Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Something to Talk About, the Stellar podcast. I'm Sarah Lamarquin, your host and the editor in chief of Stellar. Every week I sit down with some of the most talked about people in the country, and this week I'm joined by one of Australia's most beloved couples, Andy Lee and Rebecca Harding. When Andy and Beck announced their engagement earlier this year, there was a collective cheer because after ten years of dating, there'd been a lot of speculation about if and when they were going to make it official. Part of the business of being Andy Lee, a four time Gold Logi nominee and half of the hugely successful double act with longtime co host Hamish Blake, means a lot of people feel very invested in his personal life, but that investment, lovely as it is, can be a lot. How do he and Beck really feel about the constant questioning about when they're going to quote unquote settle down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm less worried about people asking questions. It's more their reaction to if you don't to answer them.
Speaker 1: As you're about to hear, Andy, you, for a very long time he wanted to marry Beck and on today's episode is something to talk about. They joined me to discuss how it happened, reveal whether planning what to wear to the logis or planning a wedding is more stressful, and share their differing opinions on the one question I refuse to ask them. Andy Lee and Rebecca Harding. Welcome to something to talk about.
Speaker 2: Nice to be welcomed.
Speaker 3: That's good, nice to be here.
Speaker 2: It's actually normally Beck and Andy, isn't it. The fact that I got introduced first is a triumph for me.
Speaker 3: Because that's the first time in your life.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean HAMI, she and Andy I've been seconds. I'm pretty used to.
Speaker 3: Thank you for giving him that.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you about that, because Beck, one of the first ever interviews that you did was actually Instella in twenty seventeen. I'm not sure if you remember it, and you actually were talking a little bit about You said, I used to get really annoyed if my photo was taken at an event and they described me as Andy Lee's girlfriend, Rebecca Harding, And then later you saw it written Rebecca Harding's boyfriend Andy Lee, and I was like, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: You know, just the small wins Rebecca had an annoying boyfriend, annoying fiance.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, now I get fiance. I don't mind. I don't mind it now yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fionce, it's a beautiful word. Congratulations on your recent engagement. It is a very big year for you. Next weekend is the Logis Andy, Congratulations for the Gold Logi nomination for you. Now, I will not ask you both what's more exciting getting engaged or being nominated for a Gold Logi, But I would like to ask you what dress code is more daunting.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you didn't ask what's more exciting Carlton Football Club having a raging time and getting to the finals as well. So there's a lot of excitement in my life at the moment.
Speaker 3: I think probably wedding dress code. That's not really in my wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: So I'm yeah, I've done it too often.
Speaker 3: You no, haven't done it before. I've done a few logis now, I mean, and he's pretty much you just wear.
Speaker 2: The same suit, well, not the same suit. Someone else will sort that out for me as well. That's been one of the great benefits of meetingback is definitely my wardrobes improved. She was pulling out still pulling out of my wardrobe t shirts that pre exist her and we've been going out for ten years, so they slowly get thrown away.
Speaker 3: Although let it be noted that he's actually wearing tracksuit pants today. I did tell him to wear some jeans and he said, this is being shot from waist up.
Speaker 1: He's going with the newsreader code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So it's still a work in progress that the wardrobe overhaul, but looking pretty polished ten years.
Speaker 2: I remember Zoe used to refer to as pig management phase. I feel like she had a larger job, a hard a bit of clay to mold that she's done a good job at Becks. Yeah, doing a similar thing try.
Speaker 1: I must say. Hamish has also been on the cover of Stella this past year and it was not nearly as glamorous as the cover shoot of the two of you today, so I would agree with that. I think that the you know, pig management program, job well done, Beck and Dandy, Bravo.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much appreciated.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk a little bit about the photo shoot. You have both been on the cover of Stellar before. I want to talk to you a little bit about that that was two years ago, but this is your first shoot and interview since your engagement in May of this year, and the concept for it is that you're really essentially going out for an evening out and we don't know where you're going. That's okay, it's the magic of you know, fashion narrative, darling. But Beck, you're not quite ready, and you are ready and sitting there like, so okay, come on, you know, let's get cracking fun. Fact, the concept for this shit was actually inspired by Kate Langbrook. She was a guest on the podcast Here with Me earlier this year, and we were talking about the discrepancy in time of preparation when you're leaving the house in a heterosexual couple, that the guys ready in a couple of minutes and the woman is not. We're talking about, of course, how that is played out in the media as well. So obviously, if you're on TV, everyone knows that women are sometimes in hair and makeup for two hours. The guys come in two minutes, the women are there silently fuming. I called it the glamour gap. Wanted to ask you a little bit about this. Obviously, the cover shoot today is is Heightens not real life. But was it a millly a scenario to both of.
