Speaker 1: On scorn Lands Ostrodia. This is the Wider Panalty Show. Good evening and welcome to the readA Panety show coming up tonight. Did Scomo deserve his King's Birthday honor? As the former PM gives some sage words of advice to the coalition, Dan While will be here to unpack all that. We'll also look at Jackie Lamby's colorful advice to the AFL as the Tasmanian senator implores the league to find its snackers. Professor Implymer will join me to discuss Australia's international reputation being damaged by overregulation. Corey DeAngelis will have all the latest from the US, and later in the hour Gap Power joins me to cover everything from the aftermath of Elon Musk's meltdown to the latest on Greta Thumberg's ill fated trip to Gaza and left He's losing. It is all about the rights in LA but first good Morrison has been awarded a Companion of the Order of Australia and the King's Birthday Honors for his leadership of the nation's COVID nineteen response. The former PM had some words of advice for the Coalition to told The Australian newspaper that since COVID we've become more focused on treating the symptoms than treating the cause in policy, and that's obviously a mantle for the Coalition to take up now. He also said that liberals need to realize that it's not just about being responsible financial managers. You can't just say oh, we're going to balance the budget. Well, what does that mean? How is that helping me? How does that address the opportunities that I have joining me now for more on this As Deputy Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs, Dan Wild, Dan, this King's Birthday On, let's start with that. Is it deserved or not? Which given Australias some would say extreme COVID response.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's deserved in this particular instance reach or at least for what it was provided for. I do think it's right that the birthday on has acknowledged those who have given significant public service, and Scott Morrison has certainly done that. But to specify that it be made for the COVID nineteen response, I think really diminishes the value of that honor's list because our COVID nineteen response was a complete and total disaster. It was a case study in everything not to do, both at the federal level and the state level. Although I will give one bit of credit, which was when the federal government did close the borders internationally very early on in twenty twenty, which was the right move, But everything that came after that was the wrong thing, including handing out billions of dollars to Daniel Andrews to shut down the state of Victoria and lock up millions of Victorians for the longest time of any jurisdiction in the world. So look, I think that Scott Morrison would probably benefit from the idea of dignified silence, you know, rather than trying to wait into these debates.
Speaker 1: Yes, the National Cabinet, I think ended up being a disastrous idea and the fact that the premiers were so emboldened and there was no pushback from the federal government, no pushback from Scott Morrison to some of the extreme measures they were taking, and not just extreme in limiting people's freedoms, but just the economic carnage. We have seen the harm done to young kids. The list is long, as you know. But what do you make of his advice to the Liberals that they have to be more than just sound economic managers. I mean it's the sort of advice that I wish he'd given himself when he was PM, because as you may well recall, he was famous for saying there's no jobs in the culture wars and he was really kind of absent from some of those important debates that are centered around values. Well, that's right.
Speaker 2: I think that you know, Scott Morrison's comments lacked credibility, you know, on the economy as well as on culture as he mentioned, but on the economy. Don't forget he was the Prime Minister who, along with Josh Fredenberg, signed Australia up to net zero. I mean, one of the most economically illiterate policies that we've ever seen as a nation. And the reason they signed up to it was actually to save Josh Freidenberg's seat. Well how did that work out? You know, it didn't work out politically and it's been a disaster for our economy, for our society, regional Australia, as well as undermining our national security because it makes us more dependent upon the imports of solar panels and wind turbines, the majority of which come from China. So no matter which element you look at, net net zero has been a complete disaster for Australia. So you know, again, I respect anybody who's engaged in public service in you know, including Scott Morrison who's put their hand up and had their name on a ballot and given it a go. But really I think she's opening on this matter. Does lack credibility?
