Speaker 1: Where everyone's mal and Monty, we hope you were so great today.
Speaker 2: Wow that was beautiful.
Speaker 1: So sorry, I'm so sorry that was so awful. You know what I was singing in my head though there's no business business.
Speaker 2: Because I literally am just like we've been doing this?
Speaker 1: Is this? How we're coming up to five hundred episodes? Yes, so a long time. I still do this thing from either my kitchen table my bedroom. That wasn't working in my bedroom the internet wouldn't make it there. So now I've moved into my son's room, and I'm just like, fuck, am I going to get an actual studio? Do I have to fuck to actually have a setup? I don't have to put up and down all the time.
Speaker 3: A builder builder, that's all right, blow me, sweetheart, and I'll put in a little extension to back of your house and business.
Speaker 1: If he was like, I will build you your own little studio, and out there there's a bed, there's a bathroom, there's your own little sanctuary. You've just got to give me one blowy, I go just close my eyes and do it.
Speaker 3: God, you'd have to be desperate to do all that for one.
Speaker 2: Oh how funny.
Speaker 1: Anyway, how are you going not too good today.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, usually before we get on we have a bit of a chat whatever. We didn't have time for that today. So I'm just gonna tell you what just happened to me. I just had an appointment with my psychiatrist, which I realized how unhinged that makes me sound. But anyway, no shame. You know, we're talking about this stuff. And then he says to me, oh, how's the anxiety going? And I said, you know, it's always there. I think it's just how I am, you know. And he goes, you know what you need to do. You need to just not worry about it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: And I said what? And he goes, just say, I don't care care less.
Speaker 2: Hold on, how much did you pay for that appointment?
Speaker 3: Look, I don't even know because at the end it always ends up that I just pay it. I don't even look because I know how irritated it'll make me. Yes, I'm like, you can't even how can you even say that? I get angry at my husband when he says to me, don't worry about it, because he doesn't get it. You're a fucking professional. It's like the time I went and saw him and he's meant to be an ADHD specialist, right, you know what. His big suggestion to me was, what why don't you write a to do list? And I was like, that's right, thank you, thank you. I haven't done that. I don't have eight notepads on the go at the moment in every room of the house full of to do lists.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should get a different one. I think you should get it.
Speaker 1: But mind you, it takes so long to get into any of them. My psychiatrist sent out an email the other day, this price increases, and I is like, I was seeing him so regularly for a while there. I couldn't even look at what it costs because it was so much money. And if you go through the public system, you just got to wait for so long, and when you're in crisis mode, you need one stat Anyway, his most recent one for a first time appointment is nine hundred dollars, nine hundred dollars for a half an hour session. And now that he's down from there, but doesn't go down a huge amount.
Speaker 3: That's just someone being criminal, just taking advantage greed.
Speaker 1: I thought, I was like, that is so fucked, Like you literally have basically a checklist of thinking thinking, think, there you go, there's your antidepressants, and you're going to charge somebody who is to go to you in the first place. They're in such a bad state that you obviously do you know what I mean? Or you're investigating something and then it's like you're gott to charge that much. I would not feel right doing that.
Speaker 3: Neither would I, because you think you'd get bad karma from that. And also I feel like psychiatrists, as opposed to psychologists, their bedside manner is not great. I always feel incredibly like rushed and like I'm annoying. Yes, okay, just give me my fucking script mate.
Speaker 1: I feel like that with any specialist, Like I saw a neurologist the other day and I'm like, your bedside natal is so fucked up, and you always feel rushed and if like I was even like had notes in my phone. I was quickly scrambling to get my phone because I was like, oh, I'm wasting your time, mind.
Speaker 2: You, I'm spending a bucket load to see you.
Speaker 3: I know, just hey, just relax now, careless And at that time I was saying to him about how I feel guilty. I'm not sort of present enough for my kids and stuff. And I'm like, that's something I wouldn't say care less about if it's oh, I'm worried about what people think of me. Okay, I'll get it, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, worrying about your kids, your connection with them?
Speaker 3: Dickheads? What of dick? I know?
Speaker 2: Hey, how's this moving? Right along?
Speaker 1: I saw this morning or yesterday? It came out Actually that Riley Keo Is that how you say her last name? Ye? Who is Lisa Marie Presley's daughter? Rights has put a book together because her mum had a heap of recordings. So yeah, Lisa Marie died in January last year. Right anyway, hours and hours of tape, which is quite odd, any, isn't it? Like who was she talking to on these tapes?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But Riley has turned it into a memoir called From Here to the Great Unknown, and it came out yesterday and so there's excerpts.