Speaker 2: You, Well, it's just not my fault that I'm so attractive naturally, and don't reply look at the eye roll the I roll immediately for Beck me waiting around. Yes, that is a natural occurrence. But we've got a new rule. We've had a rule for about six seven years that if I'm ready, I just go.
Speaker 3: He just goes, and I'm like, please go, stop nagging me.
Speaker 2: Even to the same restaurant. I will go. And it saves that fight because I also like being on time. And then I get to the restaurant and normally there's a bar there and I can sit at the bar, and then fifteen minutes later Beck walks in and it's that wow moment of like, oh my gosh, she looks amazing. But I get it in the setting of a nice bar with a drink in my hand, not in the setting of me tapping on the bathroom and going, can you bloody hell hurry? And I recommend it. It is. It is. It is such a change in dynamic relationship. It's not so great for the environment if you have to double up on the ub. But I think it guarantees that you do come home together, so you actually so it's a net result because of the fight before heading out means that the dinner's not so fun.
Speaker 1: And probably more important that you're making the return trip home together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been making one way there.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you a little bit about the engagement if I can. If I'm prying too much, just say what you're probably saying to nosey relatives and friends like no, not be a misiness, but a couple of questions for each of you. Andy, I will start with you, when did you decide to pop the question? Were you sitting on that secret for a while? Because everyone knows there's always a little bit of that period where if there's a buying a ring or planning or picking the moment, what do I feel comfortable telling us?
Speaker 2: How dare you? Next question? I'll look, I knew for a long time that I wanted to marry Beck. I think what's strange about engagements is, you know, traditionally speaking, anyone can propose to anyone as far but traditionally speaking, stereotypically it's the male. So we know for a long time and it's not a surprise to us. In fact, it's the least surprising day because you've spent so much time planning it. And I underestimated how surprised everyone else would be, how surprised Beck would be, how surprised our families would be, etc. Because, as you know, the boy, I was like, oh, hang on, no, surely everyone assumed this was going to happen. We've been going out for ten years, so I think, you know, six months maybe too. Eight months was when really started thinking about it. I think I knew for years. I did the traditional thing of asking Beck's parents, not just the father. I thought i'd ask the mum, and I asked Beck's sister as well, because obviously her parents will die, and so I still want the blessing of popawee when the god.
Speaker 3: I feel like the sisters almost more important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was nice nice to chat to them about it. And then I I also asked my parents. I just thought I always thought it's strange to go on us the blessing of the parents. I didn't ask permission because I don't think your dad owns you way, so I always think that's slightly outdated as far as the tradition. But I asked for their blessing. I asked the same for my mum and dad. They said a hard no, but I've got I've gone forth and done it anyway.
Speaker 1: Well you got Beck's sister on side, so I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, it was it was five people and it was just three, two just in favor of doing it. So so that was nice. And then I mean, they're getting I chose to get the ring. I chose to pick it and and hope that Beck liked it, and that would have absolutely been the most nervouracking part of the whole experience, and getting it there on time to the actual proposal.
Speaker 3: I think I was actually a little bit late.
Speaker 2: Do you remember how late you were?
Speaker 3: So you met their guests, doesn't matter. We went home together.
Speaker 2: Over an hour.
Speaker 1: But she looked amazing when she showed up.
Speaker 3: No, I actually didn't. The dog did because I was late because I was picking up our dog from the groomers. So she'd had a beautiful blowwave. Iye, unfortunately, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I love those priorities. Beck Gandy said that he was surprised that people were surprised, including you. What's your memory of that moment?
Speaker 3: Oh, it was just happiness. I mean, it's the it's such a nice feeling to know that someone I don't know has gone and put all of this effort into something to ask you to spend the rest of their life with you. I mean, I think for us, we've been dating for ten years, so I kind of was like, maybe getting married is not for us. I don't know there was enough in our life that I knew that we were going to. He was serious about me.
Speaker 2: I had a mixture of it it's about time from people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what most people said.
Speaker 2: And then the occasional well I thought you'd never do it, So it was an interesting response from people.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was really nice and it's interesting something that I'd never really thought about. But it does change your relationship. You know, We've got this new little spark. And I think just having so many people who are important to you around you so happy for you is like a nice little boost.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think we underestimated that as well. You underestimate how happy people are for you. And I suppose there's not too many milestones in life that are surprising to your friends. The birthdays come around and everyone knows that they're going to celebrate the thirtieth or fortieth, et cetera.
Speaker 3: But the child birth, you've got nine months, You've got.
Speaker 2: A hell of a run up. So yeah, this is one of the few things in life which is a genuine surprise for everybody, so that natural reaction is pretty special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there does seem to have been a huge outpouring of public support outside of obviously, of course your friends and family, and.
Speaker 2: They're mainly bots, mainly bots from Russia, and we've got obviously a huge social media team taking out all the people trolling are saying this will never work and not giving their blessings. So yeah, it's very curated.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you a little bit about that expectation Russian bots, aside from people that you've never met who are like, when when you're going to get married? When's it happening? I could imagine that that would be a double edged sword, because a generous sort of interpretation is that that's well meaning people are invested in the quote unquote happy ending, you know, when so and so going to settle down, But of course there's all also a pressure and a sense of other people's expectations. When you last spoke to Stella, a couple of years ago to our features writer Chavon Duck, and you were talking about how sometimes you would if you were being trailed when the two of you were together by paparazzi, you would even sometimes like stage a proposal. There was a time at an airport carousel just to sort of troll the media.
Speaker 2: Be hated that more than that joke got banned unfortunately, which is I thought was one of my favorites. Every time I saw a pap I would just drop the knee and propose, even if I was picking up dog poo in the park and I saw the just turned into a proposal. But yeah, no, Beck didn't find that as funny. Do you used to find it funny now in retrospect that we.
Speaker 3: Are going, oh like a little bit.
Speaker 1: Thing that one on ice for a bit, Beck, so that when the real thing happened, you knew it wasn't my trolling.
Speaker 3: I mean, but did I I don't know. I think that. I mean, Andy doesn't like being told what to do, and so in my mind I was like, can everyone please stop pressuring him to propose to me because he's not going to do it.
Speaker 2: And I think you're putting too much weight on what I think of public opinions when it comes to my personal choices. But yeah, I didn't it certainly bothered. I'd be fair to say that it bothered you more than it bothered me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I mean you've got a few more years experience dealing with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's not fun. I think that's part of it that you go, okay, if this is affecting your partner, and that they're the parts where you know would affect me, not necessarily affect me, the direct message, but how it affects Beck. So yeah, I mean we've had this discussion many times back where it's like, let's not let any other people's behavior dictate what we want to do. And I think as a society, we that's what society is. We follow a certain amount of rules, and some of them are legitimate rules, like don't murder the next door neighbor, and I think that's a good one to abide by, but there's a lot of other ones that are kind of constitutional or intrinsic that aren't necessarily meant for everyone to follow. And the fact that we took our time my love.
Speaker 1: Also on the topic of dealing with other people's expectations or as you've both answered, not dealing with other people's expectations. It's your life, and especially for you Andy, who've navigated Spotlight for a very long time, as Becker said, that's something that you have become accustomed to, really keen to ask each of you separately your thoughts on being asked when you're going to start a family for you specifically, but also just as a culture. Now you may or may not know this are regular listeners of this podcast, certainly where we're to have a policy at Stella that was enacted five years ago by me that we actually don't ask people that we're interviewing for Stella and Astella podcast here are you planning to have a baby. If somebody has a child, when you're going to give them a brother or a sister, we just don't ask about it. It was an evolution of really, I suppose me as a journalist, us as a media and just trying to take a little stance that I don't personally think it's an appropriate question. Now a lot of people disagree. A lot of people think that we just kind of need to get over ourselves so you can't ask anything anymore. So I'm really curious in your respective thoughts, not necessarily on Stella's policy, because I'm shocked when I hear people say to somebody male or female, when are you're going to have a child? And do you still ask that question quite recently? Can I start with you what your thoughts are about us still asking people that question in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the question should you when you're going to get to aviseect me? It's the next natural step for rolling or eyes again. Oh look, I'm fine with anyone asking me anything. It's just my choice whether I want to answer it. I don't. I personally wouldn't like, but that's my own decision and moral decisions. I don't think in this world that we should be making forcing that upon anyone what they should and shouldn't be asking or saying. I think we are a bit too full on in that regard, and I think when people feel a pressure to answer those things is the problem far more than the actual question being asked. I love the fact that you guys have made that decision, and I think that just allows the question to come up that people can either follow and think about, because on the most part, people don't put that deep thinking into things there. They don't. I don't think there's clandestine motives behind people that ask tricky questions. Sometimes it's just what came to mind is what they're interested in, and they're not really considering how that might make someone feel, whether they could even have children in this particular respects. So, yeah, I'm less worried about people asking questions. It's more their reaction to if you don'tant to answer them, that is troublesome. And if someone said, oh, look, I don't feel comfortable saying that, leave that out of your interview, don't print all guarded by this, or you know or won't answer that. I think that's where, you know, for love a better turn. This idea of a wokeness is where people are repelling or rebelling against because we don't know what to say and we're not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt when they come up with these type of questions. And if we let everyone the freedom to just say, oh, I don't feel comfortable answering that, and that's the end of it and it's not included, I think we're in a much safest spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's so many great points that you've made there, Andy, and I Beck would love obviously to get your thoughts on this, and I also think a lot of it is well meaning. When we announce the policy, I actually put it through the context of being at a table with a couple of female friends. For myself, for instance, before I had my children. My boys are now fifteen and almost thirteen, and I had experienced a few miscarriages trying to start a family, and I was with these two female friends who were like, when are you going to have kids? You'd be married for years, all of that sort of thing, and it was so well meaning, and they would have been so heartbreak and that I'm there thinking, oh my gosh, if you only knew so for me, that was it because I know it comes from a good place, but I learned the hard way and then thought, well, well, intentions, whether it's an aunt or a friend asking you at Christmas lunch or at coffee, it can be hurtful. I suppose that was the genesis exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's exactly that you never know what's going on behind the scenes for someone. So I think that just eliminating that question, I understand what you're saying Andy, but I think by eliminating that question is so important because you're not bringing up those feelings for someone if they potentially are going through that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I agree with you. Yeah. So my stance is the same as yours on that I don't think you should be asked. But I also and.
Speaker 3: It's not so easy for everyone to someone who might be going through that to just be like, oh no, I don't feel comfortable answering that question. It might actually bring on a whole lot of other emotion for them.
Speaker 2: So now I agree with you, and I think the part is, though, I think that where we come down hard on people that just haven't thought through, as in the question the person questioning. And then that's why I say that insteall of making this policy, it does allow people to ponder it and perhaps it permeates the problem that sorry, this issue that hang on, this might be triggering for someone, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: And coming up when you're in one of the most high profile relationships in the country, how much do you choose to share and what do you keep to yourselves? I ask Gandy and Beck when we return a question that I think I think a lot of people ask themselves, whether they have a profile or not, is how much do I share on my social media accounts? And do you? Of course, co host one of the biggest podcasts in the country along with your longtime collaborator Hamish Blake. I imagine there've been plenty of times maybe where you've overshared or is that just not something that you even think about. We've talked a little bit about how people feel that they own a part of you.
Speaker 2: Yes. Sorry, I normally when I get home and get in trouble from Beckers, why do you do that? I have no problem sharing pretty much everything as a look that is troublesome for beck at times and my friends and family at times. But yeah, I think that's been look part of the deal. Like I love Hamish, I love doing the podcast, love doing the radio show, love doing the one hundred because it's got all these everyday people up on the screen. I love talking connect with every day people and the funniest stuff comes out from what they share, and so I feel like I want to share back. And so when it's open and fun and people going to get contribute, that's where the most excitement lies. And I think the shows that it's best. So it's been our natural place, but it's such a safe environment and that's what's different with on our pod. I feel really comfortable talking about anything because that's where it sits, and you know the environment, and it's the intention of the environment is really clear. It's when people pull quotes from that to turn into a daily mail article and all that kind of stuff. I can see the adverse effect in it, but it's certainly not going to change the way that I approach.
Speaker 1: It because you have built a community there, which is why it is a safe space Beck, And he said, sometimes he comes home you think maybe he's overshared. Has that become easier?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to pop out?
Speaker 3: It's still a work in progress. Yeah, there's there's times where he gets home and I'm like, did you have to share that story? But at the end of the day, I mean, you know, they're funny stories, and that's Australia loves hearing his funny life and funny observation, so it is. Yeah, it's always and it's always in good fun as well. So I just constantly remind myself of that whenever I'm getting angry at him for telling a story. That's yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: All be a cooling off periods of a round about twenty four to forty eight hours. What I think is interesting though on this, and I think why it is such a fun out loud on the podcast and why you come around to enjoying it Beck. If I can go as far as to say that hi, eyebrowsing for people just listening to this from Beck is we are conditioned at the moment through social media for everything to be perfect, and that's where all these filters are invented, and these ring lights and these angles and all that stuff and little reminders that we're all not. I think people gravitate towards and that's what makes it so fun. And I know it's you know, people talk about brands, et cetera. It's my brand just to be me and muck around. And Beck's obviously a beautiful woman, a model, and an amazing business in Louis that is, you know, high end shavers, etc. So me sharing some parts about her life that might in align with that brand probably is more troublesome for her. But I think overall, we just want to know what people are really like in life, and I think that's where the fun lies.
Speaker 1: Speaking of brands, I wanted to talk to you both specifically about your work. Becka might start with you and has just mentioned Louis there. When we first interviewed you in Stella, I think back in twenty seventeen, it was in that interview you were talking about how seeing Andy and how passionately committed he was to his work, and obviously somebody who had found something that he loves doing and works so hard at it had really had a great effect on you. And I'm sure a lot of people listening would understand because we all get told all the time, you know, find something that you love and you'll never work a day in your life. But when you have the privilege of seeing it in somebody in your orbit, especially if it is somebody that you're seeing every day like a partner, can you tell me a little bit about how that has shaped your commitment to launching your own business and your work ethic.
Speaker 3: I suppose yeah. I mean, just seeing Andy do what he does every day is very inspiring, and I think I said that in that interview. He also has taught me over the years to like do something that steps out of your comfort zone every day and and push it to put like he's taught me to push myself, which I think is really great. I also had never even thought of launching my own business before, and I think being around Andy, who has a few businesses that he's constantly working on, sort of made it feel accessible to me, which was really great. And also seeing how long projects take, you know, I think as a consumer, I always saw the end. You always see the end product, and you don't see the years of hard work behind the scenes of how to get how it got to that point. So yeah, I think that just watching being able to sort of have a front row seat to that as made me realize that I can do that. Anyone can do it really if you just apply yourself.
Speaker 2: I know I jump in that, sorry said just to say that like, while i'm and you can correct me if I'm wrong, But while I'm supportive, hopefully super supportive of what Beck's doing, I didn't really help particulate the start because so I just want to make that clear that you built this all on your own, well with Ingrid as well when you found each other. But I was really conscious of not stepping in. I'm a bit of a control freak as well, and I have my ideas and drive things, and I was conscious of not doing that just at the start, just to see whether the Becks are actually serious about.
Speaker 3: There were times where I was like, what is this legal document? I have to say, He's like google it.
Speaker 2: And so you know, we can talk to the to each other about these things. But as far as Beck building this business, it has been by herself. And you know, I'm just so impressed that, like I said, hopefully'm supporting along the way. And yeah, I can answer some of those questions, but there was never a point where I was sitting down trying to drive it at all. It's been on your own back, which has been pretty cool to watch.
