Moonmber legacy and the but I've got this beautiful black and trim. So they try to personalize it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, because there has been many, many famous famis kings before you.
Speaker 11: Morning was a king, Rockie Pharnsie burned a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times, a couple of times, so they do customize them for you.
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, so they gave it the comic wood trim. Is is for me and hopefully it's a good home and the pass go back to back last night?
Speaker 2: Is it our year?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 13: I sat back to back last night last night, wondering why he's been reasoned me quite this morning, but two and two together.
Speaker 3: Still doing a lap of honor after last year, right, it is the whole year, don't you.
Speaker 11: It feels like the celebrations have gone on and that's not our time to get back to work.
Speaker 2: We had we had Mason Cox rock up after Mad Monday, still with the medal on, remember that, and he came in and passed out on the studio floor.
Speaker 1: Do you think that could be you? After member well, thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 11: I mean they've got one of the pasts here that moved the monarchs going.
Speaker 2: There's three days or thirty about the heat? Mate?
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm going to have the I've never gone the umbrella, you know, I'm going to have to.
Speaker 2: I saw tourists wearing these over the Christmas break. It's a fan that you can hang around your neck and it comes up. It's like you twist a code haktroll and holds a fan on.
Speaker 1: One of those is coming from Jas who went packed his kids up out of school time during school time, sorry, took them to Fiji, took a week off before we started, took them to Fiji for a Holidayji there decided it was too hot for him, so he packed the kids back up and came back from his holiday. Was it sat in his house instead?
Speaker 2: It was ninety five percent humidity. I couldn't get the air con lower than twenty six. It just couldn't keep up.
Speaker 1: Then don't you just go to the pool bar. Isn't that what a normal?
Speaker 2: But it felt like a bath. And you know what happened. I put my head under the water near the pool bar, and because someone pissed in the water. I've had near indal week. That happens.
Speaker 11: That happens as what pool bars are. Basically, you're going to go, oh this, how good is this? You can drink them, you can drink. We have to get out and you realize, oh yeah we're drinking and nobody's getting out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a piss pond.
Speaker 13: Really is a point to parade? When can people see you on Monday? So Monday is the big parade. Get down there and it's a great celebration. It's Australia's biggest free community festival. I was down there yesterday by the river and all the food trucks are there, the rides are there, there's concerts.
Speaker 11: We've got the Birdman Rally on Sunday. Emma Mamma is taking part. I was in the Hora last night clearing out the o bikes and the trolleys.
Speaker 2: I did Birdman.
Speaker 3: All my fingers and toes have stayed on you after being in that horrible water.
Speaker 2: How can you go in the yarrat and be fine, and I go to Fiji for four days and a full brain ear infection from the piston. Honestly, hey, Pete, congratulations on taking out the crown. Thanks and thanks for coming in.
Speaker 13: Mate, mate, great to have you guys back and the first but I love you're saying on a Friday and get the public hol out by the way, Oh.
Speaker 2: What's that? It's Easter Holidays on the horizon. That is our queene there.
Speaker 3: She will be back.
Speaker 1: She's already been in Melbourne's and she's coming backed off on her tour and she's well, as we know, pink holds the record. And what she got a column, She's got a pink column because she had thirteen shows.
Speaker 2: We're not going there.
Speaker 1: We're not going there again, eighteen eighteen.
Speaker 3: Shows because door eighteen at rod Laver Arena is also painted pink.
Speaker 2: No ye, they were happy with it.
Speaker 1: And in Adelaide they painted their women's toilets pink. That's so, that's just so embarrassing. Give her a statue, not a dummy. Come on, that's perfect. We're not doing this again. I'm sure I've got better things today.
Speaker 2: Hey, wrapping up our first show. Someone who has been listening since six am this morning in his tuxedo making notes. Everyone in radio knows the termin air check, and god they're fun. But as an air check is where the boss sits you down and tells you what they hated about the show. Bobby Phillips has been doing that. Your dad, who Bobby? Welcome the Nova.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, that's fantastic. Good morning, Jase, Lauren and Clint. It's done. It's great to be It's great to have your back. I've done my homework. It's an over one. There's no dot three?
Speaker 2: Is that correct? Yes, it's just over one hundred dots three.
Speaker 1: I thought his radio was broken because he said he gets a better signal on one hundred point three.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 10: And when I ring into the competitions that I'm not allowed to, I've got a ring thirteen twenty four to ten with that be right?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how does your dad know the number? But you don't.
Speaker 10: I did that for Laurence fennifit and I want to talk about Laurence driving history.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this morning Jase threw me under the bas by telling the whole world that on my first day I drove my full drive into the car park here at our new office at Nova and I hate the roof and got stuck. Great.
Speaker 10: What's the new car that your mother and I bought your eighteenth birthday?
Speaker 2: Must be nice? God? All I got was it? Was it, Bobby hang on, All I got was a wooden key with everyone's signature. You've got a bloody new car.
Speaker 10: Black Corolla, and I'll give Lawrence driving history. She has the car for two weeks in the car with history.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it was what to do? I turned into oncoming traffic to tell the truth, But I blamed I blamed the person that hit me for saying they were looking at their phone.
Speaker 10: They were Laurence, our mate Trevor from Varne's Pail Works. He's kind to prepare both of your cars and he's going to give you anece Goooder for the time being much six months to repair them. So we're just wondering how you're going to go on and be okay.
Speaker 3: It's good gear from you on public transports.
Speaker 2: Good gear.
Speaker 9: Get me?
Speaker 1: What are they called, Mikey?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What are they so relatable? Bobby? Any other note you've got on the show.
Speaker 10: I got a few things, but I just want to say that it's wonderful to have your listeners following you from one station to the other. I think they've been genuine. I loved listening to them. It's been marvelous. I'm really happy you had Ricky Leon. I'm not unhappy with her. Being honest, you're not hard to look at, so that's grue.
Speaker 4: Dad.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you could say that.
Speaker 1: Boy, I told you we shouldn't have done this line got cancel.
Speaker 10: First show, Women to day, So I'm being nice to all the lovely women, including you.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Bobby, Good on your Bobby, Johnny back and.
Speaker 10: I want to congratulate set very brave turning up Melbourne's performance.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, what happened in the fourth quarter? Bobby, will you watching absolutely?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 10: I was watching and I was thinking about Clean. Actually I thought he's got to front up tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Now you're thinking of you, multi Bobby.
Speaker 10: Good luck for everybody. We're not not going to worry about the path. You know the old thaying if you look back, you're going to get a stiff neckt So you're going to look forward from now on.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, well said Bobby.
Speaker 1: He's coming back again, so he is he's and retirement.
Speaker 2: We love him. Dad, Bobby, don't I know what you're going to do. You're going to ring?
Speaker 1: He's going no, yeah he is.
Speaker 2: You'll ring and rip him and you want don't do that?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, he won't answer. He's too smart.
Speaker 12: Do it?
Speaker 2: Well done? You too?
Speaker 3: That is it?
Speaker 1: Over?
Speaker 3: What time? Is it?
Speaker 2: Any idea? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I don't know where anything is in here? So I finally found the clock. It's nine past nine.
Speaker 2: We're early.
Speaker 1: Hey, one minutes late?
Speaker 2: Men is in next guys. We're exhausted. We're going to take a three day weekend.
Speaker 1: But thank you to everybody who listened this morning. All jokes aside. We are seriously humbled by how nice everyone's been, how kind everyone's been. And that's in the nov business, but in the winder community. Thank you so much. Good week by next week.
Speaker 4: Lauren Lauren wake out feeling good following them on Socials No.
Speaker 9: One hundred