Speaker 1: Well, Hazy, I'm super excited about this because Gluttony presents the Glenelg Winter Arts Festival. It is happening this Friday, and I'm going to give you the chance to go along in just a moment. But we need to speak to this man first because he will be performing his show called We'll Illuminate and he joins us.
Speaker 2: Now, Will Anderson, good morning, Oh thank you very much for having me. Like, I've been coming to Adelaide to perform stand up comedy for twenty four years and I've never made it as far as Glennell. Can you believe that never made it to Glennell?
Speaker 3: That's really that man. We're very famous for assuming that if it's more than fifteen minutes and it's a journey, but you've never gone as far as the city outside of what's the further she got to.
Speaker 2: I mean about as far as I can walk in the radius from the Garden of Unearthly Delights, and about as far as I can walk in a radius is as far as I've ever made it. So even when I was like booking for this festival, just in my head, I'm like, I was like, oh, well, I assume I'll just stay in the city still and let the gig will be out in Glenelg. And the organizers are like, oh no, no, no, it's a whole different place. You've got to stay in glenew.
Speaker 1: So at no point did you think I'm going to jump on that little tram there and take a trip out to Glenelg, out to the beach to see no waves.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing, Like, I'll be staying in England now, so maybe I could do the reverse trip. I could take the tram into the city and then back to Glenelk. I mean, that's a whole different world that we're living in now.
Speaker 3: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You need to tick that box.
Speaker 3: Hey Will. You are a Victorian boy through and through, so obviously there's this little rival between South Australia and Victoria. Can you just be honest with us for a second. Your immediate thoughts when someone says, and maybe you're sitting in a pub in Melbourne and a couple of your Melbourne mate say, what are your thoughts when you perform it's South Australia once a year, what are your immediate thoughts about great state?
Speaker 2: Well, no, the state I love now here's the joke that it used to be. The joke used to be that you were just very economical that people would come out like I always remember this with British comedians. They would come out to the Adelaide fringe and they would be like, oh my god, this is the greatest place on Earth's there's a fringe festival, there's a music festival, there's a motor race, there's a horse race. Like everything is happening at the exact same time. This place is amazing. I assume it is like this for the other eleven months of the year, and they would stick around and be rudely surprised that it was mostly just being angry at cane corns for three months in the middle of the year.
Speaker 3: You get all that anger out, yeah, and then around about mind, now it's different.
Speaker 2: Now, it's really different now, right, like with all the festivals. But then it just continued. There was the big football festival obviously, but then there's been yeah, the live golf tournament, and now we've got this winter arts festival. This is turning into it. I'm not sure that we can sustain this pace at Adelaide, That's what I'm saying. We might be going a bit too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you don't need to talk to Hazy about the anger directed at Cane Corns because he used to work with him on the sports station SEN. So it was good for you because you never got any hate directed your way.
Speaker 3: Well yes, and also Caine taught me how to deal with hate. All right, So so one maybe once or twice i'd get some some stick on Twinter.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, can't handle this.
Speaker 3: And if you like, look at my notifications mate, I've got three hundred year notifications, has about sixteen death threats in there as well, and I'm getting through.
Speaker 2: We've got two hundred listeners and three hundred death threats. This is a good percentage.
Speaker 1: Not adding up.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're speaking of footy. Am I right in saying that you're a massive Western Bulldogs fan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I am a massive, massive Western Bulldogs fan like I was. I used to say long suffering, but of course then twenty sixteen happened, so now I'm quite content. Like Bulldogs fans aren't like Collingwood fans or Richmond fans or Adelaide Crow's fans who expect sustained success like We're just happy we fluked at once, like we're wrapped. We never thought it was going to happen. We are just like a guy who bought like the minimum lottery ticket into the lottery and just fleuke the right numbers one year when everybody else fell over with Steph and bradbreied it. We weren't the best team, we stole it in the finals, Like like a Western Bulldogs fan going through cars in the car park at the wind And Oval, like I know what happened, and I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's the Bulldogs. And then you know you made the West Coast Eagles in twenty eighteen and.
Speaker 2: You're like, what about that?
Speaker 3: So we stole that premiership?
Speaker 2: Oh mate? Can I say the West Coast Eagles by the way, Like what a football club where you can be the worst team in the competition by so far and you still get fifty thousand people to every home game, like they still have one hundred thousand members, like one hundred thousand members and they're terrible, Like that's amazing.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing about the Western Bulldogs is even if you don't bury it for them, everyone's got a little soft spot for the Bulldogs. And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I know why. I'll tell you why, Joe. It's easy. You don't have any ad memories against the Bulldogs. That's the thing, right, the reason you hate a team. The only teams that really are angry at the Bulldogs of the Sydneys Ones and maybe Melbourne a little, but they beat us still, so they shouldn't even be that mad at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also if you're a lady, and maybe if you're a man as well by myself, you've seen Bailey Smith and you're like, I think I lie the Dogs. Yeah, yeah, something about that young.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, I mean certainly something about him on Instagram, not much about him on the field at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't wait to welcome you back, and also for you to experience Glenelg for the first time. My god, please put some picks up on your Instagram.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. I mean, I can't believe it really that I'm going to Glenelg for the very first time in my life. So if you're a person in glend Elg who's never made the big trip into the city to see my show, this is your chance.
Speaker 1: And if you do want to go along it, give us call now thirteen twenty four to ten. You can win a double past to go and see we'll illuminate. Thank you so much for having a chat with us. It is absolutely always a pleasure, oh my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you.