Speaker 3: Well, you did help though what I was just saying, by being able to allowing me to watch you do what you do.
Speaker 2: I know. But some people have gone, oh, he must have helped build that. I've I've seen those type of comments that I just want to put a real rig Lie.
Speaker 3: No, Andy has got no idea about the female shaving category, nor should.
Speaker 1: It's so frustrating. And I know certainly that Hay mission Zoe have spoken out about the same thing. That that assumption that one person is helping the other in a way that is just a really dismissive of the achievement.
Speaker 3: Although I do write all of Andy's jokes so.
Speaker 1: Well, well, look, I was going to ask Beck if Andy wins Gold LOGI next week, have you written.
Speaker 3: The acceptance speech? I have actually written the exception.
Speaker 2: Tell you what she has been is the Because these are tough things to talk about, the gold logan. They talk about campaigning, and it's definitely not I don't feel comfortable telling people to go and vote for me, et cetera. It's not in my wheelhouse. But it's very much to think every time we're at a cafe and just paying for the bill, or the other day we're at a clothing store and Beck has said to the guy, I hate guy just bagging up the T shirt, ands and pants that I bought. Hey, have you voted for Addy for the gold loggie? This was like the coolest hips at twenty year old who would have hadn't probably watched a TV in his live he said to kind of nod along as my PR agent over here was trying to get.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you can just pop it in your phone. It's TV logis do.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that Beck.
Speaker 1: But there we go, one more vote, one more vote, inching.
Speaker 3: You towards it.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: Next, how Andy went from being Check's Notes an accountant to a gold Logi nominee, and why his friendship with Hamish Blake feels like winning the lottery. Your nomination is for the hundred Andy Challenge here if you would like to maybe reference an analogy to the hundred when I ask you about your co host on the Mega Hit podcast, Hamish and Andy, I'm speaking, of course about two time gold Logi winn a Hamish Blake nominated this year. Though I guess that's the end of your friendship, is it?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I hope. I mean at the moment, whoever is holding a gold Logi, which is obviously him, it's the most recent win. You have to do everything for them. So in the morning he'll call me auf to go his coffee. I have to open the door and he gets there. Here he relies on this red carp of being laid out sometime, pedals, flowers of his choice, all.
Speaker 4: That kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So it would be nice to win one, just so he has to do that for me for a little bit, because it has been quite a strain on me for ten years.
Speaker 1: And you'll be equally low maintenance. All you require is a red carpet where you walk into the kitchen to put the coffee on. Hamish was on the podcast with me a few months ago and I asked him about your partnership and your friendship and he said, I.
Speaker 4: Think the fun part about and and I is we're very different people but that have found an amazing but on some levels, like we've never met anyone more similar, Like there are some parts of a personality that completely lock like lego if I may use a slight piece of cross promotion, but we're also extremely different pieces. So you know there are this is actually a perfect analogy. There are some studs and anti studs that will go together, but we're like totally different pieces too, So that's the beauty. I think that's a bit of our relationship. I think we like the bits that we do together. We're in complete lockstep, and we love that we have very separate lives too.
Speaker 1: Like I say, I wanted to give you the opportunity to respond to that, and extra points if you do manage to come up with an analogy that references the hundred pass No.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean our relationships really extraordinary. I'm grateful for it. Every single day. We tell each other those things quite often, the fact that I was going to be an accountant at university and that I met a guy that made me laugh and I made him laugh and we thought, oh, we should try and change our trajectory. When you say about people winning the lottery, I when I met Ham and it changed my life forever. But unlike winning the lottery, friends can't come and ask whether they can have some money or some fame's time, so it's really it has been really special. Hamespot On. I mean we've always encouraged each other to do things on our own and be individuals because obviously that's what you want to do in life, and that's that keeps people happy. And if we're happy that our shows are always better. But it also there's another part to it, which is we just bring back heaps of learnings, you know, every time. When Hay went off to do Lego Masters, it was such an amazing achievement because I don't think anyone could have bought that show to life except for him. It's people putting Lego together for goodness sake, and he managed to make it so entertaining, and the learnings that I asked him before I launched the hundred is like, how'd you go about this? And what did you do here? Even though it was my own individual pursuit. It was just so grateful that we can learn of each other. To use an analogy from the hundred, one hundred percent of me is super grateful for the friendship we've got. And yeah, we're traveling through life at slightly different stages, which is also interesting and interesting for any friendship. He's obviously paving the way on weddings and family life, so it's great to be able to lean on him when I have those type of discussions like hey, did you get a ring? And what did you do when you proposed, etc. And then there's other parts that he leans back on me, And I think that's the key to our friendship, is that we're really comfortable with both of us doing exactly what we want. And if you give each other that freedom and then still look sideways and see that he's right there smiling back, you go, Okay, we've been allowed to go in any direction we want, but we're still kind of together. I think that's really.
