Speaker 1: Apoche Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Behind the Drakes.
Speaker 1: I'm your host Brent Draper aka Drakes, and I'm Sean.
Speaker 2: Lee Draper, and we're here to talk about stuff according to us.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's Draper here and.
Speaker 1: I was naked on the Golkos Highway. Yoh, buddy, is made to give birth. You are a strong woman. All right?
Speaker 2: This morning, we're doing something a little bit different. We've got Stu and Matt here from Ancestral Nutrition. These guys here. We actually had him on the podcast last week and we started.
Speaker 4: Talking a little bit about breakfast, and I was really intrigued, and so Stu actually told me what he has for breakfast, which is like mince and eggs, just very very basic.
Speaker 2: But he's not a foodie.
Speaker 1: He eats food for fuel.
Speaker 2: But I thought today we could cook him up. I'll do my version mass chef version, of course, and I'll cook stews and we can have a little bit of fun with it. But I've never had mints for breakfast. I've been sort of on the breakfast train, off the breakfast train, fasting, not fasting. But you know, since we had our chat, I am very intrigued getting those whole foods in at the start of the day with a little bit of that primal energy just to really get things going. And let's get into it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want my breakfast to take a long time to make because that would be a roadblock. And I think if we have roadblocks, then we start to question ourselves whether, for one we'd actually do it. So it is literally I called it a two minute breakfast because it takes me two minutes eggs in mate, to crack them straight in and mix it, stir it all together. That way, the eggs cook really quickly.
Speaker 3: Obviously his breakfast it's full of essentially a lot for the day of food. Yeah, we're going to.
Speaker 1: Organs off of some very unique nutritional ingredients that you can't get anywhere else in that form. You can do this in two ways. You can just chuck in the capsule. Essentially you're just having another pass that filling in these nutritional gaps that could occur. Super easy, super tasty.
Speaker 5: It's an easy supercharge to boost what's already a good bass bung providing your big kick of the bee vitamins, yeah, which is really important for energy.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's a great way to make something good great. I like to use the phrase that if breakfast looks like breakfast, then you're onto a bit of a losing streak there, because typical breakfast would be cereals, pastries, toasts like very kind of quick carbi convenience sugary snacks, which just sets you up for failure for the day. And so this is just a really easy way to get going. And if you didn't want to do this every day, not that I do this every day, but typically olie last night's leftovers for breakfast, curry, chili, bolonnaise, roast, whatever it is. I'll just have another servant and that for breakfast, like it's a big meal.
Speaker 3: So would you say that because you have such a big breakfast not all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, hitting the GM like you and doing that.
Speaker 6: Would you say that would be a more healthier way?
Speaker 1: Look, I would just say eat three real meals, eat till you're full. See how you feel like if you need to snack, then you haven't eaten sufficient from your last meal. And again it's going to be dependent on the activities that you're doing any given day, Like, yeah, I like to go to the gym, I cycle to work. What can be manual. You know, I'm active all the time, so I need a lot of fuel.
Speaker 5: I think what you said about heading to your full and how you feel is super important. So you know, if you have a big breakfast like this and you're working in an office right and your day may not be as busy as say Stews, then if you get to dinner time and you don't need a big mail, still have a meal, but it's going to be a nice, healthy one that's similar principles to this, but it can be smaller and that's all your body needs. So I think, you know, listening to your body and eating for what it's telling you is probably equally as important as what.
Speaker 1: You're putting in protein and fat dominant, which is really important.
Speaker 5: I think the key is for Stews version is that a couple of eggs, a little bit of mints for something that's going to fuel you all day. It's one it's healthy, but two it's actually quite affordable. So you can go to the supermarket and get some mince and eggs. It's going to last you for a few days and it's not going to break the bank. So as unglamorous as it might be in comparison to yours. It's going to serve the function of giving you a good basis, good energy for the day. And it is cheap. It's going to be cheaper than any cereally buy. It's going to be cheap than in it toast you buy and all.
Speaker 1: The rest of it.
Speaker 5: So there's the aesthetics, it's how it looks, and there's a master chef version, and then there's a version that if you can only afford that, it's going to fill the gaps you need and it's going to set you up.
Speaker 1: And the test is in how you feel like have it for breakfast? Try it? Yeah, it goes against the curve ball of what a conventional breakfast should be. But how do you feel after and when do you feel like you need to eat next?