Speaker 2: Is that how you say?
Speaker 1: Excepts like going around at the moment? And I just found it fascinating because she writes about Michael Jackson and in it she says how he was a virgin when they first got together, like apparently Madonna tried to bone him. He had a thing with Bookshields, but they only kissed and like, so he was a full virgin. And she said it was like the happiest time she's ever been with him. But I just I'll read you a little bits from it because okay, so this is what she says about being with Michael. He told me it was still a virgin. I think he had kissed Tatum O'Neill, and he'd had a thing with Bookshields, which hadn't been physical apart from a kiss.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: Madonna had tried to hook up with him once, but nothing much happened. I was terrified because I didn't want to make the wrong move. When he decided to first kiss me, he just did it. He was instigating everything. The physical stuff started happening, which I was shocked at. I had thought that maybe we wouldn't do anything until we got married, but he said, I'm not waiting. This is what I found really weird. This is what she said about him. I fell in love with him because he was normal, just fucking normal, right, like a He's serious. His normal was a side that no one saw. His mum would say, he told you that stuff, and Janet would say, I've never heard him talk about anything like that. With everyone else. He would snap his fingers if somebody brought up something that he didn't like, snap and you're out. Because he could create his own world, and in that world everyone had to agree with what he said. But in our world, I would say what I felt and he loved that about me because it wasn't aimed at him. I could be real without hiding anything. And then Riley goes on to say that like they would go over to his house and she had a They called him Mimi because her little brother Ben couldn't pronounce Michael, so that's what was their nickname for him, and that he would sing Ben to Ben, Ben, there you, and he would sing to her you and Nad and to Lisa he would sing Happy birthday, Lisa, Lisa, it's your friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what a vagina dry up that would be.
Speaker 2: I can't I'm going to read this, will you read it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Look, this is what I think for them too. When she was saying he was just normal, they're not normal. But they're coming from the same world. Yes, you know, so there's an understanding there that he wouldn't have with a normal person, or she wouldn't have with a normal person. But I also weird though, but he was for more details.
Speaker 1: He was obsessed with Elvis and do you want me to read a tiny bit more?
Speaker 2: Or yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So Lisa Marie was with Jackson as he recorded his History album, but by the time it was released in nineteen ninety five, it was clear the pressure was on him. I started noticing differences in him.
Speaker 2: She remembered.
Speaker 1: Riley said that her mum started sensing drug use by Michael and noticing behavior she knew from her own dad, who died in nineteen seventy seven at.
Speaker 3: Age forty two.
Speaker 2: Elvis was only forty two.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Lisa Marie also feared that the King of Pop was using her for press when he famously kissed her at the nineteen ninety four MTV Video Memus Music Awards. He also started to go missing for days and icing her out. As Lisa Marie tried to find out what was going on, one of Michael's family members told her that he had a pill habit. Another asked her to get a year ine sample so they could test for what drugs he was taking. By this point, he had feigned a fall and was in hospital in New York City, where he had his own an aneath theologist an aesthesiologist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that atheist. I think people say both, and I'm like, I don't know which is which.
Speaker 1: I and a caesiologist or anethetist. Yet, she said Michael was being really awful. He got mad at me for asking questions. I said, what's really going on here? If you have a problem, I'll go with you to rehab.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: The doctor threatened her for asking questions. I said, I'm just trying to find out what's going on with my husband. Shortly after, Michael told Lisa to go back to California, so I left. I wanted him to come to but he didn't. I filed for divorce very shortly thereafter.
Speaker 3: I mean, what a tragic tale that whole thing turned out to her.
Speaker 1: God, isn't that's so fucked Imagine somebody just snapping their fingers and you know, I've got to be quiet, and then the people around you were just quiet because you're everyone around you.
Speaker 2: He's on the books. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably like that for most celebrities.
Speaker 2: I like him, even not at that level.
Speaker 1: I reckon like, like, that's you know, there was no one more famous than him for a while, but I reckon even your lower celebrities.
Speaker 2: Like did we talk about Rebel Wilson last time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: So Rebel Wilson, you know how she She was best friends with that guy what's his name? He sings and dances. He was Impact to the Rafters.
Speaker 3: Hugh Sheridan.
