Speaker 1: I think you know what's happening here.
Speaker 2: I think I know. So this is not how I pictured it in my head.
Speaker 3: I pictured it in my head tipped one from the Thunderbirds was going to come in coming off the back of another massive victory.
Speaker 2: However, here we are, Chipper welcome.
Speaker 1: So good morning, oh dear.
Speaker 2: Just a bit of a nightmare and it's Collingwood on the weekend. What happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a bit of a battle out there. They're pretty physical, so we probably didn't come as prepared we'd like to. And they had nothing to lose this weekend. That's on us.
Speaker 3: That's how I justified it to Hazy when I said, oh, well, calling, what are about fold? Basically as a club, so they've come out with absolutely nothing to lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I really feel for the girls. You know, they were really emotional after the game, so it was kind of a happy ending for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so what happens to those girls now?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Do they just all split up and go to separate clubs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Pretty much. I think they'll be scrounging around right now trying to find and see what they're doing. But most of us girls don't really know what's happening next year either, So it's pretty stressful for everyone so to be.
Speaker 1: You know when you guys come together at the end and you will lock arms and you all sort of get around each other.
Speaker 2: Where are you going with this?
Speaker 1: Is it always? Is it always like amicable? Or is there sometimes? Because you guys are so physical on the court, and I'd imagine you guys are such competitive beasts, you come together arm and arm towards the end. Yeah, I'm just kind of I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been some sort of fight at some stage, like because you're all so competitive, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I feel like you put up a good front for the cameras sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I think when we go back to the chain rooms were a bit more sad. But nah, all the girls all leave it out on court, which is good. We're all pretty good friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's real. Nice vibes about NETBA, wasn't it. Can we talk about Shimia Stirling? I've got a massive girl crush on her.
Speaker 2: Want me too?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is she as cool in real life as she appears to be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's pretty cool. She's just got that Jamaican vibe about her, really relaxed but has a good time too, and she knows.
Speaker 1: How to dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she can dance, I was saying to Hazey.
Speaker 3: I went to a game a couple of weeks ago and she was the last one left on court, signing every single last little girl's autograph, and I just thought that was the colest I know.
Speaker 4: She's so humble too, so she's always going to do that for her fans. And she loves being in Adelaide too, so it's pretty nice to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be serio, you're reasonably new, but I mean, there were some really tough times a couple of seasons ago, and you guys are going so well, it must be really nice to see just this huge amount of support, because not just right now when you guys are up and about, but all those fans, they were there through the tough times as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially, and you can just see that through Hunter Petty. She's been there for pretty much all of it. And ten years later we're in finals. Like, how amazing is that? It's pretty good for Adelaide and the Thunderbirds.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask you this question, and I mean your reaction, I'll either cry or I'll laugh.
Speaker 2: Is a joy? Can you win it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 4: I think you know. When we have our strong team of ten in there. You see it saw last week against Fever and we can beat the top teams of Premiers last year, we can do anything, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And don't you think there's a belief now about this side because those games against the Fever you've beaten them twice in clutch games.
Speaker 2: Those games in the past you would have lost. It's like you know how to win now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even last year, I think Eleanor Carbo has been really big for us. She knows how to win. She's come from a team last year that her team won in England, so she's really brought that over and she knows how to win. So she's given that to us as well.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to pile a pressure on you, tip up, but look, so Joy's very important in these parts in terms of over and what she brings to the table and just how up and about she is. I can one hundred percent tell you that if the Thunderbirds don't do well or they lose, then there is a chance that the vibe for the whole week changes based on the Thunderbirds performance. But that's not a pressure situation, just just sort.
Speaker 3: Of put tragic about the whole thing. To be honest with you, the biggest support. Yeah, now you've held off this long, you can ask about football now, all right.
Speaker 1: So your part of this is an unbelievably professional sporting partnership. Your partner Josh Donugley, of course, players for the Brisbane lines and there was a time where he was some in Port adelaid we're in the mix to potentially sign him. So he came down there, had a bit of a look and caught up with a few people and as we do in the news room at Channel seven and everyone, we were trying to get hold of Josh and he was as elusive off the field out. We couldn't get hold of him anywhere. And then one morning we saw Travis Bok at the airport who told us go home, guys. He's already come through nice and early gone. He's been and gone, which was fine, was good for us. We've got to go back to the office and then I recommended two weeks later, I've gone to my local coffee shop, which is in West Croydon on Queen Street and I'm going Josh doing here, And this was after he'd signed with Brisbon. It was all signed and seal, so I Buggert, I'm going to go and speak to him. So I just tapped him on the shoulder and so, Josh, you have no idea how hard we were trying to find you over the lasted a few weeks, and he just had a bit of a giggle lot it and sort of moved on. But yeah, different world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how he slipped in and out. I think we came from Kansas something, so that was probably a bit random.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well that would have been good to know, Tip, that's a kid.
Speaker 1: But I think it was early too. It was definitely early when he left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I think he went to Melbourne or something really early.
Speaker 2: How do you go with the long distance you two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty hard sometimes, but we both get it, I think, both being professional athletes, like we get when we need time. That's our jobs. So but we see each other quite a bit, probably every two weeks, so it's not too bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, beautiful, nice Tip, appreciate you coming in here as well. Don't worry about the weekend's looking really really good.
Speaker 3: Well, we've already moved on, haven't we, Tipper. Yeah, yeah, we're looking forward out, No point looking in the rear vision mirror.
Speaker 1: We've just got one foot in front of the other.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: TI, Thanks you, Tom, Thanks
Speaker 3: So much to you.