Speaker 5: As a master chef, as any good chef, what's the most important ingredient you're going to put in any dish that's going to make it really nice? If you just had one ingredient you wanted to put in that, you're going to take it from bland to something nice.
Speaker 1: What is it? Salt?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: So as much as that might look simple and what not look as good as yours, salt transforms everything and Not only is it a flavor enhancer, but it's so damn important for your health.
Speaker 1: It's critically important.
Speaker 5: I cook the mints a little bit longer till it starts to go a bit crispy, you know, you get that more dried out mince. Then I put the eggs in, and then I take it off the heat right and use the residual heat in that pan. You only do it till the eggs just start to set, and it ends up being a source. So you end up with the most moist version of that, and it's still there's nothing processed in there.
Speaker 1: But what you've got there is you haven't got a base of the true superfood. They'll keep you feeling full. They'll provide you with all the essential vitamins, minerals and micronutrients that you need. They'll assist you in whatever you're doing during the day, step aside Green's powders and all this fancy rubbish that don't provide you the building blocks of life. I don't like to cook, but I can put a meal together in five minutes that covers all of the bases. It's like the matrix. You know, when the matrix you see the code flickering down. I can read that code, and I know that everything that I eat has got everything that I need, and I can do it in a split second. It doesn't take a lot of effort to figure out what you need to get the best out of each and every meal in record time. I do chicken mints, turkey mints, porkmnts, beef mints. If you have capsules, just throw capsules into a smoothie. You don't need to break them. They're gelatin capsules, so you're getting gelatin collagen in there as well. It will dissolve in your mouth, but the blender just breaks it up. You don't taste it, feel it at all. Like that's a no brain like it's super super easy. Any kind of savory dish. It just disappears and it just adds. Then these little key nutrients, scrambled eggs, omelet, no brainer, super easy, A couple of caps in their next level. It's the boring things that you do again and again and again that create the results. You go in and do the boring things like walking around the block or lifting rates every single day, borings, it might seem to some people, those are the results you'll get the results from that time and time again, would you say, for.
Speaker 3: In law a person the crazy kids, if they did that point of me or maybe three times a week, would that.
Speaker 1: Be a chepular right? It will be a game change of just try and go for whole foods.
Speaker 5: Who What's Dual alluded to before is that if you start off like this, you're not going to snack as much during the day, so that urgency to find something else to eat during the day isn't going to be there. So perhaps the first thing that somebody who's going to move from a traditional cereal based breakfast to something like this will be that they lose that urgency for the next hip, so they're off the red mail of food cycle and they're an embedtermental place. They then make an informed or an intentional decision about what the next thing is, and that they're just that little change in mindset is probably the most powerful thing that they could do or will occur for them to continue to take the journey. And then you know, you said, well, maybe three days a week, yep, we start there, and then as you are in this better mental place, it'll become seven days a week, and it'll become every meal The crazy thing is that you'll actually start to crave these simple dishes over and over again, and you'll find that you need less variance in your diet because your body's actually getting what it needs. So if you go in the reverse and your body's not getting what it needs, so you cook a fancy meal, your body can get the nutrients it needed.
Speaker 1: So I was like, right, let's try something different.
Speaker 5: And you're on this, you know, Merry go around to I've got to cook fifteen different meals every week. Once you get these and the body is getting what it needs, You're like, I just have that every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it tastes good, tastes good, and the body needs. Cravings are called craves for a reason. Yeah, but you fill in the nutritional gaps, your cravings go away. Yeah, I know what I'm having for breakfast now. It's changed.
Speaker 3: But no, it makes sense, guys, because like when we talk the other day in the podcast, it really flips something on with me.
Speaker 6: And I've actually been thinking of used to a lot better when I've been trying to like neg out of stuff, and I'm like, yeah, like even just like changing up whole food, getting rid of everything that was had any kind of.
Speaker 1: Wheels in it. Yeah, I'll be a Nazi. I'm like.
Speaker 3: I would put it in his long potot coming along in the backway.
Speaker 6: And I've always been kind of like against it, but not enough that like after our chat really been like, ohle.
Speaker 1: Ship, Well you can't unlearn what you learn, right, Yeah, it's always there. You can choose to ignore it. Yeah, but it depends where you want to go.
Speaker 6: That's that's the beauty of like those big companies doing there because they know that humans will export because it's genetically this or something where where we can easily just turn a blind.
Speaker 1: Life to all this crap that's going into our bood for some weird reason. A lot.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy.
Speaker 1: No, that's awesome. Well this is delicious, mate,