Speaker 1: Now re elected Tasmanian Senator Jackie Lamby has lashed out of the AFL. She had some choice words for AFL CEO Andrew Dylan and Tasmanian Devil's boss Brendan Gailees and to Lamby met with the duo and left the meeting very unimpressed Dan. She said the AFL is going down the gurglar and needs new leaders with some knackers between their legs. She also said I'd built myself up and was ready to go, thinking I was going to have to take on an Eddie McGuire type thing, and it was like walking into a sauna. Here, everyone, get your towel wrapped around you. Let's have some fuzzy wuzzy time. Jesus, this should have been united this should have united Tasmania, but instead it has ripped us apart. She also said they need a hard man at the top, somebody with some knackers between their legs. Christ Almighty, these are all direct quote. By the way, I'm not at living here at all. She also said someone better go back in there that's got some balls between their legs, because there is some shit going on in there that needs to be fixed. To put aside the colorful language, does she have a point about the AFL and it's a Tasmania strategy.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I quite follow the sauna analogy there that, you know. Putting that aside, I think that I think, you know, Senator Lamby's assessment of the leadership of the AFL is correct. The AFL has been lacking in leadership for a very long time. She said that going down the gurgler, well, I think they've will have truly gone down the gurgler in many ways, not just with the handling of the Tasmania situation, but maybe years ago, the AFL gave up being a real sporting code and basically became a you know that, I guess a wing of the Labor Party in essence by promoting you know, the labor parties to visit social agendas and supporting you know, the Voice to Parliament and various other forms of activism, and having a welcome to country ceremony before pretty much every AFL match, and dividing the AFL community. Also acting in a way that's inconsistent with what fans want, you know. For example, fans don't want the rules to be changed every year. They want to bring back state of origin, they want to keep the AFL Grand Final for Saturday afternoon, not moving it to the evening, and various other things. So basically everything that the AFL community wants, AFL Headquarters opposes and does the complete opposite thing. So I think, you know, putting aside Senator Lamby's you know, somewhat ambiguous metaphors, I think that her assessment of the massive failures of corporate AFL is bang on.
Speaker 1: Now, global sportswear giant NIGI has decided to end it's one hundred thousand dollars ambassadorial partnership with former Stralien of the Year Grace Tame after she posted some radical left content online attacking supporters of Israel and platforming some really quite disturbing views her maas sympathizers. Essentially. Reportedly of particular concern to the brand was Tame's decision to repost a statement from Palestinian writer Mohammad L. Kurd, As reported by the Australian newspaper. El Kerd's statement appeared to condone the murder of two Israeli embassy officials in Washington and angrily attacked journalists who reported that the slayings were an act of anti Semitism. He wrote, the media class is scrambling to reframe the shooting that targeted to Israeli state officials as a random anti Semitic attack, even though it was undeniably and by the alleged shooter's own admission, a response to the ongoing Israeli assault on Gaza, which killed one hundred and seven Palestinians in the last twenty four hours alone. Dan, this is quite a significant move by Nike. That've always been more for a long time anyhow, been very left in their political messaging, in their ads. They're not afraid to be divisive. But Grace Tame was too far left even for Nike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, reader. I think we might have talked about this last week when it looked like Nike was going to dump the sponsorship, and now they've done that. And look, I think this is an important decision by Nike to draw a line in the sand and say that, you know, there's certain forms of activism that they're not going to tolerate. And you know, again, as I've said previously, I think that it's a shame because a lot of what Grace Tame was representing and advocating for in terms of domestic violence and abuse of women. It's a very important issue that should be used to unite the community behind that important cause. But you know, when some of these advocates end up engaging in social activism, they have the effect of diminishing the couse that it is that they're standing up for. And I think ultimately Nike really had no choice but to severtize. And you know, hopefully this sends a bit of a message that if you're going to be an advocate for important causes in the community, that it's better off that you stay to those causes rather than deviating into different political issues that will ultimately divide the community.
Speaker 1: Well, talking about deviating from political issues and dividing the community, Greta Thumberg. She's gone from climate change warrior to anti Israeli activist and the IDEA has bordered the ship, the boat she was on. They have taken control of the ship. The activists have been arrested without resistance, accepting water and sandwiches from the IDEF. I don't think any of them are in any trouble, but this prompted Greta to post this pre recorded video.
Speaker 3: My name is give A Chamber and I am from Sweden. If you see this video, we have been intercepted and kidnapped in international waters by the Israeli occupational forces or forces that support israel I. Urge all my friends, family and comrades to put pressure on the Swedish government to release me and the others as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: So much Hyperbly kidnapped dad. It hardly looked like a kidnapping to me. But what has she achieved with this little mission of hers I'm not too sure.
Speaker 2: I assume the sandwiches were vegan options that were available to those on board.
Speaker 1: Plastic wrapped. Oh no, they're wrapped in plastic, Dan, this is this is very taping.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they won't they won't be able to eat them now as a moral sort of moral virtue. But look, I don't know what Greta is trying to achieve. It sort of seems a bit old hat now. I'm not too sure how seriously she's she's sort of taken. You know, I've often wondered whether she's you know, a bit of a front for you know, those who are more motivated to try to do something. But you know, you just look at it and think, well, she's still quite young. Yeah, Look, I'm not too sure what she's trying to achieve by doing this.