Speaker 1: Special It's hard for me, and I think all of Australia to imagine a world in which Andy had been an accountant rather than being Andy Lee that we know today. Would you agree with that.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent? I mean, you'd be the most exciting, hilarious accountant out there. It may he might actually make like tax time more fun.
Speaker 2: I still like balancing his spreadsheet though data.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, which he's doing all of that. On the renovation, he's doing all of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to keep that under wrapt, under control.
Speaker 1: Sorry, well this was my final question and I do have to let you go, but that's right. I was going to ask you about the renovations. So the last cover that we did with Stella, we shot you on location of the property that you've bought, that it had crumbling walls. I believe the line was the only residents at that time were pigeons and various rodents. You've got a lot going on, You're planning a wedding. How is the renovation going amid all of that.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a big muddy pit at the moment, but it's changed a lot since you guys were last there. We've opened up all the ceilings, yeah, we got rid of the pigeon, although the pigeon actually keeps on coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, would it be fair to say Beck that this is more at the moment, we were more in andy phase of the house, yes, which is discussing what air conditioning units might be appropriate and the mechanical systems and a bit of budget stuff and the drilling. But I know, digging and digging, Yeah, excavations.
Speaker 3: We've got over one hundred days of excavation work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, excavation, So there's a there's a lot to be done. That's mainly because we found a lot of rock, which is not great unfortunately. But I'm happy to rewrining this side of things. I find it fascinating the way that they build, not inn building and so on. So it's for another podcast. Will bore people here, but I'm learning all about that, and and the team is amazing Flak Studio. The architects are just putting together such a beautiful design. But also they're just the best in the world or amongst them. You know, they've got an Architectural Digest top hundred for their interior designs as well. And so that'll be when Beck comes to gets tagged in for me, she'll go because I don't know no idea about that, but David Flack and Beck will be able to launch into that stuff soon enough. And then we've since picked a builder. There's a group called Visioneer who have been extraordinary to work with. Quite a young team that are our site managers of project manager with the first there's Luke who's out there today. He runs the site and he gets on diggers and so on. And then Hamish, she's very handsome not there, Yeah, very handsome, but I thought he was about early twenties. When I first got told that he was the project man, I was like, are we really letting this kid in charge this? But he is. He's actually just the young looking adult that is very impressive. So it's been fun to meet new people. I love collaborations. This is a hell of a big one. We've got so many people on site, and yeah, people can follow it as we kind of upload a few more bits and pieces as the new as the next month's go.
Speaker 3: On, when we start talking like finishes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's Beck will step back here.
Speaker 3: Furniture paint samples, that's yeah, that's when the exciting stuff on the Instagram.
Speaker 4: Will start out okay.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, we'll give us a call when that happens. Back when I come back and do another shoot. Andy Lee, Rebecca Harding, thank you both so much for your time. Andy all the best next week at the Logis and Beck for you as well. I look forward to hearing his acceptance speech at Wink Wink. Andy Lee is the host of the one hundred on nine and co host of the Hamish and Andy podcast, and Rebecca Harding is the founder of Louis. You will find links and more information to both in our show notes. Thank you both.
Speaker 3: Again, Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: If you've enjoyed this episode, make sure you're following us because we'll be back with another exclusive guest on Something to talk About next week.