Speaker 1: Apoche production I Easier Advice? Are you okay? What happened? Promise it won't be too much. Bring it in. Welcome to our Bestie segment. This is the place for you.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back to another episode on our bestI Advice segment. This is one of our favorite segments.
Speaker 3: Reason being is.
Speaker 2: Because we get to hear your real life stories and things that you are struggling with or things that you feel challenged by, and we are here to give you our most unsolicited bestie advice. Right, So, Ashley, what have we got for today?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: So the title is infertility Emotionally Drained and Hope for More? What do I do next?
Speaker 1: Alright?
Speaker 3: It's just a reminder these are all anonymous. We have no idea who has written this in. Hey girls, a very personal question. I guess I've been suffering from secondary infertility. It's very draining and very emotional for the last two years. So my question is if you woke up one day and you couldn't have kids, would you adopt a child or a baby or foster a child. I'm going through a really hard time at the moment, and it's horrible. You get taught about not getting pregnant for so long. Then you have one baby and you try for a second, but it's taking too long. It needs to be spoken about more. Oh it's really really tough. I believe this is not spoken about enough, because when you have one child, if you were to complain or talk about wanting a second child and not being able to have one, people like, oh, you should be so grateful you've got one.
Speaker 1: And I know this because I went through it. So with Taje, we.
Speaker 3: Felt pregnant first go, no problems, no issues, super easy, and the matala it took eleven months. So I remember feeling all of this, and I remember wasn't a super close friend, but I do remember someone saying to me like, oh, you should just be so grateful that you've got one. And then I felt guilt because I was like, well, I am grateful, but I still want another one. Both can coexist, right.
Speaker 1: I was super.
Speaker 3: Grateful I had Tarj, but I still had this longing and this part in my heart.
Speaker 1: That knew I wanted another baby.
Speaker 3: And every month that you get a negative pregnancy test, and every month you get your period, it's so disheartening. So I don't feel like it is spoken about enough. But your question personally, if I could not have any children, I would definitely look into adoption or fostering a child. One hundred percent I would. I'd always knew I wanted to be a mother, and it's just everyone's so different. I don't think it's something we can.
Speaker 1: Tell you what is right or wrong.
Speaker 3: If you're feeling that longing for more children and more love and a bigger family, there is options you can look into. And also have you gone and got your eggs tested? Have you got his sperm tests? Like how long have you been trying for? Because doctors say, even fertility specialists, six to twelve months is considered a normal amount of time to fall pregnant. Oh wow, after twelve months, if you're not falling pregnant, that's when they can do more extensive testing. So I think we get caught up thinking it should just happen straight away, but it's actually such a small window that you can fall pregnant. So like when your ovulation, you've got five days. That's five days yeah, for that egg to get in there and for it to do its thing. And it's just not as simple as what they made out in high school. You have sex and you get pregnant. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never personally been in this position before, But the first thing that came to my head was potentially looking into like surrogacy as well.
Speaker 1: In Australia, isn't it No oh wow?
Speaker 3: When I last spoke about this with someone, Now it's not in America. It's quite easy to do, but not here in Australia.
Speaker 2: I guess I hear stories and things like that all over from America.
Speaker 1: That's probably why.
Speaker 2: But again I've never looked into it, but I definitely think that there are options and as well, like if you want to be a parent, it doesn't matter how it looks like. You want to be a parent, And I don't think that desire is necessarily going to go away. And there's no right or wrong way either, Like don't attach negative meaning because I know that there's some question here of like oh, would you foster or would you adopt? Like are you seeing that as a negative thing? Like what makes that wrong? I think it's a beautiful thing if it allows you to become a parent and to also give love to a child that also deserves to have that loves that is your child regardless, and I think that's a beautiful thing. So I think there's nothing that we can say that's gonna either encourage you or make you shy away from the decision. It has to be something that you genuinely want, and also just tapping into whether that's even a route you want to go down, or if it's something that doesn't feel right for you, Like only you will know what that looks like.
Speaker 3: Definitely, maybe I would jump into some forums too of women who have maybe gone overseas, because I know a gay couple that went overseas to find a surrogate, so like there is options for you, And also jump into forums that women have adopted or fostered a child and either experiences. Here is what was really hard about it, what was really challenging, what was really beautiful about it? Like what was the process? Because I know, to even foster a child or adopt doesn't happen overnight. It's like a three to six year process, so you can actually have a child on your home. It's quite an extensive process, and so.
Speaker 1: It should be. So it should be, so it should be so if.
Speaker 3: You're considering that, like I would definitely talk to people who have done it, and also your partner and what their thoughts are on the situation as well. I came to the realization when I had charged to that I had to accept that maybe I wasn't going to have another baby, and I did try to lean on gratitude more, even though I still had this longing for another one. I was so grateful and I just tried to lean on that more because I did think about the women that don't have any children like I have one, healthy, beautiful baby boy, and I am so so grateful.
Speaker 1: So I tried to lean on that more to help get me through and it did.
Speaker 3: It was still hard, but the more I lean on that, I felt better about the situation that if I wasn't to have another baby, I'm so lucky that I got to experience this one.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful perspective, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's easier than done when you're in the thick of it, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So oh it's a tough one and I feel for you and it's not spoken about enough. Bus sending you so much love and there is lots of options that you can explore with you and your partner, and you know, all in divine timing too. I remember when I got to that eleventh month. I just remember having the biggest breakdown, and then when I found out as pregnant.
Speaker 1: Now I have taalah.
Speaker 3: I said this before on the podcast, but if you haven't heard it, I'm just like, oh my gosh, thank goodness it took eleven months, because if it was six months, it wouldn't be her. It would have been a different child, and that would have been just as beautiful, I'm sure, but I'm so grateful for her, like her personality, which she looks like, who she is like, she's just a little ball of fun. I just wouldn't want to change anything about her. So divine timing. She was meant to come along at that time, and I was meant to wait for whatever reason, maybe I wasn't quite ready or whatever the universe had planned for me. And I really try and lean into the divine timing of everything, and everything happens at the right time for the right reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I honestly think just like, have lots of conversations around it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring it in, talk about it, explore it.
Speaker 2: The more curious you get on the situation, the more clarity you'll get on what you actually want to do, and there is no right or wrong, only what is right for you and what you want, and you get to decide what that looks like and whatever direction you're go in. I know it will be beautiful and how fun that you get to explore and that there actually are other options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you so much love.
Speaker 2: Also, I know that that doesn't make it easier for the infertility. Yeah, I know that you have your own process and your own grieving process around that as well. And also it's like one of those things. And again I can say this with a grain of salt, take it with a grain of salt. Is that you can grieve your process and there can also be other options that you look towards, and if that's your way through becoming a mum, allow it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and don't shame yourself for feeling sad about it or disappointed, because that's when I think we suffer in silence. Even you said that this wasn't spoken about enough, and it's not. And I remember feeling bad talking about it because I got a lot of backlash online. You have a child, so imagine those it can't have a child. We've been trying for three years, like, oh my god, I wish I'd been trying for eleven years, and there's so much comparison that it made me feel like my feelings weren't valid. So I just want you to know your feelings are very, very valid. Even if you're just six months and then you're feeling frustrated, that's still valid. Your experience is your experience. No one can take that away from you. That is how you feel, so don't shame yourself, talk about it, look at the options, be kind to yourself in the process, and enjoy the little one that.
Speaker 1: You already have. All of it.
Speaker 3: Good luck, lovely, thanks for joining us. We'll see you in the next episode.
Speaker 1: Bye.