Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production. Welcome back to another episode about My Bad Mom podcast. We were just having a little giggle because I showed Rache the photos of the girls going to their semi formal Yes, because we're beautiful. We chatted about it on the podcast a lot because I needed to get dresses and shoes and bags and jewelry, hair, makeup, nails. I was like, I've spent an absolute bloody fortune on this semi form tickets and tickets for them and the boys.
Speaker 2: And they both turned up. Yeah, yeah, so you didn't have to go, so please.
Speaker 1: Goodness, I mean the girl's, I mean both to the boys.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I'm glad that you're now broke, but you're in desperate need of getting your own head and nails and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm a mess. I'm an absolute messt. My nails are like half on half of them have peeled off. Like, I haven't had haircut in about two years.
Speaker 2: I reckon that last haircut that you had two years ago we talked about on the podcast, and you went somewhere and it was dodgy.
Speaker 1: Remember, I was so dodgy.
Speaker 2: Because you're like, it's only like twenty dollars, so I'm going to get it done. And it came out it was so dodgy.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even twenty I'm going to recap that because that was a long time ago. We spoke about that. We were going to purse the next day, and so I was racing around trying to get the last minute things. And I was with Holly and I walked through Asply hypermarket and there was a sign and it was ten dollars haircuts. And I was like, oh, I had a trip. What could go wrong? Like, I've cut my kid's head. It's not hard, yea. And so as I'm watching the i mean loosely named hairdresser, he's pulled all my hair to the back and then he's cut in a straight line. And so I was like, okay, well what about the fact that the front is longer, Like look at it like it's longer. Yeah, And he was like oh, and then he's got his mate to come over and have a look as well. And I'm like, can you just even it up? Like it's just just eaving it up? And I've got home afterwards paid my ten dollars. I was ripped off dollar. I walked in and they went, oh, my god, it's awful. And I was like, oh, really, so just like I just wear it up and he was like, I can't even wear it up though, it's terrible. And so then I'm ringing around on a Saturday afternoon trying to get a haircut from an actual hairdresser. Jay's on the phone. I'm on the phone like it's fully booked a Saturday. He's managed to get hold of Oscar Oscar at champ side. She was like, oh, the poor darling, yet come down, we've saw something out. I went down there right, had the whole experience, you know, the massage, the like proper hairdresser experience, and at the end of it, she gave me some product and went have a great time in Perth. This is on the house. I was like what she said, Yeah, I mean we had to sort you out and we'll see you again next time. I was like, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I just love the fact that you're like whipping around on a Saturday, last minute going to perfect next day, and you think of the fact that whipping around getting last minute things done before flying to Perth is getting a haircut.
Speaker 1: That is the last thing I'm thinking about doing it.
Speaker 2: If I'm wiving around about to take my family to Perth.
Speaker 1: Look, Rach, we are so different in that respect, because if you were going to Perth the next day, I know that in the week beforehand, you would have booked fruition, proper hairdresser, you would have had the whole thing done. You would have been there for like three hours, however long it takes, and you have a beautiful haircut. Me, what can go wrong? Ten dollars quick trimming ten dollars.
Speaker 2: You can't even get coffee and a cake for ten dollars now, I love your living on the edge vibe.
Speaker 1: Probably wouldn't even be able to get scissors to do the haircut for ten dollars? Am I a bad mum for crushing her dreams? Oh?
Speaker 2: And I've seen this on the agenda for today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Amelia is all about making money at the moment. Love it. It's actually been great in terms of working at macas and she's now got that feeling of like we thought this would never come and it has. I was like the amount of times they just don't appreciate money because they haven't paid for anything themselves. I don't give a shit if they up the laptop or damage to their phone or whatever it might be, because we've bought it so they don't care. But now she's really enjoying that feeling of earning your own money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm putting it in your bank account. Now. I have had to move her money from her bank account because she has a bit of a problem with spending it as soon as it's there on random things. I'm like, you're out of control. I'm moving that account where you can't touch it. You can still see it in your savings account, but you can't touch it, you can't spend it. And so she is like super excited now to take on more shifts. She's like taking on other people's shifts, and she's working quite a bit and she's enjoying the money coming in. Now she's also thought of another way of making money, and that is she's going through her old things and putting them on deep up. Oh yeah yeah, so like selling old teaspoon, a short or whatever it might be. Now, there was a moment where she went, oh, my goodness, look I've sold this. I sold this, I've sold this, and I'm like, wait a minute, you've sold dad's record collection. That's not yours. She went, yeah, well he never listens to them. And I just went around the house and I started, oh, when you went around the house and you started putting usuff or divop, she went yeah, And then she laughed about it because she knew what she was doing. She was like, yeah, oh, well, I've made a hundred dollars you've had that's that's one hundred dollars. You're selling his stuff?
Speaker 2: What about.
Speaker 1: What else is on there? What did she sell? And then I started worrying about like any of my handbags on there or your cat actually everything? Oh yeah, mom, look I made fifty dollars from your Louis Dan.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry na Ia got picked up just before we made twenty. Okay, okay that.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm just stood here and then the door opens and she starts wheeling furniture out.
Speaker 2: How she moved on from Deep Hop, I'm onto Gum Tree And you're like that, Okay, you don't know whether you want to be like proud or like heartbroken that half of your house is moving out.
Speaker 1: And I did chuckle a little bit because I was like, Dad's on that, But then I also got panicky because I was like what's mine?
Speaker 2: Has she put anything of yours up?
Speaker 1: Not that I've seen, okay, but I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: I like Deepop as well. Is she adding enough for like postage and stuff. Well, that's another thing I'd be looking at because the weight of selling records.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, what happened with that is that she then said, so she's sold it whatever. Then she was like, we didn't take it to the post office today. So Jay has then driven here's own records to the post office and shipped it off to this person who's paid a millia for products. Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know her for being upfront about the hustle of deep Hop because it can be confronting on there.
Speaker 1: I've not been on there. I don't know how to use it. I'm a marketplace gum Tree sort of love it because I sell furniture and phones and where.
Speaker 2: She's got it from.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what I don't do. I don't go around and start selling her stuff. I don't go around her bedroom. Oh sorry, you're in a sleeping bag on the floor tonight because I sold your bed. Deep Hop made one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Love her entrepreneurship of like wanting to hustle to make money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's shame. It's not her stuff she's selling.
Speaker 2: What's next, That's all I'm saying to you. What's next? You better cover your ass and put those bags away because they're going to go for a hundred.
Speaker 1: You literally back and my cat.
Speaker 2: The cat's gone Nexit the TV, what we watched this? It doesn't make sense