Speaker 1: Hugh Sheridan and her were best mates, and he got her and her partner together, so they're now married. He hasn't heard from her in over a year, and he was doing interviews lately. I think Back to the Rafters is coming back, and so he's been doing interviews and somebody asked him about Rebel and he's like, I know, I wish her well, and I haven't spoken to her in so long. I just hope she's okay, because he was the person that she would talk to all the time, and he's not in her life anymore. So she's clearly just surrounded herself with people who are not old friends or anything, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's dangerous.
Speaker 3: And the thing is people like Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley, they probably never knew real friends because they always somebody. Yeah, like from little they were somebody.
Speaker 1: It's the same as me because I you know, pretty big radio star and the project and stuff like that. It's like, I just don't know in my life who's real, who's there for me.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 3: I know you're taking a piece out of yourself, but it's true on every level. You can even go down to school, you look at the popular kids or whatever. It just filters, it just keeps filtering down. But I want more details from that book. Oh my god, Like we're going to read it, we're never going to get the action, like the nitty gritty details, because I want to know. I want to know more about the sexual stuff same, which I don't think.
Speaker 2: Was there no way imagine what he's dick if you like mister Boons.
Speaker 3: You know what though, and this is being very judgy. I even feel the fact that there was a question mark around him when they got together, of you know, like the like child. Yeah, even to take your kids into that home, even when there's a slight question mark, fair god, that's that's weird in itself. So I don't know. I think if she talks about oh no, the relationship was sexual maybe that's her way, Like, sorry if I'm wrong, Lisa Marie. Like, imagine she had said he wasn't interested in me sexually at all? Right, that would be like, hang on, there's these allegations he's not interested in you his wife sexually. How did you not know?
Speaker 1: I's a red flag he wouldn't. That's why he would have become sexual with her.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Solely for that reason, I reckon he was asexual, like he just doesn't hap Oh.
Speaker 3: I reckon he was definitely a pedophile.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, yes, so yes, besides children, I don't reckon he was interested in anyone his own age. No, he just is anyway, how odd anyway, Yes, I cannot wait. I'm going to read that for sure. I love getting a glimpse.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was a kid, my mum was reading Alvis and Me, the book that Priscilla wrote.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember that. Didn't you read it after?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I've read it afterwards. I think I was probably like eight years old when I read it, and there was a section I will never forget where she talked about Elvis like to baby talk in bed, and I was like, yuck, baby talk. I'm like that. Oh in life, I don't like that little oone sex.
Speaker 1: Let's Sam, how did you? How would you even do it?
Speaker 3: Oh? It would be like I reckon, It would be like baby names for yep, like jump on, mister Weeney.
Speaker 2: That is so fucking revolting, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Speaking of celebrities, are you across this big Menendez thing that's exploded again?
Speaker 2: No, of course I'm not.
Speaker 3: Okay. So, back in nineteen eighty nine, these two brothers named Lyle and Eric Menendez. The family were very wealthy. The dad was like a record executive or something. Apparently the dad had been abusing his sons for years, like the sickest shit you can imagine, And one night in nineteen eighty nine, the boys burst into the family home and shot the parents to death. Then they call nine one one and they're like, we got home, our parents are dead. So for I think it was like a year there was. They weren't sort of implicated in it, in it at all, but one of the brothers confessed to his psychologist that they did it. The psychologist had a mistress, and he told the mistress, and then when they broke up, she told the police, and then the boys were arrested and admitted to it. It was the first televised trial, right okay, and like of all ones to pick, I mean when you go back and look at some of the footage, I mean, the shit that they say they went through is like, it's very hard to listen to. But in nineteen ninety six they were sentenced to life in prison. Ok So, now there's a new series called Menendez on Netflix that's come out, and Ryan Murphy did it, you know, the guy that did the Jeffrey Dahma one and stuff. Anyway, now it's in the spotlight again. Everyone's talking about is it right that they're in prison considering what they went through and problems with the trial and all this, And Kim Kardashian has come out and written this sort of open essay how they should not be in prison anymore. They've been in there for you know whatever, almost thirty years. And I was saying to Mark the other day, you know how we look at things like, oh that's bullshit, Oh the justice systems bullshit whatever. I said to him, where's the line there when killing is wrong? We know that, But then when you've got two kids who've been sexually molested, by their dad for all these years the mum enabled it. I feel like, okay, they should be free. But then when you are a lawmaker, how do you ever decipher how do.
Speaker 1: You bend the lord? I know That's why I guess there has to be a blanket rule, like, of course.
