Speaker 1: Forty finals are here. It's going to be one hell of a match later on this week in Adelaide, Pies against Crows.
Speaker 2: We get to September and there is excitement in the air in Melbourne, even though Thursday night's game is not here in Melbourne. It is over in Adelaide. It is one v four Adelaide versus the Pies. And joining us this morning is Jeremy how.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning. Thanks having me.
Speaker 2: Firstly, how are you? How's your injury going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually from where it started to where it is, it's trending really well. So I've had a really good first nine days post injury and yeah, I've been able to get a significant amount of work in.
Speaker 3: So so is it.
Speaker 4: You're groin Yeah, so I heard it's an aductor strain, so a reoccurrence of the similar injury that happened about a month ago, but I was a little bit more significant this time. So we've been able to get plenty in and I've been training pretty hard.
Speaker 3: I've made up some time, which is pleasing.
Speaker 1: But because did they originally say you're out for the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they gave me like.
Speaker 4: A it was pretty much a four to six type window originally, and then given that I injured at the first time, i'd get a feebe of work in pre It's helped me bounce back to this one really relatively quickly.
Speaker 1: So have we just got to rest it.
Speaker 3: We weren't really in a position to rest it.
Speaker 4: So if the injury happened in June, it's a lot different than the way that you treated in August. So now that finals come around entered September, you've got to get pretty aggressive with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's because the week off between the season and the finals some people love and some people hate, but for someone like you, it must be great.
Speaker 3: Another we well welcome to it, and that's why.
Speaker 4: And then fortunate enough at top four position that if the boys could manage to go extra well and get it done and buys me another two weeks, which would be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, otherwise you've got you it's a tough call.
Speaker 5: So if they go down to the Crows, then you've got to decide whether you play the next match. But if you've gone to early, then you might not be out to the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: And that, oh, it's a discussion that you have.
Speaker 4: But given a given what's on the line and what's required to play like it's hard enough, but finals is a different kettle of fish, So you'd have to be very sure that you're good to go, and yeah, you'd definitely be touching go.
Speaker 2: So what is the vibe around the Colleingwood Football Club like at the moment, because I love this time of year, there's a buzz in the airs of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you nailed it.
Speaker 4: I think this time as soon as September hits, the weather changes, everyone gets a whiff of finals and then just puts you in a.
Speaker 3: Really exciting frame of mind.
Speaker 4: And you look at this this final series in particular, I think the eight sides that are in it, you can mount a really strong case for who's who's playing well, who's got a.
Speaker 3: Chance to win it all, who's your what's your Gutso outside.
Speaker 2: Of us really, yeah, do you think it's going to say another team? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, as in who would like the Pies v Who?
Speaker 3: In the end, I love the way Geelong I've obviously been playing really.
Speaker 1: Strong come out of nowhere that everyone else.
Speaker 4: People always talk about the draw that they've had, but you only play who's in front of you, and they play some really strong footy and a lot of the way that they play.
Speaker 2: So Collingwood versus Geelong Final, can you imagine he laughing at.
Speaker 1: Me trying to get involved in footy questions.
Speaker 3: Now I played one game, you're playing.
Speaker 2: He often says about things they just came out of nowhere. It's a bit of a well.
Speaker 5: Just I feel like there hasn't been much talk about Geelong, like a lot of it was us getting the Collie wobbles and Adelaide at the top.
Speaker 1: You know, they get Gelong of just along.
Speaker 4: To be fair, they're playing probably the most consistent footy throughout so they've put himself in a great position to take on Brizzy at the g and that's the game for me. Like, I'm a footy fan, So look at all the games, like I'm actually excited to watch them all because they're all blockbusters.
Speaker 3: And don't you don't actually know which way they're all going to get.
Speaker 2: When you're injured, because I know some players when they're injured, they actually can't even cop watching it because they're too frustrated. Do you sit in the stands and watch or do you say it? Like will you go over to Adelaide or you be at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely won't travel, but if the boys are playing here, i'd go, how do you go?
Speaker 3: Well, I still getting the.
Speaker 4: Change rooms two and a half hours pre game, so you almost feel like you're a part of it. You get around to make sure you get the touch half hours pre game, two and a half hours pre game. Got the death football match. I rocked up with Tend Me to.
Speaker 3: Me to go.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but it's it's challenging watching like you're feeling that you get in the one. I get Phomo really bad. But to the feeling of like knowing that you can't really contribute on field is really hard to really hard to take. But yeah, the guys are training well. They put himself in a great position to take on Adelaide and really excited to watch.
Speaker 1: Just quickly I did mention the Dad's footy match. You watched the video? Any feedback, Ah, So we've got this.
Speaker 4: We've actually got this thing that would would hold you in good stead. We call it don't no happy feet. So when you get the ball or a free kick or a mark, don't don't like kind of the penguage, do something like.
Speaker 2: Don't run on the spot because you cough it up.
Speaker 4: It's easy to turn over and unfortunately that's kind of probably what happened in your scenario, happy Feet, But it was just good to see you get out there and the tag it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right. So with the other thing he needed to learn was the that would have been a good start.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I hear the free kick man just stop the game, I would have taken my time, you know, real.
Speaker 3: Hear the whistle, it's an opportunity to take a breath.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'll tell you worry. I was focusing on breathing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, there is a real rivalry between Adelaide and Collingwood. We've seen a couple of games where it's been very physical. There's also been some controversy in games with Isaac crankin between Adelaide and Collingwood. Do you think that that the Pies players will go into it with a bit more fire in the belly?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: With how that plays out, I think that the fans will have a genuine thirst for the game more than more than ever. But yeah, for us, I think our last ten games against the Crow has been really really close. So we've been fortunate enough to pip them on most of those occasions.
Speaker 3: But then on the weekend when we played them a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Sorry, they got us by three, and that game could have gone either way. You know, we'll plus thirty three inside fifty, which and not winning a game is pretty outrageous. But their defense is unbelievable. So yeah, it's an exciting game. It's one of those ones that if the boys knew that they were going to Adelaide, there was a hungry to get back on plane and get.
Speaker 3: Back over there.
Speaker 4: So they're excited willing to get over there and attack it to see how they look like.
Speaker 5: It's a very expensive if you guys need help getting over there. I've heard they're running buses.
Speaker 3: That the pie a lot of buses.
Speaker 2: I think they're leaving at seven thirty on Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, not for the players, not for the players.
Speaker 2: Jase being a huge Collingwood found, I'm trying to get him on the bus.
Speaker 3: Are you beyond there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Drive?
Speaker 2: How do people get a seat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I think it's one hundred and thirty bucks in the club of the cover paying half of it, which is great and you should do for the club.
Speaker 3: There's five buses are going to be heading over at least.
Speaker 5: For those guys win, because otherwise it is a grim trip home on the bus.
Speaker 3: Depends how you look at it.
Speaker 2: Well, the good thing is Colin will get a second chance. Yeah, by the way, so they'll definitely be two games. So it's normally two hundred and sixty five, but it's one hundred and thirty two dollars if you want to travel with the Collingwood members. The Piles are subsidizing half of the two hundred, which is great.
Speaker 1: The vibe would be amazing heading over for.
Speaker 4: That, absolutely, that'd be exciting bus drip over and hopefully and even better one on the way back.
Speaker 1: All good luck.
Speaker 2: To your pies and we hope we see you out there.
Speaker 3: One minute, I'll go.
Speaker 5: Back to Jeremy. How join us on the air from the Pies. It has just gone twenty one past seven.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.