Speaker 1: I think her power is pretty much diminished. The way she was used by a tool by others when she was a child doesn't apply anymore because they would yes have her at the forefront of these causes, and you couldn't criticize her because she was a child after all, so you couldn't actually even dispute some of the nonsense she was saying. And once she turned eighteen, that change, once she became an adult and you could actually hold her to account as you would any other activists. I think that has really seen her power and influence diminish somewhat. Dad. While it's always a pleasure. Thanks for your time joining me now is a esteem geologist and author, Professor Ian plymer Ian. Let's start with energy expert Soul Cavanick. He's written in The Australian that an anti investment ideology has taken hold, meaning that we now have a reputation of over regulation and of finding excuses to say no to projects. He writes, we have become so accustomed to politicize delays and cancelations of projects we're surprised when a project is approved. Common sense is now being cherished as the exception rather than the rule. The seven year delay to an approval that always should and would ultimately be given is the problem. Investors have to ask themselves if they should even bother trying to invest in Australia if they have to wait this long just to know if their investment is welcome. This is why the next wave of gas investments is happening in the US and the Middle East instead of here in Is he being too harsh now? We just being careful in protecting the natural environment in having these regulations in place.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he's absolutely on the money. Investors want to make a profit while they're doing that. They employ people, they pay taxes, they pay royalties, they add infrastructure, and no investor worries about having to fulfill certain approvals. This is done for the community good and for the environment. But this has got absolutely and totally out of hand. For example, in the Pilborough, to build the roy Hill iron ore mine in an iron ore mining district, in an iron ore mining state, in an iron ore mining country, four thousand, nine hundred and fifty approvals were needed. That costs hundreds of millions of dollars, That costs years of delays. And this is at a time when our country has low productivity, when the unions are capitalizing on having a labor government, so they're getting more muscle in the Pilborough.
Speaker 1: And then of.
Speaker 4: Course a government's in debt and they will think, Hm, we've stolen all this super money with unrealized capital gains. Maybe we could do that with a mine. Maybe we could steal the profits before they're made. And so as an investor you think, well, why should I invest in Australia. Why not investing in Africa? And in the case of gas, just the time to get the approvals and the conditions on those approvals make it a very very long and expensive process. So what has happened now is we've had a massive drop in investment in Australia. We have eighty mining projects that are now on hold. No one dares go ahead with them because you don't know what the future holds, and mining requires a very long term stability. If I have a geological idea, by the time that idea is drilled out and we do the feasibility studies and build a mind, it's twenty five years and then you need another twenty five years of production to pay that back. So you cannot have governments having knee jerk reactions because investment money is very fickle. It'll just move somewhere else, and it'll move to countries which we regard as very very high risk. But Australia, unfortunately is one of the high risk countries of the world, and it's getting worse. So I'm not surprised. I think the comments were fairly restrained, and those of us in the mining industry they full well that there are better places to invest money than Australia.
Speaker 1: Well, right now the Trump administration is turbocharging mining projects over there. They want to not just become energy independent, but become an energy superpower. Is that going to put even more pressure for Australia because we've got investors that can opt for America instead of US. They don't even have to go to Africa or South America.
Speaker 4: Well, that's very much the case. There are for Australian companies who are looking at oil and gas in the US simply because it's too risky in Australia. There are quite a few companies that are looking at downline process in the US rather than doing it in Australia. Why because energy is cheap and if you do not have cheap energy and do not have reliable energy for a long period of time, you cannot have a manufacturing industry. So the whole of the economy in the US is based on cheap energy. That's why people are flocking there to invest. But in Australia we're becoming a renewables powerhouse. Energy has got far more expensive, it's unreliable, so why invest here. So it's all about the cost of energy, and we are having Australian companies that have made money in Australia and are now looking at investing that money in the US. That shouldn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, can we be become an renewable superpower? This is something Chris Bowen has long talked about, is that the alternative here, Well, it's.
Speaker 4: Made as totally and totally dependent upon China. And as one of your earlier guests, Dan Wild mentioned, the Chinese control our systems for generating wind power, they control our systems for generating solar power, they control our transmission systems. They could turn off these systems in an instant and all of a sudden, we wouldn't have energy. All of a sudden, we wouldn't have food being transported to the markets and to the cities. So we have lost our sovereign security by putting energy in the hands of a foreign power. You cannot run a successful country unless you have cheap, reliable energy. And what our renewables investment is doing is forcing us to have expensive and unreliable energy and to be dependent upon someone else. This is a terribly dangerous path to go to heren.
Speaker 1: And I've got some good news. The snow season has started and despite the warnings we had that Australian kids will not see snow, it's going to be a bumper season. They're saying it's the best in several years. And at the same time we've got Queensland recording temperatures as low as half a degree in some areas, residents waking up to frost. So we're run out of time in but good news for Australian kids, many more years of enjoying, enjoying. J Climon, thank you so much for a time.
Speaker 4: Good night, Thank you.
Speaker 1: See that's why we call it climate change. Now we've got to call it climate change, not global warming. They give you a time, professor, good night, Thank you. Still to come, Left is losing it, plus the latest from the US, including the lawless protests in California Forridangelis is up next. You're watching the reader Panning You show, and it's time for Left is losing it and the Democrats and their radical, violent wing are reminding the world tonight. Why Donald Trump won the election in a landslide, winning every swing state, the popular vote, and the all important Electoral College with a massive margin of three hundred and twelve to two hundred and twenty six votes. And the heart of Trump's America First agenda was ending the illegal immigration crisis and deporting the millions who flooded in illegally in recent years. And you will not find a better ad for that policy than the scenes in LA right now. Yes, the lawless thugs are demonstrating precisely why they should be deported and why those who break the law to support them should be locked up. As the National Guard is called in to restore order, the fires continue to burn. Some of these fires have been burning for so long that the cars are almost gone. Look at that. But authority is the National Guard will restore order. As these writers found out. Some of these writers found out.
Speaker 4: They're coming out.
Speaker 5: They're coming out.
Speaker 1: And while the Mexican flag was proudly flying throughout these protests, the American flag was really nowhere to be seen unless it was being set alight. Yes, they proudly fly the Mexican flag, but they burned the American one as they riot to stop being deported to Mexico and other countries they hold in higher esteem than America. This is the left. It's what they do, whether it's Antifa, BLM or these lawless thugs. Remember, the violence from the left intensified as soon as Trump became president. The first time.
Speaker 6: Police had to push back the protesters so firefighters could get to the fleemes.
Speaker 7: Small fires had appeared all day, this up to the temperature, which of course was the point.
Speaker 8: One demonstrator through a flash bangrenade back at police.
Speaker 1: It exploded in an officer's face.
Speaker 5: And save to your gas.
Speaker 1: Six officers reportedly injured. Funny how that was never called an insurrection. The Democrats have always fanned this sort of violence. They have incentivized it, they have defended it, and even as La descends into violence and chaos, they are calling for more his Democrats. La City council member Hernandez telling protesters rioters really to escalate their tactics.
Speaker 9: They know how quickly we mobilized. That's why they're changing tactics.
Speaker 8: Because community defense works and our resistance has slowed them down before.
Speaker 10: And if they're doing their tactics, then so are we. When they saw up, when they saw up, we got to throw up even stronger.
Speaker 1: And La Mayor Karen Bass also defended the protest and trumpeted LA's sanctuary city status.
Speaker 11: We are going to fight for all Angelinos, regardless of.
Speaker 5: When they got here, whether they have papers or not.
Speaker 11: We are a city of immigrants, and this impacts hundreds of thousands of Angelinos.
Speaker 1: You know, it was only last year when Democrat congress Woman Maxine Waters was accusing Trump of being divisive and engaging in dangerous rhetoric.
Speaker 8: I am going to spend some time with the criminal justice system, with the justice system, asking them, tell us what's going on with the domestic arians. Are they preparing a civil war against us? Should we be concerned about our say? What is he doing with this divasive language? It is dangerous and we're going to have to make sure that we understand that we're not at risk with this man talking in the way that he's doing.
Speaker 1: Oh, Maxine Waters had plenty of fears, fevered dreams about Trump and his supporters starting trouble. But it's the left, always the left resorting to violence and right there to defend the protesters and defend the rights of illegal immigrants to stay in the country illegally, was the congresswoman. Let's have a listen to Maxine Waters.
Speaker 11: Hughes deportation as a way to enhance his position.
Speaker 5: We're all to fate.
Speaker 10: Where you're out there.
Speaker 11: We don't want his country to be a country a potball coming from other broadcasts. It's outrageous. It is horrible, and we've got to make sure that we do everything every parts of the care because I think he's up to creating martial life.
Speaker 1: He even look together we alluded to civil war. This from the woman who has a long champion feral behavior, who has called for her ideological opponents to be harassed and intimidated even when they're out for dinner, And now as California descends into a lawless, violent protest, she's fanning the flames with this sort of talk. Here, she's asked about the National Guard being called into restore order. Don't you think about the National Guard being here Trumps deploying them and not our own governorate.
Speaker 11: Well, the thing about it is, I don't know why they're here with guns.
Speaker 5: Whom are they going to shoot and for what? Why are the gun Why are these guns here?
Speaker 1: That's my question.
Speaker 11: I don't care. Why are the guns have to be Santuary City. We know Trump doesn't like us, we know that it's tring to try to use us as an example.
Speaker 1: Is she kidding? Why they're guns? Why are they there?
Speaker 5: Are?
Speaker 1: Because violent miscreants have taken over the streets. They're attacking law enforcement and generally being lawless thugs. Does she expect the National Guard to go in there with Teddy Bears and hug these criminals into submission? And if that wasn't enough, Maxine then showed up at a detention center and tried to use her congressional authority to gain access. It didn't go too well, as the kids say, not Today's Satan.
Speaker 11: Well, I watched Hello, Hello, Hello, congress Roman writer.
Speaker 6: I just came to use my congressional I'll go to chapline Bears.
Speaker 11: Now I need to get in.
Speaker 8: I need to get it.
Speaker 1: That was pretty delicious footage. At the end there joining me our is American Culture Project Cedia Fellow and school choice advocate Corey Deangelus. Corey Donald Trump couldn't have hoped for a better advertisement for his deportation program, and then the violent uprising we're seeing in California right now.
Speaker 10: Yes, this is a great advertisement for Trump's deportation program, but it's also a great advertisement for the Republican Party in general. The Republicans already beat the Democrats on the issue of immigration overwhelmingly in the last election, and now this is only going to cement that view in voters' minds. You look at the images from Los Angeles. It's a war zone right now, and it's because the Democrats can't keep their house an already. Look at Democrat runs cities. We saw this in twenty twenty with the George Floyd protest. They were burning cities all across the country. You had mainstream media calling it mostly peaceful protests that were fiery, and we're seeing the same kind of problems right now. And you have Gavin Newsom trying to tell Trump to call off the National Guard.
Speaker 9: They're siding with the criminals.
Speaker 10: They're against the victims in these situations.
Speaker 9: They are against personal property rights, they're with the looters.
Speaker 10: And you know, voters don't like this. If they're paying taxes, they want to be protected. They don't want criminals roaming the streets. You see the Mexican flag being flown all across Los Angeles. This is supposed to be America, not Mexico. And so this is this is only providing more advertising for Trump's efforts because you know, one of his main arguments is that a lot of the immigrants are not assimilating with American culture. You see them in these photographs and these videos with flags that aren't even the American flag.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's making Trump's point for him.
Speaker 1: Well, we've seen scenes of them burning the American flag. That's the only time I've seen the American flag in these protests is when it was being burned. And you're right, where is Governor Newism seems to be doing more harm than good. The local authorities seem to have run soft on this as well, releasing ridiculous statements saying the peaceful protests, and they seem to be completely unprepared for the violence of the left, even though we see it often enough. And you mentioned the Mexican flag. I think this image really summed up the protest. You can see the lineup of police cars in this image shrouded in thick black smoke, and you've got a mass protest there there flying the Mexican flag. This, to me, Corey is just the height of absurdity. These people are flying the Mexican flag and violently protesting to avoid being deported to Mexico. If you love Mexico so much that you're flying their flag on American soil, why are you so opposed to going back there?
Speaker 10: Yeah, look, this is an invasion, it's an insurrection. If you want to take the words from the left and use it right against them. But look, I mean this, Los Angeles is supposed to be the home of the twenty twenty eight Summer Olympics, and all we have right now is they're public officials using mental gymnastics to defend the criminals, the rapist and the murderers and not the victims of all these crimes. So you know, you were already We're already forecast in twenty thirty that California is going to lose four electors because they're losing population already. More people are going to flee California. They have beautiful beaches, they have a great weather, but they're still losing population because they have numbskulls running their state into the ground.
Speaker 1: Well they do. And as California is in disarray, you've got in New Jersey. UFC three sixteen was underway and Trump was there and is now customary walking occurred again to thunderous applause and krey. As soon as the big fights were one, the fighters were jumping out of the cage to shake Trump's hand. Here is Mehror devilishly.
Speaker 5: Thomas, He's an unjuged man he's a monster.
Speaker 10: He's a monster.
Speaker 1: He's a monster.
Speaker 4: And look he's not even not a breath.
Speaker 2: He tried that chunk in the first round too, shows ever to depend but I mean you're tier, You've been worn down, and eventually he gets that choke.
Speaker 9: Look at Moracos.
Speaker 1: Second meeting. More time of it than the first judge is not needed tonight, Corey. There certainly has been a big cultural shift in the States, more so in sport than in entertainment. But you are seeing Trump embraced these sporting events, particularly the UFC, but also football games, and he's enormously popular with even in places you willdn't expect him to be popular. New Jersey is a blue state.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's right. Trump is a man in the people.
Speaker 10: He won all seven swing states in November twenty twenty four, and he's continuing that trajectory. See winners like Trump, and Trump likes to win too, So you can see that in his policies and you can see it in his public events as well. We saw us at football games leading up to the election. He's a very popular guy and he's he's a man of the people. Your everyday citizen can can relate with Trump, and it's just as it's obvious.
Speaker 9: A plus.
Speaker 10: The main thing is that his policies are great, especially when it comes to things like education, immigration, keeping cities safe. Hopefully some states like California and New York can learn from from Republican led states to be safer and.
Speaker 9: To have a better education system too.
Speaker 1: I think New Jersey's it can be won. I mean, there's a lot of those that it is a polarized country. We might talk about Trump being popular. He is loath in those deep blue states, that's for sure. But I think New Jersey is one of those ones where at the next election or maybe the one after, it could become a red state because the people there are are sick of the Democrats abandoning them and the issues they care about. They have become so radically left some lest the Democrats find their way, they are in danger of losing states like New Jersey. Now let's marvel at this ridiculous piece from the Washington Post about life on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket being disrupted after migrant workers were shackled and boarded onto Coast Guard boats, igniting fear among undocumented workers. They call them who form the backbone of the island's workforce, Cory, is this not the same community in Martha's Vineyard that called in authorities when a few dozen illegal immigrants were sent their way from Florida. I mean that were removed within a couple of days, if I remember correctly. And now we're supposed to feel sorry for them because they chap labor's gone.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're afraid that they're not going to have their low cost labor. The elites over there and want people to mow their yards and to serve them.
Speaker 9: At the dinner table. But look, yeah, they're total hypocrites.
Speaker 10: And this just goes to show you that so much of these knee jerk reactions from elites and these kind of cities, it's all just based on who.
Speaker 9: They don't like.
Speaker 10: So a few years ago, is they didn't like DeSantis. They thought DeSantis had a shot at becoming president, so they wanted to respond by saying, oh, well, we don't like what he's doing by sending the immigrants here, even though they said they were a sanctuary city and they embraced immigrants.
Speaker 9: But then now that Trump is trying to go the other way.
Speaker 10: On the same issue and to deport immigrants from Martha's Vineyard. Now all of a sudden, they come out with their Trump arrangement syndrome.
Speaker 9: That's all this is. It's the It's more of a political argument than anything else.
Speaker 1: And let's end with the media. ABC News has a suspended correspondentary Moran after he posts the most unhinged diet tribe on x imaginable about President Donald Trump and Trump's deputy chief of Staff Stephen Miller Corey. This was a crazy rand, he wrote, and he's deleted this, but the damage is done. He wrote, amongst other things, Miller is a man who is richly endowed with the capacity for hatred. He's a world class hater. You can see this just by looking at him, because you can see that his hatreds are his spiritual nourishment. He eats his hate, he eats his Corey. This is demented, even by ABC standards. I could not believe this. I thought he'd been hacked, but no, he's responsible.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a classic case of pure projection. And I mean, you can see his hatred just seeping through that tweet. He later deleted it.
Speaker 9: Maybe he was drunk when he was tweeting this. I don't know what happened, but.
Speaker 10: It's very surprising to me that ABC is actually doing something about it. I would have figured that he would have got a promotion at this left wing news outlet.
Speaker 1: For he's only suspended. Corey.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, maybe one when it blows over, he'll he'll get a raise or something.
Speaker 9: In a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not forget Donald Trump sat down with him for that one on one interview and he was fairly thoroughly embarrassed. He was unprepared for that interview, and Trump held him to account when he made some claims boldly and when he was questioned he's like, oh no, no, I'm not sure, I'm just asking the question, and when he'd actually been making a statement. There were quite a few examples there. Corey DeAngelis always a pleasure. Thanks for your time.
Speaker 9: Tonight, Thank you reader, good talking to you.
Speaker 1: Still to come. The fallout from Elon masks meltdown as President Trump comments on the billionaires alleged drug use. Gabriella Power has the details. Welcome back, joining me now as host of the Power Hour, available across Guy In News Australia's digital platforms. Gabriella Power gab Let's start with allegations made by former advisor to Donald Trump about Elon Mask. He claims that Elon shoulder charge Treasury Secretary Scott was sent after a war of words turned physical just meters from the Oval office. Gabber, what else can you tell us about these allegations?
Speaker 12: Oh my gosh, all Elon Mask just keeps bringing so much drama to the White House. But as you say, this is really interesting because this is coming from Steve Bannon, a former advisor to Trump, and he has told the Washington Post that essentially eli and Scott Besson got into a physical altercation back in April. So Scott Besson and Elon Musk were pitching strategies around the IRS to Donald Trump, and Donald Trump was apparently backing bessence, and Elon Musk was not having any of it and allegedly treated Scott Besson like a rugby player and put a shoulder into his rib and the two of them had to actually get torn.
Speaker 5: Apart by other people that were in the room.
Speaker 12: So who knows what Elon Musk was actually on at this point in time. Elon Musk is quickly learning how politics works, and that is not how you handle a disagreement.
Speaker 1: Well, no, and that wouldn't explain that black eye, because if that happened in that timeframe, that the black eye was far more recent than that. So I don't know. Maybe he got into a rugby taggle with somebody else. Let's see now. From President Donald Trump, he was asked about Elon Musk's possible drug use.
Speaker 5: Did you have any concerns about his drug use when he was working for you?
Speaker 10: I don't want to comment understrug news, I don't know. I don't know what his status is. I read an article on the New York Times. I thought it was Frankly, it sounded very unfair to me.
Speaker 5: You said earlier today that mister Musk had a problem. What did you mean by that? Did you misjudge him?
Speaker 1: May?
Speaker 10: I don't want to talk about problems. I think that.
Speaker 5: I think the United States had problems that.
Speaker 10: If you look at the numbers day, the numbers were.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, Gab. This clash was inevitable in many ways, and Elon Musker made a major major miscalculation here. I don't know if he was on something. I suspect it possibly was. When he was tweeting some of that reckless, crazy retoric. He's gone back and deleted most of it. But he thought perhaps being the world's richest man meant that he could be the world's most powerful man, and he is not that, And he found out the hard way that Donald Trump is potus.
Speaker 12: Isn't it interesting because so how long were we hearing from Democrats in the mainstream media they were so concerned about Elon Musk's influence over Donald Trump. And Donald Trump is showing that he really didn't have much at all. And Donald Trump is the most powerful person in America, not Elon Musk. But you're right, reader, I think Elon has realized he made a massive mistake. He has deleted that bombshelled sweet that was absolutely ridiculous, linking Donald Trump to the Epstein files. He's deleted that. And he's not only deleted that, he's now starting to show that he is groveling because he is now resharing on his x feed posts that Donald Trump has made in response to what is going on in Los Angeles at the moment. So look, they are both patriots, and Elon Musk is supporting Donald Trump publicly once again over Donald trump support for what is unfolding in Los Angeles and both absolutely tearing apart Gavin Newsom and Karen Bass because they cannot handle cannot show that they have any control over what is unfolding with his Vibe protest. But as you say, you know, Elon Musk has made a mistake. I think he's realized that, and I think he's quickly trying to patch things up. Let's see how forgiving Donald Trump is. But I think many Americans would like to see them working together again.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, for the good of the country, you would like to see that. But he's got to know his place. He can't have another episode like that. And you're right. I've heard some absolutely crazy commentary today from some you know, veteran pundits saying, some of the trouble in LA it's not a coincidence that it started when Elon Musk and Donald Trump have fallen out, as if that has anything to do with it. I don't know what planet some of these analysts are on. But now decorated gymnast Simone Biles has clashed with women's sports campaigner Riley Gains on X. You posted something quite nasty, writing you're truly sick all of this campaigning because you lost a race, straight up, saul loser, You should be uplifting the trans community and perhaps finding a way to make sports inclusive, or creating a new avenue where trans feels safe in sports, maybe a transgender category in all sports. But instead you bully them. One thing for sure is no one in sports is safe with you around bully someone your own size, which would ironically be a male gap. Nasty, nasty and low. And I've got to say Files has been roundly criticized here because Ralegh Gains not only was she beaten by a man, but she has worked tirelessly ever since to protect girls and women from men taking over their sport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 12: But there's a lot of support for Raley Gains here, and this is one of the biggest stories in the US right now. And someone Files wrote that horrible tweet when Raley Gains was called out that there was a biological male competing in its softball tournament and where else but Minnesota tampon tim country. But look, Riley Gaines has hit back at Simon Barles' comments, and she's brought in or she's brought up rather Larry Nasa, of course, the convicted pedophile who was convicted for assaulting hundreds of young girls. Now read you exactly what she said. She wrote all the horrific sexual abuse at Simone Bile's witness and spoke out against caused by one man, yet believes women should be forced to strip naked in front of men to validate the man's feelings. You know how many gold medals you'd have if your inclusive dream came true?
Speaker 1: Zero?
Speaker 12: Now, Riley Gaines also clarified her position that she absolutely hopes that this convicted pedophile, Larry Nasa, spends the rest of his life rotting away in prison. But at the same time, men do not belong in women's sports, and female athletes continue to be failed by a system that protects men at the expense of women safety. And look, she's absolutely right, and we're just seeing that support for Riley Gaines at the moment.
Speaker 1: Now, I wanted to get your reaction to the IDF boarding Greta Thunberg's so called freedom Yachta. What did you think of this little expedition by Greta Thumberg. Did she achiever aims? I mean, she's certainly got a lot of international attention, which is what I guess she's really after. She's in the business of attention seeking.
Speaker 12: This pr stunt of hers has spectacularly failed. It was always going to I mean, this narcissist Greta Thunberg, who has spent so many years being so hysterical about climate change, and now she's showing support for her muss on this ship, which was absolutely ridiculous. She was bringing in barely any aid to Gaza, thinking that she was going to be some hero. She was going and doing CNN crosses and live streaming it. And even before Israeli authorities took control of this ship, she even recorded a video saying that she had been kidnapped by Israeli authorities. If anything happens to her, it's because she's been kidnapped.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: She has just become such a laughing stock if she wasn't already, and it's brilliant. We have heard from Israeli officials that were reacting to this and keeping us all in the loop pretty much instantly. They clarified that all the passengers and the celebrities on board the selfie yacht are of course safe, unharmed, and they were provided with sandwiches and water and selfie is well and truly over. But just to put it into perspective, how much aid they were actually carrying, and it was less than a single truckload of aid. And just for some perspective, more than twelve hundred AID trucks have entered Gaza from Israel within the past two weeks. Congratulations go to Thunberg. That has just been a spectacle for us all to laugh at. And she has completely foiled. She's on her way back to Israel and then she'd be going home.
Speaker 1: I do like that term selfie yacht though. That's something new that we can have fun with. Now I've got to ask you also about Hugh Jackman and Deborah Leaf Furness. They were the Golden couple for so many years. Their divorce is getting increasingly ugly. They've begun splitting up their assets, including their real estate assets thirty six million dollar apartment in Manhattan, gab. There's even talk that Deborah Leaf Furness might do a tell all book. Oh wow, this could really blow up Hugh Jackman's good boy, well, golden boy images. He's been always known as this mister nice guy.
Speaker 12: Absolutely well, that would be an interesting read for sure, but as you say there right now, splitting up their assets, they've got two hundred and fifty million dollars, that's what that is their fortune that they have to work out. So this divorce is probably going to get pretty messy, as you say. That thirty six million dollar penthouse apartment in New York City. It's in the Chelsea District. Beautiful area it's got. It's a three bedroom place, five thousand square feet. It looks out to the Hudson River. The apartment features an elevator entrance, a library that convert to a fourth bedroom that wants to a chef's kitchen with a breakfast bar. You know, it certainly looks pretty fantastic. But they have some places all over the world, not just in the United States, here in Australia as well and the UK. So I think we'll be seeing more reports as they work out how to divide up their fortune.
Speaker 1: Yes, and apparently Hugh Jackman is now living in that apartment with his new lady who he perhaps was seeing for many many years throughout his marriage, allegedly allegedly a gab power. Pleasure to speak to you tonight, Thanks for your time, and that's all. The time we have, I'll see you tomorrow night at eleven up. Next it's Newsnight
Speaker 3: Six