Speaker 3: You take that stuff into account. But that's like in every case, I would argue, most people who do very bad things, whether that's with children or whatever, are coming from a place where they've had trauma as well. Yes, and it's like, where does that stop? Then? I know, it's so interesting to me. And then I started thinking about how judgy I am with stuff sort of when it suits me, because I saw the other day I think my daughter actually said to me about Ben Cousins had been on Dancing with the Stars or something. Straight Away, I'm like, well, that's fucking bullshit, Like why why not the fact that he was a drug addict, but you know, like he was abusive to his partner and all that stuff, And I'm like, why do they keep giving these fucking sports people second chances?
Speaker 1: The sports people I always like, I cannot deal when I see people like Wayne Carey and stuff. What the fuck do these mongrels have to do before they don't have a job.
Speaker 3: It's so fucked right. But then the other part of me is like, can someone not change and turn over a new leaf? And then do we just completely write them off because they've done something right?
Speaker 2: It's so my psychiatrists would say, don't worry about it. I think, don't care us about us about ben Cousins Bank.
Speaker 1: You know you're right, because just yeah, you make mistakes and then you just blacklisted because say we were trying to make amends, we'd be like, we're fucking dumb, hard work.
Speaker 3: Like I know, like to give up to kick a drug habit is massive, huge, Why are we not congratulating him for that?
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people probably are.
Speaker 3: I know. But then you know again that's the other side. Does that just completely then wipe away all your wrongdoings and then you're invited to go on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they should probably get be able to get jobs and stuff, but maybe not in the public eye.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Gosh, what a conundrum you think, thirteen twenty four to ten. Give us the call.
Speaker 2: Hey, I went to a party the other night.
Speaker 3: I saw number one, you looked fabulous. Number two, it really made me so happy to see you so happy because you looked happy in that picture. And speaking of how things looked in that picture, Sam looked fucking hot.
Speaker 2: He did look good in that picture, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And he's handsome.
Speaker 2: He is handsome that picture. I was like, whoa, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have another. Because I didn't look at him very much. Of course, I just looked at myself in the picture and I was like, yeah, you look good post that. But it was a Hollywood glam theme, so I went in the old school Hollywood yes, you know, with the head the headband, with the feathers and stuff like that. I thought there'd be more people like that, you know, when you were rocking up to a dress up party, though, you feel so vulnerable because you're like, have I got it right?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then as we're walking, we're just seeing people like in gown, like, you know, dressed like Hollywood today, and I'm like, oh, we fucked up, We fucked But anyway, so yeah, I haven't been to a party in so long. And because I'm so cooked at the moment, I'm like, am I going to get there and I woke up. I like, I'm okay, I'm going to go. So I went and I had a couple of margaritas, which I love a good margarita, yes, And we took the vape and I had a bit of pot.
Speaker 3: Anyway mixed with the alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I was wild.
Speaker 1: I just had a couple of little puffy puffs. But I didn't realize how stoned I was. And I got the hectic munchies, like a hectic and the food table was inside, you know when they do like platter on the table. And then they had a pizza van there, and so they put all the pizzas out on the table.
Speaker 2: So I went it.
Speaker 1: I swear I had about twenty five slices of pizza. And at one point this is how I knew I was really stoned. I looked up and a couple of women were looking at me getting pizza, and I remember getting fully paranoid that they were watching and keeping tab on how many pieces of pizza I'd had. And I looked them in the eye and I said, and I'm getting more, and they were like, oh no, no, no, no, I'm sorry, no, we're not like I looked out to Sam, I'm like, oh my god, I'm stoned. I didn't realize I was stoned. And my friend's like, you haven't stopped eating.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy you did that. You're not pisses me off. The thought of having a joint or whatever. I can't even entertain it anymore because I used to be a smoker. I can't open that door. I can't open that door.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the thing is that you have this fate that we've got. You just crush pot in it, you don't put any tobacco in it.
Speaker 3: But you're still it's it would take even so little, even just the yeah I was weird Darry smoke. It's so dirty, so disgusting. But god, I miss it, Yes, still miss it. I'll always miss it. Yeah, it's so gross. But geez, that feeling of I don't even know what you'd call the feeling of being stoned is because the paranoia as well.
Speaker 1: I've never happened to paranoia from it, but I remember it was like a fleeting moment.
Speaker 2: Of these women are counting my pizzas lies, like as if they were if so ridiculous, who's pretty.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We're going to get out of here, guys, thank you for listening. Hit us up anytime, Show and Tell online on our Instagram, as I'm sure you do know. To our patrons, thank you for your memberships. Head over to patreon dot com forward slash Show and Tell Online. They start about five dollars a month. Just help us with the running in the pod, and you get an extra rue every couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: But we'll see you soon.