Speaker 1: Apogee Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mum Podcast. We're on Instagram as well if you want to send us any of your memes.
Speaker 3: We love the memes, the love memes, love the mum memes, and there's plenty of them.
Speaker 1: They're never short at all.
Speaker 3: I do have a slight problem at the moment, which is more due to timing of the year, but it is coming out Halloween.
Speaker 2: You participating, Yeah, well, I'm concentrating on Birthday in November and then Christmas, which I've done nothing for.
Speaker 3: Okay, Halloweens before that. Yeah, I know that, just like only a couple of weeks away.
Speaker 2: I just I sort of get away of not doing much of Halloween anymore. There was definitely a time where we would all dress up as a family and we'd all go to or treating and they'd want the decorations and stuff, which, by the way, I see people who absolutely love Halloween and they go all out. I really cannot justify spending money on Halloween stuff when it's one night.
Speaker 1: It's one day, one day.
Speaker 2: Christmas decorations you can have up for a couple of weeks longer if you want.
Speaker 1: If you have one of those people.
Speaker 2: I feel like Halloween is literally one day you've got the one day.
Speaker 3: We are in a situation where same thing, we're still like backtrack from you in that situation of the girls enjoying it. Then also the fact that we're in an estate where everyone not everyone, but we have a large portion of it that have young kids that like Halloween that then expect lollies.
Speaker 1: From our house. Yep, I don't have the heart to even just like close the gate and pretelose and pretend that I'm not there. But this year've come.
Speaker 3: Up with a little like sort of a sticky point in the sense that Gracie wants to do her own thing and not be a part of the family. And I was sort of like, well, I don't think we should do anything because it's also a dance night. And I was like, but I paid for dance, like your dance lissons. I paid for them.
Speaker 1: That is like priority at the moment, and time does dance finish? Six thirty too late?
Speaker 3: I've already given all the candy out to every other person's children that are walking the streets taking them. I'm telling you, like, we have people at I would say like maybe quarter past five five o'clock and then it's peak out five to like six point thirty, maybe the stragglers at six forty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. I genuinely last year got a knock on the door, opened it, saw the kids dressed up, and went, oh shit, it's Halloween.
Speaker 1: Did you throw them a loaf of bread or something? Oh shit, it's Halloween. I've got no here take it.
Speaker 2: No, Because I always keep the lollies that the kids get heaps from the previous year. I was just putting them all out again. I don't let them eat that many lollies on the years because they have been trick or treating, so I just keep them in a contentment. They just come out again, Babe, they're off probably about seven years old.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad.
Speaker 3: Mom for resenting giving up my Friday Night?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Friday night lights?
Speaker 2: No, you're not a bad mum for resenting. I would absolutely do the same.
Speaker 3: So Friday Nights for us is now little athletics like I started that last year. Put my name down for the committee this year.
Speaker 2: Yeap.
Speaker 1: I haven't been to one meeting. Worst committee member ever?
Speaker 2: What does that involve?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I said to them I definitely put my name down for the committee and I'm happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Just don't give me any jobs.
Speaker 2: So you're just a name. You're just like a name on the committee members board. You don't do anything. There's committing to any.
Speaker 3: I commit every Friday night when I turn up and take my child to the under tens group, and then I have to sort of do the recording or like the measuring, and it's not just my child doing it, it's everyone else's.
Speaker 2: So what does the rest of the committee do.
Speaker 3: They are really proactive, and really it's a really good committee. Actually, they all are really lovely people that just get in and like they run the Friday night so there's like from the sausage sizzle to like the guy handing out numbers, and.
Speaker 2: So they find it really beneficial having a part of it.
Speaker 1: I'm a big part of their team.
Speaker 3: And I think it's already been week five, maybe week four. Anyway, I've been once to take my child to little athletics. We've missed like three to four weeks of Friday nights because Friday nights, you know how they just back up, they're just busy. And then she was away and Cloncurry and then so it's just a number of things. So then when I finally did turn up on Friday night, I got the old.
Speaker 1: Ah, I didn't think you were coming back. Didn't think you were coming back.
Speaker 3: As I was driving there, I was like, oh, man, I love I love.
Speaker 1: What we do. I love what we give our kids, the opportunities that all the rest.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, Friday nights are tough. Friday nights are so tough.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would sign up for them to do anything on a Friday night. I think I would just tell them that it's not on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I tried that for so many years, and then she really wanted to laugh.
Speaker 2: Then they got older.
Speaker 1: Now they're smart, they go, Mom's just telling us shit.
Speaker 2: It's like when they get to that point where they can actually tell the time, and so when you tell them it's like eight o'clock, they're going to bed and it's actually six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, idea, it's a dead giveaway.
Speaker 3: Mum.
Speaker 1: The sun is still.
Speaker 2: Well, it's summer.
Speaker 3: I think the way that I look at it is now when we go on a Friday night, the only positive is that.
Speaker 1: There is no I'm trying to think of it. Oh, the sausage sizzle.
Speaker 3: I don't have to cook dinner for the kids because my kids love the sausage sizzle. So that's my positive to Little Athletics is that they feed my children. I'm still paying for it, of course, but they at least I don't have to cook.
Speaker 2: I've got a friend, in fact, we've got a friend whose daughter does gymnastics on a Friday night and he takes a flask with wine in it, like a water bottle, Like it's disguised as a water bottle.
Speaker 3: I think it's a dead giveaway though, when you rock up every Friday night with the same water bottle, it's like, oh, yeah, we're doing it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you get happier and happier, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get more friendlier and you want to chat about random things.
Speaker 2: And then you get by with your kids.
Speaker 3: I would love to have one on the way to like Little Athletics, or before going to the I've still got to drive there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that's the thing that's only really helpful and doable if you live in walking distance of the place that.
Speaker 1: You're going to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely don't. So, yeah, that's the Friday nights of I guess it's until the end of February for us. I think it's February or March. It goes through till so there goes the Fridays.
Speaker 2: I held off, I think probably until the girls were like maybe seven or eight. I held off from any weekend sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, we're not doing things like Saturday morning at six am, Like, that's not happening in this house. We doing it, and we then did have yeah with ice skating, Yeah, ice skating and dancing, we had Saturday mornings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did get.
Speaker 2: To that stage and now and now, rach we're at the stage where Amelia on Saturday has a shift from.
Speaker 1: Eight till eleven, so.
Speaker 2: She nationally needs to be dropped at work all different things. And even she was like, ugh eight am. I went, yeah, but you'd be done by eleven, that's what time you normally get out of bed. She was like, oh, yeah, I'll have a whole day still and of her money and yeah, see, how good because teenagers don't like to get up in the morning. And Rache, I'm surprised that Holly even got a job because when she went to her interview, they asked her what days and time she could work, and she was like, I can work anytime, like outside of school hours, anytime. And she went, oh, really, that's excellent, So like six am, and Holly went, no, jokes, right, And I cannot believe she got off of the job after this. Holly went, oh, no, maybe like twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it, start at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I said to her.
Speaker 2: When she said to you, oh, watch her like six am. You just say yes, yes, absolutely, anytime. I can do anytime six am is absolutely fine. What you've said now is nah, I don't want this job badly enough that can't be asked. Definitely not getting up earlier, sending an alarm for it. So pop me in in the.
Speaker 1: Afternoon from twelve. I can't. My body actually doesn't work until twelve.
Speaker 2: And what time can you work till?
Speaker 1: Like one?
Speaker 3: Three hours