Speaker 1: Hey guys, I just mentioned before the song there's changes coming to schools here in Victoria, Victoria and New South Wales. Actually, effective from July twenty one, the first day of term three, Victorian Principles will now have the authority to suspend or expel students who are court assaulting, bullying, or threatening their peers and teachers outside of school hours.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's not just on school ground now, it's on school grounds.
Speaker 1: Of course, I've always had that power. This would probably be a bit controversial because some people will be like, oh, you know, they're outside of school hours, they shouldn't have any power.
Speaker 3: So immediately what springs to mind is online bullying, which is just can cause extraordinary emotional distress for young people.
Speaker 2: And families include online, yes.
Speaker 1: Online, and they're targeting that as well as in persons. A lot of kids go and do sports teams with kids that they go to school with. As a parent, I think this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I mean it's a step forward, especially in the online world, because I imagine for school that's been something that has been difficult to navigate as technology.
Speaker 2: And people's online presence as a whole.
Speaker 1: As a parent, you'd bring the school and be like, look, you know timmy's getting bullied. You got to do something, and they're like, mate.
Speaker 4: It's about Well, it's good, but it also I mean it's another thing that school and teachers have to worry about.
Speaker 2: Shurely.
Speaker 4: Teachers are like, once you leave the school grounds, they're the parents' responsibility.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess this is all about the principal now, so hopefully they're compensated for that.
Speaker 2: It's tricky, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But if you want the top job the.
Speaker 4: Principal, you've got to watch four hundred five hundred kids.
Speaker 2: That's pretty heavy.
Speaker 1: Were you scared of your principal growing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister Frederickson, we had we had mister Dickenson.
Speaker 2: He was the best.
Speaker 4: And then our whole I think because my school had a few different campuses, and the principle of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Her name was doctor Drennan. O.
Speaker 1: Doctor Trennan sounds.
Speaker 4: Actually lovely, but the name doctor Drennon sounded really intimidating.
Speaker 1: Lauren got to see my kids ex school principle. I loved him.
Speaker 2: I was scared of him. Mister Berry, mister Jerry was telling people off.
Speaker 1: Was at the school production God Love Lost. She came to watch the school production and some parents were taking photos and video of the school.
Speaker 4: Production and mister Bolling Jerry was shuffling down the roads going no filming allowed.
Speaker 2: What was mister Bolling Jerry so worried about that people were going to post their.
Speaker 1: Kids on No then they can't sell the video because it's all about you got to buy.
Speaker 4: Sub and Jerry was trying to make coin for the Catholic School.
Speaker 1: The Catholic School need of course to buy a new payment bill.
Speaker 2: How much was the video?
Speaker 1: I was filming my kid with a phone.
Speaker 2: On one on the video.
Speaker 4: Seeing it once you made sit through it more than enough.
Speaker 2: I think we need to have it. Have it as slide man, non core. Let's watch it again, Dad, it is just past night.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials so