Speaker 1: Lucky. You're so lucky, lucky lucky you quacky little ducky wink It's man and Monty.
Speaker 2: I love, I say, quaky little ducky link wink.
Speaker 1: Failed Hello everyone, thanks for listening in Lucky Dip today, little bite sized nugget for you, just to get you through your day.
Speaker 2: My god, you know, when you have those laughs, you're laughing so hard, you look ugly and you're crying. When I get into those, When I get into those laughing fits, I actually can't speak.
Speaker 1: It's so they are so great. I can't remember the last time I had a really hectic Oh no, I did the other night at the party when I was stoned.
Speaker 2: Well preparing for today's Lucky Dip. Yes, my laughter, Oh my god. And my husband's too, which was so nice.
Speaker 1: Isn't it great when you're in a laugh with somebody else, that's when it's the most magical.
Speaker 2: Yes. And it's also when it's the same humor, because it often, you know, might not hit the target anyway. So I'd put on my Instagram a little while ago, I put a post we went bowling with the kids, and we'd put our names up and we had put Luca's nickname, which Mark had just started calling him Tommy T h O M Y like the mayonnaise because he loves mayonnaise. No, because every story he tells he exaggerates, and Mark's like he always puts the extra.
Speaker 1: That is hilarious. It's very empty, Tommy, very right. I love how people get nicknames.
Speaker 2: Same and I never had a nickname other than never had one, right, did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Monty's a nickname, but like no, Yeah, they got called Chop at school by the man. My forehead so big and my cheeks are chubby, and there was a dog called Chops that had like jowls and stuff.
Speaker 2: Ah. Okay, well fuck that's unfortunate, and some of these are unfortunate. But anyway, I started thinking about nicknames, went down the Reddit rabbit hole. Of course, yes, fuck some of these are gold though. A listener named Crystal actually messaged and she wrote, they call a manager at her work GST because he puts ten percent on all his stories, and that they call her older brother Blister because he shows up when all the work's done. I like that.
Speaker 1: That's good, right whatever.
Speaker 2: Fuck the ones on Reddit were so funny. Okay, this person wrote someone in my school had the nickname rock Rocky Balbona because he lost his virginity up against a large rock at the local nature reserve. Worked with the technician called Sexy Fingers because any women he touched got fucked. Oh my god, okay, so good. A fella at work gets called man bat because his name is Wayne Bruce man Bat, not Batman man bad because his name is Wayne Bruce.
Speaker 1: Wayne. Oh my god, it was so good. It's so clever.
Speaker 2: There was a boy in my school whose surname was Stretch. His nickname was Brendan. For a second, I was like, what Brendan stretch.
Speaker 1: Instead of so hold on his nickname was Stretch or Brendan was his name.
Speaker 2: No, his surname was Stretch, so they nicknamed him Brendan like Brendan's stretch. And you know what, speaking of how randomly like a nickname can start, someone wrote, this kid he went to school with turned up at a football match in a brown T shirt. That's all he did, and from then on everyone called him Brownie. And they still call him that just because he wore a brown T shirt to school. Okay. I used to work with a girl named Dawn. Her nickname was crack of. One of my friends is called Partridge because he loves pears. This one's mean, but fuck, it's funny. Growing up on you a fella called Dermot with an unfortunate case of acne. Everyone called him Dermatology. Oh what, that's so mean, but it's funny. One of my friends from Muni has a little brother who is famous for disappearing when it's his turn to buy around in the pub. He's called Crime because crime doesn't pay.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 2: I told my kids this next one, and they're like, yeah, we've heard this, and I'm like, okay, whatever. A guy named Keith lost his eye to ocular cancer. He's now known as Keith.
Speaker 1: Oh they took the eye out of Keith.
Speaker 2: O shit. I used to call the oldest guy at work. His name was John Clark, Jurassic Clark.
Speaker 1: I just love how much you're all loving these It's so good.
Speaker 2: A mate called Neil was known for being dodgy, earned himself the nickname criminal. I knew a guy called Matt Kinge. We called him Cat Mhinch. And another one with a guy called Rob Nash and they called him brash. Oh god, there's only two more. Guy at my wife's work. They nicknamed him hip Hip because his name was Hugh Ray. And this one is my favorite. A guy I know is known as Harry. His name isn't Harry. It's because he used to work in a team with two other blokes called Tom and Dick. A fuck. I thought that was funny. I am the worst laugh for podcasting or whatever, because I'm a silent laugher.
Speaker 1: Oh so good laughing. They are very funny. I love that you went in a rabbit hole of people's nicknames. I just love how they get them though. It's so because his name was Hugh Ray.
Speaker 2: It's pretty smart.
Speaker 1: I'm so impressed with people, like all I have a nickname, somebody is pig or I call you smell you know, yes, like it's just not it's not clever.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean like it's it's obvious. I mean the hua is fuck. That was funny.
Speaker 1: Love it. Hey, let us know if you've got any friends nicknames or if you've got a nickname and how you got it. Show and Tell Online is our Instagram. Make sure your message us there thank you for listening. If you can give us a rating, or you can share this pod with a friend, that would be epic and we'll be chatting to you soon
Speaker 